"A mere medic? That hardly matters. Besides, you treat Zyrt whenever he's sick. He wouldn't allow you to treat him if he didn't value you as a person and a professional. You're perfect for him. So pretty, so respectable, a perfect Nepraean without a bad aspect to your personality. Such a shame he's fascinated with the human-- for now. I don't imagine he'll be glad to hear her scream at us to keep him from her. Not at all respectful, is she?--"

"Why do you... you all talk as though I'm not here? As though I can't hear you? I can hear you. Do you hear me? I-I... I won't be d-disrespected a-and ignored like I don't e-exist!" Snapped Charlotte as she hitched herself from the table she was laid on to glare down at Mythia, the woman standing an inch or two shorter than her now. "You... You're so rude to me and I'm the victim, r-really-- I didn't ask for this. I didn't w-want this, and yet I'm the bad guy?!"

"Yes. You are the bad guy, I'm glad you've realized this." The man smirked, glaring at her. "You seduced our Chosen One. Asked him to take a bath with you? You humans have no respect. And for some reason, I have no idea why he's chosen you to have his child. Unbelievable. It's disgusting really. We don't have to respect you at-"

"Be silent." A voice boomed as Zyrt showed himself. He walked into the room, glaring at everyone. Raelin squeaked and bowed to him.

"Chosen One, your mate...She's awaked. She seems fine, she just needs to eat." This is why she didn't want Mythia and Lyth in the same room. When they were together, they got to talking and somehow Zyrt always appeared from nowhere. And she didn't want Charlotte to hate her.

"...Charlotte come with me, a word." He mumbled, taking her wrist gently.

The human -or rather, former human- didn't count herself as someone sensitive and emotional. She could take insults and bat them off with a faint shrug and even a laugh. She really wasn't this emotional usually, but she found herself crying almost constantly these days. On one hand, she imagined that being pregnant had something to do with that. Yet, she also felt she was justified these tears when her whole world had been flipped upside down. She'd literally undergone a change no other human had - surely she could let a few tears out, especially when she seemed to be constantly hated and disliked no matter what she did?

In fact, she was too teary to really care that Zyrt had taken her wrist and pulled her from the medic room, obligingly following with no real effort to shout or scream at him. She lacked the energy and the motivation to do so.

"...What? Am I going to be called names by you too? Are you going to tell me how awful a mother I am again?"

".....I shouldn't have said that, and I'm sorry. You aren't an awful mother, I was angry back then." Mumbled the man as he took her to his tent. Once they were alone in his grand tent, he had her sit down. He lifted her feet onto his lap as he sat down in front of her. Massaging her feet gently, he looked at her stomach, smiling a bit. "...It's not good for you to be upset...The baby will be upset too, so...Let's try and brighten your day."

"I... I've lost a whole month of my life. I've gone through m-more pain than you can ever imagine. My friends hate me. Your... kind hate me, no matter what I do. My whole life is so... different that it scares me-- and then you accuse me of leading you on. Do you know how hurtful t-that is? To be accused?" She questioned, squirming uncomfortably at his touch, it being written all over her face that she really didn't want him touching her or being close to her like this. She may have taken offence to his accusations, but she was still clinging to her own accusation of him; that he'd used her. It was difficult not to think that when she felt she had evidence for it - she was sat in his tent, near him, currently heavily pregnant with his child.

She thought he used her to get that, and it was hard to dispute it.

"I don't want you touching me, I d-don't want you near me, I-I told you. Why a-are you... not r-respecting my wishes? Do you know that I... I have a right to... to not want you near m-me, touching me like t-this? S-So stop a-already and... and leave me alone, I-- you make me feel sick looking at you b-because I know what you did to me against my will. You j-just used me without asking me about c-children and... and I'll never forgive you for ruining my life."

"...Do you know how much it hurts, being accused of something you didn't do?" He growled, glaring at her. "You were the one who invited me into the bath. You knew exactly what you were doing, so please, spare me your victim act, Charlotte. You wanted me, and I wanted you. What did you think would happen after sex? Babies come from sex, don't you humans know that?" He asked, dropping her feet.

"If you despise me, and I disgust you so much, fine. But I will not leave. You are carrying my child."

"Don't patronise m-me, I fucking... I know how sex works. I have... had s-sex before, and I didn't g-get pregnant. Sometimes you don't, s-so sorry if... if I'm fucking s-surprised by this," she snapped, all ready to angrily enter some argument with him. She was quite happy to engage in such a vitriolic exchange because she was so full of bubbling anger and had nobody to release it all upon. It needed to come out, because it was making her so stressed and she hated feeling like some monster. She felt she already looked like one, so acting like it too, glaring and ready to explode at people who didn't deserve it, made her feel terrible.

But she felt Zyrt did deserve it, so shouting at him didn't make her feel guilty.

Except, she didn't have the chance to really yell at him when, seemingly in seconds, that anger across her face vanished, replaced with a small, bewildered, doe-like surprise. Her lips parted just a little and her eyes blinked, before flickering down to her stomach where she wasted no time in cradling and resting her hands. The baby had begun to move about again, more so than before, and it both caught her by surprise and made her feel... nice. It was strange, really, but it did have a calming effect on her, reminded her that she had a little life inside her that was probably stressed out at Charlotte's yelling and anger. Her body was being shared right now and she wasn't entirely acting responsibly by screaming like she was.

"...Here, feel," she quietly mumbled, reaching to grab Zyrt's hand to place on her stomach, a slow smile finally cracking on her lips - an expression she hadn't shown him since that night in the bathtub. "She's so lively right now, I... it makes me happy. It's hard t-to explain, but I... I am happy, Zyrt. About th-the baby. She makes me happy. I... I'm just... you have to understand h-how shocked I am by this all. I... I don't hate you, I j-just-- it's a lot to take in, and everyone hates me, and I-I'm normally someone everyone likes! They all stare at me like I'm a freak, my friends I mean, a-and your cousin and that other man were saying m-mean things and I... I just... I'm so annoyed by it all. It makes me sad."

Zyrt held her stomach, his smile growing when feeling the little flutters in her stomach. "...I'll deal with my people. They will all respect you. We'll be heading home in a week. So you can see your kingdom." Smiled the man, leaning in to peck her stomach happily. "...You can name her if you want." Rubbing her stomach softly.

"Also...I'll leave your human friends alone. I won't hurt them. Does that make you happy?"

"I... I want them to have their ship fixed and to go home, I guess. That would make me happy. I've... sort of... come to the conclusion that I can't go to Earth. I don't think I'd fit in," she murmured slowly, biting her lip to force back an urge to get upset. There really was no reason to cry, not really. Sure, her whole life had changed-- but she was having a baby, and that took over her life. She'd rather be a mother than head home and abandon the innocent little thing that didn't ask to be created.

Besides, she had Zyrt too. As angry as she'd been, being close to him like this rekindled all of her affection towards him, which eventually left her taking the big step to place herself in his lap, her arms slowly wrapping around his neck. After their bickering, this wasn't what he might thought would happen-- but she had grown tired of constantly picking fights with him at this point.

"I'll stay with you," she declared openly, her head tilted a little. "I... I'll stay on this planet, I'll be your Chosen Mate or whatever they're calling me-- you know, you're actually insane. You're, like, the handsomest guy I've ever met, and yet you chose to mate with me. Like, dude, that's... fucking crazy," she laughed, pressing her lips to his neck to offer a few quick kisses, giggling under her breath at how cute this little scene currently was. "...Oi, you need to finish that massage you started. Being the Chosen One doesn't mean you get to skip out on that."

Chuckling softly, he smiled down at his mate, wrapping his arms around her. "So odd." He whispered, kissing her nose, before letting her go to get back to massaging her feet. "I'm happy you aren't angry with me. I thought you would always be angry with me." He mumbled lightly, looking over at her with a grin. "You'll love the Kingdom. It's beautiful, really. I'm sure my parents will be thrilled that I've chosen a mate."

"Don't get me wrong, I... I was furious with you, but it was shock, mostly. I woke up after a month looking like this, Zyrt. It's shocking. And then I look down and I'm pregnant, it was just-- a shock," she repeated after a moment, shaking her head to herself to force away the memory of how horrible she'd been. That wasn't her. Charlotte was goofy, dorky, funny. She wasn't a horrid person, so she was deeply embarrassed by how she'd portrayed herself in the recent days.

"And I know that I can't go to Earth again. It's... hurtful but I'll get used to it. I can examine all the plants here now, right? I... I can research all the organisms and that'll be so fun! No other human has ever got the chance to examine another planet in this detail like I can, I... I'm looking forward to that. And having a baby, I... I guess that's exciting. Scary, but exciting-- just let me help fix my friends' ship up first before any of this, Zyrt. I... I want them to go home."

"Alright. I'll let you help fix their ship. Then we can focus on the baby. You...You can name her something human if that makes you feel more at home." He promised, before leaning in to peck her lips. Smiling brightly at her, he massaged her his fingers working magic. However, their time alone was interrupted by a small knock.

"Chosen One, the Chosen Mate's friend has woken up. She's asking for the Chosen Mate...She frantic." Raelin mumbled, bowing to the Chosen one.

"I'm slightly impressed she managed to drag herself here....Lottie, do you wanna see your friend?"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: potassiumboron
Guilt hit Charlotte like a train. Here she was, cuddled up close to a man (albeit a man she was falling in love with, and who was the most handsome person she'd ever seen) while her best friend was presumably in agony. She'd broken her leg in far too many places, yet had dragged herself just to make sure Charlotte was okay. That was the sort of friend Megumi was - she'd do anything for anyone, especially those she saw as family.

As intimate as her moment with Zyrt was, she was willing to interrupt it all to check on Megumi, nodding as she pushed herself to her feet. It wasn't easy doing something that simple in the condition she was in, and normally she'd just sit back and relax-- but Megumi clearly needed her right now.

"...She's a good person, Zyrt. Megumi, I mean. She's... like a sister to me. We've gone through a-a lot together and... and I... I don't want you to hurt her. She's already been hurt by someone, and I... I'd like it if you were nice to her? She's just protective of me. She'll... She'll see how amazing you are if you actually show her that you're not the monster the humans think you are. I know how wonderful you can be~"