• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ah, doesn't matter anyway, did you look up King Crimson?
Uhhh having looked it up just now, I'm not entirely sure what's supposed to be so difficult to grasp about it.

Like, yeah, I get that it's timey-whimey, but like... timey-whimey stuff, even when it doesn't make a ton of sense, isn't all too difficult to explain, I don't think... cuz that sort of thing's usually pretty easy to accept at face value if you just don't question it too hard.

And is therefore something entirely different from me attempting to read your CS and having seriously no idea how to conceptualize stands at all because I had no frame of reference for what to think of them as at all.

Uhhh having looked it up just now, I'm not entirely sure what's supposed to be so difficult to grasp about it.

Like, yeah, I get that it's timey-whimey, but like... timey-whimey stuff, even when it doesn't make a ton of sense, isn't all too difficult to explain, I don't think... cuz that sort of thing's usually pretty easy to accept at face value if you just don't question it too hard.

And is therefore something entirely different from me attempting to read your CS and having seriously no idea how to conceptualize stands at all because I had no frame of reference for what to think of them as at all.
Blaaahh, I wasn't sending you to king crimson because his power is hard to explain, it was a joke. When people try to explain king crimson, sometimes they say "it just works." That's sort of the way a stand would be explained to someone not in the know, imo.

Blaaahh, I wasn't sending you to king crimson because his power is hard to explain, it was a joke. When people try to explain king crimson, sometimes they say "it just works." That's sort of the way a stand would be explained to someone not in the know, imo.
...Oh.

......Listen, subtlety is lost on me this late at night.

Maybe you should get some sleep?
I'm not even all that tired, though. I just feel kinda... slow after my meds have worn off. (Though I will admit, it feels particularly bad tonight...)

Also... I want to finish this episode of What The Fuck Is Wrong With You before I go to bed.

I'm not even all that tired, though. I just feel kinda... slow after my meds have worn off. (Though I will admit, it feels particularly bad tonight...)

Also... I want to finish this episode of What The Fuck Is Wrong With You before I go to bed.
Alrighty then, Kaga. Sorry to hear that! Get better, okay?

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
Alrighty then, Kaga. Sorry to hear that! Get better, okay?
Yeah, it's fine, don't worry about it. I just have particularly off days/nights sometimes. I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning.

Yeah, it's fine, don't worry about it. I just have particularly off days/nights sometimes. I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning.
Alright then. Don't wear yourself thin!

I'll save posting my big reply for tomorrow, alright? xD

Fish Sticks and Custard might help.

Alright then. Don't wear yourself thin!

I'll save posting my big reply for tomorrow, alright? xD

o.o Nah, I'd... Actually prefer if you just posted it whenever you were finished, so it would be there for me to take a look at tomorrow whenever I'm ready.

o.o Nah, I'd... Actually prefer if you just posted it whenever you were finished, so it would be there for me to take a look at tomorrow whenever I'm ready.
Gacha. Don't stress yourself out with it tonight though, okay?

I'm going to make it clear before I really get deep into this that I'm pretty spacey right now, so I'll most definitely look at it sometime tomorrow to give it a closer look (er, assuming I have time to look at it tomorrow, anyway -- might have to wait till Monday), as my brain definitely isn't working at peak performance right now.

As for my initial thoughts, though,

1) Is the Ripple capable of traveling through air, too?

2) I... really don't think I understand the concept of stands. At all. :/ And I... think that whole section of your CS might have to be re-organized a bit in order for it to be easier to process. I don't have many concrete suggestions for you right now, though.

3) That whole bit about stands only being visible to stand-users is... yeah, we might have to re-think a lot of that stuff. Really, the way the whole thing is kind of written as if other stand users are even a thing to begin with is kind of the problematic part, as there really won't be other stand users around (kind of like what I said to Chillin about Ib's powers -- there's no need to explain how Ib can heal other people's roses if no one else even has roses like that). It's a lot easier to frame these fandom-specific powers as just being a special little thing unique to them as opposed to describing it exactly as it exists in that canon universe, where multiple people would have it. (I'll try to get into specifics later -- but hopefully the gist of what I'm saying makes sense for now.)

