• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by sele to join our community. Please click here to register.
I didn't need to tweak anything too badly about my previous fandoms before, because they were all justifiable, or made sense in some way. (At least, all the fandoms I have currently active.) The only hangup here is that other fandoms don't have stands, and that it's hard to comprehend what a stand is. Correct? Well, aside from the powers.
:/ That's my point, though. You don't need to "justify" it like that.

I don't understand what it is about stands that prevents them from being tweaked like that.

actually did put things into my own words in the power section. xD I heavily edited and cut down descriptions, and simplified them. Restoration alone had a good 2 paragraph explanation. (on the wiki)
Ok, sorry for making assumptions, then.

1) About the stand rules section: I'm just going to delete it. There's no sense in having it there.
o.o Well, in regards to most of it, I would agree with you. But, I do think it definitely helps to have at least some brief description of what a stand is.

2) I think I said this before, but the limit to the start of restoration is the 2 meter range limit of the stand. To restore the object in question, the power does not create new material, it only pulls it back together and restores it to a condition in it's history. So for the power to work properly, it has to pull the pieces back together, from whatever range they are.
Oh, ok. That works, then.

:/ That's my point, though. You don't need to "justify" it like that.

I don't understand what it is about stands that prevents them from being tweaked like that.

Ok, sorry for making assumptions, then.

o.o Well, in regards to most of it, I would agree with you. But, I do think it definitely helps to have at least some brief description of what a stand is.

Oh, ok. That works, then.
But I like to. And I'm already gonna adjust the Stand so, nbd.

No problem, You were right to assume such things, you just happened to be incorrect. ^^

I'll describe the stand and powers better. ^^

good to hear

But I like to. And I'm already gonna adjust the Stand so, nbd.

No problem, You were right to assume such things, you just happened to be incorrect. ^^

I'll describe the stand and powers better. ^^

good to hear
^^ Let me know when you're ready for me to take another look at it.

Edited my post! Feel free to tell me any more edits I need to make.

Normally, a stand would be incapable of being seen by normal people, but, Star Diamond can be seen by anyone when it has been summoned.
RIGHT SO

IT OCCURRED TO ME (and sorry for not thinking to bring this up earlier),

While it totally makes sense to say that other fandoms can see stands (and I would definitely agree that that's the right way to go), you can still make them invisible to normal humans if you want (which I guess would sort of maintain the feel of them being invisible to "normal people" like in the canon, while still providing the practical benefits of making them visible to fandoms -- whom I guess would serve as a rough equivalent to other stand-users in this scenario, having all their own crazy powers and whatnot). I realize it's kind of unlikely that JoJo would ever wind up using his stand in the presence of normal humans in the first place, buuuut you're welcome to make that distinction in the CS if you'd like.

I mean, not that you have to go that route. It was just a suggestion, and you can still go with them being fully visible to everyone if you want. I just thought I'd put the thought out there, since it's doable and I figured you might like that more.

Other than that, though, I'd say this looks pretty good! ^^ Just let me know whether or not you want to edit the part that I mentioned and I can add you to the accepted list as soon as all that's finished.

RIGHT SO

IT OCCURRED TO ME (and sorry for not thinking to bring this up earlier),

While it totally makes sense to say that other fandoms can see stands (and I would definitely agree that that's the right way to go), you can still make them invisible to normal humans if you want (which I guess would sort of maintain the feel of them being invisible to "normal people" like in the canon, while still providing the practical benefits of making them visible to fandoms -- whom I guess would serve as a rough equivalent to other stand-users in this scenario, having all their own crazy powers and whatnot). I realize it's kind of unlikely that JoJo would ever wind up using his stand in the presence of normal humans in the first place, buuuut you're welcome to make that distinction in the CS if you'd like.

I mean, not that you have to go that route. It was just a suggestion, and you can still go with them being fully visible to everyone if you want. I just thought I'd put the thought out there, since it's doable and I figured you might like that more.

Other than that, though, I'd say this looks pretty good! ^^ Just let me know whether or not you want to edit the part that I mentioned and I can add you to the accepted list as soon as all that's finished.
I'll add that in, then. ^^ Other than that, we're golden!

I'll add that in, then. ^^ Other than that, we're golden!
Added him to the list!

If you're looking for a place to jump into the IC, we could arrange for him and Undertale to run into each other... OwO Probably best to get another group started while that whole mega-group thing has yet to be resolved, anyway.

Added him to the list!

If you're looking for a place to jump into the IC, we could arrange for him and Undertale to run into each other... OwO Probably best to get another group started while that whole mega-group thing has yet to be resolved, anyway.
I'll throw metal gear and JoJo at Undertale then.

I'll throw metal gear and JoJo at Undertale then.
o3o Both of them? You sure you want two characters in one group like that (especially when there's only one other group member besides them)?

