" How can I be of assistance to the legendary Captain America ? Might I suggest as I had to my friend, that talking here might not be the best idea ? "

She looks over at Rin to see how cooperative her new friend is likely to be.

"Ano... Sempai..." Rin tapped her forefingers together a few times and then gave him a quick salute. "...if you don't mind, we have the Port Authority on their way and my friend Emerald doesn't want to answer too many questions. Maybe we could talk at that restaurant you mentioned, Emerald?"

@Gands @Razilin

Rogers smirked. Strangely enoguh, of the situations the famed Captain America had been in, talking with two vigilantes in a restaurant in full uniform was actually something he had experience. Back then, he and the Avengers had just finished repelling an alien invasion and the shwarma joint was practically falling apart from structural damage. At least this time around, there wasn't six city blocks of devastation to deal with.

"By all means," he invited the two women. "Though I get the feeling that the locals may be a little perturbed by our visit." He raised a gloved hand. "And I didn't bring a change of clothes. But I do need to talk to both of you about the men you just stopped -- the Hand. They were supposed to have a person of interest among the women they'd captured. Its very important that we find her."

Nessa O'Toole aka Emerald Dream

She speaks quietly, and since Cap is in full regalia, she remains in her hero outfit too.

"Hmmnn, I can hack into the warehouse cameras and check, but I didn't see anyone walk out of that container. We were on those guys pretty quickly Cap."

With a successful use of hacking skill, this reveals that camera was specifically turned off and still is.

Of note, Emerald orders a large breakfast and eats as she talks and computes on a small laptop.

" Do we... know anything else about our person of interest Cap ?

@Razilin @Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
Rin's "costume" was more revealing than her regular clothes so she changed back to them out of modesty.

RinJapan1_zpsueykw6sg.jpg

"Yes, anything you can do to give us some clues would be helpful, Captain."

@Razilin @Gands

"Unfortunately, information on the subject is classified; even I'm kept in the dark," Rogers replied by way of apology. "However, my mission briefing did go over SHIELD's latest intel on the Hand."

As they talked, the trio settled in for a meal at the café, earning no small amount of gawking from the other clientele. Rogers wasn't entirely certain about the visibility and reputation of either Rin or Emerald Dream, but everyone in New York knew of the Avengers and especially Captain Steve Rogers. He was in the history books after all, much to Rogers' continued discomfiture.

Rogers tucked into a breakfast of ham, eggs, biscuits, bacon, and coffee as he brought the two women up to speed. "I'll be going over a lot of info just to be comprehensive. The Hand is a splinter group from the Foot Clan, a ninja organization. Originally a mercenary outfit, they've started expanding into human trafficking. They started in Japan and moved into Thailand and mainland China. Now they're trying to get a foothold in the US through New York. We believe they have a base here, though the exact location is unknown. I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I get the feeling we might have better luck tracking down SHIELD's person of interest if we track down the Hand's New York hideout. Maybe the local underworld would have a lead, though in my experience, their type tends to be hesitant with talking to a man in uniform...."

@Gands @Michale CS

Last edited by a moderator:

Nessa pulls out her tablet as she talks.

"First, referring to the hand as a splinter of the foot is going to be an excellent tool to make any hand guy really pissed off. The two groups from what I've been able to piece together are very much rivals. Recent events in Gotham somehow have caused the Foot clan, who had also been in New York to return to Asia. Hand people have started to take over what was Foot territory here.

Now, I've also been able to find out, Hand is working with local mob people. Oddly, from what I hear, the contact(s) between local crime lords and The Hand have been women. This is odd on both fronts.

In addition to that, mob movements in New York during the recent Gotham Meta riots, seem to give me the idea New York was tensing for something. My contacts think The Foot was up to it's neck in Gotham. Rumor has it they spoke to an ugly little bird just prior to those riots. I think we should find and talk to that bird."

During her talk and before, Nessa was eating a large breakfast, some sort of four egg omelet with lots of bread carbs and sugar. Hot tea with honey.

@Michale CS @Razilin

"Ano... Sempai Rogers... The Hand originated in the 11th century and they first came into contact with the Templar, and the Foot was a response to the British trading in Japan in the 1700s." Rin tapped her forefingers together. "History of such organizations is a hobby of mine and I hate to correct you but I must. Calling the Hand a splinter of the Foot is like calling the UK a splinter of the US... Respectfully, Captain."

Rin cleared her throat and continued. "The Hand is not like Cobra or Hydra. They don't congregate dressed in uniforms. They will be in youth centers, senior citizen centers, churches, homeless shelters... Doing good. They are by and large not evil as an organization, though many bad people are a part of it and yes, they have many assassins among them... They have survived nearly 1000 years, they didn't do that by hiding out like street gangs. Also, respectfully, Captain."

Rin was mortified at having to correct one of her heroes so strongly.

@Razilin @Gands

Rogers paused in his meal, taking in the extra information. "That's real concerning if the Hand was able to filter misinformation to SHIELD." Real concerning, he thought to himself. SHIELD's spy network is one of the best -- and the Hand's been able to lead them astray? I'm going to need to talk to Fury about this one....

Perhaps sensing the others' discomfort at correcting him, he smiled at them kindly. "I'm really glad I got a chance to talk to both of you, Rin, Emerald. A breach in SHIELD's intelligence like this? That's a big deal. Good thing you two are around to help me out. So, what's the best way to get find these guys?"

"I'm really glad I got a chance to talk to both of you, Rin, Emerald. A breach in SHIELD's intelligence like this? That's a big deal. Good thing you two are around to help me out. So, what's the best way to get find these guys?"

"I have an advantage in this area Captain." She gestured to her face. "I am of the proper ethnicity and speak the proper languages to gather information, but it will not be fast, if you want the information to be reliable." Rin shrugged and smiled.

"Normal intimidation tactics will not work with the Hand, and though it is scary even for me to work with them, I am willing to try to infiltrate at least on the fringes if it will save people." She concluded.

@Gands @Razilin

New York at Café La Esquina

Captain America and his guests will notice a young man with a military bearing and obvious haircut come into the Café. There is a brief shield salute as the young man presents a slim locked briefcase to Steve.

Former director Fury thought you might find these reports useful Sir !

(( Upon opening the slim briefcase there is a brief note ))

These reports not part of the general database, I found them need to know. That being said, since you are getting involved in this, they are pertinent. Fury.

There are a series of reports from an agent codenamed Psyhawk on the buildup in New York prior to the riots in Gotham.

{{ Feel free to read up in full detail the reports in the epic crossover New York, but I will pm the general details }}

@Michale CS @Razilin

• Bucket of Rainbows
Rin could hardly contain her excitement! A real SHIELD mission alongside Captain America! She'd been following his exploits (those that were public) ever since The Incident.

She steepled her hands and waited as Rogers read over the contents of the briefcase.

@Gands @Razilin

Rogers read the contents of the briefcase and then said to his two female compatriots, "Looks like the Hand has ties to the Kingpin through one of his lieutenants, Talia Al Ghul. I don't know much about this Al Ghul woman, but I know of the Kingpin. If Wilson Fisk has the Hand as allies, then New York's got a big problem. Another local crime lord, Cottonmouth, was also recently seen with help from the Hand at his nightclub. Maybe these are leads we can look into?"

Nessa looked thoughtfully at Rin while she closes her tablet.

" I've heard of him, he runs a club in the center of Harlem. I'm not sure how much he'll tell us Cap, but I've heard of a guy who could maybe tell us more about him. We should look for a guy called Luke Cage. A very well liked and respected man of the streets. "

Nessa finishes her own huge breakfast and is now drinking her fourth cup of coffee.

@Razilin @Michale CS @EVagesIL

Rin's breakfast was simply... Gone though no one seemed to much notice it go.

"Ano... I could talk to a friend of mine as well, Colleen Wing. She has strong ties to the locals, and runs a dojo." Rin suggested.

Rin looked at the others. "It seems we all have our own leads to follow, hai?"

@Razilin @Gands

Rogers nodded at both women. "Looking into both Luke Cage and Colleen Wing seem to be the best move. But in my experience, splitting up tends to get the whole group in trouble. I think both of your contacts will have information to help piece this puzzle together. Do you think all three of us can visit Cage and then Wing?"

Nessa O'Toole aka Emerald Dream.

