• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Babe, chill. He's drunk. It's fucking hilarious. You know he's much more fun when he's drunk? I ain't suddenly the loser's best friend, don't worry. I don't befriend the popular kids with their fancy lives, babe. Relax. You're still my number one, alright?" Sighed the dragon as he flopped down onto the floor, tugging his hood up just to try and conceal his identity a little more, just in case Cassy did come to find him.

He was also sure that Mark could make an appearance at some point. Mark was 18 and he'd just left school, so he wouldn't look out of place here. He sometimes arrived to make sure that his younger siblings were doing okay and, given Ember had just gotten out of the correctional camp, Mark arriving didn't seem like too far a stretch to make. Unfortunately.

She rolled her eyes, nudging him with her elbow with a bit of a smile. Looking over at the drunken Rudolph, she snorted a bit. "So you got him drunk? What a sly fox you are." Snickered the girl, offering him the joint with a smile. "Here, you deserve it. It's your treat for unlocking this hilarious part of Rudolph...We should totally get a picture of him smoking weed...And use it as blackmail when he's sober~" Smirked the girl deviously.

"That's fucking evil, Devin. Why would I do that? I ain't a bully or a douchebag to him, right? I wanted him to enjoy himself and goof off the night, stop being so damn serious. That's all. I ain't gonna use it to, like, make his life miserable. That's just fucking mean," he pointed out with a genuine frown on his face. Ember was the problem child, but he really wasn't a bully. He didn't hurt people unless they hurt him first. He was just... a rebel, but not at all a cruel, malicious person.

Hence why he didn't even think of exploiting Rudolph for some selfish, personal gain. It barely crossed his mind and, once it did, he shot the idea down completely.

"It's not mean, it's fun, ugh you never know how to have fun." She grumbled, rolling her eyes as she inhaled her smoke. "It wasn't like I was going to make his entire life hell. Make him do what I say for a few weeks before deleting the picture in front of him. Why do you have to make things so serious and unfun, I thought you were Ember, not Mark." She grumbled, crossing her arms.

"I am fun. Don't you fucking dare say I'm not fucking fun, Devin. That gets me right in the heart, that does," whined the dragon with a hand placed dramatically across his chest, only ending that theatrical little moment to take the joint and revel in the long drag he took from it. After everything he had gone through the last few days, a nice joint and a relaxing time was needed.

Assuming Devin stopped whining that he wasn't fun, anyway.

"It is cruel. It's fucking cruel and I ain't doing that shit. You do what you want but I ain't. It's not me being boring, it's me being a good guy. I wouldn't like someone doing that to me, Dev."

Rolling her eyes, she pulled out her phone. "Well, I'm going to do what I want~" She smirked. WAiting for Rudolph to have the joint in between his lips, she snapped the picture, smirking lightly at it. It wasn't clear why Devin hated the boy so much, but she did. She didn't like Rudolph because of his sister. His older sister, a while back stole her boyfriend. Not that the girl knew she was stealing anyone's boyfriend, but she accidentally did, and since the girl graduated, Devin didn't have anyone to pick on but her younger innocent brother. However, her tactics wouldn't begin until Monday. So Rudolph was safe for the weekend.

The next day was Seven's birthday. And as planned the siblings were going to be making their father breakfast. Cassy walked into Ember's room, jumping on his bed to wake his little brother up. Amazingly, he had all the energy in the world, even though he was out partying late last night. "Wakey, wakey Ember-poo~" Cooed the brother with a smile. "We have to make Daddy's birthday breakfast~"

Well, that's what three of the siblings had planned to do, at least. Ember hadn't been part of the planning process, and while he had given his agreement, he was prepared to turn his back on that the moment his brother came bounding energetically into his room. He was, quite clearly, in no mood to get up and start slaving away in the kitchen - he was face down amongst his pillows drooling sleepily into them while in nothing but his boxers.

Clearly, he wasn't prepared to get up out of his slumber.

"Fuck off, would you? Fuck right off, you little shit," he grumbled deeply into the pillow, tugging the duvet back up over his head to cocoon himself away. "Before I get mad, Cassy. Piss off."

"Always the disappointment I see." Mumbled a girl's voice from the doorway. In the doorway was Nissa's youngest child. Opal. Opal was a young, gorgeous girl. Her beauty was unrivaled with her peers. Hell, it even made Angelica uncomfortable. However just as beautiful she was on the outside, she was just as evil on the inside. She loved to manipulate, and at only ten years old she was a master at it. "Imagine Uncle Seven, waking up, seeing all of his children but one making him breakfast. The problem child, whom he bought so many gifts, and eagerly awaited his return from camp. The one he worried over constantly couldn't even muster up the effort to get out of bed and scramble some eggs for him....But why should he be surprised or upset? This would only be regular."

"Opal...Don't be mean to him, he was getting out of bed. He's just cranky is all." Grumbled Cassy grimacing at his young cousin. She was such a mean little thing, with such a sweet appearance.

"Oh was he know? Huh...It looked like he was going to stay in bed. If that's the case, I'm so sorry, Ember Wember." She sarcastically stated with a sweet smile. Walking over, she looked at her older cousin, blinking a bit. "You stink of alcohol...Out late being naughty?"

"You are ten! How do you even know what it smells like?" Groaned Cassy.

"No personal questions."
fa7feb2bfaa6e903ee4dcc7442d22306.jpg

Now, Ember really, really wasn't a cruel person. He wasn't a bully and nor did he go out of his way to be mean to someone - he only spoke in an insulting way if it was to defend himself and get back at someone who had insulted him. He especially wasn't cruel to his family. He may not be like Cassy, but he was close with his parents and he did want to look out for every member of his large family--

But that didn't mean he had to like them the whole time. Mark was too serious, Cassy was too extroverted, Angelica was often too damn weird. He loved them, but they annoyed him sometimes-- and that especially went for his cousins. Particularly Opal.

"I've told you before about coming in my room, haven't I? Didn't I threaten to rip out your tongue? Don't test me, little girl, I'll fucking do it," he grunted, glaring at her from his pillow-- but still made no effort to move. "I ain't making him breakfast, Cassy. Jeez, that's what little kids do for their parents, I ain't doing that. I don't really think he's gonna fucking cry about it. I've bought him a gift, I think he'll be happy with that, so now, both of you, piss off, please?"

"You think he won't be upset about it? Of course, he will, Uncle Seven is so sensitive." The young girl giggled, a small smirk on her face. Her giggled sounded haunting. Something you only hear in horror movies. Perching herself on his bed, ignoring all of his yellings to get out of the bed. "My dear cousins, you two and your other siblings are a sad excuse for demons. I mean you go to a human school. And you haven't even had your first kill. I've killed someone when I was six." Tutted the little girl. They were demons after all, and most demon children killed people. And when you live in a palace, there was plenty of servants and prisoners to torture.

"Our Papa doesn't like killing. He's an angel, you know this. Get out." Hissed Cassy, becoming annoyed with the little girl. He loved her dearly when she was being sweet. But when she acted like this, he wanted nothing more than to wring her little neck.

Opal looked up at Cassy's menacing sneer. Another giggle rang through the room as she got off the bed, her thick blonde hair softly swaying as she did. "Okay....I came in here to tell you guys something important. I've unlocked a secret new power. Mommy told me not to tell anyone. Because Only great great great grandpa could do it. I've learned to time travel." Opal wasn't lying. Somehow she was able to go to any set of time on Earth. Not many people knew of her power yet, but of course, she wanted to tell her cousins.

"Wait, who says I haven't had my first kill? I never said I haven't. You're kinda making yourself look like a dumb fucking bitch right now. Just 'cos I ain't killed anyone down here doesn't mean I haven't killed someone, period. And hey, what, am I supposed to jump outta bed and look at you wide-eyed 'cos you got a new power? I ain't exaggerating when I say I actually don't give a shit," admitted the teenager as he finally lifted his body out of bed, grimacing at just how tired and exhausted he felt. But the two were hardly going to let him get back to sleep, so reluctantly dragging himself from the bed to get changed was the only thing he could do right now.

"You think you're so fucking clever, don't you? Continue acting like a bitch, sweetheart. It ain't gonna get you far in life-- but what do I know, right? I'm the drunken fuck up of the family," he sarcastically drawled, shoving on some old t-shirt before nodding to his brother tiredly. "Let's just get this breakfast sorted. Then I'm going to Devin's for the day."

"You're leaving for the day? But it's Daddy's birthday." Whined Cassy, crossing his arms. "And you shouldn't call Opal...A bitch, she's only ten." He mumbled, looking down at the little girl, who was only smiling. She wanted a reaction. That's all.

"Hmm, maybe you aren't that much of a fuck up. And yes, you should be excited about my new power. I mean, just think of all the things we can see, and all the places we could go. Once I learn more about it, I think I might go back to the Dark Ages when Vikings and stuff were around. How fun will that be?" Asked the little girl, seeming more like a child at the moment. All she wanted to do was wake Ember up, and get him out of bed. Which she did. Prancing out the room, she looked back at him with a smile. "Or I could help you guys when the lottery, and stuff on Earth. We could have so much fun~"

"Let me get this through to you in a manner you might understand more," began Ember softly, his smile appearing on his lips-- which was never a good sign. That showed itself the moment he spun around and grabbed her shoulders hard, his nails digging into her unapologetically. What did he care if she got a little hurt, or if he was being too cruel to a child? She was constantly violent to servants - she deserved a little taste of her own medicine.

"Fuck out of my room, fuck off and don't come in my sight again or I'm really gonna be fucking pissed, got that little girl? I don't even consider you family at this point, I hate you that much. If I'm the fuck-up of the family, you're a step behind, because really, you're repulsive. Now skip away, darling," he snapped, lifting his face away from hers and casually strolling into his bathroom, like he hadn't just physically threatened his younger cousin.

"Sweetie, I'm this family's prodigy. I'm the real demon." Smirked the girl, her shoulders healing instantly. "But don't worry, I still love you, dearest Ember. I love you so much that...You'll be my test~" Giggling she stuck out her tongue before living the room happily. Oh she was going to test him alright. Cassy watched the little girl skip out the room, before looking over to his youger brother with a grimace.

"...Why would you threaten her? I mean sure she annoys me too, but she's still family. Family first, remember that's our motto...Are you really going to Devin's all day? You could at least hug Daddy and tell him you love him. You know that'll mean the world from him. He's a simple man." Smiled Cassy in thought as he sat on Ember's bed. "Well, anyway~ I have a new boyfriend so-" Cassy went on and on about his gorgeous new boyfriend who he claimed was 'the one', but he would surely be done with him in a few months. He fell in love far to easily.

After the birthday breakfast, and opening of gifts, Devin was waiting in her bedroom. She got a text from her best friend saying that he was coming over, so she told him to climb through her window, and that her dad was home. Her dad was a very strict man. No boys were allowed over at all. He wanted his daughters to be pure, and sweet. However that train left ages ago. Devin lost her virginity at only fifteen. What can I say? Strict parents make sneaky ass children.

Which is what Ember did. He gave Seven a hug, told him how much he meant to him as a father and a friend, and generally played the role as a loving son pretty excellently-- not that it was a performance. He adored his father a lot and he simply let down that tough exterior to show him that for an hour, before Oscar dragged his husband away for a 'birthday bath'-- though Ember was fairly sure that meant sex, so he wisely chose to leave the castle and Hell at that point to spend time with his best friend.

Which was where he was now, climbing through the window with that devilish grin on his face and flopping onto her bed. He didn't get on well with her father, and he was a boy, which meant that sneaking in like this was the only option available to him.

"I'm surprised you wanna hang out. I thought you'd be all up in Jamie's business-- I saw you and him make out last night. Jamie fucking Thomas, Devin. You could do better than that fucking perfect jock, y'know. But hey, I ain't judging. I got off with Savannah last night and she's the fucking preppiest cheerleader in the school. Great body though so I can't complain~"

"Ew Savannah? Isn't she like obsessed with you? GReat, and now you've had sex with her huh? She's going to be going crazy over you. And Jamie the Jock was an accident, so we don't speak about him ever again." She grimaced, shivering at the thought. She hooked up with the jock last night, because well...He was fucking gorgeous, but he was the biggest idiot. All beauty, no brains. Sitting up, she smirked and showed her the picture of Rudolph smoking weed.

"Remember this? You know, before you ditched me to fuck a cheerleader. Well, I know what I'm going to make our goody two shoes do. I'm gonna make him steal beer from the store for me. It'll be so funny to watch him get all scared and frantic." She smirked. "If only it was his stupid sister in his place." Of course, Ember knew why Devin hated Rudolph's sister. Rudolph's sister, Vixen. Yup, she was named after one of Santa's reindeer too. Their parents' first met at Christmas and cutely named their kids after reindeer. But anyway, Vixen stole Devin's boyfriend. Now Vixen was a sweet girl. She had no idea she stole someone's boyfriend. But she did and Devin blamed her for that. Vixen graduated last year, so all that was left to torture was her little brother Rudolph.

"You're not still going on about that, are 'ya? Seriously, babe, that's... it's cruel, ain't it? You're punishing the kid because of what his sister did. Everyone loves my brother Cassy, and I'm a real shit to some of his friends, yet they don't take that out on him. That'd be unfair. You're being unfair," sighed the teenager, shaking his head physically at the very realisation that the girl wasn't letting bygones be bygones, nor had she let this ridiculous idea go. He knew her well enough to know that when she had an idea, she very rarely let it go without enacting upon it.

He didn't agree with her and he'd tried his best to dissuade her, but she was like a dog with a bone sometimes with things like this.

"...Fine, but I'm fucking staying out of this, got that? I don't want to be a bully. You can be one all you want, love."

"Oh shut up, let's go." Huffed the girl, smirking lightly. She pulled on her beat up sneaker, before sneaking out her window, easily climbing down. Once she was out of her house, she since Rudolph the picture. She knew she would have to send him the picture in order to get him to meet up with them. She told him to meet her out at the park, and don't tell anyone or the picture would get out.

So as expected, Rudolph met up with them, his face red with anger and embarrassment. "What the hell, Devin?! Why...Why would you take a picture like that?! Are you in on this too?!" He yelled, angry tears in his eyes.

"Aww Rudolph the red nose loser is about to cry~ Listen dipshit if you want the pictures to disappear, I suggest you listen to what I have to say." Smirked Devin, crossing her arms. "Now, all you have to do is steal some beer for me from the store."

"Why? That's dumb, I could get in trouble!"

"Precisely." Smirked the girl. And as the two of them argued back and forth, a bystander stood not too far away, watching the scene.

Opal. The ten-year-old girl was eager to test her power, far too eager to wait until Ember was alone. Besides, why should she care if humans got mixed up in this? Whispering a little spell, and waving her small hands, the ground beneath the three's feet caved in and they all dropped into a portal before they knew what hit them. Grinning at her work, she ran over and jumped into the portal after them closing.

Rudolph and Devin had no clue what happened. Both of them screamed, looking down beneath as colors past them, stretching and warping their visions. Finally, they hit the ground with a hard thud. Slowly, Rudolph sat up, coughing from how badly his chest hurt. His eyes looked around frantically, wondering what happened. All of the sudden they were in a forest. It was night, and he had never seen the night this dark before, and nor had he seen so many stars above. He could actually see the milky way. The forest around them was bound to have life in it since he heard howls of wolves. TRembling in fear he looked at the two. "...I...I'm dreaming...This is...This is some fucked up dream."

Devin looked around, her head still spinning. Blinking she realized they were no longer in a park...But a forest. A really dark, and scary forest. Why was it so dark? She had no idea they were no in the 10th century. There weren't any lights.

Unlike the humans he was accompanying, Ember wasn't as confused or as scared as they were. Of course, for a few minutes, he was. For a few minutes, he blearily glanced around, eyes wide as he took in just where he was and what had happened--

But then he quickly realised that this had Opal's name written all over it. She had vowed that she'd test her new gift out on him, and while he hadn't taken her seriously, she had clearly kept to her word. And there was nothing he could do about it. He didn't have the gift she did. He couldn't magic himself back to the present day, to his family back at the castle. He was, effectively, stuck-- and stuck with his best friend and Rudolph. They'd been witness to this inhuman magic, and... well, he'd planned on telling Devin one day who and what he was, but he hadn't planned on doing that this soon.

"...Look, this is gonna sound fucking weird, but my-- this is my cousin's fault, alright? Just-- she's a fucking little bitch," he growled, fiercely glancing around before grabbing Devin carefully by the shoulders in an effort to calm her - he didn't remotely care about Rudolph right ow. "Babe, look at me. We'll be alright, 'kay? My cousin's just-- she'll get bored soon and put this right and then I'll make sure you forget all about this shit. Promise. Come on, relax, we're... I'll protect 'ya. Wherever we are, whatever this is-- just stick with me. I'm not... I... I can protect you with my eyes blindfolded, seriously."

Devin didn't understand anything he was saying. His cousin's fault? How...What? She just held her forehead, looking around the dark forest. "H-How...How..." Was all she could get out. Rudolph noticed that they weren't alone...At least not anymore. He saw fire. It was getting closer, but it was contained somehow. As it got closer he realized it was a torch.

It was a man on a horse, holding a torch. The man was big and looked very strong. He had hair the color of the fire, that was wild and curly. He wore old clothing of course, and what looked like a wolf's fur around him. His topaz eyes were wide with shock as he looked at the trio. They were an odd bunch.

Rudolph gulped looking over at Ember, wondering if he could poorly explain this two. Before anyone could say anything, the man hopped off the horse, holding the torch closer to the trio to get a better look. "....You three ain't from around these parts are ye... Traveling in this forest without a torch is asking for death." He told them. Amazingly, they all could understand him. Perks of Opal's magic. "...What's with the strange clothing?"
3d031f020c0e4478fa18a1f7672ae045.jpg