• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Rogers nodded at Rin and Emerald. "Teleport ahead," he agreed, "we'll catch up."

He turned to Cage. "Let's hope your 'cab' is discreet, Cage. We've already drawn enough eyes to us." As he, Cage, and Spider-Man headed out, Rogers internally debated how much to tell the streetwise fighter. Figuring that what he knew wasn't terribly incriminating, Rogers said, "The Hand organization is trying to get a foothold in New York. SHIELD wants them shut down. In particular, they managed to capture a 'person of interest,' though their identity is classified, even from me. My mission was to retrieve this person of interest and bring them back to SHIELD. Hopefully, you've got some leads we can use."

Rogers then turned to Spider-Man. "As for you, I'm willing to let you accompany us on this mission, but only because Stark's spoken for you." He raised a finger. "If you're going to involve yourself in SHIELD business, then a few things need to be clear: One, no reckless heroics. Two, we work as a team. Stark says you're a good kid and from what I've seen and heard, you're the kind of hero New York needs -- no matter what the Daily Bugle says. But hotheaded bravado can get you and your teammates killed, understand?"

Reactions: Michale CS
He can get even with Mikey later...

The next morning, Raphael awoke to the feeling of being watched.

When he got up, Splinter was in his doorway.

"I have decided that there is another way you can help. There is an organization called One World. Tomorrow they are hosting an event in a part of New York called 'Hell's Kitchen'. They are giving food and clothing to those who need it. Some well known metahumans will be among those distributing the charity. There is one condition however-"

"You're gonna need a super hero name and costume! You're gonna be Turtle Titan's new Sidekick!"
Mike popped into the room, in full regalia.

@Nomad-22

For a second he thought Splinter was going to make him do more exceriss like the potatoe sack from last night. Instead it was...charity? Master usually never let him or his brothers take part in public events, ninja secrecy and all. Further explanation came in the form of Michelangelo dressed in his Turtle Titan's outfit. The sidekick comment earned a swiftly pillow thrown at his direction while Raph struggle for words to reply to what sensei had commanded, scratching the back of his head.

"Master Splinter ya know I'm not exactly a touchy feely kind of guy. Beside would any of those self righteous capes want someone of my 'reputation' around in that event?"

He was referring to the Nightwatcher persona, that he had adopted at night for his vigilante activities. His family had all figured it out by now, though Leo had been the only one to raise strong objections about the whole thing, but Raph obviously didn't let that stop him. If those superheroes were anything like Leo with that self righteous streak up his butt then tomorrow is going to be extra frustrating.

Last edited:
"Master Splinter ya know I'm not exactly a touchy feely kind of guy. Beside would any of those self righteous capes want someone of my 'reputation' around in that event?"

"Whatsammater, Nightwatcher? You scared of taking a day shi-uhgh!" Mikey's comment was cut off by a sharp rap across his middle by Splinter's cane.

"Exactly. The very people who need help the most need to see that you are not their enemy. Coincidentally, you will not be the only green complected hero in attendance."

Mikey rubbed his stomach but recovered in time to swoon. "Yeah. She-Hulk is going to be there! She's so beautiful, and green... and strong... and green..." He wrung his hands and stared upward. "Did you know she's like six foot six?"

Splinter shook his head. "Miss Walters donated significantly to this charity and will be in attendance, therefore, I feel, under the cover of your persona, this is safe venture into the public. You do not see that the world does not all hate our kind. There are museums and statues to other metahumans, and they are welcomed in countries like Latveria and Wakanda. If we wish to finally step out of the shadows, it will never happen if we do not take a first step. However..."

"If you wanna Bail, Donnie's working on some Iron Man kinda armor he wants to test out."

"It's not Iron Man! I am using cold fusion and solar power, not an Arc Reactor, also the relays are entirely different." A call came in from the hallway, as Donatello was walking by, in a partially finished exoskeleton. "And it's called Tortuga, if you don't mind."

