3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Body Parts
yellow Power Level: Talented Human to Enhanced (@Ringmaster @Gands Sections BUT if you have any questions on using a particular character, send a PM to @Ringmaster regarding the bulk of this event!),

red Enhanced to Superhuman ( LIMITED @Michale CS sections, your mileage may vary, and it will be a SMALL role in the overall plot, just to include those who are outside the range but whose PCs are in the area IC )

Look/Feel: [ Mob War/Riot - Marvel's Netflix MCU level ] No player cap!

This is an invite-only RP, but everyone in Epic Crossover is already considered invited! Note this is a major event with THREE GMS, @Gands @Michale CS and @Ringmaster. All collaboration to be handled in an Iwaku Conversation or on Discord.

'Nuff Said!

[/CENTER]

Last edited:
As she was awaiting the next riddle, Harper snuck off back a bit away from everyone to contact Bruce and tell him about Nygma. Assuming the comms went through, Harper began to speak.

"Yo Bats. I assume that by now you know about all the shit that's been going on in Gotham with the Foot Clan and Joker. Well I think I have a lead on who gave the clan the resources to operate in Gotham. It was Nygma. He's got me and some fellas going on one of his OCD-lightful scavenger hunts. Everything ok on your end?"

@Indolent

Her call keyed in at an impromptu moment following Batman's statement toward Dick. Good, another of the family established contact with him. Things were looking up. Especially with the contents of her message as it was relayed to him.

"I receive you, Bluebird. I had my suspicions. Keep your head in the game, take care of Nygma and report back."

His response was brief and curt, right to the point as was his custom. That and she didn't need to know that he had been injured; the effect of the Batman mobilizing would be ensured with a limited number of those in the know. At that, he turned his attention back onto Grayson.

Though he was still open to further bursts of communication, if it was necessary.

@thatguyinthestore

Her call keyed in at an impromptu moment following Batman's statement toward Dick. Good, another of the family established contact with him. Things were looking up. Especially with the contents of her message as it was relayed to him.

"I receive you, Bluebird. I had my suspicions. Keep your head in the game, take care of Nygma and report back."

His response was brief and curt, right to the point as was his custom. That and she didn't need to know that he had been injured; the effect of the Batman mobilizing would be ensured with a limited number of those in the know. At that, he turned his attention back onto Grayson.

Though he was still open to further bursts of communication, if it was necessary.

@thatguyinthestore
Harper nodded. "Read ya loud and clear, Bats. I'll contact you when we're done with Nygma. Oh, and if you get a chance tell Cass that I said hey." With that, Harper shut off the comms and caught up with Argent, awaiting the next riddle.

@Ringmaster @Indolent @york

sLTK1rB.jpg

"Thank you." She sincerely stated. She would be lying if she said she wasn't looking forward to meal once she laid her eyes on it. The tea looks perfect...and tastes just as grand she thought after taking a sip. The kind words only served to further accentuate the good feeling. Yes, it only takes a minute of knowing Alfred to realize he is as important as any in the Bat Family, if not more so.

He kept them all grounded. He was usually present for words of advice or if people needed sense smacked into them or even just being a listener as others bared their souls out with words. "You keep your promises. I know."

Her smile faded when he spoke again. "Your friend", he had said. Cass frowned, headshaking nearly imperceptible. Her voice dropped to a soft whisper. "No, that's not...right. Not friend. Barely ally." It wasn't easy to admit, but there it was. She had tried, multiple times, but every time she was rejected. Even violently so a few times.

"Deathstroke's daughter, just as I'm David Cain's. I thought our familiarity with pain...could be a common point to bond. Bond is right word, yes?" Orphan sighed, looking at Alfred directly in his eyes. Neither of their earlier lives were very happy.

"Waste of time. That's what she said about this." Her hand gestured out to the Batcave. "Now just thinking...was my attempt at reaching out also that? A waste of time?" She asked him completely seriously, not even bothering to stop him as he looked over the wound. She had stitched it up herself and was confident it would suffice...but a second opinion never hurt.

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

"I don't know, I think we got on pretty well, her and I," Alfred quipped, his infallible trait of sarcasm striking once more. Moving onward to more the serious matter, Alfred frowned and shook his head, "Yes, you would think that-- hold still-- but not everyone experiences pain the same way. It's bloody sad but the least we can do is sympathize and try to reach out. That in of itself takes time and, well, is all on you, love, whether you want to pursue it. No doubt, you've noticed it quickly becomes like a fight, yeah?"

There was a pause as Alfred realized momentarily his field dressing and stitching expertise was not required, "Outstanding sutures here. I'll dress this for you, you've got the gauze nearby? Course you do."

Without breaking stride in his words as he continued caring for Cass's wound, "Call me a loon for having to point it out but as you well know, if you wanna win a fight, you gotta outlast the other lad. If she really wanted nothing to do with you, why's she here; she could be off gallivanting like her father and doing the business proper with Joker. No, I think she needs more time. You'll get there and you'll realize all that time was worth it."

Following the end of his minor soliloquy was the completion of the dressing where he found it satisfactory.

"Would you like a replacement costume, Miss?"

Alfred stepped back with his inquiry hanging in the air as he pulled his sleeves back down, buttoning them back in place as he resumed the role of the butler. He still had meals to deliver and chores to do, a minor favor like this wouldn't hurt.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

"I don't know, I think we got on pretty well, her and I," Alfred quipped, his infallible trait of sarcasm striking once more. Moving onward to more the serious matter, Alfred frowned and shook his head, "Yes, you would think that-- hold still-- but not everyone experiences pain the same way. It's bloody sad but the least we can do is sympathize and try to reach out. That in of itself takes time and, well, is all on you, love, whether you want to pursue it. No doubt, you've noticed it quickly becomes like a fight, yeah?"

There was a pause as Alfred realized momentarily his field dressing and stitching expertise was not required, "Outstanding sutures here. I'll dress this for you, you've got the gauze nearby? Course you do."

Without breaking stride in his words as he continued caring for Cass's wound, "Call me a loon for having to point it out but as you well know, if you wanna win a fight, you gotta outlast the other lad. If she really wanted nothing to do with you, why's she here; she could be off gallivanting like her father and doing the business proper with Joker. No, I think she needs more time. You'll get there and you'll realize all that time was worth it."

Following the end of his minor soliloquy was the completion of the dressing where he found it satisfactory.

"Would you like a replacement costume, Miss?"

Alfred stepped back with his inquiry hanging in the air as he pulled his sleeves back down, buttoning them back in place as he resumed the role of the butler. He still had meals to deliver and chores to do, a minor favor like this wouldn't hurt.​
"Hmm." Her gaze drifted to the darkness momentarily. "Like a fight." She repeated, turning back to Alfred. "Thank you. I hope...I hope you are right." Good food, first aid and wise advice. There was no underappreciating of Batman's butler. She hesitated, gaze quickly going down to survey the entirety of her Orphan outfit. Torn and bloody throughout. "A new one would be smarter."

She paused again, turning thoughtful. "But...may I choose a different one from this?" Cass pulled on her sleeve.

"If available."

In the back of Zim's ship with Gir, Hall, and Oates; Gizmo Gal was scanning the radio and comm channels for anything of note when she caught the broadcast by Steve Rogers. For a moment she wondered if her boss would make an appearance. The streets of Gotham certainly needed it.

Then it occured to her that in the mad chase for Joker, she had almost forgotten her original purpose for coming here. There were people with high-tech weaponry harassing regular people down there, and the puppet masters had the people who could be stopping them distracted.

Her talents, she thought, were being wasted on chasing Joker. Cass and Ravager seemed more than capable. Maybe they could use less distractions anyway.

But then there was the matter of Zim. Almost as much of a wildcard as Joker, if she hadn't caught on to how to manipulate him via ego. It had failed the first time, but maybe a second would work.

"Lord Zim, pardon me for bothering you again, but the humans below are killing each other. Doesn't that mean there will be less for you to rule when your brilliant plans come to fruition? Shouldn't we stop them while your other servants handle the clown?" Janice shuddered imagining what Rose would do hearing herself called a servant. Cass would probably just say and do nothing to play along. Which is why she liked her more than Rose and actually hoped they would work together again some time.

@thatguyinthestore
@Ringmaster

In the back of Zim's ship with Gir, Hall, and Oates; Gizmo Gal was scanning the radio and comm channels for anything of note when she caught the broadcast by Steve Rogers. For a moment she wondered if her boss would make an appearance. The streets of Gotham certainly needed it.

Then it occured to her that in the mad chase for Joker, she had almost forgotten her original purpose for coming here. There were people with high-tech weaponry harassing regular people down there, and the puppet masters had the people who could be stopping them distracted.

Her talents, she thought, were being wasted on chasing Joker. Cass and Ravager seemed more than capable. Maybe they could use less distractions anyway.

But then there was the matter of Zim. Almost as much of a wildcard as Joker, if she hadn't caught on to how to manipulate him via ego. It had failed the first time, but maybe a second would work.

"Lord Zim, pardon me for bothering you again, but the humans below are killing each other. Doesn't that mean there will be less for you to rule when your brilliant plans come to fruition? Shouldn't we stop them while your other servants handle the clown?" Janice shuddered imagining what Rose would do hearing herself called a servant. Cass would probably just say and do nothing to play along. Which is why she liked her more than Rose and actually hoped they would work together again some time.

@thatguyinthestore
@Ringmaster
Zim thought about Gizmo's request for a second as he rubbed his chin. "Hmmmmmm...... Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....HMMMM..." He pondered out loud before finally nodding.

"You make a good point, worm slave. The Tallest can not bask in the glory of Zim if he doesn't even have any servants to rule over." This, of course, didn't bode well with Gir. Mere seconds after Zim landed the ship to deal with the humans who were fighting, Gir began to cry.

"But I wanna see the clown!! I loveded the clowns!! I loveded them!!!!!" He yelled, causing Zim to cringe. Zim simply turned around and looked Gir in the eyes.

"Gir, if you are good and help us we'll go get tacos after." Zim said sternly, almost like he was a parent.

"Ok!" He yelled with a salute before jumping out of the ship, Zim following soon after.

@Ms.Ezra @Ringmaster

Grady Murtaugh - Corvus

As we are getting ready to investigate this hideout.

" Hey Blue, do you have a way of checking Electrical usage on the fly ? I mean, if you could, I'll bet most of his traps use electricity right ? For the record Argent is a crack shot and is excellent with hand to hand.
I have a good familiarity with security systems and computers, I'm hard to hurt and I'm pretty strong. Anyway, I thought you might want to know... I would. "

@york @Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore

"Welcome."

3960056-1676936-blackhornet.jpg

At least one would recognize the masked figure standing there. Hands at his side, his foot popping briefly to tap his toe on the ground in a slow, deliberate pattern.

"There are three levels to get to the top...And a time limit."

Blandly, without a trace of emotion he continued.

"You can choose to fight and overpower.... Or answer the riddle my associate has left me."

The doors sealed shut behind them, as Nosferatu continued, the lights flickering out till there was only a lone spotlight, shining above his head.

"You have five minutes, till the death trap activates and you get the key or answer it right."

He cocked his head to the side.

"No lock nor bar shall hold me down, this mask fills you with dread. I waltz among your party throng, and leave everybody dead."

The light flicked out and then there was nothing as Nosferatu hissed.

"What am I?"

@Gands @york @thatguyinthestore
Harper thought about the answer for a moment. "Hmmmm...." She hummed, tapping her finger against her chin. After the thinking, she thought she had come up with the answer.

"The Masque of the Red Death."

@Ringmaster @Gands @york @Michale CS
"Correct."

The lights flickered on and the doors on the far end slid open as Nosferatu stood back. The intercoms flared on as Riddler snarled.

"You CHEATERS! You had to have cheated! Nosferatu, you two-bit, online doctorate thug! You know what's at stake if they get to me! Stop them, right now!"

There was a long pause, Nosferatu cocking his head to the side as he looked to the ceiling before musing aloud.

"Not my first choice in partners...But he's right."

He looked to the three and spoke.

"Your options are to either take me out together...Or leave one behind and conserve your strength, allowing that one to catch up. There are two others in this place, in addition to the traps of Riddler and they are designed to wear down people as only that demented mind can come up with. Its the Ball of Red Death in this tower and I- Am your first dance partner."

He placed his hands behind his back, slowly tapping his toe against the ground.

"So who wants to dance with me?"

@thatguyinthestore @Gands @york
Harper rolled her eyes at this. "There's always a catch with you, isn't there Nygma?" She asked sarcastically before turning to Noferatu.

Harper tugged out two escrima sticks. "You two go. I'll take care of this guy." Assuming that the two went on ahead, Harper then smirked and slowly approached the robot. "Alright, let's dance." She said, getting into a fighting stance.

@Gands @Ringmaster @york
Grady. -. Corvus

" Blue, I got this, go answer more riddles"

" Sides, Nosferatu owes me money "

@tharguyinthestore @york @Ringmaster
Harper let out a sigh accompanied with an eyeroll before putting the escrima sticks back in her belt. "Fine." She said aloud before running with Argent to the next station.

@Gands @Ringmaster @york
Grady Murtaugh -. Corvus

I take a ready stance.

"Come on Nosferatu, let's get my Eighty thousand of of this"

@Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @york
Harper nodded. "Read ya loud and clear, Bats. I'll contact you when we're done with Nygma. Oh, and if you get a chance tell Cass that I said hey." With that, Harper shut off the comms and caught up with Argent, awaiting the next riddle.

@Ringmaster @Indolent @york
The Argent Sentinel (Lilly Briant)
@Ringmaster @Indolent @thatguyinthestore

The Sentinel wasn't the best at riddles, but fortunately Harper was quicker to answer than her; with any luck, she'd be able to get the hang of this stuff, quick. Naturally though, the Riddle wasn't all that they had to get past; there was still Nosferatu, looks like he had some sort of connection with the Riddler, something he had to lose, but what?

If they weren't stretched on time, she'd probably delve deeper into the situation, but, considering that time was working against them... She prepared herself for a fight, but quickly halted when Harper, and then Grady stepped in. Though she normally would have put up more of an objection, she did realize they had more than one target to deal with. So, instead, she gave him a rather... Hard stare.

"You better make it." She said simply.

Was she making a demand, or a request? To be fair, there wasn't much of a different with the Sentinel, at any rate... In a brief instant, after looking like she might even have been close to giving Grady a hug, she headed off with Harper to the next area without missing a beat. It was apparent that she was pretty heavily focused on the task at hand, not intending to let anything get in her way.​

Reactions: Gands

He looked upward, craning his head awkwardly with a severely telling look to his face, "That also goes for your friend, skulking in the shadows."

What? He lived with the Batman, he was used to things hiding in the dark.

"Miss Wilson, do me a favor please; I've got to tend to this bloody mess in Miss Cain's shoulder so I ask you take the cocoa to Master Dick. And quickly, before the marshmallows melt; I just know he'll be doubly delighted to see you."​

With a rapidfire "ptuptuptu" in quick succession a trio of apple pips were spat out from the darkness and pinged harmlessly off the elder manservant's ridged brow, Rose walking forth from the murky recesses a moment later and adjusting the strap of her eyepatch in what seemed like an odd sort of uncertainty. She scratched the back of her head and spoke, voice nevertheless retaining its gruff deepness.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna do that thing where I awkwardly pretend my enhanced hearing didn't get every last word the two of you just said, but old Richard the Clueless over there isn't taking the bait and I need a new angle, so."

She grabbed the mug of cocoa by the handle and rolled her eyes, lingering briefly with the intent of saying something else before she summarily thought better of it and turned away. Had half a mind to get cheeky and ask for something her size while she was at it and the other two were talking about costumes, considering the bedraggled and sewer-drenched state of her own suit, but hah. Like that'd ever take off.

"Hey sexy!"

If, perchance, a confused bystander were to wander onto the scene at that moment and wonder in their bewilderment if someone just interrupted an intense conversation between Batman and his once-protégé by loudly yelling "hey sexy" at the latter across the span of the room, they could rest assured they'd be right. Ravager marched over and practically pushed the mug of cocoa into his chest for him to take.

"One cup of cocoa outta a whole tray of plain tea. That SAS butler must think you're pretty special, or something."

@C.T. @Indolent @Ringmaster @prayin atcha God let me get to a computer soon​

Reactions: Gands

It was the first time Grady had ever seen Nosferatu fight. For a purported scientist, in the dim light and the shadows, he moved like a serpent. One moment, tapping his foot on the ground.

The next, suddenly seemingly right in front of him, doing a backflip kick with the intent to slam it right into Corvus's jaw, landing on his feet as he swerved to the immediate right, the mask's eyes flashing bright as another kick lashed out upwards, aiming for his ear if the first move impacted. Muay Thai kickboxing, a relatively niche martial art but one it appeared he seemed to know intimately. Coupled with the systematic approach he was going for, it made for a deadly combination. The jaw, the ear target...He was seeking to disorient.

And if he managed both, that would have made things much easier to land his blows as he spoke quietly.

"This is something beyond money, Grady. I do this- I get my life back."

------

The doors sealed behind Harper and the sentinel, the heat being the first thing to impact both. This particular level seemed built around the concept of a boiler room, shadows and red light giving it an eerie sensation that seemed to grow larger the longer they stayed. A sensation of something crawling up their spine, a feeling that intensified.

They were not alone.

Riddler sneered over the intercom.

"Feeling particularly feverish my friends? Everybody does. Although...Really, what else could I say about your actions, that you hadn't already revealed?"

There was a beat as he added.

"Good luck getting past this puzzle. And don't think you'll be able to cheat your way through this one! Seriously."

The intercom clicked off and a voice raspy and dark, echoed through the boiler room.

"Visitors! Welcome to MY nightmare. Hehehehehehe! The task is simple...Find the key. Before I find you."

The steam filled the air, preventing visibility to an extent... But there were four places at least to check. North where the exit was...The east section and the west...And of course, the boiler in the center of the room that acted as a hub.

@Gands @thatguyinthestore @york

---------

Seems there was a lot riding on tonight, if Bruce told him he had to be Batman for the night. In response, recognizing the gravity of the situation(one needed only to look in the direction of poor Cass to see for himself), he grinned and spoke.

"Hope you still keep a few suits my size-."
"Hey sexy!"

