• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Yea there's some new. But there's even more new in something... new. :P
*shrugga-shrug* Suit yourself. I still maintain that there's a lot to re-discover when re-watching things, gives you a deeper appreciation for it...

And if it's been forever-and-a-half since you saw it the first time, then it really is like discovering something new, because you forgot most of it. XD

Also... it occurred to me...

Lots of Whovians seem to be rather annoyed by that whole thing about Rose essentially getting two endings, but uh...

Clara had four.

Granted, some of those were the result of Jenna Coleman being super indecisive about when she wanted to leave the show, but... still.

Oh and, that count is me being frugal about what exactly counts as a 'fake ending'... I could be a bit more generous and add quite a few more to that list, if I wanted...

Clara had four.

Granted, some of those were the result of Jenna Coleman being super indecisive about when she wanted to leave the show, but... still.

Oh and, that count is me being frugal about what exactly counts as a 'fake ending'... I could be a bit more generous and add quite a few more to that list, if I wanted...
How? o_o

First: The season 8 finale. Sure felt like it would be her ending, anyway, since she and the Doctor went their separate ways and didn't have any reason to keep traveling with each other, or, at least, that's what they thought, given each others' lies. Plus, Jenna Coleman said she'd be leaving by the end of the year, so, it made sense that that would be her ending.

Second: The 2014 Christmas special. Like I said, Jenna Coleman said she would be leaving the show by the end of the year. If the season finale wasn't her ending (even though she basically did get an ending... only for the Doctor to show up again not much later...), then the Christmas special certainly would've been. I watched that whole special under the assumption that it would've been her ending, and, honestly, I'm pretty sure it was even originally written to be an ending -- especially given that whole sequence with that older version of Clara that pretty much echoed Clara's final moments with Eleven in Time of the Doctor. It would've worked. I remember my reaction being pretty much along the lines of, "...wait, what?!" when she just hopped in the TARDIS with him and flew away at the end. And, hell, I even remember seeing text that came up right before the credits that was something along the lines of "The Doctor and Clara Oswald will return in season 9!", just to clarify what just happened. And, yeah, it wasn't long after that I ran into news about Coleman changing her mind and deciding to stay for an extra season. And... yeah, I maintain that Last Christmas was originally going to be Clara's last episode, and the ending was hastily re-written with Coleman's last-minute decision. Wouldn't be surprised if that old Clara was originally supposed to be the real one and not just another dream, too.

The third and fourth would be Meet the Raven and Hell Bent, which are both in more recent memory, so, yeah. And what's amazing about Hell Bent is that someone (maybe it was Clara?) said something like "it was sad, it was beautiful, but now it's over" -- and, yeah, something about that statement feels very... meta, because... yeah, that sounds like a perfectly reasonable argument against a fake ending. You have all these good endings, sad endings that could've worked for Clara (even though I admit that her death in Meet the Raven was actually sort of lackluster compared to the others), and, they just... never kept any of them. @_@

I mean, it's not like I hate what they did with Clara, and I do enjoy a lot of how Hell Bent played out, but... yeah... given just the sheer number of endings that Clara got... yeah, it's starting to annoy me. @_@

And, once again, that's being frugal with her count!

There's more if you count the alt Claras -- or at least the Victorian one from The Snowmen, since I think we were sort of supposed to think that that was the version of Clara that would become his companion, at least before she died for the second time and made things interesting (so, she'd probably deserve to be counted more than Oswin (the Dalek Clara), who would've just appeared to be a one-off character at first, so, yeah, not the same).

Oh! And let's not forget the season 7 finale, The Name of the Doctor, where Clara scattered herself across the Doctor's timeline and all that. I remember a lot of people being confused and thinking that was supposed to be the end of Clara -- which makes sense for a bunch of reasons, actually. The logistics of scattering herself across his timeline, the fact that they explicitly stated that that would kill her (and I really have no idea why it didn't, actually...), aaaand the fact that that marked the end of Clara being the "mystery girl" (as, by then, the mystery had been solved), so, yeah, it sort of worked in a thematic sense. I'm pretty sure I was one of the people who didn't even consider that it was supposed to be an ending until I saw people being confused about Clara being in the 50th, but, yeah.

And then if we're getting really generous, we could even count Kill the Moon/Mummy on the Orient Express, seeing as how the ending to Kill the Moon did involve Clara basically telling the Doctor to get out of her life, and me being legitimately unsure as to whether or not she'd actually decided to stop being a companion at that point... and then Mummy on the Orient Express was basically built around Clara and the Doctor being on what they said was their last adventure together, soooo... I doubted that it was really going to be Clara's last episode, but, still, had me wondering. @_@ But anyway, even if those two episodes didn't fool that many people, it's still, from an in-canon standpoint, basically serving as an ending for the Doctor and Clara's travels together, sooooo....

NO, INTERNET, YOU CAN'T DO THIS. THIS IS TOO MUCH POWER.

I'M TOO EASILY AMUSED BY PUNS.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%2012.59.36%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%2012.59.28%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%2012.58.47%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%2012.58.41%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%2012.58.32%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%201.05.32%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%2012.58.24%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%201.05.18%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%201.04.23%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%201.00.25%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%201.00.47%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%201.01.03%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%201.02.12%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%201.01.42%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%201.01.58%20AM.png

And, uh... and then there's this guy:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-08%20at%201.06.02%20AM.png

First: The season 8 finale. Sure felt like it would be her ending, anyway, since she and the Doctor went their separate ways and didn't have any reason to keep traveling with each other, or, at least, that's what they thought, given each others' lies. Plus, Jenna Coleman said she'd be leaving by the end of the year, so, it made sense that that would be her ending.

