Useless Power? IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hisashi looked back at Lucas. He got upset and yelled back. "Who the hell cares!" Hisashi snapped. "Who cares that the villains know that we have our abilities still, they obviously arnt even worth anything. That's why Anton's on his death bed."

The door to the OR swung open the whole group had a confident but exhausted feel to them. The head surgeon told them he was ok but in a coma. Hisashi nodded and looked back at Lucas. "Sorry, I was...yeah I'm gonna see him."

Hisashi walked in to see Anton wrapped up like a mummy, rubes and wires every where. Hisashi walked up his heart was racing, he felt horrible like he was the one who put him there. "I'm sorry Anton, we...we were a shitty team and you paid the price. I...I'm sorry."

@jeshem @Dakota K5 @Demmy

Lucas merely nodded to Hisashi as the other teen headed in to see Anton. Lucas himself wasn't exactly innocent of Anton's injuries; he was, after all, the one who lit the fire. He followed Hisashi, walking several paces behind and stood away from Hisashi and Anton. He leaned against a wall and sighed. Out of all the current useless, Anton probably had the most fighting experience. Without him, protecting themselves was going to be a problem for the remaining three.

After a minute or two, Lucas left the room to leave Hisashi and Anton alone.

While she was reading, Tequila moved around the furniture in the room. She would put it back, but only after she had finished her book. What she built with the furniture was a box like fortress in the darkest corner of the room. She sat in the middle of it all, using a small desk lap to light the book she was reading. Eventually, she fell asleep, dropping the book in her lap and resting her head on the wall.

Anton's mind was a light with activity even while his body was still and immobile, jumbles thoughts and ideas floated around his subconscious. For someone like Anton this was torture, not able to do anything, not aware of the world around him he wanted out. A few days passed and he was still kept in this state as he healed though as to how he would be when he was awaken was yet to be seen, a few week went by when finally the first signs of consciousness returned to Anton. A nurse was looking at his chart when she noticed his movement and groans as he tried to adjust himself, she quickly went to get a doctor. He sat there looking as sunlight filtered in through the single window in the room as the doctor walked in. "Ah yes Anton, you were rushed here with terrible burns about a month ago, you have exceeded our expectations with how fast you have recovered but we do have bad news. First I want you to look at this X-Ray we took of you a few days after we first received you." The man put the images in front of a lit screen, they were of his chest and his lungs, they were blotted with dark clusters. "Yes as you are able to see we found a...anomaly in you, unfortunately after doing several scans we found out it was cancer. Now as you know we have treatments that are 99% effective in dealing with most forms of this, we treated you and your lungs are clean now but that brings us to the bad news. You see the treatment destroyed the skin graphs we out on you and others seemed to not take hold." He handed Anton a mirror, Anton looked at himself but saw a man wrapped in bandage. "Those bandages are keeping you from damaging your skin more, now you see if the skin graphs had stayed you would of healed within a month but for you to heal now on your own it will take years, years of which you will need to wear and replace those bandages at least one time a week. I will go tell your friends you are awake." He said leaving Anton with his thoughts as he again stared at the light shining through the windows.

(Time skipped a few weeks, I hope that was alright.)​

Reactions: Kurogane86
Lucas came into the room several minutes after the doctor had left.
"Welcome back to the land of the living," he said with a small smile. "Three weeks and four days. That's how long you've been out. Couple of C rank incidents came up since the refinery fire but any big shot has been laying low. I guess having a couple of useless beat a B rank really gave them a reality check. Anyway, how're you feeling?"

Hisashi was in the gym. He was currently lifting weights when the call came in. Ever since Anton's accident Hisashi has been living in the gym. He has been learning how to fight from Diana and the rest of the Elite Heroes.

Hisashi sat up from the bench press and grabbed a towel. "Anton?" He wiped off his sweat and ran upstairs to the recovery room. He burst through the door to see Anton and Lucas. "Hey, Anton." Hisashi was breathing heavily as he stayed by the door way
"Um...good to have you back."

