3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Body Parts
yellow Power Level: Talented Human to Enhanced (@Ringmaster @Gands Sections BUT if you have any questions on using a particular character, send a PM to @Ringmaster regarding the bulk of this event!),

red Enhanced to Superhuman ( LIMITED @Michale CS sections, your mileage may vary, and it will be a SMALL role in the overall plot, just to include those who are outside the range but whose PCs are in the area IC )

Look/Feel: [ Mob War/Riot - Marvel's Netflix MCU level ] No player cap!

This is an invite-only RP, but everyone in Epic Crossover is already considered invited! Note this is a major event with THREE GMS, @Gands @Michale CS and @Ringmaster. All collaboration to be handled in an Iwaku Conversation or on Discord.

'Nuff Said!

[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Gotham City had become a warzone.

What had begun with a strange story about the Joker and a mutated tiger, had snowballed into a major incident that even by Gotham City standards was starting to rock the very foundations of to its core. From whispers of Joker and his poison money, to the rumors of Hydra-Cobra and their involvement paranoia spread like wildfire. The police were overworked and then? The attacks began in earnest.

Home grown thugs with an enhanced sense of their own importance, led by the cities freaks in terrorist acts, uncaring of anyone or anything in their way. The Narrows themselves, blown up into a massive riot that had spread and threatened anyone caught in its wake...With dark reprisals caught on camera for it.

The bodies of the fallen, attacked by the Batwing were trending now, courtesy of the Riddler, showing off the chaos elsewhere that the heroes were too caught up in, or in the midst of stopping to end.

From the Narrows various exit and entrance points flooding with angry mobs, led in two places by the Hate Monger attacking police barricades to the thugs on the street and the other, destroying a neighborhood, indulging in anarchy as they used their new weapons to destroy everything around them. It was little wonder the National Guard wasn't called out to deal with the threat just yet.

The entire city was an arena. The world, its audience and people reacted in the ways they knew best. Some angrily, others mourning the victims, still more petitioning outsiders to ACT.

And yet, hope remained.

Outside the Riddlers hideout, would be several people...Seeking to cut into the heart of all this.

Facing off against the clowns, the Batmans son and others would be seeking to stop them.

And all the while, even as deals were made and the Inquisitor bowed his head and left Poison Ivy, the Bat Signal would be shining bright.

Yes, hope remained in Gotham City despite it.

It would be that hope, the Foot Clan would burn as all four of the Elite performed a final task before they left the city proper to the Inquisitor and Hun, staring out at the gates of Arkham Aslyum before moving in.

And then, no matter where you were in this city, the following message would play.
Batman-arkham-knight-scarecrow.png

"Citizens of Gotham City... Behold, your sins come to roost. Behold, the root of all your fear, reflected in your worse vices. Greed...Violence...Arrogance. Your city has been abandoned by all and those who seek to stop it, will fail."

The head beneath the hood looked up briefly, a flash of an eye revealed. Hypnotic and dark in its allurement as he hissed.

"And now, a message to those seeking to stop this for good...You cannot. I will make this city, a shrine to Fear itself. And upon that altar, I shall offer your corpses. That is my promise to you. The countdown begins now, before the end."

That was half an hour ago.

Now if the traffic before wasn't overwhelming, imagine how it was now? With every gothamite familiar with the Scarecrow, fleeing for their lives.

Just one more addition, to the already incredible mess that Gotham City seemed to be in.​

-----------

He had seen the news and would have immediately dropped everything to have left. It didn't matter that he wasn't sanctioned, or even that it wasn't his city or it was too far. Though the drive had its problems, the checkpoints had waved him on and there was little to no trouble after.

After all, they knew who he was.

It wasn't till he had gotten to the bridge that things first got bad, the mass of cars and the panic spreading making him grimace. He was going to have to leave the bike behind. He set it to park on the side by the police, got off and unpacked. The effect was nigh immediate and he could see all eyes on him now, borne of sudden hope. He wasn't the Guardian of Gotham City, he wasn't their local hero...But he was here to fill in at least, until the Batman managed to fly back or however he did so to Gotham as he spoke to the police.

"You don't need me here. Just be calm, show them there's no need to panic." A show of strength, in a time of emergency did much to quell fear, especially with a task at hand as he began free-running his way across the bridge. Over car and around, he moved and ducked and word began to spread.

And in one of the cars, as the man rushed by, a girl gasped aloud as she looked down to her hand, back up to the figure outside as he ran past. The color from it in comparison to her toy was all but gone, the red and the blue paint chipped and charred from encounters violent and world changing.... But there was no mistaking that particular tool. Used time and again, in defense against tyranny and hate. Against those who used fear as a weapon to oppress.

hS9cc.jpg

And on his comm, angled to every channel the man broadcasted in the hopes of someone answering.

"This is Steve Rogers, approaching Gotham City. What can I do to help?"

@Gands @Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sir Kaltao @york @Chewy Rabbits @Indolent @Everybody​
Harper had soon landed the Batwing at the location of Riddler's hideout. I mean, she and everyone here knew it was a trap, but somehow she would at least find a lead. Somehow. Scarecrow had already broadcasted his message over the city while they were in the plane. Harper only paid it attention with an eyeroll and a quiet scoff under her breath.

