• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
ALSO, I was re-reading the overview for this RP because reasons, and, uh...

Frozen probably lives in an ice castle, Ib would live in a creepy art museum,

DOES ANYONE EVEN REMEMBER IB??? Because it just now occurred to me how little I've thought about that game in the past year or so...

...Even though they'd probably make for a really fun fandom character...

ALSO, I was re-reading the overview for this RP because reasons, and, uh...

DOES ANYONE EVEN REMEMBER IB??? Because it just now occurred to me how little I've thought about that game in the past year or so...

...Even though they'd probably make for a really fun fandom character...
There are the endless Ib Rp's on the site, never forget those (Not that they let you)

There are the endless Ib Rp's on the site, never forget those (Not that they let you)
...Are there really?? o.o I don't think I've ever seen any.

Ok I do really want to find a temp co-GM for one or two days because aaaaaah.
I'm probably not qualified because of how new I am compared to others here, but I'd be willing to help out a bit. I can't be on all day, but when I am on I check pretty much every few minutes. And I think I've gotten the hang of things by now. Again, I'm probably not qualified to, but just know that I'm willing to do it.
...Also, for those of you who were curious, I went ahead and counted.

Not only do we have three times as many male characters as female ones, but half the female characters we currently have are mine. If you take my characters out of the equation, we're left with only three females. ...Three.

For comparison, we have two non-binary characters (three if you count Dark Room).

This is.... wow. XD
Yeah I definitely see that. It seems like the genders for the fandoms here tend to reflect characters in their franchises rather than the fanbase. Or maybe I'm reading too closely into things. It could simply be personal preference to lean towards one or the other (two examples: you seem to have a lot of female fandoms, I notice that I tend more towards non-binary/fluid fandoms). There isn't necessarily anything wrong with this, but yeah it is interesting to think about.

Now I wanna make/see others make characters for fandoms and have them be female to balance it out a bit. Ones that come to mind are Layton Brothers (which I already said I have plans for), Vocaloid, Undertale, and Ib.

And speaking of Ib....
I remember that game. I only watched playthroughs but I like it. I wouldn't make Ib myself because I'm not that much of a fan, but I would like to see someone make a character for that fandom. That would be interesting.

>suddenly gets five ideas<

oh no.

I'm probably not qualified because of how new I am compared to others here, but I'd be willing to help out a bit. I can't be on all day, but when I am on I check pretty much every few minutes. And I think I've gotten the hang of things by now. Again, I'm probably not qualified to, but just know that I'm willing to do it.
^^" I appreciate the offer, but, that was a bit of a dated request.

...Although, maybe I should have a more permanent co-GM around, just so that I'm not scrambling to find someone at the last minute when I suddenly decide I need another chill day... Hmmm...

Yeah I definitely see that. It seems like the genders for the fandoms here tend to reflect characters in their franchises rather than the fanbase. Or maybe I'm reading too closely into things. It could simply be personal preference to lean towards one or the other (two examples: you seem to have a lot of female fandoms, I notice that I tend more towards non-binary/fluid fandoms). There isn't necessarily anything wrong with this, but yeah it is interesting to think about.
Eh, I feel like that's the case for some, but not so much others.

As far as my characters are concerned: Yeah, I suppose that would be the reasoning for Doctor Who, Beatles, and Hunger Games turning out the way they did, and sort of Steven Universe... I made her female because the show has a mostly female cast, and because the gems are an all-female race (sans Steven, who's only male because he's half-human), aaaand because I wanted a chance at there being a "giant woman" at some point (or possibly several giant women over time!), which wouldn't really happen otherwise...

So yeah, I had a lot of reasons for her. XD

But then there's Trigun, whom I originally only made female because I didn't want her to look exactly the same as Vash. o.o So... yeah.

I guess I hadn't thought much about this before. XD I had always told people that they can go with whatever gender they want and there doesn't need to be much of a rhyme or reason to it, but... yeah. XD

Now I wanna make/see others make characters for fandoms and have them be female to balance it out a bit. Ones that come to mind are Layton Brothers (which I already said I have plans for), Vocaloid, Undertale, and Ib.
See, I considered taking a fandom that I'd been thinking about for a while now and genderbending them so that we could have another female...

But then I realized that I already have half the total females in this RP in the first place, so I don't think adding another to my list would really do much to fix the problem... XD

Undertale: So, what if we take a fundamental aspect of turn-based RPG's...

Me: Mhmmmm... *nodding*

Undertale: ...And make you feel guilty about it.

Me: ...*shoves laptop aside*

Like really I've barely made a dent in this game and already it is being far too clever with my emotions like goddamn no game should have that kind of power.

Undertale: So, what if we take a fundamental aspect of turn-based RPG's...

Me: Mhmmmm... *nodding*

Undertale: ...And make you feel guilty about it.

Me: ...*shoves laptop aside*

Like really I've barely made a dent in this game and already it is being far too clever with my emotions like goddamn no game should have that kind of power.
Oh, You have no idea...

....So, I was going to just send this to @neobullseye, but, I decided it would be better shared with everyone.

^^" I appreciate the offer, but, that was a bit of a dated request.

...Although, maybe I should have a more permanent co-GM around, just so that I'm not scrambling to find someone at the last minute when I suddenly decide I need another chill day... Hmmm...

Eh, I feel like that's the case for some, but not so much others.

As far as my characters are concerned: Yeah, I suppose that would be the reasoning for Doctor Who, Beatles, and Hunger Games turning out the way they did, and sort of Steven Universe... I made her female because the show has a mostly female cast, and because the gems are an all-female race (sans Steven, who's only male because he's half-human), aaaand because I wanted a chance at there being a "giant woman" at some point (or possibly several giant women over time!), which wouldn't really happen otherwise...

So yeah, I had a lot of reasons for her. XD

But then there's Trigun, whom I originally only made female because I didn't want her to look exactly the same as Vash. o.o So... yeah.

I guess I hadn't thought much about this before. XD I had always told people that they can go with whatever gender they want and there doesn't need to be much of a rhyme or reason to it, but... yeah. XD

See, I considered taking a fandom that I'd been thinking about for a while now and genderbending them so that we could have another female...

But then I realized that I already have half the total females in this RP in the first place, so I don't think adding another to my list would really do much to fix the problem... XD

The reason Type-Moon is female is because it's a joke about Saber.

I made Fire Emblem a male because, uh, he just seemed better as a male, I guess?

I'm thinking of introducing ADR to the IC, but I have two different ideas for how to go about it.

One is to have him walk up to the group in the fandom square (DHMIS, Star Wars, Fallen London, and now Hitchhike), almost attack them but stop himself, then join the group.

The other is to have his compass lead him to Final Fantasy's ship and interact with Mass Effect.

@Rowdybull , @Soulless , @Gen. Magic Senpai , what do you think? Is the currently forming group getting too big and I should have ADR go to Mass Effect, or is there room for one more with the current group? Or I could do both and have him approach the first group before heading off to find Mass Effect. His compass could take him to the first group, then to Mass Effect.

And speaking of which, Gen, would ADR have already been acquainted with Star Wars and/or Mass Effect. Like I said before, I wouldn't expect such large fandoms as yours to know such a small fandom as mine, but it's possible that he could have run into either of them in the past because of his wandering around.

I'm thinking of introducing ADR to the IC, but I have two different ideas for how to go about it.

One is to have him walk up to the group in the fandom square (DHMIS, Star Wars, Fallen London, and now Hitchhike), almost attack them but stop himself, then join the group.

The other is to have his compass lead him to Final Fantasy's ship and interact with Mass Effect.

@Rowdybull , @Soulless , @Gen. Magic Senpai , what do you think? Is the currently forming group getting too big and I should have ADR go to Mass Effect, or is there room for one more with the current group? Or I could do both and have him approach the first group before heading off to find Mass Effect. His compass could take him to the first group, then to Mass Effect.

And speaking of which, Gen, would ADR have already been acquainted with Star Wars and/or Mass Effect. Like I said before, I wouldn't expect such large fandoms as yours to know such a small fandom as mine, but it's possible that he could have run into either of them in the past because of his wandering around.
I think that interacting with Mass Effect makes the most sense, especially since you already have a character in the other group.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Might be appropriate here.

EDIT: Also, how do the alerts work? I seem not to get Alerts often on subscribed threads. It's kind of annoying.

Might be appropriate here.

EDIT: Also, how do the alerts work? I seem not to get Alerts often on subscribed threads. It's kind of annoying.
If you see that you have an alert and then don't check that thread, then you won't get any more alerts. It will only continue to alert you after you actually view that thread.

So, yeah, it's easy to see that you have an alert and then not check it right away, and then suddenly not get alerts at all... because it only sends one alert until you look at the thread again.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
If you see that you have an alert and then don't check that thread, then you won't get any more alerts. It will only continue to alert you after you actually view that thread.

So, yeah, it's easy to see that you have an alert and then not check it right away, and then suddenly not get alerts at all... because it only sends one alert until you look at the thread again.
That sounds really annoying. I'll keep that in mind; thanks.

That sounds really annoying. I'll keep that in mind; thanks.
It isn't too hard if you just get in the habit of checking a thread when you see that you have an alert for it. Otherwise... yeah. Just don't ignore alerts and you should be fine.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Also,

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-18%20at%2010.47.17%20PM.png

Here's something from Le Tumblr that I thought people might enjoy.

Do you ever go onto a wiki to look up a character for an RP, or just to look up, and then get distracted, and go onto various pages of the wiki because your bored, and forget the information you were originally there for?

That just happened to me.

Damn you, Final Fantasy Wiki and your numerous pages!

Do you ever go onto a wiki to look up a character for an RP, or just to look up, and then get distracted, and go onto various pages of the wiki because your bored, and forget the information you were originally there for?

That just happened to me.

Damn you, Final Fantasy Wiki and your numerous pages!
Oh, I love when that sort of thing happens.

That's how I first found out about the Apple vs Apple... thing.

And how I found out that there's apparently some obscure Marvel comic out there that features shapeshifting aliens that copied the appearances of the Beatles just because. ...Like, they didn't even intend to replace the real ones or anything. And then, because Wikipedia is rarely a spoiler-free zone, I learned that the John Lennon alien died on account of being shot to death. ...Because of course he was.

...And then I'd learned that everything I just read was only one tiny side-plot in an incredibly bizarre series that was written by someone who apparently used to be a writer for Doctor Who. ...I still need to hunt down this comic. Apparently it's just my kind of surreal.

Oh, I love when that sort of thing happens.

That's how I first found out about the Apple vs Apple... thing.

And how I found out that there's apparently some obscure Marvel comic out there that features shapeshifting aliens that copied the appearances of the Beatles just because. ...Like, they didn't even intend to replace the real ones or anything. And then, because Wikipedia is rarely a spoiler-free zone, I learned that the John Lennon alien died on account of being shot to death. ...Because of course he was.

...And then I'd learned that everything I just read was only one tiny side-plot in an incredibly bizarre series that was written by someone who apparently used to be a writer for Doctor Who. ...I still need to hunt down this comic. Apparently it's just my kind of surreal.

Yeah. It can be entertaining.

I'm designing an RP that's a sequel of sorts to Final Fantasy XII, so I was researching various characters on the wiki, and I ended up on the page for Final Fantasy IV, and then after that, on some obscure Japan only game.