>finally posts the Fandomstuck expansion pack, filled with info that was long overdue
>sees that the LARP GM has finally posted a similar info dump, filled with info that most members also agreed was overdue and that I for one was feeling completely lost without

:D Karma is real you guys and it feels wonderful.

To be fair, technically you've said that "The Edge is also immune to any fandom's magic, and it is impossible to teleport beyond the Edge". This doesn't answer the question of what happens if someone tries it anyway; staying with the teleportation thing, will the teleport attempt simply fizzle, will it put them as close to the Edge as they could've walked to on their own two feet (likely only to launch them in the opposite direction immediately afterwards). The same goes with different kinds of magic; something has to happen to the fireball (for example) you just shot at it, whether it be passing through as if nothing happened to it, fizzling out, bursting open or bouncing back into your face.
Yes, you bring up a good point, and I was thinking a lot about this last night, actually.

As for teleportation: I'd say that, similarly, teleportation becomes increasingly difficult the farther you go out. Whatever power you rely on for teleportation (be it a piece of technology or some sort of magic) would become increasingly strained and uncooperative the farther you try to go. To use the TARDIS as an example, the Doctor would probably barely be able to get it to land if he tried going close to the Edge. And the farther out he tried to land, the more difficult such a landing would be until it would be deemed essentially impossible. And if it's something that's normally effortless (be it magic or technology-based) then, well, it wouldn't be effortless in this case.

As for projectiles: They'd either be sent back at you or just wouldn't travel as far as they normally would, depending on how close you are to the Edge and how hard you threw said projectile in the first place. For example, if you were close enough that you could feel the force coming from the Edge but not too badly, and tried throwing a rock at it, then the rock probably wouldn't be sent backwards -- it just wouldn't travel the same distance it normally would, and its horizontal movement would sort of slow to a stop as the Edge's force continued to act on it. If you were so far out that it's already impossible for you to move an inch forward, and then tried throwing a rock at it -- well, first of all, you probably wouldn't be able to throw it at all as much as you'd sort of just release your grip on it -- at which point, it would be sent flying behind you. Wow, that AP physics class I took in high school is really starting to pay off.

When I said it was "immune to magic", I was moreso referring to teleportation abilities. But, if we're talking about magical projectiles (the sorts of things that ordinarily wouldn't be subject to physics), then... I guess it still depends on how far out you are. Going back to the rock example, an energy-based attack (like a fireball) would probably fizzle out and fall apart no matter where you threw it from, but whether it just sort of stops or is sent backwards for a short distance would depend on how far out you are.

Hopefully that makes sense.

ALSO, I just realized that I somehow forgot to include the alternative name for Jake's Island. Not sure how that happened. Oh well -- fixed it!

Edit: Also, was my description about the flying thing useful to you at all? My attempts at creating a visual representation didn't work out as well as I'd hoped, so I want to know if the verbal description made enough sense for you.

Last edited:
ALSO,

Funny story as to why Jake's Island is even on this list:

For the longest time, I had imagined what it would be like for some of our fandoms to deal with all the dangerous wildlife on the island -- with the dragon striking me as particularly interesting, especially since we do have various sources of magical healing, so, the blindness thing is relatively low-stakes -- but it was always one of those RP scenarios that I just imagine when I'm bored even though I know that it'll never happen because there was never any way to make it happen. So, I had never actually put any real effort into trying to make that a possibility.

But then I was working on this and all of a sudden I was like "WAIT, wait, waaaaaait....!!" and I realized I could actually make it happen. So I went for it.

...I honestly don't know why this particular setting is so appealing to me. It really isn't that important in the grand scheme of Homestuck. XD

@neobullseye A CYLINDER.

The Edge is not a sphere... nor a cube... but a cylinder.

You were correct that a sphere wouldn't be right once you explained the flying thing to me, but I knew that a cube just didn't look right either, and I wasn't quite sure why, but then it hit me:

If you ignore the sky thing, and just look at the Edge as it would exist two-dimensionally, from a bird's eye view... it would be circular. That just makes the most sense.

So, combining the flying scenario with that circular base would result in a cylinder. ...The fact that it took me so long to notice this is a testament to how bad my spatial reasoning really is.

Anywho, I edited the OP/overview to clarify all the things about the Edge that were discussed here. Hopefully it makes more sense now and also hopefully doesn't look too long or clunky now that I've had to elaborate on all those physics.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkiiiiiiiin' stooooooooooooooooooopppppppppp!!!

39d99a8777.png

You know who you are! From now on, you are he who isn't going to be given a name because you aren't happy with just one!

and, people invoked my name twice in one day! Wooo!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Fuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkiiiiiiiin' stooooooooooooooooooopppppppppp!!!

39d99a8777.png

You know who you are! From now on, you are he who isn't going to be given a name because you aren't happy with just one!

and, people invoked my name twice in one day! Wooo!
And this is why, on the OP, I refuse to refer to him as any name other than 'Gwazi'. Because it's important to have a name that people can actually call you by. ...Constantly changing your username means that that constantly-changing username loses its function as a name.

Also, tagging him is fucking annoying. I've been debating just not even bothering with tagging him, but I can't do that. I crave validation and I need people to respond when I say important GM things so that I know that I'm not just screaming into the void. @_@

• Bucket of Rainbows
And this is why, on the OP, I refuse to refer to him as any name other than 'Gwazi'. Because it's important to have a name that people can actually call you by. ...Constantly changing your username means that that constantly-changing username loses its function as a name.

Also, tagging him is fucking annoying. I've been debating just not even bothering with tagging him, but I can't do that. I crave validation and I need people to respond when I say important GM things so that I know that I'm not just screaming into the void. @_@
I don't see why he can't simply call himself Gwazi or whatever. I can't believe every time someone has to tag him, they have to write that clusterfuck of bullshit he calls a username.

@GENGWAZIGODZILLAJESUSCHRISTONAFISHTITMAGNUM

• Bucket of Rainbows
Man that's a long name O.o Glad I didn't pay any attention at the time when I tried to Tag him being it would had taken me longer to do my studying.

Reactions: Flame
I don't see why he can't simply call himself Gwazi or whatever. I can't believe every time someone has to tag him, they have to write that clusterfuck of bullshit he calls a username.

@GENGWAZIGODZILLAJESUSCHRISTONAFISHTITMAGNUM
...Or you could just... select the correct autofill result. Unless you're using a device that doesn't have that sort of autofill thing for tagging...?

Anyway, I'm more annoyed when attempting to type what I think the start of his username is doesn't yield any results, and I have to be like, "ok, what the fuck am I supposed to call him now?" and then I have to dig up one of his posts just so I can be like "oh, I see, he changed 'Gen.' to 'Sir', because that was necessary".

Except for those moments when the autofill doesn't seem to be working, and then, yes, I do have to type out the whole monstrosity, while checking after typing every 3 letters to make sure I'm spelling it right -- especially since I can never seem to remember whether he spells "senpai" with an N or an M.

But even that isn't as annoying to me as the fact that NAMES HAVE A PURPOSE. AND CHANGING YOURS EVERY TWO SECONDS DEFEATS THAT PURPOSE. YOU DO NOT HAVE A NAME, GWAZI, EXCEPT FOR THE VERY NAME 'GWAZI' THAT WE'VE CONTINUED TO CALL YOU TO FILL THAT VOID. YOUR ACTUAL USERNAME IS COMPLETELY VOID OF A PURPOSE.

I should probably stop rambling now.

...Or you could just... select the correct autofill result. Unless you're using a device that doesn't have that sort of autofill thing for tagging...?

Anyway, I'm more annoyed when attempting to type what I think the start of his username is doesn't yield any results, and I have to be like, "ok, what the fuck am I supposed to call him now?" and then I have to dig up one of his posts just so I can be like "oh, I see, he changed 'Gen.' to 'Sir', because that was necessary".

Except for those moments when the autofill doesn't seem to be working, and then, yes, I do have to type out the whole monstrosity, while checking after typing every 3 letters to make sure I'm spelling it right -- especially since I can never seem to remember whether he spells "senpai" with an N or an M.

But even that isn't as annoying to me as the fact that NAMES HAVE A PURPOSE. AND CHANGING YOURS EVERY TWO SECONDS DEFEATS THAT PURPOSE. YOU DO NOT HAVE A NAME, GWAZI, EXCEPT FOR THE VERY NAME 'GWAZI' THAT WE'VE CONTINUED TO CALL YOU TO FILL THAT VOID. YOUR ACTUAL USERNAME IS COMPLETELY VOID OF A PURPOSE.

*hugs* I feel you

All I can say is well said... Cause when I tagged him it didn't appear changed or so I thought... I see now I was probable wrong...

• Love
Reactions: Rithas
Man that's a long name O.o Glad I didn't pay any attention at the time when I tried to Tag him being it would had taken me longer to do my studying.
Well, what Utsuho entered isn't his actual username.

Though he has had actual usernames that have been long enough to cause the GC thread display to get glitchy.

I think the longest one he's had in recent memory was something like Sir Gen. Magic Gwazi Magnum Senpai the First or some shit like that. I could be exaggerating by a word or two, but, that is what he tends to include.

And now he's "Trumpwaku" because changing your whole username and annoying your GM is necessary just to go on some long running joke that got old after a few hours and that no one thought was funny enough to keep up for this long in the first place.

Ordinarily I wouldn't be so rude as to talk about someone in the open like this in a place where they're likely to read it.

But, in this case, I think I'll let it slide.

• Love
Because I am a man of many titles.
Just so long as you understand that it's legitimately getting on a lot of people's nerves.

Not to the point where I can punish you as a GM or anything -- but at least to the point where no one is laughing along with it or taking it as friendly trolling, because it is legitimately irritating.

Edit: Or at least that's my stance, anyway.

@Kaga-kun , speaking of names, soon you will have to call me...

75r2eOs.jpg

JoJo!

Should also be noted that it's not just a random mish-mash.

Each part as a history of it, some longer than others.

I shall call you....

Straight G

Also like I just burped and that made me sneeze and now I have the hiccups and mah body is going cray cray.
My condolence, Sir Cray Cray of the Burping Sneeze.

Mines not a miss Mash literally each has a history from friends lol

Raven's just well my name basically.
Or is it?
I wasn't suggesting yours was.
I was just clarifying on my own. :P

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Raven