• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
For a moment, a very brief moment, Charlotte paused and didn't move from the spot she was rooted to. She watched with that glazed look behind her eyes as he seemed to revel in the fact they'd created a life together-- something she still refused to believe he'd done accidentally. She still felt used, and even though the flurry of movements made her unconsciously smile, she finally jerked into action by shoving him away from her body again.

"Do not touch me. Don't kiss me, don't come near me, don't... don't talk to me. I regret even talking to you. I'd have preferred death, s-so... so leave me a-alone. I need to get fruit back to my friends and then we're... we're going home. Somehow, in some way, I'm going home."

"....You are home, Charlotte. Why are you refusing to believe that?....And why are you so mean to me? You...You said you'd come back to me. Why are you so angry now?" He asked, arching a brow, unable to understand why she was so angry with him. Taking her hands, he moved to kiss her knuckles happily. "We are bound to one another now. See? Your Life Stone is the same color as mine, we are family now. So you can't leave me behind."

Giving her hands a squeeze, he smiled softly at her. "...Tell me how I can make it up to you. I don't want you angry with me anymore. We are a family now."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"I don't-- I-- This is not my home. T-This is NOT my home! A-Are you so stupid that you don't see what you've d-done to me? I'm hideous. I... I can never be normal. My parents won't even get to see me again, I'll be locked up i-in some horrid labratory because... I-I'm like this. You-- You don't understand that you've ruined my life, that I hate you for that and-- and if it wasn't for this baby, I'd have killed myself by now. Death is better th-than living as a-- a monster. That's what they'll call me, if the humans back home see me. They'll call me a monster, I won't-- ever get to l-live my life again."

That realisation easily made her tear up once more, her eyes, already red raw from sobbing, now dripping out those glossy, full tears, releasing them down her cheeks like rainfall. The fact she silently cried was even more heartbreaking than if she openly sobbed.

"I just w-want to go home, that's... not hard to u-understand. I don't want to be a-anywhere near you. You're e-evil! You're a murderer, a-an evil abuser w-who I... I w-want nothing to do with."

He stared at her, completely shocked. He didn't understand what was wrong with her. When she left, she was happy. She said that she adored being with him and that he was beautiful. Now she was calling him all these horrid names. "...You can't go back to Earth. You'd die there, just from the smell of humans. And you want our child to live a life like that? Kept in a lab, being tested on? Fine, you can have that life, but not while my child is in you. You...You can leave, and just abandon us." He hissed angrily, crossing his arms.

"You told me you were happy with me, you...You shouldn't have led me on, then none of this would have happened. You should have been clear about what you wanted from me."

Immediately, a humourless laugh escaped her at his comments, and while she forced her hands away and struggled to collect the fruit she'd dropped to the floor, she stayed where she was just to glare fiercely at him.

"How dare you," she snapped, that smile she wore in derision evaporating the moment she gathered up all the fruit from the trees and the ground. "I led you on? I can't fucking remember a-anything, but I sure as hell know I wanted to leave and you continued to force me to stay. Right? I wanted to go and you convinced me to stay. That sure sounds like me leading you on, not."

"
And yes, I'd rather live in a lab than be anywhere... near you. And this isn't our baby. If you think you're getting your disgusting hands on her, you're mistaken. Over my dead body are you coming near us. After what you've done to me, m-making me a monster, the least I deserve is... is my daughter to myself. Go grab yourself another human in a few decades time, charm her, manipulate her and get her pregnant instead."

"Do you think she could...Could live out there?! She's a baby Charlotte! She couldn't survive on a spacecraft, it would be difficult for her! You'll end up killing her. And to have her live on a planet that would see her as a monster, hell her own mother sees herself as a monster. What makes you think you have a right to raise our daughter? And away from me at that? You aren't leaving with her. If she goes to Earth or whatever you call it, she would live a miserable life in some lab. Here, she'll be royalty."

Grabbing Charlotte's wrist harshly, he glared at her. "I honestly can't believe what you're saying to me right now...I thought you were different from those humans, and that you loved me too, but obviously, I was mistaken. You humans lie, and deceive." He grumbled, pulling her to walk. "Let's go."

"Royalty on a horrible planet with horrible aliens? Right, that sounds like fun. Her father's a horrid man who effectively used her mother to get what he wanted. I think she'll grow up disgusted by that, you're hardly a role model-- I didn't want this. What part of you doesn't understand how... how horrid you are?!" She snapped as she angrily attempted to pull her hand away, and when that didn't work, she grabbed hold of the large tree nearby to prevent herself from being dragged along further. She wasn't going to just walk away from him, have their child and then just leave her alone.

She may not have asked for any of this, and carrying the girl may have... changed her, but she wasn't going to turn her back on her and leave her alone with Zyrt. She was a part of her, and frankly, this whole experience made her want to protect the girl more. Charlotte had lost her family now. Her parents were never going to see her again, even if she got back to Earth. Her whole life as she knew it was over-- but she would always have her daughter. She wasn't letting Zyrt just take her from her. She was owed someone to share her life with.

"S-Stop touching me, you're invading m-my space. I'll scream. I'll... I'll yell a-and scream and-- and I'm not moving s-so fuck off!"

He laughed at that. "Go ahead and scream. I own this planet. And your human friends don't give a damn about you. They wouldn't risk their lives to come help a monster. Like you said, you're a monster. And you never pushed me off or attempted to say stop or no. You wanted it, just as much as I did, so what did you think would happen in result? If you humans didn't know, sex makes babies. Your body adapted to that child. And for the last time, you aren't taking my daughter off this planet to die. Some mother you are, you don't even want the best for your child." Hissed the man.

As much as Charlotte would hate to admit. The baby was best here on the planet. If it was taken to Earth. It would die before it even made it. And if it did make it, it would spend a life being tested on, living in a lab, with people acting as though she was some monster. And Zyrt didn't want that for his child. He didn't want that for Charlotte. In fact, he thought she loved him, but...Obviously, she didn't. Picking her up, he forced her to come back to his camp, not caring if she kicked or scream. "Be silent. I'm getting you to a doctor to check on my daughter."

Everything he spat at her was justified given her behaviour, but that didn't make it any less hurtful. Her mother had been her idol when Charlotte was a young girl. She didn't thrust technology into her daughter's hands, but took her out into nature and read to her every single day. Having children may not have been her dream in life, but she had often thought about what sort of mother she'd be-- and it genuinely hurt her to hear these insults at her mothering abilities before she had even had a child.

And it hurt more when she realised that she wasn't going to get to do the sorts of things her mother did with her. She wasn't going to be able to walk around Wisconsin, visit the libraries, build snowmen in the winter and sit back with hot cocoa afterwards, cold but satisfied. That was part of her childhood, and she would never be able to do that with her child. She wanted to return to Earth, but her life there would never be the same, and that realisation really did hit her the hardest in that moment--

Although, while she was on the verge of having another inevitable, but understandable, breakdown, she didn't get the chance to even do that. She passed out after coughing up splatters of blood before any tear could break out-- and it was the brief coughing fit that did alert someone to come and search for her. The humans were more interested in keeping safe, that was true, but there was at least one ready to risk their life to help out Charlotte. Megumi was the last human girl left, after Charlotte's... transformation, and she'd always felt close to Lottie anyway. The two had been best friends, really. They'd worked together in the lab, they cuddled under the covers to watch corny movies, and they even shared a bed aboard the spacecraft for comfort and support.

So like hell was she going to leave her alone, hearing her scream and then have a horrible coughing fit-- though she hadn't entirely expected to see Charlotte unconscious in the arms of the leader of the planet. She had bravely rushed out before anyone could stop her and then promptly froze, staring up in fear, but refused to move or run away.

"...G-Get off her," she began quietly, her Japanese accent lighting each word. "G-Get off my f-friend or... or I'll hit you with... a... stick," she murmured, cringing at how ridiculous it sounded-- but the stick in her hand was her only real weapon right now.

1101.jpg

Zyrt growled at the human, not being as nice as he was with Charlotte. Looking down at the woman in his arms, he nervously nuzzled her nose trying to wake her. "Lottie?" He called, before he walked around the human, and headed for his camp. "It's okay, love. I'll get you to a medic." Of course, he was still worried about her. Mostly because she was his mate. Well....He was believing that she was his mate up until today and has been in love with her.

And the love didn't disappear after their argument. No, he was just angry at her. He felt like he had been lead on. Walking to his camp he stopped to glare at the small disgusting human. "Go back. You're foul smelling and if you follow me I won't hesitate to kill you where you stand."

"She's... She's my best friend, I'm not abandoning h-her, not... not now. You scare her, she doesn't like y-you, leave her alone!" Snapped Megumi in as brave a display as she could manage, hitting out at him with the stick-- although she quickly realised the uselessness it presented when it snapped in two without leaving a scratch on his body.

"I'm... I'm not leaving her," the short human mumbled. She was short by human standards, so she was positively tiny compared to this man, and compared to Charlotte now. "She's... sick. S-so sick. She was vomiting b-blood and she's only just woken up, s-so I'm... I'm not leaving her. I care about h-her."

He swatted her away as if she was a fly, possibly breaking her leg in the process. He had no sympathy for those disgusting beings. Charlotte was the only one. She was his mate. And this annoying pest was starting to irritate him. He finally made it back to the camp. He set his mate on the medical bed, looking at the doctor for help. "...This is my mate I was talking about...I don't understand what's going on with her."

One of the doctors, a woman named Raelin, hurried over glancing over Charlotte's body. "I will find out what's wrong with her Chosen One. You said she was human before, correct? Her body is possibly still adjusting." Mumbled the doctor as she hooked Charlotte up to an odd looking machine. "But it's hard to say right now before we've run any test on her."

Zyrt nodded, looking at his mate worried. He went to take her hand, squeezing it softly. "Raelin...Please take care of her..."

"I will, Chosen One."capricorn___the_star_sign_by_serafleur-dbu7fa2.jpg

It would be a full day before Charlotte came around again. Like when she woke from her coma, her first reaction was to stare up in complete confusion, try to piece together fragments of her memory that had splintered apart, often irrecoverably. For the briefest of moments, she forgot she was on this planet. She forgot about Zyrt, about the moments they'd shared, about the fact she was undergoing all these changes in her life. For one small moment, she thought she was in bed back at home, in her apartment, waking up and ready to start the day.

It was only when she sat up that that brief belief crashed to the ground. She remembered just where and what she was when locking eyes with not just the medic seeing to her, but Mythia too, the woman standing in the corner of the room with an unimpressed frown. Of course she was disapproving of all this, but she couldn't voice her opinion too much. Zyrt may be her cousin, but he was the ruler; the Chosen One. She couldn't speak out too vocally against him and his choices.

"I... I... oh god, I-I don't... I... I'm gonna vomit."

"Do so as you wish, just don't get it on me," replied the moody woman with a roll of her eyes, folding her arms over her chest. "...You aren't allowed to leave, so I recommend laying down and not whining."

"How are you feeling, Charlotte." Asked the medic as she walked over to the woman. She had been talking to Mythia before Charlotte regained consciousness. "You may be experiencing nausea, and queasiness due to your state, as well as the herbs I've given you. But that should only last for a few moments. Are you hungry, Chosen Mate?" She asked politely. Since Zyrt declared she was his mate, she thought she ought to respect her. Sure they didn't have a proper ceremony, but she was pregnant.

"Your daughter is a lively one. You should feed her. I recommend you eating plenty of fruit. It would be good for the baby...Pardon me, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Raelin, the doctor around here. This here is Mythia. She's in charge of the troops...Well, second in command. First is obviously Chosen One Zyrt, but when he's not around, everyone listens to her. Right, Mythia?" Smiled the cheerful woman.

"She knows me. We don't get along. I'm not entirely a fan of her kind being on our planet, or Zyrt choosing to mate with one when he should have a pure-blood Nepraean, but I suppose I have no choice but to be a good girl and treat her nicely now she's... mated with our Chosen One," drawled Mythia flatly, the unimpressed woman continuing to glare and frown at Charlotte. She was comfortable speaking openly about how she felt when around Raelin - she trusted her enough to keep what she heard to herself.

Raelin was one of the only friends Mythia had, and even then she was still moody around her.

"...Nice to know your feelings haven't changed about me. I... That's refreshing, r-really. I'd... I hate myself too," grimaced Lottie, immediately laying back down when discovering that sitting up like that just brought on that nausea Raelin warned her of. Breathing out slowly, she managed a meek smile at the nearby medic. Her head was still swimming and she still just wanted to be around her friends, but she could at least appreciate and be grateful towards the woman who was helping her.

That is until she noticed her best friend on the nearby table, a sight which made Mythia slowly smile in amusement.

"Your little friend dragged herself here. Her leg's broken in so many places and yet she somehow got here. Left a trail of blood. It was really rather hilarious-- in a morbid sort of way. Zyrt's not a fan of her but I thought the least she deserved was a nice bandage," she drawled, glancing across at the unconscious, exhausted Megumi. "She attacked the Chosen One with a stick. Again, hilarious. You humans are awfully... funny."

"And smelly." Mumbled Raelin, looking back at Megumi cautiously. "I hope the medicine I gave her helps with her leg. It was almost shattered." Mumbled the woman, going to check on her other patient. "It's healing nicely...That's good. Now, Charlotte, could you describe to me how you feel right now? It would do me good to know what you're feeling. Obviously, you are the first human...Well...You aren't human anymore, but...You were...Well, you are the first of your kind to be pregnant with one of our kind." She told her with a smile.

Sitting down, she moved to feel her head. "You aren't so warm anymore, and that's good. You've...Completely transformed into one of us. You don't smell human, you have horns, and you have grown to our height...Your baby is...Forming slowly. Usually, you would have given birth by now." She mumbled, a little concerned. "But, she must need some more time in there. It's important to speak to her. You want her first memories to be happy don't you?" She giggled.

"I want to go home. I don't want to be here. I-I feel awful, I feel disgusting, I just w-want to go home and--"

"You feel disgusting? Do you understand why I hate this girl, Raelin? Why I refuse to bow to her like Zyrt demands? She's a rude, unappreciative little bitch who just called us disgusting," hissed Mythia suddenly, her brows pulling together and her lips curling into a horrified, annoyed scowl, her eyes snapping angrily to Lottie in such a way that Charlotte immediately fell silent in fear. Mythia scared a lot of people, especially Charlotte who was unused to being hated so vitriolically by someone. "I want her ship fixed and I want her to go to Earth, where she's from. The sooner she leaves, the better."

"The child can't leave though. It would die the moment they leave this planet. An infant can't take such...Pressure." She told the woman, looking at her sadly. "And...I know she just called us disgusting, and it is rude...But we have to be nice. She's just not used to us is all. Now, Charlotte, you can't leave. This is your home...And I'd prefer if you didn't call me and my friend disgusting." Smiled the woman as she stood up. "Why don't inform the Chosen One you're awake, okay?"

"Don't bother, he knows" Mumbled a man as she came into the room. "He's on his way here to check on his precious little mate...So this is her? The Chosen Mate?" He asked, looking at her as he crossed his arms.62c10c23d769d5ffd3a8cf7ce3cee187.jpg

"Keep him away from me. P-Please don't l-let him near me, I t-told him! I told him I want nothing to do with him, that he needs to f-fuck off and leave me alone and that he used me so I want him to just go away a-and-- and please don't let him near me!" Charlotte panicked, her eyes wide at the thought of Zyrt coming anywhere near her. He had his interpretations of the matter that were false, like Charlotte leading him on. That was blatantly not true.

Similarly, though, she had ideas about him that weren't true. She assumed that he'd just used her, had meant none of the kind words and compliments he'd showered her with. Right now, they were misunderstanding one another and her fear was widening the gap between them.

"...As you can see, our beloved Chosen Mate isn't that... special," drawled Mythia flatly, her nose crinkling a little at the smell of the nearby human. She regretted pulling her in to help her. If she'd died from infection, it was one less human stinking her planet up, so really, she wished she'd let her die. "She's rude and our Chosen One can do much better. He should have mated with you, Raelin."

Raelin's face flushed at the thought, shaking her head vigorously. "No, no. I'm but a mere medic. I couldn't possibly be with the Chosen One."

"And she's a human, yet he's with her. She has no title. What does she mean by 'used'. We don't use people, I guess that's a human thing." Grumbled the man, Lyth. "She's awfully rude."