• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Hopeless Romantic
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Premise
Agents Temporalis: A genre-bending, full-dive VMMORPG where the players are part of a special group of soldier. The Agents Temporalis, a taskforce created to protect the timeline from the time-travelling Temporals, an alien race hoping to colonize Aurastia for themselves. The Temporals travel into the past to change history to weaken the Aurans in the war that is happening in the current time. And so the agents complete quests (in standard MMO fashion) that protect and put history right to keep the balance as it is.

The Players will be a small group of friends who play the game together, knowing each other in RL. Even though it is an MMO, each player or group has their own instance of each would, with the Nexus being the place to meet, group, and trade.

Times

Bronze Age (Ancient Rome )
Feudal Age (Medieval Europe)
Powder Age (Colonial America)
Steam Age (Industrial Revolution)
Network Age (Modern Times)
Cyber Age (Cyberpunk [Matrix/Robocop Tech])
Ascension Age (Medium-tech Sci Fi)
Nexus (High-tech Sci Fi)

Combat/Mechanics
During all direct combat scenarios and actions against the enemy will have overall structure from me but the details will be up to the players (i.e. I'll write something like "you can kill three guys, or two and strike at the mini boss" or the such, and allow the player to improvise how he kills them). If players would like to take some sort of direct action not offered, simply run it by me in I'll give you the possible results of that action.

All enemies you must post strikes, bolded attack attempts for, rather than outright killing them unless stated otherwise. Your characters can also take wounds. Wounds will be emoted by me in combat posts, and will be bolded like strikes.

Gambits
are high-risk, high-reward maneuvers that can turn the tide of battle if successful, or seriously hinder you is they don't work.

The players accept quests from the nexus to gain rewards and experience, as well as advance the story. Or, once level five is reached, the party can go into a specific time and area to do dungeon, grind for loot, etc. The party would be allowed 3 deaths a mission/hunting trip before being kicked out and penalised with the fourth.

Loot is in the form of crafting materials, which every character gets one copy when it is picked up, except for rare loot which will be distributed by the players. Weapon and armor upgrades will be crafted between missions and/or game sessions, made from loot and handled OOC.

Equipment/Classes
Most types of weapons, including swords, axes, bows, guns, polearms, etc.
Armors From fastest to Strongest: Speed Armor, Flight Armor, Fight Armor, Tank Armor

The look of the equipment will be chosen by the player {For swords: [Feudal Style (European Longsword)" "Feudal Style (Asian Katana)" "Sci-Fi Style (Plasma Blade)" Etc.]} in order to personalize the character, the skin being the same no matter what time they go into. The weapon and armor stats would be influenced by which materials are used to create it.

Each player will have two 2 weapon sets and a secondary. However, you will be locked to 1 set for the first ten levels.

Each set has 2 hands. So for a ranged class with 2 sets, you can take a rapid-fire weapon and a precise weapon, or a close-ranged gun and dual pistols, or dual pistols and a explosive weapon, or a pistol and armshield, and a rapid fire weapon...

Also, depending on the subclass you choose (unlocked at level 10) you will begin to gain skills and such that will make certain types of weapons better choices.

Frontline (Causes most damage) [Fight Armor]
Tank (Can take most damage) [Tank Armor]
Ranged (Causes most precisely damage & best crit. hitter) [Flight Armor]
Supporter (Healing & Buffs) [Speed Armor]

And each class will branch in 2 talent trees.

Frontline into full-attack DPS (dual-wield or two-handed) or Cavalry (gets a battle-mount)
Tank into Mobile Fortress (1H weapon + Tower Shield; or Tower Shield two-handed) or Balanced (1H weapon + Shield)
Ranged into Gunner (Bow & Arrow, automatic weapons, etc.) or Destroyer (Crossbow, Missiles, Sniper Rifles, etc.)
Supporter into Bio-Engineer (heals ppl, also has poison stuff and stim-packs) or Robotics (set up automated turrets, other traps and use other technologies such as mobile stealth fields, shield generators, etc.)

How Leveling works-

When you Level (Generated purely by narrative) You gain 1 point. For the first 10 levels you only have the base class tree, unlocking the sub-class trees at Level 10.

You can spend your single point on any of the talents (Active Skills) or traits (Passive Bonuses) that I come up with. The trees will evolve based on your actions and skills, So, in theory, two characters will not get the same trees, even though they are both Ranged classes.

Also, the more you spend on a tree, the better the choices will be for that tree.

Skills will be given per character, at a choice of three picks per level, given in OOC. Cooldowns and effects will be handled by me.

About Rezzing:
Rez spell, or recovering the spirit stone out of battle, or reincarnating at the nearest portal

The spirit stone emerges out of a dead body, and can be interacted with after battle to rez without using items.

About Damage to bodies IRL and IG:

IG body Damage: The virtual body feels it, but no damage or pain gets transferred IRL
IG Severed limbs and such: What happens is the divegear locks down any waves going to that arm, and doesn't transfer them. Therfore, no moving a non-existant arm
IRL body Damage: The game comes up with a warning stating that your body is compromised, and gives you an emergency logout option, saving what loot you got from the mission and getting you out quick

Despite all the rules, this is not a serious RP. It is somewhat comedic, for fun, with ability to meta in the game, and plan stuff for the game in the RL scenes. Romance between characters is not forbidden. Please be able and willing to post at least once a week and be active in OOC.

~Characters~

IRL Character
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Looks-Pic, Description, or Both are fine
Personality-
History-

In-Game Character
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Looks-Pic, Description, or Both are fine
Class-
Equipment- Pic, Description, or Both are fine

CS SHOULD INCLUDE
Weapon Set 1
Weapon Set 2 (After level 10)
Secondary Weapon
Talents and Traits [Preferably in Spoiler]
IC THREAD

Last edited:
@Crow

Bringing Cassandra back, huh? Nice. I suppose I should touch on magic - if magic will be her main weapon as it looks like it might be.

If magic is the primary weapon, she'll need some sort of focus. Something like a want, gemmed ring, or some sort. And then she can have two elements or spells that she can use without needing abilities. Like, for example, if she takes fire and ice, she can throw a bolt of fire and spike of ice as attacks, but nothing much more exciting as basic things.

I hope that makes sense?

@Crow, just want to add - as much as I might like interacting with a digital naked girl, she is going to be CLOTHED for the game, right?

@Crow, just want to add - as much as I might like interacting with a digital naked girl, she is going to be CLOTHED for the game, right?

I don't know mang Yes and no. She uses six wings - two for flight and the other four to cover herself like clothing.

One set of wings for a sleeveless dress, one set of wings for a parka over it, and the last for primary flight.

Oh right, she didn't have wings back then. Just... levitation.

I initially thought of fire and ice censors but parka-wings were too good. Maybe I'll put that stuff off later.

@Crow

Bringing Cassandra back, huh? Nice. I suppose I should touch on magic - if magic will be her main weapon as it looks like it might be.

If magic is the primary weapon, she'll need some sort of focus. Something like a want, gemmed ring, or some sort. And then she can have two elements or spells that she can use without needing abilities. Like, for example, if she takes fire and ice, she can throw a bolt of fire and spike of ice as attacks, but nothing much more exciting as basic things.

I hope that makes sense?

I guess a necklace will suffice, crystal and all. I was thinking of her releasing dragonbreaths from her mouth.

She'll only be based on Cassandra.

@Crow she does need to be clothed though. I mean the wings sound cool, but don't wanna get in trouble with the mods. Especially since we have a mixed red/bluestar group, don't want to skirt any lines to close ><

As for the dragonbreaths.. perhaps. That could be one way of her casting her spells. Or, as well, dragonbreaths could be an ability tree, and other spells, like her basic ones, she could use her hands for like normal magic.

Just me thinking. :-3
Maybe I should work on coming up with some skill choices for you all....

IRL Character

eIUeOWZ.jpg

"Eh, you got gold?"

Name:
Benjamin "Min" Koh

Looks:
Min is about 1.58 metres tall, a close estimation to that being 5'2". Due to feeling cold most of the time, he wears the above depicted overcoat.

Personality:
On the internet, Min is very enthusiastic about things. Talking about his favourite games and all that. He never seems to run out of steam and energy.
In real life, Min has little to speak of. He's strong, silent and soft-spoken. He actually feels a little intimidated around this circle.

History:
Singapore-born and Singapore-raised, that is Benjamin Koh. Min started off as the net-friend among the little group. From time to time, he'd interact with the group through the Internet, saying that he'd like to meet them but he can't.
Well, he found a way.
From time to time, his parents would move to their second house in Whatevercountrythisis so that they can work, and Min would move along with them. During one of these times, Min had agreed to meet the gang once again.
This happened at least twice or thrice a year, without Min's parents knowing, since he was 13. God that's dangerous man.
But yeah, it's happening again.

Other Information:
Min looks rather feminine, so much that some people in the circle of friends still mistake him as a girl.
Back home, he's teased as a girl.

KTxLu44.jpg

In-Game Character

5m9pS5u.png

"I am Cassandra, daughter of Bahamut. I guess I'm in your care."

Name:
Cassandra

Class:
Ranged

Equipment:
Dragon Wings
(Armour. A set of six wings. Four of them seem to wrap around her like clothing. The other two function as her wings. I need to find out the name of a particular type of overcoat-like clothing so give me a while.
One of her later skills will involve being able to undo one layer of donned wings in order to reduce defenses but increase speed.)

Treasure Underarmour
(This oddly large bracelet(bottom most) covers her chest and this Egyptian treasure is improvised like a loincloth)
(Swiftly improvised clothing from a Dragon's treasure horde, generated out of a sense of modesty. That has to be some expensive stuff if gotten through other means. It has no stat boosts though and is classified as cosmetic undergarments)

Crystal Necklace
(Primary Weapon. Her power originates from there. Cassandra's mother gave it to her so that she can possess the breath of a dragon. Allows her to perform magic, basically, mainly fire and ice spells that are spewed from her mouth.)

Dragon Claws
(Secondary Weapon. Her dragon magic can temporarily conjure these claws of flames and frost to strike foes close-range.)

Dragonbreath: Fire Blast- Basic Fireball Spell to deal AOE explosion damage (Cooldown - 4)

Other Information:
During Beta, Min had obtained one a 'Unique Storymode - Fostered by Bahamut' Key. He doesn't say how he obtained it.​

Last edited:
Alrighty then! Kind feel I have enough of Cassandra to offer up skills, considering that what is most important there is class and equipment, so here we go! Time to pick your level 1 skill!

@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf
Shield Drum- Calls attention of all enemies around.

@Quiet One
Aimed Shot- 2x-5x Damage, Forgoes all other attacks that round (Cooldown - 3)
Liftoff- Uses Jetpack to leap out of danger and deal damage in the surrounding Area. (Cooldown - 5)
Noisemaker Round- Disorients a single Enemy [Narrative use- Distracts and Brings Enemies to investigate] (Cooldown - 3)

@CyanDies
Punchshot- Slams the enemy with the barrel of the gun and fires toknock him back and deal extra damage. (Cooldown 3)
Quickload- Can deal 1 more strike than allowed in a round (Cooldown 3)
Pistolwhip- Stuns 1 enemy as an additional action.

@Esper
Electric Punch- Shocks an Enemy and Knocks him back (Cooldown 3)
Flurry- Can deal 1 more strike than allowed in a round (Cooldown 3)
Flash Canister- Throws a flashbang that can disorient in a small area (Cooldown 4)

@Crow
Dragonbreath: Frost Cone- Releases a cone of cold in front that has a chance to freeze enemies whist dealing less damage. (Cooldown - 4)
Dragonbreath: Fire Blast- Basic Fireball Spell to deal AOE explosion damage (Cooldown - 4)
Wing Spin- Blows surrounding enemies backwards and has a chance to disorient (Cooldown - 3)

If you have questions, or perhaps have another idea for one, feel free to ask/tell me!

Reactions: Quiet One
Good system, but what's the minus? Do I have to sacrifice points to attack again, or is that a time delay? If it's a time delay, how long is 3 or 5? Seconds seems fast, but minutes sounds unfairly slow.

Good system, but what's the minus? Do I have to sacrifice points to attack again, or is that a time delay? If it's a time delay, how long is 3 or 5? Seconds seems fast, but minutes sounds unfairly slow.
It's not supposed to be a minus. Though I see I wasn't consistent. It's just saying Cooldown is: X

As for the cooldown, it's posting rounds. I don't want to mess with trying to convert time and all that, so I just use each round of combat (a GM post and then 1 response each) as my timing.

Any ideas on what you'll pick? :-)

It's not supposed to be a minus. Though I see I wasn't consistent. It's just saying Cooldown is: X

As for the cooldown, it's posting rounds. I don't want to mess with trying to convert time and all that, so I just use each round of combat (a GM post and then 1 response each) as my timing.

Any ideas on what you'll pick? :-)
Aimed Shot or Liftoff for me. Liftoff would be good for getting out of danger, but if I can deal five times the normal damage from a distance, that sounds like a pretty good skill for an enemy battle or boss fight. How much is a shot with my rifle usually worth? Is it just 1X? Does it go up as my level rises?

@Quiet One Up to 5x. More likely 2x or so. But yeah, normal attacks are 1x damage, scales with level. But most everything is run narrativly, which is why I'm not getting myself overly concerned about too many numbers.

Okay. I think the power of such a shot could be determined by my distance from the target. Like, if I'm at my normal sniping distance then I'm only dealing the 2X using Aimed Shot, but if I'm 10 or 15 feet from the target I can go up 5. Rewards risk. Would that be a good system?

Also, at some point I thought it would be cool to fire my gauntlet out of my gun as a Melee Shot. Can that be my Gambit?

Eh, I dunno. Maybe. Keep in mind that normal sniping distance isn't like 100s of feet away. Cause MMO, it is closer. I might just keep it a but RNG since it is a game, as said.. that's also slightly easier in a narrative view.

Plus I'm seeing gambits more as situational, and not a specific action per character. Sounds like an interesting ability though. :-)

Last edited:
I won't be hovering around the edge of the map or anything, don't worry. I plan to be one or two rooftops away from the main battlefield (an example for any town-based fights).

I won't be hovering around the edge of the map or anything, don't worry. I plan to be one or two rooftops away from the main battlefield (an example for any town-based fights).
If possible. ;-)

Anyway, sounds a good choice. You too, @CyanDies

Maybe by tomorrow we can get the IC started! :-3

Reactions: Quiet One
Status
Not open for further replies.