• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the combined efforts of Ash, Johnny, and Jean, the creature was knocked off Nathan's head. The creature continued to laugh madly as it hopped away down the hall and out of sight, leaving a trail of blood as it did so. Nathan had collapsed to the floor, backing himself up against the wall to bury his head in his hands. He mumbled incoherently, refusing to to look anyone in the eye.

Following the creature down the hall, you'd find the trail leads to double doors with a sign that read Cafeteria. These were locked, but not electronically. A plain old fashioned key would have to be found for them in, presumably, the dorm rooms. Aside from the room where Jean found the gun, there was also the room where a zombie was banging from the inside of the door. The others looked far too trashed to investigate.

@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear

---

Rhonda would find that her only choices were the exercise rooms and the dorm rooms, though the dorm rooms looked like they had less infected.

Meanwhile, Cap, Alan, Sherlock, and Locus had made their stand at the hallway, ending the lives of too many infected to count. Acidic spittle and blood began to coat the hallway, tiny droplets of both getting on your clothes. Though the amounts were small, they still burned intensely on your skin.

Eventually, the numbers had thinned out, leaving the hallway almost free once again. That was, until, something else came upon your group.

BqcV6xN.png

With a loud shriek, the creature bounced off the hallway walls to slam into Alan and pin him. The creature screamed as it dug a claw into Alan's shoulder.

@Jeremi @ResistingTheEnlightened @TheSpringwoodSlasher

---

Catherine and Travis would find themselves walking into the exercise rooms. Another boy, Carl, was already here. At the front was a help desk, and beyond that were rows of basic equipment-- treadmills and various weight training devices. There were sections beyond here for a yoga center, a racquetball room, and what appeared to be a large swimming pool.

@Lissamel @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

---

In the vent room, a strange noise was heard from the above vent. Something that looked vaguely humanoid had appeared for just a few seconds before disappearing back into the vent.

@Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin @Lizzy
"Hi!" She stepped back around the corner with a spring in her step now that the immediate danger had passed. "I'm Emily Grey, pleased as punch to meet you! Also, no that's wrong. Science isn't black any more than it's white or yellow or brown or red or green or blue or purple or pink or magenta or orange or turquoise or crimson. It's science! And I think I can discover the secret. I've got tons of data! It's exciting! If scary. But that's just risk and reward, so it all works out."

@Saint Guillotine @Atomyk @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear
Locus had leaned on the wall for support as he glanced down at the armor covering his legs. That spitting creature had managed to leave a puddle of it at Locus's feet and while he'd been able to escape from it before it dissolved through his armor and hit his flesh, he couldn't believe how foolish he'd been. How could he have tried taking on something with the ability to potentially melt through his armor? He'd follow along after Cap and Alan and aided as much as he could despite the stinging pain coming from his legs.

His senses were on full alert however once the hunter made it's presence known to the group by assaulting Alan. He didn't think that he'd be able to make it over in time to help get the creature off him but thankfully it seemed Cap had that covered. So in turn he'd make his way over to Alan and sought to help him back to his feet if he'd been knocked down by the Hunter's attack.

"They just keep coming, persistent creatures.."

He'd mutter as he sought to keep his eyes on the Hunter and pin it down if it were able to escape from Cap for whatever reason. The claws on this creature seemed just as dangerous as the ones on the infected from earlier that had attacked Grey. Which meant he had to be extra careful in dealing with them, more so since he had to remove his thicker layer of armor due to the spitter's acid.

@Jeremi @ResistingTheEnlightened @Atomyk
Both men focused on the attacks of the undead, the revolver a bit slower than the pistol. Hoping Sherlock would cover him, he began to reload the revolver, putting the new bullets inside him, each one going quicker than the other until he was attacked by the Hunter. He immediately stopped the revolver, three of the 6 rounds already placed inside were dropped from his hand as Alan began running in circles trying to rip it off. "Fuck! Get it the hell off of me, goddamn it!" throwing curses, Sherlock saw the ordeal before he gasped. "Alan, don't move!" Sherlock raised the pistol, shooting itwith a careful precision, until the others had ripped it off him, Sherlock running at Alan. "Alan Wake, you magnificent writer, stand up!" Sherlock yelled, handing Alan his revolver, and the three remaining rounds.

