L U C A S
Lucas gritted his teeth and clenched his fist so tight his knuckles went white.

It would be so easy to just assault him. Rough him up, even if it was just a little. Just one hit. That was all he would need. If he could just wipe that smirk off his face, he could die in peace.

"Wow." Lucas laughed, sounding genuinely amused. "I thought Crystal was a bitch, but you, Ryan, are far ascended. I mean...wow. I'm thoroughly impressed, seriously. Never thought a male could be such a bitch before now."

"So, here's a question for you."
He smiled pleasantly, leaning against the rim of the faucet bowl. "Out of being burned alive, skinned alive and simply choked which way would you prefer to die?"

His smile had dropped instantly and his eyes had gone intensely dark and unreadable just as quickly. It was impossible to tell what exactly was going on in that mind of his. He was the school psycho after all. No one truly knew.

"Just curious."

Last edited:
r y a n
Ryan knew that if he was smart, he'd shut his mouth now and leave before the situation escalated quickly. This scrawny blond kid had beat the absolute crap out of Tate Lightwood. The same Tate Lightwood that had beaten the shit out of Ryan when he had caught him fucking Claudia and then learned of everything Ryan had done to her.

But Ryan was having too much fun to quit now. Besides, even if Lucas snapped and beat the crap out of him, Ryan's rich parents would get him sent to a psychiatric hospital and then he'd be away from Claudia. He wouldn't like that, would he?

So he continued, pretending not to be intimidated by the glint in Lucas's eye.

"Claudia likes to be choked," he said in a matter-of-fact tone with an equally pleasant smile on his godlike face. "In a different way, of course. She looks good down on her knees, with those pretty blue eyes."

L U C A S
"So, then choked?"

Lucas didn't disregard it. Not truly. It wasn't something he could forget about so easily. Every word that came out of Ryan's mouth was poison. Ryan in general was absolute poison.

He would have loved nothing mote than to choke up. Yet, choking a person wasn't as painful or agonizing than his other options. "You should probably get castrated as well. Only being choked is too merciful for your trash." He thought a loud with a firm nod.

Unfortunately, Lucas couldn't pulverize the asshole. If he did that, he'd truly let his girlfriend down, and that would be more dreadful and agonizing than listening to this bastard talk. And that also meant he wouldn't be around her much anymore.

"Don't talk about Claudia like that or however you like. No, don't even speak her name. You are purely and potently vile and repugnant. And her name should not be sullied because you wanna live up your pathetic repulsive life by talking about your amazing and stunning ex to her boyfriend who treats her the way you should have."

He sighed and closed his eyes briefly as if the whole conversation was tiring. But that did not prevent him from speaking in a low and dangerous tone.

"As much as I know you want me to kick your ass and murder you violently. I can't. Not in school anyway. Maybe another time. So in the mean time, go fuck a dog."

r y a n
Ryan's smirk widened. Lucas might be cool and collected on the outside but Ryan knew that on the inside, he was fuming. Livid. And that meant that Ryan was winning.

"It's funny how you think she's the most amazing thing on the planet, when your virgin ass wouldn't know any better." He rolled his eyes and smirked as he began to make his way around Lucas, towards the door. "Really, though, she's not that great. Hot, yes, but she kind of has the personality of a brick wall."

Ryan shrugged as if this didn't matter and leaned against the wall beside the door.

"Just know that whatever you do to her, whatever you say, whatever you two do together," said Ryan with a small sigh, "I did it with her first. You'll never be her first anything."

He put his hand on the doorknob and delivered the final blow.

"You'll never even be the first to knock her up."

L U C A S
It took him a little while to wholly comprehend, and most of all, accept what Ryan was saying.

And once he did, he was completely frozen in place and hollowed out on the inside. Fury wasn't even the first emotion he felt when coming to the understanding.

In fact, he didn't feel anything but a strong wave of nausea. He had to swallow back the salty saliva and vomit that wanted to come up. He had never felt so sick in his entirety of living. The boy had to steady himself by placing a hand on the faucet and even that didn't help stop his world from spinning.

"Are you saying...?" Lucas had yet to recuperate from his blow, and he didn't know if he ever would.

He tugged at the collar of his shirt, feeling that it was suffocating him when it reality he was simply forgetting to breathe and function correctly. But he was so distressed, that breathing and anything else wasn't something he could currently think of.

"I don't believe you, she would have told me." And she would have! She told him everything else when he asked. He didn't believe she would keep such a matter to herself when he told her everything.

He showed her his scars, so she showed him her own.

And Ryan, Ryan was so disturbingly repugnant that he was sure he'd lie.

"You are the most despicable person I've ever met." That word wasn't strong enough to describe him. No word in the English language was, or any word in any language.

r y a n
Ryan smirked. He had won.

He held up his hands in surrender. "Hey, you can believe me or not. Doesn't change the fact that it happened."

He opened the door and sighed.

"You can ask her, I don't really care. I'm pretty sure she aborted it so it's not like I have to pay child support for the rest of my life or anything. See ya, Lucas."

