• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orion
@Kaykay @Others?

Orion blinked, it was apparant that he hadn't quite expected to run into someone this quickly as he was wandering around, but well... As much as he didn't want to admit it, he was glad for even a little company right now... Perhaps he was just a little bored, if anything. Seems like she was looking for breakfast though... It also became apparant that she kind of wanted to freeload, oh well, it wouldn't hurt to be nice once in a while, his family wasn't exactly loaded in cash or anything, but he was left off with a good supply of chips to get him started, surely enough for buy breakfast for two... Right?

"I-... Sure, why not." He said, shrugging nonchallantly.

Despite having stumbled a little with his words, Orion was pretty adamant about keeping up his calm stature, even if this little situation caught him off-guard just a little.

"Sports field it is." Nah said ashe she turned to look up at the medic of sorts.

"It's technically a form of dragon, but...in my world, I'm one of few." Nah seemed to grimace a bit at the thought of being the only half human of her kind, and what it's done to her life before she met her parents from the past.

@C.T. @Michale CS @The Wanderer

---------

Belle had glanced to Kali before thinking for a moment.

"Hm. I guess I could give music a try." she said with a smile.

@Ringmaster

"Heeyyy! I remember you from yesterday before-" Cynthia spoke while running towards the girl, before tripping and falling only a short distance from the two.

Cynthia had gotten back to her feet and dusted herself off and saw Orion, she grinned and did a pose.

"Well hello there, sorry for interrupting."

@Kaykay @york
Sami - 1
Food Target - 0
Breakfast obtained.

Before she could lead him off to grab some breakfast, though, she heard a familiar voice. Followed by a thud as its owner's face hit the floor. Samidare's face scrunched up a bit in sympathy. The girl didn't have time to help the other to her feet before she dusted herself off and dropped by.

jvwd5up.png

"...Hey. You okay there? Food is on..." Realizing she didn't know her patron's name, she tugged on Orion's sleeve instead. "...him, so wanna join us?"

@york @Takumi
The classroom for the study of magic....Was dominated by a small crowd of students and a single woman sitting at the desk, performing stage magic. Dice were placed beneath four cups, the four cups were swirled around akin to a shell game....But three pulled up would have their dice missing- Only to be stacked upon each other under the final cup. Seeing Megumin, she smiled and gestured.

"Hello there. Come to register or hear my spiel?"

@Kaykay
That was a kind of magic, sorta. Megumin seemed visibly confused at the show of the woman's magic. The teacher wasn't going to teach her useless parlor tricks so that she'd end up like a certain goddess, would she? She certainly hoped not. The only thing she had an interest in was explosion magic! That was all she would learn, no matter what!

"Hi," she waved, "I don't know what your spiel is but I'd like to register for the magic class, please."

@Ringmaster

Last edited:
"Heeyyy! I remember you from yesterday before-" Cynthia spoke while running towards the girl, before tripping and falling only a short distance from the two.

Cynthia had gotten back to her feet and dusted herself off and saw Orion, she grinned and did a pose.

"Well hello there, sorry for interrupting."

@Kaykay @york
Sami - 1
Food Target - 0
Breakfast obtained.

Before she could lead him off to grab some breakfast, though, she heard a familiar voice. Followed by a thud as its owner's face hit the floor. Samidare's face scrunched up a bit in sympathy. The girl didn't have time to help the other to her feet before she dusted herself off and dropped by.

jvwd5up.png

"...Hey. You okay there? Food is on..." Realizing she didn't know her patron's name, she tugged on Orion's sleeve instead. "...him, so wanna join us?"

@york @Takumi
Orion
@Takumi @Kaykay

Oh no... Oh no oh no, what had he gotten himself into? Orion blinked a few times, trying to find the appropriate

"Uh... You're not interrupting-..." He started.

Then he sort of blanked out when he realized he might be feeding three people at the rate the girl he had bumped into was going... Hopefully this won't be a daily occurence; at this rate, he'd have to get himself locked out of the dorms on purpose just to get the credits to keep this up... He shook his head, well, this is what he gets for trying to make friends... Well, at least he wouldn't come off as a jerk, so there was that.

"It's technically a form of dragon, but...in my world, I'm one of few." Nah seemed to grimace a bit at the thought of being the only half human of her kind, and what it's done to her life before she met her parents from the past.
"I'm sorry, that must be incredibly lonely." There goes my enhanced body language reading again, not that that particular reaction was hard to read, though I got a lot more from it than most would, I imagine. "But hey, you've got lots of freaks like me to consider friends now, right?" Way to go Tee. Don't let your complex make the conversation about you. "What I mean is... there's lots of one of a kind people here, and we'll all understand where you're coming from. Right?"