"Whatever. It sounds like something you'd order at Taco Bell. I'll have one Tortuga please, and hold the olives."

"It means Turtle, potato-brains. Also, Tortuga is a Caribbean island that forms part of Haiti, off the northwest coast of Hispaniola."

"Enough." Splinter raised his hand and looked to Raphael. "Are you up to the challenge of facing the public? If you are not going to the event, the west tunnel was recently clogged by... debris. You could clean that instead."

@Nomad-22

Reactions: Gands
The gargoyle leapt back up the church wall, and quickly climbed to the top where he took off. He caught a strong thermal, and used that to climb high over Harlem. He kept an eye out for the other beings that sometimes occupied the skies. He had seen them from afar, but not been seen himself. At least he hoped so. If any of his bretheren had been spotted, nobody had paid them any mind.

In the distance, Brooklyn did see a figure spiraling toward him. It was a very familar silhouette. Gargoyle? And... female? Not one of Goliath's clan surely, but as she flew closer, the face looked almost human, not Gargoyle, but the eyes... The eyes looked nearly exactly like Goliath's.

opheliabattle_zpsbeugheyy.png

She landed on a nearby roof, and ducked behind a large piece of machinery. Brooklyn wasn't exactly sure what they did except make noise and spew air out of one side. It was obvious she'd seen him, and was waiting for him.

@Sir Kaltao

"Whatsammater, Nightwatcher? You scared of taking a day shi-uhgh!" Mikey's comment was cut off by a sharp rap across his middle by Splinter's cane.

"Exactly. The very people who need help the most need to see that you are not their enemy. Coincidentally, you will not be the only green complected hero in attendance."

Mikey rubbed his stomach but recovered in time to swoon. "Yeah. She-Hulk is going to be there! She's so beautiful, and green... and strong... and green..." He wrung his hands and stared upward. "Did you know she's like six foot six?"

Splinter shook his head. "Miss Walters donated significantly to this charity and will be in attendance, therefore, I feel, under the cover of your persona, this is safe venture into the public. You do not see that the world does not all hate our kind. There are museums and statues to other metahumans, and they are welcomed in countries like Latveria and Wakanda. If we wish to finally step out of the shadows, it will never happen if we do not take a first step. However..."

"If you wanna Bail, Donnie's working on some Iron Man kinda armor he wants to test out."

"It's not Iron Man! I am using cold fusion and solar power, not an Arc Reactor, also the relays are entirely different." A call came in from the hallway, as Donatello was walking by, in a partially finished exoskeleton. "And it's called Tortuga, if you don't mind."

"Whatever. It sounds like something you'd order at Taco Bell. I'll have one Tortuga please, and hold the olives."

"It means Turtle, potato-brains. Also, Tortuga is a Caribbean island that forms part of Haiti, off the northwest coast of Hispaniola."

"Enough." Splinter raised his hand and looked to Raphael. "Are you up to the challenge of facing the public? If you are not going to the event, the west tunnel was recently clogged by... debris. You could clean that instead."

@Nomad-22

Raphael rolled his eyes at Mikey's attempt at humor, but smiled when Splinter shut him up. He listen with arms crossed the chest their father went on to answer the question.

When it was done, Raph grunted in frustration when faced with the choice either get stuck with hero-worshipper Mikey in some stunt with the public or go clean the west tunnel. In the back of his mind, though the fierce ninja was kinda curious about interacting in public, but years of constant warfare with the Foot Clan and criminals had made him wary of strangers. Not to mention he had seen from the shadows of normal people treating each other like garage.

Sure it didn't always the case with examples like April O'Neal. He just had a hard time of letting go of that guard he always put up. Combat was his pride and passion, but Splinter had taught them all why they fight in the first place, to protect this city and its people. Maybe this will remind him why they do.

If noting else this should beat cleaning crap in the west tunnel.

With that thought concluded, Raphael sighed and looked Splinter dead in the eye and said.

"Okay Sensei I will go."

Then pointing a finger toward Mikey he added.

