• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Indeed, I agree...(Your Fandom Stuck one is probably the nicest one I've seen so far)

Suck it posers
Speaking about that one in specific: Kaga, could you post that banner in here? You guys/girls/other are making me curious.

Speaking about that one in specific: Kaga, could you post that banner in here? You guys/girls/other are making me curious.

Oh. Sure thing.

fandomstuckbanner.png

I mean, it's super-basic, and admittedly it took me like all of two minutes to make. But... given some of the things I've just said, I think, sometimes, basic is better. At the very least, readable is better.

Although I do also regret not putting the "Fandomstuck" bit in larger font. That probably would've made it easier to potentially lure people in with a familiar concept. But, bleh.

Edit: I also really wanted to put a soft white glow around the text, but unfortunately that wasn't possible with the online banner-maker that Iwaku provided a link to, so...

Edit2: Also for some reason I felt the need to use SBURB green (like right down to the hexidecimal) for the font color even though it's not a very Homestuck-based RP, so... not sure why I did that...

I like how some people just stole movie logos...

Edit: Kaga going super artist on her own banner...ta

Oh. Sure thing.

fandomstuckbanner.png

I mean, it's super-basic, and admittedly it took me like all of two minutes to make. But... given some of the things I've just said, I think, sometimes, basic is better. At the very least, readable is better.

Although I do also regret not putting the "Fandomstuck" bit in larger font. That probably would've made it easier to potentially lure people in with a familiar concept. But, bleh.

Edit: I also really wanted to put a soft white glow around the text, but unfortunately that wasn't possible with the online banner-maker that Iwaku provided a link to, so...

Edit2: Also for some reason I felt the need to use SBURB green (like right down to the hexinumeral) for the font color even though it's not a very Homestuck-based RP, so... not sure why I did that...
Eh, I like it regardless, so... Yay? Here, have this cookie as a reward! :D

Also, I just found another noteworthy banner:
uHMlXbG.png

What exactly is ths RP supposed to be about? The first thing that came to mind was a Pokémon RP or something, with the symbols standing for Badges. Extremely simple-looking Badges, but Badges nonetheless. But apparently it's some kind of fantasy RP... Also, note the ridiculously tiny text on the far left side. How is anyone supposed to be able to read that, or even notice it without pressing his nose against the screen?

uHMlXbG.png

What exactly is ths RP supposed to be about? The first thing that came to mind was a Pokémon RP or something, with the symbols standing for badges. Extremely simple-looking badges. But apparently it's some kind of fantasy RP... Also, note the ridiculously tiny text on the far left side.
I saw that and wow I didn't even notice the text...WHY MAKE IT SO SMALL!

Tch, I thought it was pokemon or something as well...Aside from it having seven badges instead of eight

]Edit: Kaga going super artist on her own banner...ta

"Ta"?

Also, like I said, I spent two minutes on that... I wouldn't call that "super artist" but ok... ^^"

uHMlXbG.png

What exactly is ths RP supposed to be about? The first thing that came to mind was a Pokémon RP or something, with the symbols standing for Badges. Extremely simple-looking Badges, but Badges nonetheless. But apparently it's some kind of fantasy RP... Also, note the ridiculously tiny text on the far left side. How is anyone supposed to be able to read that, or even notice it without pressing his nose against the screen?

Barring the tiny text on the left, I'd say this is actually a rather well-made banner. I mean, a banner doesn't need to tell you what the RP is about -- it just needs to get your attention. Some of the best (and also most well-designed) banners I've seen feature no text, but in doing so, they manage to make me curious about the RP and therefore I wanna see what it is. And that's what advertisements for those sorts of things should do -- make you interested. I mean, think about it, you clicked on that banner because you wanted to see what the RP was about. You looked at that OOC. I'd say that's a success.

Edit: Honestly it seems like a lot of people try too hard to include a lot of text in their banners and that just hurts their design...

bwoodmother.png

Ah spider SO SCARY,....what does this do with the rp?

Man, Now I can't keep looking at the banners

Did anyone see the rp with silhouettes of families, then the world family in an arch over each picture?

