• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Well, I do agree on this bit. I was just wondering how screwed the more 'normal' Fandoms would be when one of the ridiculously OP Fandoms would get turned, for mental amusement reasons.

Well I meeeeaaaan it's not like Trickster Mode makes you more powerful (aside from the power of flight and I guess sheer energy/willpower), but like... yeah.

Speakinf of the Beatles though... Aren't you supposed to post for him, or are you still waiting on someone else?

I was waiting for Kat to post for Supernatural.

Well, sort of. The latter is drawn into a (pointless) quest to save the Turned Fandoms (which will undoubtly involve lots of violence towards innocent humans). Aside from that though; yeah, both have pretty much avoided the entire Trickster Arc... For now >=D

*blink, blink* Wait. There are Tricksters in the human realm? Since when?

True, RvB's basically been hired to this death. :P

Though it just dawned on me that both of my Fandoms spent their time in the human realm, which is probably how they've avoided the whole arc.

Yeah, pretty much.

*blink, blink* Wait. There are Tricksters in the human realm? Since when?
No, there aren't any Tricksters in the human realm. It's just that FF is searching for a 'cure' to the Trickster thing. Now, where is every single plot-important item stored in the FF-verse? Right, in a dungeon. And since he's looking for a medicine to a curse, the most likely tipe of dungeon where it will be stored is an 'alchemy lab'. In short, FF and RvB are going to raid a chemical lab. One of the two will see any resistance as Random Encounters, and the other is batshit insane. So yeah XD

As for the 'pointless' bit: Obviously, there is no cure for Trickster infection. Not that FF knows this, but yeah.

No, there aren't any Tricksters in the human realm. It's just that FF is searching for a 'cure' to the Trickster thing. Now, where is every single plot-important item stored in the FF-verse? Right, in a dungeon. And since he's looking for a medicine to a curse, the most likely tipe of dungeon where it will be stored is an 'alchemy lab'. In short, FF and RvB are going to raid a chemical lab. One of the two will see any resistance as Random Encounters, and the other is batshit insane. So yeah XD

As for the 'pointless' bit: Obviously, there is no cure for Trickster infection. Not that FF knows this, but yeah.

Ah, ok. That makes sense.

Suddenly I feel like it really should be some fandom's job to (try to) stop crazies like FF and RvB from drawing so much attention to themselves in the human realm all the time. After all, they really aren't supposed to.

But who would fill that role, I wonder...

NO WAIT EVEN BETTER!

Oh, good, so I wasn't the only one thinking it. XD

Yeah, at his age, he probably would feel the need to babysit some of these nuts. :P Not to mention it carries over well from the whole "you can't just mess with time willy-nilly, there are rules!" philosophy that the show has.

Oh, good, so I wasn't the only one thinking it. XD

Yeah, at his age, he probably would feel the need to babysit some of these nuts. :P Not to mention it carries over well from the whole "you can't just mess with time willy-nilly, there are rules!" philosophy that the show has.
And Sherlock would probably want to stop the kids from blowing the Fandoms cover too.

Just do something like the TARDIS get's the call and the group goes rushing off.

Yeah, at his age, he probably would feel the need to babysit some of these nuts.
Implying that there are non-nutcase Fandoms.

Finally got a Mega Post up. Touhou and FF will follow tomorrow. For now, I'm going to play as the Sleepyface Fandom. *collapses into his bed*

And Sherlock would probably want to stop the kids from blowing the Fandoms cover too.

Just do something like the TARDIS get's the call and the group goes rushing off.

Pshhhh, like Sherlock isn't one of the younger fandoms, too.
gray.gif

On a more serious note: How screwed would everyone be if someone like Touhou or Madoka was Tricksterified?
If Madoka was able to be Tricksterized:

A) She would already be by now

B) She would not have been available to save the other fandoms

C) You all would be SUPER FUCKED

Also by "binge-watch" how much do you mean at once? O.o Cuz like I can't even sit through more than one episode of Sherlock at a time. I mean I like it a lot, but... my brain needs a break, yo. They're so long that I can only watch one episode at a time.

I've tried going for longer, and that usually just results in me watching the first 5-10 minutes of the next episode and then thinking "yeeaaaaah no" and doing something else.

