3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Body Parts
yellow Power Level: Talented Human to Enhanced (@Ringmaster @Gands Sections BUT if you have any questions on using a particular character, send a PM to @Ringmaster regarding the bulk of this event!),

red Enhanced to Superhuman ( LIMITED @Michale CS sections, your mileage may vary, and it will be a SMALL role in the overall plot, just to include those who are outside the range but whose PCs are in the area IC )

Look/Feel: [ Mob War/Riot - Marvel's Netflix MCU level ] No player cap!

This is an invite-only RP, but everyone in Epic Crossover is already considered invited! Note this is a major event with THREE GMS, @Gands @Michale CS and @Ringmaster. All collaboration to be handled in an Iwaku Conversation or on Discord.

'Nuff Said!

[/CENTER]

Last edited:
To say that Tiger Claw was pissed was an understatement.

Secrecy had been flung out the window and he had been compromised- Only the fact his mutated state was more hardy and reacted differently to particular venom's ensured he was alive to tell the tale, though considering his masters fury that was up in the air as well. He felt nauseous, dazed...The Jokers brand of chemicals had a reputation of their own, a reputation well-earned. The Foot clan garrison in the lower undercity of Gotham approached him, but he snarled and waved them off. Rest could wait.

The Master had to know.

------

Four hours later, the Foot Clan would be gone with not a trace left behind. Save one item that the figure walking quietly would surmise.

A wakizashi wrapped in rice paper, the message clear as the figure grimaced and held it up for examination.

S25-BATMAN-home.jpg

"Looks like I came here just in time."

@C.T. @york @Gands @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Nomad-22 @ch0sen1 @mr_pibbs @Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Raven @Icarusleopard @thatguyinthestore @Angelic Fusion @Chewy Rabbits @Kingof192 @LuckycoolHawk9 @OrlandoBloomers @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra

Three Days later....

WtY6Ac.png

Gotham was a city that harbored many secrets in the darkness, building upon the foundations of bone and old blood. It was a place of terror, of horror where the scariest thing reputably was that which styled itself as its protector. The Bat and those who followed him. Perhaps in another time, that would have been enough to have dealt with this...But no longer. The world was a new place now. Full of stranger and twisted things, new enemies with an axe to grind and cash to burn. For too long, those like the Bat, the heroes who had walked the streets had been the biggest thorn in their side. For too long, they had waged their one-man war on crime, costing much profit and face. All by virtue of powers and a costume.

No more.

The war was just beginning....

------

For one reason or another, you had all gotten the anonymous message. It read as the following.

Meet me at Warehouse Eighteen, Gotham City Docks. 8pm.

'Nefarious insight needs justice accordingly.'

-Batman

The date on it was today. Answering the call meant you managed to arrive at the appointed time, the warehouse open and empty, save for a table with chairs and a sealed box of some sort, with a keypad. It appeared to want a password of some kind.

@C.T. @york @Gands @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Nomad-22 @ch0sen1 @mr_pibbs @Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Raven @Icarusleopard @thatguyinthestore @Angelic Fusion @Chewy Rabbits @Kingof192 @LuckycoolHawk9 @OrlandoBloomers @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra

For one reason or another, you had all gotten the anonymous message. It read as the following.

-Batman

The date on it was today. Answering the call meant you managed to arrive at the appointed time, the warehouse open and empty, save for a table with chairs and a sealed box of some sort, with a keypad. It appeared to want a password of some kind.​
"...It seems clear." She thought aloud, sitting perched on one of the walls outside and just leaning over to peek through a window. The message was more than a bit cryptic and just phrased...kinda unusually. Like not the way real people spoke. Add to the fact that the message came anonymously, with no guarantee that it was actually from Batman...

Hence her spending her fair share of time scoping the place out before actually entering. Nothing she could see so far and her sense wasn't going off, so that was good. "Just your average, run-of-the-mill empty warehouse." Anya snarked before hopping off the wall and stepping up to the entrance. The only thing of note were a table, a few chairs...and...a box.

With a keypad, of course, she noticed as she got closer. A password...a grin formed. Finalmente! He estado esperando por siempre utilizarlo otra vez." She had grown fond of hacking as a hobby ever since those training classes. "Let's see if SHIELD training can stack up." If most of the rumors about Batman were true...probably not. Still, didn't hurt to try. Hopefully.

@Ringmaster

Three Days later....

WtY6Ac.png

Gotham was a city that harbored many secrets in the darkness, building upon the foundations of bone and old blood. It was a place of terror, of horror where the scariest thing reputably was that which styled itself as its protector. The Bat and those who followed him. Perhaps in another time, that would have been enough to have dealt with this...But no longer. The world was a new place now. Full of stranger and twisted things, new enemies with an axe to grind and cash to burn. For too long, those like the Bat, the heroes who had walked the streets had been the biggest thorn in their side. For too long, they had waged their one-man war on crime, costing much profit and face. All by virtue of powers and a costume.

No more.

The war was just beginning....

------

-Batman

The date on it was today. Answering the call meant you managed to arrive at the appointed time, the warehouse open and empty, save for a table with chairs and a sealed box of some sort, with a keypad. It appeared to want a password of some kind.

Harper was doing well for herself. She was currently attending Gotham University and she was already at the top of her class, no surprise there. When she wasn't doing school work, she was trying her best to support Cullen. She had the money, sure, but raising a fourteen year old teen while attending a university wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do. She hadn't spoken to Bruce since that night on the rooftop. She kept in contact with him, sure. She spoke to Tim on the occasion as well. Which made this text all the more surprising.

Harper showed up at the warehouse in her usual costume, save for the mask, and walked into the warehouse. She looked around for Bruce, who was no where to be seen. Just some chick that she had never met, some empty chairs, and a box. Cautious, she placed her hand near her escrima sticks on her belt just in case things turned ugly. "Who the hell are you?" Harper asked suspiciously.

Hence her spending her fair share of time scoping the place out before actually entering. Nothing she could see so far and her sense wasn't going off, so that was good. "Just your average, run-of-the-mill empty warehouse." Anya snarked before hopping off the wall and stepping up to the entrance. The only thing of note were a table, a few chairs...and...a box.

With a keypad, of course, she noticed as she got closer. A password...a grin formed. Finalmente! He estado esperando por siempre utilizarlo otra vez." She had grown fond of hacking as a hobby ever since those training classes. "Let's see if SHIELD training can stack up." If most of the rumors about Batman were true...probably not. Still, didn't hurt to try. Hopefully.

Harper showed up at the warehouse in her usual costume, save for the mask, and walked into the warehouse. She looked around for Bruce, who was no where to be seen. Just some chick that she had never met, some empty chairs, and a box. Cautious, she placed her hand near her escrima sticks on her belt just in case things turned ugly. "Who the hell are you?" Harper asked suspiciously.
"..." She paused, looking over her shoulder. Of course, attempting that was easier said than done. Especially with distractions. "Hey there! Don't be too hasty, I'm a friendly. I think. You with Batman on this? I'm Spider-Girl!" Anya introduced herself with a grin. "I mean, one of them. Not really around these parts much, but I got the message so here I am. How about you?"

@thatguyinthestore

A long sigh echoed throughout the room, and a man stepped out of the shadows.

"So. This is who I may be working with..." He looked them over in turn. "It's... adequate. But you know that the Bat doesn't work like this. He doesn't send messages like this, not usually. No, he shows up in your window, where he can be intimidating, right? But, whomever this is, well they think they're drawing all the people who might help the Bat into one place. How better to eliminate them? It's what I'd do, given the situation. However... I'm being paid, so... I am here. Let us hope avidly that we shall all get out of this building in good health."

@thatguyinthestore @C.T. @Ringmaster

"..." She paused, looking over her shoulder. Of course, attempting that was easier said than done. Especially with distractions. "Hey there! Don't be too hasty, I'm a friendly. I think. You with Batman on this? I'm Spider-Girl!" Anya introduced herself with a grin. "I mean, one of them. Not really around these parts much, but I got the message so here I am. How about you?"

@thatguyinthestore
Harper eased her hand away from the weapons and placed it on her hip instead. "Name's Harper. And yeah, I got his text."
A long sigh echoed throughout the room, and a man stepped out of the shadows.

"So. This is who I may be working with..." He looked them over in turn. "It's... adequate. But you know that the Bat doesn't work like this. He doesn't send messages like this, not usually. No, he shows up in your window, where he can be intimidating, right? But, whomever this is, well they think they're drawing all the people who might help the Bat into one place. How better to eliminate them? It's what I'd do, given the situation. However... I'm being paid, so... I am here. Let us hope avidly that we shall all get out of this building in good health."

@thatguyinthestore @C.T. @Ringmaster
Before she could continue, she was met with yet another new face. This time, though, it was some weird skeleton in a white cloak. She nodded at his statement. "Yeah, he usually goes for 'pop in your window at the most awkward times imaginable' route. Hell, I can't remember the last time he sent a text message." She snorted before looking at the box on the table. "Guess you bozos haven't been able to crack this thing yet, huh?" She asked before walking over to it and examining it.

"Guess you bozos haven't been able to crack this thing yet, huh?" She asked before walking over to it and examining it.
"Given it is the most likely source for a trap. No. I figured some other... bozo, could trigger it first." He smirked, sheathing the sword. It wasn't an immediate attack, and it was a puzzle.

"Short, cryptic message. A puzzle in the middle of the room. Does this seem... familiar to anyone here?" Taskmaster crossed his arms.

@Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @C.T.

"Given it is the most likely source for a trap. No. I figured some other... bozo, could trigger it first." He smirked, sheathing the sword. It wasn't an immediate attack, and it was a puzzle.

"Short, cryptic message. A puzzle in the middle of the room. Does this seem... familiar to anyone here?" Taskmaster crossed his arms.

@Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @C.T.
She narrowed her eyes at Taskmaster for his little quip before examining it once more. After thinking for a second, she shook her head. "I mean, unless this is one of Riddler's OCD-elicious scavenger hunts, then no."

Harper eased her hand away from the weapons and placed it on her hip instead. "Name's Harper. And yeah, I got his text."

Before she could continue, she was met with yet another new face. This time, though, it was some weird skeleton in a white cloak. She nodded at his statement. "Yeah, he usually goes for 'pop in your window at the most awkward times imaginable' route. Hell, I can't remember the last time he sent a text message." She snorted before looking at the box on the table. "Guess you bozos haven't been able to crack this thing yet, huh?" She asked before walking over to it and examining it.
"Nice to meet you, Harper. And yeah, I was just about to--"

"...to wait for someone else to try. Yeah. That." Anya stepped away from it, more on edge now.
She narrowed her eyes at Taskmaster for his little quip before examining it once more. After thinking for a second, she shook her head. "I mean, unless this is one of Riddler's OCD-elicious scavenger hunts, then no."

"Let's see if SHIELD training can stack up." If most of the rumors about Batman were true...probably not. Still, didn't hurt to try. Hopefully.
She snorted before looking at the box on the table. "Guess you bozos haven't been able to crack this thing yet, huh?" She asked before walking over to it and examining it.
Attempts at hacking would activate an electric shock, at the slightest attempt to jimmie open the keypad, to say nothing of the right equipment needed. That said if determined enough, it was possible to brute force it open though it'd risk breaking whatever was inside it.

There was was one thing that happened though. After some point, the box clicked open by itself and activated a hologram.

ce6b9b2658fd475c61c9eeb5c679fd6f-1200-80.jpg

"I send a call for those with foresight and instead, seem to get the brute dregs. Le sigh. Hello 'heroes'. Think of me as a 'concerned citizen' of the city of Gotham. I see you all got my message. Unfortunately, I'm not the Bat and even if I were, he wouldn't ask for help if he were dying of thirst in Waterworld. Thankfully, there are those who will for his sake! I apologize for the subterfuge, but considering what's going on lately, I value my skin too highly to get involved in the shenanigans."

The hologram flickered to reveal something else now.

fXTOCkP.jpg

"Now this is a Hammer Industries prototype. Ten millimeter, with a pump action sonic emitter. The internal mechanism, including the rotating breech, is mounted on free-floating rails within a carbon-fiber jacket and the entire assembly is recoil dampened to reduce the effects of muzzle climb during burst and fully-automatic fire. Its official name is the Lawgiver Mark I. Laymen have taken to calling it a 'pulse rifle'."

Returning to his shadowed features, he continued.

"Six months ago, a sizable amount of them were stolen. Easily worth millions on the black market, but surprisingly...Not a one appeared in any warzone on or off the planet. Where did they all go you may ask?"

There was a brief sensation of a grin.

"In Gotham City. In the hands of every major gang, every street punk possible. And all at ridiculously low rates to the point that it looks like someone is just giving them away. Now why would anyone do that?"

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @C.T.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: C.T.
Attempts at hacking would activate an electric shock, at the slightest attempt to jimmie open the keypad, to say nothing of the right equipment needed. That said if determined enough, it was possible to brute force it open though it'd risk breaking whatever was inside it.

There was was one thing that happened though. After some point, the box clicked open by itself and activated a hologram.

