• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jean would find that the object is a key. Likely the one for the cafeteria doors.

Unfortunately, a rotten face would appear from under the bed and bite into Jean's ankle.

@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @CookieMonster

---

There was not much particularly interesting behind the desk. Just a nonworking computer and files that pertained to little more than the exercise equipment. However, you do find a very small key, as if it was meant to open a small lock box. Before you can think on what this key goes to, a creature slammed through the glass from the lobby, knocking over infected as it did so.

g7j5EXu.png

Yelling, the creature charged into a treadmill, knocking the machine across the room. The creature seemed to need a moment to orient itself, and that is when you saw the machete embedded in its back. Unfortunately, you likely didn't have the means to deal with this creature in here, but perhaps a manner of killing it could be found in the pool area or the racquetball area.

@Lissamel @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

---

"Of course I'll help!" said the girl, smiling. "I'm something of a big deal when it comes to these matters."

PTUuiQ3.png

"Wait, murders? I mean, yeah, this place is super dangerous and all, but I hope you guys aren't planning to kill one another or something. I seriously can't deal with that." Shrugging, the girl ran a hand through her hair. "Would rather we just all got along until we got out." Looking around, Junko spotted the doors back to the Living Quarters. "Those are locked, just so you know. As far as I can tell, the only way forward is through the kitchen and to, like, a storage area or something."

Meanwhile, Nezumi would find the kitchen to be in a rotten state. Food and blood stained the ground, flies buzzing around the room in swarms. Nothing living seemed to be within, except for the odd sight of a very fat man sitting on the ground.

@Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin @Lizzy @Gummi Bunnies

Jean would find that the object is a key. Likely the one for the cafeteria doors.

Unfortunately, a rotten face would appear from under the bed and bite into Jean's ankle.

@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @CookieMonster

---​
"...Oh dear." She'd recognize that sound anywhere. Tooth enamel tearing through flesh and scraping the bone beneath. Most people would find that absolutely disgusting...she did not. It was a promise that she would indeed prove useful in this endeavor, with all the experience of a doctor who had witnessed a dog with rabies pounce all over a poor sickly grandpa. What a messy day that was. She shook her head slightly, sprinting forward to kick the rotten face with her boot.

"HOLD ON I'M HERE, I'M HERE, I'M HERE!" She fired off with one breath, kneeling after that was done to inspect the ankle, lightly poking and prodding it for half a minute. "...Yuuuuuuuuuuuup. That is certainly an infection of a highly contagious disease, no ifs ands or buts about it." She concluded. "Now do not overreact to this bit of news but you may be capable of starring in a 1984 movie of Kevin Bacon's when I'm done doing what I need to do." She paused. "And by that I mean you'll be Footloose. But you'll be alive, sooooooooo...a toast to having a healthy life!"

tumblr_nsymovPweK1r9qv10o2_500.gif

"SOMEONE GIVE ME SOMETHING EXTRA SHARP AND POINTY! PREFERABLY LARGE AS WELL!"

@Atomyk @Saint Guillotine @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @CookieMonster

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Atomyk and Jeremi
"...Oh dear." She'd recognize that sound anywhere. Tooth enamel tearing through flesh and scraping the bone beneath. Most people would find that absolutely disgusting...she did not. It was a promise that she would indeed prove useful in this endeavor, with all the experience of a doctor who had witnessed a dog with rabies pounce all over a poor sickly grandpa. What a messy day that was. She shook her head slightly, sprinting forward to kick the rotten face with her boot.

"HOLD ON I'M HERE, I'M HERE, I'M HERE!" She fired off with one breath, kneeling after that was done to inspect the ankle, lightly poking and prodding it for half a minute. "...Yuuuuuuuuuuuup. That is certainly an infection of a highly contagious disease, no ifs ands or buts about it." She concluded. "Now do not overreact to this bit of news but you may be capable of starring in a 1984 movie of Kevin Bacon's when I'm done doing what I need to do." She paused. "And by that I mean you'll be Footloose. But you'll be alive, sooooooooo...a toast to having a healthy life!"

@Atomyk @Saint Guillotine @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @CookieMonster

Cap was almost inclined to agree with the doctor, but at the same time they weren't sure if the actual creatures were effective. "Before you do that maybe you could investigate the actual bite to see if it's actually carrying an infection."

Then she remembered Alvin and took to the radio. "Alvin one of the people with us just got bit by one of the zombies...is there anything we can do?"

"If they're like the ones I'm from, we could help him with some Zombrex...though pretty sure we don't have any of that laying around." Rhonda added.

• Useful
Reactions: Atomyk

---

There was not much particularly interesting behind the desk. Just a nonworking computer and files that pertained to little more than the exercise equipment. However, you do find a very small key, as if it was meant to open a small lock box. Before you can think on what this key goes to, a creature slammed through the glass from the lobby, knocking over infected as it did so.

g7j5EXu.png

Yelling, the creature charged into a treadmill, knocking the machine across the room. The creature seemed to need a moment to orient itself, and that is when you saw the machete embedded in its back. Unfortunately, you likely didn't have the means to deal with this creature in here, but perhaps a manner of killing it could be found in the pool area or the racquetball area.

---

"Of course I'll help!" said the girl, smiling. "I'm something of a big deal when it comes to these matters."

PTUuiQ3.png

"Wait, murders? I mean, yeah, this place is super dangerous and all, but I hope you guys aren't planning to kill one another or something. I seriously can't deal with that." Shrugging, the girl ran a hand through her hair. "Would rather we just all got along until we got out." Looking around, Junko spotted the doors back to the Living Quarters. "Those are locked, just so you know. As far as I can tell, the only way forward is through the kitchen and to, like, a storage area or something."

Meanwhile, Nezumi would find the kitchen to be in a rotten state. Food and blood stained the ground, flies buzzing around the room in swarms. Nothing living seemed to be within, except for the odd sight of a very fat man sitting on the ground.

"What the hell..." Nezumi muttered to himself as he took in the sight, swatting away some flies that flew past. He glaced over to the fat guy and wasn't sure to feel uneasy at seeing them or not.

'Should I take the safe route and put a scaple through his head? With how this place looks I might as well. Damn, how long as this infestation been going on?' Nezumi thought as he pulled his scarf over his nose in an attempt to stop the horrible smell from entering his nose any longer.

@Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

Reactions: Atomyk

---

g7j5EXu.png

---

PTUuiQ3.png

Both Alan and Sherlock weren't prepared for the mess to come, especially since Alan was right there. "Get the fuck off of him!" He yelled at the zombie, kicking it repeatedly before a single bullet from his revolver would render it into pieces. Upon doing so though, Alan looked up at Jean in a state of both fear and anxiousness as he raised the revolver slowly yet determined. "Sit. Down." Alan said, a deep bellow coming fromhis voice.

Sherlock came in upon hearing the gunshot, yelling out "What's going on!?" As he sees the current situation, Sherlock let's out a slightly silent "Oooh." As he comes near him, the flash light shines on both his eyes. "how do you currently feel?"

@york

---

g7j5EXu.png

---

PTUuiQ3.png

Jean Kirstein
Jean reached over, to pick up the key, but, feeling a sudden bite in his ankle, he let out a sudden shout, his expression turning from curiousity to absolute horror in a matter of seconds.
tumblr_npcb6gIQk81ux9chzo1_500.jpg

"What the hell!" He shouted, backing up as he attempted to shake himself free from the rotten creature's jaws, and aimed his gun at the perpetrator, trying to discern if he should be concerned about it's bite or not... Though, one thing was certain; whatever had bitten him was most definitely a threat of some kind.

Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
The zombie was dealt with swiftly, but there was no denying that he'd gotten in a good bite on Jean's ankle. It would hurt like any other wound for now, but it wouldn't be long before it felt inflamed, followed by a heavy fever.

There was a long pause on Alvin's end before he responded to Cap's question. Eventually, with a sad voice, he said, "You will need to get them to the labs immediately. There are antidotes stored there. I've heard of Zombrex, but it likely wouldn't help in this case." Another pause, then Alvin quickly added, "Cutting off the foot might stop it, but there's no guarantee."

"You hear that?" Nathan said, having been quiet for a while now. He looked rather deranged with blood that had stained his forehead. "He's infected. He's fucking done for. That's bullshit, we're not going out of our way just because he fucked up. Either-- Either shoot him in the fucking head now or lock him up somehow! Why risk our lives just save one shitty person?"