4) In general, that is a huge list of really overpowered abilities. @_@ Normally I'm fine with fandoms having some pretty intense abilities, but everything on the list is just so specific and easily-abusable, so... yeah. I'll have to think on this more. The time-stopping one, though, I think I'll have to say no to outright just because timey-whimey stuff doesn't mesh with RP mechanics very well.

5) You're going to need to list something in the home field, even if it's just explaining how or why he doesn't have a permanent home. But, like, where does he sleep at night? Where does he keep all his things? These are important questions.
1) No, the ripple can only travel through physical contact, from what I can tell. There was a ripple user who used bubbles, though, but... No, you can't just shoot a lightning bold or whatever.

2/3) That is literally all the information on stands I have at the moment, other than attributes of them. xD Apparently they were formed by a meteor crashing to earth, and the shards gave people "psychic powers". (though whether it can actually be called psychic is debatable.) The "psychic powers" allowed people to have a part of themselves formed as a stand that would be controlled by their willpower.

Araki had trouble explaining stands to his fans as well, but, just think of it as a being you can summon from inside yourself to fight for you.
(In this video, Jotaro, the man on the left, uses his stand, Star Platinum to stop time and attack the man on the right, DIO.)
This whole thing about my JoJo's stand being able to be corrected is easily fixable, though. I can have it so everybody can see the stand in action, because all fandoms aren't normal people, and it wouldn't be fair to be attacked by something completely invisible. However, I don't want to have just anyone be able to hurt the stand, either. That's where I'd have to draw the line. We could talk about specific kinds of attacks or whatever damaging it, though. (attacks that don't use conventional weapons or something, or are magical, or something to that effect)

4) Pardon me on that, but, I didn't plan to bust out the stand on just anyone. The use of the stand will probably be on things that would overwhelm JoJo otherwise. xD However, I also can't just remove those powers, because those ARE the powers of the stands of two JoJos. (You'd shit your pants if I added any more, trust me. Read: Gold Experience Requiem , Stone Free , Tusk and Soft and Wet (especially gold experience))

Phasing is a power that all stands have. All of them can pass through objects like that, I believe, so I explained it as a power. The strength and speed are normal for those two stands, and Self-preservation is something most stands have as well.

Restoration is like this. Say a piece of paper was ripped in half. One half blows miles away, and JoJo finds the other half. He uses the restoration power to re-form the paper, so the piece on the ground gets pulled to the piece that was blown away so they can reform. Same with breaking a wall or something. JoJo can not heal himself with these powers, or bring life to anything dead. He can heal others, though, as long as they aren't killed. He can't re-form something miles away at will. He has the two-meter limit to start with.

The time stop is just that. A time stop. I don't think it's too overpowered, because it balances out well by having it's limits. Time can only be stopped for 10 seconds (in the stopped time). If he wishes to use it again, he has to wait a full 10 for it to recharge again. But if you think it's too OP, and that is the problem, I can reduce it further to the power Jotaro had in act 3, and say he only has 5 seconds, with 9 seconds recharge.

However, I don't really know how the mechanics themselves don't lend to an rp. It's not too complicated. I'd say rewinding time, or switching timelines, or jumping to the future is more crazy than that. (and yes, those powers are all powers of other stands. Gold Experience Requiem, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, and Made in Heaven) A simple pause doesn't clash with the mechanics of an rp, unlike those. It would be about the same as if a character was so fast they could take just as many actions as if time had stopped. The only difference is that this has limits.

At any rate, if the final answer is no, and it's non negotiable, then I'll take that as the final answer on the time stop.

5) He just doesn't. The manga is all about him wandering around various places having adventures, and he doesn't have anything he couldn't just carry, either. He could sleep outside, or in a motel or something. I'll fix that up, though. No big deal.​

1) No, the ripple can only travel through physical contact, from what I can tell. There was a ripple user who used bubbles, though, but... No, you can't just shoot a lightning bold or whatever.
Alright then.

2/3) That is literally all the information on stands I have at the moment, other than attributes of them. xD Apparently they were formed by a meteor crashing to earth, and the shards gave people "psychic powers". (though whether it can actually be called psychic is debatable.) The "psychic powers" allowed people to have a part of themselves formed as a stand that would be controlled by their willpower.

Araki had trouble explaining stands to his fans as well, but, just think of it as a being you can summon from inside yourself to fight for you.
Yeah, describing it as that works well enough for me.

I think the fact that you copy/pasted a lot of info from the Wikia is probably part of the problem, here. Just put it in your own words. It simplifies things a lot and makes it easier for other people to understand, especially since it's easier to frame it as something unique to JoJo as opposed to something that lots of people have.

This whole thing about my JoJo's stand being able to be corrected is easily fixable, though. I can have it so everybody can see the stand in action, because all fandoms aren't normal people, and it wouldn't be fair to be attacked by something completely invisible.
That makes sense.

However, I don't want to have just anyone be able to hurt the stand, either. That's where I'd have to draw the line. We could talk about specific kinds of attacks or whatever damaging it, though. (attacks that don't use conventional weapons or something, or are magical, or something to that effect)
Yeah, we'll come back to this later.

This next part is something that bothers me more for the principle of it than the specific powers addressed:
4) Pardon me on that, but, I didn't plan to bust out the stand on just anyone. The use of the stand will probably be on things that would overwhelm JoJo otherwise. xD However, I also can't just remove those powers, because those ARE the powers of the stands of two JoJos.
There is no reason why anything you incorporate from the canon has to be 100% the same. Lots of things are slightly off from how they would normally operate. Hell, even when a fandom is primarily based off of a single character, they tend not to have all of their powers... So I don't see why you can't take one stand and edit it down a bit.

In fact, now that I think about it... pretty much all of your fandoms seem to be sticking very close to whatever character(s) they were based on, in terms of both personality and abilities. And, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but... it's ok for you to leave out certain powers that they may have. You don't have to keep everything exactly the same.

And, in some cases, it might actually be better to leave certain things out... >>

The time stop is just that. A time stop. I don't think it's too overpowered, because it balances out well by having it's limits. Time can only be stopped for 10 seconds (in the stopped time). If he wishes to use it again, he has to wait a full 10 for it to recharge again. But if you think it's too OP, and that is the problem, I can reduce it further to the power Jotaro had in act 3, and say he only has 5 seconds, with 9 seconds recharge.
I'm not concerned about it being OP, I'm concerned about it not working well in an RP context. Think really hard for a moment about how exactly you would write out a post using the time stop. If you're replying to other posts, then you have to at least reference reactions to things that other characters did (and, as you may have noticed, the exact order of events tends to get a bit muddled up when replying to multiple characters). So this means that, when you piece together everything that you're replying to in the order that you want your character to address it -- does that mean you'd just be picking a specific spot in all of that to stop time? Because I feel like that specific spot won't exactly stay super-consistent and it would be easy to get confused over when exactly time stops were happening and when and where everything else was frozen at that exact point in time, and... yeah. It's just not easy to do in an RP, especially since the timing for all of it is just so minute. It's hard to measure out anything that has that kind of precise timing when time is just so loose and hard to define in an RP context to begin with. @_@

5) He just doesn't. The manga is all about him wandering around various places having adventures, and he doesn't have anything he couldn't just carry, either. He could sleep outside, or in a motel or something. I'll fix that up, though. No big deal.
This kinda fits in to what I said before about sticking super close to a single character (or small set of characters). Isn't there some iconic location in the series that you could play around with? I think there's room for something...

