Deathstroke put his pistol away and relented. No point in wasting a bullet. "Okay oldtimer, just don't get too handsy." Deathstroke watched Mastermind take the gardener's hand and walk off. What could he possibly want to discuss? Who was that guy anyway?

Deathstroke looks towards scarecrow. "Follow me." Getting inside was rather easy, that ease Deathstroke tense. '"Doom is rather cocky, cocky enough to have such an easy hole in his security. Is he so confident that he doesn't think any enemies would want to get to someone here?''" Deathstroke had joined Ghost, taking note of the few guards and servants. "I bet every one of them is armed to the teth android."

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Michale CS
Dr crane nods silently and follows along. He never really was a talker this trip and didn't show signs if changing soon. He did seem alert for tge record, a trained operative could see he was taking in his surroundings well. No doubt he was getting ready for trouble if it happened without giving too much away.

• Ah Seen It
Even with Deathstroke nearby now The Ghost was edgy and didn't want to risk vocal or even electronic communications being intercepted.

She pauses... feeling intensely foolish she figures after a moment 'What the Hell....' and begins to concentrate very hard and very LOUDLY attempts to think-send

"Hey Mind Games Lady! I dunno if you can hear this but if you can... conference call the boys and tell them that the reason this place has Shite for security is because it doesn't need it! It's Surrounded? Penetrated? Permeated? by a field like what happened to me, so unless they fancy themselves bein' large smears of Vegemite on the floor, we need to rethink our approach..."

• Haha
Bane weighs his options. Dealing the metal door would easy by ripping the door off it, but it will cause to much sounds. So, he walk over went over the vents. He stares at one fan spinning. He suddenly raps his rope around one of the fan blades. Bane tightens his grip on the rope.Using enough strength to slow the fan down enough to go step through the gap.
@Michale CS @Cush Almighty @Gands @Ringmaster

@LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!

Bane weighs his options. Dealing the metal door would easy by ripping the door off it, but it will cause to much sounds. So, he walk over went over the vents. He stares at one fan spinning. He suddenly raps his rope around one of the fan blades. Bane tightens his grip on the rope.Using enough strength to slow the fan down enough to go step through the gap.

The fan ground to a halt, and Bane was barely able to drop in before the rope gave way - Between the power of the motor and Bane's strength, the rope didn't stand a chance. Now, he was in a ventilation duct. This was... very, very cramped for the big man, and dark. He could try to crawl to the vent he saw ahead of him about ten feet away, there was a little light coming through it, and he heard the sound of muffled conversation coming up from it. Going back up was not an option, as the rope was shredded and he had no way to turn around in such a small space. Alteratively he could very easily break out of the duct, but that would be noisy and drop him into an unknown room below.

@Breach

James Hunter

James offered a smile to JENI, though she couldn't see it. " Thank you, JENI for telling me that. I'll make sure to take it with me," he replied back to her, making sure that it was secured onto his ear carefully and precisely.

James didn't acknowledge the fact that he probably should have scouted ahead to find a guard that matched his build or was close to it.

Maybe it was to save face in the future that he wouldn't admit that he hadn't think about it. The first part of the plan had gone off without a hitch, he was able to destroy the camera so nobody would be able to see him knock out the guard. Knocking out the guard was also easy, seeing as he could use his powers against him.

James had never wished his father was Plastic Man more in any moment than right now. This wouldn't be a problem if his father was a hero who could shift his body, but alas, his father was as unknown as his mother to him. He managed to get the pants on easily and he decided to ignore the fact that he had gotten belched in his face by a man who liked garlic. He had been through worse, hell, he had slept near a corpse in Central Park. Luckily, he hadn't touched it and the cops were there long after he was gone. He looked over at Rumlow and he was grateful.... when he helped him.

It was too bad James was one as well.

He was relieved that he had found the overcoat. It was far from his worst disguise, but it was not his best either. He kept the keycard and the salty Licorice and took 1/4 of the nicotine chewing gum. " Sure, that makes sense to me. Here take some chewing gum. I think it's for nicotine addiction." He didn't wait for a response before heading for an entrance and using the keycard. " JENI, what is the number of guards employed here?"
"Official records indicate thirty seven employees with access to this facility. Since it is a twenty four hour operation and assuming 8 hour shifts, it is safe to assume there are twelve guards on shift at any one time and one supervisor." JENI replied. James did indeed find a way in and no one even looked his way as it started to snow, and those people outside started heading into various buildings. He also noticed the building that Grid-had earlier, the tall one with the area around it cleared out and two guards who weren't budging - despite the snow - in front of it.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Under guise of a guard, he'd approach the cafeteria, letting himself in as he looked for a kitchen worker and spoke.

"Hey, could I ask a favor? Could I make a quick lunch for the administrator? There's been a cock-up with the food and I'd rather the boss was just mad instead of mad and hungry."

If he managed to get it, he'd use it as his ticket towards administration, seeking a likely person who'd have access to records to the prisoners...And their subsequent cells.
One of the cooks looked at Grid and rattled off at him... "De când avem un paznic american? Vorbește Latverian? Nu te putem înțelege. "

A couple other employees looked at him skeptically and moved off, going back to cooking.

That first cook, a woman just over six feet tall, just put her hands on her hips, waiting for him to speak in a language she could understand.

@Ringmaster

Meaghan aka Lady Mastermind

Meaghan watched the mental apparition and listened when it spoke. She couldn't hide being impressed with the power and ability it took to do this.

"This will take a moment folks, I"ll be back shortly"

She takes his arm and walks off with him.

Once they had taken a few steps, the whole area seemed to change. They were in a cozy looking room, appointed in a way that seemed very Nordic. He gestured to a low couch that sat in front of a warming fire. "I cannot intervene in my usual fashion, because, well, even I have to admit that the ruler of this land has some remarkable magical protections. I however, have been watching his activities for some time now, at my brother's behest. My brother and I are not on the best of terms, but when he told me that Doom has designs on obtaining the Norn Stones, well, that's where it caught my attention. These stones, should he obtain them, could give him the ability to alter reality itself. Very few creatures know where the stones are hidden - I don't. If I did, well... we wouldn't be having this conversation. But I am concerned that if he works with this target of yours, he would be able to glean that information from the mind of one of the few people who do... and both I and my brother would very much want to prevent that."

He stood, changing his appearance to one that no longer pretended he wasn't who he indicated he was earlier. "But I'm being rude. Would you like some hot cocoa, or a pastry perhaps?" A platter of such appeared between his outstretched hands and he set it on a small end table by the couch where Meaghan sat. "The top floor of that mansion is quite unassailable, normally. However..." He drew a narrow sliver of crystal from his coat. "This is a shattered bit of an alternate reality's Cosmic Cube. I've given it a singular purpose. To collapse all quantum instabilities around it. This will enable you to enter the top floor of the mansion, and if your spectral friend keeps it on her person, she will no longer need her treatments."

After a bit of pacing, he continued. "Of course, this may strike you as overly generous, especially considering my dubious character. But you see, I do get something out of this. I want Sterns. Now, I know what you're thinking... Loki only wants Sterns to use him to locate the Norn Stones for himself, and while I do admit that did cross my mind, that isn't my motivation. You see, I'm dying. Slowly, to be sure as I have many healing magics at my disposal, but in my tinkering, I inadvertently exposed myself to a fairly large dose of Gamma Radiation, and it's slowly overcoming my ability to fight it off. I had my brother contact the other expert on such things in Midgard, but he flatly refused - and I cannot say I blame him. I need Sterns to purge my body of the radiation, which I know he can do. After that, I give my most sincerest oath and will even swear upon a geas to turn the man over to you. If I go in there on my own, I will most certainly attract Doom's attention instantly, and in my current weakened state, I doubt that I could overcome him. He has... as you say in Midgard... Home court advantage. So... what say you?"

