Bleach: Fractured Souls (IC)

xnswu0.png

”Hmm.. Well now even the doctor has come to play. I do hope you assess your situation correctly.. I smell familiar blood.”

Akahoshi's attention shifted towards Kallen and away from the warehouse scene. Now that the arena was blanketed in smoke there wasn't much to see, and she hoped that Kallen would have had more to say. Perhaps unfortunately for Yuuna, Kallen leaped into the air and readied her bankai. Her eyes narrowed for a moment at the other captain. The spiritual release wasn't enough to knock her down, but Yuuna found herself shifting her weight to balance against the powerful energy that was released. She had to admit that witnessing such a thing was intriguing, but she worried more over Tachibana and Akane's safety. Would they apprehend the traitors before more were hurt?

<<<<>>>>

Akane's vision, like the others, was obstructed by the smoke. However, she held an advantage over everyone else. She carefully took in her surroundings before deploying the bomb, and made note of where lieutenant Tachibana was being held hostage by the vaguely familiar man. Her fingertips moved to where her tanto was stored, only grazing the hilt as her target narrowly escaped her grasp. Akane's expression remained neutral, her eyes shutting as she zeroed in on the various sounds around them. She could hear the lieutenants voice faintly, a smirk on her lips as her feet carried her towards the left of the warehouse. Where my captain is weak, I am strong...

Akane reminded herself of that as she silently revealed her tanto and crept up behind Imada. She pressed the tip of her blade against the man's back, threatening to plunge it into his back at the lightest touch. "Seems you're outnumbered here...Imada." Akane leaned forward and whispered into his ear, the blade finding little resistance as it buried itself a little deeper into his back. She knew it wouldn't be enough to kill him, but it would certainly catch him off guard and perhaps handicap him if he dared engage in battle.
@Doctor Jax @Detective Zero

Reactions: Akashi
km0piar-png.153086
The 11th division captain watched on in silence as the corresponding events transpired; her nodachi casually resting upon her shoulder. Taking a hostage, standing around doing nothing, making deals, trying to bypass a good fight, god damn fucking smokescreens, damn standoffs instead of just fucking striking each other properly. Each one of these things just continued to ruin the good mood that the captain had built up during this little party. Now she'd had enough of this pointless crap, a clear look of annoyance and irritation plastered across the woman's face; made even more menacing thanks to the gash across one side of her cheek and the various cuts and wounds from Kairi that the captain also seemed to ignore.

Hanabi didn't move her feet from where she was standing as she lowered her blade down at a lower angle after casually taking two seemingly light swings through thin air. After that she swung hard along the dirt floor of the arena, the rugged blade biting down into the dirt as it traveled making a harsh scraping down before she swiftly swung upwards. The motion sent a sudden and violent rush of air pressure which split the ground as it traveled towards Imada, Minori and Akane from the side.

If connected the blow would strike Imada with enough force to push him straight into the appropriate wall easily with enough force to concuss someone while Minori and Akane would be contending with a lesser amount of force as they wouldn't be in the attack's direct line.

Either way after that Hanabi would rest her blade back upon her shoulder. "Minori, you shouldn't get yourself caught; makes things annoying." After that she casually begins to walk out towards the main exit as if she was on a Sunday stroll.

@Sailor Moon @Doctor Jax @Detective Zero

screen-shot-2018-03-28-at-1-16-08-pm-png.157520

Godfrey had been silently staring down at the white sands, arms crossed and listening to the winds while he leaned up against the smooth surface of a bleach white pillar. Every creature had its own faults and strengths; what mattered was who's faults would get themselves killed first, who's sins would lead to one's downfall. Gluttony, arrogance, piety, sloth...maybe anger. If the world was the stage for the play than life was the struggle, the very thing that all of the actors would fight against till the closing of their act or their last breath. It was all the same. It all only meant Godfrey would continue to play the angry fool they all saw him to be. It was probably why he was overlooked so often in combination with his lack of output. The day will come...not today...not tomorrow...someday...

The man shifted slightly as recognized his partners familiar presence. He grumbled slightly when Igieda addressed him as Mr. Hastings; a way she knew he hadn't being addressed as. He never liked being called mister as he hated formalities and the language that went along with behaving formally. It made him sound like some old fart with a stick up his ass.

"Yeah yeah Miss living statue." The Octava retorted as walked up next to the Segundo and kept pace. "I'm not stupid, you know I'm not just some animal that roams these wastes." He pauses. "Also, we're not suppose to like him you know." Hastings knew he didn't need to explain further. "Better watch what you do around him too. If I saw your hand tense up back there I'm sure he did as well."

"Lets just get this shit over with. You can even sit back and relax if you want. If I recall you're not a fan of crushing the weak; unlike most of them."

@Doctor Jax

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the World of the Living | Nagoya City

The Hollow’s energy. It tastes … so good.

Aiji hadn’t been prepared for the sheer amount of reiatsu his Shikai had absorbed from the Hollow’s energy attack. Kagami fairly purred in his mind, gleeful at the sudden increase. The Shinigami’s skin prickled as his body leeched off excess reiatsu, the effect looking like pale green steam. He grunted; it’d been some time since that much reiatsu was absorbed all at once. The Hollow’s attack was far more vigorous in its output than the parries and guards he usually fended off, and the effort of containing the sudden excess in spiritual strength left him breathless.

The Hollow has apparently taken advantage of the opportunity. Yasuke seemed to be holding his own, yet he was fighting an uphill battle; the beast was fast for its size, and the Shinigami had only managed a single hit after much in the way of defensive maneuvers. Even that was unclear as to whether it garnered any worthwhile effect.

Aiji Stepped, pouring a significant portion of the stolen reiatsu into the movement. Deep indentations appeared in the rooftop tiles, evidence of the speed with which he approached his enemy. Kagami glistened brightly against the ambient illumination of their surroundings, eager to the point of bloodthirst to engage in battle, and even as Yasuke finished the sweep of his own blade against the Hollow’s belly from below, Aiji delivered a parallel blow to the monster’s back from above.