---

The fat man seemed to sense that Nezumi was getting close to it. It turned its rotund body around, starting to stand as it did so. It was a wonder how the creature even stood, but soon it was towering over Nezumi.

3ZnAFLZ.png

images

"No." Locus put simply in response to Nathan's ranting and raving about what to do with the one who had been bitten. The thought of simply killing him for failing to avoid being beaten didn't sit well with the mercenary for all of his faults, he valued the lives of those he worked with.

"If he can still be of some use to us then we'll take the risk to try and save him. If it turns out to be for naught, then we'll have at least tried."

@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @Atomyk @CookieMonster

The zombie was dealt with swiftly, but there was no denying that he'd gotten in a good bite on Jean's ankle. It would hurt like any other wound for now, but it wouldn't be long before it felt inflamed, followed by a heavy fever.

There was a long pause on Alvin's end before he responded to Cap's question. Eventually, with a sad voice, he said, "You will need to get them to the labs immediately. There are antidotes stored there. I've heard of Zombrex, but it likely wouldn't help in this case." Another pause, then Alvin quickly added, "Cutting off the foot might stop it, but there's no guarantee."

"You hear that?" Nathan said, having been quiet for a while now. He looked rather deranged with blood that had stained his forehead. "He's infected. He's fucking done for. That's bullshit, we're not going out of our way just because he fucked up. Either-- Either shoot him in the fucking head now or lock him up somehow! Why risk our lives just save one shitty person?"

---

The fat man seemed to sense that Nezumi was getting close to it. It turned its rotund body around, starting to stand as it did so. It was a wonder how the creature even stood, but soon it was towering over Nezumi.

3ZnAFLZ.png

Sherlock was beginning to get annoyed by the kid. Just a moment ago the high functioning sociopath was trying to help him, and then the next, Nathan begins to act like a whiny little sod. It was in a turn of the moment as he grabbed his arm, and pushed him against the wall.

tumblr_n4rk0ufiNn1rzik3go1_250.gif

"Shut up. Nobody is going to die and you certainly won't suggest chopping a limb off. Is that understood?" He said, and until he did agree he would not let go of the grip.​

---

3ZnAFLZ.png

Jean Kirstein
@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @Atomyk @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @CookieMonster
108bde4c.jpg

Was... This how it was going to end? Jean could feel something really bad looming in the near future from that bite mark, something absolutely horrid; he might as well be in the belly of a Titan at this point... His thoughts flashed back to that creature that had once been trapped in this very room, it's lust for flesh in it's eyes, was he about to become one of them? Then, he remembered Marco; it was a tragic, but, yet... Disappointing end to a dear friend of his, and there was no way in hell he was about to become one of those things... Not if he coulf help it. With that, he tore a long strip off his shirt, fashioning a makeshift tourniquet, wrappint it tightly above his ankle to keep any more blood from flowing to that wound. Then, he looked up, still holding onto the Cafeteria key "How much time..." he asked, seemingly to no-one in particular... But, after a moment, he gainsed his composure and looked towards Etha "How much time before I turn?!" he shouted, looking at his ankle; he might have to risk cutting off his foot, there was a good chance they might be able to find the antidote in time... For whatever sickness one of those... Creatures had just transmitted to him...​

---

3ZnAFLZ.png

"I should've seen this coming."

Nezumi's eyes widened momentarily before he quickly backpedaled, trying to make some distance between himself and the rolly polly. He quickly threw the scalpel in his hand at the creature's forhead.

Shion didn't like that Nezumi hadn't returned to the rest and could faintly hear movement from inside the kitchen from where he stood if he tried to listen closely. He quickly grew worried but was hesitant to head into the kichten. Pulling a scalpel from his pocket he'd take a moment to wait.

'But what if Nezumi is in big trouble and you weren't there to prevent him from getting hurt?' The thought caused Shion to grimace.

"Guys, you hear movement in the kitchen, don't you?" The red eyed teen asked as he turned to face them. He was anxious and unsure of whether or not he should move and do something. His anxiety was rather obvious.

@Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

"I should've seen this coming."

Nezumi's eyes widened momentarily before he quickly backpedaled, trying to make some distance between himself and the rolly polly. He quickly threw the scalpel in his hand at the creature's forhead.

