Status
Not open for further replies.
My character is following Cojack, I was just waiting for a response from Zarrock to continue, but I can post if need be. I just dont have any good material to work with.

My character is following Cojack, I was just waiting for a response from Zarrock to continue, but I can post if need be. I just dont have any good material to work with.
Fair enough, Zarrock has been busy from what he's told me.

Zarrock has been busy from what he's told me.
Sorry guys!!!! I've been meaning to post for the past few days, but I just haven't had the time. I'll start working on a post right now. No promises I'll get it done, but it's a start!

• Thank You
Reactions: Squee and Ayla
I'll be posting a bit later today :P, needa get ready for my first character interaction with @Greenie

Okeedokee :3 I shall be waiting :3

Wow busy day xD I'm gonna watch a movie and call it a night, if you wanted to ask anything today now is your chance.

What movie? :P

I don't know yet...

Welp Have fun! :)

Reactions: Squee
Gonna go to bed now :( It's not that late but I wanna sleep.

*waves* Hello!

Name: Svana Izar
Race: Human, with distant dragoon relatives.
Diamond Color: Gold
Appearance:
b899708d6ca0463ad04190f0f59d0b38.jpg

Svana is a woman of medium height at 5'6", with long, curly brown hair and dark eyes. Although her dragoon blood is distant, the lady has ivory ram horns just above her ears, as well as fingers that end in claws and a thin, black tail that reaches past her feet. Her skin is smoother than the average human's, perhaps due to the presence of small, iridescent scales that are difficult to notice at first glance. Thick scars coat her neck, though she is careful to keep them covered with a scarf to avoid Roth's distaste for imperfection. Thin golden chains around her wrists and ankles also mark Svana as a member of the royal harem.

Weapon(s): With a place in Roth's household but outside of his guard, there are few opportunities for Svana to obtain any manner of weaponry. However, she is familiar with the quarterstaff, and is strong and clever enough to manage most other weapons.

Personality: Life in Roth's harem has turned what was once a happy, spirited girl into a careful, mistrustful woman. Given the constant abuse of living in the castle, Svana is slow to warm up to new people, but can recognize genuine kindness when -or more accurately, if- she sees it. She tends to make snap judgments based on first impressions, and takes some convincing to deviate from said judgments; and since misjudging a person in Roth's household can have disastrous consequences, Svana is usually correct in her assumptions. She has a critical eye, an occasional stubborn streak, and of course the hard and bitter heart of a woman who is punished for every show of weakness.

If by some miracle one is able to grow close to Svana, they will see a gentler side of her that expresses itself in small but meaningful ways; a kind glance, a soft touch- oddities that have not yet been beaten out of her in the harem. She is always willing to listen to her adopted sisters' problems, and is trusted with their secrets- partially because she is physically forced to keep them, and partially because of her quiet, understanding nature. She has a soft spot for the abused, the downtrodden, and the abandoned, because, just like herself, she knows they all have the desire for a better but unlikely future.

Skills:
Body language: Although she has no voice, Svana has learned how to communicate via body language, and consequently can understand others' feelings and intentions after even a quick glance.
Lightness-of-feet: Since her introduction to the harem, Svana has learned how to move very quickly and quietly; it is in her best interest to remain unnoticed as often as possible.
Trades: Svana was raised in the presence of several trades: her mother taught her how to dye cloth, her father taught her farming, and her brothers taught her the basics of small metalworking (jewelry, etc) and weaponry.
Intelligence: The hybrid is quick to pick up on new ideas and concepts.
Strength: With some dragoon blood in her, Svana has enhanced human strength (although nowhere near the strength of a full-blooded dragoon).

Magic: After obtaining her diamond, Svana has found that she is able to be not only quiet but completely silent. Her footsteps make no noise, and she can traverse the castle halls completely unnoticed. Other than this, however, the lady has not discovered any other special abilities.

History: As the years passed and the Lord Tyrant tightened his grip on Rothendust, the Izar family farm began to struggle more and more under the weight of poor, cramped living conditions. Svana's older brothers, Atticus, Tymund, and Rhoshe, were each born into dark poverty, each trained in a dying trade (for newer, magical, and more efficient means of farming were being developed every year), and each imparted with the unspoken understanding that life would never be fair to them. When Svana was born, roughly 25 years into the reign of Roth, Tymund and Rhoshe had given up farming to learn more profitable trades, while Atticus and her parents struggled to keep the family farm afloat.

Like many children growing up in the slums of Rothendust, Svana's childhood was short, sad, and dirty, though she never regarded it as such. She learned how to tend thin livestock, grow shriveled vegetables, and patch holes in her own threadbare clothing; and, in secret, practiced fighting techniques with Tymund and small metal craftmanship with Rhoshe. Her grandmother taught her how to read and write, and her mother showed her how to dye cloth using weeds around the city. For Svana, life was still full of possibilities; but her father Zhohan had become bitter and hard, having been given a glimpse of true happiness some 40 years ago, before Roth had ever shown his face where it did not belong.