Harper approached the doors of Nygma's hideout before turning to the others. "There's no going back after this. You two ready?" She asked, slightly hesitant.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Gands @york

Grady Murtaugh - Corvus

In the batwing, speeding towards destiny, time seemed to stop, for just a moment. A long haired nude woman covered in the traditional war paint, the Wode appeared and approached her son.

" I'll not be able to interfere with your war my son, aside to avenge you if you fall. Your celestial family gives you these gifts. Armor to keep your body safe..." She touched his chest and his clothes transformed to decorated and enchanted Leather armor, in red and black with a portion of it over his head and face, red with a decorated black raven over his eyes and nose. " A warrior's weapon " She touched his stylish wood and silver cane and it turned black as night. " The blessings of your father and mother and all of my family". A silver torc
180px-Silver_torque.jpg
appeared around his neck. "This will keep sorcerous things a bit further from yah my Mac".
Of note, all throughout the design of these things and especially the torc, the Trinity knot, symbolizing the connection of mind, body and spirit.
celtic-knot-meaning-triquetra.gif

She kissed him on the forehead and approached each of the two women. Kissing them on the forehead too. They would find themselves half covered too in the wode, under their armor.

" Go with my blessings intah battle, wreak havoc unto your enemies " She whispered.

By the time the batwing is landing she is gone as if she were never there.

Grady though, knows she was there and that it was unlikely he would see her again any time soon.

" Aye, I'm ready "

He took account of himself. The cool Stark Battle goggles, seem to have incorporated themselves into his ... cowl ? Mask ? He shook his head, not quite able to wrap his mind around it. He had his cane... which had turned black ? His clothing had turned into stylized leather armor. He had a pouch with some electronics tools and a few of his thumb drives.

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @york@ringmaster

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
"Cassandra," Wayne spoke, eliciting her attention, as his chair rotated to face her. Spotty as the cave's lighting was at time, it was readily apparent that the Batman was injured, portions of his body covered in bandages and gauze-- from the ribs to a thigh and an arm, the neck, and more. This did nothing, however, to impair the Bat's powerful presence. Wayne lifted both arms from their rests, folded one hand into the other, and rested the top portion against his mouth as he adopted a contemplative posture. Without a moment's hesitation, he spoke further, staring unto the other.

"Situation report."​
"Thank you." She remarked quietly to Alfred as he departed, eyes remaining steadfast on Batman. It...was not a reassuring sight. He too was injured significantly...that likely did not bode well for the city of Gotham. As for his order?

Objectively, she had been shot in the shoulder, electrocuted, punched by Ravager, lost Joker/Madcap/Killer Croc when she was right there and so close to apprehending them, and her muscles felt like they were on fire from all the fighting and running. All of that still paled to what Madcap did to her with a glance. Just like that and one of the world's premier martial artists was reduced to..

Cassandra peered up to the Batcomputer, striding forward not long after. Sifting through it quickly, she went to tap up a local street camera. Namely...8th street. Bringing its feed up onto the screen, she observed with thinly veiled frustration as she barreled out of the closed down arcade in a wild frantic dash, right into a punch from Rose. How she further set upon Madcap with a terrifying rage. It was one thing experiencing it in that chaotic mess she had been in at the time...it was quite another seeing herself doing it in reality.

So many punches. Enough to make her knuckles bleed profusely.

She shut off the recording and turned back to Bruce.

"Failure on my end. Joker escaped. Other clown. Killer Croc." She shook her head. "Only consolation: lives saved and perhaps still valid lead. Address left behind by strange one. Possible Joker hideout. Came to you...for suggestions?"

@Indolent

Reactions: Gands

What had begun with a strange story about the Joker and a mutated tiger, had snowballed into a major incident that even by Gotham City standards was starting to rock the very foundations of to its core. From whispers of Joker and his poison money, to the rumors of Hydra-Cobra and their involvement paranoia spread like wildfire. The police were overworked and then? The attacks began in earnest.

Home grown thugs with an enhanced sense of their own importance, led by the cities freaks in terrorist acts, uncaring of anyone or anything in their way. The Narrows themselves, blown up into a massive riot that had spread and threatened anyone caught in its wake...With dark reprisals caught on camera for it.

The bodies of the fallen, attacked by the Batwing were trending now, courtesy of the Riddler, showing off the chaos elsewhere that the heroes were too caught up in, or in the midst of stopping to end.

From the Narrows various exit and entrance points flooding with angry mobs, led in two places by the Hate Monger attacking police barricades to the thugs on the street and the other, destroying a neighborhood, indulging in anarchy as they used their new weapons to destroy everything around them. It was little wonder the National Guard wasn't called out to deal with the threat just yet.

The entire city was an arena. The world, its audience and people reacted in the ways they knew best. Some angrily, others mourning the victims, still more petitioning outsiders to ACT.

And yet, hope remained.

