• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michale CS

Ignorance of grammar is not an excuse.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Evenings, Pacific Time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Body Parts
yellow Power Level: Talented Human to Enhanced (@Ringmaster @Gands Sections BUT if you have any questions on using a particular character, send a PM to @Ringmaster regarding the bulk of this event!),

red Enhanced to Superhuman ( LIMITED @Michale CS sections, your mileage may vary, and it will be a SMALL role in the overall plot, just to include those who are outside the range but whose PCs are in the area IC )

Look/Feel: [ Mob War/Riot - Marvel's Netflix MCU level ] No player cap!

This is an invite-only RP, but everyone in Epic Crossover is already considered invited! Note this is a major event with THREE GMS, @Gands @Michale CS and @Ringmaster. All collaboration to be handled in an Iwaku Conversation or on Discord.

'Nuff Said!

[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Eden Haller Psyhawk

The long conversation with her friend did not entirely calm her disposition. For herself, she had everything she needed in life. Aside from perhaps... purpose. As she drove towards Gotham from her home in New York she thought heavily about this. The powers that be couldn't keep her out of Gotham, couldn't stop her from helping. That being said, none of her old Shield connections would do a thing to keep her from getting splattered by any of the resident lunatics either.

She wore her new armor and with her mind, made the color all black as she marched up the stairs of one police plaza. The police had a barricade up. None of them noticed her. Once inside they did start to notice, briefly before their minds were frozen, paralyzed by her power. Of course, the more she used her power on, the more she Had to use her power on. The hell with it, she was tired of not getting noticed despite her best efforts. By the time she managed to get to the offices of Commissioner James Gordon, most of his officers and staff in the cathedral like old Police building were in fact now mentally frozen in place.

" Good evening Sir, forgive the style and nature of my entrance. My code name is Psyhawk and I've come to help."

@Michale CS

Bane could understand and relate to the idea of cutting off ties. After his last group-up with the Secret Six ended in defeat, Bane had left them behind. They may have been comrades in arms and some like Scandal felt like family to Bane. But this new voice irked him for some reason. Still, Bane was not one to lose his temper so quickly. Which is why after a brief pause, he responded.

"...Unavailable? If she is harmed in any way, I assure you. This call will be anything but a pleasure." Bane's blood boiled at the thought of this stranger over the phone having done something to Scandal. "You are speaking to Bane. Who are you?"

@Michale CS.
"No, she's not harmed... In fact, she and her lovely wife are quite the opposite of harmed right now, judging by the sound I'm overhearing from their quarters... thanks to my associates and myself. I suppose since the only name we have for you, Senor, is your codename, mine will suffice. You can call me Captain Cold. Is there a particular message you'd like me to relay to her?" Snart replied with his usual slow and deliberate manner.
"..."

Was that a compliment of sorts? That--

Ah ha.

"Thanks." Orphan quickly swiped the oufit and stepped off to a more secluded area to rapidly change. Once done, she stepped back into view and approached Bruce himself as he surveyed the screen before him. "I won't fail this time." She promised...and then added: "Just...get better."

With that, she turned to Dick and Rose. "Ready."

@Indolent @Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers
And the Batmobile followed like an honor guard.

@C.T. @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers @Michale CS @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra
It wasn't too long before Nightwing, Ravager, and Black Bat arrived at the front of the amusement park. As they approached, the whole place lit up and an announcement blasted over the PA system. "What's twelve years old, angry and about to die? Here, I'll give you a hint..." And eerily beautiful music played over the PA instead...
"..." She recoiled in disgust at the sight, clearly ill at ease but sure enough, there was the swift retort. "Hey. Don't sound so disappointed, fryface. Save that for when you're being carted away--" Her head snapped to the side as her sense went off...and she was struck, slammed bodily through one of the walls and skidding along her feet to a halt in the main hall.

Anya studied the suit for a moment before tilting her head. "Alright then. Discount power suits. Pálidas imitaciones." And in a blur of motion, she lunged forward to deliver an acrobatic double kick right for his sizable helmet and put whoever was inside down through the floor. Body shifting in mid-air, a strand of webbing launched for the one flying outside and she pulled with considerable strength, aiming to swing the guy right into the third one.

@Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore
It didn't work quite as well as she thought, as the third guy got out of the way, and the webbed power suit user managed to blast free of the web, but went spiraling out of control and out of sight.

Thankfully she had help...
. Of course, the more she used her power on, the more she Had to use her power on. The hell with it, she was tired of not getting noticed despite her best efforts. By the time she managed to get to the offices of Commissioner James Gordon, most of his officers and staff in the cathedral like old Police building were in fact now mentally frozen in place.