It might be easier to just pick one for now and (re)introduce the other one later.

I just watched the new X-Files premiere, and...

It was beautiful. It was amazing.

Merk... Not only did that take far too long for my taste, I've still not posted for Final Fantasy, Megaman and Touhou >_<.

As for my initial thoughts, though,

2) I... really don't think I understand the concept of stands. At all. :/ And I... think that whole section of your CS might have to be re-organized a bit in order for it to be easier to process. I don't have many concrete suggestions for you right now, though.

3) That whole bit about stands only being visible to stand-users is... yeah, we might have to re-think a lot of that stuff. Really, the way the whole thing is kind of written as if other stand users are even a thing to begin with is kind of the problematic part, as there really won't be other stand users around (kind of like what I said to Chillin about Ib's powers -- there's no need to explain how Ib can heal other people's roses if no one else even has roses like that). It's a lot easier to frame these fandom-specific powers as just being a special little thing unique to them as opposed to describing it exactly as it exists in that canon universe, where multiple people would have it. (I'll try to get into specifics later -- but hopefully the gist of what I'm saying makes sense for now.)

4) In general, that is a huge list of really overpowered abilities. @_@ Normally I'm fine with fandoms having some pretty intense abilities, but everything on the list is just so specific and easily-abusable, so... yeah. I'll have to think on this more. The time-stopping one, though, I think I'll have to say no to outright just because timey-whimey stuff doesn't mesh with RP mechanics very well.
.... I kinda wanna question/explain some of your concerns...

#2, I think that they explained it pretty well. As far as I see, they described the basics of what a Stand is and then explained what Jojo (fandom)'s own stand can do. From what little I know (thought that might be WHY I think this), it's pretty decent for an explanation. But you do have the last word on that, I know.

#3, Again, I think that this makes sense. I think the implication is that the stand that the Jojo fandom character has operates a bit differently from the stands of the characters in the Jojo SERIES, rather than implying that other FANDOMS would have such a thing, which is what happened with Ib's CS.

#4, .....THAT'S overpowered? Maybe I didn't read it thoroughly enough, but it didn't seem very overpowered to me. Especially compared to Metal Gear's abilities and description (it said stuff about being the best fighter and mastering every weapon, something along those lines; I skimmed). I thought you would say something about those, but you didn't. Is there a reason for that? What makes you say that JoJo's abilities are overpowered but not Metal Gear's?

I do ultimately trust your judgement, I just want to understand why you said what you said (and also didn't say).

>continues reading the unread posts while waiting for a response<

I HAVE FINALLY CAUGHT UP AGAIN

I'm on a new laptop (the other one is out for repairs...AGAIN), back at college, and I don't have my first class of the semester for another hour and a half.

@Kaga-kun , as far as my response to your stuffz goes, I posted that before reading the other posts. I just wanted to get that in there before it slipped my mind. Mainly I want to know what seemed OP about JoJo's abilities but not Metal Gear's abilities, because MG's seemed kinda OP to me....

ALSOOO um.... I'll hold off on posting Daymare Town's CS for a little while longer, at least for another week. I have to transfer the data backup from my other laptop to this one (the CS was in a document on that laptop), and I'm 90% sure it's not 100% done. Aside from that, I wanna settle into the semester first. Also I wanna see what happens with this new event before adding another character into it.

#2, I think that they explained it pretty well. As far as I see, they described the basics of what a Stand is and then explained what Jojo (fandom)'s own stand can do. From what little I know (thought that might be WHY I think this), it's pretty decent for an explanation. But you do have the last word on that, I know.
Just knowing how the fandom's abilities stacked up to that of the canon wasn't really my concern. What bothered me was the fact that I had no idea what the very concept of a stand even is. @_@ Is this a sort of spirit-like thing that just grants its user greater abilities, but without taking on much form of its own? Or is it a fully sentient entity? Are they stored in the form of some sort of physical item that the user keeps on their person (though I admit, thinking about it now, it's probably just the fact that so many of his examples were named after tarot cards that primed me to even consider visualizing them as some sort of easy-to-carry physical object), or are they a fully incorporeal entity?

This is moreso why I said I didn't understand what stands are. Because getting a list of their abilities is great and all, but, I just didn't understand, at the very most basic level, just what they were. @_@ It was impossible for me to even form a vague mental concept of what they were supposed to be -- I was just too confused in that regard.

But, since then, JoJo explained it as an "extension of the user's fighting spirit" and that's good enough for me. Definitely helps me paint a more concrete picture in my mind.

Not to mention, explaining what stands can do in the canon just to say that it doesn't apply to the fandom's stand is... kind of unnecessary, really. XD It doesn't serve much purpose in the CS. We only really need to know what the fandom can do -- not so much the particulars of whatever specific entity they're based off of.