Shion didn't like that Nezumi hadn't returned to the rest and could faintly hear movement from inside the kitchen from where he stood if he tried to listen closely. He quickly grew worried but was hesitant to head into the kichten. Pulling a scalpel from his pocket he'd take a moment to wait.

'But what if Nezumi is in big trouble and you weren't there to prevent him from getting hurt?' The thought caused Shion to grimace.

"Guys, you hear movement in the kitchen, don't you?" The red eyed teen asked as he turned to face them. He was anxious and unsure of whether or not he should move or not. His anxiety was rather obvious.

The Doctor smiled warmly at Junko. He was beginning to like her already. She was by far the most sensible-and sane person here. Possibly including himself. He had a feeling that Charley would have liked her. If she wasn't....If he hadn't....

That was the worst thing about being a Time Lord-how every event and memory seemed to be so significant. But it worked both ways. Sometimes the biggest space battle could be a mere ripple in the pools of time for him, while one friends returning home would seem like a world-shattering Earthquake to him.

But hearing Shion's call for help was enough to snap him out of his thoughts. He walked in a business-like manor, the heels of his Edwardian boots clicking against the floor, before breaking into a slow jog. 'Come along, Junko, it appears that our friends may have found something....'
The Doctor ran to the kitchen, standing in front of Nezumi and Shion protectively. A Time Lord shield, in case the beast was hostile. He froze as the fat zombie stumbled towards him. He smiled, almost laughed at the creature.
Paul-McGann-Night-of-the-Doctor-1.jpg
'Well, hello there. You appear to be some kind of reanimated corpse, like something out of a Mary Shelley Novel. Or at least, one Mary Shelley novel in particular.'
He babbled rather casusally, as if rattling his every thought off to an old friend at the bar.
'Anyway, I assume that you worked here. Yes? Or that you were human once?'
Despite his friendly tone, The Doctor was paused as if he were ready to run at any moment.
'Now now, don't be scared, we just want to help you. I'm The Doctor, and these are my friends Junko, Yuriko and The Master. We don't mean you any harm. And I don't think that you mean us any harm either, don't you?'

@Atomyk @Lizzy @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin

"Fuck you," Nathan said, teeth gritted. He bucked backward against Sherlock's grip, but found that the man was much stronger than him. "Like I care if he ends up fucking you all over. Let me go-- it's you guys who have the fucking guns!"

Jean's question was eventually relayed to Alvin, who said, "There's no set time. A bit on the neck will turn you in a short amount of time, I believe, while a bite on the ankle would likely take much longer. Maybe a few hours? I'm really not sure... Look, if you guys found that clearance, you can get into the central transport and head to the labs--"

"It doesn't work," Nathan said. "Just gives an error message."

A sigh could be heard on Alvin's end. "I really wish I knew more... okay, then you'll need level 3 clearance then. With that, you can access The Planet. Pass through there, and you'll be on your way to the labs. Have you been through the cafeteria yet?"

---

Junko had followed along silently, but as The Doctor tried to converse with the creature, Junko decided to take a large step back from the scene. "I don't think he cares what you have to say," she said.

The scalpel that Nezumi had thrown had embedded itself into the man's head. It hadn't seemed to have affected him at first, but soon the creature was wobbling on its feet. It moved back and forth rhythmically, moving further with every sway of its body. It wasn't long before the fat man toppled forward, landing face first on the ground before the group.

It was then he exploded, sending a green goop across the kitchen. Everything, including those in the kitchen, was now soaked in the fluid.

LZuoBvi.png

"No."

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
"Fuck you," Nathan said, teeth gritted. He bucked backward against Sherlock's grip, but found that the man was much stronger than him. "Like I care if he ends up fucking you all over. Let me go-- it's you guys who have the fucking guns!"

Jean's question was eventually relayed to Alvin, who said, "There's no set time. A bit on the neck will turn you in a short amount of time, I believe, while a bite on the ankle would likely take much longer. Maybe a few hours? I'm really not sure... Look, if you guys found that clearance, you can get into the central transport and head to the labs--"

A sigh could be heard on Alvin's end. "I really wish I knew more... okay, then you'll need level 3 clearance then. With that, you can access The Planet. Pass through there, and you'll be on your way to the labs. Have you been through the cafeteria yet?"