Second: The 2014 Christmas special. Like I said, Jenna Coleman said she would be leaving the show by the end of the year. If the season finale wasn't her ending (even though she basically did get an ending... only for the Doctor to show up again not much later...), then the Christmas special certainly would've been. I watched that whole special under the assumption that it would've been her ending, and, honestly, I'm pretty sure it was even originally written to be an ending -- especially given that whole sequence with that older version of Clara that pretty much echoed Clara's final moments with Eleven in Time of the Doctor. It would've worked. I remember my reaction being pretty much along the lines of, "...wait, what?!" when she just hopped in the TARDIS with him and flew away at the end. And, hell, I even remember seeing text that came up right before the credits that was something along the lines of "The Doctor and Clara Oswald will return in season 9!", just to clarify what just happened. And, yeah, it wasn't long after that I ran into news about Coleman changing her mind and deciding to stay for an extra season. And... yeah, I maintain that Last Christmas was originally going to be Clara's last episode, and the ending was hastily re-written with Coleman's last-minute decision. Wouldn't be surprised if that old Clara was originally supposed to be the real one and not just another dream, too.

The third and fourth would be Meet the Raven and Hell Bent, which are both in more recent memory, so, yeah. And what's amazing about Hell Bent is that someone (maybe it was Clara?) said something like "it was sad, it was beautiful, but now it's over" -- and, yeah, something about that statement feels very... meta, because... yeah, that sounds like a perfectly reasonable argument against a fake ending. You have all these good endings, sad endings that could've worked for Clara (even though I admit that her death in Meet the Raven was actually sort of lackluster compared to the others), and, they just... never kept any of them. @_@

I mean, it's not like I hate what they did with Clara, and I do enjoy a lot of how Hell Bent played out, but... yeah... given just the sheer number of endings that Clara got... yeah, it's starting to annoy me. @_@

And, once again, that's being frugal with her count!

There's more if you count the alt Claras -- or at least the Victorian one from The Snowmen, since I think we were sort of supposed to think that that was the version of Clara that would become his companion, at least before she died for the second time and made things interesting (so, she'd probably deserve to be counted more than Oswin (the Dalek Clara), who would've just appeared to be a one-off character at first, so, yeah, not the same).

Oh! And let's not forget the season 7 finale, The Name of the Doctor, where Clara scattered herself across the Doctor's timeline and all that. I remember a lot of people being confused and thinking that was supposed to be the end of Clara -- which makes sense for a bunch of reasons, actually. The logistics of scattering herself across his timeline, the fact that they explicitly stated that that would kill her (and I really have no idea why it didn't, actually...), aaaand the fact that that marked the end of Clara being the "mystery girl" (as, by then, the mystery had been solved), so, yeah, it sort of worked in a thematic sense. I'm pretty sure I was one of the people who didn't even consider that it was supposed to be an ending until I saw people being confused about Clara being in the 50th, but, yeah.

And then if we're getting really generous, we could even count Kill the Moon/Mummy on the Orient Express, seeing as how the ending to Kill the Moon did involve Clara basically telling the Doctor to get out of her life, and me being legitimately unsure as to whether or not she'd actually decided to stop being a companion at that point... and then Mummy on the Orient Express was basically built around Clara and the Doctor being on what they said was their last adventure together, soooo... I doubted that it was really going to be Clara's last episode, but, still, had me wondering. @_@ But anyway, even if those two episodes didn't fool that many people, it's still, from an in-canon standpoint, basically serving as an ending for the Doctor and Clara's travels together, sooooo....
Oh... Yea that is a lot. XD

Admittedly I never actually thought about all of that too much till now... Damn. :P

Oh... Yea that is a lot. XD

Admittedly I never actually thought about all of that too much till now... Damn. :P
Neither had I until recently. XD Probably wouldn't even have noticed if it wasn't for Hell Bent getting me thinking about it... XD

Neither had I until recently. XD Probably wouldn't even have noticed if it wasn't for Hell Bent getting me thinking about it... XD
Well, let's hope they keep it this time for next season. XD

So, I finally watched the Season Finale.

That was impressive, actually. It was confusing, but good.

Reactions: Kagayours
So, I finally watched the Season Finale.

That was impressive, actually. It was confusing, but good.
I would be happy to explain things that you didn't understand. OwO

Speaking of which I just finished Jessica Jones.

Seeing David Tennant as both the Doctor and Kill Grave is... odd to say the least. XD

Guys.

tumblr_nz2sx7C5051uw8h1ko1_1280.png

tumblr_nz2sx7C5051uw8h1ko2_1280.png

Ringo's emoji use is getting out of control.

I think we need to stage an intervention.

Ok, Kaga, I would post to go on the TARDIS Adventure, but I'm down to my old iPad, and it has problems loading that page for some reason.

I'll be off,of it on Christmas, but just know that Fire Emblem wants to go on an adventure to fight Daleks in Tiger Tanks.

How is everyone? :D

Ok, Kaga, I would post to go on the TARDIS Adventure, but I'm down to my old iPad, and it has problems loading that page for some reason.

I'll be off,of it on Christmas, but just know that Fire Emblem wants to go on an adventure to fight Daleks in Tiger Tanks.
o.o Oh, ok, but, being able to post is kind of important... is that your only internet source?

Any idea why it can't load that page? :/

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica