• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Alright I'll work on typing it soon then. Maybe after I study more for my history test tomorrow it's finals week.
Yes, of course! School first, if that's what you need to focus on.

With Kaga's world addition I'm considering turning Clannad into a world character.
Basically she's tied/stuck to a location, kind of like an NPC.
...Um.

I'm not sure how that would make much sense...

Fandom-based entities that act as NPC's, and are tied to a specific location? Yeah, that makes sense (and I'm about to roll out a good number of them, actually). But fandoms themselves...? I... really don't see how/why a fandom would be limited in that way.

• Thank You
Reactions: Raven
I'm not sure how that would make much sense...

Fandom-based entities that act as NPC's, and are tied to a specific location? Yeah, that makes sense (and I'm about to roll out a good number of them, actually). But fandoms themselves...? I... really don't see how/why a fandom would be limited in that way.
I don't mean physically/forcefully stuck there. :P

I just mean that's where she tends to hang about and doesn't leave that often.

I don't mean physically/forcefully stuck there. :P

I just mean that's where she tends to hang about and doesn't leave that often.
Oh, ok. That makes a lot more sense.

Well got the post up before I feel like looking at Physics. Only had 5 mins worth to finish on History thanks to a headache.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
From the new stuff in the OC:

"Additionally, it works in all three dimensions, effectively making space travel impossible as it would prevent any fandom from rising far enough above the ground to make it into space (well, Fandomverse space, anyway. Sci-fi fandoms have plenty of real-world space to play around with)."

Question: Does the 3D aspect of the 'Edge' act like a (hemi)sphere, or more like a cube? In other words, if a flying fandom would approach the Edge, would they be forced closer towards the ground ((hemi)sphere), or simply slow down more and more until they effectively hit a wall?
Second question: Does the 3D aspect also limit downward travel in the same way as it does upward travel? I'd assume so, but I figured I should just ask.

Those questions being asked, I love all the new stuff <3.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
Question: Does the 3D aspect of the 'Edge' act like a (hemi)sphere, or more like a cube? In other words, if a flying fandom would approach the Edge, would they be forced closer towards the ground ((hemi)sphere), or simply slow down more and more until they effectively hit a wall?
Initially I had been thinking of it like a sphere, but, you bring up a good point about the flying thing. o.o A cube seems like a weird way to think about it, but, now that you mention it, it might actually be closer to what I was going for.

Let's put it this way: If you're flying towards the Edge (of the land) but keeping your altitude consistent, then you wouldn't be forced down at all, because you aren't flying high enough to start feeling the sky's Edge. So, in that way, I guess it would behave like a cube. But the problem of thinking of it like a cube is the fact that a cube has corners. But if you were to approach the "corners" of the Edge, then you'd be feeling the Edge pushing from both in front of you and above you, the total force of which would push you diagonally down, thus making it seem like the Edge acts more like a circle -- especially since the combined force of the Edge both in front of you and above you would feel more powerful than just approaching either one, so, that would make you think that, effectively, it is more like a curve...

I guess the real problem here is that we're visualizing the Edge in terms of solid lines when it's really more of a gradient. You never really hit a "wall" so much as you just eventually reach the point where the force becomes too strong for you to continue -- at which point, it probably wouldn't feel very comfortable to continue standing there, and it would be fairly easy to lose your balance and be sent tumbling backwards.

So yeah, thinking in terms of gradients makes the most sense. Personally, though, my 3D spatial reasoning is just awful, so, I can hardly visualize the overall shape of it myself, much less put it into words. Maybe I could manage to throw together a graph or two if it would be helpful... (no promises about tonight, though). (Edit: OK SO APPARENTLY I AM REALLY OUT-OF-PRACTICE WITH BOTH PHOTOSHOP AND ILLUSTRATOR, AND I FIND THAT CONCERNING.)