" Good evening Sir, forgive the style and nature of my entrance. My code name is Psyhawk and I've come to help."
"No time to talk, get out there and help my boys and Spider-Girl. We'll do pleasantries later." Gordon replied, gesturing to Dent and the three armored guys, who had been engaging GCPD and Spider-Girl in their attempt to hold City Hall.
Grady Murtaugh. -. Corvus.

"Then don't do it professor, don't help them !. We'll get you back to your life, I swear I'll do everything I can. "

Even then Grady was doing everything he could to dodge & block Nosferatu. Occasionally a hit would slip in, but Corvus proved to be quite tough.

"Professor, please help me, people are getting killed out there. They are bombing hospitals for God's sake. I admit, I am a rookie. I am out here pretending I have some idea what I'm doing on the off chance I can help before they take me out."

"You admitted it yourself, you were just another guy once, can you remember what it was to be terrified ?

@Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @york @Michale CS
"Save your speeches for someone who cares about them. You're just another mobster trying to pretend like you're not." Nosferatu whirled back in, Muay Thai style kicks sent lightning fast for Grady's jaw and collarbone, hoping to break something.
"Let's see... This can't be entirely self contained... Ah. There we go." Taskmaster located the ventilation system for the vehicle, and after disabling the ignition on the Hate-mobile, backed another nearby car up and left it running.

"So, while this is a far more merciful death than you deserve, unless you have an amazing filtration system that doesn't depend on electricity to run... It's the one you get. But... I'm not unreasonable. Enlighten me. Tell me these grandiose plans and I will let some of my colleagues who have, for whatever reason, a reluctance to kill men like you, know where you are when I leave you here to suck carbon monoxide. And on top of that..."

He pointed to Riddick, "...that man won't kill you if you try to leave your little fishbowl. I mean, tonight is already a PR nightmare. I might change my mind and just lose a couple of frag grenades under the car. But do hurry up. This has been a long night and I'm losing my patience."

@Ringmaster
Hate Monger just scoffed at first and pressed a button on a remote... then again. He paused. "You can't stop it. This? Gotham? Small potatoes. This is a playground fight compared to what's coming. There's a much bigger prize here..."

He finally opened up the bubble. "There's several cameras streaming this live now. You sure that you want to kill me and get that kind of PR?"

Taskmaster just threw his shield suddenly, knocking the man out. "Oh I want to, but I won't." He turned to Riddick. "You'll get your pay, but I think our arrangement is at an end. For now."

"Suit yourself, skully." Riddick disappeared into the night for now, as Taskmaster took care of binding up Hate-Monger, stripping him to his underwear. He knew 911 would be slammed right now so...

Ten minutes later, Hate-Monger would awake to find himself bound, gagged and run up a flagpole in front of a hardware store.
The Argent Sentinel (Lilly Briant)
@Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore

The Sentinel felt fear... At the same time, her father slowly began walking towards her, getting closer... And closer, but even then, she refused to yield.

Naturally, she was aware something wasn't right, but that wasn't what spurred her on to move; it was anger. Seeing her father in front of her, with a glint of a blade stirred up much older emotions... Emotions that had driven her to rebel against her father, and would serve to drive her on, even now.

Within her, the fear was all consuming, and rather intent on restricting her every move, but the Sentinel still stubbornly refused to give in. Through the few moments of lucidity she had, she could begin to feel her gun still in her hands, she had no time or strength to draw her knife, so she'd have to make a point blank shot.

With a slow, but steady movement, she aimed towards the man in front of her, who still looked like her father for her, before attempting to shoot him in the foot.

All this time, she continued to fight the fear, intending to re-establish complete control over her body again... From there, she hoped to be able to finish what she started.​
He didn't quite get out of the way in time, but all he did was hiss slightly at the shot that grazed his foot. The pause gave Lilly another moment of clarity, as she began to fight off the toxin as it thinned in the air. The image of her father wavered, and the image of a bald man grinning like a loon, approaching with a knife replaced it. Just in time for her to see that knife thrusting toward her throat.

Meanwhile... back with Zim and Gizmogal...

Of course these guys had it mostly wrong, but since when has that stopped them before? A dozen men, who looked like they'd just equipped themselves from a local sporting goods store, piled out of a nearby panel van. "Kill the Muties! They're to blame for all of this!" The logo on their T-shirts and berets was a familiar one to GizmoGal. The so-called Friends of Humanity. Of course they posed no real physical threat, but she would find herself electronically challenged as most of them wore GoPros and there was a woman staying in the van with a camcorder, recording the event - and possibly streaming it.

@Ringmaster @york @Gands @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @thatguyinthestore @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra @Indolent

• Love
Reactions: Ringmaster
Grady Murtaugh - Corvus

" Just another murderous scum Nosferatu, You'd do whatever it takes to get your life back. but now, all the life you'll get back is a life on the run, or a life in prison. "

Just then, Grady decided to take advantage of the one thing he could do better than Nosferatu, take a hit. He would miss the block on purpose, taking a hit on the shoulder instead of the jaw or collarbone, both arms darting out to grab the martial scientist, the intent to squeeze the daylights out of him. Grady's body was not entirely human after all, it was time to put his mother's bloodline to the test.

Eden Haller - Psyhawk

Meanwhile, at city hall, Psyhawk took advantage of her not really invisible power that she called the someone else's problem field. Her armor remained solid black with her face covering hood. She made her attempt to move into position to help Spider Girl. The young psionic targeted one of the power suits, putting the brain inside it in a mindlock. If there was a brain inside it...

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @york @C.T.

Reactions: Michale CS
Gizmo Gal had hit the ground running while Hall and Oates fanned out around her, feeding her a 360 view of the area to avoid being caught off guard by anything and identifying anyone who needed immediate help. She had managed to fend off a pair of thugs who were trying to break into a brownstone, when the van pulled up.
Of course these guys had it mostly wrong, but since when has that stopped them before? A dozen men, who looked like they'd just equipped themselves from a local sporting goods store, piled out of a nearby panel van. "Kill the Muties! They're to blame for all of this!" The logo on their T-shirts and berets was a familiar one to GizmoGal. The so-called Friends of Humanity. Of course they posed no real physical threat, but she would find herself electronically challenged as most of them wore GoPros and there was a woman staying in the van with a camcorder, recording the event - and possibly streaming it.
Great. The last thing I need on a good day. Janice thought as the group came storming out of their van. Hall scanned them, and found nothing too high-tech. The most advanced gear they had was the camera the woman had in her hand. Reaching out, she could sense that it wasn't just recording. Of course they wanted this streamed live for their legion of bigots. She could jump over and cut their feed no problem.

But she wanted them to see even a lone 'Mutie' was more than they could handle.

"You're the Friends of Humanity, right? Come to save all these humans or-" She started, sarcastically, until one came charging at her swinging a bat. She easily swatted that away with her own baton and with the other delivered a shock to his right knee. The man screamed out and clutched at his knee as the muscles painfully seized. The others came charging at her, incensed she had the audacity to not accept a beating. To avoid being swarmed, she gathered ambient electricity and sent it out in an arc that traveled through several of them. It was only strong enough to fry their GoPros and cause enough pain to stop them in their tracks. The ones unaffected were met by her batons and kicks when they closed the distance with her.

All the while she did her best to not go Wolverine on them. Even if she wasn't being recorded, she didn't kill even when she could kill with a carefully aimed jolt right to the heart. A couple would lose bowel movement and limb use for a bit, but nothing fatal. And if any had guns, she only dodged and if some happened to get between her and a bullet...well that was an unfortunate accident.

• Love
THE JOKER
"Oh-ho! Finally!" Joker put his hands on his tech guy's shoulders and squeezed them hard. The techy squirmed, but dared not to try and fight him off. "The bat and his brood, finally come to me!" His eyes quickly darted across the screens, wondering what which of his death traps would be their first stop. The Faux Freakshow Ride where kept his pet projects; the retrofitted-for-revenge Game Zone; the Old West section; the central ticket and food court building, or would they come right to the Funhouse?

"So many options…" Joker rubbed his gloved hands together and paced around the basement. Not nervous, no…..anxious for the fun.

"And to top it all off, I have you, my little birdy." He looked up to the very cramped cage suspended from the ceiling in which he had jammed the Robin caught in one of his traps trying to creep though his park. He grabbed a cattle prod, and turned it on then jabbed it up to shock him. "I've always been curious. Where does he get you kids? Does he have a deal with child protective services? Or does he just pick you up off the street?" He asked while repeatedly shocking him.

He cackled "Ya know what's funny? Of course not, you hang around Batman." He chuckled and went on. "I have fun whether you tell me or not. I have a laugh if you're telling me the truth or not. I could kill you, and the Batman would want to kill me…. oh he would want to kill me for taking another Robin…. but he wouldn't. And he'd stop anyone who wanted to do it. So I kill you, and I win. "He stopped shocking him to twirl the prod and whistle before resuming the steady prods. "But…in the wholly unlikely event he does…..well Joker still gets a laugh and wins." He started cackling loudly and shocked him with more frequency "So that's the big joke of your mentor Robin. He will love all of you so dearly, but in the end, I'm the only one he will always save."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers@Indolent @C.T.

• Thank You
It wasn't too long before Nightwing, Ravager, and Black Bat arrived at the front of the amusement park. As they approached, the whole place lit up and an announcement blasted over the PA system. "What's twelve years old, angry and about to die? Here, I'll give you a hint..." And eerily beautiful music played over the PA instead...

It didn't work quite as well as she thought, as the third guy got out of the way, and the webbed power suit user managed to blast free of the web, but went spiraling out of control and out of sight.

Thankfully she had help...

"No time to talk, get out there and help my boys and Spider-Girl. We'll do pleasantries later." Gordon replied, gesturing to Dent and the three armored guys, who had been engaging GCPD and Spider-Girl in their attempt to hold City Hall.

"Save your speeches for someone who cares about them. You're just another mobster trying to pretend like you're not." Nosferatu whirled back in, Muay Thai style kicks sent lightning fast for Grady's jaw and collarbone, hoping to break something.

Hate Monger just scoffed at first and pressed a button on a remote... then again. He paused. "You can't stop it. This? Gotham? Small potatoes. This is a playground fight compared to what's coming. There's a much bigger prize here..."

He finally opened up the bubble. "There's several cameras streaming this live now. You sure that you want to kill me and get that kind of PR?"

Taskmaster just threw his shield suddenly, knocking the man out. "Oh I want to, but I won't." He turned to Riddick. "You'll get your pay, but I think our arrangement is at an end. For now."

"Suit yourself, skully." Riddick disappeared into the night for now, as Taskmaster took care of binding up Hate-Monger, stripping him to his underwear. He knew 911 would be slammed right now so...

Ten minutes later, Hate-Monger would awake to find himself bound, gagged and run up a flagpole in front of a hardware store.

He didn't quite get out of the way in time, but all he did was hiss slightly at the shot that grazed his foot. The pause gave Lilly another moment of clarity, as she began to fight off the toxin as it thinned in the air. The image of her father wavered, and the image of a bald man grinning like a loon, approaching with a knife replaced it. Just in time for her to see that knife thrusting toward her throat.

Meanwhile... back with Zim and Gizmogal...

@Ringmaster @york @Gands @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @thatguyinthestore @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra @Indolent
@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @Others?

Another moment of clarity was all she needed... The Sentinel had quickly begun to pull herself together, fiercely fighting the fear toxin in the air as it started to thin out, and with her movements no longer as sluggish, she was a much more formideable opponent.

As the image of her father wavered, she began to remember what she had noticed before; that something was off about the air. Considering that the image of her father wasn't nearly as stable as before, and the discrepancies of what she saw happening to her at the moment, versus what she had witnessed with Harper collapsing.

It was then that she saw the knife coming for her throat, and in response, she swiftly dealt a harsh blow to the hand holding the knife, using both of her hands, in addition to the pistol she held between them as a rather painfull bludgeon.

With any luck, the force of the blow would knock the knife out of her assailant's hand, and she could quickly take them down, before they had a chance to try anything else. However, it was hard to say if things would work out exactly as she had intended, with the fear toxin still lingering in the air.​

It wasn't too long before Nightwing, Ravager, and Orphan arrived at the front of the amusement park. As they approached, the whole place lit up and an announcement blasted over the PA system. "What's twelve years old, angry and about to die? Here, I'll give you a hint..." And eerily beautiful music played over the PA instead...​
"..."

That was provocation enough, as far as Orphan was concerned. It had gone poorly...or so it seemed. Joker was not one to be trusted. It could just as easily be a lie. However, there was only one way to find out. Get through this crooked amusement park. As soon as she had an opportunity, she took it and made a beeline heading directly to the Funhouse.

@Sir Kaltao @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster

It was then that she saw the knife coming for her throat, and in response, she swiftly dealt a harsh blow to the hand holding the knife, using both of her hands, in addition to the pistol she held between them as a rather painfull bludgeon.

With any luck, the force of the blow would knock the knife out of her assailant's hand, and she could quickly take them down, before they had a chance to try anything else. However, it was hard to say if things would work out exactly as she had intended, with the fear toxin still lingering in the air.​
Swiftly, amazingly so, that hand twitched as the knife came down so that the end result was this: The assassin had twisted his hand around so that when she came down on it, she drove the knife into her hand and lost grip of her pistol. He had lost grip of the knife but that was because the blade was jammed into her left hand below her pinky, the tip of the weapon peeking out from a tiny exit wound that pointed toward the middle of her palm. The good news if you can call it that was the pain totally blew away any remaining effects of the fear toxin. Any fear she felt now was generated by the fact that this man was Victor Zsasz, an assassin with very likely over a hundred kills under his belt, and that he had been fast enough to react to the counterattack mid-swing.

Meanwhile the man ducked slightly as he used a foot sweep to kick Lilly's pistol away while he drew another knife. "I think I have more knives than you have hands, little girl..."

@york

Gizmo Gal had hit the ground running while Hall and Oates fanned out around her, feeding her a 360 view of the area to avoid being caught off guard by anything and identifying anyone who needed immediate help. She had managed to fend off a pair of thugs who were trying to break into a brownstone, when the van pulled up.

Great. The last thing I need on a good day. Janice thought as the group came storming out of their van. Hall scanned them, and found nothing too high-tech. The most advanced gear they had was the camera the woman had in her hand. Reaching out, she could sense that it wasn't just recording. Of course they wanted this streamed live for their legion of bigots. She could jump over and cut their feed no problem.

But she wanted them to see even a lone 'Mutie' was more than they could handle.

"You're the Friends of Humanity, right? Come to save all these humans or-" She started, sarcastically, until one came charging at her swinging a bat. She easily swatted that away with her own baton and with the other delivered a shock to his right knee. The man screamed out and clutched at his knee as the muscles painfully seized. The others came charging at her, incensed she had the audacity to not accept a beating. To avoid being swarmed, she gathered ambient electricity and sent it out in an arc that traveled through several of them. It was only strong enough to fry their GoPros and cause enough pain to stop them in their tracks. The ones unaffected were met by her batons and kicks when they closed the distance with her.

All the while she did her best to not go Wolverine on them. Even if she wasn't being recorded, she didn't kill even when she could kill with a carefully aimed jolt right to the heart. A couple would lose bowel movement and limb use for a bit, but nothing fatal. And if any had guns, she only dodged and if some happened to get between her and a bullet...well that was an unfortunate accident.
"Miss? Sniper at four o'clock, on the laundromat's roof." Oates told her. Not in so many words, but with her technopathy, reading the sensors of the drone and probably a bit of her own imagination made it feel like it had spoken. There wasn't anything indicating an AI on board of either of the drones, so it couldn't have been actual words... could it?

The remainder of the FOH members retreated before her abilities, falling back on their rhetoric and psychological warfare - screaming their anti-mutant rants as they scrambled to pile back into their van.

The sniper, however? Oates scanned databases and instantly found a facial recognition - the man wasn't even wearing a mask...
1061731-blackout.jpg
He was Thomas Hall, aka Blackout. Tried to get into SHIELD's GI Joe division and failed the psych exam. Broke out of the brig and was captured and subsequently recruited by COBRA.

Unfortunately sometimes there's a thing called too much information - the simple amount of time it took to process who he was and to start to move to cover or prepare an attack was enough for Blackout to fire. But because the bounty was for heads, it wasn't a head shot and didn't end Gizmogal's life. Besides, center mass was the easiest target. A second later she noticed a red patch spreading in her midsection, and a nearby fire hydrant dinged as the bullet that had easily penetrated her armor - twice, ricocheted off of it.

Meanwhile Zim and Gir were... what?
@Ms.Ezra @thatguyinthestore

BANG A single gunshot heralded the nearest park speaker cutting off in a shower of sparks and circuitry, Ravager returning the pistol to its holster on the back of her belt as she stalked further into the park.

"What kind of a fuckin' quack listens to instrumentals?"

@C.T. @Michale CS @Sir Kaltao

• Love
Reactions: C.T.
Swiftly, amazingly so, that hand twitched as the knife came down so that the end result was this: The assassin had twisted his hand around so that when she came down on it, she drove the knife into her hand and lost grip of her pistol. He had lost grip of the knife but that was because the blade was jammed into her left hand below her pinky, the tip of the weapon peeking out from a tiny exit wound that pointed toward the middle of her palm. The good news if you can call it that was the pain totally blew away any remaining effects of the fear toxin. Any fear she felt now was generated by the fact that this man was Victor Zsasz, an assassin with very likely over a hundred kills under his belt, and that he had been fast enough to react to the counterattack mid-swing.

Meanwhile the man ducked slightly as he used a foot sweep to kick Lilly's pistol away while he drew another knife. "I think I have more knives than you have hands, little girl..."

@york
@Michale CS

The Sentinel winced, though that was hardly noticeable under the cloth she had wrapped around her face, but she resisted the urge to grasp her injured hand. While she knew she'd have to treat the wound, she also knew that trying to manage it in the middle of a fight just wouldn't pan out.

Especially with an opponent like the one she faced at the moment; he was fast... Perhaps even faster than her. However, he likely had help from the influence of the fear toxin, which was now completely gone, thanks to that pain that had come from that injury to her gun hand.