Outside the Riddlers hideout, would be several people...Seeking to cut into the heart of all this.

Facing off against the clowns, the Batmans son and others would be seeking to stop them.

And all the while, even as deals were made and the Inquisitor bowed his head and left Poison Ivy, the Bat Signal would be shining bright.

It would be that hope, the Foot Clan would burn as all four of the Elite performed a final task before they left the city proper to the Inquisitor and Hun, staring out at the gates of Arkham Aslyum before moving in.

And then, no matter where you were in this city, the following message would play.

"Citizens of Gotham City... Behold, your sins come to roost. Behold, the root of all your fear, reflected in your worse vices. Greed...Violence...Arrogance. Your city has been abandoned by all and those who seek to stop it, will fail."

The head beneath the hood looked up briefly, a flash of an eye revealed. Hypnotic and dark in its allurement as he hissed.

"And now, a message to those seeking to stop this for good...You cannot. I will make this city, a shrine to Fear itself. And upon that altar, I shall offer your corpses. That is my promise to you. The countdown begins now, before the end."

Now if the traffic before wasn't overwhelming, imagine how it was now? With every gothamite familiar with the Scarecrow, fleeing for their lives.

Just one more addition, to the already incredible mess that Gotham City seemed to be in.

-----------

He had seen the news and would have immediately dropped everything to have left. It didn't matter that he wasn't sanctioned, or even that it wasn't his city or it was too far. Though the drive had its problems, the checkpoints had waved him on and there was little to no trouble after.

It wasn't till he had gotten to the bridge that things first got bad, the mass of cars and the panic spreading making him grimace. He was going to have to leave the bike behind. He set it to park on the side by the police, got off and unpacked. The effect was nigh immediate and he could see all eyes on him now, borne of sudden hope. He wasn't the Guardian of Gotham City, he wasn't their local hero...But he was here to fill in at least, until the Batman managed to fly back or however he did so to Gotham as he spoke to the police.

"You don't need me here. Just be calm, show them there's no need to panic." A show of strength, in a time of emergency did much to quell fear, especially with a task at hand as he began free-running his way across the bridge. Over car and around, he moved and ducked and word began to spread.

And in one of the cars, as the man rushed by, a girl gasped aloud as she looked down to her hand, back up to the figure outside as he ran past. The color from it in comparison to her toy was all but gone, the red and the blue paint chipped and charred from encounters violent and world changing.... But there was no mistaking that particular tool. Used time and again, in defense against tyranny and hate. Against those who used fear as a weapon to oppress.

hS9cc.jpg

And on his comm, angled to every channel the man broadcasted in the hopes of someone answering.

@Gands @Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sir Kaltao @york @Chewy Rabbits @Indolent @Everybody​
"What is it with these guys and their propaganda?" Taskmaster muttered in response to Scarecrow's message. He had been searching out LMDs of Hate Monger but that was no longer the priority. He knew Scarecrow's style. Fear toxin. Thankfully his own mask had long since been equipped with a rebreather. But fat lot of good that would do if thousands of people across Gotham were suddenly seeing their worst fears. He had to find the distribution mechanism somehow. But, contrary to Riddler's previous exploits, he'd left no obvious clues to follow.

Then, the Boy Scout got on the horn. Finally, someone with experience. Granted, they'd not seen eye to eye before, even fought numerous times. So, tuning his comm to an older, probably mostly unused Avengers frequency, Tony Masters reached out to Steve Rogers. "Rogers. Taskmaster. No time for a long story, but suffice it to say we're on the same team this time. I've been playing damage control here, but I've been working with a batch of impulsive greenhorns so damage control has not gone well. I'm forwarding to you everything I've recorded on my body camera. Where can I meet you?"

@Ringmaster

[fieldbox="Queen of Hearts and Doll, red, solid"]Rayleen had been driving from hospital to hospital with April, making sure the facilities were secure and to provide what help they could. At Scarecrow's announcement, they implored the staff there to prepare for a biological attack, and asked them to spread the word - Scarecrow used toxic gas and the girls made sure as best they could to discretely make sure that the first responders knew what they'd be dealing with - no need to cause a panic, but they had to be informed.[/fieldbox]

Scraps pranced around town, stalking for a head. She came to a place along the docks, with an outlet for the sewer into the new-fangled water reclamation plant that had been installed about two years ago. She saw a few body parts floating in the water, and moved to investigate. What luck! A head! She mimicked casting a fishing line and thread reeled out and hooked onto the yellow-clad head then reeled it in.

As she picked it up and examined it, the left eye winked. "Hello! I hope you don't need my head as I'm not done with it yet!" The gaze, that would drive most insane, didn't affect Scraps, as she was already well and truly around the bend.

Aw, nuts! I needed a spare head too!" Obviously she couldn't use a self-willed head. It was supposed to be one mostly dead that she could take over with her thread.

"Who doesn't? But if you could do me a favor and reel in the rest of my body parts and put me together, we could be great friends!" Madcap realized that this woman was unaffected by his gaze which meant - she got it. She already knew no inhibitions and how nothing made any sense. This thrilled him to have another disciple.

"Why, you're like the Scarecrow! Surely I'll put you together!" And the pair was, in no time, singing together...

♫♫"There's a garden spot, I'm told,where it's never too hot and it's never too
cold;
Where you're never too young and you're never too old,
Where you're never too thin or tall.
And you're never, never, never too, too, too anything at all,Oh!
You're not too mad and you're not too sane
And you don't compare and you don't complain,
All you do is just sit tight, 'cause it's all so, so, so, so down-right, right.
Ha-ha-ha! Ho-ho-ho and a couple of tra-la-las,
That's how we laugh the day away,
In The Merry Old Land Of Oz."♫♫

@Gands @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sir Kaltao @york @Chewy Rabbits @Indolent @Everybody

Last edited:
tumblr_nvg5cg6cpg1s3y9slo1_500.gif

And with that, the butler made his way for the manor to do just that.
"So is this like your night job, or..."

And of course, she was here too. Addressing the butler casually as he walked past her from where she was leaned up against a cave-formed alcove into the next room (so she could listen in without making herself visible), eating an apple she'd blatantly stolen from a fruitbowl Alfred himself had probably stocked. Though she had been surreptitious in following Cassandra and slipping in the same way she did, Rose didn't doubt the cave's security measures had picked up her presence right away and reported it appropriately. She was here as a tagalong, not an invader; She just found Cain's idea of running home to her daddy for help stupid and nauseatingly pathetic, and had no particular burning desire to get talked down to by the Bat today anyway. Hence her bothering his butler instead.

She had tried to send communication back to Gizmo and whoever the hell those other two weirdos even were that the next stop was apparently the Batcave, but it seemed at some point between trying to drown someone in sewage water and being swung around like a Wii Sports tennis racket by Killer Croc that her earpiece had washed out. Shame. She didn't actually mind the mutie. And she never got her cuffs back! She needed those.

@C.T. @Indolent

"Yes I am very honored Overlord Zim." Janice said, turning off the audio feed to sigh and say to herself "Great. The two stooges are at it again and I'm stuck playing servant to the alien." She re-engaged the feed "Overlord Zim. Human law enforcement is on their way. Might your lordship like to return to your ship so we can continue our hunt?" Oates came hovering to her side, and assuming Zim agreed, she made a run for the ship.
Zim nodded at Gizmo's request, grabbing Gir.

"Of course we will go, slave!" He said over the comms before looking to Gir. "Gir, we are going to the ship to destroy the clown filth once and for all!"

Gir's face immediately lit up and he began to smile. "WE'RE GONNA GO SEE THE CLOWN, MASTER?!?!" He yelled before literally jumping out of the sewer and running into the ship, Zim following after at a slower pace. Soon Zim got in said ship and flew over to Gizmo. Assuming she got in, Zim then flew off to the clown's location.

@Ms.Ezra @Sir Kaltao @Michale CS

That was half an hour ago. Now if the traffic before wasn't overwhelming, imagine how it was now? With every gothamite familiar with the Scarecrow, fleeing for their lives. Just one more addition, to the already incredible mess that Gotham City seemed to be in.​
tumblr_n6205xMiSt1qzj6elo3_250.png

"That's what you think, you horror movie reject." Anya remarked under her breath for no one's benefit but her own. She was not a Gotham citizen by any means but she was still in the city to lend a helping hand, whatever that meant. All she hoped for was getting to punch that guy. Always with the cryptic, ominous and gloating villain talk. She had heard enough of those that at this point she had to make a game out of it. Counting the number of times she heard certain lines.

"Get out of here before you get hurt, little girl" was her highest so far, coming in at--

"...Cap." She actually smiled, looking out over the edge of the building she was perched on. The de-facto leader of Avengers is here now too. With a quick running start, Anya leaped off the building, enjoying the comforting sensation of the wind blowing back her hair...and then a *thwip* as she began web-swinging above the streets.

"I want in on helping too!" She finally replied over the comms. "Where you at, Capitán?"

@Ringmaster

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Thank you." She remarked quietly to Alfred as he departed, eyes remaining steadfast on Batman. It...was not a reassuring sight. He too was injured significantly...that likely did not bode well for the city of Gotham. As for his order?

Objectively, she had been shot in the shoulder, electrocuted, punched by Ravager, lost Joker/Madcap/Killer Croc when she was right there and so close to apprehending them, and her muscles felt like they were on fire from all the fighting and running. All of that still paled to what Madcap did to her with a glance. Just like that and one of the world's premier martial artists was reduced to..

Cassandra peered up to the Batcomputer, striding forward not long after. Sifting through it quickly, she went to tap up a local street camera. Namely...8th street. Bringing its feed up onto the screen, she observed with thinly veiled frustration as she barreled out of the closed down arcade in a wild frantic dash, right into a punch from Rose. How she further set upon Madcap with a terrifying rage. It was one thing experiencing it in that chaotic mess she had been in at the time...it was quite another seeing herself doing it in reality.

So many punches. Enough to make her knuckles bleed profusely.

She shut off the recording and turned back to Bruce.

"Failure on my end. Joker escaped. Other clown. Killer Croc." She shook her head. "Only consolation: lives saved and perhaps still valid lead. Address left behind by strange one. Possible Joker hideout. Came to you...for suggestions?"

@Indolent
"You haven't failed yet tonight; you will pursue Joker and you will stop him," The Bat finally spoke after a moment of silence, all of which he'd taken to studying Cassandra Cain with a hard look to his face. All the things that transpired? Severely unfortunate, especially the wounds she'd received. More so in light of the events that followed. But she wasn't done this night and that meant she would be readily afforded the opportunity to recoup her losses. He knew well that she'd forgo taking a reprieve so as to take care of herself in all things; her mind would be trained and trained only on one thing. The Joker.

"Gotham is in an uproar. The Foot's moved in, the Scarecrow's made his declaration, and Joker's on the loose. There're more at play than we know... which I aim to rectify. Captain America's broadcasted his willingness to assist, which makes things easier for now"

The last he'd said because, amid the electrical din of chaos that comprise communications across all mediums, he'd caught public chatter from super-powered individuals he identified as Spider-Girl and Taskmaster. While it was true he trusted his own above all and relied on himself to handle the affairs of his home-city, he knew well that here and now that he needed any semblance of help.

Steepled fingers pulled apart as Wayne sighed, "Killer Croc is small fries and Madcap will be incapacitated for the moment; I'll investigate the Foot. You handle Joker, right now I think he's the more immediate threat. I needn't say why."

"After you've gotten something to eat," He'd say with a tone that brooked no argument, "Take Ravager; she followed you. I'll provide info via comms as it comes in."​
"So is this like your night job, or..."

And of course, she was here too. Addressing the butler casually as he walked past her from where she was leaned up against a cave-formed alcove into the next room (so she could listen in without making herself visible), eating an apple she'd blatantly stolen from a fruitbowl Alfred himself had probably stocked. Though she had been surreptitious in following Cassandra and slipping in the same way she did, Rose didn't doubt the cave's security measures had picked up her presence right away and reported it appropriately. She was here as a tagalong, not an invader; She just found Cain's idea of running home to her daddy for help stupid and nauseatingly pathetic, and had no particular burning desire to get talked down to by the Bat today anyway. Hence her bothering his butler instead.

She had tried to send communication back to Gizmo and whoever the hell those other two weirdos even were that the next stop was apparently the Batcave, but it seemed at some point between trying to drown someone in sewage water and being swung around like a Wii Sports tennis racket by Killer Croc that her earpiece had washed out. Shame. She didn't actually mind the mutie. And she never got her cuffs back! She needed those.

@C.T. @Indolent

"Ah, our little hideaway," Alfred Pennyworth declared as Rose made herself known to him; his reaction was visible as he looked her up and down in nigh a derisive fashion-- almost as if he were reminded of sneaky interlopers from years ago, breaking into Wayne Manor. He chuckled, his demeanor shifting to a sarcastic one as he relayed his response:

"No, I typically moonlight as a vigilante of the night with a bat motif, it's just my night off. In fact, I sometimes stand in for Batman. I do quite a stellar job if I'd say so myself." : |

Without missing a beat, Alfred slipped back into the mindset apropos for his occupation, carrying on with an air of geniality.

"Can I help you, Miss? You've already helped yourself to an apple but I'm about to make sandwiches and a spot of tea. Would you like any?"

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gands and C.T.

And yet, hope remained.

Just one more addition, to the already incredible mess that Gotham City seemed to be in.

-----------

hS9cc.jpg

Harper had soon landed the Batwing at the location of Riddler's hideout. I mean, she and everyone here knew it was a trap, but somehow she would at least find a lead. Somehow. Scarecrow had already broadcasted his message over the city while they were in the plane. Harper only paid it attention with an eyeroll and a quiet scoff under her breath.

Harper approached the doors of Nygma's hideout before turning to the others. "There's no going back after this. You two ready?" She asked, slightly hesitant.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Gands @york
Grady Murtaugh - Corvus

In the batwing, speeding towards destiny, time seemed to stop, for just a moment. A long haired nude woman covered in the traditional war paint, the Wode appeared and approached her son.

" I'll not be able to interfere with your war my son, aside to avenge you if you fall. Your celestial family gives you these gifts. Armor to keep your body safe..." She touched his chest and his clothes transformed to decorated and enchanted Leather armor, in red and black with a portion of it over his head and face, red with a decorated black raven over his eyes and nose. " A warrior's weapon " She touched his stylish wood and silver cane and it turned black as night. " The blessings of your father and mother and all of my family". A silver torc
180px-Silver_torque.jpg
appeared around his neck. "This will keep sorcerous things a bit further from yah my Mac".
Of note, all throughout the design of these things and especially the torc, the Trinity knot, symbolizing the connection of mind, body and spirit.
celtic-knot-meaning-triquetra.gif

She kissed him on the forehead and approached each of the two women. Kissing them on the forehead too. They would find themselves half covered too in the wode, under their armor.

" Go with my blessings intah battle, wreak havoc unto your enemies " She whispered.

