"Jeni, are you able to pull up any feed from around the Detention Center or even it?" He asked the bike.

"Negotiating... Applying Ultron Protocol... Access granted, Bulwark." The HUDs provided in the helmets of the bikes lit up with an overhead satellite map of the area around the Detention Center, as well as a brief explanation of the site.

HM Dartmoor Faceclaim Detentio Center SS.jpg
Detention Center Prime has a misplaced reputation for being a high-security prison that is escape-proof. Now a Category C prison, DCP houses mainly non-violent offenders and white-collar criminals. It also holds sex offenders and offers sex offender treatment programmes intended to make the offender realise their behaviour is unacceptable. Some subsequently volunteer for behaviour-changing treatment with medication under a scheme being piloted at
Arkham Asylum
which has had encouraging results.

DCP offers cell accommodation on six wings. Education is available at the prison (full and part-time), and ranges from basic educational skills to Open University courses. Vocational training includes electronics, brickwork and carpentry courses up to City & Guilds and NVQ level, Painting and Decorating courses, industrial cleaning and desktop publishing. Full-time employment is also available in catering, farming, gardening, laundry, textiles, Braille, contract services, furniture manufacturing and polishing.

In addition, a countdown of 49 minutes began in one corner of the HUD, labeled Estimated Time Until Discovery. "Do you require anything else?"
@Breach @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

Meanwhile the van with Ghost, Lady Mastermind, Scarecrow and Deathstroke headed off to the VIP mansion. Since they had a Stark bike in the middle of the van they saw the same feed on a holographic display above the third bike, but if anyone would don that helmet the hologram would disappear and allow just the wearer to see the feed. [ OOC - you guys need to figure out who is driving the van so I can post further. ]

@Cush Almighty @Drixe @Sonevar @Gands

Last edited:
James Hunter/ Bulwark

" Well, at least it's good to know that the acesss was granted so easily,"
he said, examining the area that he had been shown by the bike, wondering why the Detention Center looked more like a community than a prison.

He took a deep breath and considered what his options were and he noticed that this Detention Center was more of a low grade prison than it seemed to be the likes of Alcatraz. Honestly, it reminded him of the type that he would have wound up if he had been caught by anyone but the heroes. Maybe it was the fact that he always liked to make a little bit of a spectacle when he had been stealing and was less low brow the older he had gotten, but he couldn't dwell on his past too much or he would remember those two heroes who hadn't bothered to stand up for him.

He kept reading and paused. " I feel like our Leader may have started off in this place and then over time, they released him. It would make sense since this is not what the rumors had been. It's a front to make people they are keeping hardened criminals when it's the farthest thing from the truth. but regardless, there might be information there. It seems to give us this community sort of feeling and if I learned anything about communities is that residents love to gossip on the going on of the area without a second thought."

He paused to think for a moment on if there was anything he wanted to know from the bike. " I would like to access that redacted information and if there is any way to access the official record of Samuel Sterns."

@Michale CS @Breach @Ringmaster

• OMG
Reactions: Michale CS
Reagan Wyngarde

Reagan went ahead and got into the driver's seat. Her reasoning, at least to herself was sound. Two of her partners were people of action. When it hit the fan, she wanted the killers unencumbered by having to drive. She wasn't entirely sure trusting professor scary face to drive was in her best interest.

"I'm ready, let me know which way boss."

• Useful
So his squad for cite 2 would be Ghost, Mastermind, and Scarcrow. Deathstroke could work with that. Mastermind was smart, Ghost was good for stealth and recon, and Scarecrow would make a good distraction if his gas were to fail. "Turn left and don't get the law on our tails." He told Mastermind. "Ghost, or you mind if I call you Hannah? How you get in this little mess?" He asked her trying to make conversation. "I would ask you Scarecrow but I heard you got beat up by Batgirl. That had to suck. You've been reduced to a Batgirl villain." He told Scarecrow mocking disgraced scientist.

@Michale CS
@Drixe
@Sonevar

• Haha
Grid kept to himself as he rode with Crossbones, mentally going over everything that he had. As he did, he analyzed the prison compound itself and the various means of infiltration he could run on it. Finally, he spoke with surety.

"Where the building connects the fences? Take me there."

He knew how he was going to infiltrate.

• Useful
"She may have been there, but a gcpd seat team took me down. I was having a martini at Gotham's Skyline lounge when they kicked in the doors". He laughed a bit, and continued " doesn't matter all they could get for added up to less then thirty years. A lot of people go missing in Gotham ".

• Sympathy & Compassion
Bane gets on the motorcycle and says, "I am fine with this vehicle. However, I hold my trust towards my own gear then these weapons. Those weapons could be those robots waiting for the right time to strike. If by any a chance this vehicle is one as well. I will be able to handle it and it size with be easier to keep an eye." Bane adjust the gear spread in his coat and clothes.
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
He paused to think for a moment on if there was anything he wanted to know from the bike. " I would like to access that redacted information and if there is any way to access the official record of Samuel Sterns."
"Processing... Previous version of document found." JENI made that version of the document available to anyone who was interested and had a HUD going from one of the bike's helmets.

"Accessing... Warning. Two versions of data on subject Samuel Sterns exist. Accessing the encrypted version will trigger immediate discovery and may trigger data attacks on this unit. Proceed? (Y/N)"

@LuckycoolHawk9

James Hunter

James paused, as he caught that it was going to be a previous version of the document. Did that mean he found something that wasn't about to be good. It was a thing he wanted to check and then he paused.

The Inmutant may have been smart, but it didn't stop his curious nature. " I'm positive that I'll regret this in the future, but yes, JENI proceed," he replied, knowing that this was a dumb idea, but he also knew that it was risky to not get the information.

@Michale CS

In the Garage...

"What's the holdup, Bulwark? You need training wheels or something?"
Crossbones asked.

"Training Wheels Protocol Confirmed. High level access requires secondary confirmation... Awaiting authorization. Shall we proceed to our destination?" JENI asked Bulwark and Bane, while Crossbones was already backing the bobtail out of the garage after he had opened the roll-up freight door.

In the Van on the way to the Mansion...

"Confirmed. High level access requires secondary confirmation."
The holo display from the bike in the armored panel van creates a life-size representation of JENI. "Slade Wilson. This unit has determined that you are the ranking authority of this unit, and Training Wheels Protocol has been invoked by your second in command. One of your subordinates has requested access to information that this unit has determined will invite immediate discovery by the local authorities and may invite cyber attacks on this unit. Do you wish to proceed with this action? Confirm (Y/N)"

Meanwhile, information on the Mansion's layout and usual guard compliment - few visible, a lot of hidden security protocols and a lot of surveillance, was being sent to Deathstroke and the others via a data packet sent from ARGUS directly to them. The main problem there would be to get in without being seen or making it obvious the surveillance was compromised. Thankfully they had people who could walk through walls and cloud the minds of men with them...

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Drixe @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sonevar

Bane listens to the digital voice and her warnings. The danger of the group would be double if they continue to try unlock the documents. However, they may contain information that would help and even finish the mission quicker. Bane says, "Do what you must do. However, be prepared to face the dangers should you proceed."

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

Ghost debated on the truth, debated a lie, wondered if they had enough time for the full truth, and went simply with...

"Without expensive, High-tech treatments... I would fall apart"

James Hunter

" I was trying to gain some information from the system, but thanks to you, it seems that it will be a while before we go. JENI, start up and set a course to the destination we are heading too for now,"
he said, looking over at the bike, knowing that he wasn't good at driving a motorcycle, and hoped that wouldn't also need secondary confirmation for him to do as well. That would be embarrassing.

He would look over at Bane for a brief moment, taking a deep breath and would not even blink. " I was fully intending to face the consequences of my actions, but it is out of my control now. I would hack, but I feel we shall wait and see. JENI, while we are driving along the road, can I have the first file to read over?" He asked, looking at the Bike for answers.

@Michale CS @Breach @Ringmaster

Slade grunted at the situation. He didn't want to get caught and get to Doom's bad side. Still, the job needed to be complete. "Fine, JENI, Allow it all. Any more information request allow." He then turned to his team. "How much closer are we? I want to get in and out."

"Processing... Alert! Unit Discovered! This unit has been compromised! Th-"

boom 2.jpg
All three bikes exploded simultaneously. The ones Bane and Bulwark were on, and the one inside the van with Mastermind, Deathstroke, Ghost and Scarecrow in it.

Bane landed on the far side of the room and slid down the wall, unconscious for the moment, the extent of his injuries unknown.

Bulwark was able to blunt some of the force with his powers, but only from the landing against the wall. He felt a pain across his chest along the left side down to his hip, and there was a piece of the bike stuck in his side.

Ghost was of course, unharmed as she just 'let go' during the explosion.

Scarecrow was lying face down with blood spreading out under him, but he seemed to be breathing.

Slade took a piece of shrapnel to his shoulder, but it barely penetrated the suit. Mastermind was lucky, as the drivers seat was what was riddled with shrapnel from the bikes.

The bobtail rocked, and the windshield crumpled, but Crossbones and Grid were fine. "What the flying fuck was that?!" Rumlow yelled out, his ears still ringing from the explosions.

Regan grabbed Slade's shoulder just as he was about to give the order to authorize the attempted hack, and the above vision was projected into the perception of the entire team.

It had seemed so real... Such was the power of Lady Mastermind.

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Drixe @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Sonevar

Last edited:
As the ghost comes back to reality, she softly mutters a single phrase "F*ing Headgames" and resumes testing weight, heft and sighting on the unfamiliar weapons.

• Haha
James Hunter

" Okay, so maybe it was a bad idea to try to hack Dr.Doom with probably the lowest level stark tech. Still don't get why you two weren't hurt in that vision on the bike.... do you guys have armor on?"
He asked before biting his tongue. " Never mind."

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Breach

"Let's focus on our destination." Bane seeing that there might be a possible of his motorcycle exploding, he decides to adjust his position on his seat and ready to jump off, if sense sudden change to the motorcycle.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

"'We don't need that ruining the mission. Hacking is off the table. We'll be going to do this the old fashion way." That was a bad call. If he hadn't seen the result he might be in some real trouble.

At the VIP Mansion...

When the van arrived with Slade, Ghost, Lady Mastermind and Scarecrow, they saw it was a fairly typical looking mansion. The type that was specifically designed to look like it didn't have any security, while having it all the while. Tall decorative fences, the type with brick for the first couple of feet then cast iron between brick pillars - and plenty of places to hide cameras with tall trees dispersed around the edges. One big double gate and long walk made up of loose rock which would be a low tech alarm in a way. No way to move with any sort of stealth on loose rock. It was higher up on a hill, with no other buildings nearby except for a couple of out-buildings, presumably for tending the pool and fountains, and the gardening.

The building itself was a three story victorian style, lots of gables and balconies. Getting in wouldn't be hard. Getting in unobserved, maybe a bit harder.

It was a little after dark when they arrived at the area. Thankfully there was a road that kept going past the place, though this would be a turn off. It was sparsely forested, as most of Latveria was, so it wouldn't be too much of a challenge to ditch the van somewhere and get closer by foot or the motorcycle they brought along.

At DCP...

Crossbones did as he was previously asked, and slowed down near one of the places Grid had pointed out for him to infiltrate. "You going in and making us a way in, bud?"

Bulwark and Bane arrived there as well, on their bikes. Do they wait for the Foot ninja to infiltrate or make plans to enter on their own?

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Drixe @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Sonevar

Last edited: