KAY SPEAKING OF HEART ATTACKS

THANKS FOR MOMENTARILY MAKING ME THINK I'D POSTED THAT LONG THING IN THE WRONG THREAD. @_@
Nah, I just:

1. Didn't want to de-rail
2. Figured the Fandomstuck peeps would be more likely to oblige. :3

As our supreme commander has pointed out, apparently It's my turn/ I should probably post.

My reaction was "I do?"

I seriously had no idea

As our supreme commander has pointed out, apparently It's my turn/ I should probably post.

My reaction was "I do?"

I seriously had no idea
The characters involved in Doctor Who's group currently (in order of having posted most recently to least recently, and counting Paladin's recent announcement as a post for FE) are as follows:

Fire Emblem, RvB, Touhou, FF, Doctor Who, Dragon Age, FMA, Homestuck, Hetalia

Looking at the end of the list -- Hetalia's still been gone for like forever and is only still listed here because there was no real need to write him out of the RP with the whole Canada thing that I mentioned. Then there are Ceph's characters, and Ceph has also been gone for a couple months now, which is a bit concerning. And then... I think FE would've normally been next, but Paladin said he wouldn't be posting for a while and gave me all the info I needed in order to know what to do with him when it came time for my next post, so, yeah. Once you take all of those things into account... yes, it would be your turn.

...I understand that these large groups can be confusing, especially with so many people AWOL. This is why I give posting reminders.

Okay, cewl

Also, I just paid a fiver for two large domino meatfeast pizza's and uh I just might die

...So. Here's a thing.

tumblr_nz5sul9pAx1ut1zv6o1_540.jpg

...I'm not sure what exactly to say about this, but it seemed relevant to mention. @Gen. Magic Senpai

*listens to Japanese, reads Italian, nods slowly, and pretends to understand*

...In all honesty though, I have seen the anime, so, I get the reference, but, yeah. XD

Also

........Starrfish.

It took me until hours after posting that, when I was offline, to get that pun.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Also

........Starrfish.

It took me until hours after posting that, when I was offline, to get that pun.
OK WAIT NO IT GETS BETTER

LgOp3NC.png

THIS WAS IN THE TUMBLR POST THAT I GOT THAT IMAGE FROM

AND I STILL DIDN'T NOTICE.

MY BRAIN JUST AUTO-CORRECTED IT AS I READ, APPARENTLY. Even though I probably skimmed over it at least two or three times. @_@

@Gen. Magic Senpai

So

I was talking to an old friend of mine earlier today... and she encouraged me to buy a certain game.

Said it was on Steam.

And this... confused me for a moment... because for some reason I had just assumed that Steam was only a PC thing and wasn't available on Macs...

But uh... but no. Cuz this friend of mine, as I already knew, is also a Mac user, and she told me that not only is Steam a Mac thing, but that she doesn't even have that much trouble finding Mac-compatible games. There are plenty of them. It's rare that she even encounters a game that she wants that she can't have.

And, like... I don't think you ever explicitly stated that you can't get Steam on a Mac, so, it's not like I can say for sure when and how I came to that conclusion, but, just because of you, I think I assumed it -- if only because we're constantly doing that whole Mac vs PC thing between the two of us and the number one argument against Macs always seems to be the incompatibility thing and the idea that gamers don't use Macs. And, you know, out of all my Internet friends, you're probably the biggest gamer and the one who seems to talk about PC gaming and Steam a lot, so... yeah. I guess those signals just kind of got mixed up somewhere along the lines -- and I just unquestionably assumed that you can't get Steam on a Mac, without even really thinking about it too hard... and I kind of blame you for that.

But the weird thing is, this isn't the first time this has happened!

Becauuuuuse there was also that thing where I similarly unquestionably assumed that season 9 of Doctor Who was already over when it wasn't, also not quite knowing why exactly I made that assumption. But, I did eventually start to think that you might have been the reason for it, probably because you were on that whole "oh but I wan't to marathon the whole season" shtick and then said "oh so that's why you haven't been nagging me to catch up" when I said I was behind and then all of a sudden you were caught up, so... I guess that just made me think the season was over. And I didn't even really question that.

So... it's almost as if just something about your existence makes me come to these weird conclusions that I don't even remember making, because this isn't something that happens to me often...

• Love
*whispers in Kaga's ear*: PC will always be better... (especially for PC gaming) *wiggles my fingers and waves my arms as I ghost away*

• Useful
*whispers in Kaga's ear*: PC will always be better... (especially for PC gaming) *wiggles my fingers and waves my arms as I ghost away*
I DON'T FUCKING CARE WHICH IS BETTER.

MY POINT IS THAT I ALWAYS JUST ASSUMED THAT STEAM ISN'T EVEN A THING ON MACS AT ALL JUST BECAUSE OF THIS SORT OF TALK.

AND I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT. LIKE, AT ALL.

IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS YOU NEVER THINK ABOUT UNTIL SOME SNAPPLE FACT PROVES YOU WRONG AND YOU GO "oh, huh, that's interesting, never knew that" BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T EVEN ADAMANTLY BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT WAS RIGHT. IT WAS JUST SOME ASSUMPTION YOU'D ALWAYS HELD AND NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT.

BUT, BUT NO -- APPARENTLY YOU CAN GET STEAM ON MACS AND, ACCORDING TO MY FRIEND, THERE AREN'T EVEN THAT MANY GAMES THAT ARE PC-ONLY...

And fuck the PC/Mac debate right now, I don't even care about that and this is not me going on some rant about that -- I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW I NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED THE CONTRARY, HERE.

@Gen. Magic Senpai

So

I was talking to an old friend of mine earlier today... and she encouraged me to buy a certain game.

Said it was on Steam.

And this... confused me for a moment... because for some reason I had just assumed that Steam was only a PC thing and wasn't available on Macs...

But uh... but no. Cuz this friend of mine, as I already knew, is also a Mac user, and she told me that not only is Steam a Mac thing, but that she doesn't even have that much trouble finding Mac-compatible games. There are plenty of them. It's rare that she even encounters a game that she wants that she can't have.

And, like... I don't think you ever explicitly stated that you can't get Steam on a Mac, so, it's not like I can say for sure when and how I came to that conclusion, but, just because of you, I think I assumed it -- if only because we're constantly doing that whole Mac vs PC thing between the two of us and the number one argument against Macs always seems to be the incompatibility thing and the idea that gamers don't use Macs. And, you know, out of all my Internet friends, you're probably the biggest gamer and the one who seems to talk about PC gaming and Steam a lot, so... yeah. I guess those signals just kind of got mixed up somewhere along the lines -- and I just unquestionably assumed that you can't get Steam on a Mac, without even really thinking about it too hard... and I kind of blame you for that.
Well yea, you find some games that work for Macs.
And admittedly developers are getting better in that regard.

But there are a ton of games you'll be locked out of because it's not Mac compatible.
But games that lock you out for being PC are practically non-existent, and I only say practically because I don't want to go with absolutes regardless of never seeing a case of it.

As for it being 'rare' for your friend to encounter a non-mac game?
Are any of her friends non-mac users? If not that's likely a case of friends just suggesting mac games to her.
But the weird thing is, this isn't the first time this has happened!

Becauuuuuse there was also that thing where I similarly unquestionably assumed that season 9 of Doctor Who was already over when it wasn't, also not quite knowing why exactly I made that assumption. But, I did eventually start to think that you might have been the reason for it, probably because you were on that whole "oh but I wan't to marathon the whole season" shtick and then said "oh so that's why you haven't been nagging me to catch up" when I said I was behind and then all of a sudden you were caught up, so... I guess that just made me think the season was over. And I didn't even really question that.

So... it's almost as if just something about your existence makes me come to these weird conclusions that I don't even remember making, because this isn't something that happens to me often...
But, you already successfully talked me out of marathoning weeks before that incident happened! XD

Well yea, you find some games that work for Macs.
And admittedly developers are getting better in that regard.

But there are a ton of games you'll be locked out of because it's not Mac compatible.
But games that lock you out for being PC are practically non-existent, and I only say practically because I don't want to go with absolutes regardless of never seeing a case of it.

As for it being 'rare' for your friend to encounter a non-mac game?
Are any of her friends non-mac users? If not that's likely a case of friends just suggesting mac games to her.
*rubs eyes in exhaustion and annoyance* Listen... I don't... I don't care about compatibility right now. That's not what this debate is about.

I don't fucking care if PC's get all the games as opposed to Macs only getting most of the games -- because I'm only going to want a teeny tiny fraction of that game market, anyway -- and it probably won't be the PC-only games, because, I mean,

The game that we were talking about in particular was fucking Undertale, ok? Just... those are the types of games I would plan on buying, if any. I don't think I would have an issue there.

I don't know enough about my friend's gaming habits to know why it's "rare" for her to find non-Mac games and I don't care right now because I do not want to get into this debate. That wasn't my point.

Can't I just... point out a weird phenomenon without things getting all "PC master race" in here???

Especially since I don't even care if PC's are better for gaming since I'm not really even a gamer??? I'm just a self-labeled Nintendork who doesn't even pay that much attention to Nintendo anymore and who wasn't even aware until just now that you can't play PS3 games on a PS4, therefore forcing me to remove a single, solitary PS3 game from my Christmas wishlist -- which by the way was the only video game I even sort of kind of wanted, and only because I had played it at a friend's house (actually, the same friend who was talking to me about Steam earlier, amusingly enough) and thought it was cool. Other than that, I am so 100% not a gamer. And even if I was... I'd probably prefer an actual console over my computer anyway, just because, like... I'm really weird and picky about atmosphere when it comes to enjoying media. That's probably why I prefer DVD's over watching a movie on my computer and would even prefer watching a DVD on an actual TV instead of just putting it in my computer's disk drive even disregarding the fact that my laptop doesn't even have a disk drive on account of being anorexically thin, therefore requiring me to have an external one, because I just... probably would rather not do all my gaming on a computer, even if I was a gamer, which I'm not.

... *rolls onto the floor* Did I mention I am so sick of this debate and hesitated even telling you all this just because I was afraid of the "oooooh Mac user getting Steam?? But PC is better and here are all the reasons why~" reply because god-fucking-dammit I just so don't want to hear it right now.

But, you already successfully talked me out of marathoning weeks before that incident happened! XD
@_@ But then you were like "oh, so that's why you haven't been nagging me to catch up", which would imply that you hadn't been staying up-to-date after that one incident where I convinced you to watch the first 4 or so episodes, which is probably why I thought that you'd marathoned the whole thing once you were caught up. >.<

But... Mods... ;A;

1942025-1305834064.jpg

But... Mods... ;A;

1942025-1305834064.jpg
Listen.

Listen Gwazi.

I want you to listen... very carefully. Ok.

It's alright if you have to re-read this a couple times. I understand. That's totally fine.

Just make sure you really absorb this into your mind, ok? No passive reading. Reeeeally pay attention here. And that's a phrase I hesitate to even use because it mildly bothers me just for personal reasons, but, really, I just want you to read carefully here.

I

DON'T

CARE

ENOUGH

ABOUT

GAMES

TO CARE

ABOUT

THAT.

And I don't even really see myself as being the type to join some massive MMO community or something like that (and, yes, I realized that in my use of that abbreviation I essentially used the word "massive" twice, like saying "PIN number" or "ATM machine", which is also redundant, but I don't care right now), and I certainly don't see myself as being the type to get into all the mods and just... bleeeeh not my cup of tea.

If I want to see a TARDIS put into places that a TARDIS shouldn't be then I really don't need to look very far. The Internet makes that very easy. Hell, if I wanted to see a TARDIS in my favorite video game, the Internet's probably already done that. And I could play a hack for just a bit, but... it's just... this is not my type of game.

I just... *crawls under something* dooooooon't caaaaaaaaare about your arguments because they just dooooon't mean anything to meeeeeeeeeeee.

Just leave me and my hipster ass alone to enjoy our Apple devices and our somewhat old-school gaming tastes... *continues rolling over*

raining_david_tennant.gif

This requires forceful action.

6b18f041df80a3fb4.gif

Note I'm just looking for an excuse to post The Doctor and Kilgrave side-by-side.

raining_david_tennant.gif

This requires forceful action.

6b18f041df80a3fb4.gif

Note I'm just looking for an excuse to post The Doctor and Kilgrave side-by-side.
Then allow me to take advantage of this excuse to post Beatles gifs.

tumblr_mxfeguF4Bp1r7bg6wo2_500.gif

Because I just don't want to hear iiiiit...

ALSO

TO ALL YOU FUCKIN' GAMERS

WHO ARE SO READY TO REMIND ME THAT PC'S DOMINATE THE GAMING REALM

YOU KNOW WHAT TYPE OF COMPUTER DOMINATES THE ART REALM?

THE THING THAT ARTISTS ARE ALWAYS SEEN USING AND ARE ASSOCIATED WITH BY DEFAULT? TO THE POINT WHERE TUTORIALS FOR FANCY ADOBE SOFTWARE SAY "here's how you do this, but on Windows this button would be here instead of there" BECAUSE WINDOWS IS ACTUALLY THE MORE UNCOMMON CHOICE THAT IS ONLY CONSIDERED AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT?

MACS

AND DO YOU KNOW WHICH REALM IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME??

ART.

...I don't even know why I'm yelling anymore. I should go to bed now.

ALSO

TO ALL YOU FUCKIN' GAMERS

WHO ARE SO READY TO REMIND ME THAT PC'S DOMINATE THE GAMING REALM

YOU KNOW WHAT TYPE OF COMPUTER DOMINATES THE ART REALM?

THE THING THAT ARTISTS ARE ALWAYS SEEN USING AND ARE ASSOCIATED WITH BY DEFAULT? TO THE POINT WHERE TUTORIALS FOR FANCY ADOBE SOFTWARE SAY "here's how you do this, but on Windows this button would be here instead of there" BECAUSE WINDOWS IS ACTUALLY THE MORE UNCOMMON CHOICE THAT IS ONLY CONSIDERED AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT?

MACS

AND DO YOU KNOW WHICH REALM IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME??

ART.

...I don't even know why I'm yelling anymore. I should go to bed now.
Did I mention I am so sick of this debate and hesitated even telling you all this just because I was afraid of the "oooooh Mac user getting Steam?? But PC is better and here are all the reasons why~" reply because god-fucking-dammit I just so don't want to hear it right now.
I see a contradiction here. :/