L U C A S
Lucas smiled sweetly at Claudia and looked back toward Anders who bent over to kiss his mother's cheek and give her a hug. He looked proud and happy to have won, as to be expected, but he looked more ecstatic to share the moment with his family and friends. He put his arms around Jenna's shoulders and took an usie to post and share the news with some others.

"I can take some pictures for frames too."
Lucas said after coming to remember the photo taking device hanging from his neck. He had brought it with him today for a reason. He knew his friend had to win some place.

So he took a photo of Anders with his mother and sister and then Mrs. Hickory took a photo of the group. This naturally happened before the taller individual had been pulled away by a few other contestants to talk and take pictuees. He had befriended quiteba few of them. And then Mrs. Hickory webt with him when he was pulled another way to shake hands of important people who wanted to meet him.

Lucas led others out to the front for it was crowded and loud while they waited for Anders and his mother to return.

"So, I texted dad the photo and Anders ... He texted it to Crystal and Ryan with 'Just won first place in this prestigious piano competition, what are you doing today?'."

Lucas couldn't resist to laugh.

"He's a very special person. I don't how they were the first person that came to his mind to text."

c l a u d i a
Elated to see Anderson enjoying himself and the attention that came along with winning first place, Claudia happily followed her boyfriend and friends out of the building and she couldn't help but laugh upon learning how Anders was celebrating his victory. She could only imagine Ryan's and Crystal's faces when they saw the images.

"How did he even get their numbers?" Claudia grinned as she opened her phone to see an abundance of pissed off text messages from both her ex-boyfriend and her ex-best friend, demanding that she keep her friend in check. Claudia sent them both smiley-face emojis and put her phone back in her pocket.

Claudia turned to Lucas again and wrapped both of her arms around one of his, clasping his hand in one of hers, and leaning her chin against his forehead. God, she loved him so much. He was so amazing and perfect and Claudia couldn't believe he was hers forever.

"I love you," she murmured to him.

When Anders and Nina returned to them, Claudia beamed at them both and grinned up at Anders. "I'd ask how you got Ryan and Crystal's numbers, but I'm not sure if I really want to know."

L U C A S
"I simply seduced a girl or two in the cheerleading team." Anders shrugged as if it was the most natural thing in the world. To him, it probably was as simple as that. "Nothing sexual happened, though. I am not a man whore. And to be fair, they came on to me first."

He strolled toward the exit excitedly, grinning. "Vamos, let's go!" He led them out the doors, presumably to go and celebrate and none of them any objections. Somehow, it felt like it was a win for them all and that Anders was sharing it with them.

Lucas held onto Claudia's hand brushing his thumb against the the back it. He slowed his pace so they were walking the back, the tail of their little entourage. He kissed her forehead affectionately, "I love you too." He smiled, replying to her previous declaration.

Seeing her happy was the greatest thing life had to offer, and he was beyond glad that he was able to see that. He loved her and only wanted to see her happy, though, he'd always be there for her whenever she was down of feeling anything else. Like she had for him.

c l a u d i a
"Claudia, pass me that bag?"

Back in the hotel room, Claudia was sitting with Lucas as they ate food and just genuinely celebrated the winning of Anderson Hickory. Claudia obliged and handed Eden's bag from the end of Lucas's bed, and he pulled a bottle of alcohol out of it and mixed it with some Coke.

"Anders and Jenna's mum is going to kill you."

"Nah." Eden took a swig and handed the bottle to Anders since they were the only ones out of the group that drank. Claudia nuzzled into Lucas comfortably. She had taken off her heels and let down her curly blonde hair, and she was just peaceful.

"So what's next?" she asked Anderson. "What're you going to do with the winnings?"

L U C A S
"Do you have anything in particular in mind?" Lucas asked as the brunette pianist champion gulped down at least a mouthful of the bottle.

Anders handed the bottle back to Eden after pouring himself a cup and stood from his spot. "Hell, if I know." He replied with complete honesty, shrugging innocently. He set his cup down on the nightstand in between both his and Lucas's bed. He flopped onto the mattress and laid on his side comfortable.

"I never thought about it, honestly."

"You have no idea?"

"Nope. I was more excited about the prize of performing with the New York Orchestra and Richard Ashford than the money."

"That's not until a long time."
Lucas reminded him. Though, it was included in the prizes, it still had to be scheduled. The orchestra and their maestro was especially busy. The soonest he'd be able to perform with them would probably be next period.

"He'll wait. He's only patient when it comes to piano." Jenna added.

c l a u d i a
"Oh, yeah, I forgot about that." Claudia had genuinely forgotten -- in the entire mess of relapsing, almost losing Lucas, Eden getting arrested and then coming out to Cleveland to watch Anders compete, Claudia hadn't had much time to think of anything else. She was lucky it was the summer holidays, or her grades definitely would have slipped.

"Wowww, Claudia, you're such a good friend." Eden's voice came out slurred.

"Are you seriously drunk already?"

"Whaaat? Noooo."

Claudia sighed, rolled her eyes, stood up and took the bottle from Eden. He whined but didn't do anything. Claudia capped the bottle and hid it from the very drunk blond. "I'm honestly quite impressed."

"... Thanks ..."

Claudia returned to Lucas, sat down and cheekily nudged him with her shoulder. "What if Anders gets to meet Embry Ashford and you don't, hm?"

L U C A S
"Psh, as if that would happen," Lucas rolled his eyes at her teasing. He leaned against her lightly, making sure not to pour all his weight over her as he pondered. The chances of Anders ever meeting Embry Ashford before him was slim ... No, actually it wasn't.

"Hey, why not?" Anders continued to poke fun at the blonde boy. He quirked an eyebrow at him playfully and sipped from his cup of booze. "Claudia got to meet Ethan Carstairs."

"But that's different. We know Eden and Eden is his brother."
He gestured to the drunken boy with a wave his hand.

"And Richard Ashford, who Anders will meet, is Embry Ashford's father. The chances are higher that way."

Lucas paused for a minute, the wheels in his head turning."Holy shit, that's scary, you're right. Anders, dude, you have to bring me." He whined, sitting up straight.

"You're cute, Lucas. But being cute isn't enough for me." Anders replied, finally getting tipsy. "What's in it for me?"

"I don't know. The love of friendship or something."

"I don't know. But it would be funny to see your reaction if we really did get to meet her. I bet you'd freeze up like Claudia did with Ethan." Anders laughed merrily. "Oh, what if Jace comes too? That would be even better."

Lucas watches as Anders rolled onto his other side, mumbling something unintelligible. He rolled his eyes once more before standing up and extending his hand to Claudia. "They are now drunks. Want to go for a walk?"

c l a u d i a
"I'm not drunk ..."

"You are so drunk."

Eden flipped Claudia off. Claudia rolled her eyes, stood up and took Lucas's hand, gladly agreeing to go on a walk with him. She loved the happiness in the room that came along with Anderson's victory but she loved Lucas as well, and they hadn't had much private time over the last few days.

They left the hotel and went outside to the park across the road. It was a beautiful park, filled with lush grass and beautiful flower bushes and a bubbling fountain that made soft noises as the water inside overlapped peacefully. Claudia said with Lucas on a park bench and wrapped her arms around him.

"I love you," she whispered, burying her face in his chest. "God, I love you so much. You're so amazing and wonderful and beautiful and you saved me, Lucas, you really did. I'd be stuck with Ryan and Crystal and they'd be suffocating me if you hadn't saved me and I don't regret anything, because I have you, and you're the best thing in my life."

L U C A S
Being alone with his beyond amazing girlfriend was pure bliss and even more so when he was able to put his arms around her and hold her close. The one person he could say with complete confidence that he loved the most and it would stay like that as long as forever. It only brought more warmth to him, hearing what she had to say.

"And you're the best mine."
He informed her, brushing his fingers through her silk like locks. He only pulled back so he could look her in the face. "You saved me, from everyone and myself. If you hadn't bothered with me that day, I have no clue where I'd be right now."

Lucas's lips formed a soft smile as he looked her in the face, his brown eyes meeting her blue. "I love you, Claudia. I didn't even know the meaning of the word until I met you." And meant that, he had never meant anything more before.

He kept his arms hooked around her waist, pulling her closer to him. "I'm so damn lucky." That was the understatement of the year.

c l a u d i a
Claudia's eyes brimmed over with tears, and she shook her head. "No."

Claudia Natalie Jeanne Lightwood was so happy, and she felt like she was on top of the world. Nothing could touch her unless she wanted it to. Nothing could bring her down anymore. Nothing could dampen her spirits, because she had with her Lucas Remington-Brooks, who was the sun and the stars and every bright and warm thing she needed in her life now. She loved him more than she could ever put into words.

Claudia cupped his beautiful face in her hands and kissed him, softly and gently, but pouring every ounce of love and passion she had into that simple locking of lips.

"I'm the lucky one."