Name: THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls

Appearance:
CG is a young lad with a clean haircut. His wear is a fusion of a business suit and a fancy tuxedo, as a reference to his Cinderella motif.

Personality:
Also known as Cinderella Girls or CG for short, he has gotten pretty hyperactive since the recent release of his anime. He constantly argues with his big brother iDOLM@STER and his little brother Million Live about who is better, which implies a mildly aggresive attitude. He often boasts of variety and songs, and it is said that his arrogance is second only to his big brother. One thing for sure is that he will always do his best, even if it breaks him.

Despite such a nature, he has a soft spot for girls, mainly due to his worry about his big sister, Dearly Stars, and how he worries about her fading away due to lack of popularity.

Abilities and Equipment:
CG holds the power of 183 idols. These 183 idols have numerous talents, from a variety of music genres, to cooking, to inventing, chemistry and a good deal of mundane stuff. As an extension to this capability, he can mimic the effects of CGI and special effects as depicted in various parts of the series, sometimes to the extent of turning such things real. Is there anything he can't do? Yes, actually.

Home:
Lives alongside his brothers, iDOLM@STER, Million Live, and sisters SideM and Dearly Stars. Also known as the Producers or THE iDOLM@STER Series, these five Producer siblings live in a very large building. The first two floors resemble the interior of 765 Pro, the next floor resembles 876 Pro and the next 30 floors are a hybrid of 346 Pro and various locations present in the series, such as stages.

Quirks:
???

Other:
He has a crush on Love Live!, something that his big brother forbids him from doing. He has previously attempted to convince iDOLM@STER to accept Love Live!, but just can't.
You can often see him taking walks with his big sister Dearly Stars.​
Yeah, as I said before, the "appearance" field doesn't have much under it. If you're going to use a verbal description, you're going to have to flesh it out a bit more. If it helps, it would be perfectly alright for you to link to images of several characters and things from the series and use those as a visual reference for your description. For example, saying something like, "he mostly looks like *link* except that X part of him looks more like *link*..." etc. Lots of CS's here have that sort of thing, and it works just fine. The description of his clothing, especially, I think could benefit from this, if there was something specific you were trying to reference with that description.

Additionally, I'm a bit confused about the "idols" mentioned in the abilities/equipment section. Is that just a fancy way of saying that he has all those powers? For some reason, the wording makes it come across like it's some sort of summoning thing, but I don't think that's what you were going for.

The description of his home would also benefit from having some linked images, I think. It's hard to really picture what it's supposed to look like without reference images for things like "the interior of 765 pro". Does that make sense? Let me know if I'm being unclear.

As for the "quirk" section... were you just not sure what that meant? You just put question marks there on both your CS's. Essentially, the "quirk" section is just a little section to jot down some interesting details about bizarre mannerisms and things relevant to your fandom. It's just fun to flesh them out that way. If you want to see some examples, you can look at some other CS's here. Feel free to fill it with fandom in-jokes, too -- the quirk section is pretty much the only place where you don't need to make any effort to explain aspects of your fandom to people unfamiliar with it.

The last thing I'm concerned about is that there's a lot of reference to CG's relationships with other fandoms. This isn't a bad thing, necessarily, I'm just concerned about the possibility of you roleplaying with yourself by focusing too much on these relationships -- which is not only problematic in general in a forum RP, but it's even worse when these other characters don't even have CS's. I'm not trying to accuse you of something you haven't actually done, but, it's a bit of a warning sign for me -- so, I just want to be clear that I don't want to see much of any self-interaction in the IC.

I know this seems like a lot of commentary, but most of it just has to do with adding images. I don't think it should be too difficult to fix.

Name:
Kamen Rider

Appearance:
Kamen Rider wears a black overcoat over a green shirt, while wearing khaki shorts. He also dons a read scarf around his neck.

Personality:
Kamen Rider is one to strongly believe in justice, and he opposes all that he deems wrong. He will not stand for the slightest sign of evil. Sometimes, he himself is conflicted with his ways as he does not always know what is right from wrong.

Abilities and Equipment:
He has a variety of equipment, and a good deal of transformation trinkets and related weaponry. His 'Omni Driver' as he calls it allows him to access the abilities of any Kamen Rider in existence, albeit one at a time. His belt also stores a variety of weapons and gadgets within some form of pocket dimension for offense and spying.

