• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
AAAAUGH has anyone ever had one of those moments when you just have this sudden urge to re-watch a movie that you haven't seen in ages but you remember watching like a thousand times as a kid and now you just really want to see it again and not so much out of nostalgia so much as the fact that you suddenly just can't get over the fact that this film is a fucking masterpiece?!

Because that's me right now aaaah...

AAAAUGH has anyone ever had one of those moments when you just have this sudden urge to re-watch a movie that you haven't seen in ages but you remember watching like a thousand times as a kid and now you just really want to see it again and not so much out of nostalgia so much as the fact that you suddenly just can't get over the fact that this film is a fucking masterpiece?!

Because that's me right now aaaah...
Yeah :D

But which movie?

(Is the one movie that everyone talks about that has never watched....aside from starwars)

SEE, I WAS WORRIED YOU MIGHT SAY THAT because like I dunno I mean Fantasia sort of seems like it would be hard to get someone to like as an adult...? Which is weird because that makes it sound like I just love it because nostalgia but like... no, I love it because it's a one-of-a-kind experience and you'll never see anything else like it. Well, except for maybe the sequel that came out 60 years later, but even that doesn't quite hold up to the original. Just doesn't have the same feel.

And like, I feel like, if I ever recommend Fantasia to someone, that they'd just be disappointed by it, or that I have to tell them ahead of time that they need to have a really open mind in order to enjoy it, because it's just so unlike anything else, but like... man, I don't think I've ever met anyone who has seen it that didn't say it was downright enchanting because it's just aaaaugh.

And this is why I need to see it again.

Because look at me freaking out here.

And yet, I haven't seen it in so long... O_O

SEE, I WAS WORRIED YOU MIGHT SAY THAT because like I dunno I mean Fantasia sort of seems like it would be hard to get someone to like as an adult...? Which is weird because that makes it sound like I just love it because nostalgia but like... no, I love it because it's a one-of-a-kind experience and you'll never see anything else like it. Well, except for maybe the sequel that came out 60 years later, but even that doesn't quite hold up to the original. Just doesn't have the same feel.

And like, I feel like, if I ever recommend Fantasia to someone, that they'd just be disappointed by it, or that I have to tell them ahead of time that they need to have a really open mind in order to enjoy it, because it's just so unlike anything else, but like... man, I don't think I've ever met anyone who has seen it that didn't say it was downright enchanting because it's just aaaaugh.

And this is why I need to see it again.

Because look at me freaking out here.

And yet, I haven't seen it in so long... O_O
And now I can never see it....*Fades into the distance*

Go watch it then, forgot your priorities! go see a movie that's apparently rather old

And now I can never see it....*Fades into the distance*

*blink, blink* I don't see why not.

I mean, I'm sure you can find it somewhere and watch it if you really want to.

...So long as you know what you're getting into, anyway, since I can easily see someone getting disappointed if they don't know ahead of time what Fantasia actually is. And that there's really no overarching plot. And that most of the segments don't have plots. And that it has this extremely laid-back pacing to it. ...And that it's basically just classical music set to animation, which sounds lame but holy shit does it create an amazing atmosphere. owo

Go watch it then, forgot your priorities! go see a movie that's apparently rather old

But yes, it is very old. Made in the 1940's.

That's so long ago that Disney had only made a small handful of full-length films before it.

Additionally, I discovered just now while looking it up on Netflix that apparently Mickey Mouse in this movie was voiced by WALT DISNEY HIMSELF and if you don't think that's the dopest shit ever then you can just go home.

Also, I'd just like to take a moment to appreciate the fact that yes, Mickey Mouse is in this movie and yet somehow his presence doesn't break the epic tone of it all.

It probably helps that they made him a wizard.

*blink, blink* I don't see why not.

I mean, I'm sure you can find it somewhere and watch it if you really want to.

...So long as you know what you're getting into, anyway, since I can easily see someone getting disappointed if they don't know ahead of time what Fantasia actually is. And that there's really no overarching plot. And that most of the segments don't have plots. And that it has this extremely laid-back pacing to it. ...And that it's basically just classical music set to animation, which sounds lame but holy shit does it create an amazing atmosphere. owo

But yes, it is very old. Made in the 1940's.

That's so long ago that Disney had only made a small handful of full-length films before it.

Additionally, I discovered just now while looking it up on Netflix that apparently Mickey Mouse in this movie was voiced by WALT DISNEY HIMSELF and if you don't think that's the dopest shit ever then you can just go home.

Also, I'd just like to take a moment to appreciate the fact that yes, Mickey Mouse is in this movie and yet somehow his presence doesn't break the epic tone of it all.

It probably helps that they made him a wizard.
Nothing better than micky the wizzy

Nothing better than micky the wizzy

Except for seeing SATAN HIMSELF JUST BASKING IN PURE EVIL IN THE MULTICOLORED FLAMES OF HELL AS DEMONS SWARM AROUND HIM AND HE THROWS THEM INTO THE FLAMES AS THEIR BODIES MORPH INTO HIDEOUS BEASTS WITH HIM WATCHING AND LAUGHING BUT THEY KEEP CRAWLING BACK FOR MORE ONLY FOR HIM TO JUST CASUALLY TOSS THEM INTO THE ABYSS BELOW because that's basically the "climax" of the movie if you can call it that.

Also there's DANCING MUSHROOMS and FAIRIES and CENTAURS and GREEK GODS and ABSTRACT VISUALS and SCIENTIFICALLY INACCURATE DINOSAURS and, yes, Mickey Mouse as a wizard.

...I mean not all at the same time but yeah.

Except for seeing SATAN HIMSELF JUST BASKING IN PURE EVIL IN THE MULTICOLORED FLAMES OF HELL AS DEMONS SWARM AROUND HIM AND HE THROWS THEM INTO THE FLAMES AS THEIR BODIES MORPH INTO HIDEOUS BEASTS WITH HIM WATCHING AND LAUGHING BUT THEY KEEP CRAWLING BACK FOR MORE ONLY FOR HIM TO JUST CASUALLY TOSS THEM INTO THE ABYSS BELOW because that's basically the "climax" of the movie if you can call it that.

Also there's DANCING MUSHROOMS and FAIRIES and CENTAURS and GREEK GODS and ABSTRACT VISUALS and SCIENTIFICALLY INACCURATE DINOSAURS and, yes, Mickey Mouse as a wizard.

Oh, I saw the whole Satan one, but that's all...Pretty awesome looking tho.

I mean, if it happened all the time it would distract from the greatness.

Oh, I saw the whole Satan one, but that's all...Pretty awesome looking tho.

derp_zps7d4eee7d.png
Well then you should see the whole thing because all the segments are just gorgeous.

...Sounds interesting. And by interesting, I mean "what were they using when they made this shit?" XD

...Sounds interesting. And by interesting, I mean "what were they using when they made this shit?" XD

MR. DISNEY KNEW VERY WELL WHAT HE WAS DOING AND IT WAS BRILLIANT.

On a sidenote: You guys/girls/genderless beings might or might not have heard already, but SGDQ has started again. For those who do not know what that is: Awesome/Summer Games Done Quick is a biannual event, in which a whole bunch of speedrunners gather and do their stuff in a week-long marathon for charity. To put into perspective just how popular this event is: they're only five hours in and already they've gathered almost 50K.

On a sidenote: You guys/girls/genderless beings might or might not have heard already, but SGDQ has started again. For those who do not know what that is: Awesome/Summer Games Done Quick is a biannual event, in which a whole bunch of speedrunners gather and do their stuff in a week-long marathon for charity. To put into perspective just how popular this event is: they're only five hours in and already they've gathered almost 50K.

Where literally all the footage for "*Insert game* speed run" comes from

@Kaga-kun I REMEMBER WATCHING THAT MOVIE AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT'S BEEN SAID

RIIIIIIIGHT???

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive by mail...