3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Body Parts
yellow Power Level: Talented Human to Enhanced (@Ringmaster @Gands Sections BUT if you have any questions on using a particular character, send a PM to @Ringmaster regarding the bulk of this event!),

red Enhanced to Superhuman ( LIMITED @Michale CS sections, your mileage may vary, and it will be a SMALL role in the overall plot, just to include those who are outside the range but whose PCs are in the area IC )

Look/Feel: [ Mob War/Riot - Marvel's Netflix MCU level ] No player cap!

This is an invite-only RP, but everyone in Epic Crossover is already considered invited! Note this is a major event with THREE GMS, @Gands @Michale CS and @Ringmaster. All collaboration to be handled in an Iwaku Conversation or on Discord.

'Nuff Said!

[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Ravager just glared back at her, maintaining an eye narrowed in dissatisfaction as she lightly shoved the shoulder she was blocking and curled a fist in seeming frustration. She didn't even answer the question or anything Cassandra had said, disregarding it with a scoff.

"Christ, why've you just been letting me push you around all night? You're supposed to be some kinda badass. For a while I used to actually be afraid of you, you know, after what you did to me. Thought you had an edge."

She pushed forward off the wall, bearing down on Cass threateningly and jabbing a finger in her chest.

"Now I see the only times you're not a little wuss is when my dad's around to encourage bad habits. Yeah, he does that, doesn't he. Him, or--"

Grabbing Cassandra's wrist, she held up one of her bruised and bloody knuckles demonstratively and gestured to it with her opposite hand.

"--someone else. Guess the badass doesn't live here anymore. What a crying shame."

@C.T. @mobile post

"Why?" Cass only shook her head in her usual manner. "No point. I fight with purpose. No purpose in fighting against you. Not an enemy." She pulled her hand away. "No need to test you. Not an amateur." She turned away.

"That is why. Were we on opposite sides...different outcome. You, however, I do not understand. Taunt at every turn, reject hand when offered, hostile to almost every decision. Still you follow. You like others more, could have gone back to them. Why continue after me?" Her eyes narrowed as she looked up at the heights of the Batcave.

"Is goading me that important?" She cleared her throat after, done with talking for the moment and instead walking off if uninterrupted further, to patch herself up before resuming her goal.

"Why?" Cass only shook her head in her usual manner. "No point. I fight with purpose. No purpose in fighting against you. Not an enemy." She pulled her hand away. "No need to test you. Not an amateur." She turned away.

"That is why. Were we on opposite sides...different outcome. You, however, I do not understand. Taunt at every turn, reject hand when offered, hostile to almost every decision. Still you follow. You like others more, could have gone back to them. Why continue after me?" Her eyes narrowed as she looked up at the heights of the Batcave.

"Is goading me that important?" She cleared her throat after, done with talking for the moment and instead walking off if uninterrupted further, to patch herself up before resuming her goal.

"I don't like anyone. If you can believe it, I'm here because you're the one person I'm closest to trusting out of everyone I've seen tonight. I don't like surprises and at least there's a precedent for you sticking me in the throat. Gonna take a hot bath while you're here, too? Maybe a nap?"

She just threw after her spitefully, turning away with arms crossed. For the rest, she had nothing to say. Typical uppity crap pretending she didn't wanna deck her across the face as badly as Rose did likewise. This was a waste of time.

"This is a waste of time. Stitch up your shoulder and let's move out."

@C.T.

"I don't like anyone. If you can believe it, I'm here because you're the one person I'm closest to trusting out of everyone I've seen tonight. I don't like surprises and at least there's a precedent for you sticking me in the throat. Gonna take a hot bath while you're here, too? Maybe a nap?"

She just threw after her spitefully, turning away with arms crossed. For the rest, she had nothing to say. Typical uppity crap pretending she didn't wanna deck her across the face as badly as Rose did likewise. This was a waste of time.

"This is a waste of time. Stitch up your shoulder and let's move out."

@C.T.

"Okay." She replied simply, already sitting and starting to do just that after dousing it in rubbing alcohol. Orphan much preferred the silence to the crude and sarcastic retorts from Rose. Even still...after about a minute of quiet and nothing but the sound of her stitching up:

"Did...did it rattle you that significantly?"

@OrlandoBloomers

"What is it with these guys and their propaganda?" Taskmaster muttered in response to Scarecrow's message. He had been searching out LMDs of Hate Monger but that was no longer the priority. He knew Scarecrow's style. Fear toxin. Thankfully his own mask had long since been equipped with a rebreather. But fat lot of good that would do if thousands of people across Gotham were suddenly seeing their worst fears. He had to find the distribution mechanism somehow. But, contrary to Riddler's previous exploits, he'd left no obvious clues to follow.

Then, the Boy Scout got on the horn. Finally, someone with experience. Granted, they'd not seen eye to eye before, even fought numerous times. So, tuning his comm to an older, probably mostly unused Avengers frequency, Tony Masters reached out to Steve Rogers. "Rogers. Taskmaster. No time for a long story, but suffice it to say we're on the same team this time. I've been playing damage control here, but I've been working with a batch of impulsive greenhorns so damage control has not gone well. I'm forwarding to you everything I've recorded on my body camera. Where can I meet you?"
"...Cap." She actually smiled, looking out over the edge of the building she was perched on. The de-facto leader of Avengers is here now too. With a quick running start, Anya leaped off the building, enjoying the comforting sensation of the wind blowing back her hair...and then a *thwip* as she began web-swinging above the streets.

"I want in on helping too!" She finally replied over the comms. "Where you at, Capitán?"
"Rushing over the bridge. Will be on Gotham soil shortly. I've also tried my best to pull in some strings, get some calls out to whoever might be listening."

Examining the videos, Steve frowned as he paused in his run and took inventory of everything somberly before adding.

"Things have gotten way out hand to the point, some intervention is required. Where's the mayor? Didn't he declare martial law at any point?"

At that point, the frequency changed as a growling voice came over the channel.

"He tried. But he lost against the coin."

"Who is this?"

"The only Justice that matters in this town."

And with that, the connection to him cut off. Steve felt a little trepidation as he checked the news, seeing the events occurring. In two places- A police barricade around the Narrows and an upscale neighborhood, the Hate Monger was leading mobs.

And then there was that voice from earlier, Steve isolating it towards one place.

"City Hall. Anyone close enough for that?"

@C.T. @Michale CS @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers
--------
The Sentinel wasn't quite sure what happened, but she suddenly felt a more solid connection with those around her... In either case, that brief pause in time, and that kiss on the forehead by some strange woman she didn't know, but... Apparently Grady did.

Looks like the Sentinel still had alot to learn about her teammates, though for now, her mind was focused on the task at hand, and after a brief check, just to make sure everything on her was in place, she spoke, responding to Harper's question.

"Let's do this." She said calmly.

As she prepared to dive into what was likely a trap, she held tightly onto her pistol, making sure her combat knife was close by, just incase she needed it on a moment's notice.
Harper didn't understand the presence of the woman. She didn't understand the kiss placed on her forehead by the strange woman, but before she could question it, she was gone. And then they arrived and you know what happens from there.

Harper nodded to Grady and the Sentinel. "Alright, let's do this shit." She said quietly before counting to three in her head. She then kicked the door open before investigating the hideout, being weary of any traps that were most likely planted.
As we are getting ready to investigate this hideout.

" Hey Blue, do you have a way of checking Electrical usage on the fly ? I mean, if you could, I'll bet most of his traps use electricity right ? For the record Argent is a crack shot and is excellent with hand to hand.
I have a good familiarity with security systems and computers, I'm hard to hurt and I'm pretty strong. Anyway, I thought you might want to know... I would. "
"Welcome."

3960056-1676936-blackhornet.jpg

At least one would recognize the masked figure standing there. Hands at his side, his foot popping briefly to tap his toe on the ground in a slow, deliberate pattern.

"There are three levels to get to the top...And a time limit."

Blandly, without a trace of emotion he continued.

"You can choose to fight and overpower.... Or answer the riddle my associate has left me."

The doors sealed shut behind them, as Nosferatu continued, the lights flickering out till there was only a lone spotlight, shining above his head.

"You have five minutes, till the death trap activates and you get the key or answer it right."

He cocked his head to the side.

"No lock nor bar shall hold me down, this mask fills you with dread. I waltz among your party throng, and leave everybody dead."

The light flicked out and then there was nothing as Nosferatu hissed.

"What am I?"

@Gands @york @thatguyinthestore

Gotham City was in danger. Same story, different shit. And while Bludhaven kept him busy for quite a bit, old habits died hard and really, when it came down to it? Whenever family needed you, you came running and that was why instead of working overtime as a cop, he was currently driving through Gotham City to the direction of his old home.

1429680-nightcycle_large.jpg

Wayne Manor- Alfred's waffles, Bruce's insight as he described how he failed a particular punch routine- And most recently, Damien and his mini-Bruce routine. All his memories, all his feelings regarding why he wanted to be a hero encased in a single word, 'home.' Same as anyone else in Gotham City, caught up in the madness and unable to do a thing about it. Which was where he and the family came in, which was part of the fun. And as he drove, he spoke into his comm.

"Call. Wayne Manor."

He waited a beat, before the beep started and he gave his message, in a faux-pompous tone.

"Random citizen, this is Nightwing. Bludhaven just got settled to my liking, so popping over to make sure no one lost a cane or something. I'm gonna be a little late, so keep my cocoa warm for me? Oh! And don't forget the little marshmallows. Love you lots, see you soon!"

End call. He then crouched on his bike and leaped off, letting the bike ram into a mass of thugs, landing with a dramatic flourish as he whipped out two escrima sticks. Cursing up a storm, the thugs moved into a circle around him as beneath the helmet, Dick Grayson grinned widely.

And slamming the sticks, handle first together, he activated their electrical prod aspect as he spoke.

"Be honest. That looks really cool, right?"

--------

And that was why he ended up being an hour late, driving into the batcave and giving a jaunty wave to his adopted father.

"Bruce! Sorry about the wait, I kept running into a lot of people."

@Indolent @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

"Okay." She replied simply, already sitting and starting to do just that after dousing it in rubbing alcohol. Orphan much preferred the silence to the crude and sarcastic retorts from Rose. Even still...after about a minute of quiet and nothing but the sound of her stitching up:

"Did...did it rattle you that significantly?"

@OrlandoBloomers
"Did getting dropped on your head as a kid rattle you significantly?"

Ravager snapped back without even thinking about it, her arms folded and hands on her biceps with both legs crossed casually at the ankles as she waited impatiently. She rolled a hand in Cassandra's direction rapidly, urging for speed perhaps (deliberately) unreasonably.

"C'mon, hurry it up. I'm not welcome in here, remember? I have no way of telling how long has to pass before I get stabbed in my other throat."
And that was why he ended up being an hour late, driving into the batcave and giving a jaunty wave to his adopted father.

Semi-concealed behind an alcove as they were, Rose had to lean forward and peer her head out curiously as the roar of a motorcycle engine filled the hollow cavern, though she still kept her presence secret.

5jmvjNc.png

"Finally, something worth seeing! I should've known better. Never trust an old guy to be honest with you." A pox on that british butler's clan. Whatever about that guy, though. Rose drew a single sword silently and pointed it at Cassandra, already beginning to step backwards and slip away into the shadows.

"I'm gonna surprise him when he comes over here. Don't give me away."

The last thing visible before she disappeared into darkness was a sly grin.

@C.T. @Ringmaster @Indolent

The winding path Joker took through the subway tunnels eventually led him to a station at the very outskirts of metropolitan Gotham, where he used the darkness and chaos to sneak further out of the proper city limits to an abandoned carnival. Turned out Gotham didn't want enough wholesome mirth and distraction to keep it going for the original owner, so he'd sold the land and everything on it at a steal to a private owner.

And that private owner had given it over to Joker when he came back from his self-imposed exile.Then he had taken time to outfit the various attractions for more dangerous means than intended. Any curious onlookers would have just thought the new owner was updating, getting ready to re-open it.​

MTI4OTkzODI3OTk3OTkyOTcw.jpg

Joker had made the large funhouse his home, specifically the space beneath where the lights and other functions were managed. It had a suite of monitors that gave him the feed from the many cameras around the park. It was the most high-tech thing in the place. All other 'improvements' were less advanced but no less deadly. His Red Hoods, twelve of them charged with watching the place, were scattered at their stations, ready for if and when intruders came into the park.

And of course it held a stockpile of weapons. The smallest were his special handbuzzers. The largest an RPG.

"How was your outing, Mr. Joker?" asked his tech guy as he walked down into the basement. The mousy man was surrounded by can of energy drink and microwave meals. Another brilliant but ill mind plucked from Arkham's files and bent to his will.

"Oh you know. Murder and mayhem as usual, with less murder than I wanted but plenty of the other. Lost my jacket." He went to a locker and threw on another, then went to his armory and loaded up on buzzers and ammo. "Made a delightlful friend who should have no issue making it here. Has he?"

"Just a raccoon all night." The tech guy answered. "And that Mr. Red is still dark. No sign of him."

"That's just fine. Skully had his use lighting up the city for my full return." Joker chuckled and slammed a clip into a machine pistol.

"What's next, boss?"

"We wait for my new friend, and together we give Gotham a wedgie while they run terrified and the boys grab all the cash they can carry."

@Michale CS
@Schnee Corp Lawyer
@OrlandoBloomers
@C.T.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Rushing over the bridge. Will be on Gotham soil shortly. I've also tried my best to pull in some strings, get some calls out to whoever might be listening."

Examining the videos, Steve frowned as he paused in his run and took inventory of everything somberly before adding.

"Things have gotten way out hand to the point, some intervention is required. Where's the mayor? Didn't he declare martial law at any point?"

"Who is this?"

And with that, the connection to him cut off. Steve felt a little trepidation as he checked the news, seeing the events occurring. In two places- A police barricade around the Narrows and an upscale neighborhood, the Hate Monger was leading mobs.

And then there was that voice from earlier, Steve isolating it towards one place.

@C.T. @Michale CS @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers
--------

"Welcome."

3960056-1676936-blackhornet.jpg

At least one would recognize the masked figure standing there. Hands at his side, his foot popping briefly to tap his toe on the ground in a slow, deliberate pattern.

"There are three levels to get to the top...And a time limit."

Blandly, without a trace of emotion he continued.

"You can choose to fight and overpower.... Or answer the riddle my associate has left me."

The doors sealed shut behind them, as Nosferatu continued, the lights flickering out till there was only a lone spotlight, shining above his head.

"You have five minutes, till the death trap activates and you get the key or answer it right."

He cocked his head to the side.

"No lock nor bar shall hold me down, this mask fills you with dread. I waltz among your party throng, and leave everybody dead."

The light flicked out and then there was nothing as Nosferatu hissed.

"What am I?"

@Gands @york @thatguyinthestore

Harper thought about the answer for a moment. "Hmmmm...." She hummed, tapping her finger against her chin. After the thinking, she thought she had come up with the answer.

"The Masque of the Red Death."

@Ringmaster @Gands @york @Michale CS

Harper thought about the answer for a moment. "Hmmmm...." She hummed, tapping her finger against her chin. After the thinking, she thought she had come up with the answer.

"The Masque of the Red Death."

@Ringmaster @Gands @york @Michale CS
"Correct."

The lights flickered on and the doors on the far end slid open as Nosferatu stood back. The intercoms flared on as Riddler snarled.

"You CHEATERS! You had to have cheated! Nosferatu, you two-bit, online doctorate thug! You know what's at stake if they get to me! Stop them, right now!"

There was a long pause, Nosferatu cocking his head to the side as he looked to the ceiling before musing aloud.

"Not my first choice in partners...But he's right."

He looked to the three and spoke.

"Your options are to either take me out together...Or leave one behind and conserve your strength, allowing that one to catch up. There are two others in this place, in addition to the traps of Riddler and they are designed to wear down people as only that demented mind can come up with. Its the Ball of Red Death in this tower and I- Am your first dance partner."

He placed his hands behind his back, slowly tapping his toe against the ground.

"So who wants to dance with me?"

@thatguyinthestore @Gands @york

"Correct."

The lights flickered on and the doors on the far end slid open as Nosferatu stood back. The intercoms flared on as Riddler snarled.

"You CHEATERS! You had to have cheated! Nosferatu, you two-bit, online doctorate thug! You know what's at stake if they get to me! Stop them, right now!"

There was a long pause, Nosferatu cocking his head to the side as he looked to the ceiling before musing aloud.

"Not my first choice in partners...But he's right."

He looked to the three and spoke.

"Your options are to either take me out together...Or leave one behind and conserve your strength, allowing that one to catch up. There are two others in this place, in addition to the traps of Riddler and they are designed to wear down people as only that demented mind can come up with. Its the Ball of Red Death in this tower and I- Am your first dance partner."

He placed his hands behind his back, slowly tapping his toe against the ground.

"So who wants to dance with me?"

@thatguyinthestore @Gands @york
Harper rolled her eyes at this. "There's always a catch with you, isn't there Nygma?" She asked sarcastically before turning to Noferatu.

Harper tugged out two escrima sticks. "You two go. I'll take care of this guy." Assuming that the two went on ahead, Harper then smirked and slowly approached the robot. "Alright, let's dance." She said, getting into a fighting stance.

@Gands @Ringmaster @york

Grady. -. Corvus

" Blue, I got this, go answer more riddles"

" Sides, Nosferatu owes me money "

@tharguyinthestore @york @Ringmaster
Harper let out a sigh accompanied with an eyeroll before putting the escrima sticks back in her belt. "Fine." She said aloud before running with Argent to the next station.

@Gands @Ringmaster @york

"I can get there. I've got aerial transportation. And that voice was Harvey Dent. Two-Face. Not meta, just crazy. You want me to pick you up or should I go take care of him myself?" Honestly Taskmaster was eager to have someone with real leadership experience on the case. He could train people in all manner of physical tasks, but leading people was never Tony Masters' strong suit.

@Ringmaster

The winding path Joker took through the subway tunnels eventually led him to a station at the very outskirts of metropolitan Gotham, where he used the darkness and chaos to sneak further out of the proper city limits to an abandoned carnival. Turned out Gotham didn't want enough wholesome mirth and distraction to keep it going for the original owner, so he'd sold the land and everything on it at a steal to a private owner.

And that private owner had given it over to Joker when he came back from his self-imposed exile.Then he had taken time to outfit the various attractions for more dangerous means than intended. Any curious onlookers would have just thought the new owner was updating, getting ready to re-open it.​

MTI4OTkzODI3OTk3OTkyOTcw.jpg

Joker had made the large funhouse his home, specifically the space beneath where the lights and other functions were managed. It had a suite of monitors that gave him the feed from the many cameras around the park. It was the most high-tech thing in the place. All other 'improvements' were less advanced but no less deadly. His Red Hoods, twelve of them charged with watching the place, were scattered at their stations, ready for if and when intruders came into the park.

And of course it held a stockpile of weapons. The smallest were his special handbuzzers. The largest an RPG.

"How was your outing, Mr. Joker?" asked his tech guy as he walked down into the basement. The mousy man was surrounded by can of energy drink and microwave meals. Another brilliant but ill mind plucked from Arkham's files and bent to his will.

"Oh you know. Murder and mayhem as usual, with less murder than I wanted but plenty of the other. Lost my jacket." He went to a locker and threw on another, then went to his armory and loaded up on buzzers and ammo. "Made a delightlful friend who should have no issue making it here. Has he?"

"Just a raccoon all night." The tech guy answered. "And that Mr. Red is still dark. No sign of him."

"That's just fine. Skully had his use lighting up the city for my full return." Joker chuckled and slammed a clip into a machine pistol.

"What's next, boss?"

"We wait for my new friend, and together we give Gotham a wedgie while they run terrified and the boys grab all the cash they can carry."

@Michale CS
@Schnee Corp Lawyer
[fieldbox="Scraps and Madcap, yellow, solid"] And, arm in arm, skipping and singing some demented version of Follow the Yellow Brick Road, Scraps and Madcap entered Joker's amusement park. What, you don't think that Madcap never peeked at the little address card that Joker stuck under his now missing cap - he'd remedied that by the way by going home to pick up a spare. And behind the two staggered Scraps' original body. With a head stolen from the morgue on it. "You'll need a fresher head soon, Miss Scraps, that one is getting a little ripe and it's slowing us down!"

"Then let's ditch it." She casually gestured behind her and the dead head fell off of the shambling cloth body. "If I'm Dorothy and you're Scarecrow... this can be Toto!" The body twisted and contorted and reformed into the semblance of a dog on a leash behind the pair.
♫ ♫ "Follow the red blood-soaked road!
Follow the red blood-soaked road!
Follow, follow, follow follow, the red blood-soaked road!"♫ ♫

The pair resumed singing as they headed further into the amusement park. [/fieldbox]

@Sir Kaltao

Last edited:
Cobblepot did, in fact, end up back at the Iceberg Lounge eventually. Walking into his office with Butch, he went over several files.

"What are you doing, boss?" The large man asked with a raised brow.

"Butch. Butch, Butch, Butch!" He said, standing up and walking over to him. "A revolution has begun, my dear friend. Soon we'll own this city. All we have to do is get the right allies and play our cards right. We're gonna be smashing windows on every street corner on all the buildings that are owned by the rich scum like Wayne and Stagg. It all starts tonight." After he finished that sentence, he pulled out a strange looking mask from behind his desk and put it on.

batman112review.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg
Butch raised a brow. "The hell is that?" He asked suspiciously.

Thomas simply chuckled. "Well if we're gonna be knocking down buildings in Gotham I can't have people knowing that it's me. I am a legitimate business man, after all." He said before standing up. At this point, Butch had learned not to question things when it came to his employer, so he just sighed and went with it.

"So where exactly are we going?" He asked.

"City Hall, Butch. I've heard through the grapevine that the former District Attorney Harvey Dent is doing something in City Hall tonight. And I think that a little endorsement wouldn't hurt, now would it?" Without another word, Butch grabbed a bag of various weapons along with Penguin grabbing some knives and a pistol before they both made their way to City Hall in their vehicle.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Indolent @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @any one else of note

"Did getting dropped on your head as a kid rattle you significantly?"

Ravager snapped back without even thinking about it, her arms folded and hands on her biceps with both legs crossed casually at the ankles as she waited impatiently. She rolled a hand in Cassandra's direction rapidly, urging for speed perhaps (deliberately) unreasonably.

"C'mon, hurry it up. I'm not welcome in here, remember? I have no way of telling how long has to pass before I get stabbed in my other throat."
"..." She actually paused, eyes averted downwards for a couple of seconds before she just exhaled slowly and loosened her clenched fist, returning right back to her work. That was as far as whatever tiny ounce of trust Rose had in her went apparently. Just more and more of the biting sarcasm thrown right back in her face. She had been able to resist the urge to lash out when Damian had been like this, and she would do it again now...but still, the words hurt.

Getting punched, shot, stabbed...all the physical pain she had become numb to was something she knew how to deal with. Bred and forced into her from the start but...damage from words cutting through...she had little to no experience with that. Nothing came to mind. In that regard, Rose was right. She was a wuss. An underdeveloped young woman whose first real companionship with someone came when she was already near her 20's.

The stoic badass and the unsure girl. Two sides of the same coin.

CamINRo.jpg

So be it. Cassandra went faster on fixing up her wound. The sooner she got done with that, the sooner they could move on. The sooner this goal would be achieved and they could go their separate ways. In short order, she was finished and stood up to--

"Finally, something worth seeing! I should've known better. Never trust an old guy to be honest with you." A pox on that british butler's clan. Whatever about that guy, though. Rose drew a single sword silently and pointed it at Cassandra, already beginning to step backwards and slip away into the shadows.

The last thing visible before she disappeared into darkness was a sly grin.​
Nightwing. She just nodded briefly at him in greeting as she strode past him, already on the way towards one of the exits. Time was of the essence but...she could wait. Rose had waited, however reluctantly and if nothing else Cassandra wanted to prove she was better. Grabbing a quick snack, she settled in near one of the exits to eat.

"...yes. It did."

She eventually whispered as an answer to Rose's question.

@Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers @Indolent

"Who is this?"

tumblr_n6205xMiSt1qzj6elo1_250.png

That face when some growlish mystery voice ruined a call with Captain freaking America of all people. And then just as quickly as he had butted in, he was out with nothing but some cryptic one-liner. Which she definitely wasn't going to remember and jot down in her list when she got home. A list of one-liners for any possible situation that may develop...Anya found such a thing was criminally underrated. Everyone could use more one-liners.

"I can swing by quick enough!" She answered enthusiastically, glancing down at the streets below her. "Not that far off."

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Indolent

Gotham City was in danger. Same story, different shit. And while Bludhaven kept him busy for quite a bit, old habits died hard and really, when it came down to it? Whenever family needed you, you came running and that was why instead of working overtime as a cop, he was currently driving through Gotham City to the direction of his old home.

1429680-nightcycle_large.jpg

Wayne Manor- Alfred's waffles, Bruce's insight as he described how he failed a particular punch routine- And most recently, Damien and his mini-Bruce routine. All his memories, all his feelings regarding why he wanted to be a hero encased in a single word, 'home.' Same as anyone else in Gotham City, caught up in the madness and unable to do a thing about it. Which was where he and the family came in, which was part of the fun. And as he drove, he spoke into his comm.

"Call. Wayne Manor."

He waited a beat, before the beep started and he gave his message, in a faux-pompous tone.

"Random citizen, this is Nightwing. Bludhaven just got settled to my liking, so popping over to make sure no one lost a cane or something. I'm gonna be a little late, so keep my cocoa warm for me? Oh! And don't forget the little marshmallows. Love you lots, see you soon!"

End call. He then crouched on his bike and leaped off, letting the bike ram into a mass of thugs, landing with a dramatic flourish as he whipped out two escrima sticks. Cursing up a storm, the thugs moved into a circle around him as beneath the helmet, Dick Grayson grinned widely.

And slamming the sticks, handle first together, he activated their electrical prod aspect as he spoke.

"Be honest. That looks really cool, right?"

--------

"I trust it was worth the effort," the Batman remarked knowingly, his eyes still glued to the Batcomputer's main monitor, sensitive data pouring into the feed from various sources detailing on the status of the city. He'd taken to standing in the interim following Cassandra and Alfred's departure from the vicinity, moving with surprising agility in spite of his injuries as keys were depressed en massed to facilitate the data's transformation into a readily understood format.

It was only a few seconds later he finally tore himself from the computer, sparing Dick a glance as the other, presumably, approached. "It's good to see you; it's bad."

Out of all the people in the world-- heroes and superheroes alike-- it was indubitably catastrophic if it merited the Bat saying this.

"I'm sending Cassandra and Ravager to handle Joker, I've got the Foot Clan. Scarecrow's machinations need tending to; that will be left to Captain America. For now."

There was a pause...

"You need to be the Batman tonight," he said seriously.
Semi-concealed behind an alcove as they were, Rose had to lean forward and peer her head out curiously as the roar of a motorcycle engine filled the hollow cavern, though she still kept her presence secret.

5jmvjNc.png

The last thing visible before she disappeared into darkness was a sly grin.

@C.T. @Ringmaster @Indolent
"..." She actually paused, eyes averted downwards for a couple of seconds before she just exhaled slowly and loosened her clenched fist, returning right back to her work. That was as far as whatever tiny ounce of trust Rose had in her went apparently. Just more and more of the biting sarcasm thrown right back in her face. She had been able to resist the urge to lash out when Damian had been like this, and she would do it again now...but still, the words hurt.

Getting punched, shot, stabbed...all the physical pain she had become numb to was something she knew how to deal with. Bred and forced into her from the start but...damage from words cutting through...she had little to no experience with that. Nothing came to mind. In that regard, Rose was right. She was a wuss. An underdeveloped young woman whose first real companionship with someone came when she was already near her 20's.

The stoic badass and the unsure girl. Two sides of the same coin.

CamINRo.jpg

So be it. Cassandra went faster on fixing up her wound. The sooner she got done with that, the sooner they could move on. The sooner this goal would be achieved and they could go their separate ways. In short order, she was finished and stood up to--

Nightwing. She just nodded briefly at him in greeting as she strode past him, already on the way towards one of the exits. Time was of the essence but...she could wait. Rose had waited, however reluctantly and if nothing else Cassandra wanted to prove she was better. Grabbing a quick snack, she settled in near one of the exits to eat.

"...yes. It did."

She eventually whispered as an answer to Rose's question.

@Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers @Indolent
"Oi, where's she gone? Miss Sunshine and Roses, pardon the pun," Alfred returned swiftly, approaching Cassandra with a great platter-try laden with plates of sandwiches and Earl Grey tea across its top. The odd one out of the bunch was a cup of cocoa, with minuscule marshmallows floating about, their milky sweetness on the verge of rendering into liquid form.

Alfred would have gone about his business with his usual aplomb, being expectant of his guests taking the proferred plates with the sandwiches and the cup of tea, but there was something that prompted his abrupt cessation of movement. The look on the little bat's face told him plenty, "Oh, dear. Was the lady rather harsh with you?"

Setting the platter down, with surprising balance, atop an outcropping of stone, Alfred cleared his throat and brushed himself off, before positioning himself in her front. He opened his mouth and closed it shut, interlacing his fingers together as he was at a loss for words. His features and body language articulated that quite well, especially to a talented individual like Cassandra. But a thought struck the butler and a sharp nod affirmed he'd something to say, meaningful and truthy.

"Listen, you. You terrify me. You terrify the absolute bollocks out of me and just as well, you should. But, I look past that and I see a promising young woman with a good heart. I know this because you wouldn't be this way if it were not for that heart; it comes from a good place. You'll pick yourself up and you'll be on your way; everything'll get better. And when it's said and done, you come home to a cuppa tea and a good meal. I promise."

He looked upward, craning his head awkwardly with a severely telling look to his face, "That also goes for your friend, skulking in the shadows."

What? He lived with the Batman, he was used to things hiding in the dark.

"Miss Wilson, do me a favor please; I've got to tend to this bloody mess in Miss Cain's shoulder so I ask you take the cocoa to Master Dick. And quickly, before the marshmallows melt; I just know he'll be doubly delighted to see you."

And without missing a beat, he asserted toward Cassandra to allow him to dress and stitch her wound, and in the midst of it, he'd gently cajole her into eating the meal he'd prepare for her. She'd need it.

@Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers @C.T.

Last edited:
As she was awaiting the next riddle, Harper snuck off back a bit away from everyone to contact Bruce and tell him about Nygma. Assuming the comms went through, Harper began to speak.

"Yo Bats. I assume that by now you know about all the shit that's been going on in Gotham with the Foot Clan and Joker. Well I think I have a lead on who gave the clan the resources to operate in Gotham. It was Nygma. He's got me and some fellas going on one of his OCD-lightful scavenger hunts. Everything ok on your end?"

@Indolent

Last edited:
"Oi, where's she gone? Miss Sunshine and Roses, pardon the pun," Alfred returned swiftly, approaching Cassandra with a great platter-try laden with plates of sandwiches and Earl Grey tea across its top. The odd one out of the bunch was a cup of cocoa, with minuscule marshmallows floating about, their milky sweetness on the verge of rendering into liquid form.

Alfred would have gone about his business with his usual aplomb, being expectant of his guests taking the proferred plates with the sandwiches and the cup of tea, but there was something that prompted his abrupt cessation of movement. The look on the little bat's face told him plenty, "Oh, dear. Was the lady rather harsh with you?"

Setting the platter down, with surprising balance, atop an outcropping of stone, Alfred cleared his throat and brushed himself off, before positioning himself in her front. He opened his mouth and closed it shut, interlacing his fingers together as he was at a loss for words. His features and body language articulated that quite well, especially to a talented individual like Cassandra. But a thought struck the butler and a sharp nod affirmed he'd something to say, meaningful and truthy.

"Listen, you. You terrify me. You terrify the absolute bollocks out of me and just as well, you should. But, I look past that and I see a promising young woman with a good heart. I know this because you wouldn't be this way if it were not for that heart; it comes from a good place. You'll pick yourself up and you'll be on your way; everything'll get better. And when it's said and done, you come home to a cuppa tea and a good meal. I promise."

He looked upward, craning his head awkwardly with a severely telling look to his face, "That also goes for your friend, skulking in the shadows."

What? He lived with the Batman, he was used to things hiding in the dark.

"Miss Wilson, do me a favor please; I've got to tend to this bloody mess in Miss Cain's shoulder so I ask you take the cocoa to Master Dick. And quickly, before the marshmallows melt; I just know he'll be doubly delighted to see you."

And without missing a beat, he asserted toward Cassandra to allow him to dress and stitch her wound, and in the midst of it, he'd gently cajole her into eating the meal he'd prepare for her. She'd need it.
sLTK1rB.jpg

"Thank you." She sincerely stated. She would be lying if she said she wasn't looking forward to meal once she laid her eyes on it. The tea looks perfect...and tastes just as grand she thought after taking a sip. The kind words only served to further accentuate the good feeling. Yes, it only takes a minute of knowing Alfred to realize he is as important as any in the Bat Family, if not more so.

He kept them all grounded. He was usually present for words of advice or if people needed sense smacked into them or even just being a listener as others bared their souls out with words. "You keep your promises. I know."

Her smile faded when he spoke again. "Your friend", he had said. Cass frowned, headshaking nearly imperceptible. Her voice dropped to a soft whisper. "No, that's not...right. Not friend. Barely ally." It wasn't easy to admit, but there it was. She had tried, multiple times, but every time she was rejected. Even violently so a few times.

"Deathstroke's daughter, just as I'm David Cain's. I thought our familiarity with pain...could be a common point to bond. Bond is right word, yes?" Orphan sighed, looking at Alfred directly in his eyes. Neither of their earlier lives were very happy.

"Waste of time. That's what she said about this." Her hand gestured out to the Batcave. "Now just thinking...was my attempt at reaching out also that? A waste of time?" She asked him completely seriously, not even bothering to stop him as he looked over the wound. She had stitched it up herself and was confident it would suffice...but a second opinion never hurt.

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

Status
Not open for further replies.