Second question: Does the 3D aspect also limit downward travel in the same way as it does upward travel? I'd assume so, but I figured I should just ask.
Yes, but you'd have to dig so far below the "Earth"'s surface to reach it that I can't really imagine anyone running into it. In fact, it's probably something that the residents of the Fandomverse also just sort of assume exists, even though it's possible that no one has ever dug far enough to say for sure.

But seriously, thanks for the feedback. I'll try to make note of everything that people are confused about so that I can edit in clarifications later.

Last edited:
I suggest adding pictures.

It makes the descriptions more pretty, and adds some visual flavour to the locations to get players inspired.

I suggest adding pictures.

It makes the descriptions more pretty, and adds some visual flavour to the locations to get players inspired.
True... To be honest, I was originally going to include more pictures, but didn't bother in a lot of places because I wanted to get all this rolled out faster. XD

And the main reason I thought it would be so time-consuming is because some places have more obvious pictures than others, or just don't have as much need for pictures. And, I kind of wanted to avoid fanart and just stick to shots that were straight from the canon. For some locations, that's easy. For others... not so much. (Hell, I was honestly surprised at just how difficult it was to even find a good visual reference for the dragon on Jake's island. @_@ I originally wanted to have a link to a full-body image as well as just the shot of the eyes, but uh... yeah. Eventually I gave up on that in lieu of finishing this today like I wanted (not to mention before my meds wore off).)

Plus, in some cases, I don't think I'd even be able to find fanart even if I wanted to. Like, how would I include a picture for Baker Street? (Actually, I suppose I could make a rapidly-alternating gif of screenshots from different Sherlock adaptations... but that doesn't actually capture the look of the place, now does it? Not to mention, it would still be time-consuming...)

And, in general, it just seemed like trying to find an image for every location would just feel sort of arbitrary, and I feel like I'd have to either spend a ton of time searching for the perfect image (or creating my own), or settle for one that isn't quite what I was going for.

And, uh, all that's just referring to the "Notable Locations" category. If I tried to get images for the descriptions of the Fandomverse in general... yeah, I'd be even more lost. @_@

I appreciate the feedback and I totally agree with what you're saying -- originally I did plan on there being an image to go with each location -- but actually getting my hands on the best images to use takes up a lot more effort than you might think.

I can try to grab some of the pictures tomorrow if you want.

I'd do it now... But I'm occupied with a D&D session while also keeping up with the Trump explosion I created atm. XD

I can try to grab some of the pictures tomorrow if you want.
I mean, did you have good pictures in mind to begin with?

Because, if not, I'm really not sure you'd be able to find very much that would really match what I wanted, anyway. Especially since I'm trying to avoid fanart, and, well, good luck finding a canon visual reference for something from an audio series. (Although, Night Vale does have official artwork, but most of it is too stylized to really be usable here, I think.)

Add to that the fact that, again, a lot of the things we'd need images for are things that I wouldn't be able to find, even including fanart (like Baker Street, or really anything from the 'Worldbuilding Expansion Pack' section), and I would therefore have to make, myself... which frankly isn't worth the effort in this case.

Sorry, I'm just not sure it would be an effective use of anyone's time for you to dig up a bunch of images and for me to turn them all down because there's no way you (or anyone else) would ever be able to have a 100% accurate idea of what I'm looking for... :/

... I was just going to Google search to be honest. :/

Though I figured I should at least attempt Bakers Street and found this.

