3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Body Parts
yellow Power Level: Talented Human to Enhanced (@Ringmaster @Gands Sections BUT if you have any questions on using a particular character, send a PM to @Ringmaster regarding the bulk of this event!),

red Enhanced to Superhuman ( LIMITED @Michale CS sections, your mileage may vary, and it will be a SMALL role in the overall plot, just to include those who are outside the range but whose PCs are in the area IC )

Look/Feel: [ Mob War/Riot - Marvel's Netflix MCU level ] No player cap!

This is an invite-only RP, but everyone in Epic Crossover is already considered invited! Note this is a major event with THREE GMS, @Gands @Michale CS and @Ringmaster. All collaboration to be handled in an Iwaku Conversation or on Discord.

'Nuff Said!

[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Damian wasn't ever a big proponent of 'go through the front door'. Cobblepot was a crook who didn't deserve the honor of playing host to him. If it were up to Damian, the squat arms dealer would be dangling out the nearest window with a bit of rope and whatever meager amount of mercy he could muster being the the only thing between Penguin and a penguin omelette on the street below. But if the girls wanted to play 'diplomat' with him... he supposed it couldn't hurt. Worse came to worse, he could just bust in and do it his way regardless. The likely scenario, but on rare occasion violence wasn't the answer.

He wasn't about to play babysitter though, so when one of the girls just gave up her mask he just snorted and rolled his eyes from where he was above the group, dangling from one of the hanging lights that lit up the massive club. Roof access had been relatively simple, only a few guards that needed to be unconcious on the way in. One sonic batarang embedded into the wall later, and he was listening in to the VIP room as well.
He made a few humming noises to himself. "And why would I... a humble night club owner, have any sort of dealings in such... barbaric things? Hmm?"

Cobblepot shook his head. "If... such things just happened to come into town? Well... why don't we be reasonable here and work this out logically? Selling expensive things cheaply is not ever... how I do business. Even before I reformed from my errant ways and became the respectable businessman I am now, that is the best way to go out of business. Listen to this next part, very... very... carefully. The only way that anyone would do such a thing is if someone else were... Footing the bill. That, and the clue that was in that very cleverly worded text message that brought you lovely ladies in on this escapade? That should give you the information that you need... But, I'm being rude!" He clapped his hands and an aide came to his side.

"Bring these two lovely ladies some corsages. Use... the purple snapdragons, yes?" The man nodded and headed out of the room.

He sipped at his brandy. "Feel free. Brandy, caviar, and foie gras, with some delightful sesame crackers..." Cobblepot gestured at the table which was indeed set up for company to share.

@C.T. @thatguyinthestore @Ringmaster
Harper's comm activated again in a crackle of static as Damian whispered into his own from his hiding place. "He's implicating the Foot clan and the Purple dragons, in case your wordplay is rusty."

@Michale CS @C.T. @thatguyinthestore

Harper's comm activated again in a crackle of static as Damian whispered into his own from his hiding place. "He's implicating the Foot clan and the Purple dragons, in case your wordplay is rusty."
Cobblepot snorted, out of nowhere, for no apparent reason. "Oh dear. It's happened again. You see, now and then, because of the vaulted ceilings in here. a bird gets into the club. I do hope it finds its way out soon. I'd hate for it to... bash its poor little head on a window and hurt itself. I'm quite an avian aficionado, you see. Birds being hurt are the bane of my existence. I simply can't let bear the little things be hurt."

Damien, however, heard a heavy thump on the roof of the Iceberg, being that he was so close to it in his position.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @thatguyinthestore

Damian wasn't ever a big proponent of 'go through the front door'. Cobblepot was a crook who didn't deserve the honor of playing host to him. If it were up to Damian, the squat arms dealer would be dangling out the nearest window with a bit of rope and whatever meager amount of mercy he could muster being the the only thing between Penguin and a penguin omelette on the street below. But if the girls wanted to play 'diplomat' with him... he supposed it couldn't hurt. Worse came to worse, he could just bust in and do it his way regardless. The likely scenario, but on rare occasion violence wasn't the answer.

He wasn't about to play babysitter though, so when one of the girls just gave up her mask he just snorted and rolled his eyes from where he was above the group, dangling from one of the hanging lights that lit up the massive club. Roof access had been relatively simple, only a few guards that needed to be unconcious on the way in. One sonic batarang embedded into the wall later, and he was listening in to the VIP room as well.

@Michale CS @C.T. @thatguyinthestore
Cobblepot snorted, out of nowhere, for no apparent reason. "Oh dear. It's happened again. You see, now and then, because of the vaulted ceilings in here. a bird gets into the club. I do hope it finds its way out soon. I'd hate for it to... bash its poor little head on a window and hurt itself. I'm quite an avian aficionado, you see. Birds being hurt are the bane of my existence. I simply can't let bear the little things be hurt."

Damien, however, heard a heavy thump on the roof of the Iceberg, being that he was so close to it in his position.

Harper was leaving whenever her comms came back on. She rose a brow when she heard what Damian said. She heard of these guys before, but not in Gotham City. "Thanks, Robin. Y'know you could actual-" Just then, she heard the thump on the roof along with Penguin's statement. "Oh, enough with the damn wordplay already!" She said before running outside and flicking on her comms. "Well, judging by Cobblepot's oh so clever wordplay, looks like we have to deal with Bane now." She said before flicking them off.

@Michale CS @C.T. @Gands @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Damian glanced up and let off a quiet 'tch' before he put his fingers back up to the comms activator on his mask.

"You upgraded your surveillance since the last time we put you in cuffs. Almost impressive for an oaf. Don't worry Cobblepot, there's no bats here. Just me."

There was a beat before he continued.

"Which in retrospect means you should worry. If the Bat was here I'd have to stick to just breaking a bone or two if you don't cooperate instead of skewering you on my blade like you deserve. Don't test my patience Cobblepot. Answer the girl's- *hup!* -questions and I won't ruin your carpets and medical bills in one go."

Whoever it was (in case Bane brought friends or Cobblepot just pulled that out of his backside in a panic) that came to find Damian, the light was still lightly swinging in the air from his presence, but the boy himself had moved.

Which also meant he couldn't sass Harper back since he was maintaining silence, but he definitely did his best to send it via his nonexistant telepathy : |

Damian glanced up and let off a quiet 'tch' before he put his fingers back up to the comms activator on his mask.

"You upgraded your surveillance since the last time we put you in cuffs. Almost impressive for an oaf. Don't worry Cobblepot, there's no bats here. Just me."

There was a beat before he continued.

"Which in retrospect means you should worry. If the Bat was here I'd have to stick to just breaking a bone or two if you don't cooperate instead of skewering you on my blade like you deserve. Don't test my patience Cobblepot. Answer the girl's- *hup!* -questions and I won't ruin your carpets and medical bills in one go."

Whoever it was (in case Bane brought friends or Cobblepot just pulled that out of his backside in a panic) that came to find Damian, the light was still lightly swinging in the air from his presence, but the boy himself had moved.

Which also meant he couldn't sass Harper back since he was maintaining silence, but he definitely did his best to send it via his nonexistant telepathy : |

"Yeah, the food and such was great, but I still haven't gotten to the main course yet." She then walked over to Cobblepot and looked down at him. "So, we've established that you got the weapons from the Foot Clan and the Purple Dragons. Any whereabouts, hideouts, or maybe even names?"

Well... were there any other questions you lovely ladies had?" Cobblepot asked, not responding to Damian at all.
[fieldbox="VIP Room, Blue, Solid"] "Oh dear, someone's triggered the silent alarm in the storehouse level above the club. That means that GCPD may well pay me a visit, and darn it, being the proprietor, I'm bound to be asked a lot of questions by our boys in blue... so, if you have any other questions, you'd better ask them quickly..."[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="On The Roof, Grey, Dotted"] But, awesome detective and stealth master that he was for his age, Damian just found that he was being encouraged... strongly, to leave the premises. He had arranged a meeting - had been polite and courteous. And Damian had broken in, and assaulted some of his guards. There was no Bane on the roof. In fact, he couldn't find any source for the mysterious thump. Something that he might find a bit worrisome, until he looked behind him. How the hell did a guy in white get so damned close to him? "Rookie mistakes. When the enemy is in parley, you don't violate that and make them clam up. Work the conversation, take the clues. Don't... break in and threaten. That's the thug's way. You're not a thug, are you kid?" Taskmaster asked, his arms crossed across his chest. [/fieldbox]

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @thatguyinthestore

Last edited:
Grady

I've managed to get into the club. The bouncer is familiar with me now. I have a seat, where I can see the area where the girls went and can react if necessary while I wait for Miss Thorne.

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T.
Being sent out by Cobblepot, - and a changing of the guard where one of the standard bouncers filled in her place - Rayleen closed in on Grady. "Ah! Grady! Can you... come back with me to the VIP Room? Things might get really messy here and I really don't want there to be a scene here."

@Gands

"Well... were there any other questions you lovely ladies had?" Cobblepot asked, not responding to Damian at all. "Oh dear, someone's triggered the silent alarm in the storehouse level above the club. That means that GCPD may well pay me a visit, and darn it, being the proprietor, I'm bound to be asked a lot of questions by our boys in blue... so, if you have any other questions, you'd better ask them quickly..."

But, awesome detective and stealth master that he was for his age, Damian just found that he was being encouraged... strongly, to leave the premises. He had arranged a meeting - had been polite and courteous. And Damian had broken in, and assaulted some of his guards. There was no Bane on the roof. In fact, he couldn't find any source for the mysterious thump. Something that he might find a bit worrisome, until he looked behind him. How the hell did a guy in white get so damned close to him?

"Rookie mistakes. When the enemy is in parley, you don't violate that and make them clam up. Work the conversation, take the clues. Don't... break in and threaten. That's the thug's way. You're not a thug, are you kid?" Taskmaster asked, his arms crossed across his chest.

However he got onto the roof, Damian glanced slightly over his shoulder so that one eye was trained on Taskmaster past his hood. "I didn't come with intent to parley. Not only is Cobblepot a violent thug himself, he's a coward who'd much rather rat out allies than spend a month in the hospital. The only reason he's not in tears at this exact moment is because those girls wanted to play 'nice'. Euch." he said with a grimace before he turned back to whatever he was doing behind his cloak.

"Besides, he wouldn't have even known I was there had someone had better encryption on their comms. The day Cobblepot has access to better technology than my partner is the day pengiuns fly. The other bird needs to step her game up, apparently. Now, what do you want? Unless... don't tell me you're actually taking money from this oaf?"

@Michale CS

Last edited:
"Well... were there any other questions you lovely ladies had?" Cobblepot asked, not responding to Damian at all. "Oh dear, someone's triggered the silent alarm in the storehouse level above the club. That means that GCPD may well pay me a visit, and darn it, being the proprietor, I'm bound to be asked a lot of questions by our boys in blue... so, if you have any other questions, you'd better ask them quickly..."

But, awesome detective and stealth master that he was for his age, Damian just found that he was being encouraged... strongly, to leave the premises. He had arranged a meeting - had been polite and courteous. And Damian had broken in, and assaulted some of his guards. There was no Bane on the roof. In fact, he couldn't find any source for the mysterious thump. Something that he might find a bit worrisome, until he looked behind him. How the hell did a guy in white get so damned close to him?

"Rookie mistakes. When the enemy is in parley, you don't violate that and make them clam up. Work the conversation, take the clues. Don't... break in and threaten. That's the thug's way. You're not a thug, are you kid?" Taskmaster asked, his arms crossed across his chest.

Harper rolled her eyes and sighed. "Ugh, great. GCPD is on their way." She muttered before looking at Cobblepot. "Alright, you got any locations of these guys? Hideouts? Safehouses? Damn bars where they play cards and drink?"

@C.T. @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @Gands

Reactions: Gands
"Besides, he wouldn't have even known I was there had someone had better encryption on their comms. The day Cobblepot has access to better technology than my partner is the day pengiuns fly. The other bird needs to step her game up, apparently. Now, what do you want? Unless... don't tell me you're actually taking money from this oaf?"
"I want to make sure no one lights up this place because all we need to do is start a fuss. Oh wait... don't tell me you don't know? Of course you don't. See, I've got friends in low places, and you? Me? Those pretty girls in there? Every punk on the street just got let know that any one of them is worth a million bucks. Well not all of them. Just the heads." He snorted, and paced to one corner of the building.

"Don't make assumptions about who I work for. I will tell you this - It's not anyone you'd normally find in the Bat's rogues gallery." He actually laughed.

"So don't go preaching to me about who is and who isn't worth the Frank Castle interrorgation method, kid. You may be smart, but in the end you're still a kid who has a lot of learning to do about how the world works." Taskmaster looked off into the distance. "We've got... four minutes, maybe less, before a patrol car gets here from GCPD. Coin toss on whether or not they're recipients of Cobblepot's generosity. Do you wanna be down there throttling a Penguin when they show up?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Grady

I give Miss Thorne a nod and a smile, following her back to the VIP room. I look the room over to check for other notables as we walk. As usual, in public, I am walking with my cane and my limp.

"Someone is trying to stir up more folks, I hope crap doesn't start in here too, but."

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @thatguyinthestore
"It has. We have guests, as you see." She gestures to Spider-Girl and Harper. "And one more, at least. Above, somewhere... being... subtle." Rayleen shrugs.

"Things have gotten a special kind of... remarkable, lately, Grady."

@Gands

Grady

" You don't know all of it, and I'm not sure you want to. Someone has riled up these girls and a couple of others. I think it isn't who they think it is at all. Someone sent out messages to folks pretending to be the Bat.

Now, every mob in town is on a knife's edge. "

" So what can you tell me Raylene ? "

At this point we are in the VIP room.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T.

"I want to make sure no one lights up this place because all we need to do is start a fuss. Oh wait... don't tell me you don't know? Of course you don't. See, I've got friends in low places, and you? Me? Those pretty girls in there? Every punk on the street just got let know that any one of them is worth a million bucks. Well not all of them. Just the heads." He snorted, and paced to one corner of the building.

"Don't make assumptions about who I work for. I will tell you this - It's not anyone you'd normally find in the Bat's rogues gallery." He actually laughed.

"So don't go preaching to me about who is and who isn't worth the Frank Castle interrorgation method, kid. You may be smart, but in the end you're still a kid who has a lot of learning to do about how the world works." Taskmaster looked off into the distance. "We've got... four minutes, maybe less, before a patrol car gets here from GCPD. Coin toss on whether or not they're recipients of Cobblepot's generosity. Do you wanna be down there throttling a Penguin when they show up?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"Any punk on the street would be on the ground before he even had a thought about raising a gun at me" he replied coolly. "And I don't think the lawkeepers in this city would particularly care either way. I've been taken on justice league missions, I've worked with the titans, and my partner has a longstanding alliance with the police for a while now. If they did care, given the modelling of the VIP room I could bar it for a good fifteen minutes till heavy duty support arrived. Not that I would need more than five." He sneered as he tapped a few buttons on his gauntlet and watched something on the inside of his mask.

"I know what I'm doing, you glorified hired gun. Do not underestimate me for my youth. You wouldn't be the first foe to die because of it."

There was a pause as he finished confirming the bounties.

"Though it seems we aren't foes. For now and unfortunately." He sighed and lowered his arm. "I'll give those girls another minute before I just make Cobblepot tell us what we need. Servant?" he said, tapping his comms again.

"Really, Master Damian? I thought we were past that. if you insist on that term I will have to insist on Haggis for breakfast-"

"Oh calm down, other ears. Just get me the dossier my partner or the league has on these two. New faces, don't want to be surprised. And do not tell my partner." He added with a frown. No need for father to swoop in and steal all his glory, he already had enough baggage with these other three to worry about keeping him from getting hurt. As usual.