Yeah, describing it as that works well enough for me.
I think the fact that you copy/pasted a lot of info from the Wikia is probably part of the problem, here. Just put it in your own words. It simplifies things a lot and makes it easier for other people to understand, especially since it's easier to frame it as something unique to JoJo as opposed to something that lots of people have.

Fine by me, I'll fix it up that way then.

There is no reason why anything you incorporate from the canon has to be 100% the same. Lots of things are slightly off from how they would normally operate. Hell, even when a fandom is primarily based off of a single character, they tend not to have all of their powers... So I don't see why you can't take one stand and edit it down a bit.

In fact, now that I think about it... pretty much all of your fandoms seem to be sticking very close to whatever character(s) they were based on, in terms of both personality and abilities. And, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but... it's ok for you to leave out certain powers that they may have. You don't have to keep everything exactly the same.

And, in some cases, it might actually be better to leave certain things out... >>
So what do you mean by edit it down, and don't stay too close to the source material? Seems like you're sort of tiptoeing around telling me to just not have a stand at all, or water it down to the point where it isn't that spectacular anymore. A stand is something that all JoJos have had past part 2. The majority of the manga focuses heavily on stand powers, and what is done with them. All of them have unique powers like that, and heightened speed and strength. It's the core aspect of a stand. It sounds like you want this:

Star Platinum

Star platinum is JoJo's stand from part 3. A stand is like a spirit that rises out of it's owner to fight for them. Normally, they can't be seen by non-stand users, but since there are no other stand users, Star Platinum can be seen by just about everybody. And normally a stand can't be hurt by just anybody either, but since there are no other stands, It can be hurt by anything too.

The stand is linked to JoJo, and any damage it takes, he takes as well. It does it's best to shield JoJo from attacks that he isn't even aware of, stopping incoming hits even when he's unconscious. It's relatively strong, capable of lifting up a car, and very fast, able to belt out a rapid flurry of punches in seconds. It has a range limit of 7 feet.

I'm not concerned about it being OP, I'm concerned about it not working well in an RP context. Think really hard for a moment about how exactly you would write out a post using the time stop. If you're replying to other posts, then you have to at least reference reactions to things that other characters did (and, as you may have noticed, the exact order of events tends to get a bit muddled up when replying to multiple characters). So this means that, when you piece together everything that you're replying to in the order that you want your character to address it -- does that mean you'd just be picking a specific spot in all of that to stop time? Because I feel like that specific spot won't exactly stay super-consistent and it would be easy to get confused over when exactly time stops were happening and when and where everything else was frozen at that exact point in time, and... yeah. It's just not easy to do in an RP, especially since the timing for all of it is just so minute. It's hard to measure out anything that has that kind of precise timing when time is just so loose and hard to define in an RP context to begin with. @_@

Hmm, well, that makes sense. Messing around with multiple characters with it is kind of troublesome, and there was a version of star platinum that didn't even have time stop, so I could use that.

This kinda fits in to what I said before about sticking super close to a single character (or small set of characters). Isn't there some iconic location in the series that you could play around with? I think there's room for something...
You seem to be waffling between telling me that I'm focusing on one character too hard, and telling me that I'm using the aspects of too many.

None of the JoJos have a permanent dwelling that they spend time at at night, or go home to. There are places where they stay at for a considerable amount of time, but nothing that could be considered a home, or the like from what I've read. The majority of their adventures are spent elsewhere. The closest thing that comes to mind is Jonathan Joestar's mansion, but it gets burned down, and the rest of the manga is spent elsewhere, or the ripple-training island in part 2, which Joseph spends a month in to train his ripple. But then again, he goes to mexico, Switzerland, and other places in Italy as well.

So what do you mean by edit it down, and don't stay too close to the source material? Seems like you're sort of tiptoeing around telling me to just not have a stand at all, or water it down to the point where it isn't that spectacular anymore. A stand is something that all JoJos have had past part 2. The majority of the manga focuses heavily on stand powers, and what is done with them. All of them have unique powers like that, and heightened speed and strength. It's the core aspect of a stand.
I'm not trying to say that sticking close to the source material is necessarily a bad thing. Like I said, I only just noticed that it's a common theme with all your characters -- and there weren't any problems with the others. Sticking so closely to the canon is not, in and of itself, a problem.

