Bloodline

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She wasn't surprised the man had reached out and grabbed her arm. Her suspicions about Mr. Sexy Hunk were confirmed. He just wanted her body. For a split second, her hazel eyes widened in shock. How on God's Earth did he know her name? She didn't say anything about that. "Sorry sir, you've got the wrong girl!" she exclaimed, as if the situation was more of a comical one than a serious one. "I don't know who the hell you are, but dragging me by the arm never did you any good!" She tried to yank her arm away and roundhouse kick the man in his balls, but found that she pulled a muscle in her arm instead and it was a bit difficult to kick someone while they were moving.

Talk about lightning grip.

Kadence resorted to the typical tactic: getting everyone's attention by screaming. "Oh my god, get off of me! Leave me alone, sex offender!" She tried to pull her arm away as the stranger led her to the doors. Her screaming seemed to do the trick. People glanced up, glanced at Dario, then looked around at each other. "Don't just fucking stand there! Get this man off of me!" she snapped as he walked out of the doors. A few people began to take action. One looked like they were going to call the police, a few more decided to get up and go after the man. Kadence grimaced; what was turning out to be a perfect night had to be ruined by this bozo.

"I don't know who you are, but don't even think about running, sir. I bet everyone's calling the cops on you."

Interaction: Dario @♦Justin T. Jones♦™
Mention: None

• Love
Reactions: Justin
♚ CANDICE DE LEON AND LILITH STREISCH ♚
Collaborative Post ♚ Tagged: @Spectre of the Fade @MisterGrumpyLoli
Bare feet made little noise as they walked across the cemetery's broken pavement, their owner taking her sweet time approaching the man she'd chased all the way from the French Quarter. Her prey was panting. The chase was not a short one, and he had run far too fast at all the wrong moments. No conservation of energy, no dirty tricks, no attempts to escape her line of sight and get away. He'd simply run, right into the jaws of the wolf that chased him. For Candice did not tire easily and she could herd prey as well as any sheepdog.

Now they were here.

Candice drew closer to her prey. He retreated in a feeble attempt to keep distance between them, too tired to run but still struggling to get away. He was a coward, but he was a dedicated one, and she could admire that. It wouldn't save him from his fate, though.

"Sweetheart, your instructions were simple," Candice murmured as she drew closer. She was aided in the effort when her prey stepped wrong and overbalanced, toppling to the ground. The heels that dangled from her left hand clacked together when she placed a bare foot on his chest. "Follow the Original. Track her movements, and report back to me." He made some pitiful sounds that may have been words, but she didn't grant him the courtesy of listening. "This is not the first time you've lost track of a target, Mason, nor the first time you've failed to obey my instructions. The punishment must be as severe as the offense."

Her prey made more noises, but still Candice paid no attention. She crouched carefully so as to not dirty her dress, her knee replacing her foot on his chest. He was struggling, now, knowing what was coming, but he wouldn't be able to prevent it. She took the item of his atonement from his face with her own bare hand. There was no ado, no fuss or hesitation, and she made sure to pluck his eye out in one whip-quick motion. More for her own sake than his. There was mess, however, and her prey certainly did not bear the pain well. At least none of it got on her dress.

"Gray, Miles? Clean this up," Candice ordered over her prey's shocked yelps as she stood, allowing the miserable man to roll about on the ground with his hands pressed to his face. The orders were directed at the pair who appeared during the gruesome scene like ghosts in the night. They were her loyal cleaners, an odd pair that worked together nearly as well as they did their work. She trusted them with her reputation, trusted them to dispose of everything cleanly, and she was lucky they'd deigned to follow her to New Orleans. She was equally lucky she'd had the forethought to instruct them to follow her tonight.

"I'm not fixing that up," Gray declared with a wave at the man on the ground, flipping her hair over her shoulder as she pulled on her gloves.

"It's your turn, darlin," Miles responded, setting down a duffle bag that contained the tools of their profession, then offered a wet wipe and an umbrella to Candice with a polite smile on his face.

"It is not! I patched up that last human."

"That last human was six weeks ago. It's your turn."

Candice smiled softly then left the pair to their bickering and their work, cleaning her hand with the wipe before leaving the cemetery. She waited until she was on a decent street before putting her heels back on. Twas a nice night to roam the streets, what with the smell of rain in the air.

She'd made it all the way into the French Quarter when a sudden scream tore through the air. It was nearby, close enough that Candice only had to spend a handful of seconds searching before she found the source in an alley.

The scene within was enough to force her to stop dead, eyes roving over the creatures, their victim, then finally the source of the madness. A vampire, it seemed. Candice let the woman finish her feeding and complete the macabre display she made of the corpse, undisturbed by the lot of it. She'd seen things just as terrible, and done some that approached it. Nothing quite so messy, however.

"Good evening," Candice said by way of greeting when it seemed the other woman was quite done. "Your illusions are impressive."

Lilith turned around upon hearing a voice behind her. Her eye was a deep red as she licked the last bits of blood off her lips. She was about to charge at the person behind her but calmed down when she saw who they were.

Lilith's eye returned to it's normal color as she saw the beauty of the woman behind her that praised her illusions. She giggled cutely and twisted a strand of her hair around her finger.

"Why thank you. I love using them as a hunting method. It makes people suffer badly, and I love suffering. Improves the tastes of a puny human's blood after an adrenaline rush"

Lilith smiled and took the bottom part of her dress lifting it up slightly as she made a bow before the woman.

"Anyhow. My name is Lilith Schtreisz. I'm from Germany. My age is around 400 now and I am proud to be who I am."

Candice let out a breath when the vampire relaxed, the only hint she gave that she'd been concerned at all. She was fast, and she was good, but this was no full moon and she wasn't strong enough to stop a vampire that wished to tear out her throat.

"I wouldn't know about the taste," she admitted with a soft smile, adjusting her grip on her umbrella. "I don't have much need to taste the blood after I make my kills." Besides, she preferred a more organic hunt, A proper chase. To each their own, however. She mimicked the bow that Lilith had done, using the hand that wasn't occupied with the umbrella. "I do know that it's a pleasure to meet you, Lilith. I am Candice de Leon. I'm from Oregon. Thirty six years old. I'm in an acceptable position, though..." Candice paused for effect before adding, "You could help me get into a better one. What would it take to get such a powerful illusionist on my side, hm?"

Lilith smiled a bit and began thinking. No one had ever offered her to be at their side before. This definitely was something new for her. SHe looked at Candice and gave a small nod.

"I'd say lots of love. No one has ever liked me before. Back in Germany people in my town, including my family thought I was a demon. I have multiple personality disorder but also had multicolored eyes. And with had I mean this."

Lilith stepped closer towards Candice, almost against her. She looked up to her eyes as Lilith's right eye would be very noticeable. She took off her eye patch to reveal the empty eye socket before putting the patch back over it.

"Some thieves attacked me one night. They stabbed out this eye and stabbed me in my spine which caused me to develop walking problems. Therefore I have this cane"

A look of surprise crossed Candice's face before she could stamp it down, but it was gone as fast as it appeared. The lack of expression didn't mean she was no longer surprised, however. The request was a surprising one. She was in a business where people wanted simple things. Drugs. Money. Wealth. Influence. "Love" was a strange thing to hear. "Love" was also a simple thing to give, according to someone who didn't understand the meaning of the word.

Candice didn't flinch at Lilith's approach nor the empty eye socket, the story resonating with her on an odd level. She knew what it was like to be hated by the family that was supposed to love you, after all. "I think we'll get along well, you and I," she murmured, leaning just a bit closer to Lilith as she spoke. Then she offered her hand to the vampire, a soft smile gracing her lips. "My hotel isn't very far. We can talk over drinks."

Lilith blushed a bit and would take a gentle grip of Candice's hand. Lilith's hands were kinda small but also very soft. She would hug Candice's arm and licked her lips.

"I haven't drank any alcohol in about three hundred years. But I guess it's time for me to drink something again. I'm excited to see what there is around these days"

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
Oran stepped out on to the concourse at Louis Armstrong International, blue eyes narrowing at the brightness of the place. He gave said light all of five seconds to stop assaulting his eyes before he let out a huff of air and dug through the messenger bag at his hip. A pair of mirrored aviators were in one of its pockets; they were usually his "too hungover to deal with all this bright shite" glasses, but "too tired for this much fuckin sunlight" was close enough to count. Why was he so tired, one might ask? Well, he'd gotten up at ass'o'clock in the morning, a time he usually went to bed at, so he could make it to the airport in time to catch his first flight. Which was twenty minutes late. Some eight hours flying over ocean later, he landed in Chicago and waited around for an hour and a half for his second flight, then suffered for another two hours until landing here.