"I've never met Power Man, but all the word on the street is very positive. He is strong and bulletproof. I have a decent idea where he can be found. That being said, bear in mind, there are a couple of ways to approach finding him. We can parade around Harlem with Captain America until Mr Cage finds us. Or, we can leave word more discretely and hope he finds us quickly. I dont know how much he will know about the Hand, but he will know alot about Cottonmouth. "

Nessa hoped to herself that Mister Cage didnt adapt any attitude about them looking him up

@EVagesIL @Michale CS @Razilin

"Ano... Maybe if you weren't in your uniform, Captain? Then we could be discreet?" Rin suggested.

She really hoped he took her advice because explaining the racial issue might be awkward.

@EVagesIL @Gands @Razilin

Rogers tugged at his chestplate. "I...didn't exactly bring a change of clothes," he admitted abashedly. "Think you two might be able to do a Wal-Mart run for me? We can meet up at the warehouse and then find Colleen Wing. Meanwhile, we can also get some discreet inquiries out to Luke Cage, since that seems to be the less obtrusive way of getting a hold of him."

• Thank You
Rogers tugged at his chestplate. "I...didn't exactly bring a change of clothes," he admitted abashedly. "Think you two might be able to do a Wal-Mart run for me? We can meet up at the warehouse and then find Colleen Wing. Meanwhile, we can also get some discreet inquiries out to Luke Cage, since that seems to be the less obtrusive way of getting a hold of him."
"Easily done, Captain!" She gave Rogers a salute then looked over to Nessa.

@Razilin @Gands @EVagesIL

-- The Daily Bugle, Manhattan --

An hour ago

peter_parker_by_herbomanic12-db7f8fp.png

The phrase 'the city that never sleeps' has always been seen as more of a general statement then an expression used to describe the frantic lifestyles of those who live in New York, but tonight of all nights made it seem truer than ever. Especially for the employees at the Daily Bugle. The tired reporters and investigative journalists had been working non-stop for almost the entire day now trying to catch up on what seemed like the billionth story they had received concerning the criminal group known as 'the Hand'. As rumour would have it, the splinter group had begun setting up shop in the Big Apple. On top of that, there were unconfirmed reports of giant mutant frogs practicing kung-fu in the sewers or something along those lines. Or were they ninja turtles? Well according to an artists rendering the Bugle had received, the true answer was still up for debate. What made things even stranger was the idea that these supposed 'heroes in a half-shell' were single-handedly taking the fight to the Hand-- and they were winning!

But as ridiculous as that might've sounded to most, in a world where meta-humans are popping up like flies all across the planet, the idea of four mutated turtles practicing ninjutsu in the sewers of New York City wasn't all that far-fetched.

As the workers continued to rush about, hurrying from their computers to the office printer, which had jammed numerous times in the past couple of minutes thanks to its age. The only thing J. Jonah Jameson was willing to upgrade at the Bugle were the computers, and even then he only did that every couple of years. Most of, if not all of, the technology at the Bugle came from the year 2003 and the floors of the office were practically coated in wires, connecting various whozits to an assortment of whatevers.

Sitting in the midst of the chaos, awkwardly perched on the most uncomfortable wooden stools ever designed by man, were Peter Parker and Eddie Brock. Back when Parker applied for a freelance internship at the Bugle last year, Jameson had paired him up with Brock (a recently designated 'senior' journalist at the time) so the two could function as a team. Eddie wrote the articles, did the interviews, and chased the stories wherever he could find them, whereas Peter... Took photographs. Thankfully though, most of the work Jameson gave Eddie and Peter correlated to the various superhero goings-on in New York, which not only kept Peter in the loop about what was going on crime-wise, but also allowed him the chance to capture Jameson's favourite type of photo; ones that had Spider-Man in them.

Thankfully the school year had concluded for the summer, so Peter was able to devote whatever time he wasn't out as Spider-Man or trying (and mostly failing) to have a social life to working at the Bugle. The flexible hours really helped, but that didn't mean he was overly excited whenever he got the call late at night to come in and meet with J.J. But at least Eddie was cool enough to bring donuts for the office, so that was kind of a plus. Eddie had taken a bit of an older-brother attitude towards Peter and often teased him about small things, but Peter knew he wasn't trying to be mean. Occasionally though they butted heads, but again; it made them seem like brothers.

Just as Peter went to take a bite out of a jelly-filled doughnut he had been eyeing up ever since Eddie arrived with the box, the door to J.J's office opened and out stepped Betty Brant, Mr. Jameson's personal assistant. As she opened the door, both men could hear the frantic shouting of their boss.

"IF THEY'RE NOT HERE YET, TELL THEM TO MOVE IT OR ELSE THEY'RE FIRED!"

Smiling sheepishly at the two men sitting beside the door as she closed it, Betty shrugged her shoulders and kindly spoke in her usual soft tone. "Hi Pete, Eddie."

"Hey Miss Brant" said Peter, lifting his right hand as if to say 'hello'.

"Hey Betty." said Eddie, nodding at her. "J.J seems to be in a good mood today."

Betty chuckled a little at Eddie's comments and shook her head with a sigh. The three of them knew just how little patience their boss had, so their small-talk would have to wait until after Jameson finished blowing up (like that would ever happen). Standing up, Eddie tapped Peter on the shoulder with the back of his hand and walked towards the door Betty had just exited through. Peter followed him, quickly setting down his doughnut on the stool, using a napkin as a plate of sorts so it wouldn't get dirty.

As the two of them entered Jameson's office, they saw Robbie Robertson, the senior editor for the Bugle, standing at the far end of the room by the window. He offered both men a quick nod, knowing the time for words would come later. Almost as soon as they walked in, the man himself, J. Jonah Jameson spoke up.

"Took you long enough! Where the hell've you two been?" shouted Jameson, pointing aggressively towards the two vacant chairs in front of his desk. As Peter and Eddie went to take a seat, Jameson continued his rant. "Doesn't matter, here's all you need to know; port authority's currently headed to a warehouse on the docks, apparently there was a massive Hand-related scuffle earlier this evening. Captain Stacey's trying to keep a lid on the whole thing so the public doesn't go nuts, but we've got to get in there before the cops clear out the whole thing! I'll send you the address, now GET. GOING]/b]!"

-- Somewhere between Harlem and Hell's Kitchen, New York --

Present Time

spider_man_civil_war_suit_by_mattiaruffo-d9zccw3.png

The warehouse was a complete and utter dead-end. Despite what Jameson said about the ties to the Hand, by the time Peter and Eddie arrived, the cops had already surrounded the place and although he couldn't lay an exact finger on it, Peter could've sworn he saw some undercover S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel working to prevent any further investigation from outside sources. Once they figured out the trail was luke-warm at best, Eddie told Peter to go home while he reported back to Jameson.

Fat chance, Eddie.

Although any signs of tracking the Hand had disappeared for Peter Parker, perhaps something would turn up for Spider-Man. He didn't have much to go off of apart from the warehouse, but he knew somebody who might be able to shine a little more light on the Hand; Daredevil. Although the two heroes didn't exactly cross paths on a regular basis, Spidey and Daredevil had shared quite the team-up a couple years back after Peter tried running an expose on the legendary "Kingpin of Crime" for the Bugle. He was still pretty young and stupid back then and despite the amount of evidence stacked up against Fisk, Peter didn't quite understand why the cops had not made a move on taking him down.

After sneaking into Fisk's apartment, Spider-Man kicked off his career of 'unfortunate ass-kickings at the hands of Parker Luck', as almost immediately, he was cornered by Fisk's goon, Electro, knocked unconscious, de-masked (thankfully though nobody knew who he was), and thrown out a window while landing head-first into a dumpster. After a bit of a recovery period, he found himself getting contacted by Daredevil, who thought he was trying to disturb a current investigation that the vigilante was running. After a brief quarrel, Spider-Man and Daredevil wound up teaming up to help track Fisk and dish out some good'ol fashioned justice.

But seeing as how Daredevil got his training from an organization similar to the Hand, Spidey guess that the guardian of Hell's Kitchen would have a few more leads on the criminals then he would.

However, as he swung towards DD's usual hangout, Spidey saw something that caught him completely off-guard; Captain America, uniform and all... At a diner? What made things more interesting was the fact that the good Captain was hanging out with two randoms. Deciding to put his Avengers credentials to good use, Spider-Man swung over to the roof of the diner and quickly stuck to the windows, crawling around so only his head was viewable from the table the others were sitting at. Trying not to attract too much attention to himself (seeing as how Steve was already doing enough of that for the both of them), Spidey gently knocked against the window and offered the group inside a casual wave. Knowing they couldn't hear him through the window, Spidey pointed to the door, indicating they come outside to talk properly without too many prying eyes.