Mike Matthews/ Mon-El

Mike was happy that the monster wasn't harming Molly and he looked over at it. Was the thing attempting to laugh or had a frog gotten caught in its throat? Mike wasn't certain, so he was quiet. " Hawaii, that's one of the 50 states, even I know that. " He eyed the monster and got defensive, but calmed down when he handed Molly jerky. He seemed good. He wasn't going to mention they were most likely the powerful beings that Meter had picked up. Though, he wasn't sure what Meter was, or what it wanted. He looked over at Stitch. "I'm Mike Matthews."

@Camleen @Gands

MollyBanner001.jpg

Molly looks over her shoulder towards Mike when he brags about knowing what Hawaii is. Well duh… everyone knows what Hawaii is. It's near Alaska.

Or something.

Molly still holds the little blue thing up in front of her, staring at it oddly. It's cute, in an ugly monster way. But as he starts describing his circumstance, Molly sets him in the grass between her feet. She leans up a little to get a better look at his backpack… a Snow White backpack? That's so 1990… guh.. but then what can you ex-FOOD!

Her eyes widen when the jerky is presented, and she snags it out of his little hand, smiling brightly. "Yah! Terry-ocki!" It's a sad day when Stitch's English skills eclipse Molly's. And as Stitch speaks, Molly looks towards the sky. He said Skrull… she speaks as she still stares skywards. "Mac'n Starr're the best band. Dazzler's reeeeeeeeeally close though." She then looks back to Stitch, smiling to him. "Me'n him're a team." She says as she motions over her shoulder to Mike. "I'm Molly! Yer meter thingy's right, there's way powerful peoples here. Me mostly." She says in a bragging tone. Her eyes widen as she remembers something, and she leans towards Stitch, speaking in a softer tone… a more concerned tone.

"Hey... you was on a Skrull ship… was Xavin there? Do ya know Xavin?"

Mike wouldn't know the name Xavin, it's something she's never spoken to any of them about. They wouldn't even know that she knows what Skrulls are, or why she seems so comfortable with this alien alien sitting right here in front of her.

• Love
Reactions: Gands
Stitch

It hops up and walks over towards Mike and sniffs him. It seems to take stock of something in it's head and walks back to Molly, having already sniffed her..it does not do so again.

" No Xavin's, No important Skrull on ship. What team do Maahhlee ? Aliens okay on team Maahhlee ?"

As he says that last bit while eyeing Mike with what seems to be a grin.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

See this now, see it well.

A chase that has pervaded the subconscious of those sensitive to the skein of fate. Woven like a spider, more tenacious than a horse hair from which the Doom of Damocles hangs. Though the players have changed and reality is warped, the essential nature of the chase is the same. There was a group of warriors known as the Gunslingers. Destroyed not from enemies outside, but from the malignance within. One by one, falling to their shared foe and his monsters. In the blinding, white expanse of the Mojave Desert there is a figure running. His breath resembles a ragged rabbit, on its last heels. Or perhaps its that of a fox, wily and preparing to turn the tables on its captor. It could be both, you could reckon. But though the faces change, the statement holds true. And that, across the worlds is this.

L9jj0vm.jpg

It had been weeks since he had left Hercules behind. His guidance and that of Wong had brought him to the point his foe was within his grasp. But though his body was inhuman, it was mortal like any other. Prone to hunger, thirst...The thirst in particular. He sipped the flask of water, wrenching out the last and tossed it over his shoulder. Dead weight now. Had he more confidence in his magecraft, he might have opened a portal to the Nevernever. But time measured differently there and to use it was to alert his enemy further.

To say nothing of what else might be around yet.

So he slept that night, dreaming of the nights in Gil-Elad and his friend, the man he called brother.

And when he woke, he knew his prey had fled that night, rather than rest as he did. No matter.

And so, via small adventures, hitchhiking and more- The Gunslinger found himself in National City...An oddity by any standards.

@Gands @Michale CS

National city

Nessa O'Toole Aka Emerald Dream

It had been a few days since She and Rin got involved with the Lantern's in New York. Rin had been rather acutely affected at the time. So, in the process of recovery, the two decided on a whim to travel to California. They binged a bit on some of Nessa's usually unused savings vault to schedule a trip to National City to enjoy some winter sunshine.

Nessa, a gifted daughter of Oghma had among several gifts, the generation of personal luck. Sometimes lucky for her, sometimes for those around her. Nessa was driving the fancy rental car while Rin was sleeping, heading to their beach side rental house early in the morning, before the gray light of pre-dawn.

She had to stop suddenly when someone appeared in front of her car, stepping off the Curb. She managed to stop without hurting the old man but the Motorcycle behind her wasn't so lucky.

upload_2017-11-18_1-54-3.png

When the Gunslinger got off his Motorbike to inspect the damage, he caught a glimpse of the face of the old man who stepped off the curb, who grinned and winked before disappearing into the darkess as Nessa approached.

" Are you Okay ? "

upload_2017-11-18_2-2-17.png

There was something about her that caught his eye and something about him that caught hers.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

He should have gotten a horse.

Curse the laws of this world preventing him. Motorcycles were fine and all, but you couldn't eat them if you could no longer ride. And with this little accident, he'd need to push off the road and he ignored the woman to do so first. Wouldn't do to draw more attention than what he had wrought. Now once done, he could analyze what just happened. So in silence, he considered.

That was no accident first of all. Intervention like that could have only been a god or magic. Perhaps a fae, but he doubted it- The Bane was in full effect and he chose this older vehicle for its iron properties as much as its bartered price. Their trickery would have slid off like water from a duck. Second, was the sense- There was strange magic present, but nothing quite like he faced before. Nothing, unless....

Hercules.

He narrowed his eyes and presented for a moment in his posture, that of a person debating whether or not to go for his gun. Finally, he huffed out and reached into his pocket. Two gold coins were produced which he held out as he said gruffly.

"For your damages. May you remember the face of your father."

As much test as repayment, he looked her in the eye, red orbs almost glaring back into her own.

@Gands @Michale CS

National City
Nessa O'Toole aka Emerald Dream

Without catching his appearance at first, she surveyed the damage.

" It seems minor enough I think. I thank you for your offer good sir."

As he mentions her father, she turns quickly to search out the old man, who is already gone. She turns back to him, finally noticing his eyes. He might catch an ancient design tattoo on her thigh, barely visible. She takes the coins.

"Somehow I don't think normal auto insurance will be necessary. Your eyes sir, have caught my attention. Further I believe this situation may have been... manufactured. My friend and I are a long way from home and heading in to rest. Can I offer you hospitality ? "

"I am called Nessa O'Toole by some."

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

National City

Without catching his appearance at first, she surveyed the damage.

" It seems minor enough I think. I thank you for your offer good sir."

As he mentions her father, she turns quickly to search out the old man, who is already gone. She turns back to him, finally noticing his eyes. He might catch an ancient design tattoo on her thigh, barely visible. She takes the coins.

"Somehow I don't think normal auto insurance will be necessary. Your eyes sir, have caught my attention. Further I believe this situation may have been... manufactured. My friend and I are a long way from home and heading in to rest. Can I offer you hospitality ? "

"I am called Nessa O'Toole by some."

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

He considers. His hand drops from hers, the coins passed on. Beneath the brim of his hat, he considers her carefully before he speaks. She needs a name? He knows one that might work. And though its owner is long since dead, he thinks he wouldn't begrudge him using it.

"Call me Roland."

Roland. Gunslinger. Hunter.

Lucifer had a habit of keeping his name a secret, only sharing to close friends and those were few now. Names were shackles, chaining you to certain spells. And considering his run-ins with sorcery and the fae, it was little surprise he took such precautions.

He then inclined his head and glanced towards his bike.

"Is it close?"

@Michale CS @Gands

Nessa O'Toole
aka Emerald Dream

For that briefest of moments, her intellect measured what luck had brought her. His clothes worn, his manner antique at best. His eyes designated him as not entirely human, or tame. He is cautious, he is a hunter or hunted or both. He is favored by her father, now recognized. He needs help and she & her mate Rin, need purpose.

Perhaps he might catch a fleeting glimpse of intellect in her eye, that brief moment of her decision.

" It isn't far, a house rented for several weeks. Follow us if you'd like"

She smiled, her manner welcoming.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

Nessa O'Toole
aka Emerald Dream

For that briefest of moments, her intellect measured what luck had brought her. His clothes worn, his manner antique at best. His eyes designated him as not entirely human, or tame. He is cautious, he is a hunter or hunted or both. He is favored by her father, now recognized. He needs help and she & her mate Rin, need purpose.

Perhaps he might catch a fleeting glimpse of intellect in her eye, that brief moment of her decision.

" It isn't far, a house rented for several weeks. Follow us if you'd like"

She smiled, her manner welcoming.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

He followed after on his bike.

National City...Since his cross-country chase after the Man in Black, he had made it a point to become familiar with this world. The mythology had changed. From heroes such as Cu Chulainn to Hercules now came figures such as Superman or Captain America. Outlandish, strange- But even here, the Old Ways thrived. Magical practioners of all sorts, serving the Beam in their myriad ways from Strange to Fate.

It was difficult not to get involved along the way and in his own, small way? Baskerville and Sammael's bites had helped.

Even in an advanced world, still in its heyday the chase was the same. Monsters still lurked and needed to be hunted.

In silence, once they reached her place he parked and followed. Looking carefully around for signs of protection.

"What are you?" He finally asked. A loaded question.

@Gands @Michale CS

Nessa O'Toole
aka Emerald Dream

Arrived at the summer rental house, rented for several weeks off season. A nice quiet neighborhood, close to the beach with a view of the sea.

She turned to him as he asked the loaded question, tilting her head.

"Some would call me Hero, some instead say pain in the ass... An unusual fellow calls me daughter, a rich woman calls me daughter in the Emerald northwest. "

" I would ask you the same, luck has acted to place us together. A force that runs strong in my father's family. You seem.... in need ? "

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

Nessa O'Toole
aka Emerald Dream

Arrived at the summer rental house, rented for several weeks off season. A nice quiet neighborhood, close to the beach with a view of the sea.

She turned to him as he asked the loaded question, tilting her head.

"Some would call me Hero, some instead say pain in the ass... An unusual fellow calls me daughter, a rich woman calls me daughter in the Emerald northwest. "

" I would ask you the same, luck has acted to place us together. A force that runs strong in my father's family. You seem.... in need ? "

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

He considered his own answer for a moment, the wordplay bringing back memories. Not all of them good. And in a rolling, quiet baritone he spoke.

"I'm a gunslinger and the last. I am the outsider, looking in. I have no name. I have no purpose, save the Hunt. I bear the weight of Gil-Elad wherever I go. I have forgotten the face of my father and shunned by all...Mostly." He amended before he added.

"I hunt monsters. I seek one in this city. Plague and violence follow him wherever he goes. Its why I'm here."

@Gands @Michale CS

Nessa O'Toole
Aka Emerald Dream

A smile grew on her face.
"The world has no shortage of monsters. I have hunted human monsters but not ancient ones. My father is Oghma of the Tuatha. I will trust the luck that brought us together Roland. My mate is in the car, asleep. She too has... gifts that will be useful. Could you help me with our bags ? I will carry her inside. "

The beach house was a low level luxury affair, stocked with food and furniture celebrating the ocean. The other woman was of mixed race, not large in stature. Neither was Nessa large, but quite fit and strong enough to carry the other woman with no apparent effort. She carried Rin to a large Bedroom, making her mate comfortable before finding a bedroom for Roland.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

Mike Matthews/ Mon-El

Mike noticed that Stitch was sniffing him and he wasn't sure what to make of it. Did he know him or was it just to recognize his scent? He wasn't certain either way and that unnerved him greatly."

Mike arched an eyebrow and wasn't sure what the word was that Stitch was. He wished he understood it.

Mike awkwardly looked at his feet, not sure what to say for once in his life.

The beach house was a low level luxury affair, stocked with food and furniture celebrating the ocean. The other woman was of mixed race, not large in stature. Neither was Nessa large, but quite fit and strong enough to carry the other woman with no apparent effort. She carried Rin to a large Bedroom, making her mate comfortable before finding a bedroom for Roland.

"Nani? Koko wa doko? Doko?" Rin woke up shortly after that. "Oooiii, Koibito, Dare ga watashitachi no ie ni imasu ka?" Nessa had been living with Rin long enough and was smart enough to pick up conversational Japanese at this point - well enough to know that Rin was disoriented and wanted to know who else was in their house. She didn't leave the bed however, calling out from there.

@Gands @Ringmaster

A smile grew on her face.
"The world has no shortage of monsters. I have hunted human monsters but not ancient ones. My father is Oghma of the Tuatha. I will trust the luck that brought us together Roland. My mate is in the car, asleep. She too has... gifts that will be useful. Could you help me with our bags ? I will carry her inside. "

"Nani? Koko wa doko? Doko?" Rin woke up shortly after that. "Oooiii, Koibito, Dare ga watashitachi no ie ni imasu ka?" Nessa had been living with Rin long enough and was smart enough to pick up conversational Japanese at this point - well enough to know that Rin was disoriented and wanted to know who else was in their house. She didn't leave the bed however, calling out from there.

He ended up carrying the bags with one arm. Though he was sure she wouldn't break the law of hospitality? He learned it was better to be cautious, and it left one hand free to go for his gun.

Inside, the strange language was bypassed in favor of evaluating the place around him. Another pre-fab. Rental, not permanent. Treshold wasn't nearly strong enough for that.

He grunted and placed the bags to the side, before taking a seat as he removed his sole luggage to the side by his chair.

@Gands @Michale CS

National City

Nessa had been busy putting things away and making sure Roland knew where his own room was. She was nearby when Rin was waking up and walked over to her, brushing her cheek gently with a hand.

{ In Japanese } " it is alright Rin, he is called Roland. I think he will need our help. Luck brought him too us. He hunts evil."

Nessa had been traveling for quite a while, maybe 20 hours. So it was time for some rest. She mostly disrobed and climbed into bed, spooning behind Rin.

{ in Japanese } I need some sleep sweetheart. You can go talk to him when you feel up to it. He is a bit cautious."

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

" it is alright Rin, he is called Roland. I think he will need our help. Luck brought him too us. He hunts evil."
"Kare wa poppuna taruto no yōna aji ga suru." Which was, literally translated he tastes like a Pop Tart®. Given how well Nessa knew what emotions 'tasted' like what to Rin, it meant that he was giving off grain and probably cherry - Loyalty and Curiosity. Rin often just spoke Japanese when they were alone together, especially when she was sleepy.

"I need some sleep sweetheart. You can go talk to him when you feel up to it. He is a bit cautious."
"Watashi wa okiyou to shite imashitaga, ima watashi wa beddo ni todomaru riyū ga arimasu." She snuggled in, having told Nessa that she was going to get up but now had no reason to.

She nodded back off, putting the new man's feelings aside as best they could, as the grapefruit taste of trepidation mixed with the previous tastes faded away upon direct physical contact with Nessa, settling into the marzipan and creme of her love.

In the morning, however, she was up, and working on breakfast at a frighteningly early hour, compared to the time Nessa came to bed, making Takoyaki, very fluffy, Nutella-filled pancakes, with scrambled eggs and bacon, and coffee - just to make sure smells were enough to wake the deepest of sleepers.

Blog-posts-1x1-2.jpg

@Gands @Ringmaster

Last edited:

Aim with the eye.

Shoot with the mind.

Kill with the heart.

He slept little, if any these days indoors. Far more used to the stars, the fumes and enclosed areas of the city was jarring after crossing the desert. The sensation of heat, the smell of bodies and the ever-present heartbeat in his subconscious was....Troubling. Yet another bitter reminder that he was an outsider from the people he protected. He never tried to find out more- He wasn't sure if he wanted to. No, in the end? He would entrust himself to the upbringing he had gained and the barrel-shooters on his belt.

Anything else would be discarded, as they should be. In the living room, deep in meditation he waited. Quiet and silent in his dreamy-state though within reach of his loaded guns. Not even the smell of food stirred him, good as it was. Not till a few minutes later when he returned from his inner conflict and rose to his feet, lithe and silent before saying quietly.

"Good morning."

@Michale CS @Gands

National City

Nessa O'Toole aka Emerald Dream.

What sleep she did get was remarkably deep. But it wasn't much. Her body seemed to crave Rin now for some reason.

She accidently slipped on one of Rin's t-shirts instead of her own and slipped on one of those tight semi yoga pant outfits Rin got for her and went into the kitchen.

" Ugh, good morning I suppose. Is there coffee Rin ? "

@Ringmaster @Michale CS