@C.T. @Takumi @The Wanderer

______

What a loaded question to ask.

He thought about his first wife, someone that Zoe had also taught a while back. He thought about his eldest and how much his heart ached, seeing her drift away from him. He thought about his youngest and hoped she made friends....Finally, he said thoughtfully.

"I'd rather not talk about my troubles right now. Are you using the same old garage?"

There was a nostalgic smile on his face.
"Always dodging the bullets, even the metaphorical ones, Luke. But yes, I am. It's over by the Science Lab." I replied, as I saw a student approaching my open doorway.

Phoebe Thunderman was behind annoyed- she was ticked off. She had followed the rules to the letter, perfectly. She had gone to the dorms and slept there for the night- and a whole bunch of rulebreakers had gotten rewarded for- not listening. This school was confusing as all hell. She needed to figure out where she was going. She decided that she was going to head to meet the Advanced History Teacher.
"Speak with the devil..." I nodded at Lucifer, then looked back to the student. "...and she shall appear. Welcome. Miss... Thunderhead isn't it? No, no that's not it. Thunderman. Come in, come in. You just walked in on a couple of old folks reminiscing about old times. How can I help you?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

"Ah Kokonoe! Please little miss, pay her no mind. Her love of science has transcended beyond remembrance of the calendar-Which will happen, if you're not careful! Our laboratory is among the best you'll see for schools of this caliber."

He knuckled along and added cheerfully to the cat-eared scientist.

"Speaking of calendar events, I live in hope you'd join Tager and I one of these days. A scientists brain is an important commodity, it does us good to rest them."
Nice catch, Cassandra thought. She had a feeling that Professor Winston was making up for his colleagues lack of decorum with an overcompensation with his own. "Well, I am sure that you two make an exceptional team. As I stated, my goal is to become something of an inventor, or failing that, someone who can put together practical gear for the field for herself. I do not like being unprepared for anything, so I decided to get a jump on things while I could."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

______

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
"Sorry, dude. Stole yo girl. It's a vampire thing."

He glanced to Marceline with a meaningful glance, smirking briefly as he shook his head, "Naw, I understand. She could use yer touch more than mine, 'specially when ya got this jerk-off over here--"​
"I'll play ball but fuck you. Am I allowed say that much, or do I have to smile while I suck you off too?"

"--In dire need of mine. Really, he reminds me of... me long ago, though I was much nicer with mah words. Strangely enough with my shameless vices even."

... Nah, he couldn't let that go and in a second, he completely dashed the meaningful component of his words seconds ago.

Off to a wonderful start.

"Now with that outta the way..."​
...This guy has a pair on him, that much I'll give him.

tumblr_nusieprDr61ugye8so1_250.png

"I dunno, would you rather get slugged in the jaw? That's always a third option." She commented. His words hadn't even been directed at her but still rubbed her the wrong way. "I get being pissed off but there's a point...when it gets to be too damn much. So far from what I've seen you've been a prick to everybody here. I think I can tell why someone would attack you in anger. I really do get it. Some people are assholes through and through, they earned my blood-boiling anger through it. But there's a difference between righteous fury and just being a bitch to everyone. Even I'm not like that." Ryuko paused, head tilting in thought.

"Hmm...maybe that's what this needs. Give this guy a Mako substitute, there's gotta be someone like that here." :|

She quickly sidestepped around Soroi's attempt at shooing them all out, walking right up to Kiryuin's desk and just taking a seat on it without a care. "So...is that your new Elite Four for this place, discounting that Hazama guy? Cuz I can see it, like you tried to get them as close as possible. Sorta." She held up her hand, a finger extending for each member. "You got the music lover, the tough enforcer guy(although this time much smaller), the smarter one and...hell, even me if you squint I guess. The delinquent fighter. Hairstyle isn't even that far removed."

"I might need ya ta do that fer me considerin' his combat potential dwarfs mine," he threw Ryuko's way, "He can't put me down, true, can't touch 'im likely."

Logan didn't even care that Dante was still in the room when he'd admitted all that. Because, ultimately, it would've become readily apparent fast and, well, the two had been assigned to work on this troublemaker of a student. So naturally, he was clearly going to take advantage where he could and put his resources to use.

A pause reigned heavily as he sucked in a breath, exhaling mirthlessly, "Regardless, I've dealt with his type before. So a talk or a dozen might be all he needs alongside a few trainin' exercises. I don't know what yer ideas are, especially this Mako bit. Maybe ya should shoot me yer ideas via comms if ya can."

