• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Doctor frowned, looking at the man who had fallen out of the vent. He looked at the Corpse, then at the vent.
eighth-doctor7.jpg

'Hmmmm....this is all very intriguing. I doubt for some reason that this man simply fell from the vent. One can only deduce that he was pushed. Normally I'd suggest investigating the body, but I have a feeling that what's more important, is whatever he used the Tunnel to escape from. So-'
The Doctor then climbed into the Vent, in an attempt to retrace the man's passage.
He looked back at The Master and Yuriko. 'You coming?'
He then started to shuffle forwards. 'Ventilation Shafts. Always Ventilation Shafts, this takes me back....'

@Atomyk @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @The Silver Paladin

((Finally! A place where I'm not lost!))

Yuriko primped her skirt. "Fine, I'll go." She said. She straightened her blouse, and followed the Doctor into the vent.

@Atomyk @Gen. Gwazi Senpai

The vents were tight in compact, but large enough for an adult male to pass through. It would probably not be most people's first choice for an escape route, but if the situation were dire enough...

Gruesomely, blood stains were apparent inside the vent, and a sick rotting smell was more pronounced here than in the previous room. Strangely, the vent seems to drop off at some point. It's hard to tell how far down it goes or how the man managed to climb it. Either way, there seems to be no way to proceed further in the vent without dropping down.

@The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai

Nathan stalked back over to the desk to get a look at what Jean was doing. Without a word, he shoved by and started looking at the files. "Yeah, hello," Nathan said in response to Daniel, sounding pissed off. "Welcome to fucked upville." Nathan soon determined that the computers could process shuttle tickets, though the details of this didn't much matter to him. With enough digging, Nathan realized that the computers could also be used to update the security clearance on the bar code devices. However, exact details of whomever's device it was required.

Turning around, Nathan leaned back against the desk. "Hey, you two. Be useful and head into the next room." Nathan produced the bar code device he'd stolen and handed it to Jean. "There's a dead guy in the next room. Grab his wallet."

@york @Ryu Keiko

---

The crimson head zombie was surprisingly resilient, its head surviving the slam against the wall. Locus with his armor was enough to pin it to the ground, but the creature struggled and flailed with ferocity. It scratched and bashed at Locus's body in its rage.

@C.T. @TheSpringwoodSlasher

---

The dead body didn't seem entirely abnormal, aside from the acidic substance leaking from its mouth. However, upon examination of the mouth, it would be apparent that something was lodged into the back of the man's throat that seemed to be secreting the substance.

While the examination of the body was going on, Alvin would communicate where exactly the Living Quarters was from their position. As it turned out, it was just a short walk down a hall or two, where the group would come upon double doors blocked with a heavy amount of fallen debris from the ceiling above. Once this was communicated to Alvin, you could hear his sigh over the radio. "That's... bad. Very bad. That's the only way in from this side. Is there any way that you guys can clear the door?"

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Lizzy @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @The Man Without Fear @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @Gibbons @OrlandoBloomers @Jerelin @CookieMonster @Saint Guillotine

---

Heading back into the Medical Center, the man who had been stuck in the vent had fallen out now, somehow. Aside from that, there didn't look like much to gleam from this room. As Emily had gathered the corpses earlier, this room was thankfully clear of them.

Jean Kirstein
@Atomyk @Ryu Keiko
500px-Jean_watches_in_horror.png

"Just... Like that?" Jean looked a little struck by surprise, but, eventually, he calmed down, shrugging a little "Well... I guess it wouldn't hurt..." he muttered, regaining his composure a little before he headed off to the room next door, wondering what in the world he'd see next.​

The vents were tight in compact, but large enough for an adult male to pass through. It would probably not be most people's first choice for an escape route, but if the situation were dire enough...

Gruesomely, blood stains were apparent inside the vent, and a sick rotting smell was more pronounced here than in the previous room. Strangely, the vent seems to drop off at some point. It's hard to tell how far down it goes or how the man managed to climb it. Either way, there seems to be no way to proceed further in the vent without dropping down.

