Useless Power? IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tequila grimaced, coughing into her hands. Her eyes watered from the smoke but she still tried to make out what was around her in case they passed the others without noticing. As Lucas started cough as well, she subconsciously rubbed his back like she would have done for her younger siblings. "Can you hear the others?"

"I think so," replied Lucas as he continued to move towards where he thought the voices were coming from. He tensed when he felt Tequila rub his back. "Please don't do that. That...feels weird." Eventually, through the fire, Lucas saw a male figure. He couldn't tell if it was Hisashi or Anton but made his way towards it while calling out anyway. "Anton? Or is that Hisashi? Over here!"

Hisashi's eyes were watery, he rubbed them and heard someone calling out. "Anton I hear someone, I can't see anything my eyes are on fire." Hisashi got lower and rubbed his eyes. "Lucas, Tequila if you can hear us follow my voice, we're over here. We have a way out, behind us a couple of hundred feet it's still clear. Hurry up."

Lucas tugged at Tequila. "They're that way. C'mon." He eventually emerged before the other two, coughing through the smoke. "Oh, hey guys. Are you here for the barbeque too? Let's get out of here."

Anton gave Lucas a dark look. "Let's leave the jokes for when we aren't in a fire please." He said as he turned to where they came in from. "I'll lead us out, Hisashi your hand on my shoulder, Lucas your hand on Hisashi's shoulder and Tequila your hand on Lucas's shoulder. We don't want to get lost in here." The man said as he felt the dark smoke filled his lungs making him let out a deep cough, the oxygen level was getting lower in this place and if they didn't get out soon then if the fire didn't get them then asphyxiation would.

Hisashi agreed by nodding his head since he suddenly erupted into a coughing fit. He felt dizzy as he placed his hand on Anton shoulder. He lungs felt like they were on fire, and his eyes watered. "Hurry before one of us passes out."

Tequila nodded, following him quietly. If she dared to speak she knew she would end up in a coughing fit of her own. Once they arrived, she squinted behind the group. Hisashi said the way out was that way. she could only hope they were right. When told to do so, she placed a hand on Lucas's shoulder.

Lucas put his hand on Hisashi's shoulder. "What are we waiting for? Let's go."

"All right them let's get the hell outta here!" Anton said as he began to move well run was a better term as three sets of feet ran behind him, the smoke was getting thicker now and his sight was limited but some light still got through from the area Hisashi and himself got in from. Luckily the area was still filled with some O2 though like with where Lucas and Tequila were at it was fading fast. "Get out we don't have much time!" He said as he stepped aside letting Hisashi, Lucas and Tequila to get out first as he was a follower of the first in last out mentality. At this point the fire was smoldering causing more smoke to fill the air and was using more oxygen and this was a dangerous situation but it would of normally been fine if it hadn't been for the sub standard and deteriorated glass of the many window in this oil refinery. As Tequila got onto the ground outside Anton hopped onto the ledge but as he did several of the windows in the refinery shattered rapidly pulling oxygen in from the outside doing two things, one it made the now smoldering fire roar back into a massive blaze and two causing a great blast of heat, fire and burning oil to be shot out of any openings in the refinery including the window Anton was trying to get out of. He was sucked in a few inches by the O2 rushing in not letting him jump out then launched forward by the blast of fire, his bare back lacking the shirt he had discarded before entering the refinery was splattered in burning oil that stuck to his skin while angry tongues of cherry red fire lashed him. The blast propelled Anton about twenty feet before he slammed into the ground, his screams carried into the air as he tried to roll on the ground to put out the fire dancing on his back luckily their was still large pools of water from the earlier fight to bad this was burning oil as the water did nothing but spread the fire over more of his body. Thankfully the fire was smothered as he rolled around but what would be the cost to Anton? He laid there taking in heaving breaths as his body suffered from the burns, Anton was down and the next few hours would be crucial but only if he got treatment soon.

(I realized we all made it out of the fight in relatively good shape...against a B rank...the first B rank, something had to happen and this let's me develop Anton more as I am going to model him after one of my favorite video game characters....I got a cookie for anyone that can guess who it is.)

Reactions: Kurogane86
Hisashi was relieved to be out in the open he took in a deep breath and choked as his lungs adjusted. He turned to see Lucas and Tequila make it out safely. He called to Anton when it happened. It was a backdraft, the sudden saturation of Oxygen caused an explosion sending Anton flying.

Hisashi ran to his friend, he tore of his shirt and tried to smother the fire as Anton rolled. "Hold on Anton" Hisashi was relieved when the fire finally stopped. He looked to Lucas and Tequila. "Oh no, this is bad we have to." Hisashi pulled out his phone and quickly dialed Elite headquarters. Diana answered. "Anton's seriously burned we need immediate medical attention. Send a helicopter or something hurry." Diana agreed. Hisashi hung up and knelt by Anton. "It's ok Anton they're sending help just hold on.

Tequila cursed, staying back from the flame as she watched Aton roll and Hisashi attempt to help. If she knew how to, she would have aided him in doing so, but she didn't and chose to stay out of the way instead of making things worse. Once the commotion had stopped and the chopper was called, she made her way over and knelt next to him. "What else needs to be done?"

Hisashi looked at Tequila. "Right now the biggest thing will be to keep him outta shock. We gotta keep him warm." Hisashi turned and faced the flames. "That shouldn't be a problem"

A black helicopter landed just as several Elite Cars pulled up. Hisashi and the rest were pushed out of the way as the emts started help g Anton. They placed him on the gurney and got him in the helecopter. As the heroes watched one of the other emergency workers called out. "Holly crap this guy is dead."

Hisashi turned around. He looked at Lucas and Tequila. "No way, I saw it with my own eyes Anton only knocked him out."