Then came Soroi and his pestering inquiry for his departure, to which Logan had a candid response primed and ready for. He actually (probably not considering Kiryuin Satsuki) attempted to intimidate the butler briefly, with his patented look, to allow him a few seconds' reprieve until he was well and ready to leave.

"I'll send ya the reports weekly. Take care."
Dante definitely hadn't heard all that before, which was why he met her thoughtful insight with an unapologetic, sardonic smirk and a mock bow from the waist as he started walking for the door, billowing longcoat making the gesture look almost regal.

"When you walked in here I saw you kick the door down like you're the baddest bitch on the island. Don't make believe we're any different, ma'am. I just don't pretend." When they passed each other as Ryuko made for Satsuki's desk he winked, a mirthless mockery of the one Marceline had given the headmistress earlier, striding past to exit without the butler's "assistance" and flicking up three fingers in sarcastic farewell.

"And you're older."

"At least she can admit her issues and work on 'em. But whattya know, I know jackshit," the Wolverine said amused as he followed in tow after his delinquent student, a click of his tongue toward the rest still inside to finalize his farewells.

Then he shot towards the nephilim, "Right, you. Yer goin' to meet me at my office at five am sharp. No dillydallying."

Then he left as to eliminate any potential opening for protestations or what have you because the Wolverine was going to have none of it.

@C.T. @Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers

Another student had heard Feng's question, and was just a little irked when a response wasn't forthwith. They let him finish his grand speech, gave him his little moment to shine, but right afterwards a comparatively diminutive figure stepped in front of Feng and let a guitar case drop to the floor with a thud that had their black jacket billowing in the air from its weight. The case was imposing for what it was. Large and black, with almost over the top white etchings of death and destruction lining it. Long raven hued hair hid the student's eyes as they spoke up and one hand clicked open the latch on the case.

"Cool speech doggo, but you ignored the big man's question. Are you supposed to be some god of death? Or just a doberman who's really good at standing on two legs?"

While that it may seem that Feng Bu was a relatively carefree and easygoing individual, casually falling asleep in the midst of a speech, it would readily become apparently that he was by not means a slouch in respect to his alertness. Especially in regard to loud noise, such as the heavy guitar case thudding against the hard flooring, prompting the sleeping hunter's abrupt awakening.

"zzzz-- !!!"

Completely ready in his battle stand that culminated from his whirlwind of movements, he stood tall as to do battle with a... guitar case that belonged to a fairly diminutive female with predilections for the gothic?

"... You woke me."

He'd simply say, his posture alarmingly shifting back to his casual posture in a flash as if it wasn't anything. His eyes were closed shut, signifying his momentary sleepiness as he yawned, his gaping maw wide open for all to see before it clamped shut.

Nasus looked down proudly, those ancient eyes staring the legacy of Remnant down before he grinned a doggy grin and drew himself up proudly.

"I...."

Eyes that seen war, destruction and madness met hers head on, the weight of centuries, of time flowing every around him seemed to echo before he spoke.

"Am a librarian." : |​

But then he'd overheard Nasus speak and in an instant, he was at full attention, brimming with excitement for the answer he anticipated. The answer that never came, his words escaping his lips that signified his feelings clearly.

"Aw. I had suspected you to be the God of Death. It would've given me great joy to have befriended such a respectable entity."

That being said, he noted the departure of a certain Lord of Death--​
The student's eyes tilted up at the start of that sentence as it hung in the air, off colored irises boring straight into the inhuman ones across from them and meeting that calm experience and intimidating sense of ancient dread with equal force of sheer youthful excitement, adrenaline, and pride that had a smile fighting to quirk one side of the lips in anticipation of poetic discourse or bloody violence, whatever it took to establish who was the true lord of death that stalked these hallowed halls-

You could see the exact moment where all the excitement deflated out of the student. They almost shrunk a size as their intimidating, cocky hunch turned into a slump and their face took on a look of disjointed surprise and disappointment.

"Oh. Thats cool. I guess. Rock on library doge."

They huffed and clicked the latch back onto their guitar case, slung it over their shoulder, and headed for the dorm.​

"Greetings," Feng interjected, following the departing Vasili, taking care to up the baritone of his voice as to elicit her attention, "So you too looked forward to the same thing as I? I can empathize."

A momentary once over for what was hopefully a new friend, Feng continued on and appended his name to the other, "My name is Feng Bu. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Despite your rudely awakening me."

=D

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer

She stared into her mug and frowned at what she saw.

"I can only hope the mistakes could be avoided from our experience. What did you make of them all? Hazama and the students."
"What, me? Ya telling me ya don't got people for that shit here? Hmph." She grunted. "Still, since ya asked so nicely, of the few students I've seen...I mean, ya know I hate liars so gotta admit it. You see the parallels, yeah? Rash and aggressive person with a bone to pick with mostly everyone at a school. A dark haired swordswoman going on about order and security, with a way too damn serious attitude. Man, I can't place it exactly but that sounds damn familiar to me." She tapped her chin. "Maybe it'll come to me. And Hazama? Talk about a tool."

"I'm sorry, that must be incredibly lonely." There goes my enhanced body language reading again, not that that particular reaction was hard to read, though I got a lot more from it than most would, I imagine. "But hey, you've got lots of freaks like me to consider friends now, right?" Way to go Tee. Don't let your complex make the conversation about you. "What I mean is... there's lots of one of a kind people here, and we'll all understand where you're coming from. Right?"
"Normal is overrated. Freaks are more fun. ESPECIALLY DRAGONS."

@Takumi @Michale CS @The Wanderer

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Anon gave a thumbs up.

Turning the piece of paper over, and writing. "Everyone is unique in their own special way. Be it with powers or origins, or just their personality." Anon was hoping the note was inspirational. Afterall, this was possibly the first time he did something like this.

@Takumi @Michale CS @C.T.

Cassandra looked at the new arrival and held in her derision. Now was not the time. "The directive was for us to get to know the campus and the surroundings at our leisure today, Ma'am. That is what I am doing. Expressing interest in applied sciences and, to be frank, equipment and gadgetry that would help me level the playing field out there. I'm merely human, though of course probably one of the smartest, and as I was telling your esteemed colleague here, I was hoping that the science program and its capable instructors could be of assistance to me in my pursuit of science both on a practical level and as a matter of intellectual curiosity and growth."
"Ah Kokonoe! Please little miss, pay her no mind. Her love of science has transcended beyond remembrance of the calendar-Which will happen, if you're not careful! Our laboratory is among the best you'll see for schools of this caliber."

He knuckled along and added cheerfully to the cat-eared scientist.

"Speaking of calendar events, I live in hope you'd join Tager and I one of these days. A scientists brain is an important commodity, it does us good to rest them."
"I'll be sure to do that" She replied to Winston in a tone that implied she had no intention of doing that ever.
Nice catch, Cassandra thought. She had a feeling that Professor Winston was making up for his colleagues lack of decorum with an overcompensation with his own. "Well, I am sure that you two make an exceptional team. As I stated, my goal is to become something of an inventor, or failing that, someone who can put together practical gear for the field for herself. I do not like being unprepared for anything, so I decided to get a jump on things while I could."
"Right, well, good for you, nothing wrong with a little curiosity and drive. But I don't have time to teach crap today, sooooooo...."

She walked off and through another door, the metal sliding back into place and locking with a hiss.​

While that it may seem that Feng Bu was a relatively carefree and easygoing individual, casually falling asleep in the midst of a speech, it would readily become apparently that he was by not means a slouch in respect to his alertness. Especially in regard to loud noise, such as the heavy guitar case thudding against the hard flooring, prompting the sleeping hunter's abrupt awakening.

"zzzz-- !!!"

Completely ready in his battle stand that culminated from his whirlwind of movements, he stood tall as to do battle with a... guitar case that belonged to a fairly diminutive female with predilections for the gothic?

"... You woke me."

He'd simply say, his posture alarmingly shifting back to his casual posture in a flash as if it wasn't anything. His eyes were closed shut, signifying his momentary sleepiness as he yawned, his gaping maw wide open for all to see before it clamped shut.

But then he'd overheard Nasus speak and in an instant, he was at full attention, brimming with excitement for the answer he anticipated. The answer that never came, his words escaping his lips that signified his feelings clearly.

"Aw. I had suspected you to be the God of Death. It would've given me great joy to have befriended such a respectable entity."

That being said, he noted the departure of a certain Lord of Death--​

"Greetings," Feng interjected, following the departing Vasili, taking care to up the baritone of his voice as to elicit her attention, "So you too looked forward to the same thing as I? I can empathize."

A momentary once over for what was hopefully a new friend, Feng continued on and appended his name to the other, "My name is Feng Bu. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Despite your rudely awakening me."

=D

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer
The student had obviously noticed Feng's sudden awakening and stance since they weren't blind. It was just that reacting to it would have meant breaking the staredown of what they had been sure was a rockin' clash in the making. Which had been wrong, but still.

Now that they were being followed though, they turned and arched an eyebrow at Feng as they backpedaled. "I mean. I dunno if I was looking forward to it, library doge seems like a chill pup and I ain't out to beat down the undeserving. I was just, you know.... ready." At the second question, the slightly guilty expression they had ended with shifted to exasperated "Dude, you fell asleep in the middle of the entrance hall. You're lucky some poor bastard didn't drop chute their ass on top of you and break it"

"Vasili Thana, by the way. Lord of Rock and death." The kid added with a confident smirk. "S'why I had to know the answer to your question. Only one master of death may stalk these halls- ACK"

Their hands had started to raise as they declared the gravitas of their position, but Vas didn't have eyes in the back of their head and almost tripped over a bench in the hallway​

"Right, well, good for you, nothing wrong with a little curiosity and drive. But I don't have time to teach crap today, sooooooo...."

She walked off and through another door, the metal sliding back into place and locking with a hiss.
"Well then. Professor Winston, do you have any recommendations for me? My background is a little complex. I come from what has been described as Victorian England, but due to some strange circumstances, ended up in a more modern time before making my way here. I learn quickly and culture shock is something that I just don't do. Do you have perhaps a course of study you'd recommend for me? I'm well versed in physics and chemistry at this point, but modern electronics - well I simply haven't had a chance to get to that yet."

@Ringmaster

"Oh. Cool. Yeah, I lose track of stuff in here all the time. Not s'pposed to spill that to the fresh meat though."

The projection sat down on the edge of the stage, cradling its holographic bass and beginning to pluck a few chords in a repeating rhythm as it looked up at him and coughed.

"Sorry 'bout the bum vibe, dude. I'm just a voice pattern polymorph algorithm coded with an AI derived from recorded band class seshes, so if you're not a prospective student I don't really know how to do the smalltalk biz. How... ... ... are ya?"

She flickered.
"Well,it is good to know that there are other people who can lose track of stuff. I imagine that is something that they would rather keep under wraps for now," he siad.

Cooper was always fascinated by the holographic system, but sadly, he didn't have the skills to figure out how to work them or what would make them. He gave a brief pause and adjusted his sunglasses.

" I would imagine that being entirely artifical would make it entirely hard to small talk. I can't really small talk much myself either, kind of a curse honestly. I am doing fine, and maybe I should-never mind, I just remembered something," he said, getting a notebook out and starting to do sketches on how rearrange, it wasn't some aritstic masterpiece.

He noticed she flickered, but shrugged.
"Speak with the devil..." I nodded at Lucifer, then looked back to the student. "...and she shall appear. Welcome. Miss... Thunderhead isn't it? No, no that's not it. Thunderman. Come in, come in. You just walked in on a couple of old folks reminiscing about old times. How can I help you?"
Phoebe was surprised that someone had known her name before she entered. She was used to that acknowledgement back in Metroburg, but not here. " Yeah, I am Phoebe Thuderman. I was interested in taking your Advanced history course, I imagine it was changed since I couldn't find it on my holo pad," she said.

Phoebe was surprised that someone had known her name before she entered. She was used to that acknowledgement back in Metroburg, but not here. " Yeah, I am Phoebe Thuderman. I was interested in taking your Advanced history course, I imagine it was changed since I couldn't find it on my holo pad," she said.
"I imagine that's because I just changed the name to Esoteric History, and added a lab. You might want to sign up for that too, it's more credit and you get to view history firsthand - under supervision of course." I smiled brightly and nodded.

"With me is an old friend of mine, and one of my first students - well, in a matter of speaking. This is Mister Anghelscu, a patron of the Watchtower." I introduced my friend to Phoebe as vaguely as possible, I knew Lucifer liked his secrets. The less people knew about him the better, often times, but I couldn't be rude either.

"Did you have any questions for me?"

"I imagine that's because I just changed the name to Esoteric History, and added a lab. You might want to sign up for that too, it's more credit and you get to view history firsthand - under supervision of course." I smiled brightly and nodded.

"With me is an old friend of mine, and one of my first students - well, in a matter of speaking. This is Mister Anghelscu, a patron of the Watchtower." I introduced my friend to Phoebe as vaguely as possible, I knew Lucifer liked his secrets. The less people knew about him the better, often times, but I couldn't be rude either.

"Did you have any questions for me?"
Phoebe Thunderman noticed that there was a word that she didn't recgonized and pulled out a dictionary and looked up the word Esoteric before she made a comment to the teacher. After a few moments, she came across the definition and found that none of them made sense to her.

" Well, it is nice to meet you, Mister Anghelscu," she said, as she didn't realize that you could be a patron to the school, but she wasn't about to ask many questions to him. It seemed that if the teacher was being vague, there must be a reason. It wasn't exactly public knowledge to most humans ( minus her best friend) that she was a superhero at all.

" Yes, what exactly does Esoteric History mean?"

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

Phoebe Thunderman noticed that there was a word that she didn't recgonized and pulled out a dictionary and looked up the word Esoteric before she made a comment to the teacher. After a few moments, she came across the definition and found that none of them made sense to her.

" Well, it is nice to meet you, Mister Anghelscu," she said, as she didn't realize that you could be a patron to the school, but she wasn't about to ask many questions to him. It seemed that if the teacher was being vague, there must be a reason. It wasn't exactly public knowledge to most humans ( minus her best friend) that she was a superhero at all.

" Yes, what exactly does Esoteric History mean?"
"Why, real history of course." I grinned and quoted Churchill, "History is written by the winners. In my class you'll see how things really were, before the spin."

@Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

"Why, real history of course." I grinned and quoted Churchill, "History is written by the winners. In my class you'll see how things really were, before the spin."
" Well, that is different. I always knew that there was so much that we didn't know. Now, I just need to find another course like you to take," she said to her smiling a bit.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

"What, me? Ya telling me ya don't got people for that shit here? Hmph." She grunted. "Still, since ya asked so nicely, of the few students I've seen...I mean, ya know I hate liars so gotta admit it. You see the parallels, yeah? Rash and aggressive person with a bone to pick with mostly everyone at a school. A dark haired swordswoman going on about order and security, with a way too damn serious attitude. Man, I can't place it exactly but that sounds damn familiar to me." She tapped her chin. "Maybe it'll come to me. And Hazama? Talk about a tool."
"His history goes a bit further back then just that, but overall I've been content to keep him here and under my nose then plotting away from my school. Why should he leave? Here, he has everything he would want or think he would need. Followers included. But even his mannerism isn't enough to lull the disquiet of my faculty."

She sipped quietly once more from her mug, somber now as she spoke.

"Still, I judged it worth the risk. And his intelligence continues to be well enough that I can find no fault in it."

She glanced over at her sister, before frowning.

"Not that its not good to see you sister, but I must ask. What brings you back so early?"

It was a nice happenstance overall, but her presence here rather then out in space was disquieting.

@C.T.

-------
That was a kind of magic, sorta. Megumin seemed visibly confused at the show of the woman's magic. The teacher wasn't going to teach her useless parlor tricks so that she'd end up like a certain goddess, would she? She certainly hoped not. The only thing she had an interest in was explosion magic! That was all she would learn, no matter what!

"Hi," she waved, "I don't know what your spiel is but I'd like to register for the magic class, please."
"Fine by me."

She said casually, making the dice vanish from her hand and slamming down the cups into nothing. Peering curiously at Megumin, she offered a smile.

"So you know, this is more a foundation of magic- Practical will count for a large part, but not everyone has the ability to cast the same spell due to the rules of Reality as a whole. Mine for example are entirely my own- Oh not just stage magic."

She said, judging by the expression of confusion before and noticing other students were listening in as she explained.

"But something else entirely. My magic is based on the theory of anthropomorphic personification. I'm an avatar for a concept and whatever falls under that concept, I can theoretically do. For example, a small demonstration."

She flicked a coin in hand out of thin air and grinned, looking to the side at another student.

"Betcha a million dollars that it'll come up heads ten times out of ten."

The student scoffed.

And then blinked as every flip, included done by the other student came up a solid heads. Raising a finger in lecturing mode, the magic teacher continued.

"Somewhere in the wide, wide realm of chance and luck there was an outcome where the coin lands heads, ten times out of ten. Neat, right? Similarly, there was also an outcome where that cup on the table over there, explodes."

She pointed her finger like a gun, the cup in question the one from the prior dice trick. Aiming carefully, the students stepped back as she spoke.

"Bang."

With a crack, the cup exploded and she beamed.

"That is magic right there. To understand your art and to respect it enough to make it work for you. If you're interested even more, then by all means! Sign up!"

She beamed.

"Call me Professor Hirakawa."

@Kaykay

-----------
"Well then. Professor Winston, do you have any recommendations for me? My background is a little complex. I come from what has been described as Victorian England, but due to some strange circumstances, ended up in a more modern time before making my way here. I learn quickly and culture shock is something that I just don't do. Do you have perhaps a course of study you'd recommend for me? I'm well versed in physics and chemistry at this point, but modern electronics - well I simply haven't had a chance to get to that yet."
Was she a robot? She sounded a little like a robot. All stiff and with a massive information dump to boot. Either that or she was just socially awkward. Well, it was a side effect of those who entered this field.

Just look at his colleague. : |

At least Tager enjoyed his tea parties.

Adjusting his glasses, he smiled.

"Well, there's no 'special class' as of yet. Right now, its just a foundation. I'm teaching mathematics and the good professor is taking over the science classes. As time goes by, we'll be adding more additions. But for now, our classes are among the required ones- Meaning we'll be seeing you lot either way. As a scientist though, I can tell you."

He smiled proudly and seemed to puff his chest out, which considering his size was quite the feat to see.

"The life of a scientist is its own reward, the work itself a joy."

Totes hard at work earlier

He looked down at her and laughed aloud warmly.

"If such holds an interest, then I look forward to seeing your name added to our ranks!"

@Michale CS

Was she a robot? She sounded a little like a robot. All stiff and with a massive information dump to boot. Either that or she was just socially awkward. Well, it was a side effect of those who entered this field.

"Well, there's no 'special class' as of yet. Right now, its just a foundation. I'm teaching mathematics and the good professor is taking over the science classes. As time goes by, we'll be adding more additions. But for now, our classes are among the required ones- Meaning we'll be seeing you lot either way. As a scientist though, I can tell you."

He smiled proudly and seemed to puff his chest out, which considering his size was quite the feat to see.

"If such holds an interest, then I look forward to seeing your name added to our ranks!"
When he got to the point where he puffed his chest out, Cassandra couldn't hold her composure any more and stepped back a step with a little squeak.

"I- I'm sure it is a joy in and of itself." She stammered, wringing her hands. "I- I'm sorry, I know it is a completely irrational reaction, Professor but I've always had this... fear of non-human primates?" her voice trailed off.

Cassandra forced herself to straighten up and make eye contact with Winston. "But I will work past such a petty setback and I'm sure I'll be quite comfortable in your presence, Sir."

@Ringmaster

"Well,it is good to know that there are other people who can lose track of stuff. I imagine that is something that they would rather keep under wraps for now," he siad.

Cooper was always fascinated by the holographic system, but sadly, he didn't have the skills to figure out how to work them or what would make them. He gave a brief pause and adjusted his sunglasses.

" I would imagine that being entirely artifical would make it entirely hard to small talk. I can't really small talk much myself either, kind of a curse honestly. I am doing fine, and maybe I should-never mind, I just remembered something," he said, getting a notebook out and starting to do sketches on how rearrange, it wasn't some aritstic masterpiece.

He noticed she flickered, but shrugged.

The hologram blinked at what he was doing and then posed in mock seductiveness on-stage, one leg extended long and the other arched at an angle as she lay on her back. "Sketching my likeness, huh? Whatevs, just capture my good side-"

"Your good side?? Hah! That bod belongs to ME!"

The actual vampire queen flew in and promptly did away with the poser with a bolt of red magical energy, enveloping the hologram and turning it back to whatever lumpy string of code it started life as. That done, she turned to face Cooper herself, expression like the cat who just caught sight of a field mouse.

qawAUv2.gif

"And what're you doing in the vampire's lair, mortal? Didn'tcha ever get the memo how dangerous that can be?"

There was less of a bite to her spooky spiel than usual, though, Marceline hovering over to the registration clipboard to look through the list of names who signed on for music class while she was gone. Truthfully, she was just having a little fun to bounce back from getting mega ignored by Yomi. Poor girl was obviously hung up on losing her gig. Well, this vampire could take a hint... For now.

@LuckycoolHawk9

@C.T. @Takumi @The Wanderer

______

"Always dodging the bullets, even the metaphorical ones, Luke. But yes, I am. It's over by the Science Lab." I replied, as I saw a student approaching my open doorway.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

______

"Yeah, you make a good point." Nah said after a moment of considering the other girl's words.

"Normal is overrated. Freaks are more fun. ESPECIALLY DRAGONS."

@Takumi @Michale CS @The Wanderer

Anon gave a thumbs up.

Turning the piece of paper over, and writing. "Everyone is unique in their own special way. Be it with powers or origins, or just their personality." Anon was hoping the note was inspirational. Afterall, this was possibly the first time he did something like this.

@Takumi @Michale CS @C.T.

tumblr_inline_ncfrxs9EXu1qi8e06.png

"Hehehehe. Thanks you guys." Nah said with a small chuckle and a grin. She felt a bit better.

images

"So, you guys about ready?" she asked, taking out her dragonstone as she did so. She was a bit more excited to show what she had now that their respected pep talks had made her feel much better.

-------

"Yes I'd love to join. And don't worry, I trip quite a bit so I'm used to it." Cynthia replied to the redhead before looking to Orion.

"Oh, that's good to hear." she added, relieved.

@york @Kaykay

--------

Belle took a moment to gather her thoughts before answering.

"Well, a Claymore, as my mother explained, is a warrior made for fighting creatures that eat and can disuise themselves as humans called Yoma. Being part Yoma themselves, Claymore are best suited for finding and eliminating them. That's all she told me so far." Belle explained as simply as she could, hoping she didn't confuse the other girl.

@Ringmaster

Last edited:
Orion
@Takumi @Kaykay

Oh no... Oh no oh no, what had he gotten himself into? Orion blinked a few times, trying to find the appropriate

"Uh... You're not interrupting-..." He started.

Then he sort of blanked out when he realized he might be feeding three people at the rate the girl he had bumped into was going... Hopefully this won't be a daily occurence; at this rate, he'd have to get himself locked out of the dorms on purpose just to get the credits to keep this up... He shook his head, well, this is what he gets for trying to make friends... Well, at least he wouldn't come off as a jerk, so there was that.
"Yeah, you make a good point." Nah said after a moment of considering the other girl's words.

tumblr_inline_ncfrxs9EXu1qi8e06.png

"Hehehehe. Thanks you guys." Nah said with a small chuckle and a grin. She felt a bit better.

images

"So, you guys about ready?" she asked, taking out her dragonstone as she did so. She was a bit more excited to show what she had now that their respected pep talks had made her feel much better.

-------

"Yes I'd love to join. And don't worry, I trip quite a bit so I'm used to it." Cynthia replied to the redhead before looking to Orion.

"Oh, that's good to hear." she added, relieved.

@york @Kaykay

--------

Belle took a moment to gather her thoughts before answering.

"Well, a Claymore, as my mother explained, is a warrior made for fighting creatures that eat and can disuise themselves as humans called Yoma. Being part Yoma themselves, Claymore are best suited for finding and eliminating them. That's all she told me so far." Belle explained as simply as she could, hoping she didn't confuse the other girl.

@Ringmaster
Sami wasn't sure if falling all the time was something to not worry about, but if it didn't bother her, breakfast was calling. Taking the lead for the trio as she led them to the cafeteria, she suddenly whirled around as she continued walking backwards.

"So whatcha guys' names, anyway? I'm Samidare Asahina, nice to meet you guys!"

@york @Takumi
"His history goes a bit further back then just that, but overall I've been content to keep him here and under my nose then plotting away from my school. Why should he leave? Here, he has everything he would want or think he would need. Followers included. But even his mannerism isn't enough to lull the disquiet of my faculty."

She sipped quietly once more from her mug, somber now as she spoke.

"Still, I judged it worth the risk. And his intelligence continues to be well enough that I can find no fault in it."

She glanced over at her sister, before frowning.

"Not that its not good to see you sister, but I must ask. What brings you back so early?"

It was a nice happenstance overall, but her presence here rather then out in space was disquieting.

@C.T.

-------

"Fine by me."

She said casually, making the dice vanish from her hand and slamming down the cups into nothing. Peering curiously at Megumin, she offered a smile.

"So you know, this is more a foundation of magic- Practical will count for a large part, but not everyone has the ability to cast the same spell due to the rules of Reality as a whole. Mine for example are entirely my own- Oh not just stage magic."

She said, judging by the expression of confusion before and noticing other students were listening in as she explained.

"But something else entirely. My magic is based on the theory of anthropomorphic personification. I'm an avatar for a concept and whatever falls under that concept, I can theoretically do. For example, a small demonstration."

She flicked a coin in hand out of thin air and grinned, looking to the side at another student.

"Betcha a million dollars that it'll come up heads ten times out of ten."

The student scoffed.

And then blinked as every flip, included done by the other student came up a solid heads. Raising a finger in lecturing mode, the magic teacher continued.

"Somewhere in the wide, wide realm of chance and luck there was an outcome where the coin lands heads, ten times out of ten. Neat, right? Similarly, there was also an outcome where that cup on the table over there, explodes."

She pointed her finger like a gun, the cup in question the one from the prior dice trick. Aiming carefully, the students stepped back as she spoke.

"Bang."

With a crack, the cup exploded and she beamed.

"That is magic right there. To understand your art and to respect it enough to make it work for you. If you're interested even more, then by all means! Sign up!"

She beamed.

"Call me Professor Hirakawa."

@Kaykay

-----------

@Michale CS

Megumin's eyes widened in amazement as the woman did the coin flips, ignoring the fact she didn't really have any idea what the lead-up talk to that meant. But while that was impressive, it sure wasn't explosion magic. Now, making outcomes explosions? That was magic! And she wouldn't even be cheating on her dear explosion spell!

"I'll sign up, I'll sign up! My name is Megumin, and I'm an Archwizard who wields explosion magic! Allow me to walk the path of explosions with you!"

@Ringmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.