#4, .....THAT'S overpowered? Maybe I didn't read it thoroughly enough, but it didn't seem very overpowered to me. Especially compared to Metal Gear's abilities and description (it said stuff about being the best fighter and mastering every weapon, something along those lines; I skimmed). I thought you would say something about those, but you didn't. Is there a reason for that? What makes you say that JoJo's abilities are overpowered but not Metal Gear's?
You bring up a good point, but, I think the reason why Metal Gear didn't strike me as OP is because the descriptions in that CS were a lot more vague. You know, easy to interpret as mere exaggerations that just about anyone would say casually, even if they clearly weren't meant to be taken literally. JoJo's CS, on the other hand, dealt with some pretty concrete figures by comparison. o.o

For example, if we look at MG's CS,

Peak human agility, strength, and endurance. Familiarity and skill with every weapon known to man, and the ability to lethally, or non-lethally take down a target unarmed. Nigh unbreakable willpower.
The only thing here that's even really measurable at all is the "every weapon known to man" bit, but, since that isn't really a physical superpower as much as it's just knowing things about weapons -- which is theoretically something a normal human could do -- it doesn't really come across as overpowered (especially since this only means that MG would be knowledgeable about normal, human weapons, as opposed to knowing everything about all the crazy fantasy/sci-fi stuff that other fandoms might have at their disposal -- because that comes across as slightly more OP :P).

"Peak human agility, strength, and endurance" doesn't try to make any ridiculous claims about what exactly he's capable of, and it most definitely feels plausible that another fandom could beat him in a fight if such a situation ever came up (especially since it emphasizes peak human condition, and a good number of our fandoms are a notch or two above human :P ).

Nothing here tells us exactly what he's capable of in super concrete terms, so it leaves room for him to be bested by someone else under the right circumstances. And I think that's really my criteria for whether or not something is "godmoddy". Because, I mean, the quintessential image of a godmodder is someone who makes themselves impossible to hit and impossible to avoid attacks from, right?

Weeell...

Super strength: SD can break a 4"thick steel wall, and lift up a car filled with people with one hand. (with no visible strain)
Self-Preservation: SD is aware of things that may happen to JoJo even if he is not, and will do it's utmost to protect him, even while he is unconscious. It can phase through his body to stop bullets or knives from puncturing major organs, and will act even without orders, or disobey orders from JoJo to save him.
Enhanced eyesight and precision: SD can see things in fine detail up to 4km away, and has un-shaking hands, capable of surgically removing foreign objects like bullets from a body with just it's fingers.
I'm not trying to accuse JoJo (the player) of anything here, but uh... does this not sound like a godmod player trying to create crazy justifications for their character being completely unbeatable? @_@ The super strength and enhanced eyesight/precision bits describe Star Diamond's abilities using concrete, measurable figures -- and pretty insane figures, at that, as it's hard to imagine that the kind of abilities mentioned here would ever not be enough for the task at hand -- all while emphasizing what little effort it takes, just to show that it isn't even a struggle (thus adding to that vibe of being untouchably unbeatable). Additionally, the self-preservation bit even makes it so that even when JoJo himself would not even be aware of any danger present, Star Diamond can still protect him and, once again, make him pretty much invulnerable. ALSO, although this has since been edited out of the CS, there were originally references to powers having "infinite range", and uh, hopefully it's obvious just why that phrase doesn't sit right with me.

Granted, I made that initial post when I was feeling tired and spacey and I did clarify that my thoughts on the CS at that time weren't to be considered a definite stance or anything, as I planned to look back at it when I was feeling more awake and focused. And, having taken a more objective look at it, I did decide that most of it was acceptable, especially since the rule had always been that giving your characters overpowered abilities is more-or-less ok, so long as you don't actually act in a godmoddish fashion in the IC (besides, I'm sure he wouldn't be the only fandom who's very hard to kill. Like, I mean, good luck getting Torchwood to stay dead. :P ), which is why the only things I really had to say no to in the end were the time stop ability (just because it doesn't work well with RP mechanics), and the "infinite range" thing (because I have to draw the line somewhere, and making that sort of thing 'infinite' is generally a good place to draw said line -- not to mention, I apparently misunderstood what exactly about the move was 'infinite', and it's since been edited to not be so misleading).

But uh, yeah, hopefully you can see now why just looking over the list of powers gave off a very... "yikes" sort of feeling. It was mostly just because of how it was written.

On an unrelated note:

There are many bookmarks on my browser that I don't even recognize after a while, because I gave them such bizarre names that I have no idea what it could possibly be and I'm often kind of afraid to look -- even though, when I open said bookmarks, I usually laugh when I remember exactly was it is and think "yeah, I have no idea what else I possibly could've labeled that as".

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-24%20at%2010.25.34%20PM.png

...This is definitely going to be one of those bookmarks.

o3o Both of them? You sure you want two characters in one group like that (especially when there's only one other group member besides them)?

It might be easier to just pick one for now and (re)introduce the other one later.
Been thinking about that and it makes more sense to have Metal Gear head straight for the explosion.

JoJo will "awaken" fabulously, and we can figure out a way to introduce him to Undertale.

Reactions: Kagayours
But uh, yeah, hopefully you can see now why just looking over the list of powers gave off a very... "yikes" sort of feeling. It was mostly just because of how it was written.
Yep. It all makes sense.

I'm actually working on a post for FE and T-M now, so, expect it tomorrow.

Reactions: Kagayours
AAAAAAH IT IS SUCH A GOOD YEAR TO BE A POKEMON FAN!!!

WHY, YOU ASK?? WELL THERE ARE MANY REASONS. BUT BEFORE I DELVE INTO THAT LET ME FIRST SHARE THIS WONDERFUL LITTLE VIDEO WITH YOU:

IS IT TOO EARLY FOR SUPER BOWL COMMERCIALS TO BE POSTED ONLINE? YES. BUT, I DON'T CARE. BECAUSE THIS IS HONESTLY JUST BEAUTIFUL AND SO TRUE TO THE POKEMON SPIRIT AND ISN'T EVEN TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR. IT'S JUST A CELEBRATION OF POKEMON OVERALL. AND THAT'S WONDERFUL.

And it's also great for getting you in the right hyped-up mood to get excited about EVERYTHING ELSE THIS YEAR HAS TO OFFER.

BECAUSE LIKE ANY MILESTONE ANNIVERSARY YEAR SHOULD BE, IT'S FILLED WITH FUCKIN' AMAZING NONSENSE.

Like, how about, in the spirit of an anniversary like this, we go back to Pokemon's roots with 3DS PORTS OF THE ORIGINAL GEN I GAMES.

WITH WIRELESS COMMUNICATION SUPPORT AND EVERYTHING. THAT'S RIGHT, YOU GET TO EXPERIENCE THE ORIGINAL POKEMON GAMES AS THEY WERE MEANT TO BE PLAYED, COMPLETE WITH TRADING AND BATTLING AGAINST OTHER PEOPLE -- THE CORE IDEAS THAT INSPIRED THIS ENTIRE SERIES TO BEGIN WITH.

WERE THESE GAMES A BELOVED PART OF YOUR CHILDHOOD, ALTHOUGH YOU LAMENTED THE FACT THAT YOU COULDN'T TRADE OR BATTLE ANYONE? DID YOU BUY A GAMEBOY LINK CABLE ONLY TO FIND THAT FUCKING NO ONE EVEN WANTED TO PLAY WITH YOU, AND EVEN WHEN THEY DID, THE PIECE-OF-SHIT CABLE DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING WORK RIGHT??

OR DID YOU NOT AT ALL EXPERIENCE THE SAME PARTICULAR DILEMMA THAT I FACED IN MY OWN CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCES OF THESE GAMES, BUT YOU STILL REALLY WANNA TRY OUT SOME CLASSIC POKEMON AND ACTUALLY INTERACT WITH PEOPLE ON IT???

WELL THEN YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED, BECAUSE NINTENDO'S BRINGING YOU SOME GORGEOUS CLASSIC POKEMON WHILE KEEPING INTACT THE BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE OF TRADING AND BATTLING WITH YOUR NERD FRIENDS, JUST AS IT WAS INTENDED TWENTY YEARS AGO.

BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT THE OTHER COOL THING ABOUT GEN I WAS?? "CATCHING 'EM ALL" WAS ACTUALLY KIND OF A PLAUSIBLE FUCKING TASK, so long as you could actually trade with people. When playing the game, it's easy to see that, ideally, catching a modest 150 species would be challenging but still at least within reach if you could only trade to get the ones that you'll otherwise never have. Linking up with someone not possible for you?? TOO BAD. I GUESS YOU'RE NOT GETTING THOSE VERSION EXCLUSIVES OR THE OTHER TWO STARTERS. MUCH LESS ANYTHING THAT EVOLVES SPECIFICALLY BY TRADING. YOU'RE SHIT OUT OF LUCK, KID.

UNTIL NOW.

