• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Marky-poo?

Honestly, he hated that nickname. Maybe not when it came from Cassy, he didn't mind that so much, but inevitably, during their teenage years at school, that nickname was often picked up upon by other kids, who proceeded to taunt and mimic him with it. It never really sat well with him when other people who weren't Cassy called him that--

But Star could call him anything she wanted and he'd smile and nod. He was just happy she was here in front of him right now. He'd wanted to talk to her for years, so to actually be on a date with the older woman was... bewilderingly amazing.

"I didn't know what I was supposed to give you. I thought roses were conventionally accepting," he began in that low drawl, forcing himself out of it when he realised how cold he sounded-- and promptly smiled to show he was determined to break out of that shell. "I thought... a meal would be nice. On Earth. I assume you haven't been there often? Only... my family get free passes to Earth these days without needing permission from the King, so I though I'd whisk you off there for the evening? If... If you want."

Earth? This date was getting more interesting by the second. She had never been to Earth before. Like he said, only the royal family got free passes. The rest of the demons weren't allowed to go to Earth. She had always wanted to go there though Grinning brightly at him, she interlocked their arms with an unsubtle purr "You sure know how to impress a woman, hmm? I'd love to go to Earth~!" Giggled the woman.

So, this wasn't so bad, right? She seemed interested in him, she seemed to be quite happy to cling to his arm and purr like that. He wasn't sure she would like the flowers or the dinner on Earth, but that just showed his naivety. Any demon would like that, to be whisked off their feet and treated like some beautiful piece of china; like the most amazing woman in the world-- but that was what Star was to him. She was the most amazing woman he'd ever seen, and not just for her beauty, though, admittedly, she was flawless.

"...I've always rather admired you," he began after a moment, holding her close to be able to lead her gently through the portal, making sure not to get too close in case that scared her away-- though that was probably hard to do given how affectionate she automatically was with men. "I mean, you're so strong and empowered. I like that. I remember when I first saw you, when I was 15. You kicked a man to the ground because he called you some rude name-- it was amazing. I... know you're beautiful, you really are. Nobody really sees how amazing you are as you, inside, y'know? Is that corny? I... I'm not good with this. Cassy gave me advice but I... don't think he's the best person to hand out advice when he's always being dumped."

Shrugging to himself briefly, he slowly nodded at the view below them, of Paris. He was used to it, being that he had lived there as a young child before his family relocated back to Hell. It was easily his favourite place on Earth, and where they were now, in an apartment he'd rented specifically for this moment, with a nice meal already set out with candles, all overlooking the Parisian scene... well, it was incredibly romantic. For someone who hadn't done this before, he was practically a natural-- but he took tips from his father. He'd watched Seven do this sort of stuff for Oscar all his life, so he simply took that and replicated it now.

"I... thought you were dating the General in the army," he began after a moment as he took a sit down. "It's why I kept away so long. I thought you were in a serious relationship. I'd never approach a woman who was taken. I... have morals."

The scene easily took her breath away. She had never seen a city so....Beautiful. Looking out the glass wall, she put her hand against it, her eyes wide at the city below. And to see the Eiffel tower...It was all so...So beautiful. Turning to face him, she looked at the lovely candlelit meal. No one had...Ever done something like this for her. Sure she was treated to fancy restaurants with VIP seating but...No one took the time out of their day to carefully set everything up for her.

And to hear that he admired her since he was fifteen? That was...Heartwarming. So he liked her for four years now, and she had never even looked his way. Smiling softly at the meal, she looked at Mark. He could...Be hers. The one she was truly looking for. If he was willing to kill a few humans for fun, they could really be happy together. Slowly, she sat down happily, grinning at the younger boy. "The general? Ugh, he's a pain in my neck. We dated a while ago, I dumped him for being too boring. Now he's always yelling at me, he's still in love with me."

"...I can ask my Grandfather to resolve that for you, if it's causing you distress. I'm aware that people spread horrid rumours about you, but I don't believe them-- and it's no excuse for you to be hounded by an ex. I'll sort that out, promise. I'm aware that... rumours spread about me, about how I'm stern and stubborn. I'm not just that-- but I can be when I need to be. It tends to intimidate people, but I won't be that way with you. I... like you too much," he began with that same lovesick grin on his face, finally starting to fully relax. Her amazement of the scene and her appreciation of the effort he'd gone through helped greatly - he'd worried she would refuse it all, so when she didn't, he took a seat and finally allowed himself to ease back in relaxation.

"I didn't know what meal would be suitable, but everyone likes steak, right? Again, rumours spread about you that I... don't believe. About your tastes-- look, I'm not holding it against you. Like, look at my family. They're insane. Some of the stuff they've done is... ridiculous. Whatever you've done, however many rumours are true, doesn't bother me so much when my family have done worse."

He was willing to handle the general for her, and he didn't care about those rumors? Oh, he was perfect~! He'd probably do whatever she asked him to do~! She never had such a powerful boyfriend. Sure she's dated noblemen, but never has she dated a Prince~ Smiling brightly at her, she reached over to place her hand on top of hers. "Marky-poo, you are one of a kind~" She giggled softly. "Now that you mention it....There is one person who...Bothers me a bit. His name is Chavis. He's a soldier, he's been calling me such rude names, could you get rid of him too?" She asked, biting on her lower lip.

Despite the fact he wanted to stay in Hell and join the army, or just work alongside his uncle and grandfather, Mark wasn't a particularly violent person. He was raised by two parents who themselves weren't violent; Oscar was practically an angel, in looks and behaviour, and he'd raised his children not to like that violent lifestyle. Even Ember, as rebellious as he was, had never hit a person; it wasn't in his mindframe to do so when his parents had raised him against that.

That said, he wanted to be in the army - clearly he wasn't against hurting people if he had to. And honestly, he was quite happy to break his parents' imprinted philosophy to help the woman he was basically besotted with.

"Chavis? I... of course I can. Like I said, I don't think it's right they spread rumours about you when you're... such a nice person-- so yeah, I can sort it. No problem. Not to brag or anything, but I'm pretty strong," he began, a small smirk playing on his lips. It wasn't something Mark would usually do, but he felt comfortable around Star; she brought the best out of him.

Then again, she was also bringing out the capacity for violence, and that really wasn't... good. Mark was strong, that wasn't an untrue boast. He was physically stronger than most his family, taller than most of them too. Soldiers had always thought it was a good thing that Mark hadn't been in the army - if he had, he'd easily overshadow and outperform them all. Being introduced and encouraged to act violently really wasn't... good news, not really. But what did he care? He liked Star and if getting rid of these men would make her happy, he'd do it. He didn't want her being harassed, obviously.

"I could just have him fired but that wouldn't stop him harassing you, so I... suppose I'd have to kill him," he murmured, frowning just a little at that realisation-- but then again, his family had done a hell of a lot worse than kill someone who deserved to be killed. He could manage it. "Don't worry, I'll sort it."

Smirking in delight she clapped her hands together with a giggle. "Brilliant~! I'm so happy you understand me, honestly, where have you been all my life?" Cooed the demoness as she took a long sip of her wine, purring from the taste. "You know what would really spice this date up~?" Standing up, she walked over to the large window, glancing down at the humans below. "We should find us a tasty looking human and bring them up for dinner~ Mmm that would hit the spot, right Marky-poo?"

There was no surprise at this point that Mark adored the woman. He'd heard horrid rumours about her and it hadn't affected how much he was enamoured with her. Hearing her openly indicate that she might want to fetch a human to... eat, though, was shocking. Anyone else, any other man, might throw his hands up and call that the end, unable to comprehend such a... hobby. Even in Hell, the eating of other people was... frowned upon. It really wasn't considered... the act of a civilised society.

But Mark was genuinely in love. He liked her so much that the idea of hunting down a human to kill and eat didn't seem... monstrous. It didn't seem horrid. It seemed-- fun. It sounded fun. If it bonded him and Star, he was all for it.

"...Sure. Why not? I mean-- I don't know how fun it is until I try, right? My... Papa always says to try new experiences."

"Great~!" She grinned, running her hand through her dark velvet locks. "Now, let's go hunt~ I'm so glad I met you. You seem to be into the same things as me~" She cooed, grabbing his arm as she pressed in close to walk beside him. "Such a handsome face as well~ I certainly hit the jackpot~"

Once they were out of the apartment building, the demoness looked around, her eyes scanning around for the perfect human treat.

This was easily the first time Mark had really stepped outside his comfort zone and let that wall around himself break down. He had no younger siblings to protect, no reason to keep that protective barrier up. He could just relax, let his hair down and enjoy the fact he had, quite possibly, the most beautiful demon on his arm, gushing and praising him with that beautiful smile and equally beautiful voice. He couldn't quite believe his luck, quite frankly, so of course he was going to do what she wanted.

And... he did. That morning when Mark woke up, he'd been innocent; hadn't hurt a single soul. Come the end of the night, he'd not just helped kill an innocent person, but... tore the poor man apart and followed Star's lead when eating parts of the human without care or remorse. Now, that act could have been the end of it. He could have drawn the line there and then, politely declined to engage in that or any... murderous antics again, just gone back to his nice life without risking getting into huge trouble with his family-- but he didn't.

That much was clear when, two days later, he calmly rapped his knuckles on Star's door at her home in Hell, silently admiring how grand it was. He lived in a castle, and nothing compared to that, but her home was definitely... extravagant. When she finally opened up, he smiled happily and entered, before handing over a large box with a clearly delighted grin on his face. "Open it," he prompted, his eyes glittering a little, hoping her reaction would be one of delight and pride. "...Ugh, I can't hold back. There are two skulls in there. Cleaned up and polished real nice. You know whose skulls they are? The skulls of the guys who had harassed you. I... said I'd sort it out, Star. I don't break promises. They're... cool, right? Like, they suffered a lot and I thought you having their skulls as table decorations would be the ultimate insult to their memory."

Star had created a monster out of Mark in a matter of hours. And she was absolutely thrilled about it. Mark had easily become her most favorite lover she's been with. Many had killed for her before, but none had eaten humans with her before. None had been as powerful as him before, none had put effort into things the way he had. So Star easily fell for the younger demon. Currently donned in a silk robe, she smiled up at her lover, taking the skulls out of the box. Gasping softly, she giggled in delight. "Oh, they're simply gorgeous love~!"

As she eagerly went to go sit them on her extravagant coffee table, she glanced at the man behind her. "Come, sit~" After she had finally had the skulls in place to where she wanted them, she happily trotted over to her lover, sitting in his lap as she played in his dark hair. She adored the way his dark hair would curl up right above his ears. Purring softly, she leaned in to peck his nose before whispering, "Let's have some real fun today~ I want to cause chaos on Earth~ Let's kill an important figure on Earth, like...Like one of their Princes or...Or someone famous~!"

Mark was still rather tentative, still a little shy-- but boy, he'd come out of his shell a lot. Sure, he was still cold and robotic and completely serious to mostly everyone, but never with Star. It had only been two days, and here he was, grinning wide at her and wasting little time in wrapping his strong, muscled arms around her slim waist, his head tilted as he listened to every word that she purred.

She could make murder sound like a fun activity; not a cruel act of abhorrent inhumanity, something they would have fun doing together. Last time they killed someone together, they ended up passionately making out, so of course he was happy to do it again. Besides, a small part of him liked it. He'd been so reserved his whole life, focused on everyone but himself.

Wasn't it his time to do something fun for once?

"Like who? There are plenty of important people, plenty of royals or highly regarded politicians; presidents and mayors. We could go after who you want. I think... a princess would be cute. I'd love to get you a tiara," he admitted easily. Right now, Star was the only person he wanted to still do things for. Everyone else couldn't be further from his mind right now.

"I was thinking the same thing, babe~ Wouldn't I look just lovely in a crown~" Cooed the girl, leaning in to kiss him softly. "We should kill a Princess~ Think of all the fun we would have....And besides, I always wanted to go to India~! Let's go to India and kill their Princess~!" She grinned, standing up clapping happily. "I want to dress up like an Indian Princesss~ Think of how beautiful I would be in all the silk and jewelry." She cooed, taking his hands in her own.

"I want you to come to the castle afterwards. It's my aunt's birthday, we're having some sort of party for her-- she's really arrogant, you know? She's really beautiful, but... I think it'd be funny to have you turn up in some beautiful Indian dress, looking a million dollars. She'd hate that," smirked Mark, rolling his eyes to himself at the very image of Amethyst, glaring angrily at some younger, more beautiful demon stealing her limelight. It wouldn't go down well-- but why couldn't he bring along his girlfriend to a family party? Wasn't he entitled to bring someone along?

He knew that Star wasn't looked favourably upon by his family. She'd dated and slept with most the noblemen and high-ranking demons, and wasn't particularly... liked by the royals as a result. But Mark liked her; he had always liked her. He wanted to show off to them that he wasn't some loser who couldn't get a girlfriend, that, actually, he could.

"I won't let them say anything bad about you. I know my brother's... said a lot of mean things, but I won't let him tonight, okay? We'll have fun in India, then go to the castle and have fun there. You... You deserve to be treated like a Queen, you know?"

Star gleamed brightly at that. "I should be treated like a Queen, hmm?" She giggled happily. "Let's go, I want to dress up like an Indian Princess~" And when they arrived in India, and in their royal palace, to their dismay there was no Princess. Only a Prince. The Prince sat in a gorgeous room, decorated with golden walls and ceilings. On the floor were silk pillows of many vibrant colors. The Prince laid in the pillows, petting his pet Tiger with a sullen look on his face.

He had tousled dark brown hair, which appeared to be thick and lustrous, but most of his hair was covered by his blue and silk hood. His eyes were a mesmerizing deep brown, nearly black. However, they had a shine to them as if they were black diamonds. His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite. He had dark eyebrows, which sloped downwards in a serious expression. He petted the tiger as if it were a house cat, and the tiger purred in its deep way sounding like thunder. However, the tiger stopped and picked his head up, his eyes looking in Star and Mark's direction, growling now.

Star was staring at the handsome Prince, slightly annoyed by his beauty. He was gorgeous, far too gorgeous for a simple human. Hissing softly at the tiger, she rolled her eyes. "Let's just go to the party. I don't want to dress up like a Princess anymore. I'll wear something far more glamorous."

ff9639fc1fca07f7d39c73c5e6a6566a.jpg

Mark was besotted with Star, worshipped the very ground she walked on, but it was hard not to admire the Prince's astounding beauty-- even when Mark had never really had an interest in men before. It was difficult to just turn away and pretend that his beauty was humanly - it really, really wasn't. It was inhuman, ethereal-- and that was what captured Mark's attention the most. He had seen humans before, but no human he met compared to this one. He was so... unique in his beauty that Mark was rooted to the spot.

"No. No, let's talk to him. Don't ruin this fun. We can still... take things. Jewels, gold, clothes," he reminded, eyeing the tiger with little concern. Compared to what he was, a tiger was nothing. Standing stern, his shoulders pushed back and his fists clenched at his sides, he stood forward with eyes zoned in on this sullen Prince.

"I recommend you keep that tiger at bay or I'm going to have to rip its head off. I'd hate to do that, they're such beautiful creatures. So keep it beside you and we'll be fine."

The Prince's eyes widen when he saw Mark. Letting out a roar, the tiger stood in front of the Prince, protecting him. "Radja, calm down boy." The Prince told him in his deep velvet voice, petting the tiger. However, he eyed the stranger with slight fear. "...How did you come in here? This...This is private property. We have guards."

This was the first time Mark had disobeyed her, and boy was she angry, Stepping up, she glared at Mark and glared at the beautiful Prince. "Let's just say we're magic hmm?" She smirked, before scoffing. "What an ugly man you are." She jealously hissed.

"Don't... glare at me like that. I'm trying to, you know, get you the jewels I think you deserve? We came here for a reason, didn't we? Why back out of it just because he's not some exotic Princess? There's no reason to leave," encouraged Mark with that look of sheer urgent desperation, it bleeding into his tone as he appealed to his girlfriend. he didn't see it as disobeying her, so the thought that he might have done that, and made her angry, just filled him with uncomfortable self-loathing.

"...Fucking... shut up, okay? You, hand over your jewels and... and you won't get slowly tortured, we'll make it quick," growled Mark suddenly. He was usually a mild-mannered sort of guy-- but it was fair to say that Star had awoken something in him and he was inclined to be violent on her behalf now. If she wanted a jewel or something fancy, he'd go to whatever lengths he could to give that to her.

"Idiot I don't want anything from an ugly man like him! I just want to go home. I was hoping this would be some Princess, but it's not. Can we go now, stupid. Stop talking to him." She growled, looking at her nails.

The Prince stood up grimacing at the threats from the newcomers. "...I'd prefer if you too leave. I don't want to have to kill anyone today." It was now obvious that this man wasn't human, the power emitting off of him was otherworldly. In short, he was an Angel. However, he was raised by humans. During the war all those years ago that Marcus started, some angels never made it back to Heaven. So they had children, and their children had children. And while his mother was fully angel, his father was angel making him half angel.