@Akashi @Cush Almighty

Maria - Quinto
Hueco Mundo Castle

Maria quietly listened to Vacio's comments. One of the Numera being an insurgent? It was possible. The primera did rule through... well power and telling other people what to do. Less a King more a Tyrant sort of ruling style. It made sense.

"No, I believe you. I personally know very little about this situation. Information is half the war, a principle that our illustrious Primera thinks we can aquire on our own. And you're right to trust no one in the Numera. We're all scrabbling for a higher position without thinking about it at all. We don't think about what makes us strong, only that we are. There is no teamwork within ourselves, only the desire for power."

I'm going to gag. I wanna kill stuff already.

"Ah, you're right on that front. But it'd be nice if once instead of fighting me, they'd ask if we could be friends. Humans are so much nicer than Hollows. But... I already know why they attack me."

Maria shook her head. This her... it wasn't a persona. She wasn't just some disguise that the other Maria could wear for fun. This Maria was real, a real person. With real feelings.

Yeah right, you don't even have your own name.

"All right. No more stalling I suppose. We'll go through and find out more on the ground while we're there. Additionally, if we get in a fight, I want your Fracción to run as far and as fast away as possible. I don't care if they could help or not. They run. This is not a request."

Look at the little soldier trying to prevent casualties. You know there's a chance I'll eat him, right?

Maria stepped through the portal to the other side, her mouth turning into a grim line of determination. Only way to get done with this task was to go through with it.

Please, just try not to kill anyone except those that you were sent to kill.

@Kazuaki Yoshioka

Reactions: Akashi
BJnRSZi.png

ARGENAN NAFRAT (4)
HUECO MUNDO - LAS NOCHES
So much talk. So much nonsense. The Primera and his condescending attitude. From one ear out the other. Argenan mostly ignored what he, or anyone else at the table said. So yes, they were going to kill those who still stood in their way. Who wanted to be a thorn in their path.

Argenan's golden eyes squinted ever so slightly. One by one, people left the meeting room. Having gotten their orders, some if not most were accepting, others left with an idle attitude. However, his own partner, Kurono had a lot on her heart. Keeping a rather serious expression plastered on his face, he listened.

Some of the things she said, he couldn't deny. The anger, or annoyance beneath her lips, her voice was adamant, clear yet amusing. Argenan would compliment her for that, especially when she mentioned Saru. Once Kurono was done bringing up the past, the Cuatro just sat there, silenty, for a few moments.

"Hahahaha.."

Laughing, he turned his attention towards the Primera, before returning back to the Septima. "You know me so well.. Wonderful." A sigh of relief escaped his lips. Removing his legs off of the table, he stood up. His hands pocketed, there was something else for him to say.

"You're right though, you're right.. I'd stab you from the front.." Silence echoed throughout the room before he continued.

"And yes.. Our enemies." Turning away from Kurono, he looked at the Primera. "Why don't you go on and take care of them.."

"I think I'll sit this one out. I'm sure you can handle it, can't you, Kurono?" Argenan wanted to stay behind. He would be staying behind. He did not take orders from the Primera. The Cuatro never would take orders from anyone.

Argenan shared a common goal with those at the table, including the Primera. "I can already feel that its going to be boring."

@Artorias @Detective Zero

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
zaraki_kenpachi_resurreccion_by_arrancarfighter-d9b4eg7.png
Its eyes squinted. The enemy was right before it. His blade connected, but not in the way it hoped for. A cut, yes, fatal? No. The Afro Shinigami used its own momentum against it, coming in with a counter. The Hollow growled, before bones began to portrude from its underbelly.

The bones would act in a defensive manner, but they were not quick enough. Like the Shinigami, the Hollow was able to avoid a fatal injury, but the blade had done significant damage. The Hollow screamed in pain, but it was not over. In combination, the second Shinigami from before, came in from behind. His speed had increased. The Hollow was surprised. Another cut, but unable to react. A clean cut through its back.

The bones in its back extended in length, lashing against the Shinigami behind it. Using this opportunity, the Hollow disappeared, increasing its distance from both the Shinigami who were side by side. Bleeding, the bones behind his back returned to their original length.

The bones that portruded from its underbelly withered away, dissolving after having protected it. It screamed. It raged. It was mad, it wanted to devour them. It did not expect them to be such formidable opponents. Their juicy soul was its. It wanted to eat them piece by piece.

@Red Thunder @Cush Almighty

Leaning forward, it positioned itself like a predator. Both arms on the surface. Bones portruded from its arm, its belly, chest, legs. The blades behind his hands increased in length. Two horns potruded from its forehead. Collecting its strength, it dashed with increased speed.

It began to spin like a ball, and continued onwards. Towards them both. It was in a both defensive and an offensive position. They could not go on the offensive, because if they did, its bones would attack in close combat. The Hollow was confident, and wanted to incapacitate, kill them on the spot.

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

A retreat? From a Hollow? And a calculated one, at that, finding the distance to gather itself for a counterattack. Excess reiatsu still bled from Aiji’s body, though not quite in the concentration from before. His feet touched down on the rooftop, and he cast a glance at Yasuke. Good; save for the scratch from before, he still looked fighting fit.

The Third Captain couldn’t say the same for himself. He’d managed to parry several of the Hollow’s counterattacking spikes, gaining yet more energy for his reiatsu pool, but two or three had made it past his defenses. His right forearm bore a significant cut, leaving it numb and dripping blood. A throbbing pain in his right side indicated a glancing blow, though it didn’t feel like it had done more than tear the skin off as it rushed past.