@Gands

Deathstroke put his pistol away and relented. No point in wasting a bullet. "Okay oldtimer, just don't get too handsy." Deathstroke watched Mastermind take the gardener's hand and walk off. What could he possibly want to discuss? Who was that guy anyway?

Deathstroke looks towards scarecrow. "Follow me." Getting inside was rather easy, that ease Deathstroke tense. '"Doom is rather cocky, cocky enough to have such an easy hole in his security. Is he so confident that he doesn't think any enemies would want to get to someone here?''" Deathstroke had joined Ghost, taking note of the few guards and servants. "I bet every one of them is armed to the teth android."
Dr crane nods silently and follows along. He never really was a talker this trip and didn't show signs if changing soon. He did seem alert for tge record, a trained operative could see he was taking in his surroundings well. No doubt he was getting ready for trouble if it happened without giving too much away.
Even with Deathstroke nearby now The Ghost was edgy and didn't want to risk vocal or even electronic communications being intercepted.

She pauses... feeling intensely foolish she figures after a moment 'What the Hell....' and begins to concentrate very hard and very LOUDLY attempts to think-send

"Hey Mind Games Lady! I dunno if you can hear this but if you can... conference call the boys and tell them that the reason this place has Shite for security is because it doesn't need it! It's Surrounded? Penetrated? Permeated? by a field like what happened to me, so unless they fancy themselves bein' large smears of Vegemite on the floor, we need to rethink our approach..."
Loki picked up on the attempt and made sure that Meaghan 'heard' Ghost's attempt at telepathy, if only to verify his story. Meanwhile, Slade and Crane caught up to Ghost and were in a small room that passed for a security room on the bottom floor - the one guard there was easily taken out silently by Slade.

It seemed that this mission had gotten a lot more complicated. Does our team take the help of the Lord of Mischief or try to find another way to get to the top floor of the mansion?
@Cush Almighty @Drixe @Sonevar

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
Meaghan aka Lady Mastermind

She listens to the entirety of Loki's presentation. Her initial feeling is distinctly unhappy. She will share Loki's presentation with Bane and Slade. She will also share Ghost's information with everyone.

After the presentation, she will send to both men...

" The Loki has significant powers, not the least of which are powers of mind. He is a dangerous slippery character. I don't feel the least bit comfortable about even going into his mind. So I don't know what to tell either of you. "

• Thank You
James Hunter

James listened to her and did some quick math, trying to figure out if the number was right. It felt like that number was off. " Thirteen seems off if there are twenty four hours in a day. Perhaps, there are one or two more who haven't been documented on there. That being said, where would be the best place to start?" He asked, looking around for some sign of where to avoid. Sure, he could follow Grid, but it seemed too good. He decided that he first and foremost was to go inside, heading inside the tall building. He would be on the lookout for cameras he might to need knock out and guards closer to his size so he would feel better.

@Michale CS

• Ah Seen It
One of the cooks looked at Grid and rattled off at him... "De când avem un paznic american? Vorbește Latverian? Nu te putem înțelege. "

A couple other employees looked at him skeptically and moved off, going back to cooking.

That first cook, a woman just over six feet tall, just put her hands on her hips, waiting for him to speak in a language she could understand.

Grid followed it up by looking deeply offended now as he spoke.

"Ok, this is bullshit. When I took the job, they didn't say I had to be multilingual. I'm asking for a packed lunch, not the fucking keys to Master Dooms bedroom! Now it's my ass on the line and the boss is waiting. If you're not gonna give me a lunch, let me know so I can at least order out."

He paused and added. "Also, don't pull the 'I don't know what he's saying' shtick. The Masters education system is the best in the world. To make me believe you don't understand me is an insult to his great institution."

A little misdirection and he'd wait to see how she'd react...All the while making sure the other cooks weren't acting in a way to make it seem like he was blowing his cover.

• Thank You
Not being included in the mastermind's projections she moves away from Deathstroke and Crain to begin scouting the limits of the event looking for possible openings or weakspots that might be used as entry points for the solids

• Ah Seen It
"The God of Mischief is dying from radiation poison and is asking for our help?" Slade thought on it a bit. "I wouldn't trust him Mastermind. God of lies, deceit, and dishonor. Loki dies which means a whole lot less trouble in the world."

• Ah Seen It
Dr crane thinks a bit and says " if he is dying then we may have some leverage over him, imagine an immortal suddenly realizing he isn't eternal as he thought. If he truly fears for possibly the first time....he may be bound to his word even if only due to the circumstances. "

James listened to her and did some quick math, trying to figure out if the number was right. It felt like that number was off. " Thirteen seems off if there are twenty four hours in a day. Perhaps, there are one or two more who haven't been documented on there. That being said, where would be the best place to start?" He asked, looking around for some sign of where to avoid. Sure, he could follow Grid, but it seemed too good. He decided that he first and foremost was to go inside, heading inside the tall building. He would be on the lookout for cameras he might to need knock out and guards closer to his size so he would feel better.
At Detention Center Prime, Isolation Ward 1

The door proclaimed it was ISOLATION WARD 1, which he only learned because JENI translated the Latverian lettering on the door for him. The two guards at that door looked at him strangely, but when his keycard worked, they went back to messing with their smartphones.

Inside the door immediately was an immaculate white room with no apparent cameras, save for the fact the entire ceiling was a mirror. Suddenly streams of gas poured in from all sides, but after a moment he realized it was some sort of disinfectant. Strangely this got rid of the garlic smell on the clothes instanttly. There was one door that led deeper into the place, and his keycard worked to unlock it.

What he saw was a ten foot wide hallway, with thick, transparent walls facing into the hallway, all with no apparent doors. At the end of the hallway there was a glass case that appeared to have a small display of rare coins.

He was suddenly startled as from the left, a barely teenaged looking girl pressed herself against the clear wall. There were some slots near the top and bottom of the glasslike wall, so when she spoke it was clear to him - after JENI translated in his ear from the French she was speaking. "My name is Penny. Please, they've taken my most precious keepsakes. If you see any special looking coins around, I would love to have them back. You can slip them into one of these slots here. I don't know where I am or why they took everything from me. They say they are doctors, but all they do is take blood now and then and give me different medicines. Sometimes the medicines make me sick. I know the guards will come if you try to release me, but at least let me have my coins. It's all I have left of my family..."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Grid followed it up by looking deeply offended now as he spoke.

"Ok, this is bullshit. When I took the job, they didn't say I had to be multilingual. I'm asking for a packed lunch, not the fucking keys to Master Dooms bedroom! Now it's my ass on the line and the boss is waiting. If you're not gonna give me a lunch, let me know so I can at least order out."

He paused and added. "Also, don't pull the 'I don't know what he's saying' shtick. The Masters education system is the best in the world. To make me believe you don't understand me is an insult to his great institution."

A little misdirection and he'd wait to see how she'd react...All the while making sure the other cooks weren't acting in a way to make it seem like he was blowing his cover.
The rest of the staff scattered save one young man who stood there for a moment then pretended to be very interested in preparing a salad. This left Grid there mostly alone with the cook, who loomed over him by almost a foot. "You look Japanese but you talk like American. Also walk like warrior. Most guards here, pffhhht, not warriors. You are also good at, how you say, kissing ass. I give you a boxed lunch. Two, actually." She pointed at a stack of premade brown cardboard lunch boxes, and one in a white glossy paper.

"You take regular lunch to your boss. Sergei does not get special treatment. Fat slob eats too much garlic. White box you take to isolation ward. Do not mix up. Patient there needs special diet, and only plastic utensils. When you go in that building, do not take gun. Do not take anything metal near patient, unless you want to die. Understand?" She grinned at him.

@Ringmaster

Not being included in the mastermind's projections she moves away from Deathstroke and Crane to begin scouting the limits of the event looking for possible openings or weakspots that might be used as entry points for the solids

After a few moments, she figured out that the field had a regular pulsing rhythm to it. Way too swift for a regular person to slip through, but with someone who had quantum entanglement issues like herself, it would be doable. The problem was, not knowing exactly what was on the other side of the weak spot nearest the source of the field. It would be a calculated risk. Maybe she should ask Slade, as he was the mission leader, what he thought of the plan...

@Sonevar

"The God of Mischief is dying from radiation poison and is asking for our help?" Slade thought on it a bit. "I wouldn't trust him Mastermind. God of lies, deceit, and dishonor. Loki dies which means a whole lot less trouble in the world."
Dr crane thinks a bit and says " if he is dying then we may have some leverage over him, imagine an immortal suddenly realizing he isn't eternal as he thought. If he truly fears for possibly the first time....he may be bound to his word even if only due to the circumstances. "
Slade and Crane heard a slow clap, and turned to see a projection of Loki. He knew it was a projection because even the rudimentary sensors in his mask weren't able to detect a heartbeat. "Well played, Well played. Indeed you should not trust me, but I am the best way you have of getting Sterns out of this country. I may have burned most of my bridges in Asgard, but my lineage still grants me access to a certain rainbow one, that would see you and your team safely away from this place. You do not have to trust me, you would have to trust Heimdall, the guardian of the Bifrost to take you exactly where you wish to go." The projection put up its hands.

"When I call the Bifrost, I shall allow you personally to tell Heimdall where you wish it to deposit you and your friends, provided I get Sterns. I'll not bore you with the politics, but suffice it to say, once Heimdall is involved, my adoptive father and my brother will have their very keen eyes - all three of them - upon me for the next while. But, if you do not wish to aid me..." He leaned in, grinning.

"Then I shall wait until you've claimed Sterns and simply abscond with him myself. Now, wouldn't you rather resolve this amicably, than with unneeded violence that you're not being paid to inflict? I'll leave you to think on this, with a token of my good will."

The projection disappeared, and lying there on the floor in front of Slade would be a sword. The dull grey metal and the runes on the hilt made it instantly recognizable to Slade. It was made of Uru metal.

And next to the blade, Lady Mastermind found herself appearing, a little disoriented and holding a cup of steaming hot cocoa.

@Cush Almighty @Drixe @Gands

Bane careful shuffles his large body forward. He could break the duct, but that would ruin operation. After ten feet, which he had to take his time to slowly crawl, he gets as close as he can to look though the the spot that is showing this patch of light.

Bane overheard a conversation. It wasn't in a language he knew but his keen mind got the gist of what they were saying. They were having a discussion that felt like they were complaining about work in a way that not only annoyed them, but frightened them a little. Two men, obviously scientist types. They would have zero chance of even slowing Bane down. He was confident of that. It was a laboratory of some type, with microscopes and a centrifuge and other equipment that made it look like something he'd seen Hugo Strange use in the past. Bioengineering was Bane's best guess.

Then the duct creaked under his weight slightly. The men looked up, then made some dismissive comment, and they went back to work. Bane knew that he had just a short time before the aluminum ducting and drywall would no longer support his weight and it would give...

@Breach

The rest of the staff scattered save one young man who stood there for a moment then pretended to be very interested in preparing a salad. This left Grid there mostly alone with the cook, who loomed over him by almost a foot. "You look Japanese but you talk like American. Also walk like warrior. Most guards here, pffhhht, not warriors. You are also good at, how you say, kissing ass. I give you a boxed lunch. Two, actually." She pointed at a stack of premade brown cardboard lunch boxes, and one in a white glossy paper.

"You take regular lunch to your boss. Sergei does not get special treatment. Fat slob eats too much garlic. White box you take to isolation ward. Do not mix up. Patient there needs special diet, and only plastic utensils. When you go in that building, do not take

"The word of Doom is the only race I need." Grid said simply before adding. "I'd be a poor citizen if I didn't work myself as hard for the Masters sake." Taking the lunches, he affected a nod of his head that somehow gave the impression of a full bow as he spoke.