The Doctor looked down the drop. 'Well, in that case, there's only one course of action. We need to drop something down the vent to test how deep it is. And more importantly, if we can survive going down there. This fellow must've got up here somehow, perhaps by some form of genetic mutation, if not by natural ability. Either that. or we can risk it, and jump down.

Does anyone have something that we can throw?'
@The Silver Paladin @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Atomyk

Reactions: Takumi
Nathan stalked back over to the desk to get a look at what Jean was doing. Without a word, he shoved by and started looking at the files. "Yeah, hello," Nathan said in response to Daniel, sounding pissed off. "Welcome to fucked upville." Nathan soon determined that the computers could process shuttle tickets, though the details of this didn't much matter to him. With enough digging, Nathan realized that the computers could also be used to update the security clearance on the bar code devices. However, exact details of whomever's device it was required.

Turning around, Nathan leaned back against the desk. "Hey, you two. Be useful and head into the next room." Nathan produced the bar code device he'd stolen and handed it to Jean. "There's a dead guy in the next room. Grab his wallet."

@york @Ryu Keiko

---

The crimson head zombie was surprisingly resilient, its head surviving the slam against the wall. Locus with his armor was enough to pin it to the ground, but the creature struggled and flailed with ferocity. It scratched and bashed at Locus's body in its rage.

---

The dead body didn't seem entirely abnormal, aside from the acidic substance leaking from its mouth. However, upon examination of the mouth, it would be apparent that something was lodged into the back of the man's throat that seemed to be secreting the substance.

While the examination of the body was going on, Alvin would communicate where exactly the Living Quarters was from their position. As it turned out, it was just a short walk down a hall or two, where the group would come upon double doors blocked with a heavy amount of fallen debris from the ceiling above. Once this was communicated to Alvin, you could hear his sigh over the radio. "That's... bad. Very bad. That's the only way in from that side. Is there any way that you guys can clear the door?"

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Lizzy @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @The Man Without Fear @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @Gibbons @OrlandoBloomers @Jerelin @CookieMonster @Saint Guillotine

---

Heading back into the Medical Center, the man who had been stuck in the vent had fallen out now, somehow. Aside from that, there didn't look like much to gleam from this room. As Emily had gathered the corpses earlier, this room was thankfully clear of them.

Nezumi began to take a quick search around the room for anything to get the cause of the acidic substance out of the corpses mouth. Meanwhile, Shion made his way next to Huang to get a better look at what she was looking at and frowned. Both at Alvin's words and the apparent acid. He wondered how the man got it in his possession? He would have suggested the vent that one dead body was stuck in but unlike the Correctional facility he didn't strangely know where every camera and exit was and such.

@Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Atomyk @ResistingTheEnlightened @C.T. @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Jeremi @The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman @others

The Master looked down the drop and thought for a moment before exclaiming "I'll be back!" before going back out of the vents again.
Landing in the earlier room he pulled on one of the corposes arms, ripping it off. He then with the arm climbed back up the Vent and said "I got it!" before dropping it down the drop.
As the arm fell he poked his head out over the hole and hollered "Hellooooooo!" seeing how it would echo.

@The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman @Atomyk

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person

@york @Ryu Keiko

---

---

While the examination of the body was going on, Alvin would communicate where exactly the Living Quarters was from their position. As it turned out, it was just a short walk down a hall or two, where the group would come upon double doors blocked with a heavy amount of fallen debris from the ceiling above. Once this was communicated to Alvin, you could hear his sigh over the radio. "That's... bad. Very bad. That's the only way in from that side. Is there any way that you guys can clear the door?"

---

Cap would give the debris a look over. "Probably if we all put our backs into it and used manual labor, but if we can't is there any other way to get through?" Cap asked loud enough for Alvin to hear.

Rhonda meanwhile would offer her own suggestion. "This might be a bit too much but couldn't we find something to blow it apart?" A bit to extreme even for her but if there wasn't any other way... "We were in the medical center, maybe we could find some Oxygen tanks laying around?"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock noticed the material which was currently in its mouth, noting how it was currently excreting the green goo, as Sherlock looked at Alan. "Pass me the tweezers over there.." Upon receiving, they would go and carefully extract the device, examining it further. Possibly after this would he go and help with the excavation.

Alan Wake

Alan looked at the material in hand, using the flashlight to help view it more clearly, especially upon the extraction. As Sherlock asked for the tweezers, he quickly went to grab them off the medical examination table before handing it to Sherlock. "What is that?..." He asks Sherlock inquisitively. "Either way, we should go and continue the excavation.. We need to get out of here." Alan said to Sherlock, Sherlock simply nodding. "Yes, yes, of course.." Sherlock said, still in his enbezelled state.

@Atomyk

tumblr_nus3jgo3UP1szjtr4o1_250.jpg

"Damn it.." Locus grunted out as the Crimson Head's claws left deep crevices on the torso of his armor. It was only due to his strength and mobility that he managed to avoid the creature's claws getting close enough to slash at the section of his neck that wasn't covered by armor like the rest of him. But none of that mattered to him. He had come just in time, Grey was still unharmed. But at that same time the Crimson head was no longer the opponent that Locus was wrestling with.

"Are you aiming at me? Are you aiming at me?! We're partners, Locus! Nowhere in the stipulation of being partners does it say that you can abandon your duties just for a piece of ass! Or damaged goods in this case!" 'Felix' yelled as he continued to thrash within Locus's grasp and pounded at his armor.

But there was far more to this than just saving Grey. Locus had thought about what she had said to him earlier. He had originally written it off as just the same kind of nonsense that Washington spat to try and knock Locus off his game. But something felt off within him after finding out that Grey had split off from the main group.

"It's more than that! I'm doing this because I have to!"

"What happened to being a soldier, Locus? You had your orders laid out nice and easy for you! Kill everyone on Chorus and get the reward! Now you're just gonna throw it all away for one girl who says she doesn't hate you. But can you imagine what went on through her head when you murdered her friends? You think she'll ever want to hold close the killer of those she held dear? You're more insane than I fucking thought!"

That angered Locus far more than it should have. Gripping Felix's right hand as it came in for another strike, Locus sought to try and snap it back to fracture the wrist. Causing Felix to cry out in pain if it worked.

"Everything I've ever done is in the name of being a soldier Every kill, every life I've snuffed out. It was all in the name of duty. I did what I had to do! Because I was loyal and followed every order down to the letter! But this is different. Grey's shown me something that I didn't want to see, that I didn't want to accept.."

"You-You son of a bitch! You broke my wrist! We were partners!"

"I'm a soldier not a monster!" Locus cried out as he started to repeatedly pound away at Felix's helmet until the image faded away and it was the Crimson Head that Locus was punching. Felix showing up had just been another way of him getting past another mental obstacle he supposed.

@C.T. @Atomyk

Last edited:
She was still standing petrified, frozen and locked in a state of indecision. Especially unusual for her and her line of work but she had been so sure all of those corpses were dead. And not the "dead" state of zombie-ism. Dead. Flat and out, stone cold dead. So to hop back up like that, burning like he had just dug himself out from the very bowels of hell itself to get to her...it touched a very primal, instinctual part of her mind. She didn't even register much of what was transpiring around her.

Not until she heard her name and her Doctor instinct, drilled into her over years over work, kicked back in and she found herself back here. Only able to watch as Locus went about savagely attacking the thing. Eeesh. She actually recoiled at the beating. It was with great reluctance that she tiptoed over and tried to get his attention by tapping gently on the back of his armor.​

As Jean (and presumably, Daniel) would enter the next room, a sudden rotten smell would assault their nostrils. Multiple corpses that shared multiple wounds littered the ground, though one body was wearing a different outfit from the others. Perhaps that was the one Nathan had meant?

@york @Ryu Keiko

---

Using the tweezers, Sherlock would pull the creature out of the man's mouth.

Ynj6sXi.jpg

It didn't move, appearing dead, though the tip of it seemed to be excreting the acidic green substance.

@ResistingTheEnlightened

---

Over the radio, Alvin responded with, "That's the only way I know of. If there is another, I don't know about it. I'm sorry."

Traveling to the respiratory services room, the group would find Locus and Emily next to a pile of burned bodies. A large supply of oxygen tanks could be found here.

---

Eventually, the creature's head was just a pile of much.

If Locus even noticed.

You'd find the group crowding around the room to check on the oxygen tanks soon after.

• Useful
Reactions: C.T. and Takumi
"I'm a soldier, not a monster.." The punches would have kept coming and the wall behind the head began to show cracks as Locus's fist smashed into it. It was only when Grey touched him that Locus was shaken from his anger-fueled hallucination and he'd release his grip on the Crimson Head, the headless body falling to the side with a sickening plop as heavy breaths could have been heard coming from the mercenary as he rose back to his feet and looked behind him at Grey.

"You weren't harmed, were you?"

@C.T. @Atomyk

She'd been through more than her fair share of disgusting surgeries and/or experimentations but she could not say that any of them had ended as bloody as that. Keeping that sorely in mind, she raised her gaze up from the carnage to the man behind it.

"Forgive me for this but...actually, no. I don't want your forgiveness in any respect. I'll just ask you straight out."

yWuglMv.png

"Since when do you care what happens to me?"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Atomyk

Depending on the amount and weight of the rumble, Huang Rong might have been able to blow it away. Looking away from the rather disturbing body, she moved to the rubble. Not knowing what an oxygen tank was nor of its usefulness in potentially clearing the debris, she simply attempted to blow it away with a strike from her green staff.

Of course, depowered as she was, there was no way it would work unless there was only, like, a small rock or two in the way.

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Lizzy @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @The Man Without Fear @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @Gibbons @OrlandoBloomers @Jerelin @CookieMonster @Saint Guillotine

As Jean (and presumably, Daniel) would enter the next room, a sudden rotten smell would assault their nostrils. Multiple corpses that shared multiple wounds littered the ground, though one body was wearing a different outfit from the others. Perhaps that was the one Nathan had meant?

@york @Ryu Keiko

---

Using the tweezers, Sherlock would pull the creature out of the man's mouth.

Ynj6sXi.jpg

It didn't move, appearing dead, though the tip of it seemed to be excreting the acidic green substance.

@ResistingTheEnlightened

---

Over the radio, Alvin responded with, "That's the only way I know of. If there is another, I don't know about it. I'm sorry."

Traveling to the respiratory services room, the group would find Locus and Emily next to a pile of burned bodies. A large supply of oxygen tanks could be found here.

---

Eventually, the creature's head was just a pile of much.

If Locus even noticed.

You'd find the group crowding around the room to check on the oxygen tanks soon after.

Well seems like there was some luck at least. Cap spoke into the radio. "Alvin, we found some oxygen tanks and are going to try and blast us a path." She motioned to the rest in the room. "Let's put Rhonda's plan to the test. Everyone help out by grabbing at least four, that should be more than enough power to blast a path through the debris."

Cap would quite easily grab two under her arms as she headed back to the blocked path.

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Lizzy @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @The Man Without Fear @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @Gibbons @OrlandoBloomers @Jerelin @CookieMonster @Saint Guillotine

tumblr_nus3jgo3UP1szjtr4o2_250.jpg

Locus's helmet served many purposes. It helped hide the scars he'd gotten over the course of serving in the war alongside Felix. It also helped mask his facial expressions for times like this where he really wasn't sure on what to say. He had never been one for pouring out his emotions and he saw no real reason to do so now. But Grey deserved an explanation for why her friend's killer suddenly decided to go all out on an enemy that could have taken her life if no one else had intervened.

"When you showed me what I really am."

Nothing more, nothing less. Efficent and to the point. Just like the man himself.

@C.T. @Atomyk

She blinked, not having for a second really been expecting an answer from the usually sullen and quiet Locus. At least not one that sounded anything like that. Now that she did have an answer, the only question was what to do with it. "...Hmph." She scoffed noncommittally. "And what is that supposed to be?" She questioned further. If nothing else, she could at least get a good psychoanalysis out of this.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

A few pieces of metal were knocked loose from Huang Rong's attack, but it was not enough to clear the debris entirely.

Over the radio, Alvin said, "If you feel that is necessary, then that is what you must do. You're going to make some noise, so you better hope nothing dangerous is lurking."

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Lizzy @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @The Man Without Fear @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @Gibbons @OrlandoBloomers @Jerelin @CookieMonster @Saint Guillotine @TheSpringwoodSlasher @C.T.

• Useful
Well seems like there was some luck at least. Cap spoke into the radio. "Alvin, we found some oxygen tanks and are going to try and blast us a path." She motioned to the rest in the room. "Let's put Rhonda's plan to the test. Everyone help out by grabbing at least four, that should be more than enough power to blast a path through the debris."

Cap would quite easily grab two under her arms as she headed back to the blocked path.

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Lizzy @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @The Man Without Fear @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @Gibbons @OrlandoBloomers @Jerelin @CookieMonster @Saint Guillotine
A few pieces of metal were knocked loose from Huang Rong's attack, but it was not enough to clear the debris entirely.

Over the radio, Alvin said, "If you feel that is necessary, then that is what you must do. You're going to make some noise, so you better hope nothing dangerous is lurking."

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Lizzy @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @The Man Without Fear @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @Gibbons @OrlandoBloomers @Jerelin @CookieMonster @Saint Guillotine @TheSpringwoodSlasher @C.T.

"Hmph, how annoying," she complained. "Hold on, four what?" she asked Cap. Oxygen tanks weren't something she was familiar with.

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Lizzy @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @The Man Without Fear @Arcadium @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @Gibbons @OrlandoBloomers @Jerelin @CookieMonster @Saint Guillotine

As Locus thought of how to answer Grey's next question, he would have paused as a memory began to rush through his head. It was one of the few bouts he had with Agent Washington back on Chorus.

"You can deny it as much as you'd like, Agent Washington. We're closer than you'd think. We're both soldiers and we're both fighting to do what we have to do."

"That's where you're wrong, Locus. You put on this facade that you and Felix are just following orders. As if that somehow absolves you of any guilt for what you've done to not only these people, but all of the others you've likely killed. Then you compare us as if we're equals. Where you fail to own up to what you've done, I accept that I've fucked up in the past. Do you know what I'm trying to do now? I'm rectifying it the best way I can. Not pretending that it didn't effect me and that I can get by acting as if everything I do is just a goal with an end objective in sight."

Then Emily's words from when they first met in this facility came back to haunt Locus one more time.

"Because I know what you are. You're a broken, empty shell of a man. There's nothing left of you to hate. We were on the same side for years, Locus. And I'm a certified genius in many disciplines. I can read you like a book. You're trying to hold on to a time long past, trying to justify your actions with distance. That you're a machine, not a man. You gave up your own name for the name of your armor. You know, the men talk a lot. Gossipers, the Federal Army. You and me both, they've traded tales about us. They call us crazy. Maybe they're right. Maybe we're both crazy, driven nuts by war. But there's a difference between us. I'm a doctor. I help and heal."

Taking all of this into account and the Felix hallucination, it made the mercenary finally realize the truth. Everything he had been fighting for was genocidal and what had he done? He tried to justify it by saying he was just following orders. When in actuality he didn't know what else there was for him besides doing what he was commanded to.

"I'm not a machine, I'm also not a soldier. I'm..I'm just a broken and tired man. One who's committed many crimes. Not just against you but so many others. I was a soldier at one point but I think that past self would be ashamed to see how long it took for me to fess up to what I've done. I'm not asking for forgiveness, wouldn't expect you to hand it out after what I've done to you. You asked for an explanation and I gave one."

@C.T. @Atomyk

Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
Status
Not open for further replies.