Useless Power? IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hisashi put his arm around Cleaver and spoke smoothly. "I'm saying if you wanna enjoy the merchandise it'll cost ya." Cleaver looked at Tequila then shrugged, "she's not worth much." Hisashi interupted. "Now come now buddy did you think I meant cash, damn it were in a golden age of villainy. I can walk up to any store rob them blind in mere moments while cops stay back waiting for help that's never coming. No, I want something more valuble. A chance to run with the big dogs. I'm tired of this Ravengers gang nonsense I wanna become my own villain."

Hisashi grabbed Tequila's hand and Cleaver hands. "Think about it, we can be partners. You know what's mine is yours, 50/50 that kind of shit." He joined their hands and winked at Cleaver. "I'll think about it" Cleaver said as he looked Tequila up and down. "Excellent, now follow me I got a van in the back where you can celebrate with this hot piece."

Hisashi turned he saw Lucas' signal. He smiled and led the couple to the back. As he passed Lucas he coughed twice which was the signal to get back up ready.

In the getaway van.

Chess mistress was working on her nails as she hummed a very catchy song. Her humming paired with her perfume, her long blond hair, her ruby red lips, and her bombatious body was enough to drive any man wild.

the driver cleared his throat. "We're approaching headquarters Mistress." She smiled and looked out the window. They were entering the garage of a world class hotel that was currently under construction. She faced Anton, "welcome home, pawn."

It didn't take long for a black bag to be put over his head when they got in the garage, he was wheeled out and took somewhere. When the bag was pulled off he found himself in a small room with no windows and a single light in the room, looking around showed him that their was one other person in the room and he appeared to be a guard of some sort with a carbine rifle in his arms. The man motioned to a small table with some clothes on it before walking out of the room and shutting the large steel door behind him. Anton sighed as he tried to stand with rather pleasant results, he was a bit wobbly at first but as full feeling returned to his legs he found himself able to stand with no trouble as he made his way to the table. He looked down and saw that they had left him with a cotton shirt, blue jeans with belt and a pair of tan boots, he stripped off the hospital garment he had been wearing over his bandages and slowly but on the things provided for him. He went to the middle of the room and sat under the light while he faced the door, he figured that someone would be along shortly and take him to whoever went through all this trouble to get little ol' him as he doubted that woman had done this all herself and not under someone's orders.​

Lucas gave a slight nod as these others headed out the door. He closed the door securely behind them, locked it, and then proceeded to break the handle off, making sure that nobody was going to use that door. He shouldered his bag and headed for the front. On the way, he intentionally bumped shoulders with some people which started a fight between two men which quickly spread to everyone in the bar. Lucas threw a couple punches randomly before leaving the building under the chaos.

Lucas headed straight for the car first. He dropped off his bag and took out the plastic gun and baton. Taking the strap off the bag and attaching it to the gun, Lucas took the rifle, made sure it was working correctly, loaded it, and headed for the alleyway. He leaned the bat against one of the walls and placed the baton on the ground next to it. He then checked the rifle once more and stood guard.

Blushing, Tequila suddenly felt glad the mask was there. Though it was only partial, it still hid her face. With a gentle tug, she pulled Cleaver towards where the van would be.

Hisashi led Cleaver and Tequila to the empty lot, there were tall building surrounding them with only narrow alleyways in and out. The perfect place for an ambush. Hisashi looked back, "we're almost there future partner, you will go ahead and cement our partnership with your...fornication." Hisashi got red, he new he slipped up when he used the word fornication. It was completely out of character for a Ravenger.

They got to the middle of the lot and paused. "Yeah, I sent my man to get the van. He should be here any second." Hisashi watched as Cleaver got impatient his grip on Tequila tightened. His lust filled face suddenly grew serious as he put two and two together.

"Wait a second you said you already had a van back here, and now that I think about it no Ravenger uses words like forication. Ravengers are generally stupid, loud, D rank punks. No none of this is right."

Cleaver turned faced Tequila and ripped the mask from her face. "Who are you?" He turned her around forcing her arm behind her back using her as a human shield against Hisashi.

AT CHESS MISTRESSES HIDE OUT.

a happy Chess Mistress had made her way to the Villa suite of the underconstruction world class hotel and checked her self infront of the mirror. She smacked her lips together and stuck her butt out confirming her bombshell body was still in top form.

A tapping sound came from in the corner of the suite. "Whose there?" Said a concerned C.Mistress. a light came on revealing Larynx the top villains right hand man. "Oh its just you, why are sitting in the dark like a creep?"

Larynx slid a paper across the table. "What's this" she said as she red it. "Geez our boss is such a slave driver, I do t even get a break." Larynx shook his head and headed for the door. "You know Larynx, we don't have to be in such a rush." C.Mistress jumped on the bed, her blonde hair cascading down her face as she laid down suggestive at her partner. He stopped looked at her luck her lips then turn and leave.

C.Mistress looked shocked that anyone could resist her she sat up and yelled." I was just kidding, who'd wanna bang a mute creep anyway." She got up quickly and started applying more make up. Desperately trying to assure herself that she was still attractive after that massive blow to her ego.

Lucas silently followed the group to the parking lot, the rifle in one hand and twirling the baseball bat in the other hand. Upon reaching the lot, Lucas allowed the group to move on without him into the lot as he circled the block, using a glare to intimidate loiterers away and checking the alleyways for any person that might be hiding. Assured that the team would not be interrupted, the lone teen proceeded to join his teammates. He entered the empty lot just in time to see Hisashi and Cleaver in a standoff while Tequila was held as hostage. Since he was already behind Cleaver, Lucas considered firing a plastic round into the back of the villain's head. He opted not to, reasoning that Cleaver would be more useful alive and not brain damaged. Then again, between a baseball bat and a riot gun, Lucas wasn't sure which was more lethal. Knowing that he didn't have the time to stand around figuring the best approach, Lucas carefully set the gun down and approached with the bat.

The first blow went to Cleaver's lower back. Lucas then crossed the bat over Cleaver's throat and began choking the man. He also moved backwards and kicked at the man's legs, trying to make the man lose his balance. If Cleaver pulled Tequila with him if he fell, she'd at least have the man to cushion her fall.

He was tired of waiting, he went to the door of his "Cell" an banged on the door then slid to the side, it took little time for the guard to open the door and walk in while Anton slipped out pulling the door shut behind him. As he shut it and listened to the guard's angry yells he looked down and saw the keys...the keys...the goddamned keys just left in the lock! The hired muscle was terrible here if this was anything to go by. He walked down the halls staying in the shadows while he looked for a way up and out when he passed a room who's door was slightly ajar, as he passed he saw the snake man form earlier and at first passed the room without a second thought but he stopped and took a few backwards steps until he was in front of the room again. He was asleep with a man sized heating lamp on him. "he really is like a snake." Anton thought as he stared down at the man when an evil thought made it's way into his head, he slowly unplugged the lamp and found a thermostat in the room and trued it's air condition on and dropped it way down to 41 degrees Fahrenheit while shutting the door and locking it, he then pulled up a chair and waited.
-------one hour later------
The air finally shut off, for Anton who had grown up in a cold area this was nothing but for his snake friend in front of him it was gonna make him slow very slow. Anton hit the snake man in the head to wake him and the first thing he tried to do was lunge at the man sitting in front of him but found that he wasn't able to, he also found that he was extremely cold and that's when the reality of the situation set in. "By the look on your face imma guess you know what's happening and from the panic that means I was right, you got the best traits of a snake while also getting all the problems too. Well that's good for me but real shit for you friend. Now I need some answers, first question how many other powered villains are here?" The snake man made a gesture for two. "Alright, are they both here right now?" The snake man's words were short when they were muttered. "One...here...female...other...male...left...hour...ago." Anton nodded his head at the words. "Well that helps, thank you." He said as he stood up and walked to the door, the snake man looked on in horror as Anton dropped the air lower then broke the thermostat. "You...hero...you...save." Anton looked towards the snake man. "Not anymore snake man, not anymore." He said as he shut the door and locked it from the outside.
------------------------------
Anton walked more after dealing with a few more guards and taking one of their pistols, it had a suppressor on it and Anton had to guess that a work crew was above working on the hotel or someone who they didn't want to alert. He found himself walking down a long hall with a door at the end that was again ajar, the rooms that he saw into and were empty were all getting more and more swankier as he went until he got to the last one. As he peaked in he saw the woman from earlier, the one who had taken him and killed dominator. It took him less than 5 steps to cross the room just as she was turning around and even less when the butt of the pistol smashed into her head knocking her out letting Anton go to work.
--------twenty minutes later------
When C.Mistress woke up she felt herself tired to a chair unable to talk or see but she was able to hear. "Oh you're awake that's good, tell me where I am able to find your plans or anything like that." In truth Anton had found a paper with orders though they were rather vague on what it was she was being ordered to do but he wanted to know if their was anything else. "Now i'm going to take that gag out, if you say anything other then answering my questions imma cut your throat wide open." At first C.Mistress thought this hero was bluffing but then she felt the cold touch of a the scalpel Anton had hidden away earlier. He took the gag out. "Simple question, what are your orders?" She opened her mouth and pressed her luck, that was a bad move. "You won't get anything from me he." She stopped suddenly as the blade was smoothly in one motion brought across her neck, she began to panic. "No need to panic, you won't die I missed any arteries. No I just cut some of your vocal cords, I guessed that your powers are based on either your speech or that kiss you give so I started with your voice. So here's what's gonna happen now, imma get some people to secure this place and you're going to be taken to the Elite headquarters and then they are going to ask you questions, you will write everything you know down for them, if any of it is false or leads to a trap imma become the Lucifer of your own personal hell." Anton finished, he took some of the upper layer of bandages and tied off her wound, it was bleeding but not enough to kill her really it looked worse then it was as you could see the vocal cords twitch and spasm. He walked back to mister snake's room and opened the door, he was lying on the floor as Anton went over and looked for a pulse. It was there but extremely weak so Anton pulled the big bastard out into the hall Anton really needed to get back in shape from all those days spent in the hospital, snake man had been put into a coma from the cold but wasn't dead so that was good for Anton.
--------
Anton sat down in the hall way with the pistol aimed at the snake man in the event he woke up before any back up got there. "You better hurry up Hisashi."

Tequila squeaked, almost tripping as he turned her to face him, and again when he turned her away. For a second she winced, her pulled tight, but she was quickly trying to think of a way to calm him down. In fact, she had thought of a way and would have done something, if Lucas hadn't beaten her to it. At her first chance, she pulled away from the man, watched him fall to the ground, rubbing her arm slightly.

Hisashi was relieved when Lucas appeared outta no where. He was able to subdue the target. Hisashi ran up and quickly checked his pockets for any metal. He reached into cleaver's picket, winced and pulled out a set of now bloody keys that he was already turning into a blade. Cleaver looked somewhat smug knowing he cut someone. Hisashi threw the half transformed keys and added pressure to his wound. "Just in time" He said as he continued to check for any metal.

Hisashi pulled a radio out of his pocket and called for back up. "We got him proceed to pickup." In a matter of seconds they were surrounded by Elite special ops. Cleaver struggled as he was restrained and thrown in a riot van. The team gathered. "Good job guys, well done. Lucas thanks for thinking quickly, Tequila are you ok? He didn't get to um." Hisashi looked an her body for bruises, then turned red. " the missions over so um here." Hisashi took off his over coat and gave it to Tequila.

At c.mistress headquarters

C.Mistress was in shock that she had been captured so easily and angry that her perfect body was now scarred. "Gur, gash...shargh"(you bastard) she tried to speak but couldn't her throat was hurting as she struggled to call for help.

Larynx made his way to Anton's cell with a group of C.Mistresses goons he walked to see an open cell. He looked pissed, he turned faced one of the henchmen and punched him in the gut with all his might causing the thug to vomit. He grabbed another one and pulled out his phone he started typing quickly. He showed it to the goon and it read.

"Lock down the building, find this Wanna be hero and bring him to me alive."

The Goons Dispersed Taking Their Fallen Comrade With Them Larynx continued to text his boss.

"C.Mistress allowed the hero to escape. What are your orders."

A second later, his phone rang he pressed the answer button. "You're their arnt you? Find him bring him back alive I need him so I can adjust the device blocking every useless ability. They have turned out to be more trouble then I thought." The phone went silent Larynx put his phone away and walked tword the elevator.

"I'm fine, Hisashi," Tequila muttered, pulling the overcoat around herself. "And, uh, thanks. Both of you." As much as she hated to admit it, she was grateful for their help at least. "We should head back. It's getting rather late." She suggested, still unknowing of anything that had happened at HQ.

Anton heard the footfalls before he saw them. "Shit." He cursed in his head, it would seem that more goons were around. He looked around for a quick exit and saw the door behind him was open so he pushed back slowly as to let it open quietly, slowly he shut it and waited on the side for the two to pass. He heard their surprise at seeing the snakeman on the floor passed out and he also heard as they stopped right outside the door to inspect the snake man. Anton's hand tightened around the pistol he had taken earlier in an almost unconscious action as he listened to one of the guards speak over a radio. "The snake is down sir, it looks like someone got him while he was asleep. No sir he is still alive but he isn't responding to anything please advise? Yes sir." Anton heard one of them speak to someone on the radio before talking to the other guard. "Stay here, i'm going to see if I am able to find the Mistress." Anton didn't hear a response to the order but he did only hear one set of footfalls walk away, he peaked out of the door to see the other guard facing away from him. Anton knew he was in no shape to get into a fist fight and he didn't know if he had the strength to put the guard in a submission hold, he looked down at the pistol in his hand and weighed his options but it was fairly evident what he had to do. He barely felt the recoil of the suppressed pistol as the guard fell like a puppet with it's strings cut nor did he really notice as he picked over the now dead man taking his radio and his pistol magazines or as he pulled himself into the vents of the place. "I just killed a man...they say you feel something when you take a life, either joy or pleasure if you liked it or intense revulsion of you hated it but I...I don't feel anything..." As Anton pondered on what he had just done he remembered that he had no time to do so as he pulled the radio out and turned it down as low as he was able to and still hear it and listened to the conversations going on over the channels. Most of the things he hear were order being given out to find him, he also heard a more commanding voice organizing all the guards but no one said his name. He started to crawl looking for somewhere to go. "If the others don't get here I might not make it out of this place alive."

"Yeah, let's head back," agreed Lucas after Tequila was confirmed to be fine. He retrieved the rifle and his other equipments. "I'll be heading to the car first, join me when you're ready."

The team and the capture team headed back to a locked down Elite building. It looked as though every Elite member was there regulating traffic and hauling criminals away.

Hisashi slammed on the breaks as he saw the scene. "Oh shit." He quickly parked the jeep and found the nearest Elite officer. "What the hell happened."

The officer stopped. He swallowed a lump in his throat. "Um some villains broke in, they took Anton." Hisashi's face went white. "What, how, who. Didn't any one stop them."

The officers head dropped he starred at the ground. "Yeah, someone found them. It was. Dominator. He, he didn't make it."

Hisashi and the officers attention were pulled tword the garage as a mournful scream rang throughout the street. Diana was being pulled from the scene, kicking and screaming as several Elite officers tried keeping her back.

Hisashi ran up "Diana!!" She faced him and hugged him tightly. "Hisashi...Hisashi...they...they killed him." She broke down he knees gave out as she started crying hysterically. "He didn't know. He didn't know." Hisashi hugged her as he looked around for help.

At C.Mistress headquarters.