Lucas walked over to the emergency worker and went down on his knees to inspect the corpse. "I don't doubt Anton or you, Hisashi, but this guy is definitely dead. His eyes are out of their sockets, blood is everywhere. It doesn't look like he died through any beating. All the super heroes have already lost their powers, do you think another villain came by and finished him off? I think it's hard to deny that he didn't die naturally."

Tequila nodded, glancing at the flames. "They silenced him." If they had killed him to keep him quiet, then the group had managed to get themselves into something even bigger than they thought. But what exactly was what they didn't know. With a sigh, she stood up and dusted herself off. "We really shouldn't stay here for long. If they're gonna look after Anton and the dead guys is... Dead, then would should go rest or see what else needs to be done. As well as get that arm l ooked at."

Hisashi nodded and watched the chopper fly away. He knew Anton was in good hands, the med team at Elite was the best of the best.

Hisashi watched as the on site crew bagged the B ranker. Hisashi followed Lucas and Tequila into a van. One of the members of the response team sat next to Hisashi and started working on his arm. One more sat next to Tequila and started inspecting her, even offered her oxygen. The final one stepped in and offered Lucas a blanket and started patching him up.

Hisashi wasn't paying attention but soon they were at Elite headquarters. Diana ran out to greet the kids tears in her eyes. "I heard what happened thank god you guys are alright." Hisashi stepped back from her group hug. "How is Anton?" Hisashi asked.

Diana shook her head. "I'm not sure, they didn't tell me anything they just ran past me and went straight into the operating room."

In the OR Anton knew nothing but pain as the surgeons tried to stabilize him. "HE ISN'T RESPONDING TO THE SEDATIVES!" One yelled as Anton fought against the doctors his mind running on survival instinct. "HIS BPM IS CLIMBING TO HIGH!" Another yelled as his heart rate climbed higher and higher as he struggled harder and harder against the surgeons until finally he flat lined. "DAMN IT WE NEED RESUSCITATION NOW!" Anton's heart was trying to beat again on it's own but it would look more like it was having a seizure requiring defibrillation, the surgeons worked fast as the defibs were out and on Anton's chest within seconds. One shock, two shocks, three shocks four shocks it honestly looked like Anton was going to die here on this operating table until the fifth and final shock brought his heart back into action, he would live. The surgeons breathing a sigh or relief began the slow work of repairing this man though to what state they did not know. Hours passed as they worked taking dead, rotting flesh off his body and putting skin graphs in to replace it and while they worked Anton's mind worked as well pulling a memory from years long forgotten years from his youth after his parents died and his time with one of the many foster families he was placed with.
When he was just a boy he remembered a woman named Martha, she was the third foster parent he had been lumped in with and while Anton was never a problem it was clear from the start that Martha was not one for children. She never abused the boy but she never helped him either making him learn how to fend for himself, one day she said she was taking him to see a grand festival and they were going to take a train. When they got to the station she handed him something out of place in this day and age, a worn leather book with a silver and gold cross on the front and she told Anton. "Read that I'll be right back." And Anton read, he Read that book from cover to cover, it took him three whole days from sun up to sun down to finish it and even longer for anyone to look for him. Until now Anton hadn't thought about that book all that much in the years since then but now as he teetered between life and death his mind went to that book and he remembered how humanity was treated by an omnipotent all powerful being, how their lives were worth less than nothing how those with power demanded everything less those weaker then them face punishment. It was in this moment that Anton realized something about both the former heroes and the villains of this world, they were no different then that god, they demanded total obedience or they would face punishment in one form or another.
Anton made up his mind, these villains who held such immense power would not be given quarter from him anymore as they were not to be trusted with the power they had, the power they used for their own selfish gains.​

Hisashi waited outside the doors to the operating room. His arm already in a Cast and sling. He stood there waiting. "Damnit what's taking so long. Did he make? Shit this is all my fault I'm the one with the hero training I'm the one who should have assumed all of the risks." He punched the cement wall with his left fist. "Damnit!!!"

Hisashi's voiced echoed throughout the empty hall way. He pulled his hand back to reveal red bruised knuckles. "Tsk. It's not even 1/3rd of what he's going through."

@Dakota K5 @Demmy @jeshem

Tequila pushed the man away and shook her head. "I'm fine," she muttered, remaining quiet for the rest of the ride. When the arrived at HQ she stepped out and watched Hisashi. She didn't want to hear how it was going and so she walked past the two and into HQ. She returned to where she was sitting that morning and picked up her book from the floor. It held a world that didn't involve such problems, it would allow her to leave this place.

Lucas simply sat and watched Hisashi rage as he continued eating a bucket of ice cream. Usually, Lucas would have been satisfied with just a cup or two of his favorite dessert but the day's event coupled with Anton's injuries made today an exception. He was quiet until Hisashi punched the wall. "Sit down and stop hurting yourself. You aren't the only one worried for him," he said to Hisashi. "Anton's a tough guy, he'll manage. On the other hand, we should be more worried about ourselves. I think we can both agree that we weren't exactly subtle while fighting the B rank with the exploding refinery. If anybody was watching, they'll know that at least one of us has retained our power."

The surgeons walked out of the OR finally they all looked haggard and tired, most walked off while the head surgeon walked to the two that were waiting outside the OR. They both perked up when the man walked towards them and spoke. "Your friend is out of immediate danger but he suffered burns to around 99% of his body, he should be dead and did flat line on the table but we brought him back. You can go in now but he is in a medical coma, we can bring him out at any time but we want him to heal more first."
Inside the OR Anton was cover from head to toe in bandages, only his eyes were visible but they were closed while many tubes and wires ran in and under the bandages that kept him alive. His breathing was steady at least as he laid there unaware of the world around him.​

Status
Not open for further replies.