While she had lost her gun, the fight was far from over... Even with an injured hand, the Sentinel as still determined to bring her opponent down, no matter what it took.

"Not... Quite..." She hissed in response to her opponent's last little comment.

Fighting back the pain she was still feeling from her hand which she had once held her gun with... She quickly used her ininjured hand to draw her combat knife, while she tried to wiggle the knife embedded in her injured hand free, making a motion to seize hold of it as soon as she was (hopefully) able to get it free.

All the same, now that she had an idea of what caliber of a fighter she was dealing with... She chose to back up slowly as she tried to make use of her injured hand, gritting her teeth through the rather excrutiating pain. While she had always been told to work through it, to push past it... That proved a little difficult to do when she had a knife embedded in one of her hands.

As she stood there, with her uninjured hand raised, hopefully armed with a knife now, she assumed a more defensive posture, intending to try and deflect any blows coming her way with the knife she was currently holding. Since she was injured, and in no state to assume a more offensive strategy, she opted to go defensive... And perhaps even try and get a good idea of just what sort of tactics her opponent would use.​

• Useful
BANG A single gunshot heralded the nearest park speaker cutting off in a shower of sparks and circuitry, Ravager returning the pistol to its holster on the back of her belt as she stalked further into the park.

"What kind of a fuckin' quack listens to instrumentals?"
d0gO7On.png

Fighting back the pain she was still feeling from her hand which she had once held her gun with... She quickly used her ininjured hand to draw her combat knife, while she tried to wiggle the knife embedded in her injured hand free, making a motion to seize hold of it as soon as she was (hopefully) able to get it free.

All the same, now that she had an idea of what caliber of a fighter she was dealing with... She chose to back up slowly as she tried to make use of her injured hand, gritting her teeth through the rather excrutiating pain. While she had always been told to work through it, to push past it... That proved a little difficult to do when she had a knife embedded in one of her hands.

As she stood there, with her uninjured hand raised, hopefully armed with a knife now, she assumed a more defensive posture, intending to try and deflect any blows coming her way with the knife she was currently holding. Since she was injured, and in no state to assume a more offensive strategy, she opted to go defensive... And perhaps even try and get a good idea of just what sort of tactics her opponent would use.
"Starting a knife fight with me... after you've seen how fast I am. Oh, this is going to be fun... tearing you down... bit... by bit..." Each time Szasz paused he feinted with one of the two knives he was wielding. There was no tactic here... unless the tactic was one purely psychological. He was taunting her. Meanwhile the knife did come free, and blood flowed freely from the wound now that it wasn't filled with steel. Wielding something in that hand was just going to exacerbate things, best to just clutch very hard on that recovered knife, which would provide pressure on the wound. So, while Lilly looked like she was fighting two handed, the second hand was just triage for a wound she'd have to get stitched up later.

There was something though, something deep inside the Argent Sentinel that she knew she could use. Victor Zsasz was possessed of an immense ego - who else would carve marks into himself with every kill? And right now, Victor appeared to have a distinct advantage in this fight. He was fighting with his preferred weapon, against a less experienced and wounded opponent.

That kind of overconfidence could easily be exploited... she just had to lead Szasz into some sort of mistake to where she could get the upper hand.

@york

green Due to the deadline of this storyline swiftly approaching, if the scene at the Amusement Park isn't done by the 15th, I'm going to create a sub-thread for it specifically that @Sir Kaltao will run for @Schnee Corp Lawyer, @OrlandoBloomers and @C.T.

I'll post the link in this thread and on the main clan information page. On the 15th I'm going to put up the IC Thread for the Xmas Event. If you want to sign up for this event, do so quackly... erm quickly... Here -> Event Signups

Janice watched the Friends of Humanity run off cursing with a good measure of satisfaction. Which was, in retrospect, a very bad idea. She got the warning of the sniper, and had only enough time to say "Oh shit." Before she felt the punch of the bullet rip through her midsection. She looked down, and clutched at the spot in a futile attempt to stem the bleeding. Her heart started beating so hard from the shock she could feel it in her ears, but she tried her best to slow it down even a little.

"Zim….Gir…anyone….help."The young woman put out through her commlink. "Bullet….to the….middle….not…" She stopped and fell to the ground. Running would get her blood pumping out faster and she'd bleed out before anyone could help her. If her assassin came to claim his bounty before then, maybe she could get in a strong enough jolt to stop his heart.

@thatguyinthestore
@Michale CS
@ anyone who happens to be in the vicinity with a miracle in their pocket.

Janice watched the Friends of Humanity run off cursing with a good measure of satisfaction. Which was, in retrospect, a very bad idea. She got the warning of the sniper, and had only enough time to say "Oh shit." Before she felt the punch of the bullet rip through her midsection. She looked down, and clutched at the spot in a futile attempt to stem the bleeding. Her heart started beating so hard from the shock she could feel it in her ears, but she tried her best to slow it down even a little.

"Zim….Gir…anyone….help."The young woman put out through her commlink. "Bullet….to the….middle….not…" She stopped and fell to the ground. Running would get her blood pumping out faster and she'd bleed out before anyone could help her. If her assassin came to claim his bounty before then, maybe she could get in a strong enough jolt to stop his heart.

@thatguyinthestore
@Michale CS
@ anyone who happens to be in the vicinity with a miracle in their pocket.
Zim heard her cry and rolled his eyes. "Pathetic human. Always falling behind and never reaching the success of Zim." He said with his fist clench. Just as he was about to fly away, Gir jumped in front of him.

"MASTER! WE GOTS TO HELP THE LADY!" The robot yelled. Zim narrowed his eyes at Gir.

"Move out of the way, Gir. I'm not helping this filthy human worm baby. Surely she has her own reproductive booster." He said before attempting to take control of the ship. Gir, however, began to cry louder.

"PLEASE MASTER!!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO MEAN!!?" He yelled as he began to slam his fists down on the control panel of the ship, causing several mechanisms and such to be activated.

This continued for a while, and Zim finally gave in out of pure annoyance. "Fine, Gir. I will help this pathetic human. Will this let you shut up?" Gir nodded with his tongue sticking out of his mouth with a smile before Zim exited the ship and approached Gizmo. He then pulled out a needle and injected it directly beside the bullet wound. If it worked in time, it would soon counteract any and all ailments she faced.

@Ms.Ezra

"Starting a knife fight with me... after you've seen how fast I am. Oh, this is going to be fun... tearing you down... bit... by bit..." Each time Szasz paused he feinted with one of the two knives he was wielding. There was no tactic here... unless the tactic was one purely psychological. He was taunting her. Meanwhile the knife did come free, and blood flowed freely from the wound now that it wasn't filled with steel. Wielding something in that hand was just going to exacerbate things, best to just clutch very hard on that recovered knife, which would provide pressure on the wound. So, while Lilly looked like she was fighting two handed, the second hand was just triage for a wound she'd have to get stitched up later.

There was something though, something deep inside the Argent Sentinel that she knew she could use. Victor Zsasz was possessed of an immense ego - who else would carve marks into himself with every kill? And right now, Victor appeared to have a distinct advantage in this fight. He was fighting with his preferred weapon, against a less experienced and wounded opponent.

That kind of overconfidence could easily be exploited... she just had to lead Szasz into some sort of mistake to where she could get the upper hand.

@york
@Michale CS

The Sentinel was quick to pick up on her opponent's cockiness as he feinted a hit, appearing overly confident in his ability to beat her; an exploitable weakpoint she could use to her advantage, despite her slightly crippled stature. She had quite a tight grip on the knife in her injured hand, partly to try and numb out the pain she felt from that injury... But mostly to keep herself from losing too much blood.

She hardly flinched, let alone moved at all during that little feint that her opponent did on her, partly thanks to that injury on one of her hands, as she was far too tensed up from gripping onto that knife to have room to flinch, even if she had wanted to. The injury certainly wasn't allowing her enough mobility to fight with her injured hand, however, she failed to let her posture falter, staying her ground for now as she maintained her defensive posture...

Though, as she made a few subtle adjustments to the way she was standing, there was something else that was painfully obvious. With her injured hand clutching the knife that had once been embedded into it, poised not unlike a scorpion's tail as it prepared to strike... And her uninjured hand, gripping her combat knife up in front, as if... Beckoning to him.

There was even a distinct look in her eyes as she stared her opponent dead in the face... As if she were silently mocking him, beckoning him to do his worst as she just stood there, apparently allowing him a chance to strike her first. It was a bit hard to tell from underneath the cloth wrapped around her face, but, it almost seemed like she was... Smirking a little too.

The Sentinel would wait as long as she needed, subtly tensing every muscle in her body as she prepared to make a move as soon as she saw an opening when her opponent would inevitably strike at her. Sure, he was fast but... If she could just get him riled up enough, she might just be able to catch him offguard and slice deeply into his dominant arm, with any luck, causing him to drop his weapon, though if an opportunity presented itself... Her slice would be aimed more towards the shoulderblade on the dominant side of her opponent's body.​

The Sentinel would wait as long as she needed, subtly tensing every muscle in her body as she prepared to make a move as soon as she saw an opening when her opponent would inevitably strike at her. Sure, he was fast but... If she could just get him riled up enough, she might just be able to catch him offguard and slice deeply into his dominant arm, with any luck, causing him to drop his weapon, though if an opportunity presented itself... Her slice would be aimed more towards the shoulderblade on the dominant side of her opponent's body.
It didn't go exactly as planned, as the returned cockiness from Lilly just caused Victor to smirk. But it did trigger a frenetic flurry of strikes from both combatants, fast enough to where - if this was in a movie - the director would have to shoot the exchange in slo-mo.