And yes, I did say "150" and not "151", cuz, in the original games, they literally never even programmed in any way to encounter Mew. Hell, Mew wasn't even originally planned to be in the game to begin with! They snuck it in at the last minute and a good chunk of the development team didn't even know about it until after the game's release. And it shows, too -- given the fact that Gen I Mew only learns a grand total of five moves by leveling up, but is compatible with literally ALL TM's and HM's (I guess they didn't have much time to program specifics on that front), and uh, oh yeah, there's also the fact that ITS CODE IS IN THE GAME, AND IT IS A PERFECTLY FUNCTIONAL POKEMON IN EVERY REGARD, BUT THEY LITERALLY NEVER PROGRAMMED ANY WAY FOR YOU TO ACTUALLY ENCOUNTER IT (which is why, famously, the only way to obtain Mew in Gen I is by exploiting a glitch). Oh, and it's ALSO the reason -- for all you Pokemon fans who were kept awake at night as a kid pondering this -- why Mew comes after Mewtwo in the Pokedex. Cuz originally only Mewtwo was supposed to actually be in the game to begin with, and they tacked Mew onto the end later. ...Which would also explain why the final count even wound up being 151 as opposed to keeping it at a nice, marketable number like 150. (THAT'S A FUN BIT OF POKEMON TRIVIA FOR YA!!!)

But, back to the point -- is it likely that the 3DS ports of Red/Blue/Yellow will have patched the aforementioned glitch that was previously the only way of getting Mew? (Along with probably a lot of other glitches because uh, yeah, there were a FUCKING TON OF THEM in Gen I, even way beyond the really infamous ones.) Unfortunately, that is a distinct possibility -- especially since that glitch can do a lot more than summoning Mew. Screw around with it too much and you can unleash HELL and it is literally the reason why I can't even walk onto route 7 anymore on my old copy of Red without the game fucking up in all sorts of freaky ways. And while I'm probably not the only one who would fucking fangirl squeal upon seeing a Missingno on a fucking 3DS screen, it's rather understandable as to why Gamefreak might want to patch a lot of this crazy shit up. (Kind of makes me wonder if they can really catch everything, though. There were just so many glitches...)

BUT, THAT SAID, does this mean that, since using the 3DS console's superior technology to remedy the flaws of some old games is apparently a possibility, it's plausible that they might actually try to hand out actual MYSTERY GIFTS for Mew in this game?? Well, I don't know. That's kind of wishful thinking, and I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't really give us any way to encounter Mew at all. And honestly? I'd be ok with that -- since being able to collect 150 Pokemon by trading with other people precisely the way it was intended is more than good enough for me.

Besides, it's been fucking forever since they gave out an event Mew. That thing's probably one of the rarest and most coveted -- if not the rarest and coveted -- event Pokemon on the market right now, if only because I'm pretty sure there hasn't been an event for it since Gen III.

So, even the idea of a Mew mystery gift on the current generation of Pokemon games just seems like something that'll never happeOH WAIT WAIT WAIT.

WAIT.

MEW MYSTERY GIFT FOR GEN VI, YOU SAY???

WELL HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS, CUZ MEW'S COMING, AND IT'S NOT ALONE!!!.

THAT'S RIGHT, NOT ONLY DO YOU GET MEW, FUCKING MEW AS AN EVENT STARTING NEXT MONTH, BUT 2016 WILL ALSO BRING US A GRAND TOTAL OF ELEVEN. EVENT. POKEMON. AND I DON'T MEAN EVENTS AS IN "HERE'S SOME COOL SORT OF RARE POKEMON THAT YOU COULD PLAUSIBLY CATCH ON YOUR OWN BUT WE'RE HANDING IT OUT FOR FREE CUZ IT'S STILL COOL AND RARE" -- NO, I MEAN, EVENT-ONLY POKEMON, SHIT LIKE MEW AND CELEBI AND ALL THOSE OTHER FANCY PANTSY CANNOT-TRADE-THIS-ON-THE-GTS-FOR-SOME-REASON-EVEN-THOUGH-PLAYERS-ARE-STILL-CAPABLE-OF-ASKING-FOR-IT-ON-THE-GTS-FOR-SOME-REASON SPECIES THAT'VE SPENT THE PAST 20 YEARS CLUTTERING UP THE POKEDEX WITH SLOTS THAT HAVE SLIM-TO-NONE CHANCES OF BEING FILLED BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO GET YOUR HANDS ON UNLESS GAMEFREAK DECIDES TO BE GENEROUS AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME -- EMPTY SLOTS THAT JUST SIT THERE, TAUNTING YOU, LIKE VERSION-EXCLUSIVES ON THE POKEDEX OF A FUCKING GEN I GAME THAT'S NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT TO ANYTHING EVER.

BUT NO MORE, CUZ NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO CATCH UP WITH ELEVEN. EVENT. POKEMON., ALL THROUGHOUT THIS GLORIOUS YEAR.

ARE YOU EVEN HEARING ME??? AN EVENT FOR ANOTHER RARE EVENT-ONLY SPECIES EVERY MONTH STARTING IN FEBRUARY!!!

Have I convinced you that 2016 is the best year in Pokemon yet??? Well don't be convinced just yet, because I feel I should remind you all that POKEMON GO NEVER STOPPED BEING A THING.