By the time the batwing is landing she is gone as if she were never there.

Grady though, knows she was there and that it was unlikely he would see her again any time soon.

" Aye, I'm ready "

He took account of himself. The cool Stark Battle goggles, seem to have incorporated themselves into his ... cowl ? Mask ? He shook his head, not quite able to wrap his mind around it. He had his cane... which had turned black ? His clothing had turned into stylized leather armor. He had a pouch with some electronics tools and a few of his thumb drives.

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @york@ringmaster
Scraps pranced around town, stalking for a head. She came to a place along the docks, with an outlet for the sewer into the new-fangled water reclamation plant that had been installed about two years ago. She saw a few body parts floating in the water, and moved to investigate. What luck! A head! She mimicked casting a fishing line and thread reeled out and hooked onto the yellow-clad head then reeled it in.

As she picked it up and examined it, the left eye winked. "Hello! I hope you don't need my head as I'm not done with it yet!" The gaze, that would drive most insane, didn't affect Scraps, as she was already well and truly around the bend.

Aw, nuts! I needed a spare head too!" Obviously she couldn't use a self-willed head. It was supposed to be one mostly dead that she could take over with her thread.

"Who doesn't? But if you could do me a favor and reel in the rest of my body parts and put me together, we could be great friends!" Madcap realized that this woman was unaffected by his gaze which meant - she got it. She already knew no inhibitions and how nothing made any sense. This thrilled him to have another disciple.

"Why, you're like the Scarecrow! Surely I'll put you together!" And the pair was, in no time, singing together...

♫♫"There's a garden spot, I'm told,where it's never too hot and it's never too
cold;
Where you're never too young and you're never too old,
Where you're never too thin or tall.
And you're never, never, never too, too, too anything at all,Oh!
You're not too mad and you're not too sane
And you don't compare and you don't complain,
All you do is just sit tight, 'cause it's all so, so, so, so down-right, right.
Ha-ha-ha! Ho-ho-ho and a couple of tra-la-las,
That's how we laugh the day away,
In The Merry Old Land Of Oz."♫♫

@Gands @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sir Kaltao @york @Chewy Rabbits @Indolent @Everybody
The Argent Sentinel (Lilly Briant)
@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Gands @thatguyinthestore

The Sentinel wasn't quite sure what happened, but she suddenly felt a more solid connection with those around her... In either case, that brief pause in time, and that kiss on the forehead by some strange woman she didn't know, but... Apparently Grady did.

Looks like the Sentinel still had alot to learn about her teammates, though for now, her mind was focused on the task at hand, and after a brief check, just to make sure everything on her was in place, she spoke, responding to Harper's question.

"Let's do this." She said calmly.

As she prepared to dive into what was likely a trap, she held tightly onto her pistol, making sure her combat knife was close by, just incase she needed it on a moment's notice.

"You haven't failed yet tonight; you will pursue Joker and you will stop him," The Bat finally spoke after a moment of silence, all of which he'd taken to studying Cassandra Cain with a hard look to his face. All the things that transpired? Severely unfortunate, especially the wounds she'd received. More so in light of the events that followed. But she wasn't done this night and that meant she would be readily afforded the opportunity to recoup her losses. He knew well that she'd forgo taking a reprieve so as to take care of herself in all things; her mind would be trained and trained only on one thing. The Joker.

"Gotham is in an uproar. The Foot's moved in, the Scarecrow's made his declaration, and Joker's on the loose. There're more at play than we know... which I aim to rectify. Captain America's broadcasted his willingness to assist, which makes things easier for now"

The last he'd said because, amid the electrical din of chaos that comprise communications across all mediums, he'd caught public chatter from super-powered individuals he identified as Spider-Girl and Taskmaster. While it was true he trusted his own above all and relied on himself to handle the affairs of his home-city, he knew well that here and now that he needed any semblance of help.

Steepled fingers pulled apart as Wayne sighed, "Killer Croc is small fries and Madcap will be incapacitated for the moment; I'll investigate the Foot. You handle Joker, right now I think he's the more immediate threat. I needn't say why."

"After you've gotten something to eat," He'd say with a tone that brooked no argument, "Take Ravager; she followed you. I'll provide info via comms as it comes in."​
"..." She didn't reply save for a relieved smirk from his reassuring. After all the physical wounds and mental trauma revisiting, it certainly felt like failure. But if he didn't believe it was that...it was good enough for her. Batman, Robin, Batwoman, Nightwing...all the rest. He was the one who made them all into a family. Cassandra stared intently at his face for a fair share of seconds, expression staying impassive.

You brought us all together because you understood our pain and our loneliness better than anyone ever could.

His statement meant more to her than she could express in words. Faith that Joker would be caught.

Cassandra nodded in agreement. "City in chaos." She noted with crossed arms. "Might need a more unified approach." And then she nodded once more at his order to go eat something. There was no arguing with Batman when it came down to it. It would also give her time to properly stitch her only major wound, the bullet wound to the shoulder. Nor was she surprised Rose ended up following after all. "Any others?"

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

• Thank You

The Argent Sentinel (Lilly Briant)
@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Gands @thatguyinthestore

The Sentinel wasn't quite sure what happened, but she suddenly felt a more solid connection with those around her... In either case, that brief pause in time, and that kiss on the forehead by some strange woman she didn't know, but... Apparently Grady did.

Looks like the Sentinel still had alot to learn about her teammates, though for now, her mind was focused on the task at hand, and after a brief check, just to make sure everything on her was in place, she spoke, responding to Harper's question.

"Let's do this." She said calmly.

As she prepared to dive into what was likely a trap, she held tightly onto her pistol, making sure her combat knife was close by, just incase she needed it on a moment's notice.
Harper didn't understand the presence of the woman. She didn't understand the kiss placed on her forehead by the strange woman, but before she could question it, she was gone. And then they arrived and you know what happens from there.

Harper nodded to Grady and the Sentinel. "Alright, let's do this shit." She said quietly before counting to three in her head. She then kicked the door open before investigating the hideout, being weary of any traps that were most likely planted.

@Gands @york @Michale CS @Ringmaster

"Ah, our little hideaway," Alfred Pennyworth declared as Rose made herself known to him; his reaction was visible as he looked her up and down in nigh a derisive fashion-- almost as if he were reminded of sneaky interlopers from years ago, breaking into Wayne Manor. He chuckled, his demeanor shifting to a sarcastic one as he relayed his response:

"No, I typically moonlight as a vigilante of the night with a bat motif, it's just my night off. In fact, I sometimes stand in for Batman. I do quite a stellar job if I'd say so myself." : |

Without missing a beat, Alfred slipped back into the mindset apropos for his occupation, carrying on with an air of geniality.

"Can I help you, Miss? You've already helped yourself to an apple but I'm about to make sandwiches and a spot of tea. Would you like any?"
"Wasting your time, Geoffrey, we won't be staying long enough. Mistress Say-Nothing has about five minutes until I go down there and drag her ass out by the cape." She gave a restless, stoic sigh through the nose, crossing her legs and tapping one foot off the floor while she waited. Her gaze went off to the side, away from Alfred and into the dark recesses of the cave, and even to the butler it was apparent there was something on her mind. What that was would be revealed to him a mere moment later as she looked back and asked with an entirely different expression and tone, playing a coy smile around the edges of her lips as she slightly popped a foot to kick the cavern wall behind her.

"...Is Nightwing here?~ ♥"

@C.T. @Indolent

*click cli-cli-clack!*

The lock gave way and the door slid open a crack to let Damian slip inside. This was where the Joker had run off to through the tunnels. This was where that monster had probably holed himself up after his pointlessly violent 'game' above. Damian may have handled his location (obviously), but others hadn't been so lucky with their buses and hostages. A strike against their probable amateur tactics compared to Damian's as it was against Joker, but it didn't change the fact that the clown was going to deserve every single broken bone Damian intended to give him when he found him.

And he was going to find him.

He didn't need backup. Not to say that he didn't understand the value of tactics and teamwork, but they were superfluous here. The Joker, for all his grandeur and insanity, was just a man like any other. He could do this on his own, prove to the others that had been fumbling their way through tonight that he was as good as he said he was, and perhaps give father the peace of mind that Damian could take on even his most hated foe and walk away unscathed. Not like last time. Last time had been... unpleasant for both sides. This time Damian was determined it was only Joker who suffered defeat, and he quietly observed his surroundings from the shadows to try and figure out where exactly the Joker had chosen to call his home away from padded and straight-jacketed home

@Sir Kaltao

"..." She didn't reply save for a relieved smirk from his reassuring. After all the physical wounds and mental trauma revisiting, it certainly felt like failure. But if he didn't believe it was that...it was good enough for her. Batman, Robin, Batwoman, Nightwing...all the rest. He was the one who made them all into a family. Cassandra stared intently at his face for a fair share of seconds, expression staying impassive.

You brought us all together because you understood our pain and our loneliness better than anyone ever could.

His statement meant more to her than she could express in words. Faith that Joker would be caught.

Cassandra nodded in agreement. "City in chaos." She noted with crossed arms. "Might need a more unified approach." And then she nodded once more at his order to go eat something. There was no arguing with Batman when it came down to it. It would also give her time to properly stitch her only major wound, the bullet wound to the shoulder. Nor was she surprised Rose ended up following after all. "Any others?"

"I've contacted who I can; left a message with Dick and Barbara is looking into contacting Captain America. Focus on the Joker then we'll tackle the greater issue."

There, another pause followed, with Wayne furrowing his brows as he noted the shift in Cain's demeanor. This elicited a meaningful nod toward Cain, accentuated by a barely perceptible, fleeting smile.

"I've got Damian's position; if he's available, I'll coordinate a rendezvous with you all."​
"Wasting your time, Geoffrey, we won't be staying long enough. Mistress Say-Nothing has about five minutes until I go down there and drag her ass out by the cape." She gave a restless, stoic sigh through the nose, crossing her legs and tapping one foot off the floor while she waited. Her gaze went off to the side, away from Alfred and into the dark recesses of the cave, and even to the butler it was apparent there was something on her mind. What that was would be revealed to him a mere moment later as she looked back and asked with an entirely different expression and tone, playing a coy smile around the edges of her lips as she slightly popped a foot to kick the cavern wall behind her.