Fuck, he hated flying.

It wasn't just the bad food or the other passengers or the lack of avenues to vent his nervous energy. It was that he couldn't sleep on planes. He simply couldn't. Something about flying at alarmingly high speeds at an alarmingly high altitude in a pretty little pressurized tin can freaked him out enough that he couldn't quite manage it. But he wasn't scared of flying, that was important to note. He disliked it so much that it kept him from sleeping, but he wasn't scared of it. No, sir. He didn't have the luxury of being afraid of flying, what with his semi-monthly international trips. Usually he managed to plan out the trip, though, make sure he left and arrived at convenient times and didn't have to fuck with his schedule too much. This lovely vacation, however? It was...something of an emergency trip. Thus the awkward departure time and the incredibly early arrival time.

Suffice to say that Oran was in an uncharacteristically grumpy mood on this fine morning. He still smiled at the person who took his order in one of the airport's coffee shops, though, as he could never be grumpy enough to be genuinely mean.

Twenty minutes, a stop at the bathroom, and a lot of standing around later, Oran was walking out of the baggage claim area with his two checked bags and a large cappuccino with a distressing amount of espresso in it. He settled himself down in one of the smoking areas, bags arranged around him in fashion that didn't disrupt too much walking traffic, then pulled out his phone. He had to wince at the time: 7:23 AM. Disgustingly early. Well, regardless. First order of business: see his very best friend and hopefully catch a ride.

To Platonic Husband <3: Hey, i'm in nawlins, sitting at the airport. Save me pls <3

There was a real smile of excitement on his face as he sent the message, and he might not even deny that fact until his dying day. It'd been a long time since they'd seen one another. Well, not that long for Matty, vampire and all that, but it was a damn long time for Oran. He set the phone down on his knee after a few moments, screen still opened to his texting app, a particular conversation opened on it. Now...now came decision time. He took a long drink of cappuccino and lit up one of his cigarettes (Pall Malls or whatever, some foul American brand Aeson smoked for some reason and had inflicted upon Oran) and stared thoughtfully at his phone for a few seconds. He shifted and glanced around at the plants and people the lower level of the pickup area was filled with, eyes never quite settling on one particular plant or person. He took two drags off his cigarette and fucked with the layered bracelets on his left wrist.

Then, finally, he picked the phone up again and sent a second text. This one was to Monroe, a woman he met last time he was in town and liked well enough he wanted to see her again. The nervous twist in his gut as he typed? His business, not anyone else's.

To ~Flower Queen~: Hello there. Back in New Orleans for a bit. ;) Feel like meeting up for drinks?

That done, he locked his phone and set it back on his leg, the other leg bouncing as he smoked his cigarette and waited. For either a response or a Matty, whichever came first. He contemplated calling his brother, but dismissed the idea. Oran didn't want his brother knowing he was in town just yet, that would look terribly creepy.
❖ ORAN GALLAGHER ❖
Witch ❖ Allied: His brother, his friends, the Balance of Nature ❖ Mood: Bored ❖ Tagged: @DustBunny @Mundane Monster
"Honestly, if it's idiotic or crazy, I've probably done it. Twice."

Lilith Streisch
ec98165a6a.png
It was somewhere between 8 AM and 8:30 AM when Lilith woke up from her night rest. She noticed that she was wearing nothing but her lingerie set and got under the blankets a bit more to cover up. This was the first night in a while where she had gotten more than two hours of sleep and it definitely made her feel good.

She looked around only to notice a sleeping woman next to her. When she saw her face everything in her head became clear again. That's right. She hunted a prey and this beautiful woman named Candice came up to her to praise her skills as an illusionist. She blushed a bit because well, they were in the same bed together. The woman had offered her something for Lilith to be her right hand and apparently the deal had become a real thing.

She then noticed an empty wine bottle and an empty whisky bottle on the nightstand next to the bed. She remembered them having a drink before going to sleep. It had been a while for Lilith but she could still taste the aftermath in her mouth. She sighed deeply and sat up in the bed.

She smiled and looked at Candice giving her a quick hug before getting up and going to the kitchen in the hotel room. She looked through the fridge to find some eggs and bacon and also put some water on to cook so she could make some tea for the two. The room would quickly fill with a delicious smell as Lilith stood there in her lingerie cooking.

Last edited by a moderator:
__zf4ab2.jpg

M
MONROE

⊸ At the Half Moon Bar

After deeming the order book acceptable, Monroe closed up shop for a few hours and headed to the bar. Accompanied by friend or not, she was gonna have a good drink, then she was gonna go home and try on her new fancy dress. Said garment was neatly folded and double saran wrapped in her messenger bag for safe keeping, not that she expected anyone to try and rob her, but mainly because when she drank she tended to get messy and every time without fail, something valuable of hers always ended up drenched in her 'nectar' of choice. Last time she's broken her own phone after dousing it with a Long Island ice tea.

She headed to her favorite spot, The Half Moon bar--which was also a restaurant but Monroe could care less about that part and had never frequented it. Striding into the building, Monroe took a seat at the bar and closed her eyes. This was her usual routine, as she didn't have a favorite beverage and liked to test any that she'd seen on TV recently or heard someone else order. She closed her eyes to keep from making rookie mistakes. Mistakes like ordering a drink just because it looked pretty and couldn't possibly taste like liquid dog shit. Or mistakes like sneering at a drink that looked like liquid dog shit but tasted like heaven on the rocks.

Her eyes snapped open as she remembered a drink mentioned in the Scrubs rerun that she had seen the other day, and she waved the bar tender over. "Appletini, cherry inside instead of an apple, please." While she waited for her order, Monroe pulled out her phone and grinned at the first message that popped up.

From Pendejo <3 : Hello there. Back in New Orleans for a bit. ;) Feel like meeting up for drinks?

To Pendejo <3 : You know it. Half Moon Bar?

Trying on the dress would have to wait. Monroe hadn't seen Oran in what felt like ages and she was eager to catch up.

• Love
Reactions: Spectre of the Fade
Francesca gazed at herself in the mirror for the second time and gave her twin a big grin. She popped her on the nose and modeled. "You, Ms. Sauveterre are absolutely adorable and ready to go to the beach, even though you woke up late." She let the light blue ruffles around her off shoulder top twist and turn as she moved her torso and shoulders around. She was eager to get a headstart on the day with Darla.

"Darla!" Francesca's smile grew wider as her chihuahua came around the corner into her bedroom. "Oh my gosh, look who it is! All ready for the beach too, aren't we, Darla?" She exclaimed in a baby voice as she picked up her dog and puckered her lips out for a doggy kiss. Darla licked her and she set the small dog down. Francesca flipped the curl ends of her hair, grabbed her large sunglasses, and bamboo beach bag.

"Let's see, I already fed you, I packed some treats for you, I took my medication... I ate oatmeal and strawberries and blueberries... I think I'm all set to go out." She took a deep breath. Despite being excited to go to the beach, she was also anxious. Her siblings could pick her out of a crowd on any given day. Francesca grabbed Darla's lilac service vest and turned to her. "Darla, sit." On command, her dog sat.

"Good girl."

She snapped the service dog vest on Darla's tiny body and attached the leash to her collar. "Time to go." She unlocked the front door and stepped outside. Darla followed at an even pace and stopped when Francesca stopped to lock the front door. A ford chevy and honda civic rolled by, but Darla's attention stayed on Francesca the whole time. She didn't bark or make any sounds as they walked out to the car.

Francesca's service dog hopped into the passenger floorboard and laid down. Francesca looked at the time. She'd been pretty quick about getting everything ready. Francesca placed her bag in the back, started up her car, and left for the Gulf Coast beach about an hour away from New Orleans. "Hopefully, the beach isn't as packed as it was last time, Darla. If it is, we'll find shade and a less crowded area for us."

Interaction: Darla (NPC Doggy)
Mention: Siblings @Spectre of the Fade @BladeX @Tyche @♦Justin T. Jones♦™

th

Name: James Quinn
Mention: @MisterGrumpyLoli [Lilith] (Kinda / Gut feeling)
Interaction: @espoir (Alexandra)

Jamie walked in silence as the rain poured down until Alexa voice met his ears and broke the silence. He stopped in his tracks but didn't turn around. Then he felt Alexandra's body make contact with his back and embrace him. His own expression was blank as he listened to her teary words. He felt her hug tighten as she seemed to finish speaking, his own body remaining relaxed. After another moment a confident smile appeared on Jamie's face for he'd finally accomplished what he'd wanted since that one night so long ago. Her words filled him with far more joy than he was willing to show.

