"...Is it cool if I call her a bitch, because dude, she's a bitch-- come here, lemme check you out," he sighed, grabbing the other by the shoulders to silently inspect his throat, his lips pursed a little more as he observed the dark bruise that woman had created. On one hand, it was impressive to see her so strong and capable of causing a powerful man like Murdo this amount of pain.

On the other hand, Ember really didn't appreciate her acting out violently when there had been no reason to. From what he gathered, Murdo was a pacifist; a man not of violence and war. Was it really necessary, then, to punch him in the goddamn throat? And of course, Ember took offence to being threatened like that with a dagger. He was a Prince; an inhuman being who could easily wipe out a whole village if he wanted. That woman should count herself lucky he let her leave alive, frankly.

"...You're married, huh? To her? God, I feel sorry for you. Besides -and tell me if I'm wrong- you don't seem like women really interest you, fella. Are you into guys, is that it? Like I said, where I'm from, it ain't an issue," he casually commented, all while remaining... strangely close to this man. Ember would often get chatted up by guys, that wasn't rare, but he always casually dropped hints he was straight to escape their affections, yet here he was, standing near this other man under the guise of checking his bruise out.

"...Yes well....Liking men here is disgusting an a disgrace, so I prefer if you didn't tell anyone." He mumbled, looking away ashamed. He was ashamed he liked men, disgusted with himself. "Ailsa....Deserves a better man than me. I...Can't give her sons or any of that. I know it's my duty and all, but..." He grimaced at the thought of laying with Ailsa. Rubbing his bruise he winced a bit but he knew he would live. "Must be nice, where you come from. To love you who you want, it's impossible here. Anyway, we should get more water and get back in the home...I'll make you three something to eat...Then I have to end into the village for that meeting...Will you be fine on your own Ember?...Why am I asking you that? You're not human." He chuckled to himself crouching down to get more water.

"...Remember not to say that...My people...Would probably skin you and where your skin...You have these markings, so you must be something powerful." He mumbled reaching out to touch them yet again. He rather liked the strange markings. "Have you earned them in battle?" He asked.

"Battle? Oh god, no. I don't think I'd do well in a war. I'd be in bed and miss the start of it, I'm not great at being punctual and shit like that-- hey, that reminds me, actually," he suddenly grinned, rolling the sleeves up his arms to reveal more of his tattoos before pointing out a large one on his left upper arm - the figure of a red dragon breathing fire. He couldn't come out and explain that he was also part demon and angel, because that was perhaps too out there, but... well, this seemed like something the Viking could possibly accept.

"That's what I am, see? That's sort of... well, that's basically it," he shrugged, grinning to himself smugly. "Pretty cool, right? So yeah, I can probably keep myself safe-- and I ain't letting shit happen to you either. You're my new buddy and I think it's a shame you can't, y'know, be yourself, but... hey, you're safe to be yourself around me and my mates. Rudolph's into guys, I think. He doesn't say much but... yeah. And I... I think I have a... slight interest, maybe? I dunno."

"...Slight interest? Isn't Rudolph your man?" He asked, confused. He looked at the dragon tattoo, moving to touch it lightly with his strong hand. "...So you're a dragon? I heard of your kind...My people hunt your kind." That was true, Vikings hunted dragons. Humans later would write it off as a myth, but during these times Dragons were far more powerful and ruled many areas of the world. "That's...Amazing really. Dragons stay up on their mountains, so I never saw one before." His strong hand went to gently caress his neck, touching those tattoos again.

He leaned in close to his neck, his beard tickling the skin of his neck as he took in his scent before pulling away. "So it's true....Dragons smell of sweet smoke." He commented to himself before stepping back looking down at the younger boy with a smile. "Well...That is surely amazing. Let's go eat." e mumbled heading back to the small home to cook.

"Woah, you hunt my kind? That's fucking nice, cheers pal. Just so you know, I ain't letting any of your kind hunt me down if they realise what I am. I'll fucking turn and burn 'em before they get near me. Saying that, I've never actually been in my real form before so I wouldn't know what I was doing," he laughed to himself, scratching at his arm as he began to wander after the other. It was a source of embarrassment for him, really. Mark and Cassy had once lived among the dragons when Oscar lived there int hat land. They were young children, sure, but they were around other dragons, taught how to shift and how to control their powers.

Ember was born in Hell. All he'd ever known was that lifestyle. He didn't understand much about himself, thus had no idea how to really... use the powers he had. He knew that was one of the reasons he rebelled. He didn't feel like he fitted in, so he created a life for himself that epitomised rebellion. If he didn't fit in in one place, he wasn't going to fit in anywhere.

"...You smell of, like, berries and stuff, actually. Also like honey," he murmured quietly, his cheeks holding just a little pink to them after that rather... intimate moment. It was perfectly platonic and innocent, but he still felt his cheeks warm in response to it nonetheless. He'd never actually been open about his slight attraction to men. It wasn't like he wasn't accepting - his parents were men and Cassy was pretty unmistakably gay too. He accepted it, it was fine, but he struggled to come to terms with it for himself. That said, Murdo helped greatly with him realising now that he was probably bisexual, because... well, he definitely felt something towards this Viking.

When they walked back into the little home, Devin and Rudolph were up by that time. Rudolph had got the fire started back up and was sitting next to it with Devin. Murdo smiled at the two greeting them before walking to the stone fireplace to cook. After he cooked them breakfast and made sure they were fed. He told them to stay while he headed into town.

Rudolph was still eating his meaty soup when Murdo left. Once he was gone, he looked at Ember. "Ember...Shouldn't we try finding your cousin?"

"How am I supposed to track her down? She's a fucking... sneaky little shit, alright? I can't find her if she doesn't want to be found," shrugged the dragon back in reply, wiping the soup from his mouth with a faint grunt of annoyance. He wasn't annoyed at the suggestion, because Rudolph was well within his rights to ask, but he was annoyed with himself for being unable to do anything. He'd never really felt more useless than he did right now.

"There ain't nothing I can do, we just gotta... be patient, I guess. My folks are gonna realise soon enough that something's up and they'll sort this out, I swear. Just... hang on. If you wanna come cuddle with me some more, I don't mind that. You clearly enjoyed it."

"Sh-Shut up! I'm not scared right now." Grumbled the boy looking away as he went back to eating the soup.

"...Wait huh? You allowed him to cuddle you last night?" Devin asked, grimacing a bit. "...What are you going gay? Because I just saw you and Murdo outside and you ta seemed pretty cozy." Hissed the girl.

"Ugh, humans are such jealous creatures." Opal mumbled, being sat on Murdo's bed. Both Rudolph and Devin jumped and turned to see the beautiful little girl, perched perfectly on the bed. Opal smiled brightly at them. She donned a medieval princess like dress and her hair was braided beautifully. "Hello~ Dearest Ember, are you enjoying your time here?" She asked happily.

"I'm not 'going gay'-- fucking hell, Devin. How many girls have I been with, huh? I just-- maybe I'm bi, I dunno. What's the big deal, really?" Retorted the dragon, at least until Opal made an appearance. He was almost thankful she arrived in that cocky, arrogant, self-proud fashion. Normally it annoyed him, but it at least timely interrupted the fact his cheeks had burnt red at being caught getting close with Murdo.

"Ah, this is the little bitch. This is my cousin," he introduced absently with a wave towards her, shrugging indifferently. "Are you going to let us go home now? Because, honestly, this is fucking annoying. Yeah, you have a cool power, well done you. We're bored now."

"Well I'm not bored. I'm having fun." Whined Opal as she played with her golden hair. "And how dare you call me a bitch. Don't you see I am a Princess?" Giggled the girl hauntingly. "Anyway, I suppose I can take you home. Murdo won't be back. He's being set up, but that's not our problem." She smiled standing up.

"...But...Shouldn't we help? He's been so nice and-" Rudolph began, however was cut of by the young girl.

"Not your problem. You won't remember any of this trip anyway. Simple human~" She cooed opening a portal up. "Alright, jump in."

"Murdo's being set up? I... Opal, listen. I want to go home, alright? But I want to help him too. I'm not... a totally horrid person, I have feelings and I like people, so... so just... wait, okay? Devin will wait here and Rudolph and I will go help Murdo. He deserves our help. You know, I'd have been attacked by fucking wolves if he hadn't helped. How would you have explained that to my folks, huh? That I got ripped apart by fucking wolves because you were playing some childish game?"

Grunting under his breath, he abruptly turned on his heel and, with Rudolph's hand gripped tightly in his own. It was only when he headed out the cabin that he groaned aloud. "...She's a... an annoying brat but she has her good traits, really."

Rudolph followed, holding his hand tightly. "...I'll take your word for it. So...What are we going to do? I mean...We're walking into a town full of Vikings, right? I...I trust that you're really strong and stuff, but I'm still...I'm still human okay? I'm not strong and I'm scared." He hurriedly mumbled. He looked around the forest, just following the dirt path, figuring that led to the town. "...Are you going to like...Turning into something to get rid of them all?"

"You're scared? Rudolph, loser-face, quit fucking saying dumb shit. You have no reason to be scared, alright? Now, I ain't gonna turn into something. What makes you think I can do something that cool?" He began slowly with a brief glance down at the human, that signature, lazy smirk pulling at his lips. He had the potential to turn, he knew that, but he didn't have a clue how to do it, and he didn't even want to try, really.

"Just... trust me. I'll sort something out, y'know? I always sort this out. Hey, if I sort this out, what do I get as a thanks from you? A kiss~? I know you'd love that, you so fancy me."

"What makes you think I fancy you?" Huffed the human boy, blush spreading across his tanned cheeks. "I don't, okay? I...I just asked to cuddle with you because I was scared, and stop calling me loser-face, jerk-face." He grumbled following him through the forest.

Soon they came up to a village. The village was small. Medieval of course and all the small homes here made Murdo's home look amazing. This home was literally huts. There were little shops and taverns there and here. Merchants everywhere. In the center of it all Murdo. He was about to be hanged. His crimes? Trying to run from battle.

He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but he definitely didn't think Murdo was going to get killed. When Opal mentioned he had been set up, he assumed there was a violent fate meeting him, not death itself. And for what? Because he wasn't interested in having sex with his wife? Or maybe it was because he didn't agree with war and constant, continual, unnecessary violence. Either way, Murdo was a good man. A man that Ember... liked, actually. Hell, he was the one who ignited Ember's interest in men and made him understand his own sexuality.

So like hell was he going to stand back and allow him to be hung like this.

That said, he couldn't transform-- at least not fully, but he found he could at least do so enough to at least scare the shit out of a few people. It was the sort of midway transformation; a humanoid form that perfectly demonstrated the halfway point between his real form and his human one. As he stormed forward to help Murdo out, large wings ripped out from his back, bright red in colour and scaled in a reptilian fashion. Similarly, those reptilian scales hardened over a little of his skin, causing it to shine rather beautifully in the overhead sun. His eyes darkened to the same red, horns grew from his forehead and, with a few painful cracks and agonisingly loud snaps, his height seemed to jerk upwards until he stood at almost 7'0", shooting up amazingly in just a few long strides. He'd never actually done this before, so while it wasn't a full transformation, he was pretty downright amazed with himself when he felt the gust of wind his wings caused behind him. Frankly, if the situation wasn't so serious, he'd happily boast about how fucking cool this was.

"Get away from him. Do you freaks understand that he's mine? That you're disrespecting me by fucking around with him?" He growled, his voice deep and raspy as he moved to stand fiercely protectively beside Murdo, shooting him a sharp-toothed grin in the hopes of at least calming him down a tad. "I ain't letting none of you freaks lay a finger on him, or you're gonna have to go through me. I'm kinda hungry. A few barbecued humans sound nice, y'know. A light snack."

"Dragon!" A Viking shouted, all of the human running screaming in fear. However, some when to go get weapons to fight the strange beast off. Murdo looked at Ember his eyes wide. He didn't expect him to come to his rescue, and he never thought he would see him switch forms.

"...Ember cut this rope...We need to run before they come back with weapons. We can run now. We can run...Back to your land. I would have to leave now. They all know where I live, and I...Couldn't possibly stay there...Please take me to your land. I can be free there."

It really, really wasn't wise to take someone from the past to the future-- but then again, it wasn't wise to send those from the future back to the past either, and Opal had let that happen, so surely it wouldn't be too bad? It was either do that or stand back and watch the man he'd developed feelings for just get hung and left to die. Ember wasn't a bad person. Demons wouldn't care about something like this, and he was sure most of his family would just sit back and watch the public hanging-- but he couldn't do that. He may be the fuck-up, but he genuinely was more caring than most of his family put together.

Reaching out to grab the rope, he grabbed Murdo the moment the rope burned away in his hand, holding the now shorter human close with a brief smile down at him. "Don't get emasculate by this, doll. I'm simply doing this to get away quicker," he said ambiguously, before simply scooping the strong man into his arms - it made it easier to get away, and... well, he rather liked having this strong man easily lifted into his arms like this, and he reluctantly put him down when the cabin came into view. He would have picked Rudolph up too, because he sort of liked him as well, but he had to settle for simply gesturing him to follow for now. "We're going back to... where I'm from. Or, well, forward to where I'm from. Dude, just-- don't you have a freak out yeah? Just... Just hurry up."

When they arrived back to the home where Opal was waiting. She blinked when she saw him carrying Murdo. When Murdo was set down, his face was red in embarrassment. Of course, he didn't like being handled like a woman. Who would? Well, what man would want to be handled like a woman? "You do realize this is idiotic right?" Opal huffed as she reopened the portal. "Well, who am I to stop you?" She mumbled before snapping her fingers. Rudolph and Devin both dropped unconscious. "Those two won't remember anything." She then kicked them both into the portal.

Murdo looked at the portal nervously, his face paling a bit. Taking a deep breath, he jumped in, not knowing what could be waiting for him at the end of the portal. Opal looked at her cousin, rolling her eyes. "Your friends will end up back in their homes....As for the Viking and us? Well, you'll have to explain to your parents why you thought it was a great idea to bring a Viking home."

"Opal, dearest baby cousin, I got this, okay? Chill out. I wasn't gonna let the guy get hanged, alright? I like him, Opal. Considering you put me through all this fucking shit, I think the fact I made a friend out of it all is pretty damn great," grumbled the dragon as he let his human form reappear just as he casually wandered through the portal after Murdo. Explaining to him that he was in Hell around demons and had skipped to the future wouldn't be... easy, but he had plenty of time to explain.

When they finally returned to Hell, Murdo groaned, sitting up, before looking around. Obviously, a Viking would...Well, have a hard time believing his eyes. He was in a completely different dimension, and he was freaking out. His eyes widen and he looked around rapidly.

Opal rolled her eyes, snapping her fingers to knock him out. "You'll thank me later. You should get him to a room before he wakes up." Mumbled the girl wiping the dirt off her dress.

Cassy, who was sitting in the garden looked at the surprised before standing up and walking over angrily. "Where have you been, Ember? You were gone for an entire day! Daddy and Papa are worried!"