dd69a9443de0969abfb69201fe336fe0.jpg

The Edge: "The Edge" refers to the boundaries of the Fandomverse. The borders that make up the Edge are difficult to precisely map out and are rather out-of-the-way, so they'd be nearly impossible to accidentally run into, but, anyone really trying to test the Fandomverse's limits will eventually find them. The Fandomverse is merely a pocket dimension, not a complete universe, and was never meant to be explored too far in any direction. Therefore, if you were to wander too far out to the edges of the known Fandomverse, be it by land or by sea, you would eventually reach a strange invisible force holding you back. It is not a solid, invisible wall, though. Rather, its strength increases in intensity the farther out you try to go. You'll know that the Edge is near when it starts to become difficult to walk forward — as if a strong wind is pushing on you, or as if some gravity-like force is pulling you backwards. In front of you, the land seems to stretch on just as you would expect, but, it's rather flat and empty, without any noteworthy discernible features. And, although more land does seem to exist out there, it just isn't possible to reach. The further out you manage to travel, the force's magnitude increases exponentially until it becomes impossible to move a single inch forward. The Edge is also immune to any fandom's magic, and it is impossible to teleport beyond the Edge. Additionally, it works in all three dimensions, effectively making space travel impossible as it would prevent any fandom from rising far enough above the ground to make it into space (well, Fandomverse space, anyway. Sci-fi fandoms have plenty of real-world space to play around with).

Ooooohhhhh~

As soon as I read "The Edge" I immediately thought Submachine. Game 6 is all about exploring the so-called "Edge" of the Subnet. I imagine that Submachine might try to explore that at some point, but of course would eventually figure out that "The Edge" actually is more of a gradual barrier than a specific location.

Oh no now I'm thinking of what might happen to him if he tried to teleport across it.... (O . O) It probably wouldn't end well...

... I was just going to Google search to be honest. :/

Though I figured I should at least attempt Bakers Street and found this.

dd69a9443de0969abfb69201fe336fe0.jpg
>.< And that's sort of my point... I'd need to dig a lot deeper than a simple Google search.

And that's my point: this sort of thing, for the reasons listed, is more time consuming than one would think at first. If this was as easy as grabbing one of the first images off of Google, this wouldn't be as difficult as it is. If I said I wanted more images from the beginning, and it was really this easy, don't you think I would've found them already?

Everything that comes up on Google would either be fanart, canon art that's too stylized to work (as would be the Dog Park's case) or simply images that aren't what I'm looking for (searching "Baker Street" won't get me this Baker Street, searching "Disney Castle" won't get me this Disney Castle, etc).

If it were this easy, I wouldn't need anyone to do this job for me. >.< Given all these factors, I'm not sure it's worth it for just that added level of visual flair. At this rate, it might actually be easier for me to go and hunt down all those images myself, instead of making you run back and forth to do it when you don't have nearly as clear an idea of what I want, anyways (again, not trying to insult you -- this would be the case with anyone who offered to do this).

Ooooohhhhh~

As soon as I read "The Edge" I immediately thought Submachine. Game 6 is all about exploring the so-called "Edge" of the Subnet. I imagine that Submachine might try to explore that at some point, but of course would eventually figure out that "The Edge" actually is more of a gradual barrier than a specific location.

Oh no now I'm thinking of what might happen to him if he tried to teleport across it.... (O . O) It probably wouldn't end well...
It wouldn't work. XD I just said that teleporting beyond it just doesn't do anything.

At any rate, fandom-specific locations are a few tabs down. :P Everything in that one is just general Fandomverse stuff.

>> Anyways... once again, I appreciate the feedback, but, there are good reasons why there aren't a ton of images here.

If you really think you have a good idea for an image and it isn't too much trouble for you to get, then, by all means. Otherwise... yeah.

It wouldn't work. XD I just said that teleporting beyond it just doesn't do anything.
To be fair, technically you've said that "The Edge is also immune to any fandom's magic, and it is impossible to teleport beyond the Edge". This doesn't answer the question of what happens if someone tries it anyway; staying with the teleportation thing, will the teleport attempt simply fizzle, will it put them as close to the Edge as they could've walked to on their own two feet (likely only to launch them in the opposite direction immediately afterwards). The same goes with different kinds of magic; something has to happen to the fireball (for example) you just shot at it, whether it be passing through as if nothing happened to it, fizzling out, bursting open or bouncing back into your face.