My problem is the fact that you're using the canon as reasoning for not editing out certain things, which... isn't necessary. It's totally alright for an ability, item, or anything of the sort from the canon of something to be slightly tweaked or watered down in the fandom's version of it. It's just the same as fandom Sherlock being not as smart as the canon Sherlock, or fandom Steven Universe not having all the same abilities as canon Steven Universe. In fact, canon Steven is half-gem and half-human, but I made fandom Steven fully gem -- and yet, her powers still mostly line up with canon Steven's, despite the fact that canon Steven's powers are only as weak as they are because he's half-gem as opposed to being fully gem. If I was playing 100% by the canon's rules for gems, then fandom Steven should be a lot stronger than she currently is. In fact, in-canon, gems of the same type all look very similar in appearance. I gave fandom Steven the physical traits of a lot of different characters, but specifically gave her canon Steven's gem, and his gem is a Rose Quartz gem (which he got from his mother). The only reason that canon Steven doesn't look exactly the same as any other Rose Quartz is because he's half-human. But since fandom Steven is fully gem, she should, by the canon's rules, look pretty much the same as canon Rose Quartz. But I don't need to make her look just like Rose Quartz, because I don't need to play 100% by the canon's rules.

And that's moreso what I'm trying to get at. I'm not saying it's bad that you're sticking closely to the canon, I'm just saying it doesn't really work as a justification for not being able to remove certain specific powers. There's no reason why you can't take a stand from the canon and tweak/remove a few things, while still calling it by the same name as the canon stand. So, my issue moreso lies in this mentality you seem to have that each stand has to have its full set of powers, or else it can't be used at all -- which really isn't the case. For example,
Hmm, well, that makes sense. Messing around with multiple characters with it is kind of troublesome, and there was a version of star platinum that didn't even have time stop, so I could use that.
While I suppose it is convenient that you have another version of it to fall back on in order to still keep everything super close to the canon, my point is that you don't need to search for justifications like that. You could've just as easily kept the exact same stand as you started with -- just without the time stopping power.

This is especially true due to the fact that the abilities and things that you take from the canon don't always make a ton of sense outside the canon, and so, you might have to incorporate them a different way so that they actually make sense in the grand scheme of the RP overall. For example, when I made Undertale, I really couldn't get into the specifics of monster souls vs human souls (even though that is an extremely important aspect of how the world of Undertale's canon even works), because when answering the question of whether Undertale fandom is human or monster, xe's, uh... both? Neither? It's hard to really categorize xir at this point. I was able to base a lot of physical traits off of a combination of the human player character and several monster characters, and I based a lot of xir abiliites off of the way the human soul operates in battle as well as various monster attacks, but, I really couldn't frame all of this information the same way the canon does, because a lot of these things from Undertale's canon just don't make much of any sense when removed from the game's context. So, I had to tweak some things and play around with stuff -- still making clear parallels to the game, but not needing to treat the game canon as gospel that I couldn't possibly tweak any detail of.

Does... does all this make sense? Please, say something if you're still confused.

The point I'm trying to make is: I'm not saying that sticking close to the canon is a bad thing. I'm just saying that you don't have to act as if you need to stick close to the canon in order to incorporate a certain thing from it. So, if there's a power I take issue with, it is more than ok for you to remove that one specific power, and still basically treat it as the exact same stand from the canon that you based it off of.

Star platinum is JoJo's stand from part 3. A stand is like a spirit that rises out of it's owner to fight for them. Normally, they can't be seen by non-stand users, but since there are no other stand users, Star Platinum can be seen by just about everybody. And normally a stand can't be hurt by just anybody either, but since there are no other stands, It can be hurt by anything too.
I'm not sure if your wording here is supposed to come off as passive-aggressive or not...