Meh, This is to do with my own opinion blah blah blah

I'm a gonna go to bed before I turn too snobby

I'm already too snobby

@Kaga: I made a minor edit to your banner. Why? Because I felt like it. Anyway, here it is :P

2nVBIsQ.jpg

So? Better or worse? The only thing that has been changed was adding a very light grey half-outline to the large letters (for now), creating a 3D-like effect. Similiarly, the effect on the left letters is a mirrored version of the ones on the right, which should create even more depth. ...I may have managed to put said effect on backwards though, now that I look at it. Eh, that's what I get for trying to be creative when I should be trying to sleep >_>.

@Kaga: I made a minor edit to your banner. Why? Because I felt like it. Anyway, here it is :P

2nVBIsQ.jpg

So? Better or worse? The only thing that has been changed was adding a very light grey half-outline to the large letters (for now), creating a 3D-like effect. Similiarly, the effect on the left letters is a mirrored version of the ones on the right, which should create even more depth. ...I may have managed to put said effect on backwards though, now that I look at it. Eh, that's what I get for trying to be creative when I should be trying to sleep >_>.

o3o Yeah, not bad! Definitely makes it more eye-catching... I tried to put a solid white outline on it (since a soft glow wasn't available) but it was just too thick to look good. So... yeah.

My computer's gone stupid, so mobile iwaku it is. I'll be a while before I can get a good IC post in with just mobile. We'll see how this works out.

My computer's gone stupid, so mobile iwaku it is. I'll be a while before I can get a good IC post in with just mobile. We'll see how this works out.

Well, Indy said she'd be gone for a few days, too, so I don't think you have to worry about holding anyone up.

Not sure if Sherlock's AC Prediction there counts as God Modding or not.
I tried to avoid it by making it so he never saw/found him, and it never actually controlling anyone else.
Plus, I figured Sherlock would have a knack for predicting such things, cause Sherlock.

But if people do have an issue, please say so and I can change the post.

Not sure if Sherlock's AC Prediction there counts as God Modding or not.
I tried to avoid it by making it so he never saw/found him, and it never actually controlling anyone else.
Plus, I figured Sherlock would have a knack for predicting such things, cause Sherlock.

But if people do have an issue, please say so and I can change the post.

It looked like a reasonable deduction to me. :P

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Wait.

Nazi Daleks

...Nazi Daleks.

Let it officially be known that that is a combination of words that happened in a thread that I run. Nazi Daleks.

I think that beats "space weed" for strangest-thing-that-could-happen-but-did in one of my RP's.

• Thank You
Sometimes I wonder if it's too late to add more Homestuck stuff...

Like I still want the RP to be all-inclusive but man I just can't stop thinking about god tiers and grimdarks and things...

Hmm... maybe with Homestuck's fandom-powers...

Reactions: Indabayou
And on that note,

ScreenShot2015-01-21at84124AM.png

I think I'll just leave this here.

Sooo... I just found a comedy video on Youtube -- from a creator whose humor normally revolves around sass and making fun of people -- that is entirely centered around religion and managed to not be offensive.

I feel like I just discovered the city of Atlantis, proof of life on other planets, and a cure for cancer all at the same time.

And yes, I did post this comment on both my OOC's because WOW that is a rare thing to find.

Link for those interested.

Wait.
...Nazi Daleks.
Let it officially be known that that is a combination of words that happened in a thread that I run. Nazi Daleks.
I think that beats "space weed" for strangest-thing-that-could-happen-but-did in one of my RP's.
doctor_who_nazi_daleks_by_doctorwhoone-d6h17a0.jpg

I think I'll just leave this here.
:3

Sooo... I just found a comedy video on Youtube -- from a creator whose humor normally revolves around sass and making fun of people -- that is entirely centered around religion and managed to not be offensive.

I feel like I just discovered the city of Atlantis, proof of life on other planets, and a cure for cancer all at the same time.

And yes, I did post this comment on both my OOC's because WOW that is a rare thing to find.

Link for those interested.
Sadly I've ran into people who would still take offense to that. :/

I thought you might like that.

Although then this post pointed out to me quite the potential flaw in that plan.

So.

Um.

Yeah.

Sadly I've ran into people who would still take offense to that. :/

Well then they're just thin-skinned.

I go to church regularly and I see nothing wrong here but maybe that's just me. *shrugs*