• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
xvypo.jpg

Name: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Prefers to be called JoJo. Any other name will garner no response, and any mockery will not be received well.)
Appearance:
JoJo is tall (195 cm/6'5") handsome, and powerfully built, with a strong jaw, bold eyebrows, and light eyes. He has short, dark and unkempt hair, parts of his bangs shooting outwards in spikes, apart from which he closely resembles the first JoJo, Jonathan Joestar. He wears a visored, ornamented cap, torn at the back and blending with his hair, and a roughly mid-calf-length coat with a standing collar and chains attached. Underneath the coat, JoJo wears a tank top cut above the navel, gloves studded at the knuckles, and wears a pair of slim-fitting ¥20,000 pants of very short, sharp flares; and two slim belts, often differently colored, patterned in a row of alternately colored tessellated triangles (reflecting Caesar/Joseph's headband), along with a pair of leather shoes without socks.

Jojo%20fandom_zps9hn73in0.png
Personality: On the outside, Jojo is a rough-looking individual, with a hot temper, and a knack for starting fights when others get on his bad side. He maintains a stern visage, and remains calm and cool under stressful situations, where most others would crack, and has an impeccable tactical mind. He enjoys deploying strategies on enemies mid-battle, and more often than not catches them off-guard. He can quickly learn and read people to the point where he can tell them what they are going to say next, before defeating them. It is often said by those that know him that he has never lost a battle.
However, on the inside, JoJo is fierce, and gentle, sparing his opponents, and showing them respect after a battle. He would go out of his way to protect innocents, going so far as to jump in the way of an attack that would harm a bystander, or trying to rescue someone even when his own life was in danger. He doesn't show these feelings in his expressions, because he thinks that anyone that knows him well enough can see these deeper feelings just by looking at him.
Abilities and Equipment:

The Ripple: Jojo is capable of using an energy called the ripple (or Hamon), which is powered by a special breathing technique. The ripple allows Jojo to flow his energy into things using "ripples". Ripples conduct best through liquids and metals, but they can conduct just fine through other materials as well. The effects of ripples in damage are more often than not felt in the form of burns, or shocks, and these ripples are especially harmful to vampires, and creatures weak to sunlight. If Jojo's breathing is stopped, or he loses a lot of blood, using the ripple becomes difficult.

These ripples can accomplish many feats, and among them are:​
  • Charging a soda-bottle with energy and popping the cap with the pressure of the ripple, powerful enough to crush bone.
  • Walking on water
  • Electrocuting a foe using a rope charged with ripple
  • Regenerating minor injuries such as cuts, and numbing pain felt from injuries.
  • Touching a person, and filling them with ripple energy to knock them out.
  • Controlling the shape of flexible or mold-able objects.
Ripple conducting equipment: Jojo has a pair of steel ball clacker toys coated in oil, a scarf, and a legendary sword named Pluck, all of which conduct ripple energy well. Among the most powerful object in his arsenal is a red gem called the Red Stone of Aja. It has a perfect shape with which to refract and magnify hamon energy 1,000,000 times, and produce a lazer as powerful and hot as the sun.

Star Diamond: The World (Holy shit that is a mouthful)

A combination of multiple stands, used by Jojos across the acts, this stand is not only a mouthful, it is a force to be reckoned with. A stand is an embodiment of it's user, and cannot be seen by anyone but stand users. (However, that part may have to be discussed, depending on the powers of other fandoms.)

These are the general stand rules, however, ones that are important to this rp are highlighted Pink.

• A Stand protects its user, like a guardian. The name comes from "standing by" the user, sometimes using their powers without direct orders in order to protect the user, and by extension, themselves.
  • A person can have only one Stand (though their Stand may evolve).
  • A Stand is part of its user, and damage is usually reflected between the two. Usually, if a Stand's leg is cut off, its user will lose their leg as well. Certain aspects of some Stands, such as the armor of Silver Chariot, are immune to this effect. If the Stand is not exactly humanoid, they may reflect damage to their user's body relative to the area of the Stand that was damaged, or are an exception.
  • Stands may only be seen by Stand users; the exception being Stands bound to physical objects.
  • A Stand can only be directly damaged by another Stand.
  • A Stand's energy of power is inversely proportional to their operating range. The further a Stand is from its user, the weaker it becomes – Long-range Stands and/or Stands' long-range abilities are simpler in mechanism.
  • Stands are usually bound to their user's body, but exceptions abound; Wheel of Fortune being bound to a car, and The Fool being bound to sand.
  • When a Stand User dies, their Stand disappears with them.
  • When a Stand is defeated, their user is either knocked unconscious or killed, depending on the level of injury.