It was the third wound that was the most severe. The wrappings about his hand darkened to a shadowy red as his right hand pressed against his stomach. It was ultimately a shallow wound; with treatment, he would likely survive. But it was wide, as if the spike had been dragged through his skin before exiting it, and the Shinigami’s fist was only preventing so much blood loss. The stolen reiatsu was fortunately already beginning to repair his injuries, but the latter wound would take time, far more than they had immediately. He grinned at Yasuke.

“The bastard’s fast, but he looks about like I do. How do you want to approach this?”

By striking while the iron’s hot. Kagami’s hissing assertion was probably a good one, but Aiji didn’t fancy rushing in while he was bleeding out. At least, not without a partner.

@Akashi @Cush Almighty

Yasuke Noboru 7th Div Capt Banner.png

World of The Living - Nagoya City
Bones protruded from the Hollows body to guard its underbelly. Yasuke blade was able to wound it, but the bone spikes saved the creature from a worse and even fatal injury. Yasuke partner, Aiji Kusanagi, took advantage of this situation and attack while the Hollow was focused on Yasuke. Using the power Kagami had sapped from the Hollow, Aiji attacked from the rear and delivered a clean hit to the Hollow's back. Aiji didn't get away with unharmed and suffered a couple more wounds than Yasuke, yet both Shinigami wounds weren't anything critical. Aiji even had the fortunate ability to heal.

The Hollow retreated after taking Aiji's hit and roared at them in a fury. The Hollow then leaned forward, certainly preparing for an attack. The Hollow than made full use of its ability to generate spikes and covered most, if not, all of its body. The Hollow was now focusing on its defense, letting the Shinigami know they were close to ending this fight. Now they just needed to get through the Hollow's spike defense and deliver the killing blow.

Aiji and Yasuke now stood side by side, both ready to put an end to this fight and return to Lt. Kenta. Yasuke kept his eye on the Hollow as Aiji spoke to him and asked how he wanted to deal with this. "I doubt we have time for a Hado spell. I love nothing more blow this thing apart." He replied as he lifted his Zanpakuto and tighten his grip with both hands. "The bastard nicked us, nothing he did should slow us down." He affirmed brushing off the gash on his side. With a deep breath, Yasuke made full use of his spiritual pressure as it started to radiate from his body in the color of an orange sunset. "Now put that reiatsu you stole to use! Let's feed it everything we got!"

Yasuke put one foot forward and focused all of his strength into the cutting power of his Zanpakuto. He then fearlessly charged at Hollow, trusting Aiji was at his side. Together with Bunkatsu-sen and Kagami, they'll match the Hollow and overwhelm with physical force and their Zanpakuto abilities. "AHHHHHHHHH!" He roared as their Zanpakuto clashed with the countless protruding spikes. All they needed to do was avoid being torn apart and tear through the Hollow's defense. Easy.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Red Thunder
YrLUAXy_d.jpg

Confidence. Yasuke always seemed to effuse it, and his companions in his area always seemed confident by proxy. At least, Aiji felt so. Sure, perhaps the Shinigami's tactics were lacking, but no one could call Yasuke a coward. He leapt headlong into whatever task presented itself, and provided encouragement to do the same for whomever he chose. Aiji felt so, at least; his friend’s influence was no small part in his own inspiration to put in for the Captain promotion.

Even now, as Yasuke rushed on to deal the Hollow am openly offensive attack, Aiji felt the confidence to do the same. It was the best way, at the moment: see threat; meet threat. With their limiters activated, there was no sense in strategizing at this point. Had the bloodlust not been pouring into his mind, he might have taken a moment to consider how rusty his combat technique had become, that a simple Hollow had slipped past his defense and struck him three times.

Kagami glinted faintly, its gentle luminescence increasing as Aiji poured stolen reiatsu into it. The well was being emptied, what remained of the energy from the Cero blast and the power behind the spike attacks being channeled into Aiji’s speed (to catch up to Yasuke in order to attack the beast together) and Kagami’s power. Overwhelming force was the watchword for the moment, and tactical Aiji would oblige.

Faster than an instant, he was beside Yasuke, the bladed tonfa glowing faint green as it met and then bit into bleached-white bone in a downward arc, even as Bankatsu-sen rose up against their foe, splitting the air in impossible divisions as it made purchase on the spikes. Aiji remained silent, a counter to Yasuke’s scream of determination. But it, too, was borne of determination, and as a team, their focus gave them strength.

@Akashi @Cush Almighty

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Cush Almighty
zaraki_kenpachi_resurreccion_by_arrancarfighter-d9b4eg7.png
The Hollow was being worn out. His potruding spikes could get past and cut and injure its adversaries, but that was it. Unfortunately, with two Shinigami against it, it was being pushed back. Cutting through its bones, connecting with its skin. The Hollow was weak. It was angry, filled with rage.

Afteir their clash, it had taken a step back. its left arm was no longer there. Seemingly to have been cut apart from its enemies. Breathing heavily, there was one last thing for it to do. Opening up its mouth, a Cero was being generated. The bones around its body potruded forth, but slowly than before.

They dug themselves into the surface, acting like anchors. The Cero was deadlier, but also bigger. It was its last resort. Once it was big enough, the Hollow opened up its big mouth, before it swallowed the Cero whole. Silence echoed between it and the Shinigami for a second or two.

If one looked closely, its chest was glowing red. Its eyes became bright red. It slightly opened up its mouth to breath heavily, and one could see red light inside. It was growing, it was intesifying. The bones portruded from its arms, aiming for both the Shinigami. It was an attempt to stab into them, and to pin them down for what was to come next.

It did not matter if it would succeed or not. The main point was to take its enemies down with the blast radius.. It laughed ever so slightly, before blowing up. Destroying anything around it, taking down the building they were standing on. It all came crashing down, yet there would likely not even be a trace of this particular Hollow left.

TWO WEEKS LATER
SOUL SOCIETY

It had been approximately two weeks, give or take since some of the Shinigami left for the World of the Living to investigate the disappearance of their own kind. They had some answers upon their return, but also more questions. The first division was gathering intel around Soul Society in the meantime, while the Shinigami who returned could settle in before a meeting could occur.

There were some situations that could have been handled well. As per the report given by Oguchi Taro, Renzo Bayroad had not given much opinion on the matter. He was currently dwelling on it, thinking. There was also another matter that required the Captain Commander, and especially, his Lieutenant's attention.

For the most part, Akira was handling all of the matters neccessary. The issue with Imada was handled in a rather disappointing way. The humans in Nagoya had gone completely dark. The Shinigami out there were unable to find them. Renzo Bayroad was too busy speaking with Central 46 about the issue in Nagoya City that is yet to be resolved, and the matter in Soul Society that was poorly run by Tachibana, MInori, a Lieutenant of the ninth division.

As usual, Central 46 was not thrilled, nor satisfied. It was understandable, even if Imada had been captured. Those who required to be handled swiftly were some of Captain Commander's own Shinigami, like Yukimura Kayami, Shuzo Kagetsuchi, but especially Yoshitaka Ishioka. They were all to be brought before Central 46 for their actions.

Renzo Bayroad knew how Central 46 operated, and kept a cool head while standing before them. He was pissed, and for now, had to heed their orders. For now. There was one more unfortunate, devastating, crucial situation from two weeks ago. One of the Shinigami who left for the World of the Living did not make it back alive. Tajiro Kenta from the 6th Divsion.

He was found dead on a battle-worned rooftop. A clear hole in his chest. Oguchi Taro found his body, and his gigai that was later found in the park, near a tree. The speculation and the investigation behind the death of their own had increased tenfold. the Shinigami in Soul Society, and in World of the Living were way more alert. Some wanted revenge, others were curious, confused as to what could have caused it.

The most obvious conclusion people could come to was to that of the humans being responsible for this. But what really happened? How did Tajiro Kenta die? After a thorough investigation done by people of the first division in cooperation with the fourth, there was residue of dark spiritual energy that was lingering around the hole in Tajiro Kenta's body. If anything, it is a hole a Hollow would have. As for the twelfth division, they had been denied access to the body because of Central 46. Their activity had been limited.

There were members of the Kidō Corps standing outside keeping an eye on the division, but they were not the only one. The second and the fifth division were receiving the treatment. There was also the funeral of Tajiro Kenta in an hour.

Last edited:
Soul Society
Seireitei - Central 46 - Council Chambers - Waiting Hall
lp0wKKz.png

Insufferable fools! Insufferable! Disrespectful!

HOW DARE THEY!?

With a fixed smile that concealed a hidden Rage at the Bureaucratic nonsense that had besieged her, among a few others, Captain Yukimura found herself at a hearing trial, while not arrested per see, Kayami had found her actions heavily monitored or restricted and hand to hold of on more than a few experiments because of it, which was the most annoying thing of all. These old fools never understood and likely never would.

Being as the mission was technically under her command, Kayami found herself first to speak, under numerous accusations ranging from the destruction of Human property and the Death of Tajiro Kenta of the 6th Division, the council had the nerve to down talk her, suggesting her research was of no value and pointless, her tactics far too heavy handed. With an audible crack of her jaw the woman moves forward with her 2nd and 3rd seat being left behind as escorts behind the council doors.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Exalted Judges of Central 46. I Captain Yukimura, plead guil.. Oh who am I kidding? That is what you all want to hear isn't it? Sadly for you I am a being of Logic, not of Traditions, I believe I acted within my Duty and I shall Explain how so."

Clearing her throat and opening her arms wide as she speaks to the whole room, walking about the central floor, her trademark grin was still there, but anyone close enough to see her demonic Red eyes could tell she was pissed as she offered her defense.

"I present to you my report on physical evidence of the Operation Two weeks ago. As you may note, the Hollow, which I believe to be an enhanced Adjuchas was highly abnormal, abnormal in the fact it left behind physical damage from it's own abilities and seemingly had an effect on the World of the Living. At the time it was impossible to decide if the physical remains it left behind were in fact visible, either way it's damage was.

On the second Charge, I wish to point out not a single member of my Team had to be treated for Injury, we seen a threat and we annihilated it. Other teams took a more measured response and are currently in the care of the Medical Division.

When a Soldier goes to War, do you tell him to bring only his Shield but leave his Sword, for Fear he might kill his enemy too well? If so I am surprised you have any soldiers left."

Staring up and stopping her walk, the Mad Scientist stops, giving a shrug of her hands, shaking her head.

"We reacted to a threat who was fully capable of killing a Captain with the force it deserved, let us note I also stand here in relation in regards to a Shinigami who seemingly died. Unfortunately my plans to entice the creature within the Human structure was not carried out and when it exploded it did so with much violence spraying it's acidic blood across the local structures.

Humans are not like they were Sixty Years ago, never mind Six Hundred. They question things now, they don't accept Divine Providence and Youkai as the answer to all oddities. Those acid burns would have gained attention, that attention would have gained questions, need I remind this Council what happened the last time Humans started Asking questions about us? When they learned about us? Need I remind you of those Magical Fellows with their bows and funny clothes? The level of destruction humans can visit upon one another now is truly frightening, and no matter how some of you may feel, it is good that they remain ignorant of us, for we would have another War on our hands of a scale you cannot comprehend."

"As to the Shinigami's Duty, just what is the Soul? Never mind no humans died in my razing of the complex and the street it was on. Our Duty first and foremost is to the balance of Souls, keeping the cycle of rebirth, of Light and Dark in balance, it is why we do not wipe out all Hollows. Hollows are possible from any Human Soul, are they not? So in aspect to Protecting Humanity, I blamed this incident on an unknown Terrorist Group and used their own systems, erasing all knowledge of the event.

Is it better to leave a Furnace Open for a Child or to Close it? If left opened and the Child is told not to stick his hand in, then who is to blame when they do? The humans are Ignorant of the situation and will have the area rebuilt within Six Months, actually less for most structures. So on that regard, I protected Humanity. Even had lives perished in this fire is it better than twenty die today or Two hundred Thousand Tomorrow if they learn of us and come knocking?"

Reaching her third Charge, the woman kept rolling on, not giving a chance for any to down talk her, nor to predictably tell her to watch her tongue.

"Moving on to the third Charge, I say not guilty. Tajiro-Kun was a powerful Shinigami, a much more traditional and honorable one than I, I will concede that point. However he also went to War without his sword. I had warned all of my team members beforehand that we likely faced a serious foe, I also spoke up numerous times on having so many seated officers being sent with limiters, while I do not Doubt the old-er the Captain Commander's Orders, I will say the operation was lacking in terms of support.

Firstly, most of the support Divisions were woefully ignorant of the current state of the Human World, their mindset being stuck to over 100 years ago. Here in Soul Society such an amount of time is meaningless, but out there?"

Scoffing a bit, she continues.

"Secondly, only my Division has bothered, outside of seemingly the First to acquaint it's self with the City and times in question, this lead to a Great many officers being thrown into an unknown situation. I had brought this up before with my budget requests, in this very council many a times the responses? "Pointless" "Waste of funds" "We are too mighty to be concerned with humans."

Add on to this the fact we do not typically work together and the only time I see most of my other Captains is when they want to breach my Defenses to annoy me..

Perhaps it is an excuse that I could not exercise command Authority, but nothing was in place to allow for this, in fact my message by our Butterfly did not reach command till after the creature was destroyed. Intelligence on the City and on the Threat was severely lacking, you should be thankful only one Seated officer perished, each foe we faced was a Captain's Equal.

Also in regards to Tajiro, I was not granted permission to study his body, sent data, or had any information. I find it highly concerning his Body has remained.

In Closing, I believe those hollow were the work of the Third Party in our Report, that our loss was simply to bad luck and poor support, plus fighting within a poor set of engagement rules. My actions were to preserve the lives and safety of my team, the Land of the Living and the Soul Society.

While I am not like some of my companions, I am also a Shinigami. I request all charges be dropped against those who went to the World of the Living and that my Division be allowed to run Scans on the body of Tajiro Kenta, which should be disposed of immediately. I also ask for the allocation of additional funding towards reconnaissance efforts in the City for the near future. The fault at play here extends well past any single person in this Operation, while a punishment should be given out perhaps, isn't the loss of one Shinigami enough?

Baring that, I guess you can take my head for what good that will do. Data backing up my claims can be provided by my Seated officers and additional testimony can be given by the modsoul which inhabited my Gigai during the battle. I yield the Floor, Councilors."

Last edited:
xZdzG08.png

Soul Society
2nd Division Courtyard

It was a rough two weeks. Two weeks that Lieutenant Veritahl had no enjoyed in the least and since then had been training non-stop. Even now, she was in her shikai doing a 'live-fire' sparring match with several 2nd and 11th Division members. She had told them to carry the intent to kill, as if she were an adjuchas herself. With how her calmness had hidden a violent turbulence and wordless taciturn settled in her fighting, she was in one of those moods. Moods both her Captain and Hanabi-taichou were well acquainted with when something struck her deep, stirring up this kind of determination in her.

The fighting was bloody, violent, but it gave those that fought her a stronger sense for their duty within this more serious regiment of training; for any hollow could be just as vicious as their infamous Kenpachi if they did not take it seriously. For them, if anything, it was Squad 2 and Squad 11 both that carried the backbone of the more rigorous fighters. There were at least twelve combatants excluding herself, all tasked in taking her down without hesitation. Five were of her own division while the other seven were willing Elevens. That, or Elevens that wanted some payback or their chance at the Lieutenant of the 2nd Divison. Still, she made the point all too clear to them at the start when she had already sent two of the twelve fighters straight to the 4th Division's hospital beds. The remaining ten had been fighting her for half an hour now and she had permitted them the use of their shikai as long as they don't wreck the place; They had all the space they needed, dirt could be replaced.

By the time anybody - if anyone, showed up to see her, only two 2nd Division and three 11th Division shinigami remained conscious and battle ready; her own condition worn down but pressing.

vKw0Ofa.png

Captain Kallen Kurenai
10th Division Captain
Soul Society
10th Division - Captain's Office
@Akashi

A rather strewn out groan would escape the fox-woman's lips as she filed out reports, mountains of paper still waiting while another pile would entail her finished part. She wasn't anywhere finished. Slapping her hands onto the desk as she stood up, her tails waved about as she whined, "Kyaaaah!... Half of this I swear is useless drivel! Yes, yes, we're all concerned about this--.. Uhn.. It would help if those that are reporting on the same things would just consider a group report instead of repeating the same awful points we've already heard about time and time again... One quadrant of Nagoya's been clear and always has been clear of suspicious activity for days now, but come ON!.. I don't need papers telling me the details every ten minutes afterwards--- KUSO!..." Ruffling her hands through her hair out of slight frustration, the Captain grumbled pathetically as she slowly went to sit back down and slumped forward. With her face on the desk, she'd bark out, "HAJIME!... If you're not filing these out with me then get me a drink, boy.. Your beautiful Captain might get crows feet doing all this sober.. You wouldn't want that do you, my Lieutenant?~"

Qpno2SH.png

Soul Society
2nd Division Courtyard​

He'd been stewing over his defense all morning. While his Lieutenant had been busy fighting to keep in shape her own way, he'd been fighting his own war. The wadded up paper from what he would say was rapidly becoming a mountain in an of itself. He sighed after trying once more to write his opening, and threw it onto the large pile of rejected speeches. Most only had somewhere around ten words upon the page itself before the brush was violently slashed across the page.

This wasn't working.

"Sir? The tea you requested." A seated officer said, walking in. "No progress, huh?"

"No. It is... a tricky situation and people are looking for a scapegoat. Much easier to point fingers than admit we might be outgunned."

Irritating. He really wanted to hit something, talk to people, do anything worthwhile while not being monitored heavily. Even now, sitting in his office a shinigami monitor was waiting in the corner.

"Did you at least get my babysitter some tea as well?"

"Of course, sir."

Another hour of fruitless statements later, Shuzo had made no progress on his task. He stood and said, "I'm going to talk to my lieutenant, if you want to come."

The shinigami was on his feet before Shuzo finished.

"Of course you are."

The walk wasn't long, but he wondered how the people that Kairi had roped into their 'live fire' training were doing. Were they still moving or were more shinigami going to end up in the care of the medical branch? They sure had their work cut out for them lately. He didn't envy their captain in the least. There would be more work for them before long.

And those would be the ones that they could save.

Kairi seemed tired but pressing the 5 remaining. Three 11th members were left with two from his own division. Faintly disappointed, he tried to remember faces for further training sessions. They were in no shape to deal with an unseen force that killed a seated officer so easily. Not by a long shot.

"Lieutenant, try not to overwork too many of your sparring partners... I envy the medical division enough already. No need to give them more work. Not right now, anyway."

His tone was more like he was watching some flowers bloom or going to a nice party. A restricted, polite face that he wore more often when he was stressed and tired. He hated this face, but he'd play the politician and amicable friend until the monitors went away. If they went away.

"Whoever wins gets my latest batch of cookies. I put chocolate chips in them from the World of the Living..."
he said in a singsong voice.

Ingredients were the least he was getting. Everyday of his return was fraught with learning more about the human world. He was behind on his information and it had cost him dearly. He learned about computers and this thing called television and more importantly about how politics worked in that world. It had been overwhelming, but it was better than staring down the barrel of the soon to be trial. Unacceptable. He'd gotten sloppy, and it had cost them a shinigami.

He wasn't personally going, of course, but his seated members were going in gigai. They all protested, but he told them it was good training and protection from the unknown foe. He didn't think it helped, but it eased his own guilty conscience. They'd also be able to interact with humans directly, which would give them more perspective.

However, Kayami had been called in today, so none of his officers were out an about in the human world today. Officially, it was because of the funeral, to allow anyone who wanted to attend a chance to go. Unofficially, it was so that they were all where he could see them before leaving to be questioned. He didn't want to be in the middle of the trial and have something happen when he wasn't watching.

@Detective Zero

schoolgirl-with-a-katana-sword_577214621.jpg

Soul Society-Seireitei - Central 46

Standing outside the Council 46 doors, Mizuki flipped through the pages of her latest romance novel, Lovers and Leaders Part II. It was one she was very familiar with, but despite practically knowing the story word for word, she always carried whenever she felt nervous. She was particularly nervous now. She wondered how her Captain was doing in front of the Council, and while she had her fingers crossed hoping the hearing would go in their favor, she couldn't help but feel nervous. The last two weeks had been quite an experience. Scientific research and development had practically come to a halt with all the backlash of the recent mission. It seemed like everyone was on edge. Despite not going to the World of the Living herself due to already being deployed to a different tasking, Mizuki found herself wishing she had accompanied the party. While she wasn't particularly keen on all the other members, it would have done her heart some good to be with Yukimura, and maybe she could have helped the mission take a different turn. Instead, she had been left alone to deal with her divisions affairs, which she had delegated other seated officers beneath her. They were more accustomed to the workings of the division anyways. The lieutenant had instead resigned herself to her room and her books for the most part, still bummed about being left out. But that was all in the past now, and Mizuki was no longer bothered by her thoughts of exclusion. Instead, she focused on her book, waiting for the hearing to finish. A quick glare at the 3rd Seat said she had no intention of having a conversation at the moment, and would simply wait until Captain Yukimura returned to them. Guilty or innocent, Mizuki would stay with her until the end.​

xnswu0.png

Two weeks later
4th Division HQ --> Central 46
@QuakeUPSB

"...You did good, Akane. But don't think they'll ever acknowledge that." Yuuna said quietly, as they exited the room of one of the patients from the 2nd division. He was in rough shape, one of the worst from any of major events that took place two weeks ago, but he was alive, which was more than she could say for Tajiro Kenta. She was just grateful not to have any other causalities on her hands, after all, there was little she could do for the deceased.

"Anyway, I'm going to step outside for a bit." Yuuna added, in such a way that Akane would know that wasn't an invitation to follow. She turned away from her assistant, waving a hand over her shoulder as she walked down the hall. They had been busy all morning tending to the injured from the other divisions, and now, Yuuna was going to take a break.

As Yuuna stepped outside and looked up at the sky, she considered heading over to Central 46, but she had excused herself due to the workload over at her own headquarters. But, now that she was taking a break the idea didn't seem too bad, and if she changed her mind, the walk there would still be worth it. At least she could stick around the halls for a little after, mingle with the others. Surely someone would want to know the status of some of their comrades.

With decided, Yuuna tucked her hands into her pockets and walked along at her own pace. There was no hurry to be there, and the 4th division patients would be well taken care of by her subordinates for the time being. The captain made it to Central 46 without a hitch in her step. Not surprisingly she decided not to enter the council chambers, instead resigning herself to linger around. It was then that she caught sight of the lt. of the 12th division. There was a familiar book in her hands, and Yuuna, being a lover of books herself couldn't just not say anything.

"Nice to see you out and about, Lt. Mizuki. Come to show your support for Captain Yukimara?" Yuuna asked, then poking her fingernail against the book cover so that it tapped against the semi-hard surface. "I love this one. It's good to see another in the ranks with the aptitude for reading."

yTEk4k1.png

The lieutenant stared at herself in the mirror with oddly dulled eyes, as if all the moisture had been robbed of them. Her fingers fumbled as she began to put her hair up in a deceptively simple ponytail, a rare show of modesty from the typically flashy Shinigami. Her clothes were likewise somber, her usual embroidered robe replaced instead by a regular, black outfit complete with her lieutenant's haori and armband. She cursed as she dropped her hairband on the ground, her fingers twitching with a sensation of pins and needles.

She grasped her hands close to her chest as she shut her eyes tight and grit her teeth. She opened her eyes again, and she reached down to grab the hairband. To those who knew Minori well, she would look nearly unrecognizable without her make-up and flamboyant get-up. Instead, she looked wan, tired, and burdened. She grabbed two sets of flowers - lilies in one, star anise in the other.

Yesterday was Shiza's funeral. Today was Kenta's. Poor Maekawa, losing one of her own. Minori could understand how she felt.

The lieutenant left the apartment, and with shunpo, she made haste towards the cemetery. She knew she was an hour early, but she had thought that perhaps she could get a little bit of a conversation in before then. She passed by the Shinigami's section of the Seireitei's genera burying grounds, instead making her way towards the civilian section. The trees helped shade the place and offer some amount of privacy as she headed towards the Nobles' Walk.

She stopped in front of a large pillar with the name Wara carved into the face of it. Nori took a shuddering breath, eyes dry, as she placed the lilies into a small glass cup on one side, taking an incense stick and lighting it from the group set in front of the grave, and waving it in the air over her head ritualistically, before placing it in a bowl of ashes. She stood for a few moments in front of the grave, trying to decide it if was worth it to say what was on her mind, if she should finally speak it into the air what she thought.

She walked away. He wasn't there to hear what she had to say, and she knew it.

Minori walked over to the Shinigami section of the cemetery with her flowers, standing at the back as she waited for others to arrive. She made a mental note that she needed to go and grab a gift for Yuuna as soon as she could - she'd been putting it off for... well, it was hard to think about the last mission and how close she came to ending up with 46 breathing down her collar.

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the Seireitei

It’s good you weren’t alone.

Kagami stared down at where Aiji lay, light from some unseen source glinting off the Zanpakuto spirit’s plate armor and shining on the bandages that wrapped the Captain’s wounds. None were life threatening, and in a few days, Aiji should be back to fighting fit. But he should never have taken those wounds, as the damnable lizard pointed had pointed out yet again. Even with the Limiters in place, the Hollow shouldn’t have been able to get past his defenses. Yet it had, and Aiji considered the training he’d done in the last year. Or rather, the lack of it.

“Yasuke is a good companion, even if he’s unused to subtlety.” With a wince and a gasp, he sat up on the mat, hand moving subconsciously to the injury in his stomach. It would take the longest to heal fully.

But there would be no healing Tajiro Kenta.

“The whole expedition was idiotic,” he spat, his ears hot with anger. “With so many high level Shinigami, and most of them with no concept of keeping a low profile, it’s a miracle we didn’t take more casualties than we did.”

A Fourth Division member rushed in, clearly panicking over the normally reserved captain’s small outburst. Seeing no one, he stammered out an apology before beating a hasty retreat; though it took years to master the Zanpakuto enough that its spirit would reveal itself, it was well known enough that such things happened, and the embarrassed doctor knew for a fact that, given the Third Captain’s lack of guests, he’d just interrupted a conversation between the Captain and his sword. But Aiji paid him little mind.

“I shouldn’t have left him to watch the humans, Kagami; I knew there was something odd about them, but I left him in harm’s way, anyway.”

Failure is a part of growing.

“That’s unacceptable. I lost a soldier.”

This is not on you.

“The hell it isn’t. Yasuke certainly isn’t to blame.”

You didn’t kill him.

“I gave him the order, despite warnings to keep the gigai accompanied.”

Kagami fell silent, lowering his head.

At least go to the funeral. Pay your respects.

“I’ll go. But it’ll be to beg for forgiveness.”