---

Junko had followed along silently, but as The Doctor tried to converse with the creature, Junko decided to take a large step back from the scene. "I don't think he cares what you have to say," she said.

The scalpel that Nezumi had thrown had embedded itself into the man's head. It hadn't seemed to have affected him at first, but soon the creature was wobbling on its feet. It moved back and forth rhythmically, moving further with every sway of its body. It wasn't long before the fat man toppled forward, landing face first on the ground before the group.

It was then he exploded, sending a green goop across the kitchen. Everything, including those in the kitchen, was now soaked in the fluid.

LZuoBvi.png

"No."

Neither teen expected that outcome and both were silent for a moment.

"....Nezumi, are you alright?" Shion asked his companion who just gave a wordless nod.

"Good." Shion was heavily disgusted as he began to try and get the gunk off of himself.

"You guys okay?" He then asked the others as he continued to at least get some of the goop off. He wanted to shower badly now. Very badly, and Nezumi wanted to as well.

The Doctor took a Handkerchief from his pocket. It was burnt and frayed at the edges. He used it wipe some of the green goop from his face and coat, and then put it around his hand, operating it like it were a green, burnt hand puppet. He poked at the
man's corpse. His eyes gave a look which was somewhere between incalculable rage, and shattering disappointment.
'You killed him. He didn't pose any threat to you and you killed him. Well that's just typical isn't it.'
He sounded completely defeated. The Doctor continued to prod at the Fat Zombie's corpse, trying to find
any reason for his sudden combustion.
@Lizzy @Atomyk

---

LZuoBvi.png

"No."

Jean Kirstein
@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @Atomyk @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher @CookieMonster
220473.jpg

Jean nodded a little, grunting as he tested out his injured foot, holding up the key he had found "That Cafeteria was locked... But, I'm pretty sure we've got the key right here." he said rather confidently, between gritted teeth, it looked like he was ready to move on a moments notice. However, he definitely wasn't going to wait very long; he wasn't sure how many bullets he had left, nor how much time was passing, but, he definitely knew they ahd no time to waste; they had to find that cure...​

---

LZuoBvi.png

"No."

Yuriko just smiled slightly. She was used to people exploding on her. She scraped some goop off of her shirt, and primped her skirt. "Junky, you asked about the Omega Project? It was a project to take psychics, and make them soldiers. I'm a soldier." She giggled. "As well as a test subject. Now, can I help you look as good as you did before? I'm good at cleaning blood off of clothes like yours."

The Doctor took a Handkerchief from his pocket. It was burnt and frayed at the edges. He used it wipe some of the green goop from his face and coat, and then put it around his hand, operating it like it were a green, burnt hand puppet. He poked at the
man's corpse. His eyes gave a look which was somewhere between incalculable rage, and shattering disappointment.
'You killed him. He didn't pose any threat to you and you killed him. Well that's just typical isn't it.'
He sounded completely defeated. The Doctor continued to prod at the Fat Zombie's corpse, trying to find
any reason for his sudden combustion.
@Lizzy @Atomyk

Nexumi used a clean part of his scarf to wipe the goop off his fave then another end of his scarf to wipe some off of Shion's. He gave The Doctor a raised eyebrow.

"For all we now that thing would have tried yo infect us. The least you could have done was said thanks." He sighed and shook his head.

"...None of you have anything sharp pointy and big I take it? This is a matter of life and death you know! Like if we don't amputate the foot soon, it might just end up being the whole leg later! Not that I'd be against constructing a robotic limb, almost everyone usually turns me down on those, not sure why. But yes, back to sharp things! If we journey to find these antidotes and find they are already gone, then the journey will have been wasted. However, if I cut off the source, it will be a sure thing compared to the maybe finding antidotes...right?"

Nexumi used a clean part of his scarf to wipe the goop off his fave then another end of his scarf to wipe some off of Shion's. He gave The Doctor a raised eyebrow.

"For all we now that thing would have tried yo infect us. The least you could have done was said thanks." He sighed and shook his head.

'That 'thing' could've once been human. At least show him some respect.' The Doctor stood up and walked over to Nezumi and Shion. 'We could've reasoned with it. Or maybe cured him some how. And if we try to do that, we'll need one alive. Meaning that we'll have to find another one.'

@Lizzy @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

Status
Not open for further replies.