YEAH, THAT'S COMING OUT THIS YEAR, TOO. Oh, wait, what's that?? You're still skeptical of the game living up to what you hoped it would be, because you couldn't get any concrete info from those beautiful but admittedly not-very-informative trailers??? Well APPARENTLY YOU MISSED THE UPDATE ON THAT, BECAUSE NOT ONLY WILL DIFFERENT SPECIES OF POKEMON BE PRESENT IN THE ENVIRONMENT YOU'RE IN (JUST LIKE WE HOPED), AND NOT ONLY WILL THERE BE LIVE EVENTS THAT MULTIPLE PEOPLE IN THE AREA CAN GET IN ON (LIKE THE TRAILER SUGGESTED WITH THE MEWTWO THING), BUT THERE'LL EVEN BE GYMS.

FUCKING. GYMS.

YOU GET TO GO AND PHYSICALLY TRAVEL ACROSS THE LAND, SEARCHING FAR AND WIDE, LITERALLY EXPLORING NEW REAL-WORLD AREAS IN SEARCH FOR RARE SPECIES OF POKEMON; YOU GET TO BATTLE AND TRAIN THOSE LOVELY THINGS SO THEY GET STRONGER; YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO TRADE WITH PEOPLE SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE IT GIVES YOU A CHANCE TO OBTAIN SPECIES THAT WERE CAUGHT SOMEPLACE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO (*foams at the mouth*); AND THEN, WHEN YOU'RE READY TO PUT YOUR POKEMON SKILLS TO THE TEST,

YOU CAN CHALLENGE

ACTUAL. POKEMON. GYMS.

SO IF YOU WERE GETTING HYPED UP JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW THE 3DS PORTS OF GEN I ARE GONNA LET YOU EXPERIENCE THE TRUEST, PUREST SPIRIT OF POKEMON EXACTLY AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE EXPERIENCED, I JUST WANT YOU TO CONSIDER THIS FUCKING APP -- BECAUSE I DON'T THINK ANYTHING CAN MORE CLEARLY CAPTURE EVERYTHING THAT POKEMON WAS SUPPOSED TO FEEL LIKE, AND EVERYTHING THAT THOSE ORIGINAL GAME DEVELOPERS TRIED SO HARD TO INCORPORATE INTO THOSE FIRST FEW GAMES, EVEN THOUGH TECHNOLOGY AT THE TIME COULD ONLY DO SO MUCH, AND THE REST HAD TO BE FILLED IN WITH YOUR IMAGINATION.

BUT NOW WE HAVE THIS, AND THE DREAM OF BEING A POKEMON MASTER HAS NEVER FELT MORE REAL.

2016 IS GONNA BE AN ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL YEAR. ;w;

Last edited:
AAAAAAH IT IS SUCH A GOOD YEAR TO BE A POKEMON FAN!!!

WHY, YOU ASK?? WELL THERE ARE MANY REASONS. BUT BEFORE I DELVE INTO THAT LET ME FIRST SHARE THIS WONDERFUL LITTLE VIDEO WITH YOU:

IS IT TOO EARLY FOR SUPER BOWL COMMERCIALS TO BE POSTED ONLINE? YES. BUT, I DON'T CARE. BECAUSE THIS IS HONESTLY JUST BEAUTIFUL AND SO TRUE TO THE POKEMON SPIRIT AND ISN'T EVEN TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR. IT'S JUST A CELEBRATION OF POKEMON OVERALL. AND THAT'S WONDERFUL.

And it's also great for getting you in the right hyped-up mood to get excited about EVERYTHING ELSE THIS YEAR HAS TO OFFER.

BECAUSE LIKE ANY MILESTONE ANNIVERSARY YEAR SHOULD BE, IT'S FILLED WITH FUCKIN' AMAZING NONSENSE.

Like, how about, in the spirit of an anniversary like this, we go back to Pokemon's roots with 3DS PORTS OF THE ORIGINAL GEN I GAMES.

WITH WIRELESS COMMUNICATION SUPPORT AND EVERYTHING. THAT'S RIGHT, YOU GET TO EXPERIENCE THE ORIGINAL POKEMON GAMES AS THEY WERE MEANT TO BE PLAYED, COMPLETE WITH TRADING AND BATTLING AGAINST OTHER PEOPLE -- THE CORE IDEAS THAT INSPIRED THIS ENTIRE SERIES TO BEGIN WITH.

WERE THESE GAMES A BELOVED PART OF YOUR CHILDHOOD, ALTHOUGH YOU LAMENTED THE FACT THAT YOU COULDN'T TRADE OR BATTLE ANYONE? DID YOU BUY A GAMEBOY LINK CABLE ONLY TO FIND THAT FUCKING NO ONE EVEN WANTED TO PLAY WITH YOU, AND EVEN WHEN THEY DID, THE PIECE-OF-SHIT CABLE DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING WORK RIGHT??