"Let's make one thing clear bro. Call me your sidekick up there in front of everyone and you're dead meat. Got it?"

Last edited:
Nessa O'Toole aka Emerald Dream

" Alright Rin, as long as you know where you are going and don't teleport us into a wall "

She smiled at the other woman.

" Before we go, maybe you could call this Colleen woman and have her meet us there ? It would save a lot of time right ? "

"Mister Cage, super outfits or not near your place "?

@Razilin @EVagesIL @Michale CS @mr_pibbs

" Alright Rin, as long as you know where you are going and don't teleport us into a wall "

She smiled at the other woman.

" Before we go, maybe you could call this Colleen woman and have her meet us there ? It would save a lot of time right ? "

"Mister Cage, super outfits or not near your place "?

@Razilin @EVagesIL @Michale CS @mr_pibbs

"Sure." Rin pulled out her cell phone and placed a call.

"Nǐ hǎo. Zhè shì Rin. Nǐ kěyǐ mǎshàng lái dào shǔyú Luke Cage de jiǔbā ma? Zhè yīdiǎn hěn zhòngyào. Xièxiè."

"All right, that's taken care of. Take my hand?" She reached for Nessa's hand, but waited for the confirmation about hero outfits.

@Razilin @EVagesIL @Gands @mr_pibbs

Azalia Ashburn

Manhattan Music Store

Having arrived twenty minutes before the doors opened Azalia was situated in a chair but, unlike most people about to do what she was about to do, things were different.... All around here were cameras but, like while on stage she couldn't see them... out of sight out of mind. Infront of her on the table were twelve numbers all mixed within a deck of cards. The very way she had set this up was a out pouring of the way she worked. The chaotic machination of her mind played very heavily into how this was going to work. As always, she strove for order out of the chaos.

"Azalia, If you need me to I-" Was all Cypher could say before Azalia shook her head "Its fine, I know the numbers and they shall stick with the numbers. Its not easy being blind and if they cant handle things being different for a woman who cant see... well, it is what it is." Azalia said in a rather stern voice. Despite her tone she was infact rather afraid. She was scared of everything that was about to happen. She normally had some set of eyes.. but, she couldn't risk a rabbit here or anything or the sort anywhere around these cameras.

Doors opening the paparazzi and a few lucky individuals made it inside before everything was overwhelmed with bodies. Cypher looks at all of them as he stood infront of the table Azalia sat at. "As you all know, Miss Ashburn is blind. So, it will-" Cypher was politely interrupted as Azalia took control of the situation. "What is being told to you, is that I can not see who is raising their hand to ask a question. Nor will I be able to hear everyone if everyone speaks over one another. Shuffling the deck of cards on the table Azalia did so while being entirely blind. People snapped picture of the event as she laid out the cards on the table almost like a mystic would read a fortune.

With everyone laid out the questions began to roll. Answer them as they came Azalia seemed to remain in control of the situation despite all the voices she was hearing. Processing them all and attempting to locate the individual within the crowd she managed to isolate a single speakers voice. "Miss! Miss!" A woman asked from the crowd. Oddly Azalia acknowledged the woman. It was at that moment that things began to slide drasticly from her control.

"There are reports that you aren't entirely human. Are you worried this may impact those fans that are against Meta-Humans." The words rang in Azalia's mind making alarm bells sound. Almost a U-Boat being trailed by a British destroy she let the alarm to dive flare into life. Exhaleing Azalia shook her head "Thats obsured." Azalia answered. The woman piped up again, this time the others in the room were quiet "You deny being a Meta-Human? We've reci-" Azalia put her hand up "Next-" Azalia tried to say but was interrupted once more by the woman pressing harder "Are you avoid the question Miss?"

At this Azalia took a deep breath "Avoiding? No, I am not avoiding a question. I am simply keeping a person who is harassing me from receiving what they seek." Azalia said her eyes suddenly snapping onto the individual in the crowd. Milky eyes stared intently, despite not seeing them she knew where they were... like a fucking bat. But, stabbing the question didn't silence the sudden change in topic. More and more individuals began to ask similar questions causing Azalia to begin to stress out significantly.

