• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anon nodded.

If he had a face, it would be beaming with happiness. Finally, he would be able to speak, but the term voice box caused him to think of a new question. Where would he get it installed? For he lacked the normal organic anatomy.

Perhaps, since he was a program.......He could get it installed in a different way. And it would just require a CPU, a connection to him, coding and what not. And bam, voice box.....But, this was only a theory....He'd just have to find a way across that bridge when he got to it.

@C.T.

hazama.jpg

"No need for that."

The mild-mannered voice cut through the talk, with less of the intensity and drama that Ryuko's entrance prompted as the head of security stepped in. An apologetic smile crossed his face, as he bowed his head to Satsuki as he moved to take his seat by Holo.

"Excuse me- I had to work my way through a crowd. Miss Yomi."

She was currently standing at attention, prompting a chuckle as he waved her down and spoke.

"No need for that. We're-"

"-Here to determine a very serious charge Hazama."

All the warmth that was in Satsuki's gaze as Ryuko stepped in had vanished, leaving only the Commander and Headmistress as she fixed Hazama in her eagle-glare.

"So though I know you like to cultivate informal relationships between your subordinates, you will recognize that I will not tolerate any favoritism."

"....Of course."

He beamed and took his seat. All seemed to be ready and Satsuki spoke.

"We are all aware of last nights events....After hearing the reports from your professors and peers, as well as consulting surveillance? I'm certain we know the events as they happened. The only thing I believe to be determined....Is a suitable punishment. For both parties."

"Headmistress, if I may?"

Hazama had raised his hand as he smiled sheepishly at the attention.

"Miss Yomi has always been a model student. She is disciplined, respectful and has always been responsible. I think we can over-"

"No sir."

Yomi herself interrupted as she said quietly, that face of stone and corpse eyes staring at the table.

"I attacked out of anger. Had I succeeded, it would have been a dead student rather then this we would be dealing with. It would be remiss of our committee, if I were to be left off with a slap on the wrist compared to the fate others would be subjected to in my place."

Satsuki raised a single, elegant eyebrow before closing her eyes. A signal for the others to deliver their opinion while she listened carefully.

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Indolent

Marceline seemed moderately disappointed by Hazama's understated arrival, frowning and sinking back into her seat as one hand propped up her cheek while the other grabbed the smoothie cup of tomato juice she'd grabbed on the way here, nonchalantly flicking the bendy straw to her mouth. Better to suck down veggie reds on the go than run the risk of being tempted by any rando student with a red cape or hair dye. Like, she didn't know about anyone else but that one lock of hair the headmistress's hardcore sister had looked delicious sometimes.

She was quiet up until the exchange was through and Yomi had finished speaking for herself, idly beginning to float up above her chair rather than sit on it and stretching out on her side above the other panelists as if laying on a bed. She cleared her throat to cut in.

"This reminds me... of a song."

Before anyone could protest, the vampire unslung the bass from around her shoulder and started strumming a simple progression, eyes shut in concentration and remembrance.

♫ "Streaks on the china,
never mattered before,
who cares.
When you drop kicked your jacket
As you came through the door,
No one glared.
But sometimes things get turned around
And no one's spaaaaared.
All hands look out below
There's a change in the status quo-uo-uo.
Gonna need, all the help that we can geeeeet.
According to our new arrival
Life is more than mere survival
And we just might live the good life yet."

She finished with a mellow expression, reshouldering the axe bass and drifting back down to her chair.

"What."

"Speaking as the deadest person in the room, this is all just china streaks. If we stressed about every bad thing that almost happened then we'd all drop from a heart attack in like a year. Sure someone's head almost got taken off, but the dude's still around to scowl at us with it, ain't he?"

She raised her hands listlessly, expression placid. :T

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @C.T.

Yomi herself interrupted as she said quietly, that face of stone and corpse eyes staring at the table.

"I attacked out of anger. Had I succeeded, it would have been a dead student rather then this we would be dealing with. It would be remiss of our committee, if I were to be left off with a slap on the wrist compared to the fate others would be subjected to in my place."

Satsuki raised a single, elegant eyebrow before closing her eyes. A signal for the others to deliver their opinion while she listened carefully.​
"Attacked out of anger, huh? Ha! I don't know if ya know it or not, but you are talking to the patron saint of just that. You make it sound like such a bad thing. It ain't. Sometimes anger is right, it is deserved. Also, like she just said...and sang." Ryuko thumbed over at Marceline. "The guy's still breathing just fine. The what if talk about if you had succeeded doesn't matter, since you clearly didn't succeed. And honestly...we all got bigger things to worry about than student in-fighting. I just got here but I can already tell that there's no real reason to continue this." She leaned back in her chair, folding her arms behind her head.

"Unless you're a sucker for over-the-top punishment." She cringed a bit at the thought before her eyes shifted over to Dante. He didn't look familiar but she felt she could at least recognize something in his eyes, his face, clothes, hell even his body language. "What's the story on you two anyway? What got ya so angry in the first place?"

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
hazama.jpg

"No need for that."

The mild-mannered voice cut through the talk, with less of the intensity and drama that Ryuko's entrance prompted as the head of security stepped in. An apologetic smile crossed his face, as he bowed his head to Satsuki as he moved to take his seat by Holo.

"Excuse me- I had to work my way through a crowd. Miss Yomi."

She was currently standing at attention, prompting a chuckle as he waved her down and spoke.

"No need for that. We're-"

"-Here to determine a very serious charge Hazama."

All the warmth that was in Satsuki's gaze as Ryuko stepped in had vanished, leaving only the Commander and Headmistress as she fixed Hazama in her eagle-glare.

"So though I know you like to cultivate informal relationships between your subordinates, you will recognize that I will not tolerate any favoritism."

"....Of course."

He beamed and took his seat. All seemed to be ready and Satsuki spoke.

"We are all aware of last nights events....After hearing the reports from your professors and peers, as well as consulting surveillance? I'm certain we know the events as they happened. The only thing I believe to be determined....Is a suitable punishment. For both parties."

"Headmistress, if I may?"

Hazama had raised his hand as he smiled sheepishly at the attention.

"Miss Yomi has always been a model student. She is disciplined, respectful and has always been responsible. I think we can over-"

"No sir."

Satsuki raised a single, elegant eyebrow before closing her eyes. A signal for the others to deliver their opinion while she listened carefully.

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Indolent

-------------

Kali brightened, shaking the hand vigorously before letting go as she asked curiously.

"Red."

She didn't know eyes came in red and she cocked her head.

"Are you an alien?"

@Takumi

----

Seeing Nah, Arthur grinned broadly and waved shyly.

"You have a beautiful voice."

Arthur said sincerely. And with a smile, he went for the sign up to put his name down for medical classes.

@C.T. @Takumi @The Wanderer

Marceline seemed moderately disappointed by Hazama's understated arrival, frowning and sinking back into her seat as one hand propped up her cheek while the other grabbed the smoothie cup of tomato juice she'd grabbed on the way here, nonchalantly flicking the bendy straw to her mouth. Better to suck down veggie reds on the go than run the risk of being tempted by any rando student with a red cape or hair dye. Like, she didn't know about anyone else but that one lock of hair the headmistress's hardcore sister had looked delicious sometimes.

She was quiet up until the exchange was through and Yomi had finished speaking for herself, idly beginning to float up above her chair rather than sit on it and stretching out on her side above the other panelists as if laying on a bed. She cleared her throat to cut in.

"This reminds me... of a song."

Before anyone could protest, the vampire unslung the bass from around her shoulder and started strumming a simple progression, eyes shut in concentration and remembrance.

♫ "Streaks on the china,
never mattered before,
who cares.
When you drop kicked your jacket
As you came through the door,
No one glared.
But sometimes things get turned around
And no one's spaaaaared.
All hands look out below
There's a change in the status quo-uo-uo.
Gonna need, all the help that we can geeeeet.
According to our new arrival
Life is more than mere survival
And we just might live the good life yet."

She finished with a mellow expression, reshouldering the axe bass and drifting back down to her chair.

"What."

"Speaking as the deadest person in the room, this is all just china streaks. If we stressed about every bad thing that almost happened then we'd all drop from a heart attack in like a year. Sure someone's head almost got taken off, but the dude's still around to scowl at us with it, ain't he?"

She raised her hands listlessly, expression placid. :T

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @C.T.
"Attacked out of anger, huh? Ha! I don't know if ya know it or not, but you are talking to the patron saint of just that. You make it sound like such a bad thing. It ain't. Sometimes anger is right, it is deserved. Also, like she just said...and sang." Ryuko thumbed over at Marceline. "The guy's still breathing just fine. The what if talk about if you had succeeded doesn't matter, since you clearly didn't succeed. And honestly...we all got bigger things to worry about than student in-fighting. I just got here but I can already tell that there's no real reason to continue this." She leaned back in her chair, folding her arms behind her head.

"Unless you're a sucker for over-the-top punishment." She cringed a bit at the thought before her eyes shifted over to Dante. He didn't look familiar but she felt she could at least recognize something in his eyes, his face, clothes, hell even his body language. "What's the story on you two anyway? What got ya so angry in the first place?"

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers
9f79f5123371253aa0542f6cf6ad87f3.png

The last member of Satsuki's court had been silent throughout the proceedings so far, but she finally cleared her throat and spoke up.

"quite foolish."

Her head tilted towards where Ryuko and Marceline were. "I understand attempting to be considerate on our first of days here, but do not forget what exactly we are discussing. Miss Yomi attacked a student, and had it not been one who both knew of the sword and could heal from wounds, it is very possible that we would be discussing a far more grievous offense. All the others were fighting a threat that was faux, while she created one that was much too real. That said..."

Her head tilted up slightly so that her eyes were visible as they stared Yomi down

8b90d2e96816131cda7037ce967b5642.png

"...She herself seems to be aware of that. So while I think that some sort of reprimand should be in order, it should be nothing so drastic as expulsion or worse. Perhaps a break from her duties on the security team, lest her anger points something sharp at another student till she learns more to control it. That is one of the things we teach, is it not?" She finished with a wry smirk and dry tone.​

Last edited:
Dawn. End of Prologue.

The new day brought many things. It brought realization to many, as more then a few students chose to leave the island. It made others more determined, as in the case of Arthur who had thrown down his gauntlet and was prepared to follow up wherever his road may take him. However the students took upon these events, one thing was clear. Things were about to change heavily from all they knew.

Down below in the dorms, Nasus had greeted Feng and others who approached him with courteous words, declaring himself a mere guardian....And at some unseen signal, he called everyone to the Hub and turned on the screens.

Silently, he watched their reactions to their fellow students caught above though it only caught the action within the school...The outskirts involving Dante, Logan and Yomi were only known to a few. And then in his deep voice, he spoke.

"Watchtower....Its very name means vigilance. It means sacrifice. It means that you will be tested, in ways you cannot imagine far beyond what you have experienced. You will walk hand-in-hand with death for the rest of your life, because the world...And worlds beyond our own, require heroes. Not merely those who fight but also those who know to cherish what we preserve. You are not soldiers, as the past generation were forced to be during wartime....You are embryos. What you take from all this and your peers, is ultimately up to you. As no one else can say who or what you are willing to sacrifice that others may be happy and places you may never see, remain green and whole."

Letting this sink in, he added.

"Tomorrow, you will face a choice...To stay or to go. No one will begrudge you for choosing to leave and transport and supplies for those who require it, will be provided. For those who stay? They will have the opportunity to interview teachers in preparation for which class they choose to take, as their extracurricular if you hadn't already sent in your entries. If you wish to change your mind, tomorrow will be the last opportunity before the school begins proper. The prologue is ended."

He stared at them all and said quietly.

"Your story begins."

------

Those who participated in last nights exercise, were honored publicly with an announcement. Others were already packing and heading for the transport that would take them away. Still more were wandering around, seeking out places in which to see what kind of teachers were at this campus.

It was a holiday and a day of mild worry.

Depending on who you were.

-------

Elsewhere, in a special room would be several figures. Lady Satsuki, sitting on a panel....Professor Logan. And Professor Marceline and Holo, who Satsuki had requested personally for this. All of whom she trusted as both judges of character to get to the bottom of this situation.

The events of last night, involving Yomi Tepes-Anghelscu and Dante.

Before them, a table with two chairs would be provided for Dante and Yomi, the latter sitting upright with parade ground posture. She met the Judges eyes calmly, though with the same blankness she demonstrated last night.

On the panel, a single chair left open would indicate one more person yet to come.

@Michale CS @C.T. @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Chewy Rabbits @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Kaykay @york @OrlandoBloomers @Takumi @The Wanderer
Orion
@Michale CS @C.T. @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Chewy Rabbits @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Kaykay @OrlandoBloomers @Takumi @The Wanderer @Anyone I guess

Welp, Orion was awake, and just a little bitter that he just barely missed an activity like that... But then again, maybe he shouldn't be so disappointed after hearing the stories about what had happened that night; looks like this Academy was trying to push the limits of their students in any way they could, that just meant that he had to watch his back more often now that he had an idea of what life here was like. Perhaps he should stay out just a little... Later next time while stargazing. For the time being, he had decided to wander around quite aimlessly, he wasn't quite in the mood to strike up any conversation with his future teachers just yet, so he decided to mill around a little, while he had the chance. Looks like the only way he could see interacting with someone, is if he ran into them one way or the other.

That was the way of the world.

People died, some in the course of exercises here. Others in attempting to get to this island, fleeing various forces or smuggled from across the stars. That was one reason this place was set in international waters and had certain...Staff members on board as their faculty. The Watchtower was strong, but it was essentially smoke and mirrors. You bluffed and blinded worlds who could with any provocation, nuke the place or divide their forces with a blunt enough instrument. Made them think the Watchtower emblem meant something. There was no room for petty, cowboy antics.

Didn't she learn that as a child? When she almost ruined everything?

Her mothers sword in hand vibrated as a roar echoed in her head and it was her only warning. Even then, it wasn't quite enough. The switch of styles would take a moment to get used to- She made a note to watch for that, even as her opponent drew blood in the fight. She assessed the wound, decided it wasn't a problem and moved on the counter attack.

If Dante was instinctive and animalistic, Yomi's was the ice cold method of mathematics. Every variable calculated, weighed and then implemented as she incorporated everything. Speed, the breeze, surroundings- Packed dirt and grass made for greater traction. Visibility- Not a problem. She wasn't exactly as pure in blood as her father, but enough lingered to allow her to see in the dark well. She kept the school to her back, to let her night vision carry the advantage and prevent blinding.

.....He talked too much. Liked to run his mouth. Shut him out. Like you did everyone else. She exhaled and though the blows were lethal and maiming, her breathing was steady.

They were only words.

In her minds eye, a snowy field laid before her. The sharp scent of frost wafted, the cold bit into her cheeks.

Her parents, before it all sat on a swing beneath a tree, cuddling close before purple eyes sought her out and gestured her forward.

Her lips formed the words.

And in the waking world, Yomi moved like a snake as she changed from brutal offensive to a more supple technique. Right to the heart should take him and deal the final- Wait.

She couldn't stop it, though she tried. Thanks to Professor Logan and her own efforts, her blade would embed into the shoulder, entangled in the claws as a furrow deep in the earth from her charge trailed the ground. Shock pervaded her features, shattering the cold, twisted mask of anger she wore prior.

"Professor!"

And then she realized what she had done.

Too far.

She had gone too far, in her attempt to do her duty and she winced, pulling out the sword if allowed as she cleaned it and sheathed her blade. Her mother would be ashamed, seeing her sword used as she just did and she bowed from the waist, hands on her side.

".....Professor, as my witness I would like to put myself up on a charge for excessive force and dereliction of duty. In accordance with the faculty rules as set forth by the WSC and Lady Satsuki. However- That can wait."

She rose and the mask had returned. Her face was like stone, impervious as her eyes...Once lit, even with something as destructive as fury became akin to a corpse. Her posture was perfect though and even bleeding freely from the shoulder, she refused to even so much as look at it. She then pointed at Dante.

"In the course of my duties, I was-"

She hesitated for the first time since speaking before clearing her throat and raising her chin.

"Never mind sir-"

-----
"-its nothing."

hazama-clap.gif

"Good girl. And good job to you as well, Whisper."

The psionic student in the committee smiled and pushed his glasses up his nose, grateful at the praise Hazama had given. Comms were a bad idea unless you wanted to have them bugged by Lady Satsuki. She had a cadre of people who could do it in their sleep, despite his measures of security. So when it came to....Select orders, all he had to do was rely them through psychic means. Yomi....Boy, he had been in good form that day when he recruited her among the others. A perfect bargaining chip, out in the open and dumber then a box of rocks. Too angry, to full of hate and sorrow and all the little things that made humanity worth keeping around. Just like everyone of the other kiddies he brought under his wing.

With a few exceptions.

All he needed to do was say through her comm that there was something going on, around the north end perimeter and like a good girl, she took the bait. One major button press later and her duty and teen angst did the rest.

They couldn't have a wild card loose, now could they? They needed to keep an eye on all the students.

Every single one and he laughed aloud again, as on his cameras everyone else stuck out in the open revealed themselves in one way or another. Lady Satsuki had made her move....This was his.

"Tick-tock, my lady....Times now on MY side."

@OrlandoBloomers @Indolent

---- F l a s h b a c k ----

Obviously Logan would allow Yomi to extricate the blade buried into the flesh of his shoulder, his claws retracting to facilitate the sword's return to its sheathe. The gash left behind by the weapon was a clean cut, if deep, thanks to the inherent sharpness of Yomi's blade, and it made the healing factor's work all the easier as the musculature far beneath the epidermis shuddered before seemingly coming alive. More so than was already the norm for the human body anyhow. Sliced muscles knitted back together as did the fat, the wound's rapid recovery working its way up from inwards and within minutes, there was not even a scar.

Unfortunately though.

It did nothing for his ruined shirt nor the incredulous scowl plastered across the Canadian's features, the implications accentuated by the sharp intake of breath through gritted teeth.

"I don't wanna hear it. Yer goin' ta hafta explain yerself ta Kiryuin and the others; yer comin' too Marilyn Manson, no ifs or buts."

In a way, he was reminded of his post as Headmaster back home. Almost anyway.

---- Current ----
"I'm stronger."

"Shut up, kid," was all the ornery man had to say as he waited for the others. Though he glanced to Yomi as she exchanged barbs with Dante, brow raised. Spunky even when the situation didn't call for it? Heh.

Logan only exhaled before taking a swig from a can of Molson, cleverly disguised as a Pepsi can. "Yeah, color me surprised. Not a fan of the guy either way; could we proceed without 'im?" There was almost a hopeful inflection to the Wolverine's tone as he made query Kiryuin's way. But he knew better and shrugged, rolling his jaw to reflect his further apathy as he took another swig. He was silent when Marceline made her friendly remark, gesturing in almost an unprofessional conduct toward the Headmaster. He, of all people, wasn't going to crash down on her in respect to authority and respect. That would've been an excellent instance of hilarity considering the man himself.

Considering the Molson in his hand right now.

Anyway, they were still waiting for more people-- in entered Kiryuin's sister. Wolverine maintained his straight-laced expression, sipping his illicit beverage almost fondly as he contemplated in remembrance a better time.

"Jus' passin' judgement on a catfight, don't think it'll go over badly." he remarked toward Ryuko as she made her query.

Finally Hazama made his appearance, "Bout time," the mutant curtly mentioned, eyes burning a bead through the Head of the Security Committee.

The friendly air Kiryuin displayed when Matoi made her appearance disappeared post-haste upon Hazama's arrival-- the fact made Logan actually visibly grin-- as she set right to work, brushing aside the man's attempt at bluster and smooth talk. Especially when he tried to curtail any potential punishment for his own subordinate via bringing up her achievements and history, to which Satsuki promptly shot down without a second thought. Yeah, this woman was a hard-ass and that was something the Canadian could genuinely appreciate; especially for someone in her position.

It seemed that the proceedings would go over well considering how Yomi abruptly cut Hazama off and owned up to her own faults. That was always a good sign of character and, well, he'd never really took her to be a bad sort. Just that she had it rough, whatever her life was, and he could see some of himself in her. This was what made the mutant willing to give her the benefit of the doubt despite her actions. Precisely because he had been there to avert what may have been a potential disaster otherwise. A shrug followed as Satsuki made it clear for the others to interject their opinions on the matter; ladies first Logan thought and so did his fellow professors speak.

Well, one sang anyway.

The Vampire Queen was on the ball though, despite the music grating on his ears. Logan expressed his having respectfully listened via a soft exhale through the nose and a nod, before glancing toward the Headmaster's sibling. The mindset was similar to his own, especially what with his own history of berserking and his own friends/allies coming to his aid via stopping him and allocating him the benefit of the doubt and more that he needed.

To answer her question though, in some detail anyway; "Seems like 'is attitude about the academy didn't sit well with Yomi. That 'n he drank my booze; can't drink around 'ere it seems, heh. I only got some of it, condensed what I got into a gist cuz ya know, they were bout to kill each other."​

Oops, he'd inadvertently interrupted the last professor's words. He excused himself, keeping quiet as she spoke, his keen ears listening to every iota of her speech as he glanced down to the can's contents, swishing around to gauge its remainder via the light's reflection. Soon as Holo was done speaking, the Wolverine would have his turn.

"I agree with most of ya," the professor opened, "Though a minor exception could be taken with yer thoughts, Marceline. Can't say we shouldn't care bout this, though yer words' spirit is indubitably understood."

He shook his head, "I understand anger. Y'all have got my dossier in a nice, little notebook with all the relevant details. The fact of it is the situation resolved fairly well, nobody got hurt. Well, just me but that ain't what matters the most here; it's the students. Sure, we got bigger things ta worry bout but I'd rather ensure our kids don't die ta each other cuz they git uppity with each other over something that doesn't matter either. More ta the point, Yomi herself recognizes that she did herself, and others, wrong. And she wants to repent fer that. So my idea's goin' to compound with Miss Holo's; give her a reprieve from the security committee and then hand her over to me. I've got experience in spades in dealing with emotions like that. Until I've decided she's fit to go back to work, she's stuck with me until she manages a handle on whatever she's dealing with; through talks or training, whatever. I'll even submit reports ta Kiryuin to keep her in the know."

A chuckle followed.

"It's good enough a punishment. I mean, who'd want to deal with me 24/7?" The Wolverine bared a toothy smirk.

"Maybe take the other kid too fer an attitude adjustment." : |

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

Last edited:
Dawn. End of Prologue.

The new day brought many things. It brought realization to many, as more then a few students chose to leave the island. It made others more determined, as in the case of Arthur who had thrown down his gauntlet and was prepared to follow up wherever his road may take him. However the students took upon these events, one thing was clear. Things were about to change heavily from all they knew.

Down below in the dorms, Nasus had greeted Feng and others who approached him with courteous words, declaring himself a mere guardian....And at some unseen signal, he called everyone to the Hub and turned on the screens.

Silently, he watched their reactions to their fellow students caught above though it only caught the action within the school...The outskirts involving Dante, Logan and Yomi were only known to a few. And then in his deep voice, he spoke.

"Watchtower....Its very name means vigilance. It means sacrifice. It means that you will be tested, in ways you cannot imagine far beyond what you have experienced. You will walk hand-in-hand with death for the rest of your life, because the world...And worlds beyond our own, require heroes. Not merely those who fight but also those who know to cherish what we preserve. You are not soldiers, as the past generation were forced to be during wartime....You are embryos. What you take from all this and your peers, is ultimately up to you. As no one else can say who or what you are willing to sacrifice that others may be happy and places you may never see, remain green and whole."

Letting this sink in, he added.

"Tomorrow, you will face a choice...To stay or to go. No one will begrudge you for choosing to leave and transport and supplies for those who require it, will be provided. For those who stay? They will have the opportunity to interview teachers in preparation for which class they choose to take, as their extracurricular if you hadn't already sent in your entries. If you wish to change your mind, tomorrow will be the last opportunity before the school begins proper. The prologue is ended."

He stared at them all and said quietly.

"Your story begins."

He never really got a reply back to his query, the Guardian seemingly deigning to speak to one and all that were gathered within the hub. That was fine, it seemed extremely important in content, relevant to the topic of their being here and what the future held for them. To Feng Bu, it would appear that he was enraptured in the Ascended's soliloquy, listening intently so as to absorb every nuance of his superior's words.

His was the face of a man fully hell-bent on listening through.

Then he fell asleep half-way through, still standing.

"zzz "

Sorry, not sorry.

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi
download%252520%25282%2529.jpg

"Thanks! I worked really hard on it." Grey beamed...and then once more as he signed up right then and there. "Woo, that's one!"

"...That's your name?" Her head tilted in surprise for a second... "Nah, that can't be it." Then she burst out laughing. "Sorry. Dad joke. Nice to meet you! And...are those pointy ears? Fascinating."

"TWO!"

Her arm thrust up into the air, hand formed in the victory sign. "Oh I can tell we're going to have a good time in my class. Just you wait!" She was tempted to dance, having gotten two more students than she had expected. A little friendliness went a long way. But instead of dancing, she just fixed a stare on Anon.

"Ohhhhh, mute! I see, that's why you signed up for my class! I'm sure I can fix you something for that. Hmm...tell me, are you adverse to implantation? I could make a voice box in my sleep. If you want one, anyways."

@Ringmaster @Takumi @The Wanderer

Nah pouted at the joke. Well, it was better than most people's reactions to her name.

"Sadly, yes it's my name." she sighed. At the mention of her ears she looked up.

"Yes, my ears are pointed. I can turn into a dragon, so...yeah." she added as she reluctantly went to sign up for the class. The thought of what would happen if Cynthia and Dr. Grey got together almost caused the small hybrid to cringe but she kept her composure. Nah didn't even know that Cynthia had met Dr. Emily Grey to an extent on the first day, but maybe that was for the best.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @The Wanderer

Last edited:
"Yes, my ears are pointed. I can turn into a dragon, so...yeah." she added as she reluctantly went to sign up for the class.
Somewhere in the back of her mind, one of her racing thoughts took note that 3 students had just signed up for her class, and that Anon had agreed. However, they were both completely eclipsed by that reveal. "...A dragon. No joke? Would that be the European type, you know, the four legs and huge wings and breathes fire and all that? Or the more Asian kind, with a serpentine-esque body and also four legs but no wings? Or would it be much more accurate to call you a Wyvern when in that state...NOT THAT IT REALLY MATTERS BECAUSE ALL SOUND GOSHDARNED AWESOME! Complete biological shift, mass expansion, rearranging of internal organs, emergence of extra appendages, mouth elongation." She chewed her fingernails in pure glee.

"Can I see it?!" She immediately asked, eyes shining bright with the excitement of possibilities. "...In more open terrain, anyway. Accounting for size difference. And if that's okay with you, naturally."

Somewhere in the back of her mind, one of her racing thoughts took note that 3 students had just signed up for her class, and that Anon had agreed. However, they were both completely eclipsed by that reveal. "...A dragon. No joke? Would that be the European type, you know, the four legs and huge wings and breathes fire and all that? Or the more Asian kind, with a serpentine-esque body and also four legs but no wings? Or would it be much more accurate to call you a Wyvern when in that state...NOT THAT IT REALLY MATTERS BECAUSE ALL SOUND GOSHDARNED AWESOME! Complete biological shift, mass expansion, rearranging of internal organs, emergence of extra appendages, mouth elongation." She chewed her fingernails in pure glee.

"Can I see it?!" She immediately asked, eyes shining bright with the excitement of possibilities. "...In more open terrain, anyway. Accounting for size difference. And if that's okay with you, naturally."

a187370788fb340c61aafc820d26c44e.jpg

Nah held up her hands in a "please, calm down" gesture with a grimace. She just found it strange that someone was interested in the fact she could even turn into a dragon. At all. She still needed to get used to it.

"Sure, I guess. As to answer your question, I don't know about these European or Asain dragons but it more or less sounds closer to the European dragons. I don't look like a Wyvern, and the term for what type of dragon is called a Manakete where I'm from." she took a breath, not expecting to have to explain so much at once.

"And I guess I could show you. Since you seem so...excited." Nah added thoughtfully.

Last edited:
9f79f5123371253aa0542f6cf6ad87f3.png

The last member of Satsuki's court had been silent throughout the proceedings so far, but she finally cleared her throat and spoke up.

"quite foolish."

Her head tilted towards where Ryuko and Marceline were. "I understand attempting to be considerate on our first of days here, but do not forget what exactly we are discussing here. Miss Yomi attacked a student, and had it not been one who both knew of the sword and could heal from wounds, it is very possible that we would be discussing a far more grievous offense. All the others were fighting a threat that was faux, while she created one that was far too real. That said..."

Her head tilted up slightly so that her eyes were visible as they stared Yomi down

8b90d2e96816131cda7037ce967b5642.png

"...She herself seems to be aware of that. So while I think that some sort of reprimand should be in order, it should be nothing so drastic as expulsion or worse. Perhaps a break from her duties on the security team, lest her anger points something sharp at another student till she learns more to control it. That is one of the things we teach, is it not?" She finished with a wry smirk and dry tone.​

oohY0ng.gif

"Quit being so extra, dude, come on. That cultist hood's wiggin' me out."

Still, she listened enough to take the wiseish wolf's words under her lax consideration, fingers steepled as she tilted her chair back to teeter on its hind legs. Much of Logan's rationale went down the same way, the band teacher staying quiet throughout and tilting her head back to look at the ceiling, her dark hair hanging down over the back. Only when he was through did she speak up again, suddenly kicking off the floor so her chair fell back but staying in the air via levitation.

"Counter-idea! If Yomi gets her badge suspended, take that jobless square and put her to work with me. Logan can take the reigns for this Dante dude; That way these two keep away from each other and pops over here doesn't get stuck with more young people than he can handle. You got a score to settle for your whiskey anyway."

She floated over to pat Wolverine's shoulder, smirking audaciously. "Maybe I don't know anger as well as the big bad Wolverine does, but I do know all about getting caught up in a moment and seeing... red. I don't know 'bout anyone else, but to me that sounds a lot like..."

Marcy paused, arching her eyebrows and looking over towards Satsuki meaningfully.

"...Vampire stuff."

They all knew who Yomi's dad was, but the headmistress knew especially. "And I just might be qualified to help with that."

"Yeah, no thanks."

Proceedings were interrupted momentarily by the first meaningful contribution from Dante since deliberations began, the devil hunter boldly standing up from his allocated seat and giving the chair a casual back kick to send it sliding away as he took slow, measured steps across the room while he continued speaking, never looking in the staff panels' direction despite addressing them.

"I'll pass on getting saddled with the ex-savage who got old and lost all his teeth. And as for the rest of this? I could give less of a damn. So what's it gonna be? Why don't you people stop with the theatrics and tell me what my options are?"

@Indolent @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

• Love
Reactions: C.T. and Takumi
"Yeah, no thanks."

Proceedings were interrupted momentarily by the first meaningful contribution from Dante since deliberations began, the devil hunter boldly standing up from his allocated seat and giving the chair a casual back kick to send it sliding away as he took slow, measured steps across the room while he continued speaking, never looking in the staff panels' direction despite addressing them.

"I'll pass on getting saddled with the ex-savage who got old and lost all his teeth. And as for the rest of this? I could give less of a damn. So what's it gonna be? Why don't you people stop with the theatrics and tell me what my options are?"
".....Hehehehehehehehehehehehe."

tumblr_me9xqrZytV1qk13p3.gif

Hazama finally spoke up as he raised his hands in a 'what-are-you-gonna-do' gesture.

"I like this kid. Now here you are, all talking about taking away one of my best members. That seems to be an unanimous decision. I'll accept that- Buuuuut, its gonna be leaving ME shorthanded in my area. So I propose this....You take Yomi and do what you like. But leave Dante under MY care- On probation of course. It seems fitting that he'll take over responsibilities, that he otherwise seems to shirk. Perhaps it'll teach him the value of structure, and no simply when its convenient for him?"

"No."

Blase, perfectly so....Lady Satsuki finally spoke after everyone else had as she opened her eyes and for the first time, subjected Yomi and Dante to the full brunt of it. If Ryuko was a savage dragon in aura, Lady Satsuki was a tiger at rest. With only a whiskers length from acting on her own power- From the old academy through the war itself. With a glance, she seemed to stare right through Dante and Yomi before her, like a disinterested god weighing souls in hand for paradise or flames. Finally she spoke again.

"I have seen enough. And what I see is this. Before me, sits a girl with less control then we were lead to believe....And a brat who believes in exploiting the system he's currently in. So this is my judgement. Ryuko. Logan. I am passing over Dante to you two. For an entire month, he will be on probation and under your charge. To learn what it means to work as a team and not simply to loaf around and do what he wants. If he wishes otherwise?"

She fixed her gaze on him and there was no mercy whatsoever.

"Then expel him on the spot. Boy, powerful you may be for your age. And perhaps you may have seen things, but only a thug acts out, doing what he wishes for the sake of his gratification. And I do not tolerate thugs in my school. As for you."

Back her gaze swept to Yomi, prompting the girl to actively flinch briefly at the wave of power that briefly flared.

"....I am putting you in the same situation as Dante. On probation and answering to Marceline and Holo. Under the same circumstances.Till such time as the judges I appointed for you both are satisfied at the end of the time, you will remain under this state till such time as you both behave....Or until you quit."

It was an unspoken challenge tossed down to the pair, before Hazama chose to spoke.

"Soooo, where does that leave me and MY staff?"

satsuki_kiryuin_by_iguanaknoxville-d6tpfef.png

She turned her gaze more fully and spoke in a tone as frigid as the Arctic winds.

"Grateful that I do not launch a full investigation into your holdings, Hazama. One wonders what exactly, you teach your people underground."

".....A greater sense of gravity for their position Lady Satsuki, or so it shall be. We will take this situation to heart."

Hazama visibly backed down, a smile on his face in response to Satsuki's expression.

"So then! If we're all agreed, meeting adjourned?"

She turned back to eye the two students before nodding.

"Meeting adjourned. Motion carried."

*Thump.*

Yomi in a rare display of relaxation from her posture, chose to head-desk as she scowled.

Oh this was fantastic.

@OrlandoBloomers @Indolent @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer

-----------

Well those all sounded like interesting conceptions to the android. Walking alongside her new friend, Kali's arms would be swinging at her side, in an attempt to mimic her relaxed pose.

"Interesting- So what classes will you be taking then?"

@Takumi

---------

Arthur left to wander the grounds in turn, content as he went looking for other class ideas.

"Yeah, no thanks."

Ryuko just fell silent at this point, refraining from replying to either Holo's or Logan's points. Truth be told, it was still weird being on some judging panel. Not even what she really came here for anyway. So instead, she turned her head just enough to look expectantly at Satsuki. Lord knows how much sis likes hearing the sound of her own voice. The thought brought the hint of a sly smirk.​
"I like this kid. Now here you are, all talking about taking away one of my best members. That seems to be an unanimous decision. I'll accept that- Buuuuut, its gonna be leaving ME shorthanded in my area. So I propose this....You take Yomi and do what you like. But leave Dante under MY care- On probation of course. It seems fitting that he'll take over responsibilities, that he otherwise seems to shirk. Perhaps it'll teach him the value of structure, and no simply when its convenient for him?"

"No."
"Damn, hell of a shutdown." She muttered quietly to herself.
"I have seen enough. And what I see is this. Before me, sits a girl with less control then we were lead to believe....And a brat who believes in exploiting the system he's currently in. So this is my judgement. Ryuko. Logan. I am passing over Dante to you two. For an entire month, he will be on probation and under your charge. To learn what it means to work as a team and not simply to loaf around and do what he wants. If he wishes otherwise?"

"Then expel him on the spot. Boy, powerful you may be for your age. And perhaps you may have seen things, but only a thug acts out, doing what he wishes for the sake of his gratification. And I do not tolerate thugs in my school. As for you."
"...Babysitting job, then? How flattering." Ryuko deadpanned, absently flicking her fingers and not even sparing Dante a glance in return. After a moment however, she did briefly glance Logan's way. Bit older, rough around the edges just from a look...and just about as short as I am.

tumblr_o8ez6tMBbQ1vsk1apo9_250.jpg

"Whatever, if ya insist."

@Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent

oohY0ng.gif

"Quit being so extra, dude, come on. That cultist hood's wiggin' me out."

Still, she listened enough to take the wiseish wolf's words under her lax consideration, fingers steepled as she tilted her chair back to teeter on its hind legs. Much of Logan's rationale went down the same way, the band teacher staying quiet throughout and tilting her head back to look at the ceiling, her dark hair hanging down over the back. Only when he was through did she speak up again, suddenly kicking off the floor so her chair fell back but staying in the air via levitation.

"Counter-idea! If Yomi gets her badge suspended, take that jobless square and put her to work with me. Logan can take the reigns for this Dante dude; That way these two keep away from each other and pops over here doesn't get stuck with more young people than he can handle. You got a score to settle for your whiskey anyway."

She floated over to pat Wolverine's shoulder, smirking audaciously. "Maybe I don't know anger as well as the big bad Wolverine does, but I do know all about getting caught up in a moment and seeing... red. I don't know 'bout anyone else, but to me that sounds a lot like..."

Marcy paused, arching her eyebrows and looking over towards Satsuki meaningfully.

"...Vampire stuff."

They all knew who her dad was, but the headmistress knew especially. "And I just might be qualified to help with that."

"Yeah, no thanks."

@Indolent @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

"I was thinkin' maybe yer music could tame the wild beast inside the boy, strike a chord and all," Logan mentioned sarcastically, before shruggin, "Works for me though, if Kiryuin goes with it."

Honestly, either way would've worked out just fine.

Following Dante's retorts though, Logan could only snort. "Ex-savage, missin' my teeth? Alright I changed mah mind, I could do more with his type. Oh by the way?"

The former X-Man turned to glance toward the Nephilim, affixing a gaze belying utter seriousness, "Yer on toilet duty for a week, fer takin' my drink. Push yer luck n' it'll be a month. Call it a regular teacher's punishment aside this tidbit."​

Hazama finally spoke up as he raised his hands in a 'what-are-you-gonna-do' gesture.

"No."

Blase, perfectly so....Lady Satsuki finally spoke after everyone else had as she opened her eyes and for the first time, subjected Yomi and Dante to the full brunt of it. If Ryuko was a savage dragon in aura, Lady Satsuki was a tiger at rest. With only a whiskers length from acting on her own power- From the old academy through the war itself. With a glance, she seemed to stare right through Dante and Yomi before her, like a disinterested god weighing souls in hand for paradise or flames. Finally she spoke again.

Back her gaze swept to Yomi, prompting the girl to actively flinch briefly at the wave of power that briefly flared.

"....I am putting you in the same situation as Dante. On probation and answering to Marceline and Holo. Under the same circumstances.Till such time as the judges I appointed for you both are satisfied at the end of the time, you will remain under this state till such time as you both behave....Or until you quit."

It was an unspoken challenge tossed down to the pair, before Hazama chose to spoke.

She turned her gaze more fully and spoke in a tone as frigid as the Arctic winds.

"Grateful that I do not launch a full investigation into your holdings, Hazama. One wonders what exactly, you teach your people underground."

".....A greater sense of gravity for their position Lady Satsuki, or so it shall be. We will take this situation to heart."

Hazama visibly backed down, a smile on his face in response to Satsuki's expression.

*Thump.*

Yomi in a rare display of relaxation from her posture, chose to head-desk as she scowled.

Oh this was fantastic.

-----------

Well those all sounded like interesting conceptions to the android. Walking alongside her new friend, Kali's arms would be swinging at her side, in an attempt to mimic her relaxed pose.

@Takumi

---------

Arthur left to wander the grounds in turn, content as he went looking for other class ideas.

"Ah damn, looks like she listened ta ya vampy," Logan murmured, frowning as if he was almost disappointed. Then he scoffed, shaking his head. Probably better her than him; gents and gals got along better with each other than the opposite, right? It'd work out just fine.

But there was one thing Logan was really happy for, a guilty pleasure deep down inside. That Kiryuin Satsuki put that sleazebag Hazama in place despite his attempts at waggling the silver tongue of his. His satisfaction radiated from him so it probably was transparent in deducing the cause.

He glanced toward Yomi bouncing her skull off the desktop-- "You got this, ya'll be fine." Maybe some words of encouragement would set her on her way.​
Ryuko just fell silent at this point, refraining from replying to either Holo's or Logan's points. Truth be told, it was still weird being on some judging panel. Not even what she really came here for anyway. So instead, she turned her head just enough to look expectantly at Satsuki. Lord knows how much sis likes hearing the sound of her own voice. The thought brought the hint of a sly smirk.​

"Damn, hell of a shutdown." She muttered quietly to herself.

"...Babysitting job, then? How flattering." Ryuko deadpanned, absently flicking her fingers and not even sparing Dante a glance in return. After a moment however, she did briefly glance Logan's way. Bit older, rough around the edges just from a look...and just about as short as I am.

tumblr_o8ez6tMBbQ1vsk1apo9_250.jpg

"Whatever, if ya insist."

@Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent

He caught Ryuko's glance, brow raising in reply, "What, I ain't up ta snuff fer ya?"

@C.T. @Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Reactions: Takumi
"Please do."

Nah found this woman strange, yet said nothing else as she led the way out of the infirmary. From there she paused. She didn't know what or where everything was yet and glanced around at the many different locations nearby.

"No."

*Thump.*

Oh this was fantastic.

-----------

@Takumi

---------

"I haven't decided what classes as of yet." Belle replied after a moment of thought as she walked beside the cyborg.

@Ringmaster

He never really got a reply back to his query, the Guardian seemingly deigning to speak to one and all that were gathered within the hub. That was fine, it seemed extremely important in content, relevant to the topic of their being here and what the future held for them. To Feng Bu, it would appear that he was enraptured in the Ascended's soliloquy, listening intently so as to absorb every nuance of his superior's words.

Feng%20Bu_zpsu9n7fdos.jpg

His was the face of a man fully hell-bent on listening through.

Then he fell asleep half-way through, still standing.

"zzz "​

Another student had heard Feng's question, and was just a little irked when a response wasn't forthwith. They let him finish his grand speech, gave him his little moment to shine, but right afterwards a comparatively diminutive figure stepped in front of Feng and let a guitar case drop to the floor with a thud that had their black jacket billowing in the air from its weight. The case was imposing for what it was. Large and black, with almost over the top white etchings of death and destruction lining it. Long raven hued hair hid the student's eyes as they spoke up and one hand clicked open the latch on the case.

"Cool speech doggo, but you ignored the big man's question. Are you supposed to be some god of death? Or just a doberman who's really good at standing on two legs?"

@Ringmaster @Indolent

Another student had heard Feng's question, and was just a little irked when a response wasn't forthwith. They let him finish his grand speech, gave him his little moment to shine, but right afterwards a comparatively diminutive figure stepped in front of Feng and let a guitar case drop to the floor with a thud that had their black jacket billowing in the air from its weight. The case was imposing for what it was. Large and black, with almost over the top white etchings of death and destruction lining it. Long raven hued hair hid the student's eyes as they spoke up and one hand clicked open the latch on the case.

"Cool speech doggo, but you ignored the big man's question. Are you supposed to be some god of death? Or just a doberman who's really good at standing on two legs?"

@Ringmaster @Indolent
Nasus looked down proudly, those ancient eyes staring the legacy of Remnant down before he grinned a doggy grin and drew himself up proudly.

"I...."

Eyes that seen war, destruction and madness met hers head on, the weight of centuries, of time flowing every around him seemed to echo before he spoke.

"Am a librarian." : |

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent

Nasus looked down proudly, those ancient eyes staring the legacy of Remnant down before he grinned a doggy grin and drew himself up proudly.

"I...."

Eyes that seen war, destruction and madness met hers head on, the weight of centuries, of time flowing every around him seemed to echo before he spoke.
The student's eyes tilted up at the start of that sentence as it hung in the air, off colored irises boring straight into the inhuman ones across from them and meeting that calm experience and intimidating sense of ancient dread with equal force of sheer youthful excitement, adrenaline, and pride that had a smile fighting to quirk one side of the lips in anticipation of poetic discourse or bloody violence, whatever it took to establish who was the true lord of death that stalked these hallowed halls-
"Am a librarian." : |​
You could see the exact moment where all the excitement deflated out of the student. They almost shrunk a size as their intimidating, cocky hunch turned into a slump and their face took on a look of disjointed surprise and disappointment.

"Oh. Thats cool. I guess. Rock on library doge."

They huffed and clicked the latch back onto their guitar case, slung it over their shoulder, and headed for the dorm.

@Indolent @Ringmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.