• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
I still don't see it.
You don't see what I'm looking at or you don't see how the horror of Cthulhu's tentacles coming out of a woman's head is creepy?

You don't see what I'm looking at or you don't see how the horror of Cthulhu's tentacles coming out of a woman's head is creepy?

As I said before, I don't see why it's creepy.

I fail to see why a few tentacles would be so unnerving.

As I said before, I don't see why it's creepy.

I fail to see why a few tentacles would be so unnerving.
Imagine instead of tentacles you saw arms coming out of her head, or faces.....or spider legs or something.

Things on her head that really shouldn't be coming out of her head.

Imagine instead of tentacles you saw arms coming out of her head, or faces.....or spider legs or something.

Things on her head that really shouldn't be coming out of her head.

Firstly, I still don't think it would be that bad, depending on how it's executed.

Secondly, the "what ifs" in this case are pretty much meaningless. I could say "what if" your avatar was wearing a tie-dye T-shirt, but it doesn't matter because he isn't.

But really, the tentacles don't bother me. They look just fine imo.

Also, if we are playing the "what if" game, then I could also say -- what if she had horns or insect antennae or maybe even tiny wings? All of those are things that shouldn't normally be coming out of a person's head, but could easily look nice if done right.

Firstly, I still don't think it would be that bad, depending on how it's executed.

Secondly, the "what ifs" in this case are pretty much meaningless. I could say "what if" your avatar was wearing a tie-dye T-shirt, but it doesn't matter because he isn't.

But really, the tentacles don't bother me. They look just fine imo.

Also, if we are playing the "what if" game, then I could also say -- what if she had horns or insect antennae or maybe even tiny wings? All of those are things that shouldn't normally be coming out of a person's head, but could easily look nice if done right.
A tie-dye T-shirt would keep me awake at night :P

O_O IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL THE ANIME YOU'RE WATCHING SUDDENLY SWITCHES TO SOUTH PARK STYLE ANIMATION AND VOICES AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO REACT.

O_O IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL THE ANIME YOU'RE WATCHING SUDDENLY SWITCHES TO SOUTH PARK STYLE ANIMATION AND VOICES AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO REACT.
uh-huh...

are you still watching flcl or are you watching gurren lagaan???

are you still watching flcl or are you watching gurren lagaan???

...YOU MEAN FLCL'S NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES THAT???

...YOU MEAN FLCL'S NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES THAT???
uhhhh yeah

Gurren Lagaan, FLCL, Space Dandy, Bleach (from the first 40-80 episodes which are the same but then changes later), Akiyuki Shinbou is known for making stuff that does that, Shaft does that with its anime projects like Bakemonogatari, an uhh probably more but those are the first that came to mind

uhhhh yeah

Gurren Lagaan, FLCL, Space Dandy, Bleach (from the first 40-80 episodes which are the same but then changes later), Akiyuki Shinbou is known for making stuff that does that, Shaft does that with its anime projects like Bakemonogatari, an uhh probably more but those are the first that came to mind

...I don't think you read my post correctly.

I didn't say I was super shocked by just any animation change. I'm aware that lots of animes change animation styles.

I said that it's animation style changed -- mid-episode and without warning or transition -- to that of SOUTH PARK.

And they didn't even make a joke about it, either. The whole show just went South Park for like ten seconds and then changed back as if it never happened.

...I don't think you read my post correctly.

I didn't say I was super shocked by just any animation change. I'm aware that lots of animes change animation styles.

I said that it's animation style changed -- mid-episode and without warning or transition -- to that of SOUTH PARK.

And they didn't even make a joke about it, either. The whole show just went South Park for like ten seconds and then changed back as if it never happened.
oh well then it's maybe just gurren and flcl then

oh well then it's maybe just gurren and flcl then

...So Gurren really also did the South Park thing, and you're convinced there are possibly others??

...Do you know what South Park is? Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

Because it feels like there's some sort of disconnect here.

...So Gurren really also did the South Park thing, and you're convinced there are possibly others??

...Do you know what South Park is? Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

Because it feels like there's some sort of disconnect here.
i assure you, i've been shown south park before, i know

i just don't know why this surprises you? like if school days or boku no pico could be an actual thing then i just don't see it as that much of a stretch to have animation changes that go to south park levels???

i assure you, i've been shown south park before, i know

i just don't know why this surprises you? like if school days or boku no pico could be an actual thing then i just don't see it as that much of a stretch to have animation changes that go to south park levels???

Are you saying you wouldn't be the list bit shocked if an anime changed, without warning, to those flat-looking cutout-style things, complete with high-pitched voices and all? And then changed right back?

Also, because I really do want to know, did Gurren Lagann really do this as well?

Are you saying you wouldn't be the list bit shocked if an anime changed, without warning, to those flat-looking cutout-style things, complete with high-pitched voices and all? And then changed right back?

Also, because I really do want to know, did Gurren Lagann really do this as well?
Completely honest? I'd think I'd just be unimpressed. They could try something a bit more original if they wanted to shock me/get me to pay attention/whatever the point of the animation change was.

And yeah, GL did it in episode... 4, I think?

Completely honest? I'd think I'd just be unimpressed. They could try something a bit more original if they wanted to shock me/get me to pay attention/whatever the point of the animation change was.

And yeah, GL did it in episode... 4, I think?

tumblr_nj1atpBAa31u9bhcro1_400.gif

Ok.

Never mind me then.

Ok, just got back from a Con.
Did I miss anything?

Ok, just got back from a Con.
Did I miss anything?
Death and Destruction, All eight realms burned!

You hear that Gwazi, that's the screams of children being burned alive, a few of them put themselves out with only scraps of charred flesh. THEN THEY GET SET ON FIRE AGAIN. Mothers wail, Fathers....fucking do something I dunno man. People Die okay!? Jesus, expecting me to write giant stories about how people die. People die okay? That's life Gwazi!

While you were gone LIFE HAPPENED GWAZI, YOU KILLED US ALL GWAZI! WAKE UP GWAZI. THOSE VOICES OUR US. LISTEN!
LISTEN!
LISTEN!
LISTEN!
LISTEN!
LISTEN!
LISTEN!

lISteN!

Also I made brownies you want some?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum