Dusting himself off with a faint grimace on his lips at Opal's abrupt behaviour, he managed to somehow catch Murdo before he collapsed onto the ground, scooping him back up into his arms. Holding him up was a little more difficult now he wasn't in his half-dragon form, but he still managed to do so, holding him up with a tired sigh once he realised Cassy was talking and squeaking at him, which he chose to respond to by glancing down at him and rolling his eyes.

"Difficult to explain, but here's the summary: Opal sent me back in time, this guy saved me from a pack of wolves possibly ripping me apart, his village hates him, he was going to get hanged until I swooped in and helped him aaand now he's here because I wasn't prepared to leave him there. Oh, and he's also someone I kinda fancy, so I'm officially bisexual now, I guess. Like there needs to be more guys in this family who like guys, but whatever, I can't help it," shrugged the younger brother, absently smiling down at Murdo. "Look, I wasn't gonna leave him there, Cassy. I'll... clean him up a bit, teach him about our time and we'll talk about history-- we can study together 'cos I'm shit with history too. I'll be learning as much as he does."

Cassy was looking over the human with desire in his eyes. It was no secret the man was gorgeous. He then looked up at his younger brother arching a brow as he crossed his arms. "...Sweetie, this...Isn't allowed. The only humans that come here are dead for a reason, don't you think? Humans die if they're here too long...I don't even think this has been done before." He mumbled trying to think back to a time it was done.

However, he heard Mark voice in the distance and jumped a bit. "...Alright. I'll help you. Only because this human is one handsome man~ Anyway, go. I'll distract him, Ember." He mumbled before hurrying to go distract their older brother. Murdo would awake until another hour. When the human awoke, his bright curly red hair was all over the place. He pushed the locks out of his face, before stretching his muscular arms. Looking around he groaned, wondering where he was.

Now, he was extremely thankful for his brother's help. He needed someone to help him while he figured out what to do, his main idea being taking the human to earth so he wouldn't internally burn to death. However, seeing the way Cassy eyed the Viking, with all that desire and lust, didn't sit well. He hadn't known Murdo for more than a day, but he liked him regardless. This was the first man he'd ever developed real feelings for. He was the guy that made Ember realise he was bisexual-- and he didn't want his romance-loving big brother to get his devious little claws in him.

He forced all that aside when the Viking came into consciousness, the teen grinning wide at him once he realised he didn't seem to be damaged or in agony.

"Well, hello mister Viking," he purred playfully, resting his arms behind his head as he observed him from his desk. "...Look, don't think about this too much. I had to get you to safety so we... came to where I'm from. It's Hell. I assume you Vikings are aware of Hell and stuff? I'm from Hell-- I ain't gonna fucking kill you, don't stress out. I'm here to help. Ironically, I'm like a guardian angel-- I'm part angel, so it sort of works."

"Oh...Okay..." Was all the man could say. What else could he say he was...Well in shock. He was in Hell? Ember was a dragon but part angel? It was all confusing and strange. But Murdo didn't freak out. Ember saved him from being hanged so he couldn't be a bad guy. Standing up, he walked around the large room, his eye wide in shock. "...This room...It's...It's amazing." HE whispered, having never seen anything like it.

"Huh? Oh yeah, pretty rad, right? Technically, I'm sort of a Prince down here. My grandparents are the King and Queen, so... yeah. I'd like to say I'm a big deal, but I kinda fuck things up a lot so most people don't take me that seriously," shrugged the dragon as he flopped to the bed, watching Murdo walk around with wide, amazed eyes. "...Look, we can go to Earth, the human world, really soon. You'll get sick down here if you're here too long-- besides, you'll love it up there. Another thing I guess I should mention is that we're sort of... in the future, I guess-- I can't explain 'cos it'll blow your mind or just confuse the shit outta 'ya but my cousin sent me back to your time and so this is, for you I guess, the future-- look, dude, I can teach you about history and what's happened and all that, but first we gotta get you neatened up a little. Do you wanna borrow some clothes? Some modern clothes? My brother Mark is probably your size and stuff."

Murdo's eyes looked around before he finally looked back at the prince. "...What are..Modern clothes?" Six months later, Murdo was living on Earth.He couldn't live in Hell with Ember for obvious reasons. However, Cassiel and Marco had helped their grandson out. They made fake IDs and certificates so Murdo could get a job on Earth. As well as lending him money to buy a place. Murdo worked as a lumberjack. It fit him perfectly. It was a job that didn't require him to cut his hair, which he refused to do, and he was very strong, so being a lumberjack was perfect for him.

His apartment wasn't far from Ember's school, so Ember could always visit him. The two had become pretty close. Murdo learned quickly how to adapt to this new modern world. It was crazy to think he was...Well from an era that happened over a thousand years ago, but he rather liked this modern age. Sometimes it was far too noisy for him, but Murdo could handle it. Murdo often liked meeting Ember at school, and of course, now many girls and boys alike had a crush on the tall strong man with wild curly hair. He was gorgeous.

Devin and Rudolph didn't remember any of the trip. So that much was great. Currently, Rudolph was walking Ember out of the school, handing him his notes. "Here you go. Study this. You'll pass, alright?" He smiled a bit before his eyes went to the lumberjack at the school gates. Murdo wore a red plaid shirt with blue jeans, and boots. His curly red hair was in a ponytail, and his beard was nicely trimmed. Rudolph blushed lightly before shoving the notes into his hands. "Well here you go, you're boyfriend's waiting for you." He mumbled, before quickly walking off.

In six months, the instantaneous friendship he had struck up with Murdo became almost unbreakable. He genuinely felt himself falling deeper in love with the man by the day. Sure, Ember was still that annoying, rebellious piece of shit he'd always been, but he liked Murdo. He showed the man more... vulnerable aspects to his personality. He would often sit with him watching corny TV shows and just laughing with him with bowls of ice cream balanced on their laps. He hadn't quite come out and told him that he liked him, though he knew he probably should. Among the dozens of humans who inevitably fancied him, there was also Cassy-- and it would genuinely infuriate him if his older brother got his claws into Murdo before he got to tell the man how he felt.

"You know, you gotta stop meeting me like this. People are gonna start talking," he laughed, throwing his school bag across his shoulder with a wide grin over at the red-haired man. "...What's the plan, then? We gonna just hang out at your place?"

"Well is there anything else you wanted to do?" He asked, standing up straight from his leaning position. "...It's crazy that your woman and.....I mean your friends don't remember me. I saw Devin...She didn't even wave. I thought that's how you say hello." He mumbled with a somber look on his face before shaking his head. "Anyway, none of that matters. I was thinking we could head to my home....Are you staying the night?" If anyone knew how older Ember was, they would see the problem in this.

Ember was barely sixteen years old. And Murdo was twenty...Well technically he was like nine hundred and something years old, but to an outsider, he was twenty! It didn't look good. But thankfully, Ember looked much older than sixteen. But that wouldn't stop his peers from talking about his hot older boyfriend. "We could probably have dinner in my home and watch shows. I've made a friend at work. He wants to get drinks sometimes." He mumbled, taking his bookbag for him as they began to walk.

"I can't sleep over, my folks aren't too thrilled about that. Don't get me wrong, they like 'ya, but you're older than I am. They ain't gonna let me sleep over your place with you. I mean, they had four children before they were even 18, but god forbid I do something as harmless as sleep over my mate's house," sighed Ember, clearly not approving of his parents' strict stance. He'd asked to stay over at Murdo's before, and they'd refused. Sure, he could just disobey and rebelliously sleep over Murdo's anyway... but he didn't want to risk his parents never letting him see him again.

Murdo meant too much to him to risk fucking it up over some selfishly-motivated act.

"You have a friend who wants to have drinks-- that's nice, dude. I mean... yeah... what's he like?"

"He's a nice fella. He has a son, and he's shown me a few pictures of em. He's about twenty-seven years old, so he ain't that much older than me. We're going out for drinks tomorrow night after work. You could still come to my house after school tomorrow, I won't drink too much." He smiled as he walked looking at the cars. Cars still amazed him. They moved so quickly and without horses! It was crazy how much the world changed. And get this...The world is round! How unbelievable! He didn't understand how, but the world was round.

He ran his fingers through his curly locks before wrapping a strong arm around Ember's shoulders. "Tell me about school. Did you have fun?" He asked looking down at him with a kind smile.

Was he a little worried that this 27 year-old man might be a little too close and too interested in Murdo? Well, yeah. Definitely-- but he forced himself to be mature and not stress out too much. Men could be friends without anything dodgy going on. He was friends with a lot of guys and he didn't necessarily want to jump into bed with them, so he owed Murdo that trust that he could have friends and it be perfectly platonic.

Besides, he and Murdo weren't even dating-- yet. He planned to tell him how he felt soon, when the time was right.

"I don't see why I gotta go to this fucking school. I'm, like, a Prince in Hell. Why I have to go to a pathetic human school amazes me, but my folks are into this shit. I just gotta put up with it, I guess."

"Well...Think of it this way, if you didn't go to school here, you wouldn't see me as much, right?" He tried to brighten his situation with a smile. His arm that was around his shoulders squeezed lightly, smiling down at him. Did Murdo know that Ember was basically...In love with him? No, not at all. He was...Well, an idiot when it came to feelings. He didn't know that Ember was in love with him. Besides he was still trying to get used to this modern world.

When they finally reached his small apartment, he set his keys down in the key bowl. Ember had told him to do that. Ember basically taught him everything on how to live in the modern world, so he was thankful for that. Walking over to the couch, he sat Ember's bookbag down on the side before plopping down on the couch with a sigh. "Mmmhm...Do you want a beer? I have some beer in the fridge." He mumbled, not knowing that teens shouldn't drink. Everyone drank in his era.

That wasn't really something Ember had bothered to correct. When Murdo first offered him a beer, oblivious to the fact Ember was underage, Ember had done little to convince him otherwise. He drank alcohol anyway and he'd built up a good tolerance of it, so he was happy to take a beer and hang out with the man he liked - it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun if he was sat drinking orange juice.

"So, you've been here a while now, dude. Any cute guys catch your eye? It's totally cool here, you know that. You can go grab the cutest guy and make out to your heart's content."

"I've seen one guy." He mumbled as he laid on the couch, playing with a strand of his hair. "But it wasn't anything major. I just thought he was handsome, he isn't much of my type." Said Murdo as he sat up, reaching for the beer as he popped it open. Sipping from it, he looked around blinking a bit. "I'm not too worried about it right now. I want to get settled in. Maybe next year I'll try and...Um, romance someone?" He mumbled.

"You liked a guy? That's... cool, dude. I mean, yeah, take your time and shit, but you shouldn't be insecure or nothin'. You're real handsome, everyone at my school says so. I know my brother has a... huge crush on you," he admitted casually, hoping to at least get Murdo laughing in ridiculousness at the idea. If he saw Murdo laugh at the idea of dating Cassy, say that the boy was simply a good friend, it would definitely relax Ember and make im a hell of a lot more comfortable.

"Really? Huh." Was Murdo's response. He didn't laugh nor seem interested. Simply...Surprised. Murdo didn't expect to catch so many people's eyes if he were honest. He didn't think of himself as good looking. He thought he was more...average than anything. His ex-wife, Ailsa, often told him how hideous he was, and how she hated being married to him. So he never thought he was handsome. Sitting up, he looked at Ember.

"Do you think I'm handsome?" He asked randomly. "It's just...I never thought it myself, but so many people think I'm handsome, o I was wondering if you're one of those people."

Freezing a little at the abrupt and direct question, the younger boy took a long swig from his beer for a little courage before flopping down onto the couch beside the human. It still wasn't particularly easy to come out with the truth and how he felt, but what better chance was he going to have than right now?

"...You're handsome, definitely," he finally murmured, using the beer in his hand as a distraction, pretending to find great interest in the label around the bottle. "I mean, I've always thought that. I... more or less warn most of my friends away from you. Devin's got the hots for you too and I have to fucking threaten her to stay away sometimes."

Hearing this caused him to chuckle a little, before realizing he was serious. "...You warn people away from me? So...You must...You want to bed me?" He asked surprised, his topaz eyes wide in shock. Ember actually liked him. That was crazy. Murdo always found Ember to be gorgeous himself, but he didn't think Ember would be okay with being the....Submissive one in the relationship. So he didn't think Ember would like him. But...It was obvious that he did like him. "...If you want, Ember....I'm fine with bedding you, but...Are you fine with it?"

"Holy shit, dude. 'Bedding'? Like, sex? I mean, god, yeah, I don't mind, I mean, I'd like that, but I didn't think you'd be, like, this into me, enough to want to have-- Jeez," he breathed out slowly, his eyes genuinely widened in surprise. At best, he hoped for a sympathetic smile and maybe some meek agreement that, yes, he liked him but wasn't ready. That was what he assumed what happen.

He hardly anticipated Murdo liking him back like this, to this extent.

"Just... drink your beer, yeah? We'll see how we feel after I'm a little buzzed up, but-- hey, do you like me, then? I mean, duh. I'm a dragon, a literal Prince, immortal and all that jazz. I'm kinda a big deal, huh~? Then again, you're a real fucking Viking, so... you're maybe the coolest."

"...I don't mean bedding right now, what I mean is...Would you be okay with...Being the female when the time comes." He asked, his cheeks flushed lightly. "I admit I have feelings for you, and they have grown over the month. But I chose to ignore them because you didn't seem like you would be okay being taken by me. If you aren't okay with it, we can wait, sex isn't a priority. But..I hope we can do the things couples in this time still do."