The man reached his left arm up and over Alexa's head and comfortably wrapped around her shoulders, tugging her just a tad closer as Jamie turned his head to look at her. "See love, that wasn't so hard was it." He'd say to her casually as he took his thumb to wipe away the black streaks beneath her eyes along with the tears. He'd begin to lead Alexa out of the alley and down the streets. "Let's go to your place and dry off. Creature of the night or not I imagine getting a cold still sucks." He'd follow her directions when told accept for one crossroad where Jamie got on ominous feeling in his gut. The dormant animal instinct warning him of a dreadful danger if he continued on this particular street. It was so strong in fact that for a moment the man even slowly placed his hand over his handgun concealed beneath his shirt. Without a word he'd take Alexa and himself on a little detour down a different side street to reach their destination. The whole time after this feeling Jamie would be staying on guard for the rest of the night.

----------------------------------------------------
That Next Morning
Interaction: Alexandra (@espoir)
It was now the next morning as Jamie awoke from his slumber with a low yawn and a stretch. Looking to his side with a smile to see Alexa still snuggled beneath the covers of the large bed. The man hadn't slept in a bed this nice or even had a night that was so...fulfilling in a long time. He did chuckle a little at the vague memory of some biting last night guessing she couldn't resist having a late night snack of the highest caliber. He got up and out of the bed in his boxers and made his way out of the room as he recalled where he was now. 'Who knew little miss Alexa lived such a fancy life. Guess its true that if time is all you've got, money follows.' He thought to himself as he was now in some rich neighborhood on the outskirts of New Orleans that was just covered in wealthy mansions.

After about five minutes however Jamie became frustrated as he had been looking for a bathroom and unfortunately hadn't much like. 'Do these fuckin rich people take pride in having so many fuckin rooms! Bet they don't even use em all! Wheres the bathroom in this forsaken place?!' Theirs gotta be more than one right?! After a few more minutes of searching Jamie finally succeeded in finding a bathroom which was a bigger bathroom than he'd ever seen in his life. A theme which would certainly continue on for the rest of the day he was sure. After completing bathroom rituals one of them being a much needed shower, the man made his way down to the kitchen which he'd found earlier and began making breakfast for two. Pancakes and bacon were on the menu once Jamie bloody found what he needed after looking through all the shelves and such.

Contrary to what some would believe Jamie was decent at cooking though mainly the more simple foods as he commonly found himself having to make his own meals ever since he was little on account that his parents never really did this kind of thing for him. The lovely smell of cooking pancakes and bacon would fill the air of the mansion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: junebug

Fleur & Emmanuel
Fleur had been up rather late and only decided to sleep when Emmanuel had nearly forced her to do so. After the incident at The Royal Orgy, Fleur had returned to the manor only to find a peculiar package upon her doorstep. When she brought it inside to her foyer she opened it carelessly, her emotions still clouded from the interaction with Alexandra and her little pet human to realize that she should have been tentative when pulling the red ribbon and letting the lid fall to the floor. A note had obscured her vision from the real gift beneath. The letter read as follow:

"To my eldest sister, Fleur

The light of father's eyes. The one he cared about the most. The one that could do no wrong! A sneaky rat who deserves to be trapped in a cage and poked at and tortured for eternity. You will feel the suffocation of being powerless soon. But for now, you are to come to my home tomorrow morning. It's for the better of everyone that you are on your best behavior. I know that a cornered rat tends to bite.

Signed: Your Most Beloved Brother, Esteban San Carlos."

That was all hell broke loose in the manor. What lay under the letter was a putrid rat, laying lifelessly inside a trap with it's appendages removed as well as it's beady little black eyes. Fleur had crushed the box between her hand, rancid blood seeped through her fingers as the rat's guts fell from it's body and a horrifying scream of frustration erupted from her lungs. Her goal was for her siblings to come to New Orleans, of course, but she was the one who was in charge. If Esteban stole the show then all this hard work over the last few months would have been for nothing. The siblings needed to unite, they had to find solace in one another - this was not part of the plan. Fleur could only imagine her other siblings had also received an unsuspecting gift. After the "gift" had been washed from her skin, Fleur had locked herself within her study and laid out every bit of information she had on her siblings across the floor. She had found her younger brother Halvard once more and was well aware of his presence in New Orleans, but she never had to worry about him. He had always been able to integrate himself into the human world and find his place. Astrid spent most of her time working in The Half Moon Bar & Restaurant, however Fleur had been unable to find the time to meet with her. Well, it was more like she was dancing around an interaction with her middle sister. Francesca was off Fleur's radar at the moment, but she had hopes that her younger sister would arrive sooner or later. Esteban's gift was a clear indication that he was in town. Now, all Fleur had to do was come to his little soirée and be on her guard. She had spent most of the night locked in the study, until Emmanuel had coerced her out and into bed.

Fleur had woken up at the crack of dawn and gone through her usual morning routine. She had sent Dereus to the tattoo shop downtown that was inhabited by a peculiar detective and a way-too-normal human. Nathan was already on his way to Bourbon Street to scout out the local witches when Fleur had awoken. And Emmanuel had offered to take Fleur out for "breakfast" in order to keep her calm throughout the day. So, that was where the two currently were, hunting in the outskirts of the New Orleans Couturie Forest where Emmanuel had found a few unsuspecting campers and an indigenous pack of mountain lions.

Fleur and Emmanuel had parted ways upon entering the forest and decided to meet up when they were finished eating. The blonde vampire was currently in the brush of an oak tree, looking down upon an elder man who had set up camp just below. He was cooking sausages on a makeshift grill, unaware of the preying eyes just above him. It took only a few minutes of watching before Fleur jumped down from the tree and landed right on top of the older man. Her hunger was incredible today so she quickly told him to keep quiet as she sunk her teeth into his jugular and sucked the very life force from his body. It was a simple, efficient kill and when Fleur had finished (blood dripping from her pink lips) she hid the man inside his tent and put out his fire before making her way back towards New Orleans so she could meet up with Emmanuel and go straight to Astrid's. It was probably a good time to speak with her before they arrived to Esteban's.

A few miles away, Emmanuel was having a more difficult time with his prey. There was a pack of three mountain lions prowling around and even though Emmanuel was only hungry for one, he knew he would have to take out all three so none of them decided to follow him back to Bourbon Street. He stalked them for what seemed like hours, strategically taking them out one by one and eviscerating their bodies just to get to the tasty spots. He had kept Fleur waiting for quite sometime, but a sheepish smile had calmed her enough. They made their way back to the manor in order to clean up, the blood making them stand out against the crowd. Fleur had told him to stay close as they changed, but not too close to where anyone became suspicious of his actions. Emmanuel decided it was best for him to check up on all the siblings and follow to the meeting later on as a precaution. He had left the manor first, wearing a dark outfit so it was easier to blend in the shadows and found himself with Nathan out in the middle of town where most of the bands stopped to play for a bit of cash.

Fleur was just leaving the manor, swerving in and out of the crowds of tourists in order to get to Astrid's apartment. She wore a simple outfit: slacks and a button-up shirt so in case something went awry during this meeting she would have the ability to fight back without ruining a beautiful dress.

Mention: Archer, Aeson, Astrid, Francesca, Esteban, Halvard
Interaction: Emmanuel

• Bucket of Rainbows

Fenris

tumblr_inline_nswe6odrI41siter1_500.gif

Large, dark chocolate paws came down upon the damp dirt meticulously. Is was as if the wolf attached to these paws was trying to maneuver through the forest a certain way. Fenris was currently in his wolf from, slowly stalking a pack of geese near the edge of a desolate swamp deep inside the heart of Courturie Forest. He had already eaten for the day, the blood of both a young hiker and a mountain lion still slightly staining his pearly white incisors. A low growl erupted from his furry chest as the geese huddled together and walked the perimeter of the swamp. Fenris was just trying to cure his boredom at this point, attempting to scare the geese so he could hear the honking noises that came from their beaks and have a little fun. He snapped his jaws suddenly and the growl grew loud enough where the geese became aware of his presence. In a split second, their wings all flapped in unison and they honked together as they tried to put distance between them and the large wolf. Fenris bounded after them quickly. He chased the gaggle of geese for a bit until they finally were able to get their fat bodies off the ground and fly. The wolf was able to snap his jaws at the legs of the geese just enough to make them poop themselves. It was the little things in life.

Gotta love these bird-brains. Stupid geese always ruining the fun and bailing out. I wonder how it would be to fly? Is turbulence still a thing if you aren't in a plane? That's a good question Fenris.

Fenris collapsed to the ground in a fit of wolfy laughter, rolling in the brush a bit and bringing his paws up to his muzzle to clean off anymore blood he may have missed. The swamp wasn't the best place to bathe so Fenris had to rely more on scraping the dried blood off his chocolaty fur.

778235303c1ddc3c6911d13f79b8bfa3.jpg

Fenris had woken up early to come out and hunt. He felt much more comfortable in his wolf form so he didn't exactly plan on returning to Bourbon Street anytime today. He would most likely return when darkness shrouded the forest and he was clear to take his shredded clothes back to his hotel and slip into his room unnoticed. Fenris wanted to return to The Half Moon Bar & Restaurant in order to find that girl from last night, but he felt like it was a slim chance she would show. Fenris had tried to go after her and the man that grabbed her last night, but he had to keep a low profile here so it was in his best interest to just let her go. Thinking about last night's interaction made him push himself to a standing position and shake his big head to rid the girl's face from his mind.

Fenris, ignore it. She was just a human. You have bigger and better things to in New Orleans than chase around a pretty nurse who gave you a few minutes of her time.

The large wolf made his way down an unknown trail, his fluffy tail swish-swaying behind him as he trekked over boulders and hopped over logs that had fallen. Since he had already eaten, Fenris decided to just travel through the woods and disturb any wildlife that got in his way. Courturie forest was a mostly a nature park so it was jam-packed with squirrels, geese, and loads of birds. Fenris went in and out of a few patches of trees where he ended up meeting a mole and a squirrel family who were collecting nuts. He didn't feel like bothering their endeavors at the moment so he continued onward, his paws leaving marks in the wet dirt. The rain from last night had dried a bit, but some plants were still dewy and the trails were slightly damp. The morning sun had already began to dry the forest floor so Fenris didn't have any problems walking through and getting a little dirty. His stride quickened until he was running top speed through the forest. The trees whipped by him in a blur and the slight breeze intensified the faster his legs moved. His form was a dark streak to anyone that may come by him.

Mention: Kadence @espoir
Interaction: Himself, N/A

• Love
[tabs]

[tab=Kadence]
There were so many things that came to Kadence's mind when she woke up that morning. Unable to fall back asleep, she'd gotten out of bed at 6:37 am, ate a traditional breakfast with whole grain bagel, eggs, and bacon. Her car brought her to one of the national forests in Louisiana where she'd go hiking for a few hours to try and clear her mind. She wasn't exactly happy, but she wasn't angry either. She just felt numb.

That man had no right to bring up her parents or siblings, to talk as if he knew them just because he babysat her when she was a toddler. In truth, Dario's revelation of who she was supposed to be scared her. He seemed to have some kind of grand scheme idea on how to make her the best hunter ever. His presence was extremely demanding and her mood had completely changed the moment he'd dragged her away from society.

She winced at the recollection of last night, Dario dragging her to an isolated area near the edge of New Orleans where they wouldn't be seen or heard.

'You're so screwed up in the head you know that?' She'd shoved him with all the strength she could muster. 'Who the hell do you think you are, telling me how to live my life? I'm not my parent's fucking puppet and I most definitely am not yours!'

It'd ended on a bad note and she didn't even know where Dario was now, if he still planned to persist in making her a hunter or if he'd given up. She hoped her anger had made him reconsider that what he was doing was wrong, but she doubted it. Kadence no longer kept in contact with her family anymore; it was pointless trying to talk to them with civility, so she gave up last year.

"I haven't even called them last month to say "Happy Birthday" to my brother, Michael." She mulled over her options for a brief moment as she took out her stainless steel water bottle and took a large gulp from it. Sweat poured down her face and adrenaline rushed through her body from the fast walking she'd been doing and the occasional jog with a light pack on her back.

Kadence felt great. Whenever she visited the national parks, she felt like she could take a break from life and be free. She closed her water bottle cap and placed it back in the side of her bag and continued down the path, eager to search the unexplored. "Gotta say, this is beautiful grounds. You made an excellent decision coming here this morning, Kadie. An excellent choice."

Interaction: None
Mention: Dario @♦Justin T. Jones♦™, Fenris @Tyche, Michael (NPC)
[/tab]
[tab=Aceline]
She was late to work. A rarity in itself. Aceline had slept an hour past her alarm clock and tried to make ease with the fact that she would not be getting to work on time today and her boss was definitely going to yell at her. There was another environmental project she was put in charge of to refine the details and make sure everything for the project was running smoothly.

The vampire grimaced for a brief moment and pondered the reasons why she could've slept past seven. That time was her staple. She didn't just "get up" at any other time than seven and her alarm was always set for the correct time; she'd never turned it off. Aceline shook her worry off and mentally prepared for the things her boss might yell at her in sheer anger and frustration.

"I'll just simply shrug it off and apologize like I always do when something goes wrong."

Aceline fluffed her cream colored blouse a bit and smiled. "Alright, let's go." She walked out the door and headed over to Bourbon Street to catch a taxi towards Loyola University Center for Environmental Communication. She was eager to start her day, even if she was still a little dazed and in wonderment on why Krishna, a wealthy entrepreneur, treated her to dinner out of the blue.

Did he mean business? Or was it really just an invitation extended for a job well done?

Black pointed heels clicked on the ground as she made her way through the crowd to get to a less busy part of the area. "Sorry, excuse me," she told a man and made her way up to the front of the line that planned to walk across the street. "Late for work, coming through," she relayed to another. Her body managed to curve through the group and get out into where the sun hit the most.

Her eyes followed the cars and observed the small crowd of what looked to be tourists in the French Quarter and a strikingly familiar face. Aceline stared, her heart beginning to feel heavy in her chest. She was dead, so why did it feel like her chest was about to pop? She blinked, mouth opened a little. Aceline wanted to say something, anything, but she just stood there like a rock, dumbfounded and waiting foolishly for Fleur's next move.

Interaction: None
Mention: Fleur @Tyche, Krishna Kapoor (NPC) @espoir
[/tab]
[/tabs]

• Love
Reactions: Tyche
Astrid
Astrid stood over a box on her table, a bloodied rose in one hand, and a letter in the other. The events of the night before, making a friend, feeling as though she was at peace, fading away as soon as this box arrived at her door. She toyed with the red, velvety petals of the flower, her thumb tracing the edge of a thorn. The blood on it said enough, but the message made the weary side of Astrid hopeful. Had her older brother finally found a way to end them? Was she finally going to meet her end?

She went to her closet and shuffled through her clothes, until she came upon a dress she'd saved for this very event. After all, with a big family reunion, she had expected Esteban to make an elaborate affair of it. And she would not disappoint him by arriving in her typical wear of tight jeans and a t-shirt, no... This was something she'd spend her time on. The dress had ruffled transparent sleeves that went down to her wrists, low cut with a corset-style bodice. the solid black going down to her mid thigh before the same transparent material covered her knees, down to her ankles. She chose velvet heels with onyx stones and a deep red lace decorating them.

She moved to the mirror and lined her bright green eyes with a dark brown eyeliner, smudging it a bit before using a bit of mascara and peach colored gloss, curling her waist-length hair and twisting a bit back, looping it through one end before braiding it, using pins and two hair ties to keep her hair in place, while she trimmed the stem of the rose, and tucked it into the back of her hair.

"To my broken sister, Astrid

"I haven't seen you in centuries and I wonder a lot about what you've been up to. Possibly betraying even more people? You could have stopped a lot of what happened but you didn't. I am giving you another chance to prove to me why you shouldn't be erased from history. Be at my home tomorrow morning.

Signed: Your Most Beloved Brother, Esteban San Carlos"

Each word she heard in her head over and over. Could she have stopped what had happened? Did she ever really have that much power? Did Esteban think she did? Astrid didn't think he'd ever thought that much of her. It was almost a compliment... However, if he expected excuses as to why she shouldn't be destroyed, he wouldn't get one. In fact, if he had showed up with the means to end her, she'd welcome it. She'd lived multiple lifetimes, she'd been part of history time and time again. It was about time that someone found a way to cut them all down, though she was sure most of her other siblings would disagree.

Astrid found her mind wondering from Esteban, to Fleur. No doubt she'd show up, and Astrid wasn't sure what she'd do. Their relationship had always been rocky, if one could even call it that. Some small part of Astrid was still that doting little sister, wanting to reach her arms out to Fleur, but a bigger part was hurt and felt rejected and angry. She wasn't sure what would win over in the moment that she lay eyes on her beautiful older sister. And her little brother, Hal... He had always been so curious, so incredibly full of life. The thought of seeing him again after so long tugged on whatever bit of her heart she had left and brought tears to her eyes. Already the rims of her eyes were red at the idea of seeing her family. How long had she secretly wanted to see them?

And Francesca... What became of her? Astrid hadn't heard much from her, if anything at all. Or anything of her, actually. Sometimes she worried for her younger sister, but she was smart. She was fast and she was always full of so much promise that Astrid was able to dismiss her worries. Her sister would find her, if she wanted to. If not, Astrid would leave her be.
@Tyche @Spectre of the Fade @espoir @♦Justin T. Jones♦™

Sin
Sin yawned as her alarm clock began to go off, her head pounding at the necessarily loud beeps it gave off. She tried to find the button for snooze but it seemed her hand could quite find it. Irritated sin made a fist and just started beating the thing until it was nothing but broken bits of black plastic and had finally stopped beeping. She groaned and pulled her sleeping mask off and looked out the large french french doors of her beach house before smiling and hopping out of bed, going straight to her closet to find her favorite swimsuit and heading out the door and down the stairs, grabbing a hair tie off a shelf on her way out the door and pulling her long, red hair back out of her face as she ran out onto the beach.

As much as she hated waking up, she couldn't deny it was a beautiful morning. She'd do her usual swim and head out for breakfast. She got to the water and dipped her toe into it. The sand was still wet from the previous day of rain, but it just made the air smell that much better. This place was much different from California, despite it still being near the Ocean. It just smelled different, felt different and generally was different. Maybe different is what she needed to bounce back from everything that had happened previously.

She walked into the water until it was about up to her thighs and she ran her fingertips over the surface, savoring the feeling of the cool water that sunny morning. Already it was warm, she had no doubt in her mind that it would only get hotter as the day slowly went on. It just meant a fun day in skimpy shorts and crop tops for Sin. She loved to give a little show for the ladies.
@espoir

Addy & Luca

Interaction: Luca @BladeX, Addy @espoir
Mention: Astrid @BladeX
collaboration between @BladeX and @espoir

Sunlight slowly poured into the room as the sun rose, light hitting his eyes made them flutter slightly before he groaned and rolled over, falling right out of bed. Remembering the night before he only groaned louder. It seemed that between his reckless driver of a newfound friend and his own bad luck with gravity, no hunter would have to come after the 21 year old. He'd end up a flattened pancake on a road if this kept up. He slowly sat up, taking a deep breath and stretching; going to his bathroom he showered and shaved. He tossed some underwear on and went to walk out of the bathroom, slipping on the wet floor and almost fell. "Fucking gravity..." he grumbled before running out of his room to Addy's.

"ADDDYYYYYYYY!" He whined as he jumped onto her bed. Addy groaned as she felt the force of impact. The copper haired witch could easily destroy him for barging in, but Luca was too happy, and frustrated, to care. "Addy, I don't know what I did but I fell off a table, I got hit by a motor cycle, I fell out of bed, and I almost slipped and fell again in the bathroom," he whined, pouting over at his best friend. "Luca," Addy complained and tugged at the covers. "Get some clothes on!" She picked up a throw pillow and tried to aim it at his head.

Luca pouted at her reaction. He was having a small break down, and she was being mean. Luca was sure he should know about privacy and boundaries, but Addy had pretty much seen him at his worst. She was his best friend, the closest person he had to him. He hadn't really given many details the night before, mainly because when he had texted, she had worried enough without knowing every single thing that had happened. After he'd fed and rested though, he'd suddenly felt upset. He often hid his emotions behind childish antics and dirty humor but Addy was the one person he trusted enough to show his feelings to. Truth be told, it'd been a really crappy twenty hours for him.

"What time is it? My head hurts. Get me some water and a banana. Then, put some clothes on." Last night had been absolutely insane. She'd drunk one too many Moscow Mules- enough to get tipsy- and approached Luca's situation with vigor and worry. Addy felt like a doting Mom last night, but now she just felt like shit. Was Luca still sitting on her? Her voice raised a few decibels to make sure she was clear. "Did you hear what I said, Luca?" She threw another pillow. "Water. Now."

Luca got up, the flying pillows and irritated Addy made him feel a bit sad, but he would do as she told him. "It's about 8:30 am. Sun is shining, people, functional people are awake." He said, poking fun as he went to the kitchen to get some water and a banana cut into bite size pieces, along with saltine crackers if she felt sick to her stomach. Luca didn't experience the hangovers like Addy did, but he did remember what it used to feel like. And he knew what had helped him, so he'd extend that same treatment to his friend.

He sat down on the bed next to her and set the small plate down and motioned for her to sit up. "8:30..." she trailed off. "8:30?! Oh my god, I slept past my alarm!" She immediately bolted up in bed, eager to throw on a sports bra and some yoga pants to get started for the day, but her head rang like a large mallet pounding against a gong. The alarm clock going off didn't help either. "Oh my god," she groaned and leaned forward, head in her hands.

Yes, he was determined to take care of Addy as she had him. She'd probably yell at him for feeding her like a sick child but he wanted to help make her feel better, and steal some crackers. Because, why not? "Are you going to want any coffee after this? And I was thinking of baking something today. Any requests?" He asked, a hand going to rub her back lightly. "By the way, I have underwear on, at least. That's clothing enough right? Eye candy for Addy?" He joked, before he began to wonder how long he could do this for, before she'd literally drag him out of the room.

"Damn it. I forgot for a brief moment I drank last night." Her heart warmed when he rubbed her back. "Coffee is definitely not going to do me any good. Thanks for the water and banana." She took the glass and drank a large gulp. "Ugh, do we have any aspirin around here? I think I ran out of some in my bathroom." She slammed her hand on the "Off" button of her alarm, grabbed the fork and stabbed a piece of banana. Luca knew she wasn't a huge fan of touching food with her fingers. "I really shouldn't have drunk all those Moscows but ugh, Astrid was so kind and I just... felt like shit."

Luca was tempted to make her lay back down, but she didn't need his help with that. "Let this be a lesson to you, Addy-bear... That this is what happens when you drink too much." He said in a humorous tone since he knew he was hardly one to talk. "No aspirin from me, unfortunately. I don't really need them." He said, gently running his hand through her hair. The calming effect that Luca gave off from touching her hair was tremendously helpful. "A massage might help? If you want one? I know work stresses you out, and you needed a night off from me... But I am here for you, Addy." He said softly, his typical childish attitude fading to sincerity, wanting to help her feel better.

"I just wanted to shrug off some negative feelings but you can't always do that. You didn't do anything wrong, Luca. I promise. It's just me and I went about it the wrong way, trying to repress everything with a few drinks."

She drank the rest of the water and got up.

"I'm sorry I haven't been paying attention to you, lately. I'm just kind of lost in my own world, I guess. At least I got to you last night before you passed out, if you did. I can't even remember and for that, I feel terrible. At least that other friend of yours was there too. Lord knows a tipsy gal can't help a drunken man. I have bruises all over my body from crashing into everything. I'm so glad that other guy, whatever his name was, was there."

She opened the drawer and pulled out some clothing.

"I'm sorry, Luca."

Luca listened to Addy silently. He understood what she meant by drinking to suppress emotions and trying to hide things that were really haunting them. He gave Addy a sweet smile. "Addy its fine. And hey, take it easy for a day. You're pushing yourself far too hard," he said, wanting her to relax, but unsure what to do to help her feel better. When he heard her talk about the previous night he knew she would worry. She always did. She was nice to him, more than she needed to be since she found him. He wondered if she knew how much that meant to him. "You never have to apologize to me, Addy." He said, getting up and going to give her a bear hug, even lifting her off the floor for it. "You're my best friend, and I'm just glad you're okay. I'm going to go make some real food. Tell me, pancakes, muffins... Biscuits? What would you like?" He asked, trying to get her to cheer up.

Addy shook her head. She wasn't okay, but she wasn't gonna let that get her down, or at least try not to. "Pancakes would be fine, thank you." She sighed and leaned against her drawer and stared down at herself. She'd eat as much as she wanted. Who gave a damn anyways? Addy took a deep breath and grabbed a pair of shorts, then went to her bathroom. "I'll be right out Luca. Thank you." She shut the door and waited silently for him to leave the room to get started on the pancakes. He was such a sweet boy, but there was still very little he knew about her and himself.

I think I owe you an apology more times than you could count.

• Love
Reactions: SatanicBamnana
✯ HALVARD de SAUVETERRE ✯
Original Vampire ✯ Allied: Humans, Eros, Himself ✯ Mood: Complicated ✯ Tagged: @♦Justin T. Jones♦™ @BladeX @Tyche
"The voice of compassion! Somehow. Who the fuck decides these things?"
EARLIER:
The click of a zippo lighter opening and closing was the only noise that filled the front section of Hal's lavish New Orleans apartment in the dead of night. It was an erratic sound, offbeat and inconsistent enough to drive a music nut crazy. It was also the one thing keeping Halvard from trashing his apartment.

He'd woken up at some obscene hour, early enough he didn't bother checking the clock, and pressed a kiss to the head of his still sleeping boyfriend before rolling out of bed and wandering the house. The aim was to play video games or whatever until Eros woke up, then they could...get breakfast? Check on Alex or that hybrid kid they'd met the night previous? Both? But there was a lovely present waiting for him on his dining room table and all Hal's plans for the morning came to a grinding halt. The severed head of a lamb, a bloody knife that more likely than not did the severing, and a note that filled Hal's head with noise. Hal had sent his fair share of letters (and birthday cards, more recently) over the years and the first time his brother sent anything besides hunting trophies in return was to accuse him of innocence and ignorance and challenge him.

Hal lasted twenty minutes. Twenty minutes of flicking the lighter open and snapping it shut, the oil in the lighter gone before he'd gone five minutes, hands shaking so bad by the end that he could hardly manage the movements. Then he broke, a dam bursting, bit by bit and then all at once, not in rage but in sadness. The lighter hit his dining room table with a clatter and his face went into his hands and the tears poured out and Hal was that scared boy again. A man in name, yes, but such a child compared to his brother and his father and he couldn't stop comparing himself to them even if he tried and - and the rush of fear when he watched his father's heart be torn out was so fucking vivid, even now. Even nearly one thousand years later. It was the first emotion he'd experienced after the transformation, and it had stuck with him so strongly he could practically taste the emotion.

Did he hate his brother? Esteban, as he called himself now? Hard to say. But he did want answers.

It took time for the crying to subside; after all, it was difficult to think of his brother without thinking of his sisters. Fleur, the eldest, beautiful and cold like an ice sculpture, who never had quite enough time for him. They were, arguably, closer after decades and decades of cunning games and gift exchanges than they'd been when they still saw one another face to face. Then Astrid, who read to him under the willow tree, who indulged his idiot questions, who broke his heart when she left. And Francesca, the sibling closest to his age and the one he was closest to when they were still humans, who taught him chess and would let him sit with her to read. What Astrid broke, Francesca crushed when she left as well, and it was a long time before he let himself feel again.

The tears stopped, finally, and Hal gave a quiet, broken sigh before he pushed himself to his feet. Pity party over. No point in tears. Time to suit up. Which had a different meaning, these days. Walking around in an actual suit of armor would probably earn him weirder looks than he usually got.

NOW:
Hal adjusted the cuffs of his suit sleeves with precise fingers and eyes that were too obsessed with the details, expression set into a harsh line that was difficult to look at. He cleaned up well, however, that was certain. He usually put some measure of care into his appearance, more aware of the looks of others than many would think, but this time...this time he went all out. His hair was neatly styled back, product painstakingly applied to keep it the way he wanted. His beard was trimmed and styled, too, combed out and waxed so it laid well. The suit was even a nice one, an expensive looking three piece that was fitted to his lanky form and soft indigo in color. It had been buried in one of his many hiding spots scattered throughout his apartment and this was the first time he'd had real occasion to wear it.

The suit was no armor. It wasn't going to protect him from arrows or claws or bullets and it wasn't meant to be worn in battle. Still, he couldn't help but feel like he was readying himself for war.

He pulled on the cuff bracelet that was his Daylight Amulet, sliding it far enough up his arm that it was hidden by the sleeve of his suit. The blue of the lapis lazuli clashed with his whole outfit, after all. Wallet, keys, cell phone, all into his pockets, and it was hard not to giggle at the normalcy of the action. A red pen, a gift from Fleur he'd received too many years previous, went into his breast pocket, on the off chance she'd been summoned as well. Then he collected a black leather sheath he'd gotten along with an awkwardly large knife as a Christmas from a friend he'd made in Texas like four years previous. The knife it came with was nowhere in sight, but the sheath clipped onto his belt and it was plenty big enough for the knife he'd gotten as a "gift" from his dear brother. He slid the bloody thing into the sheath and clipped it to his left side, in easy reach if he felt like drawing it for grand gesturing.

Was wearing such a macabre gift to a meeting with a brother that wanted to kill him a great idea? Probably not, but it said something. What, fuck if Hal knew, but it was something and that was more than nothing. It was so much more than what the innocent little brother would have done, certainly. Hal was not that idiot boy anymore.

Outfit squared away, Hal collected his shoes and walked back into his bedroom, hesitantly sitting on the half of the bed he traditionally claimed. He chewed on his lower lip while he thought over what he could possibly say, fully prepared to wait however long it took for Eros to wake up. Esteban's fucking meeting could wait on him. He liked to be fashionably late, anyways.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Francesca rented a green folding beach chair and set up nest near a palm tree. Her service dog fell in line with pace seemingly without much complaint from authorities or other strangers, despite the fact that there was a sign that said "No pets allowed." Darla wasn't technically a "pet" persay, but a dog who helped her with her psychiatric condition. Her dog had tasks; she was there on a job.

As a service dog, and according to federal law, her presence overrode any policy where you typically weren't allowed to have pets and Francesca was grateful for that. She set down her bag and pulled Darla up onto her lap. There was hardly anyone nearby; most seemed to favor being the other side of the beach, which was the second thing Francesca was grateful for this morning.

The third thing that Francesca was grateful for was that there was a beautiful ginger haired woman she found herself admiring from a distance. She moved so gracefully in the water, she caught herself staring. The girl seemed to catch her in the moment and gave her an inviting smile. Francesca felt her chest tighten and her cheeks turn pink. She smiled a little, but shied away from saying hello.

"Mm." Darla started to rub her nose against Francesca's hand. She rubbed her sweaty hands against her leg and began to pet her dog. "Good girl," she mumbled. "Good girl." Francesca felt bad she couldn't go over and just say hello. She felt sick. Francesca glanced back up and gave the girl a wave. She was really pretty but Francesca was afraid she wasn't interested in really talking to someone like her.

Interaction: Sin @BladeX

• Love
Sin enjoyed her time in the water, soaking up the sun and breathing in the air. She closed her eyes and let herself listen to the sound of the water, the song of the birds, and the rustle of the wind blowing through the palm leaves. She could hardly believe that her life went from running, to settled and at peace so quickly. It was almost too good to be true.

When she turned and caught the eye of a woman on the beach, sin couldn't help the sweet, flirty smile that found it's way to her lips. Her eyes wandered over the woman. She was rather attractive... And that swim suit.... She waved back before walking deeper into the water, making a show of taking her hair down and turning a bit, the tips of it getting wet as she stretched, showing off her curvy body before she decided she'd warmed herself up enough to approach the lovely woman.

She walked out of the water and towards the woman, her hip having a natural sway to them. When she got close, she could smell it. She was a vampire. But Sin had no quarrel with any vampire. She smiled warmly at her and looked down, feigning shyness as she spoke. "I... I saw you and couldn't help coming over here to say hello... Especially with that adorable darling in your lap." She said, able to make her cheeks warm up with a light blush. "Would you mind if I pet her?" She asked, not wanting to be rude. She pulled her hair over one shoulder, and her hand went across her body to rest on the hip, the other arm hanging at her side.

@espoir Francesca

• Love
Isabella & Isaac
collab by @Spectre of the Fade and @espoir

Deep, soft breaths harmonized with the sweet and soulful singing from the Hummingbird perched upon the simple pink bird feeder outside. "Mm." Isabella moaned and pressed her back up closer to Isaac's chest. She smiled and pulled the comforter closer to her chin. Her hand reached out to grasp his hand and squeeze it tight. "Amorzinho, não me deixe. Fique," she murmured and turned around to pull him closer to her chest. "I miss you already." Her finely manicured nails trailed along the middle of his chest and skirted noticeably closer to his nether region for a brief second before traveling up his side.

"I got today off for us. Just means I'll have to work extra hours on Friday or an extra day on Saturday or Sunday. Let's do something today."

Isaac gave a soft chuckle, using the arms he had wrapped around Isabella to pull her closer as well and eliminate the near nonexistent space between them. "I am here, meu amor," he murmured reassuringly, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead before gently bumping his nose into hers. "I will stay." There were business concerns, yes; plans that needed revising, an architect that needed to be convinced of the realities of physics, warehouses to stock, but these things were ever present problems and he was more than happy to let them wait. Isabella was so very busy with her work... Isaac was proud of her, of course, proud of every case she worked and proud of every case she won, but it meant she was away from home a bit more often than he would like. A day to themselves was far too nice an idea to pass up.

"What would you like to do?" he asked, ever so slowly propping himself up on one elbow, the other hand gently stroking the line of her cheek and jawline. "You are so beautiful."

She closed her brown eyes, body comforted by her husband. The gentle strokes of his fingers against her face made her body tingle. "If you continue praising me and touching me like that, I may not be able to get up," she murmured as her arms reached forward to wrap around his neck. "I was thinking a picnic in the park or the museum. Sightseeing in the bayou is another, but it's humid out there and I don't think I want to do that while it's hot. The aquarium is open, we can always go down to the café to grab something to eat, or we can just lie here the whole day and do nothing. I'll let you wear your sweatpants," she teased and briefly pressed her lips to his own.

"What do you want to do? Are you craving anything today besides fast food?" She'd never been a fan of fatty foods and the high calorie content found in fast food. Even though human food technically did nothing for them as vampires, the taste was horrid regardless and made her feel like she was fattening herself up to get mauled by a werewolf or something worse. "I know a great burger joint down Bourbon."

Isaac grinned at her, waiting until she finished speaking before he stole another kiss. One was never quite satisfying enough. "All I crave is your company," he answered after pulling away, bumping her nose again before leaning back. His bright smile gave way to a more thoughtful expression while he gave serious consideration to their options. "I would like breakfast," he finally decided with a nod, figuring they could talk over what to do with their newly created day off over food. Did he have a nutritional need for food? No. Did he still have a love for food of all shapes and sizes, whether it was fried or grilled or baked? Yes. He could count on one hand the things he wouldn't eat, and most of them were unnecessarily sweet. "What are you in the mood for, meu amor? You know I'll eat anything."

Her heart soared at the perfect opportunity to be a little naughty. She grinned and ran her toes along his leg. "Eat me, then. I taste good, don't I?" she giggled, sitting up and flipping her hair. "I'm the best kind of meal you can find anywhere." Isaac's grin reappeared in short order, this time with a wicked edge to it. Isabella and her innuendo... he hadn't even caught that one. "That you are," was his ready agreement. "Keep going like this, we won't get the chance to leave the house today." He certainly didn't mind the prospect, however, the pads of his fingers trailing up one of her thighs to her hip and head dipping down to kiss her again.

She kissed him back with great intensity and playful aggression before pulling back and resting her hand on his cheek. "Okay, maybe we should save this for tonight. I've always loved making you wait to the very last minute anyways," she snickered, getting out of bed and grabbing her bathrobe. "Taking a shower now before I forget."

Isaac flopped back on their bed, letting out a sigh of defeat as he watched Isabella disappear into the bathroom. It was a few moments before he accepted his fate, but accept it he did, and he rolled to his feet then set about finding something to wear while his wife showered. Actual clothes, even, as he decided to skip their usual "shorts aren't a complete outfit, even on hot days" discussion and proceed directly to breakfast. Sensible shorts, a tee shirt in a light enough color that it wouldn't draw too much heat, and sandals. With that done, he settled down with one of his books to read until Isabella was ready to go.

Isabella got ready accordingly, taking a faster shower than usual and picking up a simple outfit from her closet without much thought. A lightweight shirt with wide sleeves and a pair of smooth khaki capris. She put on her daylight amulet and watch, grabbed her purse, and came out of the room. "Ready? I see you are. No complaints from me." She grabbed the car keys and tossed them to Isaac. "Your turn to drive." The couple walked out of their home to head towards downtown New Orleans in Isaac's car.

Interaction: Two lovely lovebirds @Spectre of the Fade @espoir
Mention: No One
Translations:
*My love, don't leave me. Stay.
*My love

• Love
Reactions: Spectre of the Fade
Jenny Masol
awkN095.png
Interactions: Francesca @espoir / Sin @BladeX

It was early in the morning when Jenny left her bakery to try and do up some inspirations for her next cake. She had gotten an order from a client who wanted a cake with a beach theme for her daughter so what better place to find inspiration than the beautiful beaches of New Orleans. She smiled and got onto her motor before leaving towards the sparkling sands.

It wasn't long before Jenny arrived. She put her motor on the parking lot next to the beach and decided to go to a part that was always less crowded by people because there were barely any facilities nearby and these days people are lazy. She yawned a bit and had brought her half broken down sketchbook and some pencils with her. She walked onto the beach not noticing two other people yet.

When she neared though, she definitely noticed them. She could immediatly notice these two weren't normal humans. Jenny also remembered hearing around the city that the Originals were gathering up in New Orleans, but neither of these two looked like an Original. She approached them with a smile on her face and her sketchbook and pencils in hand.

"G'day ladies! Great weather we have here huh? Seems you two also knew to come to the calmer part of the beach. The name is Jenny Masol, I own that famous pastry bakery close to here so don't be afraid to come by some time"

[tabs]

[tab=Alexandra]
Alexandra rubbed her face in her pillow and tugged on the sheets. Her comforter was so... comfortable, for lack of a better word, and so was Jamie. She turned around, eyes closed, and tried to reach out and touch the man, but it appeared he'd disappeared out of thin air. Alexandra opened her eyes. Where did he run off to? Was last night a sham?

"Jamie?" she called out. Her voice softened. "Where the hell are you?"

Alexandra got out of bed and threw on her bathrobe and slippers. She rubbed her eyes, tired and out of it. Freshly baked batter and crispy bacon wafted through the air. She guided her body down the curved stairs and took a right. "Jamie?" She entered the kitchen and saw him making food, a miraculous feat in her book.

"You're making food."

She went over to the bar and sat down in the neoclassical-style chair. There didn't seem to be much Alexandra could say. Last night was amazing. Thank you for letting me drink your blood. I'm glad you didn't leave me. Perhaps silence is the best answer for now. "I hope you found the kitchen okay. I know this place is a bit of a maze for you."

She tried to start a conversation, but it didn't really do her any good. Of course he'd found the kitchen- he was making breakfast in it for pete's sake. "I mean- nevermind." She yawned, unsure where they'd go from here. His return was prominent in her life but she couldn't figure out where they'd go from now.

Were they just lovers? Hook ups? What did Jamie want?

She mulled over her thoughts as she stared out the window at the man trimming the garden bushes outside.

Could go for some blood right now.

Interaction: Jamie @BlueFlameNikku

[/tab]
[tab=Francesca]
It seemed that Francesca was the spotlight of the day, relaxing in the shade until not one, but two girls decided to come over and say hi. Sin's superficial shyness made her question made Francesca question the attractive lady's internal motives for coming over and Jenny's sudden appearance and friendly tone had startled the vampire. She'd quickly deduced that Jenny was a hunter and that Sin was a werewolf, a notion that made her uncomfortable despite the fact that she was typically stronger and faster than both. She looked down at her dog and started petting her again.

"I'm sorry. She's unable to be petted. It distracts her from her job. You're unable to pet her either, um, Ms. Masol..." She trailed off, unsure what to do with a hunter around. Francesca internally grimaced and tried to turn the spotlight away from her. "Um, what's your name?" Her eyes glanced at the ginger-haired girl briefly before they fell quickly to her side once again. It was difficult to maintain eye contact on an appropriate level. Francesca didn't want to be rude and just tell both of them to leave, so she continued to pet her dog and try to talk to them.

"I just thought you were pretty out there. I don't really like sweets..."

Francesca pursed her lips and criticized herself. That was completely beyond the subject and she looked like a fool in front of the hunter. Francesca stayed on guard; there was no telling what the hunter might be thinking about doing; she could just want her to come over to her bakery just so she can stab her with a knife and watch her bleed, or worse, stake her with a white oak ash dagger in the heart and crush her heart. Hunters were known to be ruthless and it was always the friendly ones you had to look out for. "I'm sorry, I just, um. Yeah."

Interaction: Sin @BladeX, Jenny @MisterGrumpyLoli

[/tab]
[/tabs]

⌘ GABRIEL EMSWORTH ⌘
Human (mostly) ⌘ Location: Some local cafe ⌘ Mood: Energetic ⌘ Tagged: @espoir but open for interaction
It was the sun streaming in the east facing window (the massive one closest to the couch) that woke Gabe up at some ungodly hour of the morning. His mouth was as dry as the Sahara, his left eye was doing this weird thing where it was tearing up for no reason, his neck was definitely not liking the bent angle he'd had it at all night, and he'd definitely slept in his clothes. Gross.

Gabe promptly let himself fall over, laying down on the couch and curling up with one of the pillows over his head so the sun wasn't in his eyes. Mere minutes later, he was breathing deeply and nearly asleep again, hopeful that he'd get a better roll to "wake up feeling like an actual human" the second try. But then there was a broken meow from the floor. Gabe was wide awake immediately and let out a whining noise, lifting his head up to give his cat a soft glare. Booples sat on the floor near the end of the couch he'd chosen to curl up on, tail flicking. The yellow eyes that stared at him were filled with hope and longing...or maybe something more like "fucking human, not getting my fucking food, get the fuck up and feed me". It was hard to tell with cats.

A loud groan and no small amount of grumbling later, Gabe was up. Officially up, seeing as he was bad at falling asleep again after actually getting up no matter how insane the hour he rose. He fed the cat first, filling up her food dish and cleaning her water dish with the slow pace of a tired man. The dishes were tacky looking things, both of them metal and glittery with the food dish a bright pink and the water dish an equally bright purple. He was fond of them, though. They'd been a gift from his mother that was perhaps too enthusiastic about things that sparkled and he didn't quite want to replace them.

His daily duty to his cat fulfilled, Gabe trudged into the kitchen and rifled through his cupboards for a bowl of his own. Then...then he noticed the movie next to his keys and his phone and his wallet and his headphones laid out on the counter closest to the front door.

"Shit," he mumbled, picking the case up and tapping it against his opposite palm a few times before setting it back down. His heart sunk down in his chest, shoulders slumping with it, the pout on his face directed at one of the cabinets as there was no one here he could beg. He'd forgotten about Addy. Fallen asleep when he was supposed to be cheering her up. Probably made her shitty day worse.

He proceeded to have a pity party for himself for the next ten minutes, too guilt ridden to continue with his morning routine. Finally, though, he rose, and set about doing morning stuff, albeit with a bit more unhappy noises and his "Sad Days" playlist providing the soundtrack. Vacuuming his apartment had to take highest priority, unfortunately, since it was a weekend cleaning tradition he was loathe to break. Then he made a small breakfast for himself, skipping coffee for once because he had plans. Then the entire getting ready ritual he'd done the previous night, repeated because sleeping in his clothes was gross, with the noteworthy addition of ten minutes of meditation. It was a relaxing practice. Helped him focus, and he liked to think it helped with the snappy temper he'd had since he was too young to be so angry.

Once that was all done, Gabe flopped onto his couch before pulling out his phone. He sent a few texts, thumbs moving fast across the keyboard of the fancy thing, then he set his phone down on the couch beside him.

To Addy the Magnificent: Hey
To Addy the Magnificent: You should let me buy you coffee and like a dozen cheese danishes
To Addy the Magnificent: Unless it's a muffin morning?

There. That was good, right? Food was the fastest way to buy his affection, so he figured it was the same with other people, and he definitely needed to make up for the night previous. Even though staying in and having a pity party sounded like a good way to waste the day... No. Nope, he was going out. To get coffee, at least. He wanted to see people and no one wanted to go to pity parties. Gabe managed to wait all of two minutes for Addy to respond before he elected to head to the cafe by himself. It was just a short walk away. And he wasn't going to blow her off or anything, he was going to tell her to meet him there if she was down for coffee and baked goods. And he'd go to Addy's place if she wasn't in the mood for people. Okay, maybe he just really wanted his morning coffee. He made sure to give Booples pets before he left his apartment, locking the door behind him, and walked towards the cute little cafe near his apartment building with a brisk pace.

He arrived at the place a few minutes later, joining the line of people waiting for their morning caffeine fix. His phone was out as soon as he felt he'd staked his claim on his spot in line, and he spent the waiting period til he got to counter checking for texts and scrolling through various social media.

"Okay. If we're superheroes, I'm claiming the 'playboy billionaire' position."

Colaboration Post: Spectre & Loli (Candice & Lilith)
Candice woke up with the hug, but managed to keep herself from tensing up until the other woman had left the room. That was...odd. An odd experience. She couldn't remember the last time someone had actually bothered to give her such a simple gesture of physical affection, and it was going to be difficult to determine how she felt about it. Something for later, however. It was for private pondering, not something to consider while Lilith was still in the room.

She gave it a few minutes before she rose, but it was difficult for the werewolf to resist the tempting smell of cooking bacon.

"Good morning," she murmured as she walked over, slipping on one of the overlarge sweat shirts she wore while working out as she went. Which was what she did after breakfast. Lilith was going to delay that by a few minutes...hm. Worth the time. What did one say to another woman after such a night? "Did you sleep well?" she settled on asking, approaching Lilith without entering her personal space. Touch wasn't something Candice was particularly good at.

Lilith turned around causing her hair to sway that same way and give a really cute look to her. She had a faint blush on her face as she looked at Candice.
"Yeah I slept pretty well. It was the longest amount of sleep I've gotten in a long time actually."

She would turn off the fire right as the water for the tea finished as well. She put the bacon and egg on some plates and put some extra spices on them. She put two bags of black tea in some cups and poured some water in as a delicious smell came from the tea. She put sugar and milk on the table but wouldn't put it in her own tea.

She sat down across from Candice with her legs crossed and began calmly eating.
"But how was your night rest Candice? I do hope you slept well. We gotta be fresh in mind tor this long day ahead of us right?"
She giggled and carefully sipped her tea.

"I did sleep well, thank you," Candice responded with a soft smile, adding a bit of milk to her tea then leaving it to steep while she made short work of the bacon on her plate. She was still unsure what to think of all this. They'd made a business deal, hadn't they? Homemade breakfast wasn't typically included in a business deal. Then again, most business deals didn't involve "love". Lilith was certainly an odd individual...Candice was intrigued by the lovely vampire, to say the least.

"Breakfast is delicious," she added after a moment, taking a bite of her eggs, eyes lifting from her food to focus on Lilith. "I have my exercises, but after that, we're tourists for the day. What would you like to do? I have yet to visit the museums here. Or we could go shopping, if you'd like to update your wardrobe."

Lilith smiled happily when she heard from Candice that her breakfast was good. It made it feel like she was contributing something good. She finished her breakfast and finished her tea.

She would stand up and clean all the dishes into the dishwasher.
"Well I guess I need some new clothes. I think I am attracting too much attention wearing such dresses and all. Perhaps a nice top and some shorts would fit me nicely."

She blushed a bit and looked down to her belly softly rubbing it.
"A-And I'll join you for exercise! I wanna lose some weight... you know... to look prettier."

"Shopping it is, then, and you're welcome to join me." Candice finished her own breakfast soon enough, her dishes joining the rest in the dishwasher, and she went to one of her suitcases to get the other woman some clothes that would be suitable to work out in. Exercising with another person was something Candice hadn't done in a long time. It was...awkward, arranging her usual routine around someone else and coaching Lilith on how to do the movements without causing injury - she wasn't certain vampires could even pull muscles, but she wasn't about to risk it - but she didn't do a terrible job by her estimation.

After showers and the rest of her morning routine, Candice got dressed. A black pencil skirt and a neat button-up blouse, a couple of bracelets but nothing exaggerated, flat sandals for the sake of the hot day, and a pair of sunglasses to cap it off. She selected a pair of reasonable sandals for footwear, saving her heels for after the heat of the day.

That done, she went to find Lilith.

Lilith found the exercising quite fun. It felt really good to be a bit physically active after a few decades of not doing anything at all. After they finished she would hop in the shower and dry her hair but let it hang loose for now. She put on a simple dress and some shorter boots and went to Candice.

"I guess we are ready to leave right? I'll make sure to get something you like on me as well as I am not too much of a fashionista"
She smiled and would open the door for them before stepping out.
"You lead the way. I assume you know the best shops around."

"That I do," Candice hummed with approval in her tone, giving Lilith a searching look while she tried to determine what would look best on the woman. Shorts, she'd said...hm. There were a few shops that might have something. New Orleans was no Miami and certainly no New York, but she felt she'd be able to make do with the shops around here.

Candice took the lead with a soft smile, turning back to offer her arm to Lilith before they headed off.