OR DID YOU NOT AT ALL EXPERIENCE THE SAME PARTICULAR DILEMMA THAT I FACED IN MY OWN CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCES OF THESE GAMES, BUT YOU STILL REALLY WANNA TRY OUT SOME CLASSIC POKEMON AND ACTUALLY INTERACT WITH PEOPLE ON IT???

WELL THEN YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED, BECAUSE NINTENDO'S BRINGING YOU SOME GORGEOUS CLASSIC POKEMON WHILE KEEPING INTACT THE BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE OF TRADING AND BATTLING WITH YOUR NERD FRIENDS, JUST AS IT WAS INTENDED TWENTY YEARS AGO.

BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT THE OTHER COOL THING ABOUT GEN I WAS?? "CATCHING 'EM ALL" WAS ACTUALLY KIND OF A PLAUSIBLE FUCKING TASK, so long as you could actually trade with people. When playing the game, it's easy to see that, ideally, catching a modest 150 species would be challenging but still at least within reach if you could only trade to get the ones that you'll otherwise never have. Linking up with someone not possible for you?? TOO BAD. I GUESS YOU'RE NOT GETTING THOSE VERSION EXCLUSIVES OR THE OTHER TWO STARTERS. MUCH LESS ANYTHING THAT EVOLVES SPECIFICALLY BY TRADING. YOU'RE SHIT OUT OF LUCK, KID.

UNTIL NOW.

And yes, I did say "150" and not "151", cuz, in the original games, they literally never even programmed in any way to encounter Mew. Hell, Mew wasn't even originally planned to be in the game to begin with! They snuck it in at the last minute and a good chunk of the development team didn't even know about it until after the game's release. And it shows, too -- given the fact that Gen I Mew only learns a grand total of five moves by leveling up, but is compatible with literally ALL TM's and HM's (I guess they didn't have much time to program specifics on that front), and uh, oh yeah, there's also the fact that ITS CODE IS IN THE GAME, AND IT IS A PERFECTLY FUNCTIONAL POKEMON IN EVERY REGARD, BUT THEY LITERALLY NEVER PROGRAMMED ANY WAY FOR YOU TO ACTUALLY ENCOUNTER IT (which is why, famously, the only way to obtain Mew in Gen I is by exploiting a glitch). Oh, and it's ALSO the reason -- for all you Pokemon fans who were kept awake at night as a kid pondering this -- why Mew comes after Mewtwo in the Pokedex. Cuz originally only Mewtwo was supposed to actually be in the game to begin with, and they tacked Mew onto the end later. ...Which would also explain why the final count even wound up being 151 as opposed to keeping it at a nice, marketable number like 150. (THAT'S A FUN BIT OF POKEMON TRIVIA FOR YA!!!)

But, back to the point -- is it likely that the 3DS ports of Red/Blue/Yellow will have patched the aforementioned glitch that was previously the only way of getting Mew? (Along with probably a lot of other glitches because uh, yeah, there were a FUCKING TON OF THEM in Gen I, even way beyond the really infamous ones.) Unfortunately, that is a distinct possibility -- especially since that glitch can do a lot more than summoning Mew. Screw around with it too much and you can unleash HELL and it is literally the reason why I can't even walk onto route 7 anymore on my old copy of Red without the game fucking up in all sorts of freaky ways. And while I'm probably not the only one who would fucking fangirl squeal upon seeing a Missingno on a fucking 3DS screen, it's rather understandable as to why Gamefreak might want to patch a lot of this crazy shit up. (Kind of makes me wonder if they can really catch everything, though. There were just so many glitches...)

BUT, THAT SAID, does this mean that, since using the 3DS console's superior technology to remedy the flaws of some old games is apparently a possibility, it's plausible that they might actually try to hand out actual MYSTERY GIFTS for Mew in this game?? Well, I don't know. That's kind of wishful thinking, and I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't really give us any way to encounter Mew at all. And honestly? I'd be ok with that -- since being able to collect 150 Pokemon by trading with other people precisely the way it was intended is more than good enough for me.

Besides, it's been fucking forever since they gave out an event Mew. That thing's probably one of the rarest and most coveted -- if not the rarest and coveted -- event Pokemon on the market right now, if only because I'm pretty sure there hasn't been an event for it since Gen III.

So, even the idea of a Mew mystery gift on the current generation of Pokemon games just seems like something that'll never happeOH WAIT WAIT WAIT.

WAIT.

MEW MYSTERY GIFT FOR GEN VI, YOU SAY???

WELL HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS, CUZ MEW'S COMING, AND IT'S NOT ALONE!!!.

THAT'S RIGHT, NOT ONLY DO YOU GET MEW, FUCKING MEW AS AN EVENT STARTING NEXT MONTH, BUT 2016 WILL ALSO BRING US A GRAND TOTAL OF ELEVEN. EVENT. POKEMON. AND I DON'T MEAN EVENTS AS IN "HERE'S SOME COOL SORT OF RARE POKEMON THAT YOU COULD PLAUSIBLY CATCH ON YOUR OWN BUT WE'RE HANDING IT OUT FOR FREE CUZ IT'S STILL COOL AND RARE" -- NO, I MEAN, EVENT-ONLY POKEMON, SHIT LIKE MEW AND CELEBI AND ALL THOSE OTHER FANCY PANTSY CANNOT-TRADE-THIS-ON-THE-GTS-FOR-SOME-REASON-EVEN-THOUGH-PLAYERS-ARE-STILL-CAPABLE-OF-ASKING-FOR-IT-ON-THE-GTS-FOR-SOME-REASON SPECIES THAT'VE SPENT THE PAST 20 YEARS CLUTTERING UP THE POKEDEX WITH SLOTS THAT HAVE SLIM-TO-NONE CHANCES OF BEING FILLED BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO GET YOUR HANDS ON UNLESS GAMEFREAK DECIDES TO BE GENEROUS AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME -- EMPTY SLOTS THAT JUST SIT THERE, TAUNTING YOU, LIKE VERSION-EXCLUSIVES ON THE POKEDEX OF A FUCKING GEN I GAME THAT'S NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT TO ANYTHING EVER.

BUT NO MORE, CUZ NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO CATCH UP WITH ELEVEN. EVENT. POKEMON., ALL THROUGHOUT THIS GLORIOUS YEAR.

ARE YOU EVEN HEARING ME??? AN EVENT FOR ANOTHER RARE EVENT-ONLY SPECIES EVERY MONTH STARTING IN FEBRUARY!!!

Have I convinced you that 2016 is the best year in Pokemon yet??? Well don't be convinced just yet, because I feel I should remind you all that POKEMON GO NEVER STOPPED BEING A THING.

YEAH, THAT'S COMING OUT THIS YEAR, TOO. Oh, wait, what's that?? You're still skeptical of the game living up to what you hoped it would be, because you couldn't get any concrete info from those beautiful but admittedly not-very-informative trailers??? Well APPARENTLY YOU MISSED THE UPDATE ON THAT, BECAUSE NOT ONLY WILL DIFFERENT SPECIES OF POKEMON BE PRESENT IN THE ENVIRONMENT YOU'RE IN (JUST LIKE WE HOPED), AND NOT ONLY WILL THERE BE LIVE EVENTS THAT MULTIPLE PEOPLE IN THE AREA CAN GET IN ON (LIKE THE TRAILER SUGGESTED WITH THE MEWTWO THING), BUT THERE'LL EVEN BE GYMS.

FUCKING. GYMS.

YOU GET TO GO AND PHYSICALLY TRAVEL AROUND THE LAND, SEARCHING FAR AND WIDE, LITERALLY EXPLORING NEW REAL-WORLD AREAS IN SEARCH FOR RARE SPECIES OF POKEMON; YOU GET TO BATTLE AND TRAIN THOSE LOVELY THINGS SO THEY GET STRONGER; YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO TRADE WITH PEOPLE SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE IT GIVES YOU A CHANCE TO OBTAIN SPECIES THAT WERE CAUGHT SOMEPLACE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO (*foams at the mouth*); AND THEN, WHEN YOU'RE READY TO PUT YOUR POKEMON SKILLS TO THE TEST,

YOU CAN CHALLENGE

ACTUAL. POKEMON. GYMS.

SO IF YOU WERE GETTING HYPED UP JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW THE 3DS PORTS OF GEN I ARE GONNA LET YOU EXPERIENCE THE TRUEST, PUREST SPIRIT OF POKEMON EXACTLY AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE EXPERIENCED, I JUST WANT YOU TO CONSIDER THIS FUCKING APP -- BECAUSE I DON'T THINK ANYTHING CAN MORE CLEARLY CAPTURE EVERYTHING THAT POKEMON WAS SUPPOSED TO FEEL LIKE, AND EVERYTHING THAT THOSE ORIGINAL GAME DEVELOPERS TRIED SO HARD TO INCORPORATE INTO THOSE FIRST FEW GAMES, EVEN THOUGH TECHNOLOGY AT THE TIME COULD ONLY DO SO MUCH, AND THE REST HAD TO BE FILLED IN WITH YOUR IMAGINATION.

BUT NOW WE HAVE THIS, AND THE DREAM OF BEING A POKEMON MASTER HAS NEVER FELT MORE REAL.

2016 IS GONNA BE AN ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL YEAR. ;w;

Do you need a moment to calm down?