"The Masters pride upon you for your work." And with that, he turned and left. Mentally, he cursed himself for his posture and thought darkly on how the cook seemed aware of it. An LMD perhaps? Or a mortal agent of Doom? It didn't matter now-he had what he needed and he headed for administration.

Once there, he'd look for a lone victim who'd have access to the record he needed to discover his target. From there? Well....

He got this far. Hopefully the others were experiencing similar success.

• Nice Execution!
James Hunter

At Detention Center Prime, Isolation Ward 1

James was happy that the AI could translate where he was going, as he himself had never bothered to pick up on many other languages and he wasn't as adapt as speed learning as other people like him. The guards seemed to ignore him when his keycard worked and he was thankful for smartphones for once.

It felt weird that there was a white room with no cameras, but a mirror on the ceiling. Why was the mirror above him? He felt the streams of gas and internally he felt a wave of terror before he calmed down, realizing that it was some sort of disinfectant. This wasn't here to hurt him. It seemed to work on the clothes and he would put the keycard in and had to wonder if he would ever be over what had awoken his powers.

There seemed to be a lot of transparent walls and he had to wonder if anyone was watching him. He did notice that there was a glass case that appeared to have a small display of small coins. He would wonder how much they were worth.

James would be surprised when a teenaged girl pressed herself against the glass wall, though, he wasn't sure what she was saying originally at first as she spoke French and he didn't know the language. Thankfully he had Jenny in his ear to translate what she was saying so perfectly. Once he told her in English, JENI would hopefully help him translate it to French. " It's nice to meet you, Penny. My name is James. I think I see some coins at the end of the hall and can find a way here. This is a Detention Center in Lavertia. Do you remember if you met anyone before you got here? I'm looking for a man named Samuel Sterns who was said to reside him. That being said, if I do give you the coin, I also want your word that I won't be hurt. I imagine that there is a reason for seperating you from the coins." He would approach the case slowly, looking for any way to open the glass case. Once he found a safe method ( that wouldn't activate alarms or bring guards), he would attept to get them out and bring them to the girl.

@Michale CS

• Useful
She stealthily made her way back to DS and spoke in a whisper near his ear

"There are weak points in the affect field. I could possibly make it through, however if I mis-step there won't even be a smear of me left. Also I do not know if the weakpoints are guarded or not as I have no idea what's on the other side... What are my orders sir?"

• Nice Execution!
He turned to the trickster and listen to his deal. It was shite as expected. What could this god want with Sterns?" Loki, may I call you, Loki? Thanks, I can't just go against my orders. I was hired for a job and I have an incentive embedded in my fucking skull. If you can give me anything better, I can't alter my mission. Plus, I don't trust you to hold up on your deals god of lies." Loki vanished and he then turned to Ghost who heard approaching him.

She wanted to know the next move. She noticed a possible way to pass the field and only she can do it. "You have my approval. Shut it down so we can pass by and grab Sterns, and commit deicide when horned nut trys to steal him.

Deathstroke then touched his communicator and radioed to waller. "Waller. We've just been in contact with Loki, that Loki if your wondering. He wants Stern, and I''m not sure we can stop him. He lack a Hulk, a Thor, I'll even consider a Deadpool."

@Sonevar @Drixe @Gands @Michale CS

• Nice Execution!
Bane hands quickly dismantled the front of the vent. He glides out of the vent. He lands near scientists. Bane hands shot out and grabs specific parts of the scientists' necks. The moment he does so, they both go limp(knock out) and took them out of sight. He was able to do this quick and silent. Bane reports what to his group.

@Michale CS @Cush Almighty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

• Ah Seen It
Dr crane thinks on his situation and eventually come to the conclusion that loki is scarier than Waller. He'll play along for now but he'll turn the man over on a second if if he's given a chance. Yeah he's scared, fear is the basis of human survival. He felt no shame in this, he only cared for himself after all. has no connection to the u.s. government besides the bomb in his neck. Something tells him that a Asgardian god can take care of that. He thinks in his head " if you can hear me Loki i got a deal for you. If you can remove this stupid little b.b from my neck lets talk".