Bleach: Fractured Souls (IC)

yasuke-noboru-7th-div-capt-banner-png.159209

Soul Society - 7th Division Barracks​

They sat together on a field of grass that stretched so far that it appeared endless, and it might just be. Above their heads were the clear blue sky and a setting sun casting warm rays of light. Two people sat on the blades of grass, a woman with long wavy brown hair, and a young boy with kinky black hair. His eyes shut as he rested his head on the woman's lap.

"Do you blame yourself?" She asked as she smiled down at the young boy.

"In a way, yes. If I'd just done something different, Lt. Kenta might still be with us."
He opened his burning orange eyes and gazes into the blue gems he remembers. "If I'd just fought alongside Aiji from the beginning, we might have been able to save him."

"Maybe...or maybe you would be coming with some other way to blame yourself. You couldn't have possibly known that would happen. I'm sure your friend understands that too."
She tries to comfort the boy and ease his thoughts. "Blaming yourself will only cause you grief. Haven't you learned that after so many years? You still blame yourself for things you have zero control of."

"When you died, I blamed my own weakness, as well as you for throwing your life away to protect me. Now that I gained power, I can only blame my obstinacy. I sat back and watch Aiji fight alone while Lt. Kenta was having a hole put in his chest."
The boy sighed, sat straight up, and took his head out of the woman's lap. "Maybe I shouldn't take responsibility for his death, but I can take responsibility for getting his revenge." He clenched his right hand and raised it to eye level. "That I can do." His voice was deeper and he had entered adulthood in a blink of an eye.

"So you're choosing revenge. Haven't I warned you that anger shouldn't fuel your actions? It seems no matter how old some people get, they'll always remain the same. Just keep in mind that revenge is like a sweet candy, too much will leave your teeth rotten. An obsession will do more harm to you than the one you want to harm."

Yasuke stood up from the ground and looked up at the setting sun before him. "Then I'll let them rot until they fall apart. I may not shed a tear for Lt. Kenta, but I'll shed much blood in his honor." Yasuke thought back to the incident from two weeks ago, and the suspicious pair scientist he met with Aiji and Kenta always seemed to come to mind. The pair were the last people he was seen alive with. "I guess it's time for me to go. We'll speak again, Zuichan, dreaming about you always makes me feel better. You would have made a great lieutenant, possibly even captain. " Yasuke said as he walked off into the distance toward the setting sun until he vanished.

Yasuke opened his eyes and sees that he'd fallen asleep at his desk and on the job. A rare occurrence for such an uptight guy. He yawns and cracks his neck before pushing back his chair and getting up. Today was Lt. Tajiro Kenta's funeral and he obligated to attend it. Once the funeral was complete, Yasuke was sure he'd hear something from Capt. Commander Bayroad on their next move. Two weeks was far too long for Yasuke and he was growing ever more impatient.

"Central 46 has been wasting our time with this pointless investigation.
We're still missing Shinigami and they want us to sit on our hands until they say so. I can't stand those morons sometimes. If more of our own turn up dead then we know who's lack of action is to blame.
" He thought to himself as he exited his office. "All they want to do is just waste time. They had two whole weeks to question Capt. Yukimura's team and they're just getting to it? Worthless bureacrates, the lot of them. The only good thing that could come from this is putting that witch in jail for couple thousand years, but that was a pipe dream, Yukimura would slither her way out of trouble as usual. As for Capt. Kagutsuchi and Lt. Kashiwabara, this will probably roll off them as well. Central 46 is known for wasting time and not achieving anything important."

Last edited:
Division 5
Captain Ishioka
5th barrack > Funeral location
"captain, these are the recites for yesterday" one of Ishioka's subordinates says placing a stack of papers on his desk. " thank you" Yoshitaka says taking the stack before skimming through them before standing up. "Harumi" he says stopping his subordinate from leaving.
" yes captain" the young shinigami says turning around " what can you tell me about Tajiro Kenta?" Yoshitaka says while he stands up and walks towards his office window. "Lt Kenta?" Harumi says with a confused tone " though i have met him in person from time to time, i have never actaully gotten to know him personally, his funeral is soon and i...."
"say no more captain" Harumi says smiling

" I attended the Acdemy with Kenta-san, he was a hard worker who was always full of energy, though he would lose his temper at times, Kenta-san was a kind man who could make others smile" Harumi says as she looks down as she begins to tear up. " forgive me captain" shes wiping her eyes. " uh?! Forgive me for asking " Yositaka says quickly trying to calm his subordinate. " i did not mean to.."
Before he could finish his sentence, Harumi lunges forward and hugs the captain before continuing to cry making the Yoshitaka tense up . " uh? It... its ok"
He says awkwardly patting her on her head while he looks around his office.
" do you want to attend his funeral?, oh!, ok, thats fine" Yoshitaka says when Harumi only began to cry harder when he asked .

" head captain!" Yoshitaka says looking at the door making Harumi quickly turn around and bow only to look up confused when she saw no one standing in the doorway. " i believe.... the head captain would not want me to be late to Lt Kenta's funeral" he says stepping back to his window " i should really get going if before im going to, ..........good job " Yoshitaka says before leaping out of his office window before making his way to the funeral.

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the Seireitei / Graveyard of the Fallen

"I know it would mean a lot to Lieutenant Kenta. He was a wonderful Lieutenant."

"Indeed. My sympathies, Lady Maekawa. And to you, Captain Kusanagi. I had heard you were on his team as well... And that would be quite a shock."

"It- yes, it would be. And maybe things would be different, had events not gone as they did." Was Aiji actually sorrowful regarding Kenta's death? Or was the lieutenant merely a convenient target in which to project anger at his own inadequacies? "But I suppose that's a fact of our life, isn't it? We dole out death, and are doled out death in return."

Where the hell had this somber mood come from? He wasn't being honest; the Hollows weren't killed, but merely cleansed in order to enter the Soul Society. It was a sacrifice he and his brothers and sisters made, putting themselves in danger to save damned souls. But in such scenarios, when the Seireitei suffered a death in the line of duty, it somehow felt like justified karma for their violence. And the suspicious and indeed damning presence of those two humans in the human park only served to make the lieutenant's death seem all the more pointless.

"I-I'm sorry, but could you...um..."

Aiji blinked, pulling himself from his dour introspection. The flowers, so carefully arranged, had fallen from Lt. Tachibana's hands. He hurried to gather them, feeling small pangs of regret at each bruised petal.

"Here, Lieutenant." It was a meager gathering of what had fallen, perhaps; it looked like several of the flowers had danced their way farther into the graveyard. They caught on small imperfections in gravestones and the grass surrounding them, as if the pain Minori felt had only served to honor others unintentionally. He glanced at Maekawa, uncertain how to handle the lieutenant from another division. Captains Tora would have the experience, more than he, and she would certainly know Minori better. "Is everything okay? It's not like you to drop formality and curse."

@Doctor Jax @Artorias

uRl9bI1.jpg

SOUL SOCIETY
SEIREITEI - FUNERAL GROUNDS
KASHIWABARA HAJIME

Knowing his Captain's tendencies, Hajime had already gotten a seated Shinigami of the 10th division to prepare sake for the sly fox. There was something else that was on the Lieutenant's mind in the meantime. He was not there, at their barracks. It had been approximately two weeks since their return from the World of the Living.

Hajime had a face that would easily express loss. His friendship with Tajiro Kenta was quite good. Whenever he felt bored, he would always turn up to bother his friend, but those days. Those days were no longer there. Due to some unique, unfortunate and crazy circumstances the Lieutenant is still trying to wrap his head around, his dear friend was found dead on a rooftop.

According to their investigation, and all the reports, they could still never figure out what truly happened. All they knew, was about two suspicious humans who knew of the Shinigami. Were they really behind it? It all pointed towards them. Who else could it be? A mere hollow, an abomination couldn't best Tajiro in battle.

Central 46 also brought the Lieutenant in for questions regarding the matter. It was more or less directed towards both Kagetsuchi and Yukimura-san. These old men wanted Hajime to throw them under the bus, to give them a solid case against them. Yes, a lot could have been avoided while they were there, but the strength behind the abomination they fought, the others fought, was unlike others.

Two weeks in, and Hajime was swiftly using his Zanpakutō to train. To hone his skills. There was a training ground both him and Tajiro Kenta had found, yet now, it felt empty. Picking up a small cup with some sake, he gulped it down. "For you my friend.." He simply reminisced about the time they used some free time to drink after sparring with one another.

Turning to his side, he gazed upon the blue vast sky. It was endless. How far did it reach? There was no time to go into deep thoughts. Sheating his Zanpakutō he left for the funeral. After a thorough investigation by the fourth and the first division, they could only determine that the reiatsu that was around the hole was to that of a hollow. It was dark, sinister and twisted.

On his way to the funeral grounds, there were a bunch of citizen and Shinigami walking down the path in two beelines. Holding the casket with the body, Hajime could clearly see the faces of the people around. It was gloomy, sad, filled with sorrow and much more. Eventually, they made it to the cemetery.

For the honorable Shinigami who died in battle, this was their burial grounds. A big vast green field with more headstones than he could count. This entire place was filled with history. He noticed Minori-san, Maekawa-san, Kusanagi-san waiting up ahead. It did not take long before Bayroad-sama and Kanadzuchi-san also made their appearance. With time, more and more people showed up to pay their respect.

Some brought flowers, others brought charms, and whatever that was suitable for such a situation as this. Hajime took his place next to the others, standing next to none other than a fellow Lieutenant. "Minori-san." A simple yet short smile in her direction, before he turned serious. You could see sadness in his eyes, but also strength. His curiosity to find answers was strong. How could this happen? They had to find out.

@Artorias @Doctor Jax @Red Thunder

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Doctor Jax
C E N T R A L 4 6
SEIREITEI

Nonsense and nonsense. Like always this particular Shinigami was all for theatrics. Always blowing things up in proportions. The wise men were not satisfied with her response. It was as if Captain Yukimura had forgotten one vital thing. Despite the shortcomings from their visit to the World of the Living, what really annoyed the old men was her attitude, her personality.

Throwing everything she said thus far to the side, as if it did not matter. The most important, vital goal is the safety of the humans. Yet, humans were behind this? Such utter nonsense. "Captain Yukimura! You dare speak to us in such a manner? Show respect. It is your actions in Nagoya City that has brought you before us!."

"The fact that you, and your fellow Captain, Shuzo Kagetsuchi failed to utilize the device is foolish. Its stupid."

"If humans have been involved in the matters of the Shinigami and require our assitance, we will help them. We will do so. You will do so. Your division.. Gotei 13 is obligated to do so. We are their protectors. You are their protectors. Have you forgotten that?."

"You talk about the humans who ask questions. We are disappointed that the head of the research and development division failed to use Kikanshinki. How could you forget about it?!. That device is solely used for humans who end up questioning the unknown."

"It is."

"Yes, yes, how could you forget."

"Heh.. Goes to show. It does not surprise me."

"She always did like to blow things out of proportions."

"Calling in a terrorist attack!? She could have done better."

"Yes, perhaps we need to find a replacement."

"Replacement? So soon? Maybe.."

"Do we have a better candidate?"

"We do not...."

"Despite what we got?"

"SILENCE!"

The wise men of the Central 46 were talking amongst one another to decide what to do with Captain Yukimura. So many different opinions over a matter that was solved by another Shinigami. Another Shinigami who used Kikanshinki to make the humans who were involved in the destructive event created by Yukimura.

"She was behind it. We all know."

"There's also the matter of Ayao, Imada"

"It couldn't have been a mere hollow."

"But the reports suggests otherwise."

"We do not have all the answers yet."

In that moment, silence echoed throughout the area. All of their attention returned back to Captain Yukimura.

"Know that this matter is far from over. You can return to your division but we will be keeping an eye on you indefinetely. The funds to your department will also be limited. You will have supervised access to the information that has been gathered thus far from Nagoya City. You will not investigate into the death of Tajiro Kenta. The answers you want will be provided to you by the fourth division. That is all, you can leave!"

@RedArmyShogun

Soul Society
Seireitei - Central 46

lp0wKKz.png

Clenching her Jaw something fierce, she would have struck those old fools down dead and there if she had the power to do so, these simple minded fools. It was like dealing with running the family store once more, they wanted something to blame when the mismanagement at the top was responsible for this, with her loyalty always being towards what her position allowed her to do rather than to Central, the contempt and anger she felt was thinly hidden behind a smiling face that bowed low;

"As you wish. I'll just continue with my current project and provide my thoughts on all of this at another time."

Storming from the room, the Captain yells as soon as the heavy doors are shut, hitting a fist into the wall next to her angrily voicing her opinion of the events that had unfolded. While she didn't care much for Central or even most of her kind she was not treacherous, letting her resentment linger would have given rise to thoughts that would have endangered her position and in either case she didn't much care who seen her outburst.

"My actions!? If I had meet those bloody humans their heads would be at the foot of these chambers! Mark my words, the humans made those Hollow.. But yes let's just erase the memories, as if that would erase the ACID EATING INTO THE WALLS!! And why in the hell was the science division tasked with leading an investigation?!" Looking in front of her, Yukimura's 3rd seat was bowed as if to apologize or to introduce another matter to the Captain's attention.

"Ah.. Visitors so soon? Ah! You!"

Looking pointedly at the leader of the Forth Division, Yukimura extends a finger to point at her fellow Captain, a look of anger to her face, though seemingly related to her rant rather than the woman before her.

"Those Wise ones are why my former Captain willingly passed away you know.. Those old men saying we protect humans, but did they ever bother once to question what is human?...ah I'm getting side tracked. I'm technically forbidden from looking into this matter directly, but tell me... Did Kenta have anything strange about his body or in his autopsy? This is important for me to know and could decide a great many things.

Ah, Mizuki still here huh? Don't worry yet, as of now I'm still too useful to Central.. But I'm afraid our research will have to be out of pocket, I plan to boost the store's sales..as much as I'm loath to admit it my Family Wealth might be needed to save us from this."

With the mounting rage and ridicules nature of her charges, Central had done as it always had, not solved a single problem, blamed others, then of course would take the credit when it was resolved. With anger and resentment building and probing from the depths of her mind, her Zanpakuto was pleased with this outcome, hoping to finally be free from it's confines, the confines it's master held deep down in her core..

"Hmm.. Mizuki, Captain Akahoshi, walk with me.. depending on your answer I would like to present to you a theory to test as they will not allow me to do so. In case they remove me for having an opinion.. If I am correct it is of the upmost importance you know this, the fate of the Shinigami may depend on it.. Otherwise I feel the urge to beat down on a Barbarian or two.. I sense them... Third Seat, pay respects to the Lieutenant on my behalf, I feel it's best I do not go."

"Your attitude at times would make you a great member of Central 46.."

"What was that?" Glaring angrily at her third seat, Kayami seemed more than a bit displeased at being associated with Central, even if her arrogance made it a somewhat accurate statement.

"N-nothing Ma'am I'll leave you to it."

Bowing and vanishing quickly, Yukimura stretches out her senses and makes way for the 2nd Division, the signatures of more than a few Barbarians were obvious to her from there, the Kenpachi would likely enjoy this, well provided neither of them went too far, though the smiling form of her Zanpakuto seemed to be hoping for the opposite.

@Sailor Moon @QuakeUPSB

(Choo-choo mother fuckers, coming for you in next post)

@BlueFlameNikku @Detective Zero @Karyra

Last edited:
l7R8QY6.png

Soul Society | Division 9 Captain's Office ---> Cemetary​

Two weeks had passed and all the Shinigami had settled back into their spiritual homes after their little field trip. Though rather than settling in, perhaps it was better to say that the whole fiasco just changed venues. Strange Humans, strange Hollows, and then—then there was Kenta. They had suffered a loss, and to make it worse it left more questions than answers.

His death was limited in details; a body found with a hole on a rooftop. Did he lose on a one on one fight? Was he ambushed? Did another strange Hollow get to him? But it didn't feed on him. Then there was the hole. A cero? Maybe a kido or hado, but they wouldn't have any traitors, would they? What about the strange Humans? Would Humans even be capable of such a thing?

Ikeda's mind danced with hypotheses. He went to the World of the Living, and even he didn't know what the hell happened. Sitting at his desk, the paperwork piled up, but for once he was slowing down. He wasn't fatigued, he didn't get injured, he wasn't particularly devastated by the loss of one of his own—Sure, it was unfortunate. It wasn't as if he wouldn't have preferred him alive if he could do something about it—but his own thoughts and confusion spiraling in his head was what distracted him.

Sighing, he looked at the time and set his writing utensil down. The funeral for Kenta was going to start soon. Central 46 was probably still wasting everyone's time too. Those damn nobles—who thought it was a good idea for a bunch of rich people who have been served their entire existences to be in charge of people who actually purify souls and keep the cycle going needed a serious readjustment.

Pushing himself up from his desk. Ikeda needed a break from this. He couldn't focus. Too many questions, no answers. Not to mention there was that Hollow he fought. He never went all out or close to it but still—It was so fast and ate his Haien like candy. Were their stronger Hollows than he gave credit for? No—that had to be the cream of the crop; an aberration. It just took him off guard a bit, paired with the casualty they endured he was starting to enter self-doubt. No damn time for that.

Approaching the funeral grounds, the young Captain's feet had carried him there. It was more instinctual than intentional, his mind still buried in questions. His face still carried the same bored expression, but with a hint of conflict that differed from the usual tinge of annoyance.

He noticed many had already arrived, all obviously downtrodden. Even Maekawa, the rock, had a different air about her. Minori was different too, though not from the expression of emotion. Were it a different time, he might of jested about her lack of flamboyancy.

Pausing, Ikeda had to admit, he hated things like this. He had lost people to Hollows too, not Shinigami, but friends in the Rukongai in his days before the academy. What the hell were you supposed to say? Sorry for your loss? My condolences? Honestly, he found he detested it more when people actually said something than when they said nothing. It was like it reaffirmed what they all wanted to run away from. Not to mention he was there in the same place as him. They were in different areas sure, but maybe if they just killed the damn Hollow faster...

Watching the gatherings of people and decor, Ikeda clicked his tongue.

"...Just what the hell are you supposed to say...?" He muttered to himself.

screen-shot-2018-03-28-at-1-16-08-pm-png.157520

Somewhere in the sands of Las Noches
Blood was being spilled across the white sands...a lot of blood. Screams of anguish, cries for mercy; perhaps the most unsettling thing for most was the unnatural silence that fell afterwards. Godfrey stood their, high atop a mound of corpses that had to be at least a dozen feet high. One could hardly call them bodies at this point in their current shape and state. A large pool of blood had already formed around it. The only other living thing upon the mound other than Godfrey was a female fraccion clawing at Godfrey's longsword as it was already piercing through her midsection. She seemed to struggle, desperately trying to cling to life until she too went still like all the rest. The man had kept his promise to his partner, he said she could take a seat back and he'd take care of whatever riffraff came out. He'd removed his blade from its latest fleshy sheath, letting the newest corpse off down the side of the mound.

"Looks like they knew the Segundo was coming and made sure to send a shit load of cannon fodder." He paused. "Have I ever mentioned that being stuck with you always ends up with me having so much extra crap to deal with?" Clear annoyance in his tone though slightly uncaring in his delivery as he addressed the Segundo, not bothering to look in her immediate direction as he casually walked off of the pile onto the air itself.

@Doctor Jax

• Love
Reactions: Doctor Jax

Aiune Noistine - Sexta

Hueco Mundo - Surface

Aiune's cloak was left spread out on the sand, her shield and sword neatly laid side by side. It was near Tres's banner that had successfully gained the attention of the insurgency. The insurgency came in a large group, some with looks of terror in their eyes while other remain confident, hard, and ready to fight. They took their time arriving, luckily for Aiune, she had Erik hostage and was able to prattle on to him about what she liked. She went on and on about her favorite bird, the peacock, or was it called the peafowl? Oh, It did matter, Aiune knew it as a pretty bird and that was enough. She loved how colorful they were, especially when they show off their tails and the many eyes that marked it. Their metallic color only added to their unique beauty. They were living pieces of art to her and many others.

Once they arrived, Aiune was the first to greet them, hands raised and unarmed. They knew she had no hidden weapons on her person, wearing what was practically undergarments made it hard to do so. It's not like she needed a weapon to handle these Arrancar anyway. She moved slowly, carefully, beaming at her enemy trying to disarm any tension in the air. "Hi! We're happy you came." She spoke for both for her partner and herself, but Aiune doubted Erik felt the same way. "We've come in peace and to make an offer to you all."

One Arrancar steps forward, a behemoth of a man carrying a large straight sword on his back. His face had a horizontal scar going across it that lead into his mask were it became a crack. His teeth jagged and sharp, hair was long and unkempt, and his black colored eyes intense. "Peace? We don't want peace or need it!" He roared reaching for his sword. His voice was guttural, loud, and unpleasant to the ears. "You challenge us with that silly banner and you talk about peace? We came for blood girl, to take your heads with our blades and parade them around Hueco Mundo and my soon to be home, Las Noches!"

Aiune kept up her smile, remaining unfazed by the intensity of the behemoth before her. "Just hush for a moment and hear me out dear...please." The behemoth growled at Aiune's hush comment, but would let her speak for now. Her tone was annoying, patronizing and only served to tick off the man before her. "Our master, the Primera has ordered us to take care of you. Now some of us may have already started doing so in rather unpleasant ways. I'm giving you people a chance to join us, and to serve under me as one of my Fraccion. Just lay your weapons at my feet and none of you will have to get hurt or worse." She said this as kindly as she could. She insinuated she was meant to kill them if they didn't comply, so this was more an ultimatum if anything.

The behemoth couldn't help but chuckle while Aiune spoke to him and his group. "I told you, we came for blood, to kill you two and all the others who live in our home, our castle." The behemoth drew his sword and his face change from one laugher to one of rage. "You dare disrespect me with such an offer. The only value you could ever hold to me is to warm my bed, to clean my chambers, and to break you when I grow tired of your face. To bad for you bitch, that has already happened!" he quickly drew his sword from his back and swung it down at Aiune who stood there defenseless and unarmed.

Aiune reacted off instinct, her smile went flat and caught his sword with her left hand. She looked into his dark eyes and saw the shock on his face. "Don't ever..." There was a surge of reishi in her body that gathered in her right arm, shoulder and upper back. She pulled her right arm back and made a fist. "...talk to me like that again!" Aiune then delivered a mighty punch to the center of the brute's stomach. Her single punch left him stunned, unable to move for a few seconds before collapsing to his knees. His reaction to her punch was almost comical, he would be laughing if it was anyone else. He then fell to his side and released the grip he had on his sword. Aiune then dropped it at he feet and looked at the rest of them. "Lay your weapons at my feet, just like your friend here." She wasn't smiling anymore, and if they were smart, they would start dropping their weapons immediately.

@RedArmyShogun

Last edited:
schoolgirl-with-a-katana-sword_577214621.jpg

Mizuki looked up at the 4th Division Captain, smiling slightly despite her mild annoyance. "Yes, I'm always there for my Captain. Well, when I can be." Realizing the Captains interest in her book, the Lieutenant perked up. "Yes, reading is so important, and this book-It's quite good. The twist at the end makes me shiver every time. I've never read the sequel unfortunately. I feel worried it might taint my love for the series."

When Captain Yukimura came out from her hearing, it was clear she was displeased with how everything had gone. The 3rd Seats comments towards her disposition didn't help either. Hearing her Captain explain the results, Mizuki sighed. Central 46's views seemed shortsighted; unable to understand the current situation or why her captain had done the things she had. Following her down the hall and out the Courtyard, Mizuki listened quietly, wondering what devious thoughts were running through her division leaders head.​

yTEk4k1.png

Minori was in the middle of retrieving another of her dropped flowers as Captain Kusanagi mentioned her breach of conduct, and a moment of panic crossed her face. Oh no. I did say that out loud. Her eyes briefly flickered to Maekawa, overly aware that she was in the presence of a member of a Great Noble house, herself from one of the lesser families.

I thought you disliked so much noble formalities? Oh? Habits are hard to break, aren't they, child?

She swallowed and stood back up to her full height (a far cry from tall, though), and she answered with a sigh, "Just frustration. You'll have to excuse me. I had earned a few occupational injuries while you and the other captains were away, as luck would have it. Criminals have a knack for bad timing, and I'll be in recovery just a little longer. Fingers went numb, is all. It's a real nuisance."

Minori flexed a hand as if to show what she meant, still noting how odd it was to see her hand move, but not feel it. At the very least, the paralytic agent was gone and she had control, but the fact she couldn't judge grip and touch well was very disconcerting. Her other hand had a large gauze patch where she'd gripped a glass too tight and shattered it, unaware that she'd tensed far too much. Training had been out of the question, lest the blade fly out of her grip and severely injure a bystander.

It seemed that in their gabbing, Minori had missed some others streaming in. She nodded in response to Hajime, adding, "Good to see you again, Lieutenant."

However, what really grabbed her attention was a familiar, young face in the crowd, another captain. She had been avoiding Ikeda for some time now, especially after the debacle of a mission she'd tried to lead. It hurt her pride to know she'd been so off her game, but there always seemed to be a mission like that now and again. There was also the fact that paperwork was backed up because she had a hard time writing with her hands as numb as they were. All in all, she just didn't want to know what he thought of her at the moment.

But his mind was perhaps on other things right now.

With a quick 'excuse me', she walked towards Ikeda as the pallbearers walked with the casket containing the young Lieutenant's body. As she approached, she could hear him mutter to himself, perhaps a rhetorical question, and she felt it herself, that gnawing doubt. She knew from experience that there was not a single thing that could be said to alleviate the grief, not at the apex of one's mourning.

It did not help that Minori was well-aware this funeral could have been a two-for-one deal, and she suppressed a shiver.

It is funny that this was once something you desired with all your heart. Age most definitely brings change, does it not, child?

"In my experience, nothing. But offering to have a cup of tea after everything is over makes a hell of a lot of difference. My apologies, Captain, for my absence... and my poor performance as of late," Minori said as she approached, bowing formally to Ikeda.

@Red Thunder @Artorias @Akashi @EmperorsChosen

Igieda Monterrez

The wind blew across the white sands, and the Segundo's white stole fluttered at its touch. The woman's blind eyes were pointed towards the north, facing away from the carnage that her partner was inflicting upon the dissidents that had so foolishly sided with the former lords of Hueco Mundo. It was a pity to her that they could not be assimilated under Saru's regime - but that was not his way. They had shown resistance.

And what could resist a god?

"Your work is well-appreciated, Mister Hastings," the Segundo drawled in a monotone. "I apologize for the trouble. Though admittedly, for someone who is dealing with so much 'trouble', you seem to be enjoying yourself."

She gestured to the piles that surrounded them, the term 'body' serving a generous function to whatever lay scattered about. The grounds were steeped in blood, white pieces of bone masks and weapons becoming reincorporated into the shifting sands. To their left was a fort made from the crystalline trees that had been put together to form a rather sturdy, small fortress.

"Though you are right. I have not been pulling my weight. My apologies," the Arrancar said quietly. She removed a hand from her stole, pointing it in the direction of the fortress where she could sense more 'cannon fodder', as Godfrey had so crassly put it. Too weak to even eat. She swiped her open palm down, and the fortress was swallowed by the sand, as the density of the ground beneath it abruptly became as thick as water. The few conglomerate souls who managed to leave the structure clawed as the sand buried them alive, finding no purchase.

There was a moment of silence before Igieda asked, "Do you believe we are next, Mister Hastings?"
//mentioned
@BlueFlameNikku//interaction

• Love
Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
yasuke-noboru-7th-div-capt-banner-png.159209

Soul Society - Cemetery

Yasuke had finally arrived at the cemetery, a place no one was ever happy to be. He'd lost many subordinates and friends in the line of duty, and being here only stirred up unpleasant memories. As soon as he stepped foot in the cemetery, he felt the heavy sorrow and regret in the air. Before joining his fellow Shinigami, Yasuke took a deep breath and composed himself.

He soon joined everyone at Lt. Kenta burial site. Seeing Capt. Maekawa there early was no surprise, but looking at her was harder than it should've been. Every step toward the sight was a chore, it was easier knowing he wouldn't be alone with her. He knows none of this was his fault, this was the life of a Shinigami after all, so why did he feel this way? The 9th Division 1st and 2nd were already present, Capt. Kazuoshi and his Lt. Tachibana. She was the one who put this entire thing together. Others present were Lt. Kashiwabara and Capt. Kusanagi to name a few. Yasuke wonder how Aiji was handling this situation, was he able to burden his guilt if had any?

As he walked up chose to comment on the decorations, refusing to look anyone in the eyes preferring not see their tears or sorrow. He wasn't a fan crying. He was never the type to tear up in front others or show he was in some type of pain. In Yasuke's chest was probably a little bottle or a lockbox that he kept his heart in. "Wonderful decorations, I'm sure Lt. Kenta would have liked this." It felt odd speaking up, he was probably better off just staying quiet and remaining in the background. Still, it wasn't yet time for a moment of silence.

Yasuke lifted his eyes and looked toward one of the pallbearers. It was unexpected to see Kashiwabara holding up Kenta's casket. He never knew they were close, there was probably a lot that Yasuke didn't know about the people around him. His relations with most of them strictly work, preferring to keep his fellow Shinigami at arm's length instead of really getting to know them. At least the turn out for the funeral was big, seems the young lieutenant had touched many lives before his death.

Reactions: Red Thunder
xZdzG08.png

Soul Society
2nd Division Courtyard

The blue-haired Lieutenant was all the more ready to continue until a welcomed challenge came dropping in, telling her combatants to sod off. Easing her stance, Kairi straightened up as she still maintained her shikai; her arms and legs were covered completely in metallic-like gauntlets and boots, the arms covered even all the way to her elbow as was her legs with her shins and knees, a simple 'harness' around her body otherwise. As for her own Captain, her silence was enough to him she acknowledged he was there, letting him lull the others before the Kenpachi had arrived. Hanabi made a remark about training and she was right, but the Amazoness only gave a toothy grin, "You're right.. On my own personal gains I'd be wasting my time.. But our men needs to know the experience as well.. For what it was worth, they were doing alright at their current levels, even your men started to use teamwork. Progress..."

She tilted her head to the side as her grin widened thinking back on Hanabi's other words, about taking over and giving a real challenge, real 'training.' Brushing a gloved hand through her hair, the familiar red glint in her violet eyes was apparent, "You know me so well, Hanabi-chan..." She left it at that. Her teeth were bared in a joyful smile some of the lower ranks would swear they heard a beast viciously growl. She was off in an instant as she transitioned from a lax, standing position to one that was suddenly gunning for the Kenpachi, her own reiatsu leaking out in droves in a lavender color. There were no blue flames hovering behind her, making it clear to Hanabi that Kairi hadn't even gotten serious with her previous fighters.

@BlueFlameNikku
@Karyra
Soon to be @RedArmyShogun

// Arrancar post incoming soon!

xnswu0.png

"Yes, reading is so important, and this book-It's quite good. The twist at the end makes me shiver every time. I've never read the sequel unfortunately. I feel worried it might taint my love for the series."

"I felt the same way, but you'll be pleased to know that the sequel is just as good." Captain Akahoshi says, her lips curving upwards into a faint, but reassuring smile. Once the doors were opened up, she turned her attention to Captain Yukimaru, who seemed rather displeased with whatever had happened behind the closed doors. Akahoshi only hummed with curiosity as the other captain pointed a finger at her.

Most of what Yukimaru said was lost on Akahoshi, though she had an idea about why the 12th division captain was upset. Everyone was affected in one way or another about the loss of Kenta, but having worked so closely with the deceased allowed Yuuna to sever some of those pesky emotions, even if it was a fellow Shinigami. Her thoughts were of course confirmed once Yukimaru outright asked about the body of the Tajiro Kenta.

"I'm not sure what more I can tell you that isn't already circulating around Seireitei, Captain." Akahoshi says, somewhat apologetically. She figures it couldn't hurt to at least answer the woman's question, though. "Lt. Tajiro Kenta was found with a sizable hole in his chest. What created that hole is still a mystery to me, and I do feel some regret that I wasn't able to spend more time with his body before the burial. Perhaps if we would have spent more time studying the dark spiritual energy that surrounded the wound." Akahoshi explains, and then drifts off as she begins to think more about Kenta's fate.

Her thought process was mildly interrupted when Yukimaru mentioned something about 'barbarians'. Her natural reaction was to follow Yukimaru, though she wasn't paying too much attention what was being said by Mizuki or Yukimaru now. Instead, she watched the two women, mostly Yukimaru. Strange. Yuuna thought as she observed her fellow captain. Showing signs of distress. Neurotic... I better stick around for this one. At least this way, she would be there if anyone needed medical attention.
@QuakeUPSB @RedArmyShogun

Soul Society
Seireitei - Central 46 - 2nd Division Courtyard
lp0wKKz.png

"Is that so, tch, old fools! Listen well Captain Akahoshi, I've theorized that the Humans we met that day were either feeding weaker Shingami to the Hollow, or worse... It is possible that Kenta would have ended up the next one had he survived, even then I would wish to make sure he is dead. The Dark spiritual energy hints at it being much like a Hollow.. Curious, so very, very, very curious. Or maybe he was something else.. Either way they are related. It is possible that we killed our missing Shinigami.."

Sighing with a heavy shrug, Kayami was not in the lease pleased with the situation, as her senses stretch out, tracking down the figures she sensed, walking on. "Not like the Old Wisemen would listen to me. The very idea of our precious kin being used as experiment fodder would absolutely horrify them. More so if killing the Humans connected to this was necessary!"

Holding her hands up and speaking in a mocking tone a sinister snarl appeared on the eccentric Captain's face, who didn't seem that bothered about the Lieutenant's death so much as her hands being tied in dealing with it.

"Oh! If we erase their minds then they'll not attempt it again! HA! As if cause and effect to the scientific process is not a repeating, maddening thing! They did it before and they will again! Be wary if you look into this more, it's a hypothesis and Central is watching."

Turning towards her Lieutenant, the other was reading one of her books, drawing an arched eyebrow in turn. "Oh is it more Smut, an investigation? It's shame you were not around earlier, always fairly observant. It is good you have no major ambitions and are far more conventional, least you would be getting my lab coat. But I guess it's for the best we all have a hobby. Yours would have just helped more in an investigation."

Leaving it unsaid if it were a warning, praise, or both, the trio arrived to the Headquarters of the Second Division. Rather than being meet by any sort of greater or security detail, the flaring Aura gave some idea why.

Sure enough, Kayami came to see a few Shinigami from the Barbarian Division and members of the 2nd being tended too or clearing space, the reason being fairly obvious as the Kenpachi and the Blue Haired Sneaky Barbarian squared off.

"Greetings Shizu-San, or do I say Captain Kagesutchi? Ah, do tell your men to be on guard if they go back to the World of the Living. Well provided I can keep the funding to keep my Gigai operational.." As if saying this all as more of a formality her eyes shift to the pair setting off to battle, leaving her two compatriots to their own devices or without response, the Science Division Captain walks towards the makeshift arena's boundary.

"Ohohoho... My, my, my, a battle of Barbarians. My Dear Captain, even if you are physically handicapped that is no reason to take on a Lieutenant. Plus one foe is all too predictable, if you both wish to grow or stay sharp, then I shall oblige."

With her own aura flaring up, red and blue intermixed into a swirling flare, chaotic with no clear sign what was the start and what was the end, the woman taunts both. Stepping forward for all her talk of Civility the Captain seemed to be purposely provoking a response leaving little doubt to her intentions as a Zanpakuto appears in hand.

"Gekokujo collapse order!" Transforming into a chain blade, the wild look in the woman's eye as her blade seemingly started to melt showed she was taking this battle lesson very seriously, unleashing her own Bankai, or starting towards it.

"Gekokujo! Gya-" While not yet finished, those who had not seen the Captain's Bankai before were about to be in for a nasty surprise from the woman's normally hands off fighting style.

For now I think we should dial the fields effects back, don't you Gekokujo? It's not much of training if they can't hit me..for now..

Heh.. Like your old Quack of a Boss, Boss.. I guess there is no point in it, but don't you ever take it easy when calling for me as a habit, let us turn reason on it's head.

Erik Behrendt - Tres

Watching the display with an amused grunt, his partner sure had a lot of guts. At the very least that he could admire, though her foolishness was another matter all together. Asking them for a surrender or taking them into her own followers, Erik himself had not seen a single figure here worth his attention, a brute and his cronies. Was this really all the Rebels had to offer?

Listening to the large man's speech, Erik narrows his eyes, he had made a terrible, terrible mistake. "Heh."

While he could not deny his partner was a comely lass, he also knew Aiune was dangerous and not to be taken lightly.

With her subjection of the larger one a smarter man would have put down his arms as told, a smarter man would have computed his odds and threw his hands in the air. But living beings, or rather emotional beings were not such, they had pride, honor, fear, a diverse spectrum of emotions. Prone to violence, even if she would give them forgiveness the Primea would not. Though his partner did not need his assistance at all, the masked Warrior was not content with lurking in the shadows any longer.

With a lightning dash firing off blue aura in his wake, the Tres sliced into one of the first men to draw his blade, cutting him down in an instant. Turning towards the big man with a look of contempt in his eyes, Erik keeps his blade at the ready as he speaks condescendingly;

"While a noble bird, the Crane has a dangerous kick, you do well to remember this. Aiune do not try and befriend all that you meet, one of them may still surprise us...though I doubt that.."

Rolling his shoulders side to side, Erik ignores the larger man, slinging his blade once to clear it of blood.

"Come at me by ones or two's, fours even, I care not. Those who prod the Lion with a stick and not a spear should be culled... Blame not yourself or cause, but your martial weakness." If this were the best the Rebels had then it was of no concern, while the Primea was a tyrant he was also for lack of a better option a unifying Force, if one were to remove him without sufficient power infighting would quickly beset the Capital they called home.

And these Rebels clearly did not have that strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akashi
l7R8QY6.png

Soul Society | Funeral Grounds | @Doctor Jax
Hearing a voice speak out to him, Ikeda turned to see it was his lieutenant. He wasn't sure if she made out his murmuring or just knew him well enough to guess what was on his mind. Either way, she hit the nail on the head. What he wasn't prepared for was her apology though. Sighing, the bow itself foretold how the past events had affected her.

"...You know I don't like that formal crap..." He reminded her simply.

Besides, what did she have to apologize for? He hadn't heard much regarding her little operation since returning, being too caught up in both work as well as thought on recent events. Maybe her being around would've helped focus him on the paperwork, but then again his issue usually laid with laziness or disinterest, not distraction.

"You messed up," Ikeda began, blunt as ever, even with the current mood. "...but it's not like that's all you're known for. You've done enough that a step back or two is fine... I still have room to impress...."

It was the first time Ikeda had actually remarked on his own abilities in a way that wasn't confident. His fight with the Hollow wasn't a loss, but it should've been a one-sided win, especially with two other Captains with him. He sure as hell wasn't going to be getting in a gigai again anytime soon with the power it sapped from him. Next time a damn Hollow like that popped up, he'd blast it to Hell.

Regardless, now was not a time for self-doubt, but more of for wondering what the hell to say to the grieving, or Tachibana, for that matter.

"Just give me an update on what happened later... How're you doing?"

What he did know of the incident was that it went less than well, plus the gauze on her hand—Ikeda put two and two together. Furthermore, it brought an unwelcome thought to his head. Minori's injuries and Maekawa's grief...

It could have just as easily happened to any other lieutenant... huh?

Reactions: Detective Zero
Saru | Primera

Hueco Mundo | Throne Room
Saru sat quietly as the Arrancar slowly shuffled out of his throne room, questions lingering on their minds but this task was theirs alone to deal with. If they needed his guiding hand every step of the way then he truly had chosen the wrong one to fill a spot in his army. Holding their tongues they left--all but one did however. Argenan was still in the Throne Room and appeared to have no intention on leaving. "Your partner is going to die if you don't hurry, fourth." Saru spoke to Argenan, elbows propped on the large table with half of his face hidden behind his hands.

The grand doors to the throne room opening up as a Fraccion stepped inside with an Arrancar in tow. "I apologize deeply my God-Emperor...but this man claims he has important information that you should hear." The Fraccion bowed as the man stepped forward but did not speak yet, not without permission.

Saru's eyes closed as a deep sigh was released from behind his hands, fingertips pinching the bridge of his nose. "Speak." Was all he said before the Arrancar stood straight up from bowed position.

"I have been in the World of the Living, gathering information on what the humans have been up to." Humans were of no interest to Saru or most Arrancar, but the man seemed to have more to say so Saru listened for now. "They have captured Hollows and...taken control of them. Using them to fight the Shinigami." The Arrancar bowed after talking and stood, waiting for the God-Emperor's response.

"Is that all?" Saru asked, standing from his seated position. This information was quite interesting indeed.

"O-Oh. With this valuable information I was hoping you would let me join your ranks." The man spoke, trying to find his voice in the request but sounded sheepish and weak in front of Saru.

"Hmmm. An easy request made possible. You can join..." Saru's voice trailed off after saying the man can join, eyes turning to the attention of Argenan who was still in the room with him. "-..if you can kill him. His position is yours if you win." The Arrancar before them felt weak and easily broken. He should be no challenge to Argenan but perhaps he would be surprised.

"W-what..." It was all the man could say upon hearing Saru's words on how to join.

[spoili]
92e62b047ee21857bc1c442d505e1e95.jpg

[/spoili]
Depsigh "Sig" Ralpno

@RedArmyShogun, @Cush Almighty
"You come into my home and ask for our surrender? The insolence..." A man stepped from the shadows. One of the Rebel Leaders, a member of the Four. His name was Depsigh Ralpno, an old Arrancar who served as an adviser to the previous ruler of Hueco Mundo before the bastard that declared himself God-Emperor and murdered his Emperor took the spot. Sig was one of the few that survived that day, his scarred face was proof of the encounter. Even with the wound that told his story, he was a Vasto Lorde and would not be so easily beaten.

"Why do you serve and follow him? Join us and together we can bring him down. He is an abomination. None of you know what he is capable of." He watched the man he followed be killed, and then something horrifying happened. Saru wouldn't let the previous Emperor die peacefully. Instead he watched as the mask he wore--the crown that now sits atop the head of Saru brutally ripped from his face and transferred to Saru's own face.

"You are all disposable to him. Why wait until it is too late? Join us...this is your only chance." Sig's weapon was sheathed behind him, one hand outstretched with the other slowly reaching back to draw his weapon if the two had denied his offer and made an attempt to attack.

ZlmIcBY.png

Hueco Mundo
Desert Outskirts

Kurono had no care whether Argenan had followed that day. Her three Fraccione were with her, Venira, Daichi and Lilitu, the latter nearly half the size of them all and youthful looking like a teenager. They were hanging back as Kurono took a brisk walk through the white sands, occasionally stained red. They weren't alone, far from it. Kurono was given a task and she saw to it, the insurrection was becoming a nuisance to all of them, but Kurono was going about it a bit differently. She wasn't cutting them down preemptively except for a select few, wounding all others to stand down, finishing off any who continued or even attempted to attack her Fraccione. She was scrutinizing each and every being that approached her, in numbers or alone. She was searching.

Directly behind her Fraccione, there were already two adjuchas that were left alone, following questionably. One was male, a rather large and intimidating looking hollow, but he was following in a pacified, fearful and curious nature. The other was another female with spider-like traits - namely the lower half being a thorax and legs. The two looked back to one another, wondering the same as to why Kurono spared them quietly, merely giving them a deep, piercing look in her eyes. Despite the violent rage that stirred within, Kurono was taciturn as a single blood-orb was fluttering around her body as the white desert sands were casually being stained.

"We are getting close.. Now may be the time to stay back... The five of you.."

yTEk4k1.png

Minori found herself chuckling soundlessly at Ikeda's complete nonchalance towards even entertaining formalities. She raised from her bow a bit stiffly, her shoulders still aching a bit. It was good to hear that things hadn't necessarily changed between them, if his usual demeanor was anything to go by. If she was honest, she'd been worried that he was disappointed with her, or upset that she had been avoiding him. But of course - he was not so thin skinned.

"You messed up ...but it's not like that's all you're known for. You've done enough that a step back or two is fine... I still have room to impress...."

Minori's eyebrows rose significantly, a twinge of worry racing across her mind. It was not like him to admit fault in his own capabilities. Rarely was he ever called on to use his abilities, but when he was... The journey to the World of the Living had really brought down the morale of the captains that had left, that was for sure. She felt like they had all come back with a millstone wrapped around their heads, always looking down and in deep thought. For Ikeda to come down with the same introspection (not to say he was not self-aware, merely preoccupied) meant that their battles in Nagoya had been particularly difficult.

"Just give me an update on what happened later... How're you doing?"

She tried not to wince, but her lips twitched into a grimace ever so slightly.

"Obviously, I've been better," Minori grumbled, crossing her arms and keeping a hard grip on the flowers in hand. "Got stabbed, then had Yuuna fix me up, but I walked away with some pins and needles in my hands that they said won't go away for another two weeks, which really bites... And I can't hold Kuzuebiko without risking somebody losing an eye."

She shrugged as if this was a minor annoyance, rather than the very real issue it was. She'd had her own underling do a lot of the heavier lifting for her, delegating as much as she could.

"What about you? I heard that you guys encountered some fairly tough Hollows in the World of the Living," Minori sighed as she kept one eye on the ceremonies taking place. Usually these things lasted at least two hours, full of ceremonial rituals and music and all else. Ame's funeral had been... oh, four hours long. And she'd had to stand at the very back in disguise for the whole thing. Just dreadful.

@EmperorsChosen

• Love
Reactions: Red Thunder