If you're trying to be serious, though, then, yeah, this works, although the wording is a teensy bit redundant. But, that's not a huge issue, so, yeah, moving on...

The stand is linked to JoJo, and any damage it takes, he takes as well. It does it's best to shield JoJo from attacks that he isn't even aware of, stopping incoming hits even when he's unconscious. It's relatively strong, capable of lifting up a car, and very fast, able to belt out a rapid flurry of punches in seconds. It has a range limit of 7 feet.
Yeah, watering down the stand's powers like this is totally doable and you can water it down this far if you wanted to. Although, honestly, I probably would've let you keep a lot more powers than that. o.o But, um, yeah, this is pretty much what I was looking for in terms of A) putting things into your own words (because that makes it much easier to frame things in a way that makes sense in the canon...) and B) tweaking the powers from the canon, which is a totally ok thing to do.

Like I said, you don't have to water it down that far. Additionally, you can keep the same combo stand you had in your original CS as opposed to going down to just one (if I'm understanding this example correctly...), I just might want you to water it down a little and take out certain powers.

But yeah, the way you've explained these powers here is pretty much what I was trying to get at.

None of the JoJos have a permanent dwelling that they spend time at at night, or go home to. There are places where they stay at for a considerable amount of time, but nothing that could be considered a home, or the like from what I've read. The majority of their adventures are spent elsewhere. The closest thing that comes to mind is Jonathan Joestar's mansion, but it gets burned down, and the rest of the manga is spent elsewhere, or the ripple-training island in part 2, which Joseph spends a month in to train his ripple. But then again, he goes to mexico, Switzerland, and other places in Italy as well.
Ok, well, if there isn't any iconic home from the canon, isn't there at least some kind of iconic location that could be tweaked to serve as a home?

That's moreso what I was getting at. You don't have to have a home that matches a canon home completely -- you can just pick some sort of iconic location from the series (or several, even, if you want to combine things) and play around with that in order to create a home that isn't exactly the same as any home from the canon and perhaps not even close to any -- but at least still carries a sort of JoJo vibe overall and still references certain things.

BUT, I MEAN, if you really just want him to be a wanderer, then, I mean, that's fine too, I guess. I did let Gwazi do that with Star Wars, so, I guess it would only be fair. At least attempting to verbally explain that would be nice, though -- I prefer that fields aren't left completely blank...

ALSO, you know, I just kind of wanted you to perhaps reconsider in light of the fact that you don't need to match the canon quite so closely -- since, you know, leaving a fandom completely without a home, just... doesn't make a ton of sense to me, practically speaking? But, fine, if you're certain about it, then, I guess it could work.

Taking a closer look at your original CS like I said I would:

A person can have only one Stand (though their Stand may evolve).

While there isn't exactly anything wrong with this statement or anything that I can't allow, it's still kind of redundant given the fact that only JoJo has a stand, anyway — so, this might as well be removed, since it doesn't serve a ton of purpose in being here. :P

Stands are usually bound to their user's body, but exceptions abound; Wheel of Fortune being bound to a car, and The Fool being bound to sand.
When a Stand User dies, their Stand disappears with them.

These two (especially the first one) also sound kind of redundant, not really being super important since it's not like anyone needs to know about how stands work beyond how JoJo's specifically works (although, in that case, I guess it makes sense to include the part about being bound to its user's body, just not the caveat that follows).

Restoration: This power allows STDW to restore objects or organisms back to any prior state in their existence. I.E. tearing down a wall, or cutting off a limb, then restoring it. This power can not heal the stand or it's user, or restore life to a dead organism. This power has infinite range.

This power I'm mostly fine with, except for the infinite range part…

Really, in the case of most of these powers, they're just so… I dunno. It's hard to pin down anything specific that I can't allow, but most of them are just so thoroughly written as if the whole thing is supposed to be pretty much impossible to beat.