"...*Sigh* very good sir. I'll have them to you in a moment, if they're available."​

Last edited:
"Any punk on the street would be on the ground before he even had a thought about raising a gun at me" he replied coolly. "And I don't think the lawkeepers in this city would particularly care either way. I've been taken on justice league missions, I've worked with the titans, and my partner has a longstanding alliance with the police for a while now. If they did care, given the modelling of the VIP room I could bar it for a good fifteen minutes till heavy duty support arrived. Not that I would need more than five." He sneered as he tapped a few buttons on his gauntlet and watched something on the inside of his mask.

"I know what I'm doing, you glorified hired gun. Do not underestimate me for my youth. You wouldn't be the first foe to die because of it."
"You don't get it. An all out war is about to explode and you want to add to it? I'm not underestimating you for your youth. I'm just about right with gauging when you're about to have a temper tantrum because you can't take a little criticism. What do you want, a participation trophy? Fine, you wanna cause an episode here at a place with a couple hundred civilians then you're not worthy of your legacy. I for one am not going to be here when your little display ends up on the TV news. How proud would your... partner be if he knew you instigated a shootout with this many innocent lives at risk? Or are you just playing at being the good kid, but deep down you take after people like the one you want to go down there and wring answers out of?" Taskmaster just shook his head and took a leap off of the building, a sky cycle very close to the ones that the Avengers ride around on catching his descent as he took off.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"You don't get it. An all out war is about to explode and you want to add to it? I'm not underestimating you for your youth. I'm just about right with gauging when you're about to have a temper tantrum because you can't take a little criticism. What do you want, a participation trophy? Fine, you wanna cause an episode here at a place with a couple hundred civilians then you're not worthy of your legacy. I for one am not going to be here when your little display ends up on the TV news. How proud would your... partner be if he knew you instigated a shootout with this many innocent lives at risk? Or are you just playing at being the good kid, but deep down you take after people like the one you want to go down there and wring answers out of?" Taskmaster just shook his head and took a leap off of the building, a sky cycle very close to the ones that the Avengers ride around on catching his descent as he took off.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"Moron" Was all Damian muttered in response to that before he finished his checks. Truly and kind and understanding child​

Last edited:
Harper sighed and looked at her. "Well, maybe you could go change out of that costume so people won't know your identity. There's probably an outfit around here." She whispered.
"Yeeeeeeeeah I don't think that'll work either. I don't know about you but my secret identity is too important to risk selling out to a strange arm dealer and the men who work for him."

"That's why we're going to go to the VIP room, senorita. Just wait here. No one is looking to expose any secret identities... Five minutes. I'm sure Mr. Cobblepot is already aware of your presence. Especially since I got a certain text message too... I just... declined the invitation..." She waggled her phone at Spider-Girl as she sashayed off to arrange the room.

...which didn't take long.

It wasn't too long before they were in a lavishly appointed room with Cobblepot sitting across the round table from the others, and Rayleen at his side.

"I assume you have many, many questions for me. I'll answer what I can, and what I can't... well... I can't. I am a reasonable man, but these are unreasonable times. So, ladies... ask away."

@C.T. @thatguyinthestore
"I am just so honored." Anya rolled her eyes at the VIP room invitation. Once she got there, she just took a good long look at Cobblepot, reclining in a chair on the other end of the table...and she just laughed. Laughter so hard that she smacked the table a few times while doubled over, and eventually miming in wiping away tears despite still wearing her mask.​

Even from across the table, Harper could smell the stench of cigar smoke on Cobblepot's breath. Harper back on the chair and placed her feet up on the table. "Charming as ever, Mr. Cobblepot. Let's cut to the chase." Harper tugged out her phone and showed Penguin a picture of the gun that was mentioned earlier. "Now, we understand that these are being sold at extremely low prices, especially for weapons like this. We won't go to the cops or Batman, don't worry. We just want to know who gave you the weapons."
"..." Her eyes narrowed slightly, a bit suspicious. First the carefree ditching of the mask, now the reassurance that they wouldn't go to the cops or the real slim shady Batman. Who is this person really?

He made a few humming noises to himself. "And why would I... a humble night club owner, have any sort of dealings in such... barbaric things? Hmm?"

Cobblepot shook his head. "If... such things just happened to come into town? Well... why don't we be reasonable here and work this out logically? Selling expensive things cheaply is not ever... how I do business. Even before I reformed from my errant ways and became the respectable businessman I am now, that is the best way to go out of business. Listen to this next part, very... very... carefully. The only way that anyone would do such a thing is if someone else were... Footing the bill. That, and the clue that was in that very cleverly worded text message that brought you lovely ladies in on this escapade? That should give you the information that you need... But, I'm being rude!" He clapped his hands and an aide came to his side.

"Bring these two lovely ladies some corsages. Use... the purple snapdragons, yes?" The man nodded and headed out of the room.

He sipped at his brandy. "Feel free. Brandy, caviar, and foie gras, with some delightful sesame crackers..." Cobblepot gestured at the table which was indeed set up for company to share.

@C.T. @thatguyinthestore @Ringmaster
The way he emphasized footing...and that indication he was in on that message they had gotten. Cleverly worded. Hmph. Gotta check it out again later, I guess she thought to herself.

"Sorry but we didn't come here for the food and drinks--"

Harper listened closely and nodded as the man spoke. When he was finished, Harper decided that it wouldn't hurt if they stayed to eat. "Well, I haven't eaten since this morning. Why not?" She asked. "Oh, and I'd like a glass of water to drink, please." She said to the man before he left. She wasn't one to decline free food, after all.

After she finished eating her food, she stood up and nodded to Penguin. "Thank you so much Mr. Cobblepot. You have really been of assistance. Oh, and I love the flowers by the way."

@Michale CS @C.T. @Gands
tumblr_ncy28dEoc11sqep2mo3_400.png

"...I didn't come here for food and drinks?" Anya corrected herself. If miss impromptu partner wanted to stuff her face now, by all means.

"Yeah well, guess what? Some bird is gonna get hurt if he doesn't give us some straightforward answers!" She clenched her fists. "Tell me something, chico. Is your face fist-proof?"

Harper was leaving whenever her comms came back on. She rose a brow when she heard what Damian said. She heard of these guys before, but not in Gotham City. "Thanks, Robin. Y'know you could actual-" Just then, she heard the thump on the roof along with Penguin's statement. "Oh, enough with the damn wordplay already!" She said before running outside and flicking on her comms. "Well, judging by Cobblepot's oh so clever wordplay, looks like we have to deal with Bane now." She said before flicking them off.

"...Alright, bye?" Spider-Girl shrugged, only hearing half of that conversation from Harper's end. "Bane?"

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Yeeeeeeeeah I don't think that'll work either. I don't know about you but my secret identity is too important to risk selling out to a strange arm dealer and the men who work for him."

"I am just so honored." Anya rolled her eyes at the VIP room invitation. Once she got there, she just took a good long look at Cobblepot, reclining in a chair on the other end of the table...and she just laughed. Laughter so hard that she smacked the table a few times while doubled over, and eventually miming in wiping away tears despite still wearing her mask.​

"..." Her eyes narrowed slightly, a bit suspicious. First the carefree ditching of the mask, now the reassurance that they wouldn't go to the cops or the real slim shady Batman. Who is this person really?

The way he emphasized footing...and that indication he was in on that message they had gotten. Cleverly worded. Hmph. Gotta check it out again later, I guess she thought to herself.

"Sorry but we didn't come here for the food and drinks--"

tumblr_ncy28dEoc11sqep2mo3_400.png

"...I didn't come here for food and drinks?" Anya corrected herself. If miss impromptu partner wanted to stuff her face now, by all means.

"Yeah well, guess what? Some bird is gonna get hurt if he doesn't give us some straightforward answers!" She clenched her fists. "Tell me something, chico. Is your face fist-proof?"

"...Alright, bye?" Spider-Girl shrugged, only hearing half of that conversation from Harper's end. "Bane?"

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @Schnee Corp Lawyer
She looked at Anya and rolled her eyes. How does she not know who Bane is? She thought. "Bane is a buffed up Mexican guy who's got beef with Batman. Broke his back like fifteen years ago. Lucky we don't have to deal with him, though. We just have to make this little bird sing before Gordon's boys in blue show up and spoil our fun."

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Gands

Status
Not open for further replies.