Alan looked at the three, nodding with a large amount of fear and unbelief as he stood up again, placing the last ammunition in the revolver before continuing the fire with a bit of fear. "Do we stay or do we run!?"

@Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Jeremi

Jean Kirstein
@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @Atomyk @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear

Jean looked at Nathan for a few moments, contemplating whether or not to try and assist him, though, soon enough, that strange gal from earlier appeared to be on the case already; and she was doing a better job than he probably could muster himsef... So, he carefully raised his weapon, deciding to investigate the room with the zombie inside, in hopes of finding a key or something to open those cafeteria doors himself; he could actually do with a bit of a meal really.​
Daniel decided to follow behind Jean, trying to steel his nerves as he did so. He saw Nathan was okay and didn't want to be left behind, so he followed "Hey... I'm right behind you.... i-I'll back you up...." he said softly.

@Atomyk @york @CookieMonster

With the combined efforts of Ash, Johnny, and Jean, the creature was knocked off Nathan's head. The creature continued to laugh madly as it hopped away down the hall and out of sight, leaving a trail of blood as it did so. Nathan had collapsed to the floor, backing himself up against the wall to bury his head in his hands. He mumbled incoherently, refusing to to look anyone in the eye.

Following the creature down the hall, you'd find the trail leads to double doors with a sign that read Cafeteria. These were locked, but not electronically. A plain old fashioned key would have to be found for them in, presumably, the dorm rooms. Aside from the room where Jean found the gun, there was also the room where a zombie was banging from the inside of the door. The others looked far too trashed to investigate.

@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear

---

Rhonda would find that her only choices were the exercise rooms and the dorm rooms, though the dorm rooms looked like they had less infected.

Meanwhile, Cap, Alan, Sherlock, and Locus had made their stand at the hallway, ending the lives of too many infected to count. Acidic spittle and blood began to coat the hallway, tiny droplets of both getting on your clothes. Though the amounts were small, they still burned intensely on your skin.

Eventually, the numbers had thinned out, leaving the hallway almost free once again. That was, until, something else came upon your group.

BqcV6xN.png

With a loud shriek, the creature bounced off the hallway walls to slam into Alan and pin him. The creature screamed as it dug a claw into Alan's shoulder.

@Jeremi @ResistingTheEnlightened @TheSpringwoodSlasher

---

Catherine and Travis would find themselves walking into the exercise rooms. Another boy, Carl, was already here. At the front was a help desk, and beyond that were rows of basic equipment-- treadmills and various weight training devices. There were sections beyond here for a yoga center, a racquetball room, and what appeared to be a large swimming pool.

@Lissamel @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

---

In the vent room, a strange noise was heard from the above vent. Something that looked vaguely humanoid had appeared for just a few seconds before disappearing back into the vent.

Ah, but alas. Like a guest foolishly holding a cigarette in front of the hotel chef, Catherine's lovelorn daze did not last long.

"Was that--" She didn't have the time to finish her thought. Monsters. Oooh, her favorite. Ash was busy slaying one of them, and on impulse she reached out and grabbed onto Travis' arm. Best to let Ash take care of the fighting (as if he got infected by them, honestly, would Catherine mind that much in the long run?) for the time being. "Goodness, I don't think it's safe to stay here much longer..." And then, keeping her voice deliberately low, simply muttering to herself, "Though taking a blood sample from one of them might be a little bit...Thrilling." A more readily audible trill slipped from Catherine's throat at the idea. ... Though if they were anything like the dead bodies back at Gregory House, they wouldn't have any blood to drain, and her satisfaction would be limited at best.

Her grip on Travis relaxed as she straightened her posture, eyes going up and down the hallway. She could spot the openings to ventilation shafts--Hell, she could hear some noises coming from them--But there was no way she was crawling through there. But there was a variety of paths to choose from. Which way would have the least interference?

"...Of course you could save me from Candarian Demons!~ You could save me from anything, darling."

She said it just to buy her some time to analyze. And with her grip was still on Travis, she half-dragged, half-carried the boy down the hallway to the left in a rush.

"...Though hopefully," And this time her mutter was half-directed to Travis, "He'll both follow us and never make another apology speech again. Men..."

[ @Atomyk @Arcadium @The Man Without Fear ]

"Come on eveybody, after that decomposing primate! Ain't nobody allowed to attack a pal of he Hero Who Fell From The Sky and get away with it! Anyone who can, follow me!" Ash began to chase after the undead head-latcher, following it down only one corridor before running into a door with a mighty crash. Rubbing his head he clambered to his feet, reading the door's label as he rose. Cafeteria. Once he had regained his balance, he took a run up and tried to barge down the wooded barrier, only to fail once more. Locked. Damn. Without a key, there was no hope of Getting inside; maybe the key was in one of the other rooms? The cooks dorm, perhaps?
It was at that point that an idea struck Ash; how did the zombie get past the door? He didn't see it carrying a key of sorts? The door hadn't been struck down either...that left only two possibilities; either someone on the other side let him in, or he had found another way around the door. If there was another route, the S-Mart Employee would find it.

He began searching the area around the door for any alternate passages or dropped keys, before leaving for the dormitories

Jonny turned to Nathan. The banker had seen a few zombie movies in his time, courtesy of Mark, and had hated every last one of them. They were all so scary, gory and... Oh wait, he was now living in one. In one particularly terrifying movie, a boy had been bitten and swiftly been transformed into a monster; Jonny had his suspicions
"Awwar you hwawt? Deed it bieet you?"
Translated from Jonny-Are you hurt? Did it bite you?

Nathan was pulled to his feet for what felt like the hundredth time. He pulled his arm away from Emily as if scalded, backing up so that his back was against the wall. He held up a hand to block the scratches on his face, unwilling to let Jenny or Johnny get a good look at them. "I'm not bitten. I'm fine," he snapped, though he sounded far from it. A line of blood dripped between the boy's fingers, causing him to move his hand away to examine it. Red scratch marks lined his forehead, one bleeding particularly badly. It appeared that none of them was a bite.

Looking up from his hand, his eyes met Jenny's. "Fuck... Fuck, man..."

Ash would find that there was indeed a vent beside the cafeteria door, but it appeared only big enough for that creature to have passed through.A child could possibly fit as well.

Rhonda would arrive then to find Jean and Daniel entering the room with the zombie. The creature slammed past the door at the first sign of the door opening and tried to dig its teeth into Jean's neck.

@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @Jeremi

---

The creature was pulled off Alan and thrown into the wall. It bounced off, only to be then be caught by Cap and Locus, a boot soon being slammed down on its head. The force killed it instantly, though infected still lingered in the hallway. As Alan stated, running or fighting were still the two options. The way past was almost clear, but it was still possible to run to the vents, the exercise room, or the dorms.

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher

---

From the vent above, a female voice would echo out. "Hey, uh, I wouldn't head into that left vent if I were you guys." Some shuffling could be heard from above, before a shadowed figure appeared in the above vent. It was hard to make out the girl's figure in the dim light. "I think this is the way to go," the voice said.

Nathan was pulled to his feet for what felt like the hundredth time. He pulled his arm away from Emily as if scalded, backing up so that his back was against the wall. He held up a hand to block the scratches on his face, unwilling to let Jenny or Johnny get a good look at them. "I'm not bitten. I'm fine," he snapped, though he sounded far from it. A line of blood dripped between the boy's fingers, causing him to move his hand away to examine it. Red scratch marks lined his forehead, one bleeding particularly badly. It appeared that none of them was a bite.

Ash would find that there was indeed a vent beside the cafeteria door, but it appeared only big enough for that creature to have passed through.A child could possibly fit as well.

Rhonda would arrive then to find Jean and Daniel entering the room with the zombie. The creature slammed past the door at the first sign of the door opening and tried to dig its teeth into Jean's neck.

---

The creature was pulled off Alan and thrown into the wall. It bounced off, only to be then be caught by Cap and Locus, a boot soon being slammed down on its head. The force killed it instantly, though infected still lingered in the hallway. As Alan stated, running or fighting were still the two options. The way past was almost clear, but it was still possible to run to the vents, the exercise room, or the dorms.

---

From the vent above, a female voice would echo out. "Hey, uh, I wouldn't head into that left vent if I were you guys." Some shuffling could be heard from above, before a shadowed figure appeared in the above vent. It was hard to make out the girl's figure in the dim light. "I think this is the way to go," the voice said.

"Who are you?" Nezumi asked, looking up into the above vent.

"Why do you think the left vent is the wrong way and that's the right way?" Shion asked then, not looking up from the ground, fists clenched at his sides as his hair hid his eyes rather well.

@Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

Last edited:

---

---

Jean Kirstein
@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @Atomyk @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @Jeremi

Jean, not having had enough time to try and hit the zombie with the blunt end of his gun, and instead, tried to shoot it once in it's head as he barely moved out of the way, the startled look on his face most definitely conveyed that he had cut this wholte thing rather close to say the least.​

Last edited:

---

---

Yuriko immediately climbed out of the left vent. "Alright." Yuriko shouted. She was still a bit wary, but would trust this woman. "Can we trust you?"

---

---

Daniel followed Jean quietly, looking around every which way, trying to keep a good lookout. "Everything looks clear so-" he stopped when he turned just in time to see this... creature, jump upon Jean. "Holy shit!" Hey yelled as he rushed to Jean's sode, trying to push the monster away.

@Atomyk @york @Saint Guillotine @C.T. @Jeremi @The Man Without Fear

"I am... your guardian angel!" declared the voice, but after a moment, she broke into a fit of giggling. "Okay, no, not really. You can trust me because I totally saw a monster head into that vent, duh. I think if you guys jump hard enough, you can grab on to the ledge here, and I'll help pull you guys, up, okay? I'm not really strong, but I can at least manage that."

---

Daniel managed to get the zombie back just in time, giving Jean a moment to pop a bullet into the monster's head. The room was free to be searched now.

---

---

No running they've already got this far, might as well finish it. They needed to get answers and Alvin seemed like their best choice right now. "We're almost done people! Let's wrap this up so that we can try and get to the bottom of this!" Cap exclaimed as she gave the closest zombie a good whack by her shield.

"I am... your guardian angel!" declared the voice, but after a moment, she broke into a fit of giggling. "Okay, no, not really. You can trust me because I totally saw a monster head into that vent, duh. I think if you guys jump hard enough, you can grab on to the ledge here, and I'll help pull you guys, up, okay? I'm not really strong, but I can at least manage that."

---

Daniel managed to get the zombie back just in time, giving Jean a moment to pop a bullet into the monster's head. The room was free to be searched now.

Rhonda was about to help out but the boys seemed like they knew what they were doing. "Good job boys!" Oh they probably didn't know her name. "I'm Rhonda, I'd like to say it's a pleasure to meet you but considering what's going on..." She trailed off and looked around the room. "Wonder if we can find something good in here?" Inspecting the room she was hoping they'd find something useful at least.

"Hmm... We've go a vent... But it's too small for a man or woman to squeeze through...Looks like we are going to send something smaller" Ash was muttering to himself again. Just his luck; the one moment in which he can play the hero and get the attention of every girl in the compound and some monster skrewhead does what it does best and screws everything up. Groovy, just freaking groovy. "Hey, guys, check it out! I think the screw-head that attacked Nathan went down this shaft, but I'm too..." He paused trying to find the best way to describe his size "I'm too well built and muscular to fit" Yes. This way he would get both Catherine and the other bachelorettes' attention. Oh, wait, the shaft "We're going to need someone or something small to go follow the path and find out where it lets out. It probably just leads to the other side of the door, into the cafeteria, but I'm not too sure. We'll need someone around about the size of a child or animal or something."
@Atomyk
@Lissamel
@Anyobodyelsewhowanttochasetheskrewhead

Almost immediately when the person from the vents said 'jump' the Master jumped straight up at the vents, gripping onto it he shouted "Woo! This is exciting! Down the vent! Hear a Monster! Up the vent! What next? Cannibalize the Vents?".