YES IT'S MAGNIFICENT

I'M GETTING ALL THESE REFERENCES I WASN'T EARLIER
I FEEL LIKE I CAN ACCOMPLISH SO MUCH NOW

I KNOW ISN'T IT A GREAT FEELING TO UNDERSTAND REFERENCES THAT YOU DIDN'T BEFORE AND LIKE

I SHOULD WATCH DOCTOR WHO

Wait you mean you hadn't yet? O.o

Well then yes.

You definitely should. o.o

I'm going to refrain from offering my unpopular opinion about how to start Doctor Who unless you really want to hear it.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Wait you mean you hadn't yet? O.o
Alright no, I have watched some of it. And by some, I mean most of 11's episodes. Fun story: my first exposure to Doctor Who was Angels take Manhattan and I didn't even have an emotional investment in Amy and Rory before that. IT WAS A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I CRIED JUST A BIT. NOT A LOT, REALLY. JUST, TEAR. HONEST.

I'm going to refrain from offering my unpopular opinion about how to start Doctor Who unless you really want to hear it.
Tell meeeee

Alright no, I have watched some of it. And by some, I mean most of 11's episodes. Fun story: my first exposure to Doctor Who was Angels take Manhattan and I didn't even have an emotional investment in Amy and Rory before that. IT WAS A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I CRIED JUST A BIT. NOT A LOT, REALLY. JUST, TEAR. HONEST.

IT'S OK MY FIRST EXPOSURE TO CLASSIC WHO AT LEAST WAS ALSO A COMPANION DEPARTURE EPISODE AND I CRIED FOR THAT, TOO.

ALTHOUGH THAT MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT IT BECAME KNOWN AS ONE OF THE MOST SHOCKING AND HEARTBREAKING DEPARTURES OF DOCTOR WHO HISTORY. BUT STILL.

Man re-watching that episode after I'd actually gotten to know Adric well was just brutal. D:

Tell meeeee

Oh, hahahahah, weeeeell... if you already started watching Doctor Who out-of-order then I suppose I wouldn't be called a heretic for suggesting such a thing.

So like, if you're already used to skipping around then I guess now might be a good time to watch it straight-forward. Or just skip around with some other New Who Doctors and get a feel for them, too.

People place way too much importance on watching episodes in order in this show and it really isn't necessary if you ask me. :/ The show is pretty much designed so that you can jump in at almost any time. That's why most episodes (pre-Moffat at least) are stand-alone stories. And even in Moffat's era, not only are a good chunk of stories still stand-alone but, at the very least, you can certainly watch any season in isolation without much consequence.

It kind of bugs me to see people tell everyone that they can't skip Nine and have to slog through all of season 1 when, honestly, season 1 was kind of a mess. Granted, it was a mess for a good reason since the reboot still had no idea what it wanted to be and was trying to appeal to way too many audiences at once, but still. Add to that the fact that Nine is just generally unpopular compared to the other Doctors and this idea that everyone has to start with those episodes turns a lot of people off to the show when they might really enjoy some of the later stuff.

I was introduced to Doctor Who out-of-order and, if I'd started from 2005's season 1, I probably wouldn't have really gotten into it the same way I did when some of my first episodes were Girl in the Fireplace and Silence in the Library. Of course, I did come back to Nine later and watch the rest of the 2005 series in-order (cuz, I mean, I don't hate Nine or anything...), and I enjoyed a good chunk of those episodes -- but it helped knowing that the show would change and evolve a ton from that point.

Plus, skipping around tends to give the episodes great re-watchability. Turn Left was epic enough the first time I watched it -- and it was even better after I'd just watched all of season 4 and I understood a lot of the references they made to earlier episodes. Really, I tell people about Doctor Who's re-watchability a lot when I tell people to watch the Classic series, because a ton of New Who episodes are so much better after you've seen the Classics, even if New Who was awesome enough to watch in the first place. Watching New Who by itself in chunks sort of works the same way. Lots of episodes are good by themselves and you don't really need a ton of background knowledge to understand them. Sure, understanding what came before makes each episode even better, but, hey, that just means you get to see each episode from more than one perspective and have it be awesome each time for different reasons.

[/unpopular opinion]

Nah, I actually agreed with most of that since most of the DW episodes I watch are usually when I'm bored and turn the Direct Tv thing on so I have no choice but to watch them out of order in the first place. I mean, I've watched a majority of 11's episodes, a few of 9's and more of 10's so it'll hardly be too big of a problem for me to just random click episodes to watch