Home:
His humble abode resembles the Shocker Base on the inside. On the outside, it resembles the upper half of Kamen Rider Ichigo's head.

Quirks:
???

Other:
He is good friends with Super Sentai.​
This CS suffers from a lot of the same problems. The appearance field could use some fleshing out, and the home field should definitely have some reference images for specific things like the "Shocker Base", etc. Also, for the abilities/equipment field -- are there any noteworthy "weapons and gadgets" stored in his belt that could be elaborated on? I'm not quite sure what weapons/gadgets to expect.

Other than those things, though, this looks alright.

Since I can (and will) post for now, here's the first of two CSes (the one Gwazi totally called when I made FE.)

Name: Type-Moon

Appearance:

tumblr_mhwamlNO1o1rqsovoo1_r1_1280.png

Personality: Type-Moon can get really nervous about small things, such as new things, but also about translations to older things. She likes both boys, and hot girls that do awesome things, which I guess would make her bi. She likes the Fate series, but feels like it's a bit overdone. Same with the use of Saber. Gets angry over people not making up their minds because of the amounts of retcons Nasu makes.

Abilities and Equipment:
Excalibur, Archer's Coat, the Holy Grail, a shitload of random historical artifacts. Various Noble Phantasms. Various Magic abilities.

Home:

Type-Moon is a... Strange fandom. Her house is a Catholic Church, and she lives with the priest there. Like, actually in the church. Inside of her quarters, though, there's a bunch of stuff. First off, she collects historical artifacts, so those are scattered everywhere. Her room looks like a museum that had a tornado go through it. She also has various vestments everywhere, which wouldn't be so strange, as she lives in a church, except for the fact that most of them are bloodstained. On her walls as well are various whiteboards and papers with notes on what the hell happened, and how that connects to this, and a bunch of confusing shit that makes sense only to her.

Also, the priest knows magic, and is a bit... Creepy. Don't go to any of his services. There's a nice Methodist Church down the street if you want a church.

Quirks: Tends to overcomplicate things, just a tad.
Denies the existence of a Tsukihime Anime
Is huge into debating power levels
Has a dislike for chairs.

Other:

It was late, and I had just finished a huge-ass Science Project. That's why I made this.

Don't judge me, I was tired!
Um... I do normally advise against rushing through CS's and/or posting them when tired, so I do recommend that you look back at this when your brain's running on a good night's sleep and make sure there isn't anything you want to change/add/etc.

For now, though, I'll try to look at this objectively.

I feel like the personality could use a bit more elaboration on her... actual personality, and not just her opinions on things in her series. I feel like I didn't actually learn much about her from reading this. A few sentences on that would probably be enough to fix this issue, though. I don't normally ask for people to go too in-depth with the personality fields, but... yeah.

The abilities/equipment field could definitely use a bit of elaboration on what exactly each of these things do. I don't know what "noble phantasm" means at all, and, "various magic abilities" should probably be elaborated on at least enough to have a general idea of what sorts of magic abilities she has.

Type-Moon is a... Strange fandom. Her house is a Catholic Church,
Oh hey, I feel like I should associate Trigun with this church. ...But I'll come back to that later.

and she lives with the priest there.
This is the part that concerns me a little. I've always been a bit wary about actual, human (or at least human-esque) characters living with the fandoms, because it just... doesn't make a ton of sense to me. It's sort of tricky to figure out where exactly to draw the line, because, I mean, Doctor Who has the TARDIS, which is sentient, but like... not in a very obvious way. And then I've been debating giving Steven Universe Lion, which is... a lion, and, yes, it is implied that that lion knows some shit and it is probably much more intelligent than an actual lion, but, it still acts much more like a cat than a human, soo... yeah.

I guess the basic way of putting it is that pets and not-super-human-like-machines are ok but people, not quite as much. Mostly because of that whole Toy Story analogy that I already explained to Gwazi but I really should make an official announcement about since I feel like a lot of people are confused on this, especially since I've been really lenient with @Utsuho about this lately and I really should clarify some things...

But yeah, bottom line is, not sure if I'm really cool with a human(oid) priest just kind of hanging out there.