@The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @Mighty Roman @Lizzy

Reactions: Takumi
After a gruelling mess of an encounter, the infected were dead, leaving your group in silence. There seemed to be no need to head in any direction now but the dorms, as that was the original destination to begin with...

Alan, Sherlock, Locus, and Captain America would stop into the hallway as the others deliberated how to get into the Cafeteria. It was locked with a non-electronic lock, and the room key was likely in one of the rooms. There was also a vent beside the door that only a child could fit in.

In the room, Rhonda, Jean, and Daniel would find it in total disarray. Possible hiding places included under the bed and in the pillow case.

The radio in Cap's possession would turn on then. "Hey, uh, what's your guys' status?" Alvin asked, his voice echoing throughout the hall. "You all right?"

@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher

---

The girl would help everyone up into the spacious vent, allowing each of them to move past her while she grabbed the next person in line. It was still too dark to get a good look at her, but her hair was noticeably getting in everyone's face as they passed. Once everyone was up, the girl said, "Okay, so... this should lead to cafeteria and stuff. That's where all the other people are, I think."

After a short trip through the vents, everyone would soon drop into the cafeteria. It was a spacious room lined with tables and chairs. Blood splatter led a trail through the cafeteria and into the kitchen. Some food still sat on the tables, half-eaten and covered in hovering flies. The cafeteria was about as dim as rest of the facility under the red emergency lights, but it was light enough now to see the girl's features.

ctbboOA.png

"Man, this place is gross."

@Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin @Lizzy @Gummi Bunnies

After a gruelling mess of an encounter, the infected were dead, leaving your group in silence. There seemed to be no need to head in any direction now but the dorms, as that was the original destination to begin with...

Alan, Sherlock, Locus, and Captain America would stop into the hallway as the others deliberated how to get into the Cafeteria. It was locked with a non-electronic lock, and the room key was likely in one of the rooms. There was also a vent beside the door that only a child could fit in.

In the room, Rhonda, Jean, and Daniel would find it in total disarray. Possible hiding places included under the bed and in the pillow case.

The radio in Cap's possession would turn on then. "Hey, uh, what's your guys' status?" Alvin asked, his voice echoing throughout the hall. "You all right?"

@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @york @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher

---

The girl would help everyone up into the spacious vent, allowing each of them to move past her while she grabbed the next person in line. It was still too dark to get a good look at her, but her hair was noticeably getting in everyone's face as they passed. Once everyone was up, the girl said, "Okay, so... this should lead to cafeteria and stuff. That's where all the other people are, I think."

After a short trip through the vents, everyone would soon drop into the cafeteria. It was a spacious room lined with tables and chairs. Blood splatter led a trail through the cafeteria and into the kitchen. Some food still sat on the tables, half-eaten and covered in hovering flies. The cafeteria was about as dim as rest of the facility under the red emergency lights, but it was light enough now to see the girl's features.

ctbboOA.png

tumblr_inline_n9vhkww2HN1sh4uti.jpg

"That may be the case, but hey... at least everything I look at isn't so gross," Will happened to wink at the girl before collapsing onto the table. Man, remind Will not to get drunk... however he may do this.

@Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin @Lizzy @Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: Takumi

---

---

ctbboOA.png

Jean Kirstein
@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @#Atomyk @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear @ResistingTheEnlightened @Jeremi @TheSpringwoodSlasher
Jean blinked, taking note of the possible hiding places before the radio sounding off startled him a bit, but, eventually, he regained his composure, and looked towards Nathan trying to see how he was doing. With any luck, he had been telling the truth about not being bitten, though, at the same time, he wasn't too sure what being bitten by one of those creatures would mean; titans merely killed most who they've bitten, so... What would these twisted things do?​

---

---

Jenny let out a small gasp as she saw his face. It was crazy to think he was fine, especially with the way he looked at that moment. "You're not fine." She told him, ripping one of the sleeves off of her long-sleeved t-shirt, balling it up and applying pressure to his worst wound. "Come on, we need to get him somewhere safe." She said, looking around to find a safe room that they could stay in for a little while. "I don't really want to be here when that thing comes back."
@Atomyk @york @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @Ryu Keiko @The Man Without Fear

Status
Not open for further replies.