Tequila sighed, almost ignoring the call. She had been on the roof, practicing the arts. Finishing the set, she turned and nodded to the person before making her way into Anton's room. AS expected, the others were there first, and she hung back a bit, leaning on the wall and simply listening.

He turned slowly as he looked at Lucas. "The fire still burns yet their are no flames, though with out the flames they would not of found the illness in my lungs." He looked at Hisashi up and down. "You have been training, we will need to spar soon." He looked at Tequila as well and simply nodded. His eye's were the only thing seen as the bandages over his mouth moved with his lips as he spoke to them, he wondered when he would be allowed to get out of this place.​

(OOC since Dakota is coloring his speech, should we do so too? It would help in case we have a number of characters talking at once)

"Fire? No flame? What?" Lucas stuttered as he tried to make sense of what Anton said. Anton didn't say what kind of illness was found in his lungs but knowing that he was a smoker, Lucas didn't have a hard time guessing what it was.

He pulled up a chair beside the bed and sat down. "And no. No sparring. Not now. You've only just woken up from a three week nap, you are not ready for anything vigorous. You're going to rest, regain your strength, and continue recovering. After that, then you can consider sparring."

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurogane86
Hisashi cleared his throat "sure we can spar anytime." He heard Lucas' objection and decided to but in. "Actually we can probably get R and D (research and Development to work on a custom jump suit for Anton so he can get back to the field whill keeping his injuries safe."

Hisashi looked up at the clock and spoke up. "I'm glad your doing better Anton but we really should be going we have to meet Diana in the briefing room in 10 mins. We're going after another C ranker."

Reactions: Dakota K5
Tequila smiled back at him softly. It was a gruesome sight, yes, but at least he was alive.

((Giant WB so sorry.))

Anton nodded to Hisashi before giving a smug smirk towards Lucas though he wasn't able to see it with the bandages and all. He wished he had a smoke though the doctors would probably have a conniption if they saw him smoking. "Well get going, to the meeting then I won't stop you." He said as he leaned against the pillow on the bed to think.

Hisashi left first he felt as I'd a ton of weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He headed down the hall way to the meeting room. Diana was waiting with the grizzled looking X hero Dominator. They were setting up for the meeting.

"Good morning Hisashi" Diana said

"Morning" said Dominator. "We uncovered alot of information from the last C ranker you brought in good job recently. You and the team have been improving greatly."

Hisashi just nodded. Although more than a month has past since they started working at Elite Hisashi has yet to forgive Dominator.

Dominator spoke up. "I heard Anton's awake that's good news, per your request we started working on a custom jump suit that's insulated with a protective mesh that'll help protect his regenerating skin."

Hisashi nodded.

Diana spoke up. "You know Hisashi, we went through quite a bit of trouble for that suit, a simple thank you would be greatly appreciated."

Hisashi looked up at Diana then to Dominator. His first reaction was to say something negative but he thought about how Anton would be able to leave his bed and how happy it would make him. "Thank you."

Dominator scoured at Diana as if saying that was unnecessary. She just smiled and continued preperations.

@Dakota K5 @Demmy @jeshem

Lucas, who had followed Hisashi, entered the room just as Hisashi was saying thank you. He clicked his tongue at Diana and butted in.

"Between the heroes and us useless, who was it that failed at their job and got their powers taken away? Between the heroes and us useless, who failed at their job so they sent a group with hardly any powers to do their job for them? Between the heroes and us useless, who went and did somebody else's job and nearly had one of their members killed?" Lucas had moved forward so that he growled right into Diana's face. "We don't say "thank you" for that suit, that suit is your way of saying "thank you for doing our job and sorry for failing at our job and making you clean up after us" to Anton."

When the others left, Tequila sighed and pushed away from the wall to follow. "Heal quickly," she mumbled before leaving the room. Before she had enteres the room, she could tell the others were in another screaming match. It didn't happen often, and it wasn't always the same people, but it happened. she didn't interrupt, though, and decided instead to walk over to Dominator. "So, what do we need to know about this one?"

Hisashi smirked as Lucas went off on Diana, he could see Dominator getting ready to speak up but hold back cuz he knew Lucas was right. Diana looked as if she was gonna cry that's when Hisashi spoke up. "You're right Lucas. No words of gratitude needs to be exchanged. For a hero saving the day is their own reward."

Dominator's eyes looked at the floor that's when the realized it was something Dominator and the rest of the heroes used to say in their interviews. Tequila walked in just in time and asked what we needed to know about the next target.

Dominator cleared his throat. "You're right Lucas and Hisashi. I'm sorry." Diana looked up, teary eyed. "Me too."

The lights dimmed as the projector kicked on showing a tall blond female, with green eyes and Ruby red lips. "This is the villaness Chess Mistress."

Anot her screen popped up revealing her information.
Name - Julia Ramsey
Alias - Chess Mistress
Rank - B
Known affiliates - Destructor, Menace, High Tide, Outlaw, Quikstep, Goliath, etc.
Power-puppet master - Julia can manipulate up to 8 people for a period of 38 mins. Her manipulation is complete, from mental domination to physical movement.
Other- her IQ is over 162.

The screen disapeared. Dominator spoke up. "As you can see this B ranker is a on a different level, thankfully she isn't your target. Your target is one of her "pawns" a C ranker named Cleaver. Anot her window popped up.

Name - unknown
Alias - Cleaver
Rank - c
Known affiliates - Chess mistress, pin head, jeff, cereal man, match stick, chalk dust, nails, coroner, maiden Black, shewhip, claw, cranium, bicep. Etc.
Power-metal manipulation- can bend metal (up to 1 pound) seems to only be able to create knives, prefers the Cleaver.
Other- scars along his left arm, from knife cuts. He gives himself one every time he defeats a hero. Currently has 3.

Dominator spoke again. "We have found out that Cleaver visits this bar "the rusty dagger" we want you guys to go under cover, get him alone and bring him in for questioning. If we can bring him in we can learn about one of Destructor Generals."

The projector turned off and the lights turned on. "Any questions?"

@Dakota K5 @Demmy @jeshem

Lucas backed down and listened to Dominator give his presentation. Upon hearing about their intended target, he gave a scoff.

"Sooo we're up against a guy that can bend metal and uses knives. Couldn't we use a plastic gun and rubber bullets to take him down? Doesn't sound like too much of a problem."

Tequila smiled softly and shook her head. "It seems easy, but how do we bring him in without making too much of a scene? If he's always there, then he would have friends there, people who know and protect him. Simply shooting him could put us into a big situation."

Anton was simply sleeping in his bed while the other heroes were briefed on the whole situation, he may of hated just lying here but hey if he didn't have to do anything he was going to take advantage of it though something in the back of his head was telling him that his peaceful day wasn't going to stay that way.​

Hisashi spoke up. "We'll just have to earn his trust. Maybe have Tequila act like she's into him. Once we get him away from the bar we can knock him out and bring him back."

The phone rang, Dominator walked over and picked up the phone. "Ok.....thank you....keep an eye on him.....they're moving out now." He hung up. "Ok team that was the call we were waiting for. He's on his way. Put on disguises and get to that bar."

A floor plan popped up on the projector. Get him out of the bar using the back exit the around this corner. I'll have a detention team standing by so they can pick him up when you knock him out."

Hisashi nodded. "Ok let's go team. Get dressed up like a small time villain and meet in the garage in 5mins."

(Fast forward to the garage so we don't have to keep Anton out for to much longer.)

Hisashi stood waiting by a black jeep, he was dressed head to toe in black, with a black trench coat, metal bracers, half a goalie face mask and gel in his hair. "Geez I look like a dork." He stood by the Jeep tapping his foot "hurry up you two."

@jeshem @Dakota K5 @Demmy

• Nice Execution!
Status
Not open for further replies.