And... I think that's about it for this CS. Oh! And there seems to be some weird formatting, too -- I'm assuming you didn't intend for entire fields to be bolded like that? I'm assuming this is the sort of thing that could be fixed with a readthrough when you're not super-tired.

RIGHT

SO

@Utsuho @AquaTheLita @Rithas @neobullseye @The Silver Paladin

WHILE I'M HERE

I really should elaborate on the "Toy Story analogy" that I mentioned in my recent response to Paladin's CS. I'm calling it the "Toy Story analogy" because I don't know what else to call it -- and because that's basically how I explained this to Gwazi when we discussed it in PM's earlier. This is an aspect of this RP that I've been super-unclear about for quite a while, I'm now realizing, so, this explanation is sort of long-overdue (and I'll probably add this to the OP, as well). But, because it would clear up a lot of confusion, and because it's sort of crucial to understanding the Dalek arc that's getting started, this is definitely something that I should explain now.

Ok, so, I'm assuming all of you have seen Toy Story (and if you haven't, then... why?? how????), and you're all at least vaguely familiar with the plot. And you probably recall that whole thing about Buzz being delusional for the longest time about thinking he's real as opposed to a toy, while all the other toys are aware of and mostly comfortable with their situation, and that Buzz remained delusional for quite some time, despite the overwhelming evidence that surrounded him.

That's basically how fandom-based entities operate in relation to the fandoms themselves. The fandoms know that they're fandoms and that their existence centers around some piece of media that they themselves are a huge fan of. But the other entities that are from that canon but aren't the fandoms themselves -- like all the monsters and things that a fandom might have -- not so much. They're more like Buzz, trapped in a delusion that they're still in their canon and that everything they know about their canon is real, and while it should be obvious that that isn't the case, they aren't seeing it because they're just interpreting everything around them as something that would make sense under their false understanding of reality.

You can see now why I'm so on-the-fence about human and humanoid beings living with a fandom in the Fandomverse, especially if they aren't antagonists or anything. It's one thing for a bunch of Pokemon, gem monsters, and basically anything that's a bit more animal-like or machine-like to act this way. But when it gets to very human-like things, especially beings that aren't antagonists that need to be dealt with periodically and instead just live with the fandoms as some sort of companion, that's when it just gets... weird. It's already been made clear that the Fandomverse is pretty much only where fandoms live, and there are no normal humans there. Creatures and monsters and things that are from a certain fandom's canon are fine, but more human-like things... yeah, it just doesn't make sense for there to be a bunch of fandom-based humans just sort of living out their lives like that in the Fandomverse. This is why I've always said something whenever a CS says something about a fandom living with/near a bunch of non-fandom people who are just... there.

It seems weird and messy for fandom-based entities (especially antagonists) to actually have an understanding of the whole fandom thing, but then, it would also be weird for so many fandom-based humans/humanoids to just go about their lives in the Fandomverse while being under such a delusion. Hopefully you can see why that's sort of different from things like Pokemon being fine, even if such creatures are a bit more intelligent than actual animals.

...I think the general rule of thumb is, if it can't talk, it's probably fine to have around. If it can talk... then it's debatable. I want to make sure that fandom-based humans/humanoids, particularly non-antagonistic ones, remain sparingly used.

This is something I've been very lenient with @Utsuho about recently, and I admit I should've spoken up sooner to prevent confusion, as it seems that his posts (which have been featuring a lot of fandom-based humans, or at least implying the existence of them) going by without me saying anything have been contributing to other people sharing that misunderstanding... I'm not going to tell you to edit what you've already posted, Utsuho, but, yeah, I just want to make sure everyone's on the same page regarding how things work here.

AND THAT BRINGS US TO... The Dalek arc. Remember how the Daleks and Cybermen in Gwazi's relatively recent post did understand the whole fandom thing? Yeah, that's not normal. ...This was originally just a mistake on Gwazi's part that I failed to act on, similarly to what I've been doing with Utsuho lately, but, I decided to do something interesting with this, and say that these particular Daleks/Cybermen are a bit of a special group... And it's important to understand this before entering said Dalek arc because, yeah, fandom-based enemies normally aren't like that -- and this is something that the fandoms would probably be a bit alarmed about if they found out about it.