But… maybe I'm being unreasonably strict, here. I did say that having pretty intense powers is fine so long as you aren't godmoddy about it, so… I guess there's nothing wrong with the rest of these so long as you still use all of these powers responsibly.

But, I stand by what I said about the "infinite range" thing. In fact, avoiding infinite of anything is probably a pretty good way to go. Most of the rest of these, although they describe some pretty insane powers, don't exactly claim that anything is infinite, so… yeah, I can accept those.

And, yes, I stand by what I said about the time stop power. Which I suppose would technically negate that very last quirk listed, too.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, now I can't help but picture JoJo and Undertale getting into some insane battle, throwing their most overpowered nonsense at each other — until suddenly a dog shows up out of nowhere between them and they both just immediately stop fighting and make sure the dog didn't get hurt by any stray attacks. XD

...Why is it so hard to write >_<

Dear lord that's a lot to quote... ^^;

Sorry not to get to you sooner, I've had some family issues come up recently. Nothing that will affect me being present here though, so don't worry over it.

I'm not trying to say that sticking close to the source material is necessarily a bad thing. Like I said, I only just noticed that it's a common theme with all your characters -- and there weren't any problems with the others. Sticking so closely to the canon is not, in and of itself, a problem.

My problem is the fact that you're using the canon as reasoning for not editing out certain things, which... isn't necessary. It's totally alright for an ability, item, or anything of the sort from the canon of something to be slightly tweaked or watered down in the fandom's version of it. It's just the same as fandom Sherlock being not as smart as the canon Sherlock, or fandom Steven Universe not having all the same abilities as canon Steven Universe. In fact, canon Steven is half-gem and half-human, but I made fandom Steven fully gem -- and yet, her powers still mostly line up with canon Steven's, despite the fact that canon Steven's powers are only as weak as they are because he's half-gem as opposed to being fully gem. If I was playing 100% by the canon's rules for gems, then fandom Steven should be a lot stronger than she currently is. In fact, in-canon, gems of the same type all look very similar in appearance. I gave fandom Steven the physical traits of a lot of different characters, but specifically gave her canon Steven's gem, and his gem is a Rose Quartz gem (which he got from his mother). The only reason that canon Steven doesn't look exactly the same as any other Rose Quartz is because he's half-human. But since fandom Steven is fully gem, she should, by the canon's rules, look pretty much the same as canon Rose Quartz. But I don't need to make her look just like Rose Quartz, because I don't need to play 100% by the canon's rules.

And that's moreso what I'm trying to get at. I'm not saying it's bad that you're sticking closely to the canon, I'm just saying it doesn't really work as a justification for not being able to remove certain specific powers. There's no reason why you can't take a stand from the canon and tweak/remove a few things, while still calling it by the same name as the canon stand. So, my issue moreso lies in this mentality you seem to have that each stand has to have its full set of powers, or else it can't be used at all -- which really isn't the case. For example,

While I suppose it is convenient that you have another version of it to fall back on in order to still keep everything super close to the canon, my point is that you don't need to search for justifications like that. You could've just as easily kept the exact same stand as you started with -- just without the time stopping power.

This is especially true due to the fact that the abilities and things that you take from the canon don't always make a ton of sense outside the canon, and so, you might have to incorporate them a different way so that they actually make sense in the grand scheme of the RP overall. For example, when I made Undertale, I really couldn't get into the specifics of monster souls vs human souls (even though that is an extremely important aspect of how the world of Undertale's canon even works), because when answering the question of whether Undertale fandom is human or monster, xe's, uh... both? Neither? It's hard to really categorize xir at this point. I was able to base a lot of physical traits off of a combination of the human player character and several monster characters, and I based a lot of xir abiliites off of the way the human soul operates in battle as well as various monster attacks, but, I really couldn't frame all of this information the same way the canon does, because a lot of these things from Undertale's canon just don't make much of any sense when removed from the game's context. So, I had to tweak some things and play around with stuff -- still making clear parallels to the game, but not needing to treat the game canon as gospel that I couldn't possibly tweak any detail of.