"I send a call for those with foresight and instead, seem to get the brute dregs. Le sigh. Hello 'heroes'. Think of me as a 'concerned citizen' of the city of Gotham. I see you all got my message. Unfortunately, I'm not the Bat and even if I were, he wouldn't ask for help if he were dying of thirst in Waterworld. Thankfully, there are those who will for his sake! I apologize for the subterfuge, but considering what's going on lately, I value my skin too highly to get involved in the shenanigans."

fXTOCkP.jpg

"Now this is a Hammer Industries prototype. Ten millimeter, with a pump action sonic emitter. The internal mechanism, including the rotating breech, is mounted on free-floating rails within a carbon-fiber jacket and the entire assembly is recoil dampened to reduce the effects of muzzle climb during burst and fully-automatic fire. Its official name is the Lawgiver Mark I. Laymen have taken to calling it a 'pulse rifle'."

"Six months ago, a sizable amount of them were stolen. Easily worth millions on the black market, but surprisingly...Not a one appeared in any warzone on or off the planet. Where did they all go you may ask?"

"In Gotham City. In the hands of every major gang, every street punk possible. And all at ridiculously low rates to the point that it looks like someone is just giving them away. Now why would anyone do that?"

Harper nodded. "Yeah, I think I saw some of Cobblepot's guys holding those. But obviously the person who's giving them away is trying to cause some sort of chaos. I mean, no drug dealer in Gotham would give a weapon that powerful away for free. They obviously want chaos in the streets." She thought for a second. "Or they could be waiting for everyone to take each other out with those weapons and once they're all dead they can take over Gotham's underworld." She shrugged.

Last edited:
There was something else in the warehouse than the box and chairs. It was small and well hidden, but with the stream of young heroes and experienced mercs that were making their way inside, it wasn't too likely it would stay hidden for long; A red, batshaped shuriken embedded into one of the pillars opposite an open window that had a tiny red light beeping in the middle.

Across the street atop another warehouse in the district, a small hooded figure was crouched in the shadows, watching those within in silence before he put a finger up to the mask beneath his hood.

"Yes.... A few so far.... nobodies and unscrupulous mercs. ...They seemed confused as to why you called them here... Of course. I'm not an idiot... you wound me father.... no-... nine month recovery time is not murder father, I can control myself- silence. It seems the ringmaster of this shoddy circus reveals itself, I'll keep you inform if I deem it necessary... No, only if necessary. This cretin is beneath me on my own, the both of us together would just make it sad. Robin out"

He lowered his finger and held his post in the shadows as he continued to listen in. Time to go to work.

@Ringmaster @Gands @Michale CS @Warehouse peeps with good eyes​

fXTOCkP.jpg

"...Crap." So it wasn't Bats at all. A little disappointing, but if this guy was on the up and up and helping them out(albeit with very undisguised condescension), fine by her. What wasn't fine is what followed in his speech. Fancy gun, custom prototype built. Sounded like something standard issue for SHIELD troops...as did the fact that it had been stolen in large amounts. For a premier defense agency, they got robbed a lot. And had helicarriers fall out of the sky. And...well, that alone was pretty bad.
Harper nodded. "Yeah, I think I saw some of Cobblepot's guys holding those. But obviously the person who's giving them away is trying to cause some sort of chaos. I mean, no drug dealer in Gotham would give that powerful away for free. They obviously want chaos in the streets." She thought for a second. "Or they could be waiting for everyone to take each other out with those weapons and once they're all dead they can take over Gotham's underworld." She shrugged.
"That sums up my thoughts. Bad bad bad things."

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @thatguyinthestore

fXTOCkP.jpg

"Well. This may be news to all of you, but my employer told me pretty much what this enigmatic recording did. I was actually hired to take care of a different nuisance. But, if it's gotten this big... I think he'll have to put me on retainer." Taskmaster shook his head and looked at each of the convened heroes.

"I think all of us may well have to get used to strange bedfellows before all of this is done. Whoever set this up doesn't want just a mob takeover. You don't need that kind of firepower, distributed that freely for that. This person or entity... wants war. Death, chaos, and a way to waltz in afterward once we are all putting out the various fires to strike at us. The best way to weaken your enemy is to give his enemy advantages. The question now... is how to proceed. I of course have to take direction from my employer. You freelancers, however... I'm curious as to how you think you're going to handle this."

@C.T. @thatguyinthestore @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

As Harper was talking, she noticed something out of the corner of her eye. Once she got to the shuriken, she just rolled her eyes and looked around. "Great, Bruce's little boy in tights is here." She mumbled under her breath.

She quietly slipped outside turned on her comms by pressing her fingers against her earpiece. "I found your little spying device, Robin." She said annoyed. "Can't Batman and his little clean up crew be normal for once?"
"tch" Robin huffed as another voice came over his comms, but he did eventually answer

"Normal implies average, and I am anything but that, lesser bird. Now quiet and listen. I doubt the Riddler's suddenly become an altruist, and missing the words in his game is a good way to end up dead." Robin said as he continued to watch the proceedings inside at his perch. Regardless of the Riddler's motives, he wasn't speaking false. Lots of guns that had no business being there had ended up on Gotham's street lately. Father had been looking into it, but he was also looking into a hundred other things at any given time.

Time to notch something off that list.

"tch" Robin huffed as another voice came over his comms, but he did eventually answer

"Normal implies average, and I am anything but that, lesser bird. Now quiet and listen. I doubt the Riddler's suddenly become an altruist, and missing the words in his game is a good way to end up dead." Robin said as he continued to watch the proceedings inside at his perch. Regardless of the Riddler's motives, he wasn't speaking false. Lots of guns that had no business being there had ended up on Gotham's street lately. Father had been looking into it, but he was also looking into a hundred other things at any given time.

Time to notch something off that list.

She rolled her eyes and shut off her comms before heading back inside and walking over to the group.
"Well. This may be news to all of you, but my employer told me pretty much what this enigmatic recording did. I was actually hired to take care of a different nuisance. But, if it's gotten this big... I think he'll have to put me on retainer." Taskmaster shook his head and looked at each of the convened heroes.

"I think all of us may well have to get used to strange bedfellows before all of this is done. Whoever set this up doesn't want just a mob takeover. You don't need that kind of firepower, distributed that freely for that. This person or entity... wants war. Death, chaos, and a way to waltz in afterward once we are all putting out the various fires to strike at us. The best way to weaken your enemy is to give his enemy advantages. The question now... is how to proceed. I of course have to take direction from my employer. You freelancers, however... I'm curious as to how you think you're going to handle this."

@C.T. @thatguyinthestore @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster
Harper let out a loud sigh and placed her face in her palms. "Great, now I'm gonna have to drop all of my classes to deal with this crap." She was serious about this, too. She was now going to focus 100% of her time into this not for her sake, or even Gotham's, just Cullen's. She knew that it would be impossible for him to survive on his own, let alone with a war going on in the streets.

She shrugged and looked up. "Well, our best lead is to interrogate Penguin. He's like, the top arms dealer in the city. He'll know who got the weapons." She turned to Anya and smiled. "Well, Spider-Girl, looks like we're gonna have ourselves a girls night out!"
@C.T.

She rolled her eyes and shut off her comms before heading back inside and walking over to the group.

Harper let out a loud sigh and placed her face in her palms. "Great, now I'm gonna have to drop all of my classes to deal with this crap." She was serious about this, too. She was now going to focus 100% of her time into this not for her sake, or even Gotham's, just Cullen's. She knew that it would be impossible for him to survive on his own, let alone with a war going on in the streets.

She shrugged and looked up. "Well, our best lead is to interrogate Penguin. He's like, the top arms dealer in the city. He'll know who got the weapons." She turned to Anya and smiled. "Well, Spider-Girl, looks like we're gonna have ourselves a girls night out!"
@C.T.
"The top arms dealer in the city...heck yeah, that sounds like the perfect place to start for me. Cut this crap off at the source. And maybe get to punch a few punks along the way. Girl's night out...I can dig it." She grinned right back. Spiders beat penguins any day of the week.

@thatguyinthestore

"The top arms dealer in the city...heck yeah, that sounds like the perfect place to start for me. Cut this crap off at the source. And maybe get to punch a few punks along the way. Girl's night out...I can dig it." She grinned right back. Spiders beat penguins any day of the week.

@thatguyinthestore
She nodded and grinned before standing up. She's only known here for five minutes and already likes her. "Alright!" She said before heading out with her. Once they were out, she looked to Anya as they walked. "So, I think that we can just go in, kick some goon ass, and make that little bird sing. Or, we could go for a stealthy approach and sneak in. Either way works with me." She said, knowing that Penguin barely left his office for anything so that's where he'll most likely be.

@Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @C.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.