...Hopefully all of this makes sense. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions if you're still confused.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I really should do something about the long absences of Yami and Ceph. Yami's practically been a drop-out in everything but name for a while now, and Ceph is certainly starting to get there, too... I was really hoping that Ceph would come back, but, I feel like I might have to assume she's a drop-out just for practicality's sake. :/ Thankfully, all of Yami and Ceph's characters (or at least, all the ones that are actually currently doing something in the IC, and aren't totally free characters already) are all in the TARDIS, which means I can just say that they opted not to go on the Museum Quest and stayed in Fandom Square. Easy to consider them drop-outs at that point.

I do want to say something:

Who would run services at that church, then?

Following church rules, Type-Moon can't do it, since I'm basically making her like a nun in this.

But then again, Type-Moon's church is different from the real church, so I guess that could give us some leeway there...

Anyway, I'll fix my CS in a few...

Following church rules, Type-Moon can't do it, since I'm basically making her like a nun in this.

But then again, Type-Moon's church is different from the real church, so I guess that could give us some leeway there...

I'm sure there'd be someone who could.

I mean, Night Vale manages a radio news station (well... the radio news station), which would otherwise be a rather niche role, so... I imagine plenty of fandoms like that would take up these sorts of roles in the city.

...Which reminds me, I really should work more on that idea of "communal" spaces in Fandom Square that I've put on the shelf for quite a while now...

...The Fandomverse really is in need of a lot of fleshing out, isn't it?

In the meantime, it isn't an issue that really needs to be addressed. It's fine to leave it unmentioned in your CS.

ALSO

If we're concerned about these sorts of niche roles being filled

I would like to remind you all that Trigun lives in and essentially manages a power plant.

We have an identifiable in-roleplay source for the electricity in Fandom Square.

...I think we can trust that, out of all the Fandoms in the Fandomverse, these roles will be filled by someone.

...But, if it makes things easier, @The Silver Paladin, you can also say that Type-Moon doesn't live in an actual church and instead her place is just designed to look like one, which would probably make more sense in this case.

If we're concerned about these sorts of niche roles being filled I would like to remind you all that Trigun lives in and essentially manages a power plant. We have an identifiable in-roleplay source for the electricity in Fandom Square. ...I think we can trust that, out of all the Fandoms in the Fandomverse, these roles will be filled by someone.

...But, if it makes things easier, @The Silver Paladin, you can also say that Type-Moon doesn't live in an actual church and instead her place is just designed to look like one, which would probably make more sense in this case.
Similarly, I could say that the Lighthouse part of Submachine's home isn't necessarily a working lighthouse. Though, it wouldn't be as tricky to explain why Sub runs his lighthouse home alone as it would be to explain why Type-Moon runs her church home alone. I don't think I've specified whether or not the Lighthouse actually works. In the context of Submachine 2, it could go either way. I don't think I need to decide this anytime soon, because I don't see a reason why any of the other fandoms would be there in the near future.
...I think the general rule of thumb is, if it can't talk, it's probably fine to have around. If it can talk... then it's debatable. I want to make sure that fandom-based humans/humanoids, particularly non-antagonistic ones, remain sparingly used
As far as any of the characters I have/plan to have, I think the only one this would apply to is Submachine, who I said in his CS has 3 cats. They're not secretly humanoid (or are they? DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN!), so they should be fine, right?

On second thought....DHM might apply to both of these things. A frigton of items in their house are alive like the teachers in the Puppets' house (though not all of them have limbs, or a 'lesson' to teach). Is there anything I should rethink or explain about this, as far as explanations for houses and humanoid awareness goes? The items aren't ENTIRELY humanoid, but they are sentient to some extent.

As far as any of the characters I have/plan to have, I think the only one this would apply to is Submachine, who I said in his CS has 3 cats. They're not secretly humanoid (or are they? DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN!), so they should be fine, right?

