3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Body Parts
yellow Power Level: Talented Human to Enhanced (@Ringmaster @Gands Sections BUT if you have any questions on using a particular character, send a PM to @Ringmaster regarding the bulk of this event!),

red Enhanced to Superhuman ( LIMITED @Michale CS sections, your mileage may vary, and it will be a SMALL role in the overall plot, just to include those who are outside the range but whose PCs are in the area IC )

Look/Feel: [ Mob War/Riot - Marvel's Netflix MCU level ] No player cap!

This is an invite-only RP, but everyone in Epic Crossover is already considered invited! Note this is a major event with THREE GMS, @Gands @Michale CS and @Ringmaster. All collaboration to be handled in an Iwaku Conversation or on Discord.

'Nuff Said!

[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Once Harper made her way inside, she used her detective vision on her mask to look around for any civilians and any other bombs that Firefly attacked. This place never had the best security, and an attack like this required a great deal of both planning and timing.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Gands

Grady

As Grady leapt from a perfectly good airplane, the thought occurred to him... This is going to hurt....He tucked himself up into a ball and tried to roll as he landed. This was marginally successful, he rolled right through a damaged roof. Landing as luck would have it, between the two women along with an assortment of random roof materials.

" OOooofff"

" Ouch... really hurt "

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Grady

As Grady leapt from a perfectly good airplane, the thought occurred to him... This is going to hurt....He tucked himself up into a ball and tried to roll as he landed. This was marginally successful, he rolled right through a damaged roof. Landing as luck would have it, between the two women along with an assortment of random roof materials.

" OOooofff"

" Ouch... really hurt "

Harper looked down at him and offered a hand to help him up. "That's why I would have waited for me to lower the plane before I jumped." She snorted.

Grady

I laugh a little bit as I rise and dust myself off.

" Luckily, pain for me is relatively temporary. Are you acrobatic ? How about I toss you down to the goons down there and follow you up with a more realistic jump ?

"Raylene, get your boss outta here "

" Ooh, quick text "

(( to april ) April, get to your dad, stay by his side, don't take no for an answer. They've hit the iceberg, it's going to be bad )

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

Grady

I laugh a little bit as I rise and dust myself off.

" Luckily, pain for me is relatively temporary. Are you acrobatic ? How about I toss you down to the goons down there and follow you up with a more realistic jump ?

"Raylene, get your boss outta here "

" Ooh, quick text "

(( to april ) April, get to your dad, stay by his side, don't take no for an answer. They've hit the iceberg, it's going to be bad )

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster
She smirked a bit and nodded at his request. "Yeah, I fancy myself as acrobatic." She looked down at the goons and nodded a bit before looking back at Grady. "Ready when you are." She said.

@Michale CS @Gands @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

Grady

I lift the pretty blue haired girl over my head gently, holding her high.

" Alright, kick off my shoulders, and we'll aim for the three in the middle"

" Bombs away " As I throw my new friend into the fray below.

Shortly thereafter I jump myself, aiming for a different group .

Before she kicked off, Harper pulled out two escrima sticks. She managed to land right on top of a thug. When she made contact, she immediately wrapped her legs around the man and winked at him before shoving the two escirma sticks into his back, which sent about 100,000 volts through his body every second, knocking him out instantly, luckily not killing the guy.

To take out the next guy, she kicked off him and used her weight against his to her advantage by doing a backflip immediately when she kicked off. Next she tugged out a pistol, which shot out around a 50,000 volts each round and shot both of them square in the chest, knocking them out instantly.
bluebird.jpg
She then landed it and placed one hand on her hip, pretending to blow smoke out of the weapon before putting it away. Harper looked at Grady to see what he would do next.

Last edited:
[[ Guys? Most of us haven't had a chance to react and I think we kinda need the GM to react? I mean I stopped posting to give everyone a chance to catch up and you guys just keep Legolas and Gimli'ing it... @Gands @thatguyinthestore Remember the moment that Firefly showed up the GM torch went back to @Ringmaster ]]

[[ Guys? Most of us haven't had a chance to react and I think we kinda need the GM to react? I mean I stopped posting to give everyone a chance to catch up and you guys just keep Legolas and Gimli'ing it... @Gands @thatguyinthestore Remember the moment that Firefly showed up the GM torch went back to @Ringmaster ]]
Alright, I'll wait until @Ringmaster has a chance to post before I do any other important posts.]

a23HJN8.jpg

Outside the local electronics store in the brew of all this mess was a simple robot with simple priorities. Today, that priority was to stalk the store and look in through the window as the image of his monitor changed to a cute dog with music playing in the background. Most people had up and fled the store at this point due to the concerns of all the trouble that was starting to pop up in their town. But Sample 'Sam' Maestro couldn't be bothered! He had spent sixteen years of his life entertaining humanity only to be chucked aside when he had been replaced by something far more powerful!

Now, he had the gift of sentience which had been granted by a stray lightning bolt. Or at least that's how the average observer might have seen it. But Sam took it to mean something more. That his purpose was to protect all electronics everywhere! Or,something like that. He'd even gotten himself a cool jacket! But to watch over the electronics, he had to watch them! Oh yes, he had to watch them. With his metallic hips gyrating from side to side, the song continued as Sam watched the other TVs. He'd once upon a time been seated on a shelf.

But now he had power! He could be his own television! He didn't need to be controlled by a remote controller or having someone unplug him from the wall! Still, he could afford to spend some time idolizing the fine televisions he was looking over.

KFn9txU.jpg

He was almost tempted to play some Barry Manilow! Perhaps, some Tom Jones? Sure, these were all just regular TVs and would never see his flirtatious attempts. But where was the effort if he didn't at least try? Maybe someday once he earned enough money by taking requests on what to play on his monitor, he could buy a TV of his own. Then he could see if lightning truly would strike twice.

Rubbing his right hand across the glass, Sam finally turned away from the store. Things were getting bad around here and while he had no connections either way with the criminal empires, he didn't want to be caught up in the crossfire either. He'd lay low and wait until this all blew over. Then when he was finished? He'd return to living his life how he wanted!

But there was this strange noise he could hear coming from above. Almost as if something was falling through the air

-BOOM!-

The explosion sent Sam flying back and smashed him straight into a nearby mailbox. The mailbox had a man-sized dent in it from the impact but Sam was relatively unharmed. Physically in any case. Emotionally? Well, most people wouldn't have taken TVs being burned up too personally. But to Sam it was like seeing his own people being burned alive! This wouldn't stand! He'd find who was responsible for this and he'd make them pay!

ZZc5gQH.png

@Ringmaster

"This is why we can't have nice things..." Tony said, swinging his sky cycle around, pulling the bow and letting loose a couple of arrows loaded with liquid nitrogen, aimed just so, to disable Firefly's jet pack. "Sure about that, sparky!?" He called out, sending one more arrow, a net launcher, at the pyromaniac.
It was a good shot and perhaps might have even hit. But it was also a tactic done by the Bat in prior encounters and Firefly, for all his maniacal worship of fire was a professional as well. And the sky cycle, much like the Bat Plane and the news chopper that had ditched was obvious and present.

Firefly ditched it, laughing maniacally like an insane asylum on comedy night as he cried out.

"Heeeey, lookie who joined the party! If you ain't gunning for the heroes here, then that means you're working with em! And an extra million is going to go over sweeeet in my account! BWAHAHAHAHA!"

And with that, he went into a steep dive, heading down to crash through Penguin's sky light and into the lounge proper as he dropped incendiary grenades every which way.

"BRING THE HEAT!"

------------
But there was this strange noise he could hear coming from above. Almost as if something was falling through the air

-BOOM!-

The explosion sent Sam flying back and smashed him straight into a nearby mailbox. The mailbox had a man-sized dent in it from the impact but Sam was relatively unharmed. Physically in any case. Emotionally? Well, most people wouldn't have taken TVs being burned up too personally. But to Sam it was like seeing his own people being burned alive! This wouldn't stand! He'd find who was responsible for this and he'd make them pay!
Outside would have been plenty for Sam to do. Fire was everywhere, people were stampeding from the Iceberg Lounge and gunfire echoed strangely between the screams. Unless something was done, a lot of people were going to be hurt by the panic alone.

-------------
"...dude. You have bone claws?! Little spikes of sharpened bony stabbers. That's so cool!" The focus on the fire was drawn away by this. "Fine by me. It takes two to tango, senorita."
She ran forward and... her spider-sense, if she had one, didn't go off? Instead, she just positioned herself between Spider-Girl and Cobblepot. "Y'know what? Cooler heads. Shit's getting real outside. You wanna spend time fighting with me or helping the innocent people out there getting firebombed?"

Rayleen brought her arms up in a guard position and shrugged her shoulders, bony protrusions popping out from her shoulders as well, those and her bone claws glistening with some sort of substance that made the air smell acrid. "Your choice."
The next moment, concussive waves of sound slammed into the direction of Spider Girl and Queen of Hearts. The Pulse Rifles were living up to their name, this particular bit meant for non-lethal incapacitate for riots. The idea was to mess up the internal sense of balance, nauseate and sicken violent protesters for easy pacification. Repeated attacks though, like most things had potential to do irreparable damage.

And Hammer Industries saw an opportunity to take.

How better to take out an enemy soldier, if they couldn't even so much as hold a gun or their lunch?

"Waste these bitches!"

------------
rady

I lift the pretty blue haired girl over my head gently, holding her high.

" Alright, kick off my shoulders, and we'll aim for the three in the middle"

" Bombs away " As I throw my new friend into the fray below.

Shortly thereafter I jump myself, aiming for a different group .
Before she kicked off, Harper pulled out two escrima sticks. She managed to land right on top of a thug. When she made contact, she immediately wrapped her legs around the man and winked at him before shoving the two escirma sticks into his back, which sent about 100,000 volts through his body every second, knocking him out instantly, luckily not killing the guy.

To take out the next guy, she kicked off him and used her weight against his to her advantage by doing a backflip immediately when she kicked off. Next she tugged out a pistol, which shot out around a 50,000 volts each round and shot both of them square in the chest, knocking them out instantly.
bluebird.jpg
She then landed it and placed one hand on her hip, pretending to blow smoke out of the weapon before putting it away. Harper looked at Grady to see what he would do next.
The same thing would happen to Harper and Grady, glass champagne flutes shattering as the club shook with the new weaponry before the order to shoot came in.

But around that point for Grady, Harper, Queen and Spider-Girl within the club....

-And with that, he went into a steep dive, heading down to crash through Penguin's sky light and into the lounge proper as he dropped incendiary grenades every which way.

"BRING THE HEAT!"
The good part though, was that it made the sound waves stop as the thugs ran for cover.

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @Gands @york @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer

The next moment, concussive waves of sound slammed into the direction of Spider Girl and Queen of Hearts. The Pulse Rifles were living up to their name, this particular bit meant for non-lethal incapacitate for riots. The idea was to mess up the internal sense of balance, nauseate and sicken violent protesters for easy pacification. Repeated attacks though, like most things had potential to do irreparable damage.

How better to take out an enemy soldier, if they couldn't even so much as hold a gun or their lunch?

"Waste these bitches!"

------------

The same thing would happen to Harper and Grady, glass champagne flutes shattering as the club shook with the new weaponry before the order to shoot came in.

Upon hearing the total ear shredding pulse waves, Harper immediately grabbed her ears and shouted in pain. "Ah! Damn it!" Was all she managed to say before collapsing onto the ground from the sound.

But around that point for Grady, Harper, Queen and Spider-Girl within the club....

The good part though, was that it made the sound waves stop as the thugs ran for cover.