The thugs roamed the floors of hotel just tearing the place apart looking for Anton. Larynx headed tword C.Mistress's hotel room. He saw the door ajar, he pulled a gun and kicked the door open. He saw her tied and bleeding. He put his gun away and started performing medical assistance. He looked into her eyes and knew what happened he plunged his fingers in her throat to stop the bleeding. As he gazed into her tear filled eyes.

He pulled out a lighter from his pocket and waved it in front of her face then rubbed it under his own neck showing his plan. He was going to seer the wound closed. She nodded as he lite the lighter. The metal around the lighter began to heat up, the anticipation was excruciating until finally he pressed the red hot metal against her fair skin.

-Anton-
He crawled like a worm through the air vents stopping every few feet to make sure that no one had heard him and to listen on the radio about what all the hostiles were doing at the moment as he went he found another opening, looking through the grate he saw that the room was a small utility/janitors closet and seeing as their was no one in the room Anton lowered himself down. He grabbed the keys he had stole from the first guard he had trapped in his room and locked the door so he had time to think. "So i'm trapped in a villain base and the last person to see me from my side is dead...so what to do? I need to figure out how to get attention drawn to this hotel hmm let's look around."
As Anton looked around the room he was in he saw a few things that you wouldn't in a normal storage closet but the one thing that really drew his attention was the three gas cans and the note with them, he grabbed the note and read it.
"Jimmy I don't like workin' with these pricks anymore then you but they'll kill us if we don't so what they say without question so stop talking about the gasoline -Rich"
Well he had gasoline so that was a start but they probably knew where these cans were so a fire here would draw them fast enough to put it out without outside assistance so he needed something else, as he pushed things around he found a shipping box that had already been opened but he wasn't really worried about what had been in it but what was in it now. He had a box full of Styrofoam packing peanuts and gasoline...he could work with this. If their was anyone with Anton he would of asked them what happened when you put Styrofoam and gasoline together but as their was no one for him to speak to he just went about his work, he pulled one of the mop buckets out and poured some gasoline into it before dumping the packing peanuts into it as well he then grabbed a mop handle with out the mop head and began to mix the substance up. As he went he added more gas or Styrofoam as needed until he ended up with a substance that was like jelly but it was white, what Anton had just made was effectively napalm and it would be just what he needed but first he needed to get to the hotel area rather then this basement luckily the air ducts were leading up. He grabbed some bottles from in the room and emptied them before filling them with his napalm and sealing them, he had four liters of the stuff before he ran out of bottles but luckily their was little of it left in the mop bucket so he pushed it back in where he found it.
-----
He pulled himself into the air vent again and began his crawl again, he needed to find a room that would let him get to in between the walls of the building to enact his plan hopefully it didn't take long to find as Anton wasn't that comfortable with four bottle of napalm hanging off of him. He also hoped he would get assistance real fast after the fire spread otherwise he was gonna burn...again.

Lucas followed slowly, behind Hisashi, and silently watched as people surrounded Dominator's body. From what he heard, Lucas was able to deduce that the people have ruled Dominator's death as a suicide, having sliced open his own throat. He moved towards the body, ignoring the people telling to move back. He knelt down besides the body and noticed Dominator's outstretched fingers. He stood up again and spoke over his shoulder. "Hey Diane. Do we know what Chess Mistress uses to mind control? Like a parasite, drug? Lipstick?"

Tequila remained behind, watching the commotion from a distance. It wasn't hard to pick up what had happened. After all, everyone was talking about it. ((So sorry. Uni distractions))

Hisashi shot Lucas a serious look. As if to say "to soon". He handed Diana off to the nursing staff to calm her down and get some sedatives. Hisashi walked over to the crime scene, he saw the chalk outline, the murder weapon, the blood and the message. "I just wish we had someone who saw it." A small mousy voice interjected. "Um I um" she wiped tears from her face. "I um did it."

After a long story she made it clear as to what happened. Apparently c.mistresses vitus are still aware they just can't react. She said she saw the whole thing but couldn't stop it. "She...she uses her eyes to numb you, them she...she kisses you that's what puts you under her control."

Hisashi thanked her and let her go he faced the team. "It's impossible to have multiple powers. Her true power must be the trance she puts the victum in, then she uses a chemical in the lipstick to make them take her orders."

"It sucks that Dominator fell, but right now we gotta focus on finding Anton. Spread out search for clues."

At the hideout.

Larynx finished performing his procedure on C. Mistress. He was able to stop the bleexing and synge together her voice box but her voice would be gruff and low. She would have a scar but atleast she didnt bleed out. She was an important piece after all she cant die here. He untied her and laid her on the bed to recover. (I know this seems unlikely but I'll ask that no one challenges me on this on c. Mistress is needed further down the road.)

The soldiers searched the hotel sweeping the entire building floor by floor finding nothing. Larynx grew frustrated he grabbed one of the henchmen and snapped his neck for coming up empty. Larynx pointed at the elevators as if telling them look again.

Lucas turned to the nurse. "Wait, the controlled victims are aware? Like they know where they are and what they're doing?" He turned to Diana and the other two useless. "Couldn't we just question Cleaver? Even if he tries to pull something off by claiming he was under the control of C Mistress, we know he was aware of where he was. The only tricky part would be to convince him to talk."

-Anton-
He stopped and panted a bit, he was starting to look forward to burning this building down especially these goddamn vents. "Oh ya Anton just get burned all to hell then get your lung cancer taken out then we'll let you rest here in out nice safe head quarters. Oh wait it wasn't very goddamn safe was it, and now i'm talking to myself great." He spoke quietly to himself as he had no one to vent to while he crawled through vents, thankfully he was at least in the hotel area as he was starting to see paneling rather then rebar and concrete.
-
He found an unoccupied room and slipped out of the vents, the room was standard fair for a hotel despite the moral ambiguity of the patrons of the building but that wasn't really important at the moment. He went to the closet of the room and took out the spare sheets and began to tear them up with the scalpel making them into something that would light on fire faster, he then made holes in the wall to get to the insulation where he started to put some of the sheets while also applying some of his homemade napalm to the strips of sheet and the area around them now he just needed a spark. He took out a bullet from the pistol and pried off the bullet itself so that he was able to get to the powder in the shell, he poured it in a small line starting at the sheets and ending a few inches away so that he was able to light it at a distance. He took the radio and broke it open to get to the wires inside while also taking the batteries out before he expose the wire and brushed the copper on the battery terminal, it took a few tries but he did get a spark and it did hit the powder lighting the napalm and sheets at the end. he did the same thing in another spot of the room getting a few small fires going, he got in the vents again and lite some of the stuff on the panels of the ceiling to start a fire in between floors he used up the first bottle on the first room and the ceiling. This stuff was great for this as you weren't able to put it out with water or a fire extinguisher though that was true just for the starting napalm fires, he was able to smell the smoke starting to spread so he needed to hurry. He went to two more rooms and did the same thing and by the time he was done with the third he was able to see that the fire was lashing out of the wall in between rooms now and the vents would be useless now unless he wanted to suffocate. He walked out of the third room and saw no one but did see a stairwell that looked like it lead to the roof where he wanted to be, he rushed to the door as to try and keep anyone from seeing him but the shout behind him put a kibosh on that as he pushed into the stairwell followed by the guard who saw him. Anton grabbed the man and smashed his head against the railing of the stairway dazing him before he pushed him down the stairs themselves before making his way three steps at a time up, he looked at the next floor and saw it was full of smoke as well as the tell tale signs of orange flame.
-
By now the fire alarms were going off and this is where Anton's plan was going, before the fall of the heroes the elite had all the alarms in the city linked to the elite head quarters for robbery, injuries or fire and this building was no different. Anton's hope was that Hisashi and the others would be dispatched here though they would be just getting back from a mission and if they didn't well Anton guessed this fire would finish the first's job if he wasn't taken by the villains here.​

Tequila stepped forwards and placed a hand on Lucas's shoulder. "Perhaps we should leave Diana alone. We could always ask one of the others."

Status
Not open for further replies.