On second thought....DHM might apply to both of these things. A frigton of items in their house are alive like the teachers in the Puppets' house (though not all of them have limbs, or a 'lesson' to teach). Is there anything I should rethink or explain about this, as far as explanations for houses and humanoid awareness goes? The items aren't ENTIRELY humanoid, but they are sentient to some extent.
Both Submachine's cats and DHM's "teachers" are fine. I suppose the teachers slipped my mind when I typed up that rule of thumb -- it just seemed to be a running theme when I was thinking through what does and doesn't work. XD

I probably would've said something about it in the CS if I had a problem with anything. It's only IC mentions of these things that I've been neglecting to say anything about for far too long...

she lives with the priest there.
I'm so on-the-fence about human and humanoid beings living with a fandom in the Fandomverse, especially if they aren't antagonists or anything.

yP3vGog.jpg

I'd suspect another Fandom honestly.
Preferably one somewhat rooted in Religion.

Ok, I get what you're trying to say, but, I think it's still sort of a different case when said antagonist sort of lives with them, and isn't just some foe who turns up every so often...

Ok, I get what you're trying to say, but, I think it's still sort of a different case when said antagonist sort of lives with them, and isn't just some foe who turns up every so often...
If he does his job right no one will know he's the villain for several arcs to come. :P

Both Submachine's cats and DHM's "teachers" are fine. I suppose the teachers slipped my mind when I typed up that rule of thumb -- it just seemed to be a running theme when I was thinking through what does and doesn't work. XD
Ok cool.

But now that DHM's house has been brought up, I'm starting to think more about it... I suppose that those objects could be sort of like the 'villains' for the fandom in this setting, though they wouldn't be anything as dangerous like the dinosaurs for JW/JP, or cause big issues like the Trickster mode thing that happened before. At most they would just be annoying and cause little issues, like the lights turning themselves off because they think that DHM is wasting energy, or the radio turning on and distracting DHM from her art. And that's just within the house, so they aren't as comparable to the Cybermen and Daleks when it comes to sentience.

I do want to know...do the teachers in the series count as being 'humanoid'? They're still in object form, but they do have faces and arms, and Tony, Meat Guy, and Colin in the digital world have legs as well.

Err, I like the idea that maybe she's just a nun who runs the church, and claims that the priest is 'Absent' and she's filling the role of the priest.

Ok cool.

But now that DHM's house has been brought up, I'm starting to think more about it... I suppose that those objects could be sort of like the 'villains' for the fandom in this setting, though they wouldn't be anything as dangerous like the dinosaurs for JW/JP, or cause big issues like the Trickster mode thing that happened before. At most they would just be annoying and cause little issues, like the lights turning themselves off because they think that DHM is wasting energy, or the radio turning on and distracting DHM from her art. And that's just within the house, so they aren't as comparable to the Cybermen and Daleks when it comes to sentience.

I do want to know...do the teachers in the series count as being 'humanoid'? They're still in object form, but they do have faces and arms, and Tony, Meat Guy, and Colin in the digital world have legs as well.
Ehh... I don't think you really need to worry so much about semantics. I realize there will be blurry lines between what counts as an "antagonist" or "humanoid", etc... but those are all sort of just guiding factors in all this, anyway. Not exactly anything definitive.

Point is: I said the teachers are fine, so they're fine. No need to worry.

I'm gonna go edit my CS now...

Ehh... I don't think you really need to worry so much about semantics. I realize there will be blurry lines between what counts as an "antagonist" or "humanoid", etc... but those are all sort of just guiding factors in all this, anyway. Not exactly anything definitive.

Point is: I said the teachers are fine, so they're fine. No need to worry.

Yeah. I got that. I just suddenly had a thought that I wanted to type out and share. I like thinking out little details like that. Typing/saying them in conversation helps me think them out more clearly. I'm not making things unnecessarily complicated, am I? if I am I'll hold back on explaining stuff like that.

If he does his job right no one will know he's the villain for several arcs to come. :P

"Hey, uh, Type-Moon? Your priest seems evil to me."

"That information to confirm if you are right or wrong will not be divulged for several arcs."

"Fuck you, Type-Moon."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Yeah. I got that. I just suddenly had a thought that I wanted to type out and share. I like thinking out little details like that. Typing/saying them in conversation helps me think them out more clearly. I'm not making things unnecessarily complicated, am I? if I am I'll hold back on explaining stuff like that.
XD Oh, that's fine then. You just seemed hung up on whether or not the teachers were acceptable, and I wanted to make sure you knew that there was nothing to worry about.