• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes I'd love to join. And don't worry, I trip quite a bit so I'm used to it." Cynthia replied to the redhead before looking to Orion.

"Oh, that's good to hear." she added, relieved.

@york @Kaykay
Sami wasn't sure if falling all the time was something to not worry about, but if it didn't bother her, breakfast was calling. Taking the lead for the trio as she led them to the cafeteria, she suddenly whirled around as she continued walking backwards.

"So whatcha guys' names, anyway? I'm Samidare Asahina, nice to meet you guys!"

@york @Takumi
Orion
@Kaykay @Takumi

Orion blinked, snapping out of his moment of concern over well, the girl that had just tripped, turning to his financial captor "lunch mate", it looks like she was friendly enough, even introducing herself, but not before asking their names too.

"Just call me Orion." He said, trying to smile a little.

Though, behind that smile, he was trying to figure out just how many chips this round of breakfast would cost him... Prooobably alot, but oh well, no harm in doing this just once, right?​

Anon gave a nod.

But, in order to follow Nah, he would have to stay close to Dr Emily Grey, so that his identity disc wouldn't fly back to him, and possibly through objects, staff and students.

For, he really didn't want to have a chat with the headmistress about the consequences of said event.

@C.T. @Takumi @Michale CS

"So, you guys about ready?" she asked, taking out her dragonstone as she did so. She was a bit more excited to show what she had now that their respected pep talks had made her feel much better.

@C.T. @Michale CS @The Wanderer
Anon gave a nod.

But, in order to follow Nah, he would have to stay close to Dr Emily Grey, so that his identity disc wouldn't fly back to him, and possibly through objects, staff and students.

For, he really didn't want to have a chat with the headmistress about the consequences of said event.

@C.T. @Takumi @Michale CS
"Naw." I punned before I nodded and chuckled. "Yeah I'm totally ready, Nah." I said with a giggle. "Sorry, I got this thing for puns and your name is kinda perfect for a few setups, Nah."

@C.T. @Takumi @Ringmaster @The Wanderer

The hologram blinked at what he was doing and then posed in mock seductiveness on-stage, one leg extended long and the other arched at an angle as she lay on her back. "Sketching my likeness, huh? Whatevs, just capture my good side-"

"Your good side?? Hah! That bod belongs to ME!"

The actual vampire queen flew in and promptly did away with the poser with a bolt of red magical energy, enveloping the hologram and turning it back to whatever lumpy string of code it started life as. That done, she turned to face Cooper herself, expression like the cat who just caught sight of a field mouse.

qawAUv2.gif

"And what're you doing in the vampire's lair, mortal? Didn'tcha ever get the memo how dangerous that can be?"

There was less of a bite to her spooky spiel than usual, though, Marceline hovering over to the registration clipboard to look through the list of names who signed on for music class while she was gone. Truthfully, she was just having a little fun to bounce back from getting mega ignored by Yomi. Poor girl was obviously hung up on losing her gig. Well, this vampire could take a hint... For now.

Cooper wasn't even paying attention to what the hologram was doing, as he was too focused on sketching the room. He wasn't about to point that out to a hologram though and he barely noticed that someone new had entered the room either.

He was almost done sketching and he looked up for a moment.

He noticed that she was zapping her hologram with something and he wasn't sure what it was. Somehow, this didn't bother Cooper a lot and he barely noticed that his sunglasses had fallen off when he was observing her zapping the hologram away. He noticed that she had a strange look on her face too quite honestly.

" For starters, I'm only half human, thank you very much. Also,nope, I didn't get any memos at all," he said, being direct.

He barely noticed that his sunglasses was off and his eyes were showing. With the amount of times that he accidently knocked the pair of sunglasses, you would think that he might have invested in some contact lenses to make it harder for his powers to be seen, even if by accident. " I'm Cooper Reid, the new drama teacher here. I honestly can't say that I have ever met anyone like you before," he said.

Cooper wasn't even paying attention to what the hologram was doing, as he was too focused on sketching the room. He wasn't about to point that out to a hologram though and he barely noticed that someone new had entered the room either.

He was almost done sketching and he looked up for a moment.

He noticed that she was zapping her hologram with something and he wasn't sure what it was. Somehow, this didn't bother Cooper a lot and he barely noticed that his sunglasses had fallen off when he was observing her zapping the hologram away. He noticed that she had a strange look on her face too quite honestly.

" For starters, I'm only half human, thank you very much. Also,nope, I didn't get any memos at all," he said, being direct.

He barely noticed that his sunglasses was off and his eyes were showing. With the amount of times that he accidently knocked the pair of sunglasses, you would think that he might have invested in some contact lenses to make it harder for his powers to be seen, even if by accident. " I'm Cooper Reid, the new drama teacher here. I honestly can't say that I have ever met anyone like you before," he said.

"What, like a vampire?"

Marceline echoed that last thought questioningly, looking less offended and more like she embraced the notion of being different. She floated over with her legs curled slightly off the floor and held out a hand, briefly appearing like she was going for a somewhat ungainly shake, before all was revealed when Cooper's sunglasses suddenly levitated up from where they'd fallen to the floor for her to pluck them out of the air. And try them on.

lmHxoL8.png

"Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, you don't see us around so much any more. I'm kind of an outcast, anyways. Queen of my own empty Court."

The musician took the glasses off and passed them back, noticing the odd shift in how she saw him when she did.

"So only half human, huh? What's the other half? Besides the reason your voice is like whaaaaaaaat and your eyes go like *brrrrrooooooooommmmmmmm-brrroomm-brroom*."

Huh. She was making some weird noises with her mouth right now. Darn her non-immunity to hypnosis stuff. Well, she could always hypnotize him back later.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Reactions: Takumi
When he got to the point where he puffed his chest out, Cassandra couldn't hold her composure any more and stepped back a step with a little squeak.

"I- I'm sure it is a joy in and of itself." She stammered, wringing her hands. "I- I'm sorry, I know it is a completely irrational reaction, Professor but I've always had this... fear of non-human primates?" her voice trailed off.

Cassandra forced herself to straighten up and make eye contact with Winston. "But I will work past such a petty setback and I'm sure I'll be quite comfortable in your presence, Sir."
Belle took a moment to gather her thoughts before answering.

"Well, a Claymore, as my mother explained, is a warrior made for fighting creatures that eat and can disuise themselves as humans called Yoma. Being part Yoma themselves, Claymore are best suited for finding and eliminating them. That's all she told me so far." Belle explained as simply as she could, hoping she didn't confuse the other girl.
Megumin's eyes widened in amazement as the woman did the coin flips, ignoring the fact she didn't really have any idea what the lead-up talk to that meant. But while that was impressive, it sure wasn't explosion magic. Now, making outcomes explosions? That was magic! And she wouldn't even be cheating on her dear explosion spell!

"I'll sign up, I'll sign up! My name is Megumin, and I'm an Archwizard who wields explosion magic! Allow me to walk the path of explosions with you!"
Confused-Winston.png

Afraid? Of primates?

He was a lovable, huggable scientist. Just ask his colleague- Ok, maybe not the best person to ask.

Still! He cleared his throat and after some dithering, offered something that would hopefully show his intentions.

"Here's a banana. I abhor enforcing stereotypes, but they're good for you. Wonderful sources of potassium. Now my dear, I look forward to seeing you in my class- But if you would take my advice? Seek out teachers and clubs who might help you improve and keep up with some of the more fantastic students. Its also a good way to make friends!"

@Michale CS

-------------

Kali was in awe. So many off-worlders. So much strangeness, and yet she looked as human as she did. Which in hindsight, she supposed was something of an object lesson. She was as human as her new friend, which meant she'd hopefully fit in. How strange could this place be?

"BWAHAHAHAHA! FLEE TRUANT, FLEE FROM MY HAND THOU PASTY-FACED WRETCH!"

"ARE YOU INSANE?!"

A commotion up ahead revealed an altercation, between what looked like a tall cyborg- Kali gasped at the sight of his arm for her own reasons, as it pinned down a figure on the ground. The freshman from the other night, with the blue eyes and the sword. The sword in question was off to the side as the boy thrashed and spoke.

"HE DID TRY TO FORCE HIMSELF UPON THE MAID! I MERELY SHOWED HIM THE ERROR OF HIS WAYS!"

Said girl, the healer from the other night looked as though she wanted to crawl down a hole and never see the light of day as she covered her face. The cyborg sighed.

"Look- Its nice you wanna help and all, but you DO NOT TACKLE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PATH!!"

"I COULD NOT USE MY SWORD! I WAS FORCED TO USE WHAT MEANS I HAD LEFT!"

Suddenly, Kali had a greater appreciation for normality.

@Takumi

---------

"Alright! Sweet."

That made one more added to the list as she smiled and flicked through a few more names. She beamed.

"Congrats, you're in my class now."

@Kaykay

------------

Elsewhere, at the Zone- The combination danger room and exercise area, Yomi had changed from her usual dress into track clothing. Sweat pants and a hoodie, as she charged around the track with a single-minded determination. She preferred sports like this- Solitary, relying on nobody but yourself. No need to reach out or work with a team, there was only the measure of your opponent and just how far you were willing to push yourself to beat him or her.

Granted, not everything was the same. Her weight class prevented her from running with the regular humans. But it was nice. Just to run and keep the world from catching up.

A flicker of movement at the corner of her eye had her come to a halt. Was that....

She paused and peered closely.

But the figure was gone. She scoffed and went back to running.

And Lucifer watched her go, before sighing sadly as he faded away once more, returning to his office.

Ryuko was here. He was recalled...And while he enjoyed seeing the students, playing at the role of teacher? It pained him to see his family like this. All he could do was watch and hope things didn't blow up.

At least for now.

Orion
@Kaykay @Takumi

Orion blinked, snapping out of his moment of concern over well, the girl that had just tripped, turning to his financial captor "lunch mate", it looks like she was friendly enough, even introducing herself, but not before asking their names too.

"Just call me Orion." He said, trying to smile a little.

Though, behind that smile, he was trying to figure out just how many chips this round of breakfast would cost him... Prooobably alot, but oh well, no harm in doing this just once, right?​

"I'm Cynthia, hero in training, it's nice to mee you!" the girl replied as she struck a pose.

They better get used to it.

@york @Kaykay

"Naw." I punned before I nodded and chuckled. "Yeah I'm totally ready, Nah." I said with a giggle. "Sorry, I got this thing for puns and your name is kinda perfect for a few setups, Nah."

@C.T. @Takumi @Ringmaster @The Wanderer

"Sadly, I've gotten somewhat used to it by now." Nah said, pouting and deflating just a little. Her name was a blessing and a curse due to it's uniqueness. This was just another day in the life of Nah.

Confused-Winston.png

Afraid? Of primates?

He was a lovable, huggable scientist. Just ask his colleague- Ok, maybe not the best person to ask.

Still! He cleared his throat and after some dithering, offered something that would hopefully show his intentions.

"Here's a banana. I abhor enforcing stereotypes, but they're good for you. Wonderful sources of potassium. Now my dear, I look forward to seeing you in my class- But if you would take my advice? Seek out teachers and clubs who might help you improve and keep up with some of the more fantastic students. Its also a good way to make friends!"

@Michale CS

-------------

Kali was in awe. So many off-worlders. So much strangeness, and yet she looked as human as she did. Which in hindsight, she supposed was something of an object lesson. She was as human as her new friend, which meant she'd hopefully fit in. How strange could this place be?

"BWAHAHAHAHA! FLEE TRUANT, FLEE FROM MY HAND THOU PASTY-FACED WRETCH!"

"ARE YOU INSANE?!"

A commotion up ahead revealed an altercation, between what looked like a tall cyborg- Kali gasped at the sight of his arm for her own reasons, as it pinned down a figure on the ground. The freshman from the other night, with the blue eyes and the sword. The sword in question was off to the side as the boy thrashed and spoke.

"HE DID TRY TO FORCE HIMSELF UPON THE MAID! I MERELY SHOWED HIM THE ERROR OF HIS WAYS!"

Said girl, the healer from the other night looked as though she wanted to crawl down a hole and never see the light of day as she covered her face. The cyborg sighed.

"Look- Its nice you wanna help and all, but you DO NOT TACKLE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PATH!!"

"I COULD NOT USE MY SWORD! I WAS FORCED TO USE WHAT MEANS I HAD LEFT!"

Suddenly, Kali had a greater appreciation for normality.

@Takumi

---------

"Alright! Sweet."

That made one more added to the list as she smiled and flicked through a few more names. She beamed.

"Congrats, you're in my class now."

@Kaykay

------------

Elsewhere, at the Zone- The combination danger room and exercise area, Yomi had changed from her usual dress into track clothing. Sweat pants and a hoodie, as she charged around the track with a single-minded determination. She preferred sports like this- Solitary, relying on nobody but yourself. No need to reach out or work with a team, there was only the measure of your opponent and just how far you were willing to push yourself to beat him or her.

Granted, not everything was the same. Her weight class prevented her from running with the regular humans. But it was nice. Just to run and keep the world from catching up.

A flicker of movement at the corner of her eye had her come to a halt. Was that....

But the figure was gone. She scoffed and went back to running.

And Lucifer watched her go, before sighing sadly as he faded away once more, returning to his office.

Ryuko was here. He was recalled...And while he enjoyed seeing the students, playing at the role of teacher? It pained him to see his family like this. All he could do was watch and hope things didn't blow up.

At least for now.

Belle watched the altercation for a moment in confusion before looking to Kali.

"Should we stop them?" she asked after a moment of silently trying to understand the situation.

@Ringmaster

"Sadly, I've gotten somewhat used to it by now." Nah said, pouting and deflating just a little. Her name was a blessing and a curse due to it's uniqueness. This was just another day in the life of Nah.

"Well I'm totally not going to use it, except when it's like, really funny. And not to make fun of you, I mean... It's puns! Puns call and I answer." I dramatically pose, lowering my head and putting my hand over my heart. "Not everyone has the calling, nay. Some cannot hear the puns when they call. But I am cursed to bear this burden, of poor yet amusing comedy. It is my gift. It is my curse."

I ended with a giggle then gave Nah a thumbs up. "Okay, I'm good."

@Takumi @C.T. @The Wanderer

Afraid? Of primates?

@Michale CS
Cassandra stared at the proffered fruit and snorted, trying to keep in the laughter. That didn't last long, and soon she was slipping off her glasses to wipe at the corners of her eyes as she chuckled profusely for at least twenty seconds. "It's silly, isn't it? Thank you, professor. I'm sure I'll be over this nonsense in a trice. Thank you." She replaced her glasses and nodded.

"I'll just be on my way then. I'm sure you have better things to do than to listen to my twaddle." She gave a little curtsy and excused herself from the lab.

@Ringmaster

" Well, that is different. I always knew that there was so much that we didn't know. Now, I just need to find another course like you to take," she said to her smiling a bit.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster
"Well, I see. Was there anything else I could help you with, Miss Thunderman?" Zoe smiled, nodding as Lucifer let himself out.

@LuckycoolHawk9

"What, like a vampire?"

Marceline echoed that last thought questioningly, looking less offended and more like she embraced the notion of being different. She floated over with her legs curled slightly off the floor and held out a hand, briefly appearing like she was going for a somewhat ungainly shake, before all was revealed when Cooper's sunglasses suddenly levitated up from where they'd fallen to the floor for her to pluck them out of the air. And try them on.

lmHxoL8.png

"Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, you don't see us around so much any more. I'm kind of an outcast, anyways. Queen of my own empty Court."

The musician took the glasses off and passed them back, noticing the odd shift in how she saw him when she did.

"So only half human, huh? What's the other half? Besides the reason your voice is like whaaaaaaaat and your eyes go like *brrrrrooooooooommmmmmmm-brrroomm-brroom*."

Huh. She was making some weird noises with her mouth right now. Darn her non-immunity to hypnosis stuff. Well, she could always hypnotize him back later.

Cooper decided not to answer that.

Cooper noticed that she was completely fine with being different, which was indeed something he hadn't seen in a while. He had met people in the past who embraced their powers. It was not new to him that some people weren't scared of who or what they were. He was sadly not one of those people. He hated having the ability to control people against their will, it felt wrong, so very, very wrong indeed. He looked over at them quite curiously.