"...Is Nightwing here?~ ♥"

@C.T. @Indolent

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
"I've contacted who I can; left a message with Dick and Barbara is looking into contacting Captain America. Focus on the Joker then we'll tackle the greater issue."

There, another pause followed, with Wayne furrowing his brows as he noted the shift in Cain's demeanor. This elicited a meaningful nod toward Cain, accentuated by a barely perceptible, fleeting smile.

"I've got Damian's position; if he's available, I'll coordinate a rendezvous with you all."​
"Affirmative." She returned the nod before she added quietly: "Thanks." That much done, she turned to go see if Alfred had prepared anything or what she could prepare herself...as well as snagging a medical kit for herself to properly close up her arm wound.

"Affirmative." She returned the nod before she added quietly: "Thanks." That much done, she turned to go see if Alfred had prepared anything or what she could prepare herself...as well as snagging a medical kit for herself to properly close up her arm wound.

She shooed Alfred along then, since contrary to popular belief she didn't actually like talking to weird old men. When Cassandra went to do just that her path naturally took her through the alcove Rose was leaning against and right past her spot, where the mercenary waylaid her by clapping a hand on her shoulder and keeping a rugged pressure on it to keep her from moving further forward as she gave Orphan a scowl.

"Well? This a big enough waste of time yet?"

@C.T. @Indolent

She shooed Alfred along then, since contrary to popular belief she didn't actually like talking to weird old men. When Cassandra went to do just that her path naturally took her through the alcove Rose was leaning against and right past her spot, where the mercenary waylaid her by clapping a hand on her shoulder and keeping a rugged pressure on it to keep her from moving further forward as she gave Orphan a scowl.

"Well? This a big enough waste of time yet?"
"You didn't have to come."

Cassandra peered up at Rose directly in her eye. "Got shot. Gashes and cuts on knuckles. Tackled in sewer waters without proper closure of wounds. No waste of time to fix. Stop infection." She didn't bother mentioning being tased or punched repeatedly, putting it behind her.

The mental nightmare was not behind her...but that was her problem, no one else's. Not even Batman's.

Her hand lifted up to tap Rose briefly. "Healing factor helps." Orphan commented before her hand pointed at herself. "Don't have. Only up after everything because I choose to be."

tumblr_inline_nvvycffPDg1t7td88_540.png

"Wait or go?" Cassandra glared fiercely at Rose. If Joker got away because of her actions here, Cass would own and accept that. There would be no time to brood about it afterward, not with Scarecrow's message and everything else. Crime never sleeps.

@OrlandoBloomers @Indolent

Grady Murtaugh - Corvus

As we are getting ready to investigate this hideout.

" Hey Blue, do you have a way of checking Electrical usage on the fly ? I mean, if you could, I'll bet most of his traps use electricity right ? For the record Argent is a crack shot and is excellent with hand to hand.
I have a good familiarity with security systems and computers, I'm hard to hurt and I'm pretty strong. Anyway, I thought you might want to know... I would. "

@york @Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore

"You didn't have to come."

Cassandra peered up at Rose directly in her eye. "Got shot. Gashes and cuts on knuckles. Tackled in sewer waters without proper closure of wounds. No waste of time to fix. Stop infection." She didn't bother mentioning being tased or punched repeatedly, putting it behind her.

The mental nightmare was not behind her...but that was her problem, no one else's. Not even Batman's.

Her hand lifted up to tap Rose briefly. "Healing factor helps." Orphan commented before her hand pointed at herself. "Don't have. Only up after everything because I choose to be."

tumblr_inline_nvvycffPDg1t7td88_540.png

"Wait or go?" Cassandra glared fiercely at Rose. If Joker got away because of her actions here, Cass would own and accept that. There would be no time to brood about it afterward, not with Scarecrow's message and everything else. Crime never sleeps.

@OrlandoBloomers @Indolent

Ravager just glared back at her, maintaining an eye narrowed in dissatisfaction as she lightly shoved the shoulder she was blocking and curled a fist in seeming frustration. She didn't even answer the question or anything Cassandra had said, disregarding it with a scoff.

"Christ, why've you just been letting me push you around all night? You're supposed to be some kinda badass. For a while I used to actually be afraid of you, you know, after what you did to me. Thought you had an edge."

She pushed forward off the wall, bearing down on Cass threateningly and jabbing a finger in her chest.

"Now I see the only times you're not a little wuss is when my dad's around to encourage bad habits. Yeah, he does that, doesn't he. Him, or--"

Grabbing Cassandra's wrist, she held up one of her bruised and bloody knuckles demonstratively and gestured to it with her opposite hand.

"--someone else. Guess the badass doesn't live here anymore. What a crying shame."

@C.T. @mobile post​

Status
Not open for further replies.