Noticing the woman getting rather frazzled by the fraying of her hair Cypher waved the reporters away "Thats enough." He said before one of the men with a camera got past the guard and snapped a picture of Azalia nearly in her face. Eyes flaring from the sudden light Azalia covered her eyes and groaned. Perhaps it was anger... or pure fear of herself but it didn't matter what had caused it... because it happened.

A sudden charge seemed to pass through the room like a wave of energy making the hair of everyone in the room stand up on the back of their necks. Lights began to flash as well as electrical signs. Within a second the room was black, the flashes on the cameras seemed disabled and even those recording seemed to be checking their cameras. Fists unclenching Azalia felt the energy in the air and the screaming at the edges of her mind. The buildings around her began to experience similar failures as Azalia's chaotic field spread causing malfunctions and serious problems with anything electronic within nearly a hundred feet.​

Last edited:
A sudden charge seemed to pass through the room like a wave of energy making the hair of everyone in the room stand up on the back of their necks. Lights began to flash as well as electrical signs. Within a second the room was black, the flashes on the cameras seemed disabled and even those recording seemed to be checking their cameras. Fists unclenching Azalia felt the energy in the air and the screaming at the edges of her mind. The buildings around her began to experience similar failures as Azalia's chaotic field spread causing malfunctions and serious problems with anything electronic within nearly a hundred feet.

(( OOC note - spell check! Manhattan paparazzi can be absurd. ))

"No need to panic, folks. Power fluctuations. We're on it."
Came from a middle aged man wearing a yellow Con Edison uniform.

And indeed, almost instantly, the chaos stopped as Azalia felt her fear drain away.

There was one more bright flash of light as the man tipped his yellow hard hat in the direction of Cypher with a slight wink. If he'd been paying attention, that hat hadn't been on the man's head before the disruption.

"Sorry to have interrupted. Carry on, folks."
The man then departed, whistling.

@Angelic Fusion

Luke Cage aka "Power Man"

"I guess it doesn't matter one way or another. Everybody near me knows about me, so sure go wild."

Luke turned to cap and said "Well I can guarantee that our ride will fit right in in traffic, and nobody will look twice when we ride." he walked back out to the curb and waived. An anonymous looking minivan taxi pulled up, and Luke waived the guys over. "Lets go guys." He shouted

"I think I'll let shield cover the bill on this one." he told cap as he got in.

@mr_pibbs @Razilin @Gands @Michale CS

In the distance, Brooklyn did see a figure spiraling toward him. It was a very familar silhouette. Gargoyle? And... female? Not one of Goliath's clan surely, but as she flew closer, the face looked almost human, not Gargoyle, but the eyes... The eyes looked nearly exactly like Goliath's.

She landed on a nearby roof, and ducked behind a large piece of machinery. Brooklyn wasn't exactly sure what they did except make noise and spew air out of one side. It was obvious she'd seen him, and was waiting for him.

@Sir Kaltao

Brooklyn had been looking for another good perch, when his keen eyes spied a familiar shape in the distance. At first thought, he figured it was Goliath from the intensity of those eyes. But the shape was all wrong and that made his eyes go wide. He folded his eyes ever slightly to descend and follow the figure's course down to a nearby roof.

This was a Gargoyle for certain. But not one he'd seen before. He hoped it was an answer to his clan's longing: the Gargoyle race was not gone.

Brooklyn landed on the other side of roof. He could hear exactly where she was, but didn't let on. If she wasn't presenting herself, there had to be a reason. Maybe she was just as surprised? His sense could only tell him so much. "No need to fea me lass. I'm jus as surprised as yerself to see another Gargoyle. Me clan, we just woke from a long sleep....." He sighed with relief "We feared we was the last clan. I know it might be strange to say I got a name, but I'm Brooklyn, and ya can call me friend if ya like." He paused and stood where he had landed, careful to choose his next words. Made more difficult by the fact his first instinct was still to speak the tongue he'd known all his life, even if he'd picked up modern English well.

"Ya look like our leader. Might ya hail from the same land? What's it they call it now?" He scratched his head. "Ssscotland? Wyvern? Any those ring a bell?"

@Michale CS

• Love
"Of course I know you, Brooklyn! Are the others here? Lex? Bronx?.... My father?" Ophelia closed in on him, smiling broadly.

"Don't you recognize me? Ophelia! Wait... Something is wrong... Tell me, do you know a human named Eliza?" She closed the rest of the distance between them, her smile fading.

@Sir Kaltao

"Superheroes it is then Mister Cage. "

Nessa took Rin's hand and gritted her teeth. She had been teleported before, it always felt like you left something behind in the trip.

Her intricate mind went over the details that she new so far. All of the women she saw in that shipping container looked of Asian descent to her. Specifically typical of Southern China. All of the Hand's guys that they fought were also Asian, again, mostly Chinese. Yet according to Cap, they were looking for one ~Woman of Interest~. It seemed very odd to her altogether. More interesting, none of the heroes were interviewing the other women ? She made the assumption that Shield was handling that.

@Michale CS @Razilin @EVagesIL @mr_pibbs

Upper Manhattan
Music store scene
Eden Haller aka Psyhawk

Psyhawk appeared at the store just as the Con Ed guy had everyone calmed down. She reviewed the crowd using her telepathic powers. One reporter stood out distinctly with a rather venomous angry mental pattern. Psyhawk, in her Eden Haller civilian clothing began following the ~supposed~ reporter. She went to a newish Toyota Camry, red and drove off. Eden did in fact get the license plate and reported it in. She went back into the store, catching the young singer with her manager before they exited.

" Pardon me folks" ( She handed her business card to the manager. ) " My name is Eden Haller, I'm a psychologist and a fan of your music. I'd like to offer my services. Specifically on ways to deal with hecklers without getting yourself at all out of sorts. I'll even offer the first visit free, if you don't like what you hear, you obviously don't have to continue." ( She acted like she was whispering to the manager, when in fact she was using her telepathy to send the message like it was whispered in his ear))"" Perhaps suggest a guide dog?"

@Angelic Fusion @Michale CS

"Superheroes it is then Mister Cage. "

Nessa took Rin's hand and gritted her teeth. She had been teleported before, it always felt like you left something behind in the trip.

They arrived in an alley just next to Luke's bar. Rin drew a quick kanji in the air and let it settle over Nessa. "Determination. I don't have dramamine powers but that'll enable you to ignore the effects of teleportation."

It wasn't long before they had arrived, and settled in at a table, waiting for the others to arrive.

@Gands @mr_pibbs @Razilin @EVagesIL

Tri-State Area:
The ad was on billboards, in radio spots and featured on public access channels.

One World Charities Presents
Logo_Square.jpg

Events include:
Pancake Breakfast
5k Fun Run
Food and Clothing Drive
Barbecue Picnic

Carnival Games

Guests Include:
The "Sensational" She Hulk, Jennifer Walters

"Mr. Fantastic" Dr. Reed Richards
James Rhodes, aka War Machine

Events Start at 9:30am and continue until Midnight
Gathering at the Sheep Meadow

sheep-meadow.jpg

Admission is Free, but food and clothing donations earn raffle tickets for prizes like:
Autographs from the Heroes
A "Date" with She-Hulk
A fly-over in a Quinjet of NYC
and more!

See you there!

X23BannerB.jpg

It's been in all the papers for a month and a half now. A charity event in the middle of Central Park. Put on by One World Charities. Most people, those of the cynical nature, would tell you it's just a ploy to make those of higher standing in society feel good about themselves. Like attending a single a year for charity makes them good people. But then on the other 364 days of the year the homeless and down on their luck are invisible to them. Out of sight, out of mind. But those in need see it as opportunity to perhaps get a little ahead. Or at least get a warm meal and an extra blanket…

The Night Before The Superhero Heart Run
In The General Area of East 74th Street, New York

"Yeah but ya didn' see the bodies… it was unholy… like somethin outta Freddy Krueger…"
"They was dealers and pimps… who cares."
"One of the pimps… his head was smashed in AND his hands was cut off…"
"Hey man… take it easy… not 'round the kid…"

The two men huddled around the trash barrel talk quietly amongst themselves in that dark alley. They are dressed as nothing more than vagabonds, their clothes dirty and torn. The two men names are Joseph Wedge and Andrew Biggs… they've been homeless for more than 6 years, and have come to rely upon one another on these streets. But they aren't alone in that alley. All told there's about 9 other people… the youngest 15(ish) and the oldest (Biggs) 59. And the 15(ish) year old is the one Joseph was alluding to. She sits against the cold brick wall, huddled under a blanket. She's relatively new to this particular alley, having only appeared about a month ago. Those inhabiting the alley, at first, tried to force her away. But they were unsuccessful, she seems to be able to take care of herself.

Joseph and Andrew look in the direction of the girl as her presence is mentioned, and then they go back to their shared bottle and talking amongst themselves. The girl's eyes are hidden under the blanket, the one she holds around her slim form. But she is watching the two men, listening to them intently. While Joseph might be intent on sparing the girl's ears from the gory details of the bodies found this passed night… he would never guess that she is the one that killed those 6 men. Eviscerated them, beheaded them, took off their limbs, broke their bones.

"That festival thing t'morrow, in the park… we gonna be able to get there?"
"I don't know, man. Last time I went ta somthin like that… I got beat up real bad by some kids that followed me… those things ain't safe…"
"For people like us? Biggs it's sposed to be FOR people like us…"
"Yeah I know, believe me. But people are dicks, man. Even when they mean well."

From the talk of the last few weeks, it's obvious those of this alley won't be going to charity event. Even though in all reality, what happened to Biggs has soured them on… well society as a whole. Like a rabbit that knows once it peeks it's head out of its hidey hole, it's going to get that head smashed by the farmer's shovel.

"Hey, Brook. You stay away from that place, too. Ya hear me? Take 'ol Biggs' advice… nothin but trouble when we try to show ourselves to the 'good' people of the city."

Joseph laughs lightly at that. "Amen, brother. Listen to 'em, Brook. He knows what he speaks of." The comments are directed towards the girl sitting near them, her jade green eyes watching them intently from under her blanket. Brook isn't her real name, of course. But when she first arrived… Andrew noticed she had what sounded like a Brooklyn accent… so they called her Brook. And she hasn't corrected them. In fact, she hasn't said a lot about herself… And she also knows there's really no such thing as a 'Bronx' accent… but she had to have an accent like a New Yorker, to make it seem like she has lived here her whole life…

Day Of The Superhero Heart Run
11AM

The girl had to make a few stops before she arrived 'Sheep Meadow' in Central Park. A place usually occupied by sunbathers (on appropriate days of course), but today it serves a very different function. It's rather crowded now, with people mingling and laughing… the smell of food filling the air. And she now mingles amongst the crowd, a wide smile on her lips. As if she actually belonged there.

Just by looking, you wouldn't be able to tell she was homeless at all. She has cleaned up, and wears a pair of blue shorts and a pink top with a rainbow unicorn on it. Her long and dark hair is tied into two braided pig tails, and she wears a pair of flip flops (the strap on one of them broken and held together with duct tape).

She walks slowly amongst the various food vendors and carnival games, watching for any 'heroes' that might suddenly emerge. She is confident no one would recognize who she really is… since literally only a handful of people knows who she really is. Her hands are folded behind her back as she walks, almost seeming to be walking in stride to a happy song in her head. But the only thing in her head right now is tactical plans for killing every single person she passes. And what the most efficient manner of doing so would be.

She stops at a barbeque stand, watching as others get a plate of food and moving on. She has to admit the food does look good. One of the burly men cooking notices her, and motions to her. "Hey, hey c'mere kid." She looks around to see who he's talking to, and she then steps up slowly, shyly, her head bowing down a little. "I've seen you pass here like 5 times now, kid. Where's your parents?" She looks up to the man, her tone having an obvious New York accent. "Pappa's at work, momma's still sick. I heard music an came ta lookit…" she says with a shrug of her shoulders, sounding very guilty. The man sighs, and he leans on the counter he stands behind. "Ma's sick, huh? That why ya came here by yaself?" She just nods a little, looking away from him. The man sighs again, and he pushes a plate of food towards her. "Here kid, on the house. B'fore ya leave, come back 'round and I'll make a plate for your ma an pa, okay?" She smiles suddenly, hands snapping out to take the plate. "Thank you so much, sir!"

Well that was easy.

She now walks amongst the crowds, munching on what she thinks is a pulled pork sandwich and spicy French fries. This is actually the first time she's had either. And as she walks, her green eyes are constantly scanning the crowd around her, she is constantly taking in the scents around her. Despite the smell of food in the air, it's easy for her to make out scents here.

During her time in captivity (or childhood as some would term it), she was trained to be an expert with infiltration… with blending in seamlessly in whatever environment she finds herself in. She's in New York… so she has chameleoned herself to be a New Yorker. She has a street address in mind where she would say she lives… her parents names in case anyone asks… what school she goes too… even what her favorite kind of music is. All to simply blend in.

The better you blend in, the easier it is to murder everyone in the area you're blending into.

They haunted him.

Every time he closed his eyes to rest, he would be confronted by the people of Stamford. All of their voices combined to form some kind of chorus. Blaming him for their deaths.

He hoped that when he found the person who had planted that bomb, these nightmares would stop plaguing his mind.

Unfortunately he didn't have enough connections to find the bomber. But he could think of a few that probably did. And several of those people lived in New York. Or at least operated there. He only hoped they would help him in his personal vendetta. Otherwise, he was going to be forced to use other methods.

He had only been to New York a few times in the past, before and after he became Speedball. And still it amazed him. The sights and diversity of people. But he had no time for being a tourist. He needed to find a way to get into contact with someone who could point him in the right direction of the bomber.

As Robbie walked down the sidewalk, carrying a duffle bag containing his Penance suit. He looked up at a billboard. It would seem that there was a charity event going on, with several superhero guests. At first he was going to continue on his path when a troubling thought came to mind. What if the bomber struck again? Killing more. There would surely be children attending the event.

He wasn't planning on adding more spikes to the suit.

Robbie made his way to where the charity was being held, stopping himself. He would need something to seem inconspicuous. Walking into a general store, he bought canned food and some clothes. He paid with the money he had taken from his savings. Didn't want to use a credit or debit card. And leave a trail to him.

After that was said and done. He walked to the place. Making his way to the area where people can make donations. Handing over the canned food and clothes. Satisfied with what he had done. He decided to hang around to the side of the charity event. He would make small chat with some people. He was keeping an eye out for anyone that seemed suspicious...

Azalia Ashburn
"For Once, I can be me."
Charity Event, Central Park "Sheep Meadow"

Funnel Cake, Funnel cake where are you. Azalia attempted to sniff out the scent of the fried dough but seemed to have trouble navigating the hordes of people. Cypher, attempting desperately to keep up with the thin woman seemed to be dealing with his own issues. Azalia could slide between people, where as Cypher would have to ask them to move. Finally just before running into a vendor the woman stopped. Looking around widely she stood motionless for several seconds. If she had ears like a cat, they would be moving like doplar radar dishes.

Taking in the noises and using them to find the line she managed to get close enough to seem like she belonged there. After a few minutes Cypher finally caught up to her after spotting her rather easily through the crowd. Azalia seemed to have a glow about despite being amongst so many people. Walking up beside her Cypher exhaled "How do you know where you are going. I need you to tell me." He asked perplexed. Running a hand through her hair Azalia smirked "Spoilers." She trailed off.

"Did you donate already?" Cypher asked her next. "Nope, I haven't figured out where that is. I kinda followed the smell of Funnel cake. That is step one. Step two hasn't formulated itself just yet." the woman said before stepping up and getting the funnel cake. "Now, the real question is... why am I here when I could be doing a million other things in a million other places with a million other people. Well, the answer is simple. Why not be here? I can blend in rather well, not deal with squealing from fans and just be a normal girl among people who are extensively talented in areas that I am not."

It was at that moment that she felt someone poke her in the side. Cypher, noticed the boy but didn't do a thing about it. Turning blindly she hadn't even known he or she or it was there. "Huh?" She asked before a voice spoke up "Miss, could you give me an autograph? I didn't know you were going to be here." He spoke excited yet in control of his emotions. Reeling she knew she shouldn't have said anything. Things tend to happens opposite to that which she normally wanted. "Can you see me miss? I know you are blind." He continued on.

Realizing he did know who she was and knew enough about her to know she happily knelt down to his level. He came into view after she squatted down alittle. "Yeah, I can do that for you. But... dont tell anyone else. I'd just like to be me today instead of a star." Azalia said as the boy smiled and nodded "Of course, I bet its annoying. I mean, not being able to go places often." He elaborated. Azalia shook her head "You would be surprised. It isn't nearly as bad as you might think. But, I very much do enjoy my days in public like this. It isn't Azalia the singer or guitarist. It is just Azalia Ashburn." Azalia finished before handing the shirt back to the boy.

Smiling he waved to her goodbye before making his way over to his family. Cypher caught the boys dad waving at them and smiled "Family is thankful. It doesn't look like they have much." Cypher said to Azalia. Standing back up Azalia took a breath "Yeah, well I know about not having much. I know about struggling and being unable to sustain ones self. I hope he does well." She said slightly less cheerful than she was moments before. Realizing he may have dulled her mood Cypher handed her the funnel cake again.

Taking it she began to shovel it into her mouth as if it was the only food she had ever eaten. "So many sounds Cypher. You would be amazed at what sound is capable over. To answer your question, you just need to figure out where you are and the distance between objects..... just think of Sonar but using Sound waves. Its hard and I can only do it because I was forced to learn to do it. That is how I can get around... but it needs to be crowded, close spaces or even better, metallic." Azalia said through a mouth of funnel cake. "So.... wanna play chess against me?" Azalia said turning her head slowly towards him.

An almost inhuman cheshire grin began to form on Azalia's face. Cypher shook his head "No, I wont let you beat me again. Why dont you do a tournament. There is likely something around here. Put your mind to use instead of constantly beating the same person over and over again." Cypher said before Azalia nodded "Yeah, I think I am going to try chess....."

Two Hours later Azalia sat at a table across from another individual. Staring blankly at them the woman purposefully didn't blink for nearly a minute. The unsettling presence she brought compared to the fact that she quite obviously couldn't see the board made it all the more ominous. Calling out peices and movements based on the table itself Azalia had beaten nearly sixteen others within the time frame with minimal peice losses on her part. "Check Mate." She said before the person even finished their move. The man at the other end of the table looked over the board before shaking his head "Congrats." he mumbled out to Azalia.

"This isn't nearly as interesting as I originally thought it was going to be." Azalia said as she began to play with her hair. "Have you given that womans offer some thought" Cypher suddenly asked Azalia. "Hmmm...? What woman?" Azalia asked dumbfounded. "Yesterday, after the power surge. I think you should take up some therapy sessions. Oh, and a seeing eye dog may be nice. Itll also give you something to toy with beside me." He commented. "I am going to get a Seeing eye CAT. I will also think about the therapy. I dont like talking to people about how I feel. It is best if that is left to oblivion." Azalia said in a rather stern voice, the most serious she had been the entire day.
@Gands @Camleen @Michale CS @The Wanderer

Last edited: