• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michale CS

Ignorance of grammar is not an excuse.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Evenings, Pacific Time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Title: Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Power level: Enhanced to Global
Look/Feel: [Mastermind's Machievellian Plot ]

Mission Full

Los-Angeles-Skyline.jpg

Los Angeles. one of the Crown Jewels of the West coast, as coined by CatCo Worldwide Media, along with National City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Coast City.
Crime is no stranger to Los Angeles with one of the highest crime rates of cities in California. But, crime, after a fashion was somewhat predictable. People choose a life of crime, and recidivism in criminals is high.

What is strange is a rash of burglaries, armed robberies and other type of theft from people who had never committed crimes before. Even more strange - none of them remember committing these crimes, even under polygraph. They simply don't remember. Most of the thefts were from law abiding citizens who had never even had so much as a traffic ticket. Those who weren't caught during the act dumped their ill gotten gains somewhere that they cannot remember, even with trained psychologists aiding them.

This sounds like a job for...

You, maybe?​

Last edited:
"Wait... didn't he die like, a century ago?" She leaned forward some in her chair. "Are you an Asgardian? Naw, not...Nordic enough looking." Then it hit her. Tepes.Tasha seemed to pale somewhat. "I'm... an Armenian and Romanian half-breed, if that helps me at all? My ancestors and... uh you or your ancestors, got along pretty well?"
"Presumably. Not quite what you think though. Half and half."

He gave a small shrug and added.

"Never been a problem with me."

Though it did explain why he'd chose her right off the bat when he was looking through the names. Something about the face.

Though the rest of her was nice too.

What, he was old, not blind. : |
"I know there are a few real ones out there, Doctor Strange, Doctor Druid, Doctor Fate... what is it with magic users calling themselves doctor anyway? - but no. I thought mostly that stuff was fake, or at least the ones around here are. I... don't have a lot of free time. I work the call center four days, ten hour days, work here like six to eight hours two or three times a week, I don't even have much of a social life, really. I mean, no charges were pressed nothing's happened to me since, so I figured I was free and clear."
"I happen to have a little something extra. Used it back in the day to set traps or find victims....I didn't start out a hero ma'am."

He looked at the ceiling and closed his eyes briefly, recalling the feel of heat and the burn of sins innumerable reflected in that terrifying gaze of a skull wreathed in flame.

"....I needed a little intervention for that. Won't do it if you don't want it though."

@Michale CS

Well, this was interesting. One of the people she'd seen at Callahan's was on the train. Dressed down was dressed down, but you can't have sat across from a man a body like Hercules, with a rather unique headband and facial features, and not recognize him.
Does Eisley approach the demigod or go about her business?

@york
Eisley Cloud

@Michale CS @Gands

With some carefull consideration, Eisley decided to approach Hercules slowly, carefully... The last thing she wanted was to draw unwanted attention, but yet, she was also curious why she had run into him on this train. Was he looking for the same guy she was? Or did they just happen to be catching the same train?

"Presumably. Not quite what you think though. Half and half."

He gave a small shrug and added.

"Never been a problem with me."
This seemed to relax Tasha immediately. "Two half-breeds then. Cool."

"I happen to have a little something extra. Used it back in the day to set traps or find victims....I didn't start out a hero ma'am."
"First of all, I don't want to be called ma'am again until I'm like, forty. Tasha, or Natasha if you prefer being formal, will do. Please?"

"....I needed a little intervention for that. Won't do it if you don't want it though."
"Won't do what? You're not making a lot of sens-oooohh... you have some vampiric mind powers or whatzit. Waaait. You're not going to have to, like bite me or anything to do this are you? I mean I want that missing time back but I don't want to end up anyone's snack either. And I don't wanna end up Renfielding for someone. My life is full enough without that garbage. Just... tell me in detail what you'd have to do before I agree to anything, okay?"

@Ringmaster

I notice Eisley heading my way, neither of us dressed as we were in Callahan's.
I talk quietly as she approaches.

You working this case Miss ? The one with the mind controlled people ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice Eisley heading my way, neither of us dressed as we were in Callahan's.
I talk quietly as she approaches.

You working this case Miss ? The one with the mind controlled people ?
Eisley Cloud
@Gands

Eisley nodded slowly, looking around briefly in order to avoid any eavesdroppers listening in before she spoke in a low voice.

"Caught a lead in North Hollywood. What about you?" She asked.

There was a obvious hint of curiousity in her voice, even through her efforts to keep this conversation discreet.​

Three of our victims, all rode this red line train too and from work. I am going to talk to one of them this afternoon. The computer guy, McCallister.

Word had always travelled around LA fast. It also helped when you occasionally worked for the LAPD. He had heard about the three crimes and wondered why they had happened. It didn't make any sense to the Devil, none at all. Working with desires had made him knowledge in who would commit crimes and those three were up there with saints, perfect and happy. It also helped that they had no memory. He decided to go and investigate by talking to Shawn McCallister at the Horton House. He approached the lady at the desk and with his situation smiled. " Hello, I'm here to see Shawn McCallister, ," he said. He only used his manipulation if need be later.

@thatguyinthestore @Michale CS

She nodded. "Credentials? You his new PO? Or a personal friend? If you're not here on business I need you to sign in, and look right up there for a moment for the cameras? I'm sure you know why he's here. No badge or no picture? No admittance."

Her name tag proclaimed her name was Shelly, and she slid a clipboard out across the counter and indicated a pair of worn yellow "footprint" decals on the floor.

@thatguyinthestore
Jason nodded and tugged out some ID, which looked pretty official. "I'm a personal friend of his." Jason said with a smile and a nod. He then looked at the cameras before signing in.

"Now..." Jason looked at her name tag. "Shelly, which way is his room?"

Jason nodded and tugged out some ID, which looked pretty official. "I'm a personal friend of his." Jason said with a smile and a nod. He then looked at the cameras before signing in.

"Now..." Jason looked at her name tag. "Shelly, which way is his room?"
"Just down the hall to the left Room 11B. Stay more than two hours, expect a visit from a staff member. I'll buzz you in."

Once Jason had gotten to the entrance door and been let in, it wasn't hard to locate 11B. This still didn't look like a prison to the untrained eye much, but Jason's eye wasn't untrained. Bubble cameras every 15 feet on the ceilings, the doors metal with reinforced frames and electronic locks. The window at the end of the hallway a double paned tempered glass on the inside, a latticing of painted steel bars in the middle, and another set of glass on the outside. At the base of each doorway were a couple of squarish holes, presumably so the doors could be barred from the outside.

As he got to McCallister's room, the door opened. He'd obviously been alerted that he had company. He had a very puzzled look on his face.

Elijah%2BWood%2B3.jpg
"They said a friend was coming to visit me. I don't know you, mate. Mind explaining why you're here?" He didn't ask Jason in, but he wasn't closing the door either. It seemed he was at least curious.

In fact, he stepped out into the hallway, letting the door close behind him, but he said nothing further yet.
@thatguyinthestore

He decided to go and investigate by talking to Shawn McCallister at the Horton House. He approached the lady at the desk and with his situation smiled. " Hello, I'm here to see Shawn McCallister, ," he said. He only used his manipulation if need be later.
"My, my isn't he the popular one today? Sorry, he's got a guest. Facility rules, one guest at a time. Have a seat in the lobby until his other guest comes out. Two people is a visit, three is a collusion as far as the state is concerned. I'm sure you understand mister...?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

"My, my isn't he the popular one today? Sorry, he's got a guest. Facility rules, one guest at a time. Have a seat in the lobby until his other guest comes out. Two people is a visit, three is a collusion as far as the state is concerned. I'm sure you understand mister...?"
Lucifer had really wished that he had gotten here sooner. " Morningstar, Lucifer Morningstar. I work sometimes as a consultant for the LAPD," he said, answering her. It wasn't lying to her. He had worked with them in the past, but not recently for several reasons. " So, Miss Shelly,can you tell me anything about him while I wait?"

@Michale CS

" So, Miss Shelly,can you tell me anything about him while I wait?"
"I can. I won't unless I see some authorization from the LAPD about that. I like to talk as much as the next person, but I'm not about to risk my job over disclosing pris- guest information to someone who doesn't have permission to do so." Shelly insisted, with a serious look on her face. At the obvious disappointment on Lucifer's end - as there was bound to be some, she continued.

"Listen, I know why this dude is here. That's a matter of public record. As is the fact that he got here only a week ago. As is the fact that he's a computer geek who works for a computer games company. Now just how much conversation do you think that Mister McCallister and I have shared in that week?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

"I can. I won't unless I see some authorization from the LAPD about that. I like to talk as much as the next person, but I'm not about to risk my job over disclosing pris- guest information to someone who doesn't have permission to do so." Shelly insisted, with a serious look on her face. At the obvious disappointment on Lucifer's end - as there was bound to be some, she continued.

"Listen, I know why this dude is here. That's a matter of public record. As is the fact that he got here only a week ago. As is the fact that he's a computer geek who works for a computer games company. Now just how much conversation do you think that Mister McCallister and I have shared in that week?"
Lucifer had always hated that aspect in mortals. They were so doubtful in what he said or even what other people told them. He was sure that he wasn't the only one who could claim that. He had noticed that she had said or almost said prisoner. It was one thing to not say it, but it seemed that this place knew something. He wondered if he would find any information at this place.

" I hate to say it, but a lot could happen in one week. Cities can fall, people can hook up, stores can go out of business.One week isn't as short as an amount of time as people think. You could have conversations on what he did, maybe his hobbies, his family, the events, all of the above," he said to her, being quite frank.

@Michale CS

" I hate to say it, but a lot could happen in one week. Cities can fall, people can hook up, stores can go out of business.One week isn't as short as an amount of time as people think. You could have conversations on what he did, maybe his hobbies, his family, the events, all of the above," he said to her, being quite frank.
"Don't get all philosophical on me, Mister Morningstar. I didn't say how much we could have shared, only how much we did. Look at me. Went right into the Navy out of high school. Two tours, Desert Storm. Granted most of that was living aboard an aircraft carrier, but I did four years in the Navy. Then I get back, finish up my Administration of Justice degree, and sign up to be a prison guard. Rather than being sent to one of the meatier assignments, they got me watching blue collar and other low risk criminals. I used to beat up nerds like McCallister in high school. That guy and I have nothing in common, and other than the hellos and goodbyes I throw at all our guests, I don't think I've spoken word one to the weaselly guy."

Then she blinked a few times. Perhaps it was Lucifer's natural persuasive demeanor, but he got the impression that she didn't intend to spill essentially, her life story, to him. But to her credit, she kept her face mainly neutral during all of this.

@LuckycoolHawk9

"Don't get all philosophical on me, Mister Morningstar. I didn't say how much we could have shared, only how much we did. Look at me. Went right into the Navy out of high school. Two tours, Desert Storm. Granted most of that was living aboard an aircraft carrier, but I did four years in the Navy. Then I get back, finish up my Administration of Justice degree, and sign up to be a prison guard. Rather than being sent to one of the meatier assignments, they got me watching blue collar and other low risk criminals. I used to beat up nerds like McCallister in high school. That guy and I have nothing in common, and other than the hellos and goodbyes I throw at all our guests, I don't think I've spoken word one to the weaselly guy."

Then she blinked a few times. Perhaps it was Lucifer's natural persuasive demeanor, but he got the impression that she didn't intend to spill essentially, her life story, to him. But to her credit, she kept her face mainly neutral during all of this

" Oh, miss, if you think that is philosophical, it was nothing compared to some of my other rants. I am surprised that you left the navy on your own accords, most navies like to stay there and to keep fighting. It's such a strong desire, that it surprises me that you didn't and then here to be a prison guard. That is certainly an odd combination. I mean, the fact that they don't trust you tells me a lot about you. It's nice to know that you beat people like him. It almost seems uncommon for him to commit such a crime, it almost makes no sense. A nerd becoming a techie and getting rich, fine, but a techie committing such a strange crime too. I would expect someone more violent to commit what he did. It feels almost like it doesn't fit in the slightest.