In response to farmers' increasing resistance, Roth raised the taxes on meat and produce grown by local farmers, as his own household resources were unaffected (being supplied with little effort by magic). One by one, the local farms failed until only a handful were left; met by continued resistance, Roth then ordered the remaining farms offer one child in service to his Lord Tyrant's household to ensure the farmers' compliance. Outraged, the farmers staged a feeble coup, supported by a few tradesmen who had had enough with Roth's insatiable desire for control.

Well after midnight on the third day of the coup, Svana woke with a loud BANG BANG; three large dragoon soldiers had knocked down the thin front door and were dragging her father outside, while Atticus shouted and her mother shrieked senselessly. Without thinking, Svana leaped on the muscular arm gripping her father's dirty nightshirt, using her full strength to try and hold it back. With one slash of a claw, however, the 15-year old was laying face-up on the ground, blood pooling in several newly-made cavities on her neck. The terrified face of her mother was the last thing Svana remembered before waking in Roth's castle, surrounded by cold walls and cold hearts.

Svana never learned of her family's fate, though, to be fair, she rarely had the energy to fully contemplate her own. Once her throat wound had healed, leaving her without a intelligible voice, she was taken into Lord Roth's harem in service to the Lord Tyrant (and as an added spite to her grieving family). She entered the harem as a lower-level servant, and was taught by the other women how to survive living in Roth's estate. In her free time, Svana wandered the castle and made connections with other servants while she still had some measure of innocence. Life wasn't terrible for members of the harem; they were pampered more than other members of the household, and had the freedom to go where they pleased provided they informed the guard where they were going. At age 18, however, Svana was made a gedik, or adult member of the harem, and quickly began to lose all hope for the future. She learned how to adapt and survive, of course, but once those cruel hands had touched her for the first time Svana was never the same. The lady fell deep into depression, though her muteness and curly ram horns made her one of the Lord Tyrant's favorite women.

After seven long years, word of her grandmother's death permeated the cruel castle walls, and Svana made a brief, undocumented escape to see her mother. Although she did not end up finding her mother (the old farm had been long since abandoned and repopulated), Svana DID find something unexpected: a stranger, a diamond, and a chance for change.

I have read the rules and understand them.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome :D. We're pretty inactive during weekends though, judging from pervious weekends, everyone's pretty quiet.

Reactions: girlabot
@girlabot Lovely character, she's accepted and added to the roster.

This roleplay is now closed until further notice.

Yeah it's been quiet but I'm determined to keep things moving! Thankfully day 1 is ending soon and anyone that is deemed inactive will be easy to hijack and write out.

@AceSorcerer If I do not hear from you when it comes time for your post I will hijack your character and sum up the day. If I still do not hear from you I will send your character on an expedition for information.

What a lovely new character. It's interesting seeing all the different backgrounds coming together.

I've been rather busy, I will be able to post tomorrow.

About Guard Duties!

Town Patrol:
There is a squad of guards that wander around the city watching the citizens managing crime, they act as a basic police force. As these guards are formed by the civilians they are generally more mild in their nature, they typically choose to enforce basic laws and keep people safe from the others around them. Racial tension proves to be a problem among civilians, but the guard itself is formed from a plentiful mix of all races. Their captain is an Esper crafted specifically for patrol duty in mind.

Anti-Rebellion Squad:
Working within the city walls the anti rebellion squad consists mostly of dragoons and work directly under Roth as a force that is free to do as they please provided they control any rising rebellions. Theis squad of guards have grown to be feared even to people that have no interest in a rebellion. It is common to see them doing Roths dirty work. They are lead by Captain Deuk.

Wall Guard:
The wall guard are the ones that walk along the paths that sit atop the walls that border the city of Rothendust. These guards have the basic yet challenging duty of defending the walls they patrol. These guards are very racially diverse, though there are many more kindred by night than any other race. This is the most dangerous guard duty as the city is under constant threat of attacks, their secondary duty is to notify Lord Tyrant Roth about any threats that are simply too dangerous for them to handle themselves. The Wall Guard captain is a human female, Herleva Asler. (This is what Belyavor does.)

Royal Guard:
Residing in Roths home are many servants and many people to manage, as such he keeps around a squad of guards that exist to defend against any fights that happen within the walls of Roths home. Not only is this squad made up of cruel beings, but they are ordered to be cruel people by Roth himself, they exist to control the people, not only the servants within the walls. These guards wear a special emblem on their armor signifying they have more power than the other 3 squads. These guards are lead by Roth directly.

Hey, @Squee quick question. How tall exactly is the wall around Rothendust? Cuz in my head, I'm imagining something like the wall from Attack on Titan,
rSFLJj9.jpg

But I think that's more than a little excessive. So, how tall are the walls?

You see that line in the middle of the wall? Just about there.

Status
Not open for further replies.