The capabilities of this stand are as follows:

Super speed: SDTW is capable of catching a bullet at point blank range once it leaves the barrel of the gun, and can launch thousands of punches a second.
Super strength: SDTW can break diamonds with its hits, and lift up a car filled with people with one hand. (with no visible strain)
Self-Preservation: SDTW is aware of things that may happen to JoJo even if he is not, and will do it's utmost to protect him, even while he is unconscious. It can phase through his body to stop bullets or knives from puncturing major organs, and will act even without orders, or disobey orders from JoJo to save him.
Enhanced eyesight and precision: SDTW can see things in fine detail up to 4km away, and has un-shaking hands, capable of surgically removing foreign objects like bullets from a body with just it's fingers.
Phasing: JoJo or SDTW may choose what SDTW comes into contact with. I.E. reaching through a person's body to punch someone behind them, or pulling a foreign object out of a body without touching the body.
Star Finger: SDTW can stretch it's fingers up to two meters to catch an opponent off-guard and stab them. Of course, with the nature of a stand being unseeable by non-stand users, this point is kind of moot.
Restoration: This power allows STDW to restore objects or organisms back to any prior state in their existence. I.E. tearing down a wall, or cutting off a limb, then restoring it. This power can not heal the stand or it's user, or restore life to a dead organism. This power has infinite range.
Time Stop: SDTW can stop time for 10 seconds across the world, and JoJo can commit any act he wishes within the stopped time. (punching foes, throwing knives, etc.) after the 10 seconds of stopped time are up, JoJo must wait another 10 to activate the power again. Nobody else may act within the stopped time unless they themselves can stop time. (through the use of a stand, or a power of their body.) This power has infinite range.

Home: None.
Quirks:
If a dog, or any dog-like animal is harmed, JoJo will instantly fly into a rage.
If you comment on his hair, Jojo will also instantly fly into a rage.
Comparing the futility of one's (x) to (x) animal shit in (x) location. I.E. "Your words are as useless as rat shit on a sidewalk"
"You thought that it was (x), but it was I, JoJo!"
Flurry of punches: MudaMudaMudaMudaMudaMudaMudaMudaMuda or OraOraOraOraOraOraOraOraOra
Winning, or having just won: WWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
When using time stop: "ZA WARUDO!"
When annoyed: "Yare Yare Daze" Or, "Gimme a fucking break."
When insulted/angered: "What did you just say? Say that again slower. Depending on what you say, I might have to kick your ass!"
When surprised: "OHHMMYYGOOOOOD!" (Bad engrish)
When something terrible happens: "OHHHNOOOOOOOOO!" or "HOLLYYSSSHHITT" (Bad engrish)
"Your next line is (X)"
Using the world just for style, or to make people fear him.
Striking poses at inopportune times.
Wearing fabulous clothing.
Telling that someone is lying just by licking, or smelling them.
Producing many knives out of nowhere to attack with in stopped time. Also Roadrollers.

I'm going to make it clear before I really get deep into this that I'm pretty spacey right now, so I'll most definitely look at it sometime tomorrow to give it a closer look (er, assuming I have time to look at it tomorrow, anyway -- might have to wait till Monday), as my brain definitely isn't working at peak performance right now.

As for my initial thoughts, though,

1) Is the Ripple capable of traveling through air, too?

2) I... really don't think I understand the concept of stands. At all. :/ And I... think that whole section of your CS might have to be re-organized a bit in order for it to be easier to process. I don't have many concrete suggestions for you right now, though.

3) That whole bit about stands only being visible to stand-users is... yeah, we might have to re-think a lot of that stuff. Really, the way the whole thing is kind of written as if other stand users are even a thing to begin with is kind of the problematic part, as there really won't be other stand users around (kind of like what I said to Chillin about Ib's powers -- there's no need to explain how Ib can heal other people's roses if no one else even has roses like that). It's a lot easier to frame these fandom-specific powers as just being a special little thing unique to them as opposed to describing it exactly as it exists in that canon universe, where multiple people would have it. (I'll try to get into specifics later -- but hopefully the gist of what I'm saying makes sense for now.)

4) In general, that is a huge list of really overpowered abilities. @_@ Normally I'm fine with fandoms having some pretty intense abilities, but everything on the list is just so specific and easily-abusable, so... yeah. I'll have to think on this more. The time-stopping one, though, I think I'll have to say no to outright just because timey-whimey stuff doesn't mesh with RP mechanics very well.

5) You're going to need to list something in the home field, even if it's just explaining how or why he doesn't have a permanent home. But, like, where does he sleep at night? Where does he keep all his things? These are important questions.

ALSO (although this is just personal curiosity as opposed to anything you would need to include in your CS), are all the stands named after tarot cards? It seemed to be a theme out of the ones you mentioned.