With a gentle sigh of exasperation, Kagami faded away. Aiji stood, reaching for his sword and the modified captain’s haori before striding out of the Fourth Division’s quarters. He wasn’t entirely sure when the funeral was the begin, so he made his way to the grounds. His legs needed stretching, after all.

~~~

It looked like he was a bit early. But not so early that he was the first.

“Lieutenant Tachibana,” Captain Kusanagi nodded his head in greeting as he approached the grounds from behind her. Still stiff, the walk had done his some good, and the haori say again comfortably on his shoulders. “I’m surprised you beat me. Few surpass me in punctuality.”

He nodded to the flowers.

“That is kind of you.”

@Doctor Jax

km0piar-png.153086

Soul Society
2nd Division Courtyard
During the latest two weeks the 11th division's captain had forbid anyone within her division from causing any kind of trouble that would have them dealt with by the sixth division. It was Hanabi's way of showing respect for Tora given that she'd just lost her lieutenant. To Hanabi, mourning for the dead was a pointless waste of time; a needless load of ceremonies and other junk. You celebrate the dead by continuing to live and cheering to the life they lived. She remembered the jokes that damn boy would crack about her division all the time. Of course her subordinates would usually get all heated but she'd happily laugh after hearing them from others. The kid was alright.

At some point the captain had caught wind of the special sparring session Kairi was in the middle of and decided to head over to the 2nd Division's area; not like she wanted anything to do with Central 46. She'd plopped herself down upon one of the nearby slopped roofs and after having looked over the situation quickly became intrigued. Kairi had that look in her eyes again. That determined expression that someone has when they wanna get stronger. Hanabi loved seeing that expression on the faces of others, she loved seeing people claw upwards for power and strength. Its faces like those that keep her excited about life; the potential for great fights in the future. Hanabi wanted to see just how willing Kairi was, how willing was she to improve, what lengths and boundaries was she willing to push. She was going to find out, here and now.

With a tooth grin the one armed captain leaped from her building high above the courtyard. She had clearly watched Shuzo conversing with his lieutenant but Hanabi was neither polite or patient enough to wait for the two to end their conversation. The female captain landed with a hard smash upon the dirt, kicking up a dust cloud which further dirtied her already unkept and tattered garb. "You five take a fuckin seat." As the dust blew away Hanabi grinning straight at Kairi after giving Shuzo a knowing glance. "You know you're not gonna get anywhere fighting people weaker than yourself, idiot. No matter how many fuckers you're fighting at once or how intense the sparring is will change the fact that you're just training. You get stronger by fighting, not training; and that look in your eyes tells me you wanna start fighting."

"...that's why I'm gonna take you seriously~"
As Hanabi spoke those words she drew nodachi and held it out horizontally in front of her with a shit eating grin and wide eyes. The immediate area was suddenly bombarded with a thundering amount of crushing spiritual pressure. Most of the unseated shinigami nearby would immediately feel its weight and noticeably hunch over or crouch down slightly. Deep red spiritual pressure poured out all around the captain's body; some of the intensely violent aura forming into an animated red oni mask behind her, a clear representation of her Zanpakuto's spirit. The nearby 11th division shinigami were noticeably worried at how things escalated so quickly and promptly backed away a distance that was probably still not safe enough.

"You either live long enough to become the strongest or you fucking die! What will it be Kairi Veritahl!?"

@Detective Zero
@Karyra

Mentions: @Artorias

Reactions: Cush Almighty
jmHU66L.png

A funeral would be held for Kenta, her young lieutenant who died in the field two weeks ago. His cold body found on a rooftop, away from his gigai. She felt a tinge of guilt, being the Captain it was her duty to watch over her subordinates but this was also the life they chose to lead. She had once known many Shinigami who have all passed out in the field, and even some that she chose not to aid and let die. She was in her office, finishing the last bit of paperwork that had piled over the day. The funeral would be starting in an hour, and it would be wrong of her not to go.

She had noticed the dip in 11th activity, how their Captain had cracked down on them. Just for now. It wouldn't be long before they started causing problems again and her hands would be full with daily duties and policing a single division, very rarely did she have to deal with someone from another division.

Her attitude towards the entire situation of her lieutenant passing would not be surprising. Rarely did the Captain show emotion in the past. This was nothing new to her, but that didn't mean it wasn't slowly eating her from the inside. She had lost many Shinigami in over the hundreds of years she had been a Captain. She attended every funeral held but was always quiet and never shared any words.

Pulling her Captain's Haori off the coat rack, she stood from her seated position and put it on. The bell sleeves covering her hands and hanging low before she left her Barracks with shunpo.

-------
Maekawa had arrived to the funeral early, but not the earliest it seemed. Minori and Aiji had arrived before she had. Certainly Aiji must be taking blame for the loss of Kenta since they had been grouped together on the expedition into the World of the Living. Tora would not blame Aiji for it, and would hold nothing against him but his own demons were a battle of his own.

"Captain Kusanagi. Lieutenant Tachibana." Maekawa addressed the pair and stepped forward. "Thank you for coming. I know it would mean a lot to Lieutenant Kenta. He was a wonderful Lieutenant." This was as much as she would say during the whole funeral. Praise coming from Maekawa was rare.​

yTEk4k1.png

The Lieutenant took a deep breath, closing her eyes momentarily. She was no good at funerals, and she knew it. She was not one to weep, but for some reason, funerals always hit her especially hard, even when she didn't know the decedent. Idly, it crossed her mind that the death of a loved one so early in life was perhaps the cause of such pain, but she brushed it aside as she heard someone else enter the cemetery grounds.

She smiled wanly at Captain Kusanagi as he walked towards her. His words were correct - usually Minori was late to functions, but for once she'd beaten everybody else. Captain Kusanagi himself seemed a disciplined sort, so beating him to the event was a small victory. Pity it had to be a funeral, though.

"Well, I already had business here as it was anyways," she said, gesturing to the cemetery as a whole. "I don't come here often, so I decided to get it out of the way."

"That is kind of you."

Minori glanced down at the flowers, and she shrugged noncommittally.

"I guess I felt I should contribute something," Minori answered, not meeting the captain's gaze. She chuckled a little bit, though there was little real kick to it. "You've had it rough for just getting into the Captain's seat. Right into a real scuffle. But it always seems like that happens whenever someone gets promoted. I know it did when I got in."

Good. It is a small kindness, but a kindness, a voice said in the back of her mind, and she routinely shoved it away.

Another joined them, and Minori swallowed. Maekawa looked the same as ever - stately, unmoved, unflappable. She was a noble, after all, and if there was anything nobles were good at, it was keeping face. Still, Minori felt like she must hurt somehow. The Captain of the 6th Division joined their small group, and Minori nodded her head. The fact Maekawa was willing to say as much surely meant something - she was normally quite taciturn.

"Indeed," Minori said quietly. "My sympathies, Lady Maekawa. And to you, Captain Kusanagi. I had heard you were on his team as well... And that would be quite a shock."

Her hands - which she had carefully been keeping an eye on - had loosened enough to let loose the flowers, and she cursed under her breath as she dropped them. The pins-and-needles sensation was back as a slight gust blew the flowers out into the graveyard.

"Not again," she muttered as she tried to pick them up clumsily. It'd been a fight getting sensation into her hands ever since the warehouse incident, and they frequently went numb. The 4th division had told her that the poison was fairly long-lasting, and she would probably still have residual numbness, though it would eventually go away. She was counting the days - it seemed to act up at inopportune times.

"I-I'm sorry, but could you...um..." she asked the other two with a wince.

@Red Thunder @Artorias