Useless Power? IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the group was making up a plan High tide was able to compose himself. The rain was again under his control. "I guess I should make sure I didn't kill that one or else Mr. Larynx will be upset." High tide summoned the rain and molded the water droplets into chains. He walked up to the back of the van doors. He willed the water into a crow bar and knocked on the door. "Hey, anyone alive in there?" He jammed the crow bar in between the door frame and willed it into liquid again. It worked it's way in between the doors and forced it open. "Oh, crap you're all alive. Tsk I guess I gotta finish the job."

Hisashi agreed with everyone as he heard the B rank outside. "Damnit. We don't have time. I'll distract him you guys go." Hisashi tried to pick up the liquid nitrogen canister and it fell. "Damn it." That's when he realized his arm was broken, he couldn't feel it since his adrenaline was so high. Hisashi grabbed the canister with his other arm an poured it on the side door. "As soon as it's weak enough break through and run."

@jeshem @Dakota K5 @Demmy
Two things happened when the B rank opened the door, one being that the side door that Hisashi was working with the liquid nitrogen had yet to break and two Anton greeted the B rank with his knife. Now if Anton had been able to put the blade in the B rank's neck that would of solved a great many of their current problems but Anton wasn't that lucky, the B rank had to fall off the side of the van he had climbed on letting Anton slam the door shut and hold it shut. "Hisashi you better hurry your ass up with that door or we all die." Another thing Anton noticed was when Hisashi said he would distract the B rank he said it as if he was going to do that alone...that wouldn't work. "Lucas, Tequila do what Hisashi said and break through and run, Hisashi you know if you stay here yourself you probably won't make it out nor will you be able to fight the bastard with that bum arm of yours...please put your trust into me I just need you to get me near him, their is no need for you to stay by yourself." Anton wasn't going to let him just stay here without back up.

Tequila nodded at the plan. "Sounds like it would work," she murmured, glancing over to Lucas. "You ready?' she asked, waiting a moment for his answer and the nitrogen to do it's worked before she broke the door open. "Good luck, you two."

"Aye, aye, captain," Lucas replied. "Hisashi, watch your hands." He raised the rifle and fired a shot at the frozen door. The bullet was rubber (apparently the heroes didn't carry any lethal weapons in their arsenal) but the force was enough to shatter the frigid door.

"May the force be with you," he called as he held the gun tight and rushed out.

Hisashi nodded at the plan. He smiled at Anton. "You're right well take him together."

Suddenly the doors were ripped off of their hinges as High tide used his water chains to pry the doors clean off. "You." He pointed at Anton "I'll kill you first." Hisashi faced high tide and tossed the canister of liquid nitrogen at him. "Run you two." Hisashi yelled.

The canister flew at high tide, he crushed the canister with his water chains. The force behind the grip caused liquid nitrogen to spray out coating his water chains in the nitrogen. "What the hell." Was all he could say as his chains fell to the ground useless. "Nows our chance Anton, we gotta get him scared."

Hisashi nodded at the plan. He smiled at Anton. "You're right well take him together."

Suddenly the doors were ripped off of their hinges as High tide used his water chains to pry the doors clean off. "You." He pointed at Anton "I'll kill you first." Hisashi faced high tide and tossed the canister of liquid nitrogen at him. "Run you two." Hisashi yelled.

The canister flew at high tide, he crushed the canister with his water chains. The force behind the grip caused liquid nitrogen to spray out coating his water chains in the nitrogen. "What the hell." Was all he could say as his chains fell to the ground useless. "Nows our chance Anton, we gotta get him scared."
Anton god a wicked smirk on his face, he knew how to put the fear of god in the B rank after all a ranged fighter like the B rank feared one thing most of all...someone pulling them in close. Anton reached out and grabbed the B rank and pulled him into the van and onto the ground or the new ground in the van, he started to strike the B rank with the bony side of his forearm. Face strikes, torso strikes and anywhere else Anton was able to hit, the B rank was able to block the hits...at first but the panic that sets in when you start to relies you aren't in control and as soon as that happened his strikes started to land. Anton was able to land about twenty hard strikes before the B rank was able to get out from underneath Anton, as they both stood the B rank formed a sword of water and swing it at Anton who used his power to make part if his head appear to the side though he was only able to avoid a fatal strike but the water blade still bit into the flesh of Anton's face. The blade cut through his left cheek and was pulled up missing his left eye but reentered his flesh at the eyebrow and keep going up to his hairline before he was able to pull back the B rank seemed to think this would give him the upper hand but his face fell when Anton raised his head and stared at the man as blood ran out of his wound and laughed. "Heh heh heh, what a sad thing you are, I thought I would be fighting a threat not a child with a water gun for powers but no I see a mere child before me hell look at your hand and how it shakes. You never fought anyone like me, no you either bullied powerless civilians or rather gentle heroes that pulled their punches as not to maim ya. *Anton pulled out his knife and waved it around in front of him* No, you see...i'm not...something you've met before no I am a little more...violent than you, your taskmasters or any of the...darker heroes or former heroes as. It. Is." By this point the water sword had fallen apart as the B rank had lost his concentration as Anton spoke. "So imma tell ya what i'm going to do, i'm going to walk to you and make you watch as I take this knife and push it ever so slowly at the bottom of your belly than...imma pull it up ever. So. Slowly. And you're gonna fell every. Single. Inch of that cut as your intestines, stomach and what ever else your. Pathetic. Little. Body has for me fall out of you to my feet and trust me that ain't gonna be a pretty way to go." If Hisashi ever had a chance to use his power on this B rank now was the time.

Hisashi was amazed to see Anton fight, it was as if he didn't know what fear was. Hightide turned from a psychopath who was dominating the fight to a scared child getting beat up. Hisashi starred into his eyes waiting for his chance.

Anton then drew his knife and started talking about what he would do with it. Hisashi got nervous aswell, Anton was terrifying. It was then that Hisashi saw his chance, hightide was truly scarred for a second. Hisashi opened his eyes wide and infiltrated his mind. That was when Hightide saw it.

Hisashi started to hunch over, his skin stretching, ripping, blood squirted everywhere. The look in Hightides eyes was that of complete horror. "What, what the fuc..." was all the B rank could utter. He watched as Hisashi finally transformed into the bloody demon. Hightide freaked out, he scrambled out of the van as Hisashi walked tword him. Hisashi faced Anton. "We got him. I'll hold him as long as I can." Hisashi walked tword him slowly. Hightide tried to use his power but the water wouldn't work, it barely moved.

Reactions: Dakota K5
Hisashi was amazed to see Anton fight, it was as if he didn't know what fear was. Hightide turned from a psychopath who was dominating the fight to a scared child getting beat up. Hisashi starred into his eyes waiting for his chance.

Anton then drew his knife and started talking about what he would do with it. Hisashi got nervous aswell, Anton was terrifying. It was then that Hisashi saw his chance, hightide was truly scarred for a second. Hisashi opened his eyes wide and infiltrated his mind. That was when Hightide saw it.

Hisashi started to hunch over, his skin stretching, ripping, blood squirted everywhere. The look in Hightides eyes was that of complete horror. "What, what the fuc..." was all the B rank could utter. He watched as Hisashi finally transformed into the bloody demon. Hightide freaked out, he scrambled out of the van as Hisashi walked tword him. Hisashi faced Anton. "We got him. I'll hold him as long as I can." Hisashi walked tword him slowly. Hightide tried to use his power but the water wouldn't work, it barely moved.
Anton with his left eye closed gave a thumbs up to Hisashi as he dashed at the retreating form of the B rank, it was rather easy when the man was to scared to really do anything. Anton grabbed the B rank and moved the man's body around so that he had him in a choke hold, now while the B rnak was powerful in his own right Anton was physically bigger than him so he was able to apply enough pressure to the man's neck that the blood supply to the brain was cut off fairly fast putting the B rank into a state of unconsciousness in about five or so seconds. Anton made sure he was still breathing but out for now before he took out a zip tie he had from the previous C rank bust that he used to bind the B rank's hands before he sat on the guy's back just in the event he woke up again and Anton needed to introduce his face to the pavement. He looked at Hisashi. "Well i'd say that was a success...well besides you know *He said as he pointed to his new injury on his head* you gonna be ok or are you gonna pass out?" Anton asked knowing how the teen's powers were able to negatively affect him if he pushed himself to hard.

Lucas ran like hell into the refinery. He looked back and waved Tequila in as Anton brawled with the B rank. Once inside he waisted no time in searching for the package the drone had dropped off. He found it under some pipes and, upon retrieving it, turned to Tequila.

"Please tell me you know what to do next."

"That's easy," Tequila replied, looking up at the building once she had arrived. "We go inside and see if we can find any oil left. If we light that up, the building will go up quite quickly. It'll just be a matter of getting out of here quickly."

Hisashi stood looming over the screaming B ranker. He was scarred, he clawed at the ground trying to break Anton grip until his body went limp. Hisashi immediately cut the link, he closed his eyes immediately. "No, it was under a minute, I'm good."

Hisashi opened his eyes slowly. He waited for the world to stop spinning before he said anything. "Well I'm glad that's over, although." Hisashi scratched his head. "It feels like it was to easy." That's when Hisashi heard it. "What. What is that beeping." It was coming from Hightides pocket.

Hisashi reached in his side pocket and pulled out a cell phone. The name Larynx was on the screen. Hisashi accidentally answered it. Heavy breathing came in through the receiver, then the call ended. Hisashi looked up at Anton. "I don't know.." That's when the phone lit up. It flashed with a big 10, then a 9, 8, 7,6. "Hey Anton." Hisashi flashed the phone at him. "What do you think this means." The phone finished counting down 3,2,1,0.

A sudden explosion erupted in the oil refinery. Hisashi turned and faced the loud noise. "Holy shit....Lucas? Tequila?."

The heat was sudden so was the sound and pressure, his body jolted as the smell of burning oil filled the air. The dark smoke started to fill the air burning away the rain clouds from earlier, he heard Hisashi yell as he stood and began to jog to the refinery. "Follow me." He said to Hisashi as they got nearer to the ruins the smoke was thicker and the heat more intense, Anton took off his vest and shirt while also rolling up his pants. "Alright Hisashi you got two options, one follow me into the fire and look for Lucas and Tequila or two, you sit out here and do nothing. I need to to decide now friend as we aren't able to wait." Anton asked him knowing that if either of the two were alive they only had minutes before the fire or smoke sis them in.

Lucas' ears rang as he slowly turned over. What was up with him and getting tossed around today. He got to his knees and looked around. The air was smoky and hot, making it hard for him to see or breath. He had lost his weapon in the blast and his clothing were a little singed. "Well, that went spectacularly," he muttered to himself. He eventually got to his feet to go search for Tequila.

Tequila lay on her back, staring at the ceiling in a daze. The building seemed to be burning but that didn't quite register in her mind yet. Blinking, she let out a cough and slowly sat up. "Ow..." she paused then, looking around onc emore, finally realising what might have happened. "Lucas... Lucas!"

Hisashi looked at the blaze. "No need to ask. Let's go. Our team is in trouble." Hisashi looked around for some place to enter. "There that window on the far side of the factory. It doesn't look like the fire spread that far yet." Hisashi started running that's when he saw the B rank unconcious. "Ironic."

Lucas stumbled his way to Tequila through the fire. "Good to see you're still alive," he grinned. "Let's get out of here before that changes." He offered his hand to help her up. "Anything missing? Anything broken?"

The smoke made it hard for Lucas to see any clear way out. "Smoke rises," he observed. "Let's try searching on the ground floor for an exit."

Anton nodded and followed, as Hisashi said their was a window with no flame billowing out though the glass was gone from the blast itself. He said as he jumped through hearing the glass crunch under his boots as he heard Hisashi behind him. "This smoke is gonna be harsh, we need to stay low." He said as he squatted down low, the thing they had going was the fact that the ceiling of place was rather high in this area about fifty feet but the smoke was at a height a little higher up then Anton himself.

Likewise," Tequila muttered, accepting his help and standing. "Everything's here... I think." She nodded then, glancing around. "How did we get so high up in the first place," she muttered, gesturing in front of herself. "After you."

Hisashi nodded and followed Anton. He jumped in so effortlessly, and Hisashi had to crawl up and almost fell. "Ok, well stay low." Hisashi got low his arm still broken causing him intense pain. "Lucas!!!, Tequila!!!." As soon as he inhaled he started coughing violenly. "Sm..oke..so..thi..ck." Hisashi looked around all he could see was black smoke.

Outside a black car pulled up a tall stalky man got out of the back. He walked over to the B rank. He kicked him hard in the side, waking him up. He looked into his eyes.

"Ow, Larynx. It's you thank god. Come on untie me and we can get out here." Larynx shook his head and knelt down by high tide. He whispered in his ear. As he did hightide started screaming. His eye balls popped out of his head and he started bleeding from all of his facial orifices. He then went silent. Larynx pulled out a hanker cheif and placed it on his face. He did the sign of the cross and got back in the car and left.

Lucas, still coughing and wheezing, slowly made his way through the burning building. He thought he could hear Hisashi somewhere in the building. "Hisashi, you here?" he called before falling back into a coughing fit.

Anton let out a deep cough as the smoke surrounded him and Hisashi, he heard what he thought was a voice so he made his own call. "Lucas! Can ya hear me!" Anton yelled out as he thought the voice he heard belonged to Lucas and his baritone voice traveled a little bit farther then Hisashi's so hopefully if either of their two comrades were near they would hear him.

Status
Not open for further replies.