ALSO (although this is just personal curiosity as opposed to anything you would need to include in your CS), are all the stands named after tarot cards? It seemed to be a theme out of the ones you mentioned.
Gonna reply to your other message soon, but I'll touch on this one first.

In act 3, all stands are named after tarot cards and egyptian gods (horus, anubis, etc) In all other acts though, they are named after bands, songs, and albums. I.E. Crazy Diamond, King Crimson, Gold Experience, etc.

Gonna reply to your other message soon, but I'll touch on this one first.

In act 3, all stands are named after tarot cards and egyptian gods (horus, anubis, etc) In all other acts though, they are named after bands, songs, and albums. I.E. Crazy Diamond, King Crimson, Gold Experience, etc.
Ah... interesting.

HAAAAAH THERE ARE STANDS NAMED WHITE ALBUM AND TICKET TO RIDE.

I AM AMUSED.

Looking up stands, huh? xD

Looking up stands, huh? xD
I got curious.

...I'm still not sure I understand how the overall concept works, though, but, I'll worry about that another day.

Time to look up who this Rubber Soul dude is.

This is the wiki page for it.
Stand

This is what a stand looks like in action:

This is the wiki page for it.
Stand
The fact that you copy/pasted a good chunk of this kind of explains a lot.

This is what a stand looks like in action:

I mean, ok, but, I'm not sure that helps me understand what it actually is...?

Like, most of them seem to take on the form of some humanoid... thing that comes out and does stuff, but, based on my (admittedly very brief) poking around in the wiki, it would appear that not all of them do that.

And like, if they're not "activated", for lack of a better term, then... what are they? Do they have any physical form at all, or are they more of a spirit-based thing?

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around what I'm supposed to think of it as. @_@

The fact that you copy/pasted a good chunk of this kind of explains a lot.

I mean, ok, but, I'm not sure that helps me understand what it actually is...?

Like, most of them seem to take on the form of some humanoid... thing that comes out and does stuff, but, based on my (admittedly very brief) poking around in the wiki, it would appear that not all of them do that.

And like, if they're not "activated", for lack of a better term, then... what are they? Do they have any physical form at all, or are they more of a spirit-based thing?

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around what I'm supposed to think of it as. @_@
They don't have a body. They are a sort of "spirit" that comes from the user. The only thing that can harm a stand is another stand. It's like a physical manifestation of your fighting spirit, if you will.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
They don't have a body. They are a sort of "spirit" that comes from the user. The only thing that can harm a stand is another stand. It's like a physical manifestation of your fighting spirit, if you will.
Oh, ok. That's a much better way of explaining it.

Oh, ok. That's a much better way of explaining it.
Yeah, it really is a hard concept to wrap your head around. The fans were upset when Ripple was replaced by stands.

Yeah, it really is a hard concept to wrap your head around. The fans were upset when Ripple was replaced by stands.
I mean, explaining it as an extension of one's fighting spirit made enough sense to me.

I understand that it can be hard to explain concepts from a certain canon to people unfamiliar with it. @_@

I mean, explaining it as an extension of one's fighting spirit made enough sense to me.

I understand that it can be hard to explain concepts from a certain canon to people unfamiliar with it. @_@
Yeah, I'm doing my best in my big reply to you.

You want something hard to explain? Look up the stand King Crimson. xD

Rubber Soul's intro mimics a scene from his initial appearance, during which he eats several beetles and grows in size,
tumblr_npyfnrsOCG1rq2h7ao6_r1_400.gif

AHAHAHAHAHAH, WHAT A MOST CLEVER AND UNEXPECTED PLAY ON WORDS.

TRULY THIS GAME IS THE MASTER OF COMEDY.

Bonus reaction image[spoili]
tumblr_npyfnrsOCG1rq2h7ao4_r1_400.gif
[/spoili]

tumblr_npyfnrsOCG1rq2h7ao6_r1_400.gif

AHAHAHAHAHAH, WHAT A MOST CLEVER AND UNEXPECTED PLAY ON WORDS.

TRULY THIS GAME IS THE MASTER OF COMEDY.

Bonus reaction image[spoili]
tumblr_npyfnrsOCG1rq2h7ao4_r1_400.gif
[/spoili]
It's a manga xD It just happens to have an anime and some games as well. But that's hilarious.

It's a manga xD It just happens to have an anime and some games as well. But that's hilarious.
Yes, but the part of the Wiki that I quoted was referring specifically to a game of some sort. :P

Yes, but the part of the Wiki that I quoted was referring specifically to a game of some sort. :P
Oh, do you mean All-Star battle, or Eyes of Heaven?