Does... does all this make sense? Please, say something if you're still confused.

The point I'm trying to make is: I'm not saying that sticking close to the canon is a bad thing. I'm just saying that you don't have to act as if you need to stick close to the canon in order to incorporate a certain thing from it. So, if there's a power I take issue with, it is more than ok for you to remove that one specific power, and still basically treat it as the exact same stand from the canon that you based it off of.
I didn't need to tweak anything too badly about my previous fandoms before, because they were all justifiable, or made sense in some way. (At least, all the fandoms I have currently active.) The only hangup here is that other fandoms don't have stands, and that it's hard to comprehend what a stand is. Correct? Well, aside from the powers.

This is a lot to take in all at once. I'm having a hard time coming up with a response.

I'm not sure if your wording here is supposed to come off as passive-aggressive or not...

If you're trying to be serious, though, then, yeah, this works, although the wording is a teensy bit redundant. But, that's not a huge issue, so, yeah, moving on...

To be perfectly honest, I was in a bad mood at the time for non-rp reasons, and I was getting frustrated with all of that. So, yeah, I was passive aggressive. Sorry about it. vv

Yeah, watering down the stand's powers like this is totally doable and you can water it down this far if you wanted to. Although, honestly, I probably would've let you keep a lot more powers than that. o.o But, um, yeah, this is pretty much what I was looking for in terms of A) putting things into your own words (because that makes it much easier to frame things in a way that makes sense in the canon...) and B) tweaking the powers from the canon, which is a totally ok thing to do.

Like I said, you don't have to water it down that far. Additionally, you can keep the same combo stand you had in your original CS as opposed to going down to just one (if I'm understanding this example correctly...), I just might want you to water it down a little and take out certain powers.

But yeah, the way you've explained these powers here is pretty much what I was trying to get at.

I actually did put things into my own words in the power section. xD I heavily edited and cut down descriptions, and simplified them. Restoration alone had a good 2 paragraph explanation. (on the wiki) No, I didn't plan on watering it down that far. If I'd had my rathers, the only thing that would change would be the timestop, because the rest seems fine.
Ok, well, if there isn't any iconic home from the canon, isn't there at least some kind of iconic location that could be tweaked to serve as a home?

That's moreso what I was getting at. You don't have to have a home that matches a canon home completely -- you can just pick some sort of iconic location from the series (or several, even, if you want to combine things) and play around with that in order to create a home that isn't exactly the same as any home from the canon and perhaps not even close to any -- but at least still carries a sort of JoJo vibe overall and still references certain things.

BUT, I MEAN, if you really just want him to be a wanderer, then, I mean, that's fine too, I guess. I did let Gwazi do that with Star Wars, so, I guess it would only be fair. At least attempting to verbally explain that would be nice, though -- I prefer that fields aren't left completely blank...

ALSO, you know, I just kind of wanted you to perhaps reconsider in light of the fact that you don't need to match the canon quite so closely -- since, you know, leaving a fandom completely without a home, just... doesn't make a ton of sense to me, practically speaking? But, fine, if you're certain about it, then, I guess it could work.

Then fine. I'll go ahead and make a home as well. Shouldn't be too difficult if it's just an iconic area or whatever.

Not gonna quote your second post xD

1) About the stand rules section: I'm just going to delete it. There's no sense in having it there.

2) I think I said this before, but the limit to the start of restoration is the 2 meter range limit of the stand. To restore the object in question, the power does not create new material, it only pulls it back together and restores it to a condition in it's history. So for the power to work properly, it has to pull the pieces back together, from whatever range they are.

Other than that, I'll find a way to reduce my stand's powers. I would still like it to be invincible, but not intangible. People can touch it and see it, but not harm it. That way I don't have to get into the stand being harmed harming the user, and it will serve it's main purpose.

And it's going to be called Star Diamond now because The World comes from it's ability to stop time.

I imagine JoJo is going to get into a lot of ridiculous fights, or, I at least hope so.