After the exchange though, the assassin was sporting a slice across the back of his forearm, and Lilly had no additional injuries. "How thoughtful. You made your own mark. I underestimated you. I almost never do that. This is going to be fun." Szasz fell back for a moment then went in again to engage, refocusing himself. She was starting to get the flow of Victor's style - Originally the man had went for a killing strike, but now that he knew that he was facing a competent combatant, he favored attacks that would simply inflict pain. The Sentinel came to the realization that to take down this opponent, she was going to have to purposely take punishment from him...

Or... their dance had left Lilly about two steps from where her gun lay on the floor. She thought of at least three ways she could roll, dive or duck to be able to retrieve it.

Would she go for her gun and try to avoid further injury, or would she take a hit or two and try to finish the blade master off in a knife fight?

@york

Grady Murtaugh - Corvus

" Just another murderous scum Nosferatu, You'd do whatever it takes to get your life back. but now, all the life you'll get back is a life on the run, or a life in prison. "

Just then, Grady decided to take advantage of the one thing he could do better than Nosferatu, take a hit. He would miss the block on purpose, taking a hit on the shoulder instead of the jaw or collarbone, both arms darting out to grab the martial scientist, the intent to squeeze the daylights out of him. Grady's body was not entirely human after all, it was time to put his mother's bloodline to the test.
Nosferatu had gained some confidence from his hits landing, even though they didn't land where he had intended. Finding himself grabbed suddenly despite his greater speed - though that did allow him to still have his arms free as he'd raised them as part of his aborted attempt to escape the grapple - Nosferatu brought his fists down on Grady's ears even as he grunted against the pain of the bear hug. If that boxing of Corvus' ears didn't disorient him, the next thing he did would almost certainly get the Irishman to let him go. Pulling up his mask with one hand to uncover his mouth, he opened it wide, bearing fangs as he bit hard into Grady's neck.

Meanwhile, at city hall, Psyhawk took advantage of her not really invisible power that she called the someone else's problem field. Her armor remained solid black with her face covering hood. She made her attempt to move into position to help Spider Girl. The young psionic targeted one of the power suits, putting the brain inside it in a mindlock. If there was a brain inside it...
It indeed have a brain inside it, and the suit who was in the middle of a sprint toward her simply faceplanted and skidded along the asphalt, striking sparks as the suit and the man inside it ground to a halt.

@Gands

It didn't go exactly as planned, as the returned cockiness from Lilly just caused Victor to smirk. But it did trigger a frenetic flurry of strikes from both combatants, fast enough to where - if this was in a movie - the director would have to shoot the exchange in slo-mo.

After the exchange though, the assassin was sporting a slice across the back of his forearm, and Lilly had no additional injuries. "How thoughtful. You made your own mark. I underestimated you. I almost never do that. This is going to be fun." Szasz fell back for a moment then went in again to engage, refocusing himself. She was starting to get the flow of Victor's style - Originally the man had went for a killing strike, but now that he knew that he was facing a competent combatant, he favored attacks that would simply inflict pain. The Sentinel came to the realization that to take down this opponent, she was going to have to purposely take punishment from him...

Or... their dance had left Lilly about two steps from where her gun lay on the floor. She thought of at least three ways she could roll, dive or duck to be able to retrieve it.

Would she go for her gun and try to avoid further injury, or would she take a hit or two and try to finish the blade master off in a knife fight?

@york
The fear toxin eventually cleared up for Harper as well. It took longer, as she was hit directly head on by the toxin and inhaled a much larger dose. She looked up only to find Zsasz fighting The Sentinel. Needless to say, Harper was beyond pissed at this point. Her mascara was bleeding and running down her cheeks from the tears that were shed when she saw Cullen laying lifeless on the ground.

"You can fuck with me. You can fuck with the Bat. You can fuck with the city. But you fuck with my little brother?" She said, grabbing her ecrisma sticks. She was now full out sprinting towards Zsasz. "Then I can personally make sure that your entire life is a living hell!" She yelled, jumping up into the air once she was close enough and attempting to shove an escrima stick down at Zsasz's neck.

@Michale CS @york

Status
Not open for further replies.