Useless Power? IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tequila nodded, slightly, typing furiously on the computer. "They seem to be on the far side. How strange," she mused only for a moment, though as she continued to work. Pausing when he had spoken to her, she glanced over to Anton and smiled slightly. "That won't be necessary," she mumbled, revealing the numerous knives around her waist. "My father was a martial arts teacher." She winced, grabbing onto the chair for support as the machine flew through the air. "You are fucking idiots," she growled, standing once they had stopped and somewhat leaning out of the door when they was spoken to by Lucas. Liquid nitrogen was good, but how well they work would depend on what situation they were getting themselves into. That was when it hit her, literally. The rain was starting to fall and she frowned, looking up. Just perfect. As Hisashi called out, she jumped back from the doorway to allow the others to get into the vehicle.

Anton growled a little in his throat when Hisashi jumped the damned van as he was putting his knife onto his thigh again, he looked at the Liquid Nitrogen gun and sighed. It would boil off as soon as it left the nozzle unless they were touching the B rank with it, as the rain started Anton knew something was up. He was forces to roll away rather then get in the van as he would of been hit otherwise, He ended up behind a wall of concrete as he looked down he saw the Liquid Nitrogen gun had a gash through it and was wet. He made sure he was fine before taking the container with the Liquid nitrogen off the gun and getting rid of the gun itself.
The rain kept falling as he thought about what to do, this B rank was god out here so getting the rain to stop was the first thing he knew that if they could heat up the air around them fast enough that they would be able to get the clouds to dissipate. He realized that his answer was near him and the team. "We need to get fires going. We need to heat the air around us to get the upper hand on this guy, I need you all to get in that refinery and start those oil pumps and when their full and ready light them up. We need fire and the rain won't stop an oil fire." He finished speaking on the radio, he just hoped they had heard him. Now he just needed to figure out what the hell he was going to do.​

Lucas dived behind the car he had driven and took cover as the liquid knives splashed around him. He looked down at his gun and sighed. So much for that plan, he thought. When Anton started yelling about starting a fire Lucas was initially confused. His friend could help take care of lighting a fire but running to the refinery would be suicide as whoever left their cover would be shredded by the rain the moment they revealed themselves.

"Hello? Hey, it's me...Yeah, um, I know I just borrowed some things from you but do you think I could borrow something else?...Do you remember the barbecue last year?...No not that-...Yeah, yeah, that one. Do you mind if I borrow that?...Thanks. Also, do you remember that weird umbrella you had? Do you still have that?...No? Okay, it's fine...Yeah, uh, about that, I'm a little tied up over here. Do you think you can get it to me? I'm at the refinery...No not that one...Yeah, yes, that one...Ten minutes? Sure. Okay, thanks. Bye."

He called out to the other three, "I've got a friend who has something that'll help us light a fire. It'll take a while for him to get here so until then, any idea of how to actually get into the refinery without getting shredded?"

Hisashi dove into the van just as the water knives fell. he scrambled for his radio hearing everything. He knew that they had to keep Hightide busy long enough to get to the refinery and start an oil fire. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his tin of pills. he recalled the hero who created them mentioning they can expand the use of his power but all it did was ease his terrible headache after pushing his limit. He pulled out his radio and cleared his throat. "I'll do it." Hisashi took in a deep breath. "we need ten mins right. i can hold him off with my power for 2.5 maybe 3 mins. which means i have to get him shaken first just enough to breach him mind."

Hisashi took his liquid nitrogen gun and unscrewed the container from the gun. "this riot can is able to shoot projectiles, you know like tear gas or smoke bombs, i bet i can get it to shoot this liquid nitrogen canister. I will create a window for you guys and once i got him spooked i'll enter his mind and hold him. Hopefully long enough for you guys to get the fires lit, and him cut off from all water." Hisashi swallowed a large lump in his throat he took his finger off of the radio and took in a deep breath he didn't want to sound nervous. "how does that sound leader?"

Hisashi dove into the van just as the water knives fell. he scrambled for his radio hearing everything. He knew that they had to keep Hightide busy long enough to get to the refinery and start an oil fire. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his tin of pills. he recalled the hero who created them mentioning they can expand the use of his power but all it did was ease his terrible headache after pushing his limit. He pulled out his radio and cleared his throat. "I'll do it." Hisashi took in a deep breath. "we need ten mins right. i can hold him off with my power for 2.5 maybe 3 mins. which means i have to get him shaken first just enough to breach him mind."

Hisashi took his liquid nitrogen gun and unscrewed the container from the gun. "this riot can is able to shoot projectiles, you know like tear gas or smoke bombs, i bet i can get it to shoot this liquid nitrogen canister. I will create a window for you guys and once i got him spooked i'll enter his mind and hold him. Hopefully long enough for you guys to get the fires lit, and him cut off from all water." Hisashi swallowed a large lump in his throat he took his finger off of the radio and took in a deep breath he didn't want to sound nervous. "how does that sound leader?"
"Heh heh, if you are able to get me a window to get to the bastard while Lucas and Tequila get a fire going that'd be great. Also anyone got a problem with me beating the B rank to possible death? I ain't gonna hold back on this guy, also Hisashi I see another barrier I might be able to get to. On your go imma run and give mister water works a target while you do what you need to...then we go from their sound good?" Anton knew this situation was bad...really bad, the possibly of death was real, he wondered if this was how the soldiers of old felt when they were about to storm the beachhead. He looked over his things making sure the Liquid nitrogen was secure along with his knife, he had a plan for the liquid nitrogen if he got close to the B rank he just hoped Hisashi was able to get in his mind and while Anton was confident in the teen's ability he knew little about the mental fortitude of the B rank ahead of him.​

"That might work," Tequila murmured, studying some of the equipment on the inside of the van as the knives pelt the armoured exterior. "If you switch the catch of this one," she began gesturing to the ammo canister of one of the smaller weapons, "with the larger one, you might be able to attach the liquid nitrogen to the gun." She stepped back and glanced out of the van. "You guys better hope this works, those knives are strong enough to strip the paint."

"I think the paint job of this car should be the last of our worries," said Lucas as he ducked into van. "Right now, I'm more worried of my limbs getting stripped off my torso."

His phone gave a buzz as a text message popped up on his screen.

Almost there there. Is that rain clouds?:raining:
Holy sh!t.! They are! What is up with this rain

Lucas rolled his eyes and texted back

Don't text and drive, idiot:duh:

Hisashi yelled out. "buckle up" He hit the gas and drove the van tword Anton. "get in"

High tide saw that they were on the move. "excellent nothing funner than a moving target." he waved his arms as the knives transformed into smaller water beads. He willed them to start flying at the riot van. As the water beads hit the van it sounded like they were under machine gun fire. "geez, are you sure this guy is a B rank?" Hisashi looked around to find an entrance for Lucas and Tequila.

"ok I see one. hold on." Hisashi drove the riot van around avoiding as much of the fire as possible.

"tsk. this is boring." Hightide called back the water from the ground and summoned it into a giant water ball. it flew straight for the riot van, unfortunately Hisashi was so busy driving he didn't see it.

@jeshem @Dakota K5 @Demmy

Anton was in the van now, he saw the ball of water as it headed at them.

He was not near the front enough to grab the wheel.

He wouldn't be able to get to a seat in time either.

He did the only thing he was able to and braced.

"It was the least worrying example to use," Tequila muttered. "Would have preferred me to say that is was strong enough to peel the flesh from our bones?" Shaking her head and sighing, she sat down, holding on for her life. She then closed her eyes, trying not to see what was coming towards them. This is nothing. It's nothing. Nothing will happen. Except the death of everyone around you. Yeah, that will happen. We're doomed...

Hisashi had tunnel vision all he could see was the window. As he drove he swerved around random water hazards then finally something caught his eye. Hisashi turned his whole head. "Son of a B..." The Riot van took a hit, it was as if they were hit by a mortor. The van flew into the air just a few feet short of their destination.

Hightide stood there laughing. "now that was awesome, I can't believe that little jerk didn't even try to dodge it." The rain fell normally as High tide continued to laugh, the perfectly formed water blades lost their shape and reverted to puddles.

In the Van, it was currently upside down. Hisashi's vision was blurred, his hair soaked in blood. He tried to stand but couldn't pull himself up, his left arm had been pinned between the steering wheel and the door. As he winced in pain trying to pry it free he looked around. "are..damnit..are you guys ok? Hisashi looked around trying to see the enemy but where he was he was stuck looking at the side of the door and equipment panel.

@Demmy @Dakota K5 @jeshem

Lucas slowly regained consciousness. He, like Anton, had not been able to secure himself onto anything and was helpless to do anything but brace.

Ears ringing, he groaned as he tried to roll over. His entire body was filled with pain but other than bruises and maybe a fractured rib or two, Lucas thought he was fine.

"Alive? Yes. Okay? Maybe. Going to be okay if we don't move? Probably not."

He tried to get up but had to lean against the side of the van to support himself. Making his way over to Hisashi, he inspected the trapped arm.

"That doesn't look good. Hey, mind giving me a hand over here, Anton?"

Anton sat up when he heard his name, he made his way to Lucas and Hisashi. He saw Hisashi's pinned arm and grunted in aggravation. "We're going to need some power tools to get your arm out of there intact and still attached or Lucas could use his power but another member of the team out of action at the moment most likely won't help us, also I think a few of my fingers are broke but nothing other than that though i'm not sure entirely until I get an X-ray or something like that. We still do have a B rank outside at the moment and I find that to be a more pressing matter." He turned his head and looked towards Tequila's direction. "Tequila you up?" Anton asked waiting for a response from the only female on their team at the moment. "You know I bet if one of us surrendered to the B rank telling him that the other's died in here the other three might be able to get out of here though the fate of the unlucky surrendered is less favorable and their is also whether the B rank believe's that person or not...damn that is a bleak solution for what's going on here but it's looking bleaker by the moment. Anyone got a better solution that the sacrifice play?" Anton asked but with Hisashi pinned and Tequila's status unknown at the moment that left just Lucas and himself and while Lucas had been a good teammate so far his power was not suited for fighting a ranged foe like the B rank outside and neither was his for that matter, situation was FUBAR and he was not about to ask either Lucas, Hisashi or Tequila if she was conscious to go out there and possibly die or worse before he went out himself, he was put in charge of them and the responsibility of the situation was on his head as well as the consequences...
what ever they may be.

Tequila groaned, sitting up from where she was. The van was blurry a moment, voices dim. Shaking her head, she squinted at the others, noting down what she noticed. One trapped, the others seemed okay. Seemed being the operative word. It took her a moment for her to register the fact that Anton was talking to her. "Oh, yeah. I'm up,' she mumbled, shaking her head again. She tilted her head, finding it easier to hear him that way before replying. "Well, it's a start," she sighed. "Wouldn't it be easier if the sacrifice would be more of a distraction. One would distract, the other two would slip away and continue the plan. We can't give up now."

Lucas turned to look at the equipment panel. "Good idea but let's at least try to come up with a plan that doesn't involve one of us walking out without a fight. We need a distraction..." He pulled out several gun looking weapons from the equipment panel and spoke to Hisashi. "Are any of these capable of piercing thick armor? If one of us could fire a couple of shots at the B rank, I think it would be more than likely that he'd focus on the one with the weapon."

His phone, which had fallen out of his pocket when the van was sent flying, vibrated on the floor...ceiling...whatever. The screen was cracked but Lucas could still see what his friend had texted.

OMG! A van just flipped! Please tell me you are okay!

Lucas wiped his screen and typed a quick reply.

Still alive. Don't come down here.

Do you have a drone?

The reply was quick.

Yes

Get what I ordered to the refinery.

Make sure the water bastard doesn't see you though.

Language.

Shut up.

Hisashi groaned as his arm twisted in the weird position. His arm was pinned between the door and the steering wheel. He heard Lucas ask about weapons. "Yeah but I have a better idea. Grab the liquid nitrogen and pour some on the wheel so it'll break. Once I'm free I can try to distract the B rank."

Hisashi stood as tall as he could so he wouldn't twist his arm anymore than necessary. "There is still the question, on how I'll scare him enough to get into his mind."

Anton looked around and found one of the liquid nitrogen canisters that was still intact before grabbing it. He knelled down to get a better angle to pour it on the steering wheel, while Lucas was looking at his phone the liquid nitrogen started to do it's job as he used the back of his knife to break a small section at a time until he got near Hisashi's arm. He poured some on the other side of his arm before breaking that as well freeing the teen. "Well that's one issue solved." He said before looking at Lucas. "Care to share your plan Lucas?" Anton asked finding himself curious as to what he was doing.

Lucas put his phone in his pocket and picked up one of the guns he had taken earlier. It looked like an ordinary sniper rifle but Lucas still looked it over to see if there was anything special about it.

"My friend, the one who helped create these liquid nitrogen guns, also created something like lighter fluid for a barbeque last year," Lucas replied Anton. "While it was...effective, it was a bit too powerful. He ended up half the park." Lucas looked out a window towards the villain and the refinery. He saw a small drone with a metallic bottle stealthily enter the refinery through a skylight. "He's just delivered it into the refinery. Now, if we could sneak in there, we could light a fire even hell would be jealous of."

Tequila leant back against the van wall or floor. Or was it the roof? Either way, she closed her eyes and listened closely. "Well, that's a good start. At least the gun would have create some form of defence. As the refinery is quite old, we could probably set the actual building on fire rather than rely on the machine working."

As the group was making up a plan High tide was able to compose himself. The rain was again under his control. "I guess I should make sure I didn't kill that one or else Mr. Larynx will be upset." High tide summoned the rain and molded the water droplets into chains. He walked up to the back of the van doors. He willed the water into a crow bar and knocked on the door. "Hey, anyone alive in there?" He jammed the crow bar in between the door frame and willed it into liquid again. It worked it's way in between the doors and forced it open. "Oh, crap you're all alive. Tsk I guess I gotta finish the job."

Hisashi agreed with everyone as he heard the B rank outside. "Damnit. We don't have time. I'll distract him you guys go." Hisashi tried to pick up the liquid nitrogen canister and it fell. "Damn it." That's when he realized his arm was broken, he couldn't feel it since his adrenaline was so high. Hisashi grabbed the canister with his other arm an poured it on the side door. "As soon as it's weak enough break through and run."

@jeshem @Dakota K5 @Demmy

Status
Not open for further replies.