When the sound waves stopped, Harper stood up and stumbled a bit. "Jesus Christ, that was awful." She then looked over to the men and smirked before heading over to cover and patching into her comms. "Yo, Little Wing, it's getting heated in here. I'm gonna need you down here so we can take out Firefly's hired guns." Harper said. There were a ton of guys, and all the more help she had the better. She quickly tugged out a pistol, yes Harper does use actual guns, and began taking out thugs left and right.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Gands @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Cobblepot... Disappeared. A panel closing up in the floor where he used to be.

Thankfully, Rayleen had other tricks. Once the pulse rifles started, she simply forsook her sense of hearing for the most part with bone covering for her ears.

Once the fire bombs started, she followed Cobblepot down his secret exit... Or she would have if he hadn't locked it behind him.

"Shit. What an ass." She took advantage of the thugs distraction and headed for the service entrance around back.

"Don't get cocky." Taskmaster wheeled around toward Firefly and did something the Bat would never do...

He crashed his cycle directly into Firefly, leaping aside and grapple gunning away right as he collided with the pyro.

@Ringmaster @Gands @C.T. @thatguyinthestore @Chewy Rabbits @Schnee Corp Lawyer

She ran forward and... her spider-sense, if she had one, didn't go off? Instead, she just positioned herself between Spider-Girl and Cobblepot. "Y'know what? Cooler heads. Shit's getting real outside. You wanna spend time fighting with me or helping the innocent people out there getting firebombed?"

Rayleen brought her arms up in a guard position and shrugged her shoulders, bony protrusions popping out from her shoulders as well, those and her bone claws glistening with some sort of substance that made the air smell acrid. "Your choice."
"Wow. You're really going to play that card. No respect. Trying to force stuck an option between a rock and a hard place. Unfortunately for you, I can do both. And I'm not alone here--" Alarm bells began to ring, pulsing loudly in her head as her sense triggered a split second before it hit. Not a lot of time, but enough to steel herself.​

"Waste these bitches!"​
The blasts pushed her back a little, but that was not the real problem. The urge to vomit was strong, still, she resisted. She had deep-dish pizza for dinner and like hell she was going to let that delicious slice of heaven come back out. Not if she had anything to say about it. "You know..." Anya forced herself forward, glaring at the one who spoke. "I really don't like that word." Her hands snapped up, quick thwips of webbing shooting out to try and rip the weapons right out of their hands.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @thatguyinthestore

Grady

It seemed like all hell was breaking loose. I sit in the rubble for an extra moment to get out my phone and send a text to April.

{ text }{ April, get to your father, don't leave his side. They are hitting the Iceberg, there are going to be plenty of dead, with luck, I'll see you afterword's. Grady out. }

There, done... and whallah, I can hear again. I don't see Raylene, Penguin or much else besides dust and fire. I get up, intending to jump down and well... do something. The top of that big truck down there makes an easy target.
My cane is in my hand, ready to defend or play whack a thug as I leap down to it in a fighting crouch.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T.

Elsewhere, across town, at the long-since-left-behind Warehouse Eighteen...

VM9agrQ.jpg

A figure stood alone in a room, eyeballing (singular) the self-detonated remains of what had once been some kind of sealed strongbox. Now, a slagged mess. Probably burned up about forty minutes to an hour ago if the metal temperature was anything to go by. Around the boardroom table holding it were a loose colonnade of scattered chairs, hardly touched.

"He meant what, 8 sharp? Go to hell, Riddler. This is Gotham's problem. I'll show up when I goddamn want."

There was a general rule that Gotham's problem meant Batman's problem, and he dealt with his problems in-house. She hadn't bought for a second that the caped dweeb was the one texting for help. After that deduction, the list of established names with a liking for thin acronyms and a big enough mancrush on the bat to round up a posse in his name wasn't that big.

"And you weren't subtle."

Obviously someone had been more punctual than she was and showed on time, so the posse was rounded up after all; It was gonna be one of those group things. She wasn't worried. No doubt Nigma only approached seasoned pros for a job of this caliber, not a buncha kids or anything.

Well, anyway. Looked like she had some tracking to do.​

Grady

It seemed like all hell was breaking loose. I sit in the rubble for an extra moment to get out my phone and send a text to April.

{ text }{ April, get to your father, don't leave his side. They are hitting the Iceberg, there are going to be plenty of dead, with luck, I'll see you afterword's. Grady out. }

There, done... and whallah, I can hear again. I don't see Raylene, Penguin or much else besides dust and fire. I get up, intending to jump down and well... do something. The top of that big truck down there makes an easy target.
My cane is in my hand, ready to defend or play whack a thug as I leap down to it in a fighting crouch.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T.
Harper noticed Grady and grappled up to his location, narrowly evading the gunfire as she did so. When she got up there, she took cover alongside him and handed him three small devices, which looked like landmines except the center was blue. "On my count, throw these directly in the center of the men. If we can time it right, then I can blow pretty much all of those guys to hell with these babies alone."

Where was Damian in all of this mess?

At first and even briefly after Firefly and his goons broke in, he was busy. A little surprise for Cobblepot and his supposed friends in blue. But that still left time unaccounted for, and he still hadn't appeared since.

Which was because he'd slipped through the confusing mess of a melee like a ghost and had just finished slicing through the bottom of the truck bed to get access to the bomb.

"morons. Of course even Cobblepots' own lackeys just ignore the bomb in the middle of his home.I should just let the stupid thing explode. Ten mintues would be plenty of time to evacuate anyone who's not a criminal. No, clearly mindless brawling next to the explosives is the best course of action for everyone involved. Ugh."

All of that complaining was done while Damian was defusing the bomb at least, hopefully undetected so that Firefly didn't get itchy with the extra detonator Damian was assuming he had.

@Ringmaster

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
Elsewhere, across town, at the long-since-left-behind Warehouse Eighteen...

VM9agrQ.jpg

A figure stood alone in a room, eyeballing (singular) the self-detonated remains of what had once been some kind of sealed strongbox. Now, a slagged mess. Probably burned up about forty minutes to an hour ago if the metal temperature was anything to go by. Around the boardroom table holding it were a loose colonnade of scattered chairs, hardly touched.

"He meant what, 8 sharp? Go to hell, Riddler. This is Gotham's problem. I'll show up when I goddamn want."

There was a general rule that Gotham's problem meant Batman's problem, and he dealt with his problems in-house. She hadn't bought for a second that the caped dweeb was the one texting for help. After that deduction, the list of established names with a liking for thin acronyms and a big enough mancrush on the bat to round up a posse in his name wasn't that big.

"And you weren't subtle."

Obviously someone had been more punctual than she was and showed on time, so the posse was rounded up after all; It was gonna be one of those group things. She wasn't worried. No doubt Nigma only approached seasoned pros for a job of this caliber, not a buncha kids or anything.

Well, anyway. Looked like she had some tracking to do.​

6547.jpg

"You."

The figure stepped out of the shadows, his movements silent as the passing breeze. His clothing was a mixture of the archaic, a theatrical appearance to shock any who saw him. But if his posture and build was any indication, the very serviceable kama scythe hand blades told her a story of its own. That either he was too confident to use a gun...

Or he didn't need one.

For a beat, he stared at her before pointing at the box.

"He will answer for his attempts to meddle. And so it shall be for you, if you chase this course. Leave our secrets be and we will leave you be. Chase us...And burn with the rest of this benighted city."

A smoke bomb tossed and the figure was gone. His trail if examined, would be enough to follow if she wished...But if she had any sort of radio scanner, she'd pick up news on something big going down at the Iceberg Lounge...What path she followed, was up to her.

@OrlandoBloomers

--------------
Where was Damian in all of this mess?

At first and even briefly after Firefly and his goons broke in, he was busy. A little surprise for Cobblepot and his supposed friends in blue. But that still left time unaccounted for, and he still hadn't appeared since.

Which was because he'd slipped through the confusing mess of a melee like a ghost and had just finished slicing through the bottom of the truck bed to get access to the bomb.

"morons. Of course even Cobblepots' own lackeys just ignore the bomb in the middle of his home.I should just let the stupid thing explode. Ten mintues would be plenty of time to anyone who's not a criminal. No, clearly mindless brawling next to the explosives is the best course of action for everyone involved. Ugh."

All of that complaining was done while Damian was defusing the bomb at least, hopefully undetected so that Firefly didn't get itchy with the extra detonator Damian was assuming he had.
Thankfully, Firefly would be a little busy right about now, and the bomb would be safely defused with only three minutes left to go before it exploded. Good thing someone remembered that. As for Firefly?
"Don't get cocky." Taskmaster wheeled around toward Firefly and did something the Bat would never do...

He crashed his cycle directly into Firefly, leaping aside and grapple gunning away right as he collided with the pyro.
And a sky cycle would fly through the broken glass ceiling, smacking into the criminal right into the iceberg itself. His pack was damaged, but still flyable as he wheezed with broken ribs and a mad cackle.

He had already accomplished his current objective, as the fires from his grenades spread all over the club.
The blasts pushed her back a little, but that was not the real problem. The urge to vomit was strong, still, she resisted. She had deep-dish pizza for dinner and like hell she was going to let that delicious slice of heaven come back out. Not if she had anything to say about it. "You know..." Anya forced herself forward, glaring at the one who spoke. "I really don't like that word." Her hands snapped up, quick thwips of webbing shooting out to try and rip the weapons right out of their hands.

Harper noticed Grady and grappled up to his location, narrowly evading the gunfire as she did so. When she got up there, she took cover alongside him and handed him three small devices, which looked like landmines except the center was blue. "On my count, throw these directly in the center of the men. If we can time it right, then I can blow pretty much all of those guys to hell with these babies alone."

"HOW ABOUT A LITTLE FIRE, SCARECROW!" and aiming the flamethrower, he turned it up to high as he blasted a twenty foot stream of flame down from his height, uncaring who he caught up in it, so long as Taskmaster, Spider-Girl, Harper and Grady were caught in it as screams filled the chaotic air.

"THINK FAST, 'HEROES!'"

@Michale CS @C.T. @Gands @thatguyinthestore @Schnee Corp Lawyer

----------
"Shit. What an ass." She took advantage of the thugs distraction and headed for the service entrance around back.
It was most likely nothing, but it looked as though the entrance was already swinging open. Someone had came through recently at least, though the way was clear for escape.

Outside? There was still a major need for crowd control.

@Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits

"HOW ABOUT A LITTLE FIRE, SCARECROW!" and aiming the flamethrower, he turned it up to high as he blasted a twenty foot stream of flame down from his height, uncaring who he caught up in it, so long as Taskmaster, Spider-Girl, Harper and Grady were caught in it as screams filled the chaotic air.

"THINK FAST, 'HEROES!'"

@Michale CS @C.T. @Gands @thatguyinthestore @Schnee Corp Lawyer

If it wasn't for Firefly yelling before he fired the flamethrower, she would be nothing but a Fried Harpo at this point in time. The second he yelled, Harper looked up and noticed his flamethrower. She grappled up to a scaffolding, dodging the fire just as it was about to burn her alive.

"Alright, Sparky. Now you're playing with the big guns." She muttered. Harper then looked down at her gauntlet and brought up an integrated display of the Batwing. She then took control of it from her gauntlet and flew it right outside of the Iceberg Lounge, and right behind where Firefly was standing on the iceberg. Lucky for her, most of the glass had been broken from the attack, giving her an easy shot. She then pressed a button on her gauntlet, and the second she did that a net reminiscent of one someone would use to catch a ton of fish with flew out of the Batwing toward Firefly. If it landed on him, he would be shocked with around 100,000 volts the second it came in contact with him.

@Ringmaster

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.