If, perchance, a confused bystander were to wander onto the scene at that moment and wonder in their bewilderment if someone just interrupted an intense conversation between Batman and his once-protégé by loudly yelling "hey sexy" at the latter across the span of the room, they could rest assured they'd be right. Ravager marched over and practically pushed the mug of cocoa into his chest for him to take.

"One cup of cocoa outta a whole tray of plain tea. That SAS butler must think you're pretty special, or something."
Speaking of protege's.

He reached a hand to grab the mug, a little off-balance as he looked into the singular eye, of someone that he felt genuine pleasure to see around here.... Odd choice of monikers nonwithstanding. In return, he flashed an easy smile and clapped a friendly hand on her shoulder. It had been a while honestly, since he had taken her under his wing at her dads insistence.... It was a decision he never regretted since. Someone like Rose had the drive and the skill to do great things with her life, like everyone Bruce had adopted into the fold. Himself, Jason- May he rest in peace, Tim...And of course, Cassandra, Stephanie, Barb, Harper- The bat family had grown into a dynasty of heroes under his vision, and that had perhaps been the most important thing he took from it.

The result stood before him.

And even to this day, he was just as proud.

Even if she kept hitting on him. That was a can of worms he was not interested in opening anytime soon, so he smiled at her and gave a shrug.

"Hey, Jason was tough, Tim's got the brains and Damien is like two tons of psycho in a half pint glass. I had to have something." :<

In this case, cocoa with marshallows and he took a sip, letting the sweet and sugary substance energize him for tonight as he he sighed out with unfeigned pleasure, raising his mug outwards.

"Thanks Alfred! Heya Cass!"

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers @C.T.

Meanwhile....

Leaving Spidergirl to the court house and Two Face, Captain America would be rushing out towards the Narrows to stop the mob and one of the potential Hate Monger LMD's....Leaving the last one for Taskmaster to deal with, in the upscale neighborhood. The riot itself was nothing special- Once you've seen one, you've seen em all. People gone mad, looting and violence, overturning cars and generally causing trouble...And the Hate Monger himself, in what looked like some kind of Pope-mobile, encased in a transparent sphere as he was driven through the street, giving out a speech on the portable podium.

Spidergirl, wouldn't see Two Face yet...But she did see a police barrier, which seemed to have some kind of standoff as both sides opened fire, the distinct whine of the projectiles used by the pulse rifles echoing and ripping into cop cars as war waged on the streets of Gotham.

@C.T. @Michale CS

Meanwhile....

Leaving Spidergirl to the court house and Two Face, Captain America would be rushing out towards the Narrows to stop the mob and one of the potential Hate Monger LMD's....Leaving the last one for Taskmaster to deal with, in the upscale neighborhood. The riot itself was nothing special- Once you've seen one, you've seen em all. People gone mad, looting and violence, overturning cars and generally causing trouble...And the Hate Monger himself, in what looked like some kind of Pope-mobile, encased in a transparent sphere as he was driven through the street, giving out a speech on the portable podium.
The glass was likely bullet proof, but speakers needed to be exposed. "Let's turn your Hatemobile into a fishbowl..."

Taskmaster stalked around the area, keeping to the shadows on nearby rooftops as he located the speakers. A few explosive arrows later, that issue should have been dealt with.

Followed by a couple of arrows that simply had neon paint as payload - usually used for marking things for others to see. This time it was to obscure the view. He had to draw LMD out.

He still had one trick left - an EMP arrow but he was saving that.

@Ringmaster

Grady Murtaugh - Corvus

Grady watched Nosferatu very carefully. The young potential hero had been training himself the last few months. He didn't initially have to move as quickly to block, using the cudgel in his left hand moving upwards to do so, the dodging out of the way on the second kick, moving the cudgel to sweep the legs out from under Nosferatu. Elements of Pilipino stick fighting and kickboxing could be spotted in the maneuvers if the watcher were attentive.

" Personally, I think you are being a fool, but hey, that's your prerogative".

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @york @thatguyinthestore

Spidergirl, wouldn't see Two Face yet...But she did see a police barrier, which seemed to have some kind of standoff as both sides opened fire, the distinct whine of the projectiles used by the pulse rifles echoing and ripping into cop cars as war waged on the streets of Gotham.​
"Matones. They never change." She whisked through the air high above both the cops and the criminals firing off against each other. Anya relinquished her strand of web, beginning her sharp descent down towards the lawless directly underneath her. The only forewarning to her landing was rapidfire multiple shots of webbing onto their faces, aiming to blind them all.

Split-seconds later, she landed on the street right in the midst of all the criminal attackers with a smile.

FzCkiKC.jpg

"Hola." Then she was moving with incredible speed and remarkable grace, throwing punches and kicks for quick KOs before she would move on into City Hall proper.

@Ringmaster

It was the first time Grady had ever seen Nosferatu fight. For a purported scientist, in the dim light and the shadows, he moved like a serpent. One moment, tapping his foot on the ground.

The next, suddenly seemingly right in front of him, doing a backflip kick with the intent to slam it right into Corvus's jaw, landing on his feet as he swerved to the immediate right, the mask's eyes flashing bright as another kick lashed out upwards, aiming for his ear if the first move impacted. Muay Thai kickboxing, a relatively niche martial art but one it appeared he seemed to know intimately. Coupled with the systematic approach he was going for, it made for a deadly combination. The jaw, the ear target...He was seeking to disorient.

And if he managed both, that would have made things much easier to land his blows as he spoke quietly.

------

The doors sealed behind Harper and the sentinel, the heat being the first thing to impact both. This particular level seemed built around the concept of a boiler room, shadows and red light giving it an eerie sensation that seemed to grow larger the longer they stayed. A sensation of something crawling up their spine, a feeling that intensified.

They were not alone.

"Feeling particularly feverish my friends? Everybody does. Although...Really, what else could I say about your actions, that you hadn't already revealed?"

"Good luck getting past this puzzle. And don't think you'll be able to cheat your way through this one! Seriously."

The intercom clicked off and a voice raspy and dark, echoed through the boiler room.

"Visitors! Welcome to MY nightmare. Hehehehehehe! The task is simple...Find the key. Before I find you."

The steam filled the air, preventing visibility to an extent... But there were four places at least to check. North where the exit was...The east section and the west...And of course, the boiler in the center of the room that acted as a hub.

---------

Seems there was a lot riding on tonight, if Bruce told him he had to be Batman for the night. In response, recognizing the gravity of the situation(one needed only to look in the direction of poor Cass to see for himself), he grinned and spoke.

Speaking of protege's.

He reached a hand to grab the mug, a little off-balance as he looked into the singular eye, of someone that he felt genuine pleasure to see around here.... Odd choice of monikers nonwithstanding. In return, he flashed an easy smile and clapped a friendly hand on her shoulder. It had been a while honestly, since he had taken her under his wing at her dads insistence.... It was a decision he never regretted since. Someone like Rose had the drive and the skill to do great things with her life, like everyone Bruce had adopted into the fold. Himself, Jason- May he rest in peace, Tim...And of course, Cassandra, Stephanie, Barb, Harper- The bat family had grown into a dynasty of heroes under his vision, and that had perhaps been the most important thing he took from it.

Even if she kept hitting on him. That was a can of worms he was not interested in opening anytime soon, so he smiled at her and gave a shrug.

"Hey, Jason was tough, Tim's got the brains and Damien is like two tons of psycho in a half pint glass. I had to have something." :<

In this case, cocoa with marshallows and he took a sip, letting the sweet and sugary substance energize him for tonight as he he sighed out with unfeigned pleasure, raising his mug outwards.

"Good lord...." Harper muttered when the man began to speak. Why does every villain have to have this dark, raspy voice?

Whatever. Harper turned to Argent and pointed to the north section.
"Here's the plan. I'll get the north section and you get the south. If that still doesn't work, then you take east and I'all take west." Assuming she agreed, Harper took off sprinting to the north section to try and find the key.

@Ringmaster @york @Gands

Thomas Cobblepot

Thomas had soon pulled up to the area in front of City Hall after the Spidergirl showed up. Once he saw her, he rolled down the window snapped his fingers before pointing at her, prompting Butch to exit the vehicle tug out an AK-47 and fire at her rapidly. "Spider girl! The revolution has already started! It's too late to join!" Thomas yelled over a microphone, still wearing the mask from earlier.

As Butch and Anya were fighting, Thomas began to talk over the mic some more. "Ladies and gentlemen of Gotham City! Tonight is the night where we take our city back! For too long, so called heroes such as Batman have sworn to protect this city have only made it worse. Look at The Joker. Would he even exist if not for Batman? Luckily, we have men like Harvey Dent who will clean up this God forsaken city. And tonight he will be here in City Hall for his very first campaign speech. Stay tuned!"

@Ringmaster @C.T.

Last edited:
"Hmm." Her gaze drifted to the darkness momentarily. "Like a fight." She repeated, turning back to Alfred. "Thank you. I hope...I hope you are right." Good food, first aid and wise advice. There was no underappreciating of Batman's butler. She hesitated, gaze quickly going down to survey the entirety of her Orphan outfit. Torn and bloody throughout. "A new one would be smarter."

She paused again, turning thoughtful. "But...may I choose a different one from this?" Cass pulled on her sleeve.

"If available."

"Not to be a braggart but I usually am. Ask Batman, he'll tell you. I'm right proper insufferable like that," Alfred declared, smirking. Of course, it probably helped that he was part of the fold seamlessly enough that his quips and remarks leveled just under the radar in the Bat's presence; probably something to do with having raised the lad himself and such.

At her query, he was quick to answer, "Of course. Do tell me quickly, I'll appropriate something fitting; though it might be a tad bit large for you. What will it be?"
With a rapidfire "ptuptuptu" in quick succession a trio of apple pips were spat out from the darkness and pinged harmlessly off the elder manservant's ridged brow, Rose walking forth from the murky recesses a moment later and adjusting the strap of her eyepatch in what seemed like an odd sort of uncertainty. She scratched the back of her head and spoke, voice nevertheless retaining its gruff deepness.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna do that thing where I awkwardly pretend my enhanced hearing didn't get every last word the two of you just said, but old Richard the Clueless over there isn't taking the bait and I need a new angle, so."

She grabbed the mug of cocoa by the handle and rolled her eyes, lingering briefly with the intent of saying something else before she summarily thought better of it and turned away. Had half a mind to get cheeky and ask for something her size while she was at it and the other two were talking about costumes, considering the bedraggled and sewer-drenched state of her own suit, but hah. Like that'd ever take off.
The butler's response was as classic as they came:

Though it was not as dramatic but nonetheless, the butler brushed his forehead off, and with a huff out of the way, looked back to Cassandra for her answer.

Alfred would have retaliated with a remark but he felt all that followed prior sufficed and that she'd suffered him enough.

Y'know what, never mind that nonsense:

"I'd offered to fix the lady a spare outfit too."

Bruce would present Dick his answer in the form of gesticulating, in a sweeping fashion with his right arm, toward a table that had the equipment prepped and ready to go, courtesy of Alfred's diligent work.

The indicating hand returned to its owner's side as Wayne indubitably noted the Batcave's interloper making her presence more than known--
"Hey sexy!"

@C.T. @Indolent @Ringmaster @prayin atcha God let me get to a computer soon​
Cue the classic bat-stare, with the brows furrowed in intense fashion and the tightening of muscle around the cheekbones accentuated with the slight clenching of his jaw. True, it might not have carried as much weight as without the cowl, but it would remind those familiar with the Batman, to some extent, precisely that he was the Batman.

"Alfred overheard your call," Wayne clarified for Dick's benefit as he continued to observe the aforementioned interloper. If it weren't for his intervention with the Batcave's systems-- and the knowledge she was an ally, of some sort, to Cassandra-- Ravager could possibly have been asleep in the passing point between the sewers and the batcave.

Which would truly have been a waste.​

Speaking of protege's.

"Time is short, Cassandra and Ravager will follow after you."

With that, he returned to studying the information the batcomputer had to offer.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: C.T.
"Not to be a braggart but I usually am. Ask Batman, he'll tell you. I'm right proper insufferable like that," Alfred declared, smirking. Of course, it probably helped that he was part of the fold seamlessly enough that his quips and remarks leveled just under the radar in the Bat's presence; probably something to do with having raised the lad himself and such.

At her query, he was quick to answer, "Of course. Do tell me quickly, I'll appropriate something fitting; though it might be a tad bit large for you. What will it be?"​
"One like Harper's, if you can." She replied after a few moments of not being sure how to respond to the revelation that Rose had heard everything they had said. That was...something. Cass wasn't certain yet what that thing would be.

"One like Harper's, if you can." She replied after a few moments of not being sure how to respond to the revelation that Rose had heard everything they had said. That was...something. Cass wasn't certain yet what that thing would be.
Alfred had only but a succinct reply ready for Cassandra:

Off he went to modify one of Bluebird's spare costumes.

@C.T.

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS and C.T.
Speaking of protege's.

"I'd say you got the looks, but-- Being a cyclops-- all you Boy Toy Wonders look the damn same to me. Except the puppy. I know it's him if I have to look down more than two feet."

She commented, giving a coy tilt of her head to one side as she sent her eye-singular down on a once-over of her onetime mentor's figure. Yup. That was the benefit of those skintight acrobatics suits they all wore. Nice abs. Not as good as hers, but nice all the same.

Still, there was, surprisingly enough for a boy, more to Dick Grayson than his supermodel good looks and affinity with tight clothing; She wasn't one to stand around ruminating on past endeavors, but his was the influence that made her want to break Deathstroke's influence, and while she was through being influenced by anybody these days she didn't even have to consider which of those she liked best. At the end of the day, all Dick ever really offered was choice-- Something she never had with the other guy, so she owed him for that. A debt she would've had a few ideas on how to start repaying if he weren't ever the goodie two-shoes boy scout who for all his jokes and quips seemed to have an allergy against having any kind of real fun.

Of course, that had all been years ago. When she was a teenager in no remotely stable frame of mind and Dick was still a young blood who thought it'd be cool to change his color scheme to red and black and start calling himself Renegade. She was all grown up and her own woman now, and he... Well, honestly he seemed exactly the same. Happier, maybe. So that was good. Crossing her arms and casually leaning her lumbar back against the Batcomputer, she gestured a hand in the direction of the equipment set out for him, giving a smirk that was positively devilish and asking a question that could be perceived as innocent out of context but in reality was anything but.

"You getting changed?"
Cue the classic bat-stare, with the brows furrowed in intense fashion and the tightening of muscle around the cheekbones accentuated with the slight clenching of his jaw. True, it might not have carried as much weight as without the cowl, but it would remind those familiar with the Batman, to some extent, precisely that he was the Batman.
Yeah, that would've been her reaction to getting third wheeled talking to her own son too.

"We get it, you're Batman. Should I be hearing an orchestra?"

Rose grimaced and mimed twiddling wax out of her ear, looking back over at the face of the billionaire without preamble as she threw callous sarcasm right back in the face of his glare. She had to hand it to him, though. His mug looked totally different to what you saw on TV and at charity balls.

She didn't really care who he was under his mask one way or another, but she had to assume he at least suspected Slade already knew so she didn't bother bringing it up.

"So am I Batgirl now?"
qKnKj9B.jpg

For some reason, for such an innocuous gesture it was impossible not to look over at that, Wilson blinking at Cain's battletorn smile and proud posture for a moment or two before she turned her shoulder with a clenched jaw.

"She's been in the thick of it all night. From the very beginning. Better than I have been."
Time is short, Cassandra and Ravager will follow after you."

With that, he returned to studying the information the batcomputer had to offer.
All at once, she straightened, sniffing brusquely and looking down at her belt as she reaffixed it needlessly and checked her inventory.

"He'll be following us, Batboy. But the mummy's right. Chug your drink, whip those pants off and let's go."

The latter part of the statement, naturally, was directed at Grayson.

@C.T. @Indolent @Ringmaster

• Bucket of Rainbows

------

They were not alone.

The Argent Sentinel (Lilly Briant)
@Gands @thatguyinthestore @Ringmaster

The Sentinel had been trained her whole life to keep a cool head no matter the situation... And perhaps this was what gave her a special sort of resilience to this crawling sensation in the room, but nonetheless, it took effect... Just slower than one may expect thanks to her ability to keep her cool, unfortunately though... She was still only human, and as such, she had to work fast.

Considering that they were evidently not alone in the room, she kept her guard up as she crept towards the center, intending to check the boiler first for the key. There were a few other places to go, but she figured she'd start with the one closest to her; there was that chance that the key out of here was more or less hidden in plain sight, in a manner of speaking anyways.

Yeah, that would've been her reaction to getting third wheeled talking to her own son too.

"We get it, you're Batman. Should I be hearing an orchestra?"

Rose grimaced and mimed twiddling wax out of her ear, looking back over at the face of the billionaire without preamble as she threw callous sarcasm right back in the face of his glare. She had to hand it to him, though. His mug looked totally different to what you saw on TV and at charity balls.

She didn't really care who he was under his mask one way or another, but she had to assume he at least suspected Slade already knew so she didn't bother bringing it up.

"So am I Batgirl now?"
"..."

Cue the Batman blatantly ignoring Rose's words.​

qKnKj9B.jpg

For some reason, for such an innocuous gesture it was impossible not to look over at that, Wilson blinking at Cain's battletorn smile and proud posture for a moment or two before she turned her shoulder with a clenched jaw.

"She's been in the thick of it all night. From the very beginning. Better than I have been."
"Thanks," the Bat uttered suddenly out of the blue, from the left field, from the Andromeda galaxy. Seizing the moment so not as to lose it amid potential confusion, Wayne continued on.

"Circumstances are sketchy; things could've gone differently. Regardless, you helped Orphan. So, thanks."

At that, he peered over the shoulder towards Rose, allowing a second's worth of silence.

"I trust you'll continue to help her."

And that was all, with him returning to surveying the numerous portents aligned across the monitor in front.​
"Ah, Miss Cain. I think you'll find this to your liking-- pardon me, I took the liberty of selecting one that'd give me less a fit as I fixed it up for you," Alfred Pennyworth uttered aloud toward the young Orphan.

In his hand, extended for her to see, and to take, was a costume in the fashion he'd requested (pic for details):

"Do be quick, you've little time to waste!"

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.