And with that, Ryan exited the bathroom and closed the door behind him, leaving Lucas to digest this bomb on his own.

c l a u d i a
Claudia found Lucas after school at his locker. She was considerably less depressed than she had been the other day and she wrapped her arms around him from behind, leaning her forehead on his shoulder blade.

"Hey," she murmured with a smile. "D'you wanna go for a walk? Take some pictures?"

L U C A S
Lucas leaned his head against the locker for a short minute and sucked in a deep breath. He had only recently relearned how to breathe when Claudia came behind him. It barely took him a split second to compose himself.

And though he would have loved nothing more than to say in his arms, he wanted to talk to her. So, he gently removed her arms from around him and turned to face her.

"Sure."

Lucas took her hand in his own and led them both out and away from their torturous school.​

c l a u d i a
Claudia could tell that there was something wrong, that Lucas was upset or distraught over something, and that troubled her. She hated seeing him upset and it was worse because she didn't know what it was.

Claudia waited until they had reached the small clearing in the woods where so many eventful moments had taken place. It was almost their special place, a place in which they could be alone and be happy.

"Are you okay?" she asked as she sat down on the log and pulled him down to sit beside her. She took both of his hands in hers and kissed his knuckles.

"What's wrong?"

L U C A S
"Yes. No. I don't know."

Lucas sighed tiredly. There was no point in telling her he was okay, because he wasn't. Not right now. And taking her affections, it made him feel so much better, less bitter and more warm.

He didn't want her to worry about him, or get upset over him. It had only been about two days since she the cafeteria ordeal. She had cheered up greatly since then, asking her about what that sick bastard Ryan said, he was sure it'd ruin her mood. That was something he'd hate see, and didn't want.

But he needed to ask.

"Claudia. I need to ask you something." He began seriously, staring at their hands.

Lucas maneuvered his hands in hers so that he could hold them tightly and looked her in the eyes solemnly.

"Did you ever get pregnant when with Ryan?"

That was the most difficult question he had ever had to ask. It took grand strength and concentration to not choke on his own words.

c l a u d i a
Claudia didn't know what she had been expecting, but it hadn't been that.

She kept his gaze but her face dropped slightly and her smile slid off her face. Her eyes grew sad and she tightened her hold on Lucas's hands, her fingers closing around his.

She had almost forgotten about that. She nodded.

"Yeah, I did," she whispered, still not breaking his gaze.

"H - He didn't want to wear a condom. I found out after we broke up and Tate -- after Tate did what he did to him." Claudia sniffled; she could feel tears coming along.

"Tate wanted me to get an abortion, but I said no. It felt wrong. I didn't see what was right about punishing an innocent baby because of my mistakes. I was going to have the baby and give it up for adoption but -- "

The tears were starting to slide down her cheeks now.

" -- I m - miscarried before I was even showing. It was brutal. I woke up in the middle of the night covered in my own blood and Tate had to help me clean it up. Lucas, I'm so sorry."

L U C A S
Lucas couldn't think of anything else in that moment but comforting Claudia.

Taking his hands out if her own, he caressed her face and softly, very softly, barely making contact with her skin, used his thumb to wipe away her tears. "No, Claudia. I'm sorry."

And he was sorry. Sorry that she had to go through it. Sorry she had experienced such pain. Sorry she had dated and been mistreated by Ryan. And sorry that he had even brought it back up. It broke his heart.

Lucas pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her and burying his face in soft, long blonde hair."Why didn't you tell me?"

Because even if it was a little pain compared to what he was feeling for seeing her cry, it still hurt that she withheld it from him. Did she not trust him enough? Or was it too much.

c l a u d i a
Claudia melted in his embrace. She had seriously thought he would be mad at her for this, even though she knew it was ridiculous to feel like that. Lucas loved her.

"I ... I didn't think you'd understand," she whispered as she slipped her hands around his waist and turned her head to the side, pressing her cheek against his chest so she could speak coherently.

"I was really fucked up by it, Lucas. Losing the baby, I mean. I didn't go to school for a week, I thought there was something wrong with me. Not because I had wanted the baby -- fuck no, I was going to give it up for adoption anyway."

She shifted uncomfortably and held him tighter.

"But ... I thought you'd think I did want to keep it if I told you this. That I was still hung up over Ryan or something. That's not true, but ... I don't know. I was worried you'd think something like that. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

L U C A S
"I wouldn't have cared if you did want to keep the baby or not." Lucas's tone was wholly ardent and earnest. There was no drop of uncertainty or insincerity in his voice. Nor did he hesitate

He didn't have to ponder over it to know that he wouldn't have cared. How could he have minded? He knew Claudia and he loved her despite her fucked up history, just as she loved him despite his fucked up head.

"I love you. And nothing is going to change that. You don't have to hide anything from me, alright?"

He only pulled back slightly to look her in the eyes. "Please?" Lucas kissed her forehead then her nose. The next time he heard something about Claudia, he wanted it to be from her.

c l a u d i a
Claudia nodded. "I promise," she murmured. She didn't have any other immediate secrets, and if anything ever came up she would tell Lucas first.

She leaned in and kissed him on the lips, before wiping her tears away from her face with a shaky sigh.

"I think I was more freaked out because I thought there was something wrong with me," she murmured, mostly to herself. "Like, that I would never be able to have kids or something. But I told my mom -- I had to, she saw me with the sheets -- and she took me to a gynecologist who said I probably only lost it because I was so young. I had just turned fifteen."

Then, Claudia realised something.

"Wait, who the fuck even told you?" she asked, not aggressively, but rather just in a very shocked tone. She had been so surprised by his question that she hadn't even realised that he should not have known.​

L U C A S
Lucas sighed deeply when the answer to her question immediately came to mind. He shut his eyes drew in another slow breath. He was quick to lose his ability to use his respiratory system whenever he thought of her ex-boyfriend, or even if he was merely mentioned.

Once he was certain that as okay, he reopened his eyes.

"Ryan." His response was short. He didn't want to say anything more than he had to. And he would never retell the dialogue between them. If he could, Lucas would have forgot all that the bastard said. But it stuck to him like glue.

"We had a small encounter." He shrugged a shoulder.​

c l a u d i a
Claudia sighed, pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes in frustration. Of course Ryan, the dickhead, had told Lucas. Of course he had gone out of his way to ruin their lives. Of fucking course.

"What else did he say to you?" she asked him quietly. Not because she had anything else to hide that Ryan could have exposed to Lucas, but because she knew Ryan and she knew he wouldn't leave it at that. He had to have said other things to get under her boyfriend's skin.

She had never hated him more.

"Please, just tell me," she murmured, leaning her forehead on his shoulder. "I don't care how bad it is. I need to know what he said to you."

She suddenly wished Tate was here. She wanted Tate to be there, so he could pummel Ryan and Lucas didn't have to do it. But Tate was in Alaska and there was nothing she could do to change that.​

L U C A S
"I don't want to," Lucas whispered more to himself than her.

And he really didn't. The thought of even repeating the horrible things that Ryan had said made him want to vomit. It disgusted him, Ryan, in general, repulsed him. But if Claudia wanted to know, he would tell her. Though, not word from word, because he couldn't do that, not just for he, but himself.

He sighed and tried relaxing, but his body did the exact opposite, going rigid. "He commented on your scars, asked if you still had them." His jaw clenched.

"He also made a lot of references on the relations you two had shared." Meaning sex, it was nothing but sex. He would not refer to it as love-making. Because it wasn't.

Lucas wanted to stop there and say no more. His words were burned into his head, and would never be easily forgotten. But, after all of that being said, his last words had bothered him the most. More than he'd care to say.

"And practically....That I'd never be your first anything. Because he took that all away."

And for him, Claudia was his first everything.​

c l a u d i a
Claudia listened with tired eyes and a rigid jaw. She felt sick when he mentioned Ryan asking about her scars, the scars he had basically caused. She felt even more sick when he said Ryan had talked about the sex a lot -- and Claudia knew he would have been incredibly graphic and descriptive. At the time Claudia had thought it had been great, but now she realised that Ryan had only cared about satisfying himself. She felt horrible to know that Lucas now knew about it all.

At his last sentence, Claudia's jaw slackened and she could feel tears coming along again. He was right. Claudia had done everything with Ryan for the first time -- any kind of sex, kissing, dates, dancing, vacations, pregnancies, everything short of marriage and actually giving birth. He had stripped her of everything she had and thrown it away like it was nothing.

And she was Lucas's first everything. She felt horrible to know that she couldn't experience that with Lucas the way she had with her ex -- for the first time.

She leaned into Lucas and closed her eyes. "I'm sorry," was all she could say.​

L U C A S
Lucas eyes shut. Her apology only confirmed it. And it stung so much worse than when Ryan had said it. There was nothing he could say or do. It had already been done.

Back then, when Claudia was with Ryan, Lucas time was preoccupied with going to therapy. And on occasions, hang around the other patients. They didn't bother with the other at that time. And now, he wished he had. He wished he hadn't been so insecure, shy and afraid.

It didn't matter now or even then. In comparison, to all those around him, he was nothing next to that asshole. And though he didn't consider himself a saint, he knew for a fact he was better than the other teen by a long mile. At least, on the inside.

"It doesn't matter. What's done is done."

She had leaned into him, but he made no move to embrace her. He simply sat there beside her, eyes still closed.

"I'm sorry, but I don't really feel like doing anything today. "

c l a u d i a
Those words hit her like a ton of bricks. Lucas was so distraught by all of the truths that had come to the surface that day that he didn't even want to hold her.

That hurt more than anything Ryan could have ever said.

She leaned back and slipped her hands out of his, sighing deeply as she realised that there was probably nothing she could do to make him feel better, because whatever she could think of, she had done it with Ryan. Claudia had never felt so uncomfortable in her own skin than now, when she couldn't make him feel better.

"Are you mad at me?" she whispered. "Do you want me to leave?"