Lucifer grinned as he always did after giving his long response. Sometimes he charmed people without the intention to do so and this was one of those times. She had practically spilled everything and still remained neutral about her life, how fascinating.

@Michale CS

Oh, miss, if you think that is philosophical, it was nothing compared to some of my other rants. I am surprised that you left the navy on your own accords, most navies like to stay there and to keep fighting. It's such a strong desire, that it surprises me that you didn't and then here to be a prison guard.
"I did my four years. It got me the money I needed for college." Shelly snapped, defensively.

I mean, the fact that they don't trust you tells me a lot about you.
"Yeah, it tells you I've got tits. Women guards, you think a lot of us get assigned to prisons with general population?" Asshole. That last word wasn't said but Lucifer could practically hear it.

A nerd becoming a techie and getting rich, fine, but a techie committing such a strange crime too. I would expect someone more violent to commit what he did. It feels almost like it doesn't fit in the slightest.
"I don't involve myself a lot in the details. A lot of quiet people just snap. He hasn't even been arraigned yet, so technically, he's still an alleged criminal. I'm starting to think that you're not here for McCallister at all and that you're here from IA waiting for me to slip up. So tell me... are you a cop?" She knew that by law, if he was he was obligated to say he was, and at this point, Lucifer could tell she went from being bored and neutral to defensive and suspicious. Maybe he needed to polish up his game some, as she wasn't being loosened up into talking about McCallister with this current approach.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Three of our victims, all rode this red line train too and from work. I am going to talk to one of them this afternoon. The computer guy, McCallister.
Eisley Cloud
@Gands @Michale CS

Eisley nodded, rubbing her chin a little.

"Looking for a Stage Magician, Gary Thompson." She said, then paused, suddenly thinking of something.

"I'll keep in touch. Exchange some intel when we get the chance." She added, her gaze shifted to the nearby window.

It was apparant she was checking just how close they were to her destination now; the last thing she wanted to do was miss her stop.​

Reactions: Michale CS
Understood, do I have a contact number ? Call me tonight.

I think to myself, how many others I am going to trip over before this is done.

I get off the train at the next stop after Eisley. I head into a fast food place and change back into something more official looking. I"m now headed towards the business where McCallister works.

Reactions: Michale CS
It was apparent she was checking just how close they were to her destination now; the last thing she wanted to do was miss her stop.
-118.390359978364.jpg

Not the kind of home you would expect from a mortician who moonlights as a stage magician. It felt more soccer mom than anything else. The car, at least, seemed to reflect that better. A black boxy sedan with tinted windows and a vanity plate "N0WUCME"

Once Eisley got to the door and knocked, It took a moment for him to answer the door. "Hello? I wasn't expecting anyone." Gary said with the door open just enough to allow communication, but more than say, a paranoid level.

@york

I get off the train at the next stop after Eisley. I head into a fast food place and change back into something more official looking. I"m now headed towards the business where McCallister works.
inside-EA-studio-office.jpg

It was surprisingly easy for Hercules to get access to the floor that McCallister worked on. One of his coworkers, a woman stood up and called out. "Hey, Frodo! You got company. I take it back. If you're gay you've got great taste in men!"
1786.jpg

"Shut the fuck up, Sharon." Were the first words Hercules heard from the guy. He stood up and looked over. "Well, come on over and give me your spiel." he continued.
McCallister didn't even get up from his desk, though he did have the presence of mind to turn off both of his computer monitors and swivel his chair around, indicating another swivel chair nearby for Hercules to sit in.

@Gands

Hello there sir. My name is Hercules. I am a senior consulting agent with Shield.

Of course, I am here to ask you about the recent incident.

I am sitting almost comfortably in the small seat.

I don't believe you are responsible. But this will be hard to prove.

What is the last thing you remember prior to the incident. Anything unusual, anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.