Cooper chuckled a bit when she mentioned that she was an outcast. He could describe himself in the exact same way if he wanted too.

He took them back, but did not put them back on his face. He wasn't quite ready for that at the moment either curiously.

" Oh me, the other half is god, well greek god. It's basically that my mother is the goddess of love Aphrodite. Don't ask all the details, I don't know them," he added to her.

He slid his sunglasses back on his face." I kind of have this gift/ curse with my eyes. Anyone who makes direct contact without it breaking usually can be controlled by me."

"Well, I see. Was there anything else I could help you with, Miss Thunderman?" Zoe smiled, nodding as Lucifer let himself out.
Phoebe considered what she wanted to ask. " So, besides the extra credit and the lab stuff, what else am I going to need for this course?

But the figure was gone. She scoffed and went back to running.​
"Hey"

Yomi's solitary run suddenly had a second participant. She'd jumped into the lap in the most literal sense, dropping next to Yomi from a window overlooking the Zone with her boots barely making a sound on impact. Not purposefully(?) taking advantage of Yomi's brief distraction, but nonetheless she practically appeared out of thin air next to the hunter. It was the girl in the red hood from the initiation ceremony. Her sprint had the hood billowing in the air behind her and the wolf ears on her head plainly visible this time however, and she was staring intently at Yomi's hoodie as she kept pace.

"...Can I have that when you're done?"

Cassandra stared at the proffered fruit and snorted, trying to keep in the laughter. That didn't last long, and soon she was slipping off her glasses to wipe at the corners of her eyes as she chuckled profusely for at least twenty seconds. "It's silly, isn't it? Thank you, professor. I'm sure I'll be over this nonsense in a trice. Thank you." She replaced her glasses and nodded.

"I'll just be on my way then. I'm sure you have better things to do than to listen to my twaddle." She gave a little curtsy and excused herself from the lab.
"You have a good day miss."

He waved goodbye and the last she saw of him was the good professor knuckling over to his desk.

@Michale CS

--------------
Belle watched the altercation for a moment in confusion before looking to Kali.

"Should we stop them?" she asked after a moment of silently trying to understand the situation.
Kali shrugged helplessly. She could well understand why he did so, but these were the lawful enforcement of the grounds.

Her want to help and her primary inset programming to be respectful of authority was creaking under the stress.

@Takumi

-----------
"Hey"

Yomi's solitary run suddenly had a second participant. She'd jumped into the lap in the most literal sense, dropping next to Yomi from a window overlooking the Zone with her boots barely making a sound on impact. Not purposefully(?) taking advantage of Yomi's brief distraction, but nonetheless she practically appeared out of thin air next to the hunter. It was the girl in the red hood from the initiation ceremony. Her sprint had the hood billowing in the air behind her and the wolf ears on her head plainly visible this time however, and she was staring intently at Yomi's hoodie as she kept pace.

"...Can I have that when you're done?"
Oh dark gods, not another one.

And she even had a wolf motif. That was just great. Yomi's mood soured and it made her snappish as she said coldly.

"No."

A moment later, she regretted it as she amended her words.

"It was a gift from family. Why, do you collect them?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Oh dark gods, not another one.

And she even had a wolf motif. That was just great. Yomi's mood soured and it made her snappish as she said coldly.

"No."

A moment later, she regretted it as she amended her words.

"It was a gift from family. Why, do you collect them?"
The wolf girl opened her mouth to reply, but closed it again as her brow furrowed in thought, her ears still bouncing with each step.​

"...define 'them'? I don't want a bunch of hoodies if thats what you mean."

The wolf girl opened her mouth to reply, but closed it again as her brow furrowed in thought, her ears still bouncing with each step.​

"...define 'them'? I don't want a bunch of hoodies if thats what you mean."
"Them' as in the item you seem to be asking me for."

She said dryly, not in a mood for a run-around besides the one here. She did give a grudging pair of eights though, for the way she kept up.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

She glanced over at her sister, before frowning.

"Not that its not good to see you sister, but I must ask. What brings you back so early?"

It was a nice happenstance overall, but her presence here rather then out in space was disquieting.​
"Can't ya tell? I came back all this way from beyond distant worlds and across space for one single reason. And that is...to apply to teach math." Ryuko deadpanned, expression as flat as can be.

@Ringmaster

Phoebe considered what she wanted to ask. " So, besides the extra credit and the lab stuff, what else am I going to need for this course?
"A healthy sense of wonder, and the ability to do exactly what I say when we are on a field trip. Any alteration made to the timelines we visit could cause harm to the present and future." She smiled, crossing her arms across her chest and leaning back in her chair.

"And don't get any ideas in that save-the-world brain of yours that beating this or that bad guy is going to make the world better. The world is the world. When it needs changing... I know it. It's, sort of what I do, besides teach."

@LuckycoolHawk9

The student had obviously noticed Feng's sudden awakening and stance since they weren't blind. It was just that reacting to it would have meant breaking the staredown of what they had been sure was a rockin' clash in the making. Which had been wrong, but still.

Now that they were being followed though, they turned and arched an eyebrow at Feng as they backpedaled. "I mean. I dunno if I was looking forward to it, library doge seems like a chill pup and I ain't out to beat down the undeserving. I was just, you know.... ready." At the second question, the slightly guilty expression they had ended with shifted to exasperated "Dude, you fell asleep in the middle of the entrance hall. You're lucky some poor bastard didn't drop chute their ass on top of you and break it"

"Vasili Thana, by the way. Lord of Rock and death." The kid added with a confident smirk. "S'why I had to know the answer to your question. Only one master of death may stalk these halls- ACK"

Their hands had started to raise as they declared the gravitas of their position, but Vas didn't have eyes in the back of their head and almost tripped over a bench in the hallway​

"I still have my suspicions, there clearly is more to him than a mere librarian," Feng asserted aloud as he casually followed. "For one, he must be a readily capable individual, able to handle the occasional delinquent student and to proffer abilities in light of our enemy, the Galra."

Though he added, "Fairly laid-back and personable though, perhaps a 'chill' God of Death if there was one."​

Anyway, this little person in front of him seemed a tad bit more interest, begetting his attention, "I would have survived, though I'd have levied the perpetrator my boundless umbrage in retaliation."

"Miss Thana," he interrupted, his eyes widening briefly as he saw ahead and redoubled his efforts, "Miss Thana--"

In a deft maneuver, Feng grasped one of Vasili's outstretched hands as to offer some form of anchoring, "Please do take care to observe your surroundings at all times."

His smile, awkward as it seemed, almost came across as patronizing.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"A healthy sense of wonder, and the ability to do exactly what I say when we are on a field trip. Any alteration made to the timelines we visit could cause harm to the present and future." She smiled, crossing her arms across her chest and leaning back in her chair.

"And don't get any ideas in that save-the-world brain of yours that beating this or that bad guy is going to make the world better. The world is the world. When it needs changing... I know it. It's, sort of what I do, besides teach."
Phoebe Thunderman had a healthy enough sense of wonder in her to know that sh would enjoy it. She was also really good at listening to people, which meant that this was the best class for her. She could ace it with flying colors and that made everything ten times better than when she started out.

" I understand that there are certain things that can't be changed. It might destroy space time and stuff, I get it," she said, surprised that her teacher also made sure that everything happened the way that it was supposed to happen. That was different.

@Michale CS

"Miss Thana," he interrupted, his eyes widening briefly as he saw ahead and redoubled his efforts, "Miss Thana--"

In a deft maneuver, Feng grasped one of Vasili's outstretched hands as to offer some form of anchoring, "Please do take care to observe your surroundings at all times."

His smile, awkward as it seemed, almost came across as patronizing.​
Vas' free arm pinwheeled when Feng caught their hand, but eventually they caught their balance and huffed. Before they yanked back their hand with surprising force with a crackle of black lightning coursing down their arm as they sought to use the motion to pull Feng closer to eye level. Their face was locked into a growl at the seemingly innocuous action and words.